/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

Forest Invasion Edition
I feel like everyone is just an asshole and doesn't actually want to play the game, they just want to use the equipment that was OKed by their forum or wiki. It's really upsetting to see that kinda shit. I know the game's old but fuck, I expected the retards to go away by now.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXGIWRHO8lgeHRyb8fzDMeKPpuzyWGq-HA9v-udWRYg/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well only the dedicated autists play DaS still, especially the PvP, so…

First for fuck you cunts, introducing absolute trash players to MH who are somehow worse than French Insect Glaive players.

What?

git gud casul

Daily reminder that Ultima Online will never happen again.

It's pretty sad how the DS playerbase has forgotten how to have fun, most people nowadays just follow boring builds on Reddit and get mad if you don't emote back when invading.
The PVP died the day when people forgot to have fun Instead of following "duel etiquette"

Wew lad, now this is fun.

that's every DaS game though

People seem way to deep into the whole duel and PVP thing. Rather than do fun things, you get a lot of people who try to be as tryhard and anti-fun as possible. I remember getting ganked after I invaded someone only to still win with a soul stream, but I got a lot of asshurt messages after shitting on magic for being too strong and how healing in PVP is unfair. You just get a ton of people who hate to lose with their approved meta builds.

How's that flamberge treating you, m8? Didn't I say it would be good? May the good blood guide you

I'm planning on playing Spear Of The Church with a Regen build. I've also tried to fight Spear Of The Church with two friends, each of us running a status affliction. (one frost, one bleed, one poison/toxic, etc.)

We've also tried doing new janky setups in 3v3's, such as making use of that new AOE buff staff thing. I haven't touched the game since the new update went out, but I'm hoping they actually buffed split damage this time.

Yeah, metafags are cancer. I've given up on PVP. If you go high level, you get metafags. If you go low level, you get twinks. There's no happy medium. Co-op is more fun, but I get annoyed when you help someone clear an entire area, and then right before the boss, they use the Black Separation Crystal. Fuck you, asshole, I just wasted my time for nothing.

The only time I've actively participated in dark souls pvp was for SotFS, mostly in rat king, and against belfry sol keepers because that gave titanite if I recall correctly. People just couldn't seem to deal with a zweihander's jumping attack.
However the few times I tried the iron keep bridge I got memed on pretty hard.

Speaking of co-op, how do I co-op? I put my sign down, I have DSCM on, I wait, and nothing happens. It says there are humans around, but all of them are obviously too shy to let the skeletons come to help them out.

Pretty good, now that there seems to be actual functioning poise, greatswords are really good for punishing Straight Sword R1 spammers, even better than just parrying them in some cases.

It took fucking forever to get it though. At least 40+ runs in the course of an hour and a half.

Black Crystal users are by and far more obnoxious and useless than metafags, at least to an extent.

Well you could try making friends with someone and directly connecting to them via their ID. Otherwise, you just have to wait.

Yeah, too bad you can't do anything to ruin their day after they decide to discard you like a piece of used toilet paper

BB fixed one of the problem the souls games have always had, which is weapons and armors are all able to be bought at a vendor or found in the world.

I guess that would work

We posting pvp stories?

I'm glad I watch a vid showing how not OP this the dual GS are. The tears of people that use them are tasty.

you can't indict people that summoned you for co-op, though maybe you can try and connect to them as an invader if they kick you out of their world. I don't know if you can use DCSM to connect directly to specific people for invasions, I think it just happens randomly.

Block frames are a cancer and I love every bit of it.

Like ember and souls are hard to get. Anyway, what you call arena i call the ladies club. You wanted the token? To bad, the host is not going to fight. You are winning a duel? Time to switch phantom, and by switch i mean he is going to get you before the one you are fighting is disengaging. The best ones are the one that camp on the spawning points. You don't even have time to crystal out of their "fun".
Of course, only high reach weapons because you gotta exploit that lag to be a proper lady.

Just remembered another one where I stomped on the meme weapon

Block frames are fine. Block frames on an attack that is hardly telegraphed because they're behind a door, with hit boxes the size of Anor Londo itself makes the doors actually viable

The fact that it has a constant hitbox on the push is what really fucks people over. You get at least two seconds of unstoppable blocking, meaning you will catch someone literally trying to do anything offensive with minimal losses on your end.

that girl would be cute if she didn't have brown eyes

Ds3 pvp is a lot easier, and a lot more fun to recall
>ACTUATION
Spears are supposed to make people feel like shit for trying to blaze through a boss like it's a PVP battle, it's a shame they got nerfed.

I was more commenting on how funny that would be to see.

"Welcome" is absolute smugness
Also post builds to increase the vitality of the thread.

Oh yeah, I'll need to get myself a nice good think build

Nah

'yes'

Please don't tell me that the Gaytheory faggot is making DS content and calling it "one of his favorite games of all time"

He does exactly that. His two parter video on DS3 is far from the most egregious he's done, but in the first one he identifies patches as siegward, correcting it in the second.

Which one ? There hundreds of lorefags now that people got a gander over at Vaati's patreon.

I had a friend that legitimately thought patches was siegward. Couldn't hear that patches was impersonating him. Quiet sad.

As I said, game theory, aka matpat.

HOURS OF RESEARCH

speaking of the patches voice, I heard Lapp had patches' voice actor and for some reason didn't put together that it was patches until he said he was unbreakable.

How can't he recognize Patches for fucks sake?! He has been en every DS game and he always does the same fucking thing

What's the best way to do a "team player", "support", or "force multiplier" in dark souls 3?

Right now it seems my only real options are the Lothric War Banner and the Lothric War Banner. Also healing spells.

what is this beautiful music that makes my soul yearn for adventure while it is submerged in melancholy waters.

use miracles that help eammates I think the Sunlight straightsword has a unique aoe for teammates too

pls anyone ;_;

Don't worry, I got ya buddy.

Bless you and your soul, kind user… May you find success in all that you do!

So I'm looking to try a strength-based build for 3. I hear str/luck with bleed is good ?

Prated Dark Souls 3.
Kind of fun, hitboxes seem not shit compared to 2 some bullshit like there was no indication that the first chest in the game would be a mimic but I'm sure thats what the online is for.
Is the PvP not awful and full of bullshit like 2 was. I mean the retarded lag compensation and the input buffering shit?

why is everyone complaining about shitty players? it happens.
half the fun of an unorhtodox build is defeating shitty meta builds with it

everyone told me velkas rapier was shit, that it did low damage and splitting it makes it lower when it has the highest practical dps of any weapon on heavy armor as far as I can tell.

Are you actually upset that you aren't being pointed in obvious indication that the chest is a mimic?

I'm gonna whip something up just for you based on my very first ever build

jesus christ man, i just realized that that channel has nearly 8 million subs

Well, I mean, you can Black Crystal out yourself when they keep summoning you. I had a shithead who kept black crystalling everybody when fighting the Ivory King.

After the 2nd time I caught on and just kept black crystalling out whenever he summoned me. Should've known from the start too, because the first time he summoned me, everybody else he summoned gestured and BC'd out.

There was no way for me to know this on my own this early into the game.

I just tried Artorias for the first time ever. Beaten every other game fully. I've died three times but I'm having fun trying to figure out how to beat him, by far the most aggressive quick boss in DaS I've met. The 30 fps doesn't really help when you're used to more but adds to the flair. The triple somerault move he does is fucked.

I don't remember this, which chest and where? I just remember the crystal lizard in the graveyard byt there were warnings.

After the dragon fire breath in the first area

First chest in the High Wall, underneath where the wyvern is perched

The chest in the walls of Lothric behind the dragon. The one that contains the Deep Battle Axe

If you think Artorias is fast, wait until you meet Manus.

wyvern*

You know now that you mention it I as pretty surprised how much damage frost did when it finally built up. When I was helping against Spears I was just being a useless piece of shit doing AREA DENIAL with floating chaos and cold snap spam, I rarely helped at all but dammit it was actually pretty fun.

How many times have you summoned during an invasion user?

Anyone have that collection of qt grill face sliders? I wanna make a fem herald.

MAKE IT
MAKE IT STOP

Is this your first Souls game? You stand to the side and give the chests a poke.

Did I at least manage to make a not-shit face this time?

Playing pirated SotFS. It's pretty good, would be worth the money, but I already bought the base DS2 way back and I figure multiplayer is probably pretty much dead but for the cancer.

Anyway even though I'm offline only I don't really want to overlevel and kill all challenge, so what is a good level to stop at? Not doing SL1 shit either, I'm just looking for the normal build limit.

Dark Souls 3 character creator is t r a s h don't bother.

If you played previous games you'd notice the end of chest's chain is pointed towards you which has been a mimic red flag in all games among other pointers by that's the one I always look at.
When in doubt, just whack every chest with impunity. Only in DaS3 though because if you hit normal chests in the others, they break and you get rubbish.

There's some on YT. Otzdarva has a lot of custom mugs.

I have it on my no-magic-whatsoever character. Darkmoon summons are rare, but they exist and you don't need to be embered for them. Good guide otherwise.
>hating on dancer

it won't ever fucking happen man

You just have to believe in RNGesus like all the ghosts I see in Anor Londo.
After about 2 hours and with enough surplus to clothe a private army of Silver Knights, you might get a ear or two.
In all seriousness, I farmed 8 ears in about 1h. Add the two you find and you can cash in the ring.

As for the actual covenant, got called a grand total of a single time in a entire run.

How do I into sorcery, lads?

I just got done doing the fucking cleric one, I'm in no mood to crank out another

Wasn't asking for a specialized picture, just tips.

:^)

Rule of thumb for magic in 3 is that you're better off starting as pyro, they benefit from both int and faith so you can end up casting anything while having worthwhile magic for the early game.

Eyes are too big, just fix the eyes and the facial structure is good.
t. autistic character creator

Also, I was going to post one of my DaS2 waifus. But after checking my screenshots and then my game, they are all gone, the pictures and the saves.
Fuck…

Duly noted. Thanks a bundle user.

Is the Whirligig Saw supposed to completely steamroll everything or did I just git gud?

the saw is a crutch and a crutch is a shackle..

It's arguably the best weapon in the game.
That said, I don't think BB has any bad weapons; not to the point of making gimped runs.

Yeah, its pretty OP, but not in a way that it outclasses anything, every weapon in BB is pretty viable.
Now go get up to the Yharnam Queen in the Chalice Dungeon, then you will have truly proven yourself.

Have fun with Cursed Amy and Bloodletting.

The saw's only true use is fucking with that edgelord Maria. The only true crutch weapon is the LHB. It's easy to get, scales with every melee-related stat fairly well, and doesn't have any downsides to how it's used. Basically BB's drake sword. At the very least you have to run a STR build and beat viacar ameilia to make use of the pizza cutter.

If that's the only issue, then I think I'll go with definitely not shit, which is good enough at this point. Although I do wish I had spent some time on the hair color instead of just going with the shitty preset. It's all FAR too late to change now.

I think I got it
I understood it after watching da2 ending. I never challenged nashandra. I wanted to kill alonne before her but didn't manage to do it.

Bandit Knife PS4 faggot here. Love invading in Irythill and using the curl up emote to hide in plain sight, then run up on niggers from behind. I wouldnt be ruining innocent peoples' day as a dickwraith if they hadn't ruined Darkmoons. This is your fault, From.

Also how what the bleed whips/scythes this go around? Remember the whips in 2 being extremely easy to dodge and the scythes not worth using.

Top kek, you check if the chest is breathing first, or what way the chain points. If it's curled inwards like a circle, it's safe.

Gay.

Not the pic I was expecting, but those dubs are checked.

I got you famalam.

What the fuck is WITH this DLC? Is it actually trying to combine the worst aspects of 1 and 2?

I always found odd she'd go into an open plain.

Yeah nobody was really happy with ariandel. It's got a neat metaphor for the series as a whole and a good final boss but that's about it. Ringed city is better though.

Well she can't sunbathe in dungeons.

"filled with dumb bullshit that dipshits will defend"?

It's the only DLC I didn't beat in a single sitting because I got bored of it and gave up out of disgust.

Well, at least until I took a peek at ringed city, got completely owned by bullshit autocannons, and decided it wasn't worth the time either.

Yes, and Ringed City combines the worst aspects of 2 and 3.

Both of those weapons are pure cheese and easy to stop. One is just spam and the other is just God tier turtle. It is funny watching people flee when they realize this crutch weapons don't work. They try to swap out their weapons, and I just backstab.

I got a good co-opp story that happened to me recently.

Probably the happiest moment I ever had playing this game. Happiest moment I have had in long time.

Your shitposting is not that far off, it's presented as a rotting world that must be cleansed with fire, which at first glance seems like a straight equivalent of the waning and linking of the flame. Except after the final boss, it's said that the linking of the flame in the outside world is actually just the equivalent of the rot in the painting, feeding either dumbshits or blood into a flame to preserve a statu quo that isn't worth preserving. When you burn away the painting, it's the equivalent of the age of dark.
Granted only lorefags will care about this so you can safely discount it as a plus for the DLC.
Ringed city is balanced for a NG+ character pretty much, and the difficulty is rewarded by +3 rings for your trouble. There's also the desert sorceress set that still makes a female character's boobs bigger and a git gud

Awww the delicious tears that armor caused. SJWS ranted for hours. Best part of DLC, honestly.

so what happens to dark souls now?

It'll be remembered as a meme game by normalfags.

Well, the Dark Souls saga has ended, either the flame was rekindled one last time (no real hope for another lord of cinder, just ash rising now). Or the Abyss takes it's place and the dark thrives, or the fire finally fades and goes out, leading to a uncertain future.

I don't know if this will be the last dark souls, but this should be the last one to have any callbacks to 1,2, or 3. If we get a new one, it should be set in a new age, and not deal with linking a fire at all, or could be like demon souls, where some idiot found out about the primordial flame and tried to recreate it again, causing the world to get fucked up and now our job is to snuff the fire, rather than restore it.

im more curious if fromsoft is going to maintain universe continuity in future games, i feel like it ended with more questions then answers but part of me doesn't want to see this IP get milked to death
i suppose an "encyclopedia" of the world would suffice at this point, as for the game itself i cant really see what else could be added outside of more pvp arenas

They knew if there needed to be a callback to one dark souls 2 area, it was earthen peak, and that, for the sole reason of bringing back the lewd set.

They said it was pinky-swear over, and the ending of ringed city is about moving on to new things, so at present it's clear they want it to be concluded for good. Whether this includes bloodborne is unclear though.

dislikes: jolly cooperation, helpful messages, armor without spikes, Great Lord Gywn from the Age of Fire fuck you Gywn stop continuing your age of Fire you piece of shit, Ariamis, non-bleed weapons, Gywndolin (megga ass-faggot), sunshine, living,Yuria, honor duels

Playing through DaSII at the moment, SotFS. Its OK. I'm enjoying it more than my first time through I think and that is largely because I'm quite a veteran at the series now. There is still a bunch of bullshit that brings it down though. Shitboxes, tracking attacks, everything has this weird slowness to it.

You'll never out-edge the royal dipshits.

Disliking best girl is pretty damn edgy though.

I just killed ebrietas with the chikage in under a minute and I'm helping others through the fight.
Bloodtinge=Easy mode.
Why aren't you a weaboo warrior yet, user?

You have departed from the ways of the good blood, and must be cleansed.

Just started a skill/BT for my second run actually. What's good until the chikage?

Just suffer until you get it. Put points into skill to get you through the game and once you get the chikage start investing heavily into bloodtinge. I used the saw spear and rifle spear for the early game.

Is there any OFFICIAL word about a complete edition (ie like Scholar) for DS3? I'm assuming there will be one.

Why use the Chicago when you can just bone ash the Evelyn and blow her cannelloni head off?

How's co-op at Ebby's? I recall that being a borderline full time job when I was doing it. Ditto for Amy and Rom.

Seconding the Saw Spear / Rifle Spear suggestion. It's also what I used until I got the Chikage. A serrated weapon to fight beasts and a thrust weapon to fight kin.

There isn't much down-time between summons. Even Alfred-LARPers are saluting me. I only failed once because Ebrietas seemed to get stuck in a corner and acted oddly.

pssshhhh…

i wouldn't even need 10% of my power to defeat you, kid….

No one's mentioned Simon's Bowblade yet, which is the true SKL/BLT weapon. You might think it's too endgame but you can get to the Hunter's Nightmare and kill Simon when you first encounter him, and get it just after you kill Vicar Amelia.

Otherwise you shouldn't focus on weapons that scale with BLT at first and instead upgrade your firearms. Repeating Pistol for early game and Evelyn for mid-game, both do a good amount of damage when upgraded and scaled.

Now I remember why I stopped playing this game

I beat Ebby with the Wheel and no summons, best feeling of the game.

ps what the flying fuck is up with dark 3's lighting and hair? i literally set that hair to 255 on the RGB and it still comes out black

I was starting to wonder if bloodtinge could make guns do a significant amount of damage, so thanks. A bit odd the repeating would have 10 str requirement but heh. I don't usually try to kill npcs but if it just gives you the item early, why not.

felt delicious, especially all the times I locked off and smashed her face with the heavy, I love how high it hits bosses.

What kind of retards say this shit? They realize DkS2 had that armor too, right? And also, Gwynevere had some nice tits.

I guess you could argue you had to farm to get the armor on your character in 2 so he could have missed it despite the enemy wearing it. But more likely you're looking at someone who only ever experienced dark souls through LPs and came to the item's page specifically to bitch.

DaS 2 is the easiest of all the Souls games to make an attractive face in, and yet you still fucked it up.

why is this allowed

It's because they reused Bloodborne code for as much shit as possible and didn't bother to try to fix it for a character using Dark Souls code. That or they're incompetent and ended up falling for the difficulty marketing.

jesus, that is the shit out of nightmares

Beat Bloodborne for the third time in a month and a half. I should probably find something more productive to do.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Bloodborne is the same engine as 1 is the same engine as 3. Stuff has been tweaked, but things like the aggression mod from 1 could be ported over just by updating a few offsets. This is literally the Dark Souls 1 engine. So little has changed that the guy who came up with the 'play as Iron Golem' script tweaked it slightly into a 'play as Pontiff' script.

I mean, fuck, the difference between the weapon data struct in Dark 1 and the weapon data struct in Dark 3 is that the Dark 3 struct has two extra two-byte values tacked on to the end: dark block% and base dark damage. They still have the flags for 'is the skull lantern' and 'can hit ghosts' despite neither being relevant.

There is no excuse for this. Someone with more time and autism could literally port Dark Souls 1 into 3 with a memory editor because it's the same fucking engine.

It being the same engine doesn't change the fact that some enemies have the movement speed and general aesthetic of a rejected Bloodborne enemy. Armor being useless has been brought up too many times, but there's a clear difference between 1 and 3 in what armor is used for.

That's not an engine problem or a coding problem that's a balancing problem.

You can easily tweak armor values to make them meaningful. Fromsoft chose not to. Making armor matter is something a fan could patch in pretty effortlessly.

That doesn't mean they reused code. The crucified beast enemies in the crucifixion woods use the same animation rig as the Cloaked Beast Patients, and there are a few props reused, but that's not really the same thing. Even if you're talking in spirit you're far off the mark.

Harald knights use the same rig as infested barbarians from 1, too. This game is super low-effort.

The fact that armor is useless on top of all of the bullshit like covenants and straight swords having phantom hitboxes for ages makes me more upset than it should, but I've put over a thousand hours in the series.

3 just feels like a watered down copy of Bloodborne that's crammed full of hold overs of the previous games in the series that they shat out as quickly as possible because they wanted to be done with the series. Them reusing code or not doesn't change that at all.

You know what should make you REALLY upset?

There's no reason for any of that. The phantom hitboxes and armor values can be edited effortlessly in cheat engine to not be shit.

You know what's even worse? If you try to do it online, you get banned and can no longer play the game unless you pirate it or were retarded enough to buy the console version.

I do shit like that online all the time and haven't been banned.

You must have missed the ban waves that hit people who set the game to allow for more invaders and things like that. Just goes to show that From is a competent developer who knows what people want.

actually armor is too important in pvp, especially regarding the poise changes, i really fucking wish they would apply poise value to the WEAPON TYPE instead of the armor and not use a proactive system for calculating poise trades, game has to check both players poise values and weapon poise damage, which will have inconsistent results based on latency (both clients need a double hit confirm, check values and check damage) instead of just doing the ds1 system where poise is always "ON" and the poise damage depends on the weapon type and attack (while this system is more retard friendly, its VASTLY more consistent and fair)

POISE is important in pvp. defense still does nothing.

also ds2's soft stun states and poise multipliers on heavy weapons still worked the best imo. soft stuns prevent poise stabs and hyperarmor that lets you ignore auto knockdowns lets you trade with firestorms and greatarrows and come out ahead

Who is best Dark Souls wafer and why is it Yuria?

So is the Path of the Dragon covenant dead in DS1? Where do I find fight clubs to fight other dragon bros?

Are you even fucking trying?
The only correct answer is Solaire

In 3? Karla. She's a wicked one, after all. She's probably into some kinky stuff that prudish types like Irina or Anri would never consider, and Yuria is more a submissive type willing to do anything for her lord. An assertive woman who's into it is more fun than a submissive that's just along for the ride.

There's two ways to see without any interaction: 1. If it's a mic chest, it's chain always points forwards. 2. Mimic chests breathe if you watch slowly (you can see their teeth).

Clarification of what: said, you can whack chests once without them breaking regardless of the game. If you're super paranoid, throw a lloyd's talisman, that puts the mimic to sleep, and allows you to loot them. Funnily enough, this is how you farm for a symbol of avarice (lloyd, loot, bonfire, repeat).

Tried my best. I kinda wish there were more hairstyles, nothing I could find really fitted what I wanted (longer bangs with longer ponytail, etc).

Did you save her as a favorite? Reduce her overall head size and give her a bit of a smirk & you're golden.

He brings up a fair point that there is no way someone who has never played a souls game before would be able to know the very first chest in the game would be a mimic chest. It's very silly.

Both of 'em, yep.

Never said he didn't, just sticking to the useful advice, m80.

I was talking mainly about 2 & 3. Difficult to tell if there's any blatant flaws on 1 since she's got a hood, but honestly just reduce her head size a bit and she'd be great.
Dark 3 does have kinda janky creation though. I've made some gorgeous dimes in BB, so you'd think that'd carry over.

Also you never got handheld in DeS, DaS, or DaS2 with mimics, no reason for DaS3 either. It's positioning is a little bad, but no worse than the slime that drops down on you in the depths or the barrel they roll down the stairs in the Undead Settlement.

The first DaS mimic, IMO was the worst. You slog through so much of the fortress, unassumingly, thinking "finally some neat loot", only to realize your entire journey getting cut short.

Fair enough. Will adjust her with a pale tongue since getting them is fun again with the patch. And yeah, it's odd. I find it weird that the strange, elongated necks carried over but not much else, really.

I feel like Dark 3 characters are always super oily too. Like BB characters were totally fine, but in DaS3 it's like ever character is constantly sweating profusely.
Here's my BB lady and DaS3 lass for shits and giggles.

reminder that bloodborne is unplayable trash

Evelyn and Gatling with Blood Tinge are incredibly good. Cannon is fun for PVP cheese.

Because she, of course, is also…mhine?
Sexy VA and gives us a ending that doesn't seem as bad as every other. She feels like what Fauxsefka could have been.

Meanwhile…

Here's the difference between a similarly upgraded drangleic mail and desert sorceress bust from the same strike from the same enemy in 2. Armor value being a meme is not new. It just strikes you more in bloodborne because the numbers don't even vary that much.

Since there's no scaling whatsoever on Avelyn what's a good upgrade path to put it on? PvE and low-level PvP.

If only there was a Gwnevere armor set.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXGIWRHO8lgeHRyb8fzDMeKPpuzyWGq-HA9v-udWRYg/edit#gid=0

rather basic, refer to the spreadsheet

what the fuck is going on with that BB characters jaw

So, can someone explain to me, why in the fuck is The Crown Of The Iron King SO FUCKING BAD? I'm an hour in, and all the DLC does is spam those fucking axe knights at me. You take two steps, and five of them come out of the ground at once, then bumrush you.

When the crown trilogy is said to be better than DaS2 main game, it's because of the level design making at least an effort to be interesting, not that the ebin gank gets any better. And yeah, Iron King has the worst. Iron passage is particularly infamous.

You know about the mod that lets you easily connect with everyone playing DKS right?
There is 2k people online right now.

Everlasting dragern is actually a path of the dragon faggot who got to the final stage of the dragonstones?

how do I git gud in dark souls? seems fun game. I think I'm quite early still in the game. I've defeated taurus demon. I've encounterd both Bell Gargoyle and caprademon, but haven'ät defeated either of those yet, so I've spent time exploring. also found some garden place full of hostile tree things. then I encountered huge towering knight with a green tint in his armor and I decided to nope out of there. Incidently, I've encountered several tall armoured guys, who almost always trash me in combat. only one I've defeated was one in the building where you can get to the roofs where the gargoyle is. he was huge and in compledtely black armor, using shield and mace. I think the only reason I defeated him was because his attacks were relativelky easy to dodge. Also, is it possible for a skilled player to defeat that dragon who's on the other side of that bridge?

hands down the best
she is confirmed to have over 100 lbs of pussy and ass

Guys is there a good DS3 Mule you can use? I want to do some PvP builds

learn how to backstab and parry
the parry window is from 1 frame after you press the button and lasts an amount of frames depending on what you parry with.

theoretically you should also learn how dodging works, but you don't really need to. you can trash the game from behind any greatshield

i held a speedrunning WR at one point and beat the game naked using only my bare fists to deal damage, but i've never been able to kill it except by using ranged attacks from somewhere it can't hit me back

also it's a wyvern

The thing about Dark Souls 2's defense is that each point of defense makes it exponentially better up until you achieve 99% damage reduction, which is where more defense stops doing anything. In terms of physical defense, you need to achieve an amount higher than the enemy's AR to start seeing significant drops, otherwise it just always drops by an amount. Elemental defenses always shave off a percent. This is a crossbow bolt to the chest with havel's set. Naked, it does about 30x this damage.

Abuse I-Frames and use the strongest weapon. Every Dark Souls game in a nutshell.

Your point?

It's not, you're just a mongloid who rushes into rooms blindly like a retard. I've never had Ashen Knights gank me, not once.

Analyze your surroundings, retard.

No, you dumb fucking shit, if you try to go slowly, you take two fucking steps in any area where the floor is covered in ash, and two to five of them spawn.

Someone that has never played one before would never be brace enough to run for the door leading to it

okay, this is probably stupid question, but is I-frame invincibility frame or something?

iframe is universally used as invincibility frame, yes.

you'll also have to eventually learn terms like 'hyperarmor.'

oh and that's a real useful tip for 1: you will never manage to be anything other than a glass cannon. acquiring ultimate defense translates to taking maybe one extra hit before dying, so all your focus should be on murder.

also don't put any points into resistance it doesn't do anything

>and two to five of them spawn.
Stop blindly rushing into rooms like a fucking retard.

ps, any twohanded strong attack breaks their poise

Bingo.

When I get home I'll make a DaS1 poise guide for you fags to repost

Top Kek

>the level 1 is dropped by a fucking crow

wrong
fatrolling with 85 agility
come at me bro

Get DWGR, lower you equip load to under 25%, never get hit again, unless of course you are absolute shit, which if that is the case git gud.

Also, weapon upgrades, find a weapon you like and make sure to upgrade it sufficiently. Players make it through the game NG up to NG+7 on Lvl one characters using upgraded weapons, red tearstong rings, and well timed dodges.
Which honestly is pretty nuts, I remember Sl 1 Manus as being one of the hardest things ever at least for me.

Isn't entirely random. Carrion crows eat people, that crow is in a hall full of people meditating on the cosmic great ones. It isn't as well-placed as other runes (like all of the Lake runes which are found within line of sight of a body of water) and doesn't totally make sense that one of the research hall patients would be meditating on the Messengers.

This is DaS2 we're talking about. Ivory King and Sunken King are marginally better, not by a whole lot. Crown of the Iron King is just conceptually cool.

What makes it particularly odd is that Guidance is Ludwig's rune.

I can put up with shitty level design. I can put up with shitty hitboxes. I can put up with intentionally cancerous enemy placement. I can put up with the enemies that have completely ass backwards attack timings, and do 180° turns mid swing to track you. I can put up with the game being fucking retarded enough to give me enough shit to get 96 levels and a +10 weapon before even getting a second lord soul. I can put up with the shitty first try bosses like Freja, Covetous Demon, Ruin Sentinels and such.

But what I can't put up with is HOW FUCKING SLOW AND CUMBERSOME EVERYTHING IS. The roll is fucking slow, has startup delay and has no iframes, unless you dump into Adaptability. Item usage is fucking slow unless you dump into adaptability. The melee swings are fucking slow, stamina regenerates slow, every swing of a longsword has six hours of recovery. It feels so much fucking worse compared to the first and third games. Whenever I play the fucking game I feel like the Germans invading Russia in the fall.

So, i decided to marathon all 3 dark souls games (DS Prepare to die, DS2 Scholar of the first Sin, DS3). I played them a bit, never completed. Singleplayer pirated versions of course. I'l end marathon with Dragon's Dogma, just because i never completed that game either.
Hope it will go well. I feel i'l be playing like beginner, it was so long time ago i ever started DS1, i actually bought it back then, lost steam account and never used steam afterwards. I am going to suck a lot. Think i'l go with thief build.

Armor matters more than you think but not in the way you'd expect.
In DaS1 armor pretty much did nothing but give you poise and resistances to poison and the like.
In Das2 armor matter A GREAT AMOUNT but in a pretty strange way. IIRC, armor didn't really matter until you met the AR of the weapon. So if a weapon hit you for 400 slash damage, you wouldn't see any reduction until you hit 400 slash defense. Then I believe this amount pretty much removed .05% for each point. So having 800 slash defense meant you take less than half of the damage from a slash attack. The weird part is is that every single type of damage was calculated and reduced toget her rather than separately. This means that if you have a fire axe that dealt 200 slash and 200 fire, they would just add to 400. Your fire and slash defense would then add together and be compared then. This means that you have to worry about 2 different defense stats to actually. This being paired with elemental defenses being more effecient for weight led to lighter armors being more effective for most things. This sound skin of rediculous and unbalanced but it allowed armor to actually effect the way you play l. I say this because you COULD make a pure physical build with 800+ physical defenses with heavy armor. If you defensed this, pure physical weapons didn't do a god Damm thing to you. You became a mother fucking tank. Nothing in the other games came close to this other than using iron flesh (and don't even get me started about how iron flesh worked in 2)
Das 3 has the most simple damage reduction formula. Your defense is a flat reduction. Absorption is a % reduction.
Your defense is determined by your stats and whether or not you're wearing armor and all. Your absorbtion is mostly determined by armor. Once you hit 20% absorption with armor alone the starts to decay. This only for armor though so stacking about 20% in absorption for armor then putting on the ring of steel protection can bump you up to 30%+. This means most armor is pointless at low levels and heavy armor worn together has no purpose other than poise.

Also, Das 1, 3, and bloodborne did not let you stack any meaningful amount of damage reduction and even if you were to cheat there is a certain amount of damage than cannot be reduced at all.
In 2 however, you can actually become immune to anytype of damage (except an insignificant amount of physical damage). Leveling up actually made a difference in your effective survival ility regarding innate damage reductions too.

I don't want to defend 2 that much but the game had solid numbers games going on

Artorias one of the best bosses of all the games.

You can dodge his triple flip attack, and even get a hit in depending on your weapon.

Okay, it's time.
Dark Souls 3 is better than Dark Souls
Bloodborne is better than all of them including Demon's Souls.

>IIRC, armor didn't really matter until you met the AR of the weapon. So if a weapon hit you for 400 slash damage, you wouldn't see any reduction until you hit 400 slash defense.
This is more or less correct.

Only against certain enemies and bosses. Low-level grunts can be reduced to zero damage.

Not true. They patched that shortly after enisle made a video of him stacking every defensive buff including BTSR to stop taking physical damage. All damage reduction is now capped at 99%. You can still achieve immunity to status effects.

Armor also scaled with stats.

2 has the best engine and the best numbers. Someday I'm going to romhack it into having the best level design.
ps you can hack the stance weapon art into 2 and make valorheart a straightsword/smallshield powerstance

Nah, Dark Souls 3 has too much Bloodborne in it for it to be great, it has no direction of its own. They needed to tone down the multiple enemy encounters and the overall speed. What made Demons and Dark 1 great was that they relied on patiently waiting for attacks and timing your dodges and/or blocks. You had to learn how to pull enemies, where as in Dark Souls 3 there are some enemies that chain pull no matter what. In DeS/DaS you had to use your shield in those games especially when you were learning for survivability.

But in Dark Souls 3 it has become more about spamming your attacks against a crowd of enemies ala BB. It works in some areas, and in others it fails horribly as there are too many enemies with too much damage and the BB styled combat doesn't work.

I don't tend to get attacked by mobs of enemies for some reason. I can usually fight everything one at a time leading up to the boss.
People say this about bloodborne but it still doesn't happen.
I don't rush into stuff.

tbh I feel like demons, 1, and 2 all have their own strengths and weaknesses to the point i can't decide which one is the objective best. How do you compare a stronger narrative versus an interconnected worldmap versus strong numerical balancing that makes almost build viable?

3's just trash.

This was also true in 1. Ghosts in New Londo, certain groups of rats, a few encounters in the burg, your first time through lower burg, the room with a bajillion hollows in the parish, etc.

There remains a single encounter in Dark Souls 3 that I genuinely like that actually felt like I was playing a souls game: The bug room in Ashes of Ariandel. You had to pull the bugs one or two or three at a time, using the pillars for cover and the doorway as a choke point. That was fucking fun. I had to use my brain, my environment and carefulness to solve problems instead of mashing r1 and circle until the problem went away.

Dark Souls 3 lore connects to dark souls 1 so it's pretty stupid to compare that part. there's more of it in 3 and it's just as good.
It's just a better feeling game otherwise too.
Sword arts are a good addition to the gameplay formula.
They finally added a frost element.

Leave

How is it good by trying to coattail on how good 1's lore was? It's fan-fiction tier mentailty, you're not supposed to expect the same returns on backstory as you do on narrative. I never wanted someone to come along and say "Hey man look at all this other shit we found out about the mythology of the world"

Not a great argument.

It's just as good so yeah, and it's right where a sequel to a souls game should be.
The current events are ages into the future and the lore is about things that happened after Dark Souls 1.
It's right where it should be canonically and people who disparage it wouldn't do that if 2 never existed and instead Namco were to wait for Miyazaki to get done with Bloodborne before production on Dark Souls 2 began. 3 would be a perfect 2.
If you want my honest opinion though, there shouldn't be sequels.
Every souls game should be a unique IP, but if one must exist, Dark Souls 3 is nearly perfect.

Time to neck yourself, you inept ignoramus.

u wot m8
Dark 2 also connects to Dark 1, but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about Demon's Souls having a tighter focus and way less extraneous bits and plot threads that don't go anywhere. It knew it wasn't getting a sequel so it answered the questions it brought up.
not an argument
It's literally what 2 did with 2hl2 attacks (like majestic greatsword or sorcerer's twinblade) except they also drain mp and are fucking useless 90% of the time.
whoop-de-shit? "They added a status effect?" Is that seriously the best you can come up with to defend Dark Souls 3?

The world map is a fucking hallway. You have to go through the same areas in the same order every time aside from 3 optional areas which all become available at the same point anyway. 90% of the movesets on weapons are identical and don't even have the excuse dark 2 did where weapons with identical movesets would have other properties to differentiate them (eg drakekeeper sword had more reach and poise damage but the varangian sword had more power). Half the weapon arts are 'stance' and the other half are spin slash. The vast majority of weapon classes are unviable. Despite having a shitload of elemental and status effect infusions, NONE OF THEM ARE ANY FUCKING GOOD. There's 3 upgrade paths worth using. Magic that isn't pyromancy isn't worth using. Enemies can recover from getting hit faster than you can recover from hitting them, and then attack so fast that the game can and will punish you for successfully attacking. Half the bosses are more about RNG than player skill. You get stunlocked for days because of how worthless poise is. Armor is completely useless if you aren't using certain weapons. Armor's so heavy you can't even fashion souls without sacrificing stat points on your build. Half the covenants are useless because they didn't reuse 2's netcode. The password-based matchmaking means that half the time you'll invade gank squads with endgame stats and equipment while using a +2 toothpick.

I could go on about Dark 3's flaws for so fucking long that I'd hit the character count but I'm not gonna.

Definitively, by existing, that's untrue. We would be here a long time if I nitpicked every little low-effort inclusion and sloppy oversight I hate in 3, but if we're going to talk about sequels, of any of these games, Dark Souls has to be the game that least needed a sequel. It doesn't make even a small amount of sense without the retcons of the later games about "cycles".

Bloodborne, fine, it's all about the rise and fall of empires, the beastly scourge has all happened before and it will probably happen again, there's your sequel. In Demon's Souls, despite the ambiguity of the Maiden's last line, it's totally plausible that the Old One will wake from its slumber and the deep fog will spread again, there's your sequel. King's Field, another king, another kingdom, makes sense. Shadow Tower, the tower could rise again. But when they decided to make a sequel, they decided to make a sequel to the game about the inevitable heat death of the universe and the death of everything. There's no coming back from that one.

You're familiar with the situation where Miyazaki joined the development of 3, right?

None of what you're bitching about affects me and most of it is flat out fucking wrong but you know what? I'm not gonna waste my time. You say nothing with so many words.
nice try. but you're not gonna bait me into an autism fueled bullet point argument.
not me, pal.

i accept your defeat and admission you are unable to defend your beliefs

Dude you can beat meta just git gud

Once you learn proper spacing and have experience fighting against the meta weapons, you'll realize everything has a counter-play to it.

Thought I will say Gael's Greatsword R1+WA combo is fucking dumb.

Also, I love this tacit admission that, yes, you agree a ton of these complaints are, in fact, 100% valid and applicable, but are trying to defend it with "well i didn't have that problem because i didn't do that."

That's like trying to defend Bed of Chaos 'well i didn't play that far in the game so it didn't affect me, pal, so therefore you're wrong and the boss is well-designed'

Who even does that?
That's never happened to me.
I've only been black crystal'd when the player discovers a hard fought-for bonfire and is out of estus.

Holy shit I'm of disappointed in this thread. So many fucking whiner babies and shitters complaining about aspects of the game that simply require you to get gud. Seriously its not that hard just stop being shit.

DS3 is fucking great you just suck at it.

The point is it is possible to git gud, but invaders are heavily out of favor in most fights, to include the spears of the church.
Ds3 is good like a fastfood menu; you see a yummy picture but eating off it is sickening and addictive

If this is the next Fromsoft game I'm highly disappointed.
They wouldnt work with Namco on anything but "Dark Souls" though and this doesn't look like Dark Souls at all.
Hopefully it has nothing to do with Fromsoft and Namco are just jerking chains.

Doubt it, it's just Slashy Souls 2. I don't know what's going on legally but I would bet that Namco has the rights to milk the "Dark Souls" brand as much as it wants in any way it wants. Reminds me of that awful teaser for 3 that Eli Roth directed.

i really hope that is just a teaser, using concept art
and not what the game will look like

nah
weakest entry in the series if only for the shittiest world map by far

Looks like some kind of bootleg modern day Bloodborne. Is Bamco really being this flagrantly hackish?

It shouldn't be Bloodborne either, especially if it's Bamco.
God, that would be even worse.
Wait, what is Slashy Souls?

Oh user, you're going to regret asking

Weren't they making a tabletop out of that? I thought it came out a while back, though

DaS3 is slashy, but at least they give you a reason to use a shield. I just wish the weapon balance wasn't so fucked, especially when they removed lot of of the variety 2 had.

Fromsoft is cool with that being out there on the market?

Like I said, I don't think they really have a say in the matter, it must be the publisher's decision

What a strange contest.
Those are European copies too I believe.

…good to know my bootleg NES port of dark souls will probably get an A-OK as an official product if THAT kind of shit gets greenlit

Its such a mixed bag. The way sprinting and jumping takes startup. The slowness of everything. The animations looking a little too off. The completely unmemorable characters, quests and zones. Those damn shitboxes and tracking attacks. But then there is the smooth framerate and generally decent port, the fashion, the build variety, the large amount of content.

I feel both joy and sorrow playing the game. Sometimes it'll be fun others I'll feel like just wanting to stop.

DS2 falls apart as soon as the game starts throwing anything remotely difficult at you, like in the DLCs.

Why is everyone so hipsterifc toward Dark Souls 3?

Playerbase-wise, even DaS1 has more players than DaS2.

My favorite part of 2 is when some enemies will glitch out after their last attack animation, and they freeze in place for a moment until their next attack activates and hits you instantly - no lead in animation, just teleports forward and you take damage.

I'm sorry?

My favorite part is how fucking dumb some of the attack timings are on their own. Like the Allone Knight's standard chop attack, which has the guy raise a sword like he's about to do an overhead chop, then instantly do damage, then actually chop.

KEK ACCEPTS YOUR APOLOGY

There's such a tragic reason for this.

Dark 2 has a super weird animation engine that does smart auto-tweening animations between actual animation rather than them having to do it by hand, which is why crazy moveset weapons like santier's spear or the lloyce greatsword could actually be included and why they all look a little awkward and computer-generated. Because a lot of it IS computer generated and done on the fly. When combined with the restructuring of weapon data it would allow for weapon moveset variety that the other two games couldn't even dream of matching. Pretty much every single weapon art and gimmick weapon in 3 can be implemented in 2 with just cheat engine due to how robust it is.

And then instead of putting that to use they just copy pasted movesets that all look awkward.

stop rushing headlong into large groups of enemies you tard

because it's bad

How is it bad again?

It has the best gameplay in the series.

I'm not apologizing, I'm asking why.

Fuck off already DS2IDF

Yet another tragic tale of what the game could have been: They use capsule colliders instead of collision meshes and had to do the hitboxes and their timing by hand instead of letting collision meshes do the work for them, sacrificing accuracy for high performance. They only reason hitboxes are bad are because they didn't have the time to make them good.

see

It's two groups of two, dear. Stop triggering both of them.

Welp, it's really one dude who likes DaS2 and shits on DaS3.

And no, DaS3 plays better than DaS2 with better animation, hitboxes and weapon variety.

Stop making fucking excuses.

None of that shit matters in real gameplay, while you make "what could have been" posts to defend DaS2 such as this>>12354459 and>>12354481

It's fucking dumb.

Dark Souls 4 isn't out yet

I'm not making excuses for your stupidity m8 I'm pointing out that you're a tard who needs to git gud and stop rushing into rooms full of enemies. Did you also bitch about the room with the three silver knights in Anor Londo because of how hard it is to fight three of them at once?

Not at all! Nowhere did I say 'these flaws are okay,' and I said in one of those posts that 'this specific flaw exists because they wanted to try something amazing AND THEN DECIDED TO NOT DO THE AMAZING THING AFTER ALREADY CREATING THE FLAW, MAKING THE FLAW THAT MUCH MORE OBNOXIOUS.'
Go ahead and define 'real gameplay' for me. I'm curious.

>three posts in a row
man he sure is buttmad

Yes, Dark Souls II objectively sucks compared to the others.

You are making excuses for enemies spawning out of thin air and ganking you, and terrible fucking hitboxes and animations because duh THEY TRIED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

And as said, DaS3 gameplay is smoother, the animation is BOTH faster and tighter, and the moves with weapon arts offer much, much more variety than DaS2.

go ahead and quote the posts i did that in and explain how they're excuses, and while you're at it, define 'real gameplay'

I don't understand any defense of it over other games in the series.
Shit, even wannabes like Nioh.
Dark Souls 2 is just bad. It's the result of Namco being impatient while Miyazaki was consumed with Bloodborne development.
At least the rumor about miyazaki stepping away just because he wanted to see his guys fail without him isn't true.
He isn't egotistical like Kojima.

And real gameplay is how you fucking interact with the world and how the world reacts to you.

And for that DaS3 is better.

And for all that whining about muh build not viable, strength build is fucking super popular in DaS3 even with all the straight swords due to the moveset + reach.

The only thing DaS2 did better than the rest was the PvP, it was fun. Magic, Hexes, Pyromancy, Miracles, could all be used just as effectively as weapons.

DaS3 still has better PvP imo, at least for melee weapons.

Wow, everything is cleared up

Good! You're not quite too retarded to follow instructions, albeit incorrectly. But, you forgot something. Explain how "the hitboxes are bad because it didn't have enough devtime" is an excuse for the hitboxes being bad, and while you're at it, whether "Bed of Chaos is a bad boss because it didn't have enough dev time" is a defense of Bed of Chaos.

You're going to have to be more precise than that. Is a linear world map part of real gameplay? Is a lack of exploration real gameplay? Is an enemy punishing you for successfully attacking it real gameplay? Is poise part of real gameplay? Is spellcasting part of real gameplay?

Why or why not?

Uh… Great? What does strength being a viable build have to do with anything I said? Heavy is, in fact, one of the three viable upgrade paths that I mentioned.

It has better everything.
Help me understand the defense of 2, people.
I can't into it.

Am I alone in not liking how strong the themes of the levels are? It hammers home that they are levels and not a coherent world when going from place to place is like jumping worlds in donkey kong, I could almost hear jib jig as I stepped into the pirate level.
DS1 layed it on a little too thick as well, but DS2 is a far worse offender. I'd prefer it if they just worked with run down castles and old forests, skip all the silly crystal caves and lava levels.

The damage frames on animations in DSII are all fucked up.

See for real gameplay i.e. combat, the real meat of the game.

You're never alone you stupid fucking special snowflake wannabe. And you know what else, dumbfuck? I kinda agree. DS2 abruptly switching from water level to pirate level or from tower level to lava level was really fucking jarring. I want a Souls game that takes place entirely in a single giant fucking castle. A castle so large its courtyard is an entire forest and its basement is a massive subterranean cave system.

But that's basically 3d symphony of the night, isn't it?

So, you mentioned in that post that 'variety' is part of gameplay. I just want to make clear on this: is variety within weapon playstyles (eg running up and mashing r1 with a straightsword vs careful fully r2 pokes with a UGS) part of 'real gameplay?' I just want a yes or no on this.

I am fucking good at these games and that has nothing to do with how DaS 3 is just bad compared to the others.

That's a part of real gameplay yes.

Show how good you are, friendo.

how would you like me to?

A video of you playing da game, perhaps?

This is why they need to return to the world design of Demon's Souls. There are so, so many advantages to the way they set up the hub and separate archstones, I have no idea why they went open world besides trying to appeal to a broader audience. They could have all the varied, exotic, weird levels they wanted to and never have to worry about jarring transitions between them.

Unless I'm mistaken, most DaS1fags like the fantasy setting more than the grounded and realistic levels. Couldn't say, I preferred Yharnam.

I can try but my PC doesn't handle multitasking like streaming or recording well. Any recommended recording software?

Most DaS1 levels are corridors leading to the boss anyhow.

It's a nonsense complaint, the corridor design fucking works.

I have no experience on that, no.

want to meet in game? shit we could just make a fightclub using Holla Forums as a password or something.

Nah, I don't hangout with DaS3 haters.

It's funny how Dark Souls 1 has a time travelling segment, and a segment where you enter a painting, and both manage to end up a shitty castle with some dark caves and a bit of forest.

… i'm offering to play DaS 3 though? I don't understand

Okay. Good. Thank you for falling into the trap.

So, by that definition, here's the list of problems of real gameplay I already wrote out in this post that you dismissed out of hand as "not real gameplay."

he's a tard

fuck off m8

oh well, fuck em

For all of the praise that Hollowslayer Greatsword gets, I never see anyone using it. Are they not used to that sword or something? it stomps any one-handed faggots that try to trade with me.

it's not flavor of the month enough

It came from Dark Souls 2 and I already got bored of it there.
Pretty sure the BKS or even the basic Claymore beats it.

claymore a shit flamberge a best

You're gonna need to autistically prove that statement for me, user.

While those might beat it in stats, the moveset that HSGS has is much better, with its mindgame swings and that real nice chargeable poke.

it's because that particular moveset has a super wide hyper armor window and the tracking is perfect. You can literally stand still and smash R1 and trade with almost anything. people learned this though and quickly realized they shouldn't try to trade with Greatswords.
Now people are either shamelessly trying to force trades with Ultra class weapons or spamming magic.
There's a growing number of people abusing the Gael Great sword combo. You can throw out a safe R1, hit confirm into L2 and then R1. This is probably the best "I don't know how to PvP and play 3 because of it" strat around right now.

you can overcome some of the shitty moveset strings they do butt bosses like Pontiff who have virtually unlimited range, stamina, and poise can easily swing so many times you won't have a chance to roll through all of them and they will land attack strings. This is most punishing on NG+3 and up. You'll fight Pontiff and sometimes he just does the really punishable thrusting attacks and other times he'll do nothing but the quick flurry of swings several times in a row.

You have one post to argue why White Birch Branch isn't the best starting item
Pro tip:You can't

i have played beyond ng7+ and i can tell you the only bossfights that are actual bullshit are midir and gael and thats only because they have far too much health for the kinds of encounters they are

nothing else in this game except maybe wolnir has any considerable amount of bullshit

shit like this embed which was only on 2 enemies in 2, plagues dark souls 3.

1st example in 3 are the Lothric Knights.
2nd example are the UGS Cathedral Knights.
3rd example Dark Wraiths
4th example Pontiff Knights
5th example Sabre Follower soldiers

There are more but these are the ones that stand out in my mind. Particularly the sabre follower soldiers.

your not even talking about bosses
and what the fuck you out speed all those mobs anyway with anything that isn't an Ultra great weapon

Midir is just tedious. Nothing about Midir is hard other than how fucking long the fight takes. Gael is a bit harder since some of his attack strings can fuck you up if you roll in the wrong direction.
I have no idea how you can have a problem with either of those, and not have a problem with Pontiff.
The Demon in Ringed City has an attack that lands before the animation starts. Lorian's upward flame swing lands before it starts. I don't know how many other instances of bullshit like this happens in 3.

yea you're full of shit

The game should allow some kind of opening for every kind of weapon. Even if it's just ONE attack that allows a UGS to punish, it needs to be there. It's bad design to make an enemy that just flat out shits on someone because they happen to be running a build/weapon (not even a remotely gimmicky one) that get's completely shut down in every possible way.

he has over 200k health beyond NG7

i wasn't talking about the drakekeepers you triple nigger

Here's one example. Due to enemy stamina being outright REMOVED (seriously, they removed enemies having a stamina stat) you get dumb shit like this. Oseiros can do his full-body hitbox insta-charge an unlimited amount of times in a row and unavoidably combo you to death with it, shit like that. It's real dumb and shouldn't even be a thing because all they would have to do is tweak a few values on the attack data to make that not happen.

Another one is crystal sage second form staggering projectiles just right to combo you for over a minute until you die.

See, Pontiff would be on the list if it weren't for the fact he can't aim worth a shit at people walking into his legs and circle strafing.

Black firebombs kill Gundyr faster.

Actually, the hammerkeeper does not have infinite stamina. There's a handful of infinite stamina enemies in 2, and a few bosses, but the hammerkeeper is not one of them! He actually does have a finite stamina meter of several million

200k or 500k it doesn't matter if you never get hit. I go into that fight with a morion blade, RTSR, flynn, and naked. It's seriously the most easily predictable and generously telegraphed boss in the game and possibly the entire series.

Even if you aren't talking about the UGH drakekeepers the enemies like the lothric knights can be attacked first safely but because of their speed and stamina, can chase you down with successive strikes until your stamina depletes. Not to also mention that specifically the Lothric Spear Knights and the Cathedral Mace knights have a shield bash, which is so quickly executed that your late input for a roll DI's after you take the hit. This is instantly followed up in what is essentially a frame trap by said enemy. I don't know if this is intended or not but I cannot tell you how many times I get 100 to 0'd by this bullshit.

so does 10 fully charged heavy 2h attacks, next

10 full-charge heavy attacks is slower than 5 black firebombs
there is no next, white branch is otherwise the objectively correct choice

Wait i don't understand. What would one use the branch for? To get a single camo? To not get hit by the incredibly easily dodged arrows?

that webm looks like the abyss watchers were trapped in the same moveset memory bug that afflicted bloodborne at launch, never seen that before

nothing in this game should 100 to 0 you even on ng7 due to the two hit stagger break system in place, unless of course your playing at base vig for some stupid reason or terrible at evading rollcatches, though harald knights can 1shot you if your in instability frames

I do play at near base vig with very light armor. I don't get hit often so I don't see why I need to invest in Vig. I play a 99 dex Chaos blade character. The only reason i use armor is for fashion.

wrong

Where do you find that in 3? I forgot.

I mained it in 2, not gonna lie.
killed many a belfry invader.

>He actually does have a finite stamina meter of several million
jesus christ, where was this datamined and by whom

You can dodge the shockwaves though you nut.
You're just trying to troll and you're pretty bad at it

ok so you have absolutely no idea what your doing and what your talking about, good to know

Bitch are you fucking doubting me?

so bullshit enemy confirmed

Kill Thralls.

oh yeah
thanks dubs

I must be one of the few who doesn't think Gael is all that difficult. Not saying that he's easy but he feels a lot more manageable, even "fair", than most other bosses in the game.
I've a issue with DaS3 - a lot of the enemies and bosses just push my buttons too quickly, I get ticked off and just want the damn thing to drop dead. Some bosses don't even take that much to beat, 2 or 3 attempts solo at most but I still leave the fight in a foul mood. It's a stupid mentality I always get pulled into but if I think a boss fight has a lot of bullshit, I feel it's not worth the effort to gid gud. Meanwhile, I like the fight with Gael since he doesn't feel like some giant fuck you to the player (his grab is kinda wonky but for DaS standards, it's not so bad) so I put the effort because when I do get killed, it's because I didn't manage my stamina properly or got greedy and not because he decided to spam his bullshit OHKO move.
He's also fun to co-op at since, like the Fume Knight, he can convincingly fight a full party and constantly switches targets so everyone has to be on their toes.

Come on, these criticism are retarded.
This is literally not true, compared the thrall axe to the milwood axe, you say they have the same moveset.
Also wrong.

Evil Santa feels like Artorias with the dial turned to 11 and therefore awesome

See

You were trashtalking DaS3 m8.

you're mildly retarded aren't you?

Someone want to make a new thread?

It is true though. There was serious variety in the weapon scalings, movesets, weight, and length of weapon in 2 that lett you find the sword that answered your particular needs. Meanwhile the majority of the straight swords in DaS 1 have the same exact moveset (Anri, Astora, Longsword, Morion, Irithyll, Barbed, Broken) Longsword, Morion, Irithyll, Barbed and Broken all being Quality weapons. Longsword weighs the same as Astora, anri, sunlight, barbed, broad.

DaS 3 I mean. My bad

Why is the crystal sage literally the worst designed boss ever

me, a few years back

Barring the things with infinite stamina (which is just setting the value for stamina to max size) the several million stamina of a hammerkeeper is higher than anything else in the game by like four million. I don't know if it's a typo or what.

No, I don't. Compare the battle axe to the milwood axe. Compare the flamberge and the bastard sword. Compare the longsword, anri's sword, astora sword, prince sword, etc.
i'm too lazy to run the numbers, but i want to see what they are

i told you he was a tard m8, you have nobody to blame but yourself

yeah

Because the area leading up to it is such a pain in the ass they figured they'd reward us with an easy boss.

Martyr Artorias of Kos

I hate how DaS3 is plagued with this AAA design philosophy of making things flashy, bombastic and "badass" but the fight with Gael is pretty fun and I'd say it's because some of the more annoying elements aren't overdone - you don't have to spend a huge chunk of the fight chasing him like an idiot, he calms his tits enough for every weapon type to get a hit in, he's quick but you never lose sight of where he is so besides the somersault attack with souls wandering about, there's almost no camera bullshit in the fight (and even that move can be safely avoided by circling to the right) and you don't have to run a marathon to get to the boss room.

I'm sorry what?

Some of these weapons are in the same category as each other, but there's still a plenty of variety inside each weapon niche.
There is a variety between buff weapon art and the technical weapon art.

You just mean faster.

for an str build it is. can down him in 1 or 2 pop-ups before he has a chance of multiplying too much

Better question is why Crystal Sage is dogshit but Fool's Idol is good, even though the setups are very similar. Might just be the Fool's Idol track, arena, and the fact that it's not shamelessly ripping off another boss and two other characters

No matter what build I use the damage never gets the faggot fast enough

I hope you know you can bait him into melee attacks and then just parry him.

Because it's just "lol weak magic boss" combined with "lol weak boss with clones" in an awkwardly placed arena.

Nice try satan, but we all know that shit's RNG

No, really, he's right on the bombastic angle. It's totally antithetical to DaS1's melancholic themes. I mean, sure, there are over-the-top things like Drake and Josh, but they're vastly outnumbered by the tracks and fights with a softer tone. Even Bloodborne, where the tracks got a lot more bombastic and the fights got a lot more aggressive, still has a good number of fights with more tranquil or tragic themes, like Ebrietas, or the Orphan. Almost every boss in DaS3 is trying to be as flashy and impressive as possible, even the very first two boss themes you hear are way more grandiose than anything in the previous games.

It's a super easy boss when RNG doesn't decide to arbitrarily fuck you.

in your subconscious's defense, the astora straightsword, sunlight sword, longsword and shortsword are notable for having the single most shared moveset in 1.

FUCK no. Look at the boss animations in dark souls 1 and 2. Almost everything is exactly what you'd expect an untrained scrub to do with the weapon. The taurus demon raises and drops his axe. The iron golem stomps and swings the axe around. Capra does left/right/overhead swings.

Bosses like Ornstein and Atorias are memorable because they do crazy anime bullshit sometimes and don't always move the way a normal person does. Tons of bosses in Dark 3 are anime bullshit. Abyss Watchers, Pontiff, Freide, Gael, etc, and tons of regular enemies like carthus skeletons are too. Neat things lose impact when you're constantly exposed to them. They become gray background noise.

And you can guardbreak enemies by attacking their shield, but that's not because they have a stamina stat, it's because they have a guard meter.

A few reasons I can think of is that the clones of fool's idol deal nonthreatening damage but the real one doesn't, and the demon's souls stagger mechanics mean you can't get stunlocked to death.

Not to mention that the tracks in DaS3 are forgettable as shit. The only thing I remember is that they redid the Gwyn theme for the second phase of the last boss.

And if you notice, these bosses are way easier than bosses who are faster, which is Dark Souls 3.
Bosses in DaS3 aren't "normal persons".

What you mean by "anime bullshit" is just fast and aggressive enemies.

No, you fucking dipshit. What I mean by anime bullshit is jumping thirty feet into the air drawing two twin spirals of black fire with your twin scythes as you pirouette three times before slamming them into the ground to create a giant explosion.

That's something you'd expect from a fucking Kingdom Hearts boss. Shit, I think that was actually one of Xemnas's attacks, minus the scythes.

You can speed up Capra Demon 200% and toss on the aggression mod but.at the end of the day he's still doing left/right/overhead swings the way any untrained combatant would, right down to the overswinging and stumbling from the weight of the weapon. Slow down Friede by half and she still belongs in Naruto.

Right, they're anime characters doing crazy bullshit with is super out of tone with the series.

That isn't a good thing, you know, the thing with bosses that they should be quick and deadly, not slow and untrained.

They are monsters, and you are faster in DaS3, so the bosses should be faster to compensate.

You're still talking about speed. I haven't brought up speed once. Speed has never factored into this. Until you actually address the things I'm posting about instead of beating on that strawman, you can fuck right off.

some shit bait out there tonight

OK, user, what the fuck ever.

Your point is shit.

The DaS3 enemies are faster and more aggressive than DaS1 enemies, that's about it.

That was an example of how speed wasn't relevant to what I was talking about.

If you speed up the capra demon, he would do super fast swing and jump attack, which makes him like a normal DaS3 grunts.

That's a bad thing though, the enemies in DS1 had attacks that you could learn, in DS3 enemies will sometimes follow up faster than you can strike with most weapons after you input a command because the enemies in DS3 read your inputs like crazy. This makes them frustrating to fight rather than difficult.

Speed does matter though, that's fucking retarded
both of you are fucking retards and neither of you sound like you've played the games.

Fool's Idol has a pretty interesting build-up, is in what is arguably the most memorable area of DeS (and one of the most celebrated in the series), has that resurrection gimmick and the fight itself feels like a shoot out in a mine-field. After more direct things, it felt like a different type of challenge.

I think the craziest move you see in DaS1 is Artorias' sword crash flip which is blatantly taken from Berserk.
Ornstein has that charge thrust and side-steps but it's still pretty tame.

My favorite tracks are the start screen theme and Vordt's theme so when nothing that came after pricked my ears, I was pretty disappointed.
The second movement of Vordt's theme had me believing they were going to make more DeS styled music.

They can be fast and aggressive without all that visual spectacle. It just makes a silly clash with the narrative and world building. Take Gwyn, per instances, he doesn't do anything particularly spectacular besides that leap attack and he's ridiculously aggressive. Ditto for Manus who is on crazy pills compared with everyone else.
In DaS2, you fight a freakin' weeb - Sir Alonne - who's quick but he doesn't flail around like a retarded fish out of water.
One of the smartest things they added to enemies is one of the simplest - shield bashing to counter circling cheese. A very simple action that made some completely rethink their approach.

Forgot to say - From should make a CUHRAIZEE game and get that shit off their system.

Honestly, DS1 becomes a cakewalk after you play DS3.

Because DS3 is fast so you have to adapt to that.

Speed does ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT matter to when it comes to acting like you belong in Bleach.

Look at this swordplay. It's faster than anything in Dark Souls 3. It's also the least anime thing you'll see today.

That's way closer to Dark Souls 3 than Dark Souls 1, bruh.

Dark Souls 1 enemies are just slow and retarded.

I understand that you haven't played wither of the games, but you need to cool your retardation

Okay this is some funny bait now

But I have, and that's the truth?

There's a reason the most memorable boss fight in DaS1 is O&S, because they are super duper fast.

And the capra demon are known for the dogs because they are fast and aggressive, the capra itself is shit.

Vordt's theme is way too dramatic and overkill for the second boss of the game, who's honestly a pushover if the hitboxes decide to behave. But, that's a problem with Dark Souls 3 in general. Each area tries to out-wow-factor the last one, then you get past the lower levels of Irithyll, then the game just dumps "look it's dark souls 1 XD" dogshit in your face. They hype Irithyll for a good chunk of the game, then you get there and realize it's just Anor fucking Londo, with a worse, ripoff, archer part and everything.

And yet, that part manages to still be one of the best-designed areas in Dark 3. Really gets the noggin joggin'.

DS3, with how linear it was, really suffered from being split into sections trying to do different things design wise. If they fully developed and focused on The Deep\Irithyll and all that entailed the game would have been much more interesting, after all like I said Aldrich and his Outrider Knights are the most pressing threat at the start of the game, the first real boss, the first big roadblock outside the village\black knight equivalents, and Irithyll itself was also the first major WOW moment once you clear the Catacombs.
It just feels like the game would have been better with Irithyll\Anor Londo being much bigger areas and be the final destination of the game as opposed to the midway point, because everything after them certainly feels rushed as fuck.

God, yes. Imagine if the whole Anri thing wasn't just a thing by itself, but the major thing the game spent a lot of time being about. That would be fucking sweet. Then you could have a whole bit that explores how the deep interacts with the flame and created the profaned flame that destroyed a civilization instead of Yohrm literally just sitting in Anor Londo's basement jerking off and playing videogames.

I'd say it's more about after fighting so many monsters in decrepit locales, you're now fighting two dudes in elaborate and pristine gold suits of armor.

True but those trumpets remind me of DeS's OST too much.

I'm gonna shut up here because my Aldrich rants are getting tiresome by now. :^)

Not even.
Do you just like saying retarded shit?

gimme an aldrich rant i've never heard one before

Aldrich is behind it all but when you go to actually fight him he's just a shitworm-DS1 boss hybrid, in an arena that's just a DS1 reference, and none of that deep nigga shit gets any payoff.

If Miyazaki had any sense, he'd remake the whole freakin' fight.

that's for damn sure

it's gwyndolin but shittier because the homing soul arrow swarm can't be avoided, it has to be i-framed through, and gfl with that when the time the orbs start moving towards you is rng-based

i used to beat gwyndolin without rolling for funsies, aldrich is just a shittier clone

I'm sorry, what?
Nigger what? You realize once the dogs are taken care of, the capra is piss right?

From the boss perspective, they were the impressive bosses considering how easy the bosses were before them. And they get that because they were fast, aggressive with plenty of techniques.

The only thing that's harder is the drake, but the drake can be cheesed with the right method.

I can't let an idiotic comment like this slide. In the sense that individual areas have an overall path through them, yes. But it's a half-truth and serious disservice to one of the best parts of DaS1. For a start, it ignores that areas usually have multiple approaches through them, notably Blighttown allowing you to fall to lower parts and The Depths being a maze of tunnels to find your way through. Levels always have side areas and secrets off the main path to explore for goodies too, notably in Sen's Fortress and The Catacombs.

Far more importantly, the areas connect to each other and these paths gradually open up as you make progress, exactly as a Metroidvania should be, and allowing parts of the game to be tackled in a different order as is your want. They even have an item that opens some of these paths early if you're up for it, and clever people figured out unofficial ways past some of the other obstacles like the Sen's Fortress gate, and the Demon Ruins fog, if you're into that.

Finally, the world building is something special and something the later games should never have dropped. You've got the pristine Anor Londo at the top, with a few dusty old castles and forests scattered below that, and below that there's a whole network of underground areas like The Catacombs and Demon Ruins. All of these weird themed places and somehow they all fit together into one.

This does not change the fact they ARE corridors leading to the boss, the combat happens mostly in these corridors as well.

You can puff up all the muh level design and world connectivity and shit, and they would still be a bunch of corridors.

LMAO THIS NIGGA

THIS NIGGA RIGHT HERE

THIS is a fuckin' corridor? You serious nigga? You ain't shittin me, you actually callin' it that?

HOW BOUT THIS, ONE, THIS A FUCKIN' CORRIDOR TO RIDLEY NIGGA?

fuckin' lollin' at your LIFE nigga

Weird, I'm seeing big ass corridors leading to an open area where you fight the boss.

lmao nigga and this is just a fuckin' corridor leading to a big open area where you fight gannon right

That actually has more open areas than the depth map you just posted.

Face it bitch boi, the majority of Dark Souls are fucking corridors.

The map clearly shows it.

THIS FUCKIN' NIGGA RIGHT HERE

I love when there's no argument to be had.

Here, lemme point it out for you.

fuckin' talkin' shit about dark souls 1 without even playin it. this nigga oh my god

Uh, but I played Dark Souls 1?

at you life nigga

AT YO LIFE

'i fuckin' played dark souls 1 so i know the depths is a corridor'

nigga if you gonna lie do it well

I don't know what's hard to get.

The depths is a fucking corridor leading to an open that you fight the boss.

Heck, fucking Blighttown is the most open area of the game, and still has big big ass corridors leading to it.

nigga what's hard to get is why a dumbass nigga like you can even figure out how to use a keyboard

like god DAMN nigga

Loving all that argument, bruv.

bitch you can't even tell the difference between an argument and a claim, you a dumbass nigga too stupid to waste effort on

Well, I supported my claim with your very own picture.

Nothing else to do but wait.

THIS

FUCKIN'

NIGGA

seriously nigga, play ds1 some day, it's pretty good

Thanks but I already played it?

Your definition is worthless.

Doom 1 has more open areas than Dark Souls 1.

Seriously, Dark Souls 1 is a pile of corridor, with shortcuts leading to other corridors.

So? There's also lots of indoor levels that are corridors, but there's no way you'd compare a big maze of them (Doom 1) to what amounts to a straight path with a few branches here and there (Doom 3). DaS1's individual areas aren't particularly great compared to what's in Thief for example, but in its own series it's overall the best.

Also thanks for acknowledging the interconnections because that's the major thing DaS1's levels got right, even compared to other games. The individual areas might as well be one big level.

It's just a bunch of corridors, m8.
It makes no difference because as said, it's just a bunch of corridors.

The fact this corridor leads to another corridor does not increase the combat level in any fucking way.

You're one of those 85 IQ Brazilian subhumans, aren't you?

It makes no difference to me.

The meat of the game is combat. You might as well explain the tower in DMC3 isn't as well designed as the island in DMC1.

What I want is just big open space and corridor with interesting enemies.

Yep. It's a shitskin.

It isn't smarter for you to take shortcut, bruv.

If this was Demon's Souls, we would have teleported.

Anyone uploaded the art book yet?

So what exactly is the appeal of powerstancing, especially in PVE? It seems like something a lot of people do, but as far as I can tell power stance combined attacks are basically balanced to be equivalent in time/stamina/damage to 2 1-handed pokes, which makes the single attacks just better because you can get the first one off faster. I'm playing DaS2 btw, I suspect 3 works the same but I haven't gotten to it yet.

the eyes of the fire keeper hint at the light life and death souls being released upon the world again unbound to the fire after it ends.

cause we basically put everything in it at this point it ended means the release of the souls its consumed through us.

The world in DaS is a person's psyche, the world ends, but the little specs of light in the darkness are other worlds. They too will eventually burn out and fade away.

is anyone else having fun today?

It really wasnt that bad.
Sulyvahn's the real bad guy.
He did all of this.
He made aldrich into what he is.

Whelp, first time clearing a souls game without blocking, so that's something. In a way I think ditching the shield actually made the game easier.

Rate mai waifu.

It's a dude man, not even a trap, just a regular dude.

Unless maybe by waifu you were referring to the weapon? I could accept that.

It makes the games a lot more fun, certainly, but not really easier. The only times I really used shields in any DaS game were Ornsteinbergowitz and Smoughlet, and Gwyn, because of that stupid fucking right handed chop with no startup.

Shields were a crutch. Not trying to meme, I just ended up relying on the shield and blocking more often than I should, which in many cases left me more vulnerable and/or less able to attack back. The ideal/easiest way to play would involve blocking some attacks/enemies and rolling for others, but I think the "roll for everything" mindset is overall more effective than the "block for everything" one.

Aldrich was already a cannibal before Sulyvahn joined Team Deep. The problem with Aldrich is that he's given the most build-up in the entire game only for them to shove a DaS1 reference in the player's face.
Sulyvahn, on the other hand, was done right. The Outrider Knights, the Eye rings, the guardian beasts, his swords (one indicating that he infiltrated the Darkmoon Knights and the other that he witnessed the Profaned Flame) etc - this guy gets tons of lore before and after the fight and the fight itself is mostly satisfactory.

In 3 using shield makes the game more tolerable due to irrational and fast enemy movement. With later NG level bosses you really have to memorize all the bullshit patterns to survive the fight without a shield. Like Midir, where without shield the fight is basically:
1 chip at his(her?) health -> run away to correct position to not getting half of your burned off -> repeat for fifteen minutes.

haven't played 3 yet but that sounds pretty bullshit. Then again I don't often mess with later NG levels anyway, large hit sponges and 1 hit kills aren't really very fun to me.

If you think that's bullshit, you should see DaS2's NG+ mode. It just adds more fucking enemies to the boss fights, it spams Pursuer bossfights at you every twenty minutes. The one that I really remember for giving me cancer is the Lost Sinner fight, where two random pyromancers just spam shit at you while you're fighting the boss.

It could be a Husbando.

The reasonwhy Ornstein and Smough are so vividly remembered isn't because Ornstein is fast. It's because it's the first "hard" boss in the game up until that point. It's a roadblock for many players who, up until that point, had only encountered bosses of a single enemy. O&S forces the character to adapt, and start biding their time, waiting for openings. It's a """""stressful""""" fight to many, and because of the accompanying massive jump in game progress, it's so fondly recalled.

Capra is only remembered because of the difficulty, not the fucking dogs. If the player character didn't choose the master key, then Capra was a requirement, and for such a low level that you encounter him, he hits hard. Accompany that with 9/10 times the player having no poise, THAT is the reason why players remember him.

Frankly O&S are one of the ONLY legitimately difficult boss fights in the game. Even solo in their second phase they are way more challenging than almost everything else. Majority of bosses you can just sit on their asshole and poke or play to their gimmick, O&S require you actually have a handle on the games basic mechanics.

Gwyn is the ONLY other boss in the base game that compares, and he can be cheesed by parrying. The DLC bosses are all up there though.

For all people complain about DS2 bosses being a bunch of armored dudes, that's what works. All of those armored dude fights in DS2 take a certain amount of mechanical skill, varying from boss to boss of course, which most of DS1 lacks.

For what purpose? Was this game even made by humans?

It's an entirely pointless side boss. It even gives a smelter demon soul, same as the normal one. The only unique thing you get from finishing that fight is Pharros Mask.

But hey, Dark Souls 1 had 3 asylum demons

Like said, it's pointless. All the DLC in DaS 2 have one throwaway boss that they just threw in there for shits and giggles.

I still like to make the trek down there though, purely for the soul. It's nice to have a Smelter Sword that deals in magic damage, just to switch things up every once in a while.

Oh I didn't notice that killing him unlocks the magic-varient smelter sword. Same soul, just killing him is the trigger for unlocking it.

Plus the King's Crown masks your big-headed waifu perfectly.

It lets you put different movesets onto weapons. Powerstance estoc/longsword lets you do quick straightsword sweeps with the estoc's range. Washing pole/spear lets you do long pokes with the washing pole's range and huge counter damage which can be leo ringed, etc.

They're not random at all, buddy.
Lost Sinner is a fast-moving agile foe that uses a UGS. They have a mask that raises equip load. The best fckin mask in the game Their soul can be used to make stuff important for the fire infusion.

The two black phantom pyromancers only show up on ng+. Black pyromancer. Black pyromancer. That means NG+ bicthes

Well, what is it?

Reposting with different images, didn't like the background camouflage

Anyway, regular kings crown or ivory? Hate the particle effect, but like the look of the Ivory better.

Kings crown looks cleaner, but that's just me.

Ultimately it's up to you. Ivory crown looks all right, so long as you maintain distance.

God fucking damnit.

make a new general

The reaction I get from Invaders and co op alike is priceless