Comfy Grindan

Does such thing exist? I tried a bunch of mmos and they all put some pressure/restrictions/bullshit on me.
Is there a game where I can leisury grind without constant gating/blocking?

>pay to win basic functionality like auto pick ups

>3k hours on main character

I know you guy are always grinding something, share with me.

EDF 4.1
You pretty much need to grind armor for the higher difficulties and you also unlock weapons that way.

That image made me so erect. I think I've discovered a new fetish anons.

I played it for a while. Needing to pick up every single crate was super annoying. And using cheat to auto pick up them sounds like well cheating.
It also felt slow and clunky and limited and boring for what it is.
I don't want to shit on game you like user, but I didn't like it. I see its good points and I will definitely try EDF 5 to see if it fixed my concerns.

Just looking for random images sometimes yields peculiar results.

me too friend, Either it's the sparks or the mask.

I definitely would like if there was a method to make armor crates worth 5 times more. It is a damn chore for ranger and air raider, much less so for wing diver and fencer should you understand the dash extending mechanic.
Out of curiosity, which mission were you at when you dropped it ? The action escalates a lot throughout the game.

See you're just looking at MMOs. Of course MMOs are terrible at grinding because you're competing with a lot of people.

Personally I find grinding in Dragon Quest or Disgaea to be fun. You can exploit the grinding if you know what you're doing.

I don't really remember. Probably the first where not-godzilla appears.
I tried all classes and found that air raider is the most fun class, while fencer is the coolest looking as well as it can go more or less faster than the others, but I didn't like his weapons.
I tried a few hard missions and even got red mech that can one shot buildings, but still game wasn't something that blew my mind.

I'd rather have something with real time combat and ability to co-op with other people.
I played disgaea and it bored the hell out of me, even though I loved art style, setting and music.
I haven't played any dragon quests though but my understanding is that it's turn based jrpg, not unlike Final Fantasy right? I don't want one either.
I know that mmos are inherently shit, I just want the least shitty one if that makes sense.

I grinded the shit out of games like Dark Souls or Nier, I really want something with dedicated co-op, rather than Soulsy drop-in-drop-out system

Wurm Online or even better, Wurm Unlimited with the Holla Forums Bros. Comfy as fuck.

Tell me about it? I always got the image of minecraft~y thing where you just build shit and grief others.
Is there any cool combat or character customization?

not realy, combat is VERY handsoff in that you select where on your target to aim and that's about it
very limited customization in terms of how your character look

I'm afraid I'm a bit too spoiled by modern games for this.

Haven & Hearth

Monster hunter?

I emulated a couple on PPSSPP and while it worked fine let's just say I didn't like it.

Bruv you forgot you also have to pay for the value pack letting you get all your sales dosh from the marketplace now. They literally added a 30% tax just so you can pay real money to make it fuck off.

There were a lot of bullshit in it. It's really a wasted of assets and animations.

There are two Russian clients, one is f2p garbage and the other is subscription with no cash shop and all the cash shop stuff in an npc vendor

Age of Wushu, but i don't recommend it any more than i would any MMO. Less, really, since it's low fantasy and there aren't any slutty elves or catgirls.

You know the drill

I aint playing BDO either way.

I tried the steam version once and my kaspersky went nuclear on it, so I said screw it. I think it was removed from steam since then.

The only thing I can think of that's
Would be a few ragnarok online private servers. If you can handle the old clunky gameplay, I guess that's the best you're gonna get with those features you want.

and so do i

Yeah, it got removed years ago because the Rootless clan is a bunch of eunuchs who can cut someone else's tackle off, and between jumping the age rating and removing it they opted for the latter.

Actually I never tried it thinking it's the same as TOS but older.
Is there a server where majority of Holla Forums plays? Assuming anyone here even plays.

No idea what you're talking about. I wouldn't mind wuxia mmo tbh, but I won't deal with anal cockblocks.

How loose are we defining grind here? Because there's an air hockey game called Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe the Deluxe being a shitty VR mode that got added you should ignore. That was comfy as fuck while listening to music and podcasts.

Well I want an action~y game where I whack mobs without any obvious restrictions like "you can't go outside starting area for 20 hours" or "you need to wait for 12 hours for your shit to construct" or "pay money for being able to auto loot shit".
At this point I'm researching Ragnarok Online, but combat looks even duller than in TOS with high end content looking like one huge endless hitspark with both players and mobs hidden behind it.

Toukiden 2 is like Monster Hunter only faster and with somewhat of an open world (gated by story). Multi is missions only though.

Honestly, I might suggest DFO or Vindictus. DFO's cash shop is only cosmetics and the devs constantly pass out free shit for whatever event they want to pull out their asses. It's also fun game albeit the fatigue system limiting character dungeon entries. Vindictus is >Nexon managed, but at least gives you a pretty good combat system to play in with friends. But once you get to the level 80+ stuff it shits on the practice of i-framing and you'll probably fuck off at that point.

Are you just flat out neet or what?

If only MMOs actually focused on having fun gameplay and, you know, fucking roleplaying.

This is just too much. Holy shit. Are people seriously eating it up?

I'm so glad I didn't have the money to buy it when I was interested. Would have been my first real buyer's remorse.

Came here to post this as well. Saw someone had already posted. RO is an old MMO with a fucking gargantuan hidden backstory that is filled with grinding. Probably one of the most grindy. Except its not bound by any artificial limits, just your patience and willpower.

Its one of the few games which allows you to be a super autist while grinding and get rewarded for doing so.

WoW's grind during wotlk was fun, although that might just be because i had friends
otherwise butterlord, you can't really win properly without grinding for 30 levels

Rebel Galaxy, music makes it beyond comfy you don't mind the grind to get new ships.

There is no such thing as comfy mmo grinding. Diablo 2 is pretty comfy though.

Kill them user, kill them all.

We're reaching levels of judaism that shouldn't even be possible.

ben a while since i was low level but I dont remember not being allowed to explore shit. the only time i can think of is at the very start they want you to talk to some fag and then your local innkeeper.

D3

I think I played Vindictus for a while a long time a go and then couldn't login for whatever reason. Maybe I should give it another shot.

It looks kinda bland. Also elaborate aggressive movesets conjoined with passive mobs and bosses give me musou vibes. How is the port quality?

PSO2 was that until I got sick and tired of it.
Diablo 2 is 2spooky4me.

Wait what tax are you talking about? An amount of in-game money subtracted while you sell your shit? I thought all mmos have that. For some reason.

Ha ha.

Maybe he means how dungeons are unlocked as you progress through the storyline rather than being immediately accessible. It only takes like 2 or 3 days to unlock airship/teleport travel between all the pre-expansion major cities. Maybe OP is crying about how you have to clear all the story quests before you can access the expansion areas. I dunno. It's an extremely linear story-driven game. Maybe the OP wants something more like a sandbox.

You can't get much more comfy than FFXIV in end game grinding. Getting to that point takes months, though.

Daum put a 30% tax on auction house just to include the tax removal in a cash shop sub item. This sub item also gives you access to shit other regions have for free, like distant node investment.

Etrian Odyssey is max comfy.

Well yeah I expected it to be like Tera where I can fuck off wherever I want, but instead I got corridor with locked doors.

Lack of any sort of animation during combat puts me off these games. Also turn based.

Toukiden 2 you could say is Monster Hunter with a dash of Musou. You're mostly going after the larger monsters (oni) so it's really a game based on bringing down large, hard hitting oni to make more gear to kill more oni rather then armies of little guys. To be honest I really, really wish you could climb on the fuckers like Dragon Dogma, but all you get is some weapons letting you kinda bounce off them.

The idea behind the game's story is interesting but yeah it does just boil down to generic anime story. It's a solid, well done generic anime story though, so it has that going for it.

Port quality is mixed, it's 60fps but resolution caps out at 1080p (if you have a 16:10 monitor like me it says fuck you play it in a window or live with it stretched). There's also no mouse support, at all, anywhere, which is weird. You should be using a controller for it anyway.

I really hate grinding in RPGs or MORPGs.
Only exception are when there are action elements in the game, as in the Tales series.
Crystalis (not truly an RPG, really) also had some satisfying gringing.

Oh, and Cobra Mission. Classical point and click. Grinding was actually relaxing.

the one on the right is about to cut her own power cord. industrial safety trigger.

Pic related

This is so outdated mentality it hurts. PSO2 was the first game showed me how amazing stylsh action can be with proper mouse support, and recent Nier Automata only reinforced this impression. I just can't go back to clunkiness of analog stick. Games like Dark Souls are also much better with proper mouse support.

I played through Phantasy Star 3 several times as a kid to see all the endings. I hope that satisfies your elitism.

Waay too spooky.

I'd argue it's a modern mentality since native controller support for PC is only a decade old. Used to be a fucking nightmare getting controllers to work.

Is Monster Hunter style loot system inherently better than Diablo-style? Some randomization of material drops but you're still working toward a definitive goal and getting a sense of accomplishment rather than here have sword hope it doesnt suck oops

What the fuck is the dead with you? It's like saying that you hate shooters yet your favorite game is Battle Garegga.

I never played a DOS game in win10, do I only need DOSbox?

I think he means it doesn't make for a comfy grind, which is kinda true. The idea is to go into a zen state but turn based usually means you're thinking too much for that.

Because I don't have patience any more? Or free time? I think the last turn based game I finished was Breath Of Fire 4, and it has pretty fast paced combat all things considered.

Well in most turn-based games that don't use grid or other form of positioning you only need to think in the very beginning when you're learning the tropes, and during boss battles. Most enemies can be done by spamming attack command.
Maybe that's not true for something like that odyssey game, but I don't really care at this point.

Well really all you do is watch static enemy sprite and some digits pop up here and there.
In something like BOF4 there at least mcfucking cool animations going on. I mean if I played PS2 or PS4 before 3 chances are I wouldn't be able to enjoy it, since those game at least showed you your characters in combat.
I was my first jrpg so I assumed they're all like that and then PS4 just blew my fucking mind.

Hell yeah RO.
ToS just looks like it, but is just a themepark linear MMO.
In original RO servers, you spawn at a rookie location, then do some stuff, and when you choose your class, you're warped to a town respective to that class, EACH CLASS START AT A DIFFERENT TOWN. Needless to say, the game has zero linearity, you can grind in a variety of places witth any level. Renewal update fucked it a little bit by having penalties on weaker or stronger monsters but it still has a fuckton of places to go on each level. Not to mention getting items and gear that has you grinding stuff even after max level.
The golden age was when there were only second jobs, no trans, but it's still fun with OP 3rd jobs.
free resets and auto pickup is a private srever thing tough, not present in official servers.

Sadly right now there's no server Holla Forums is playing on, we used to play on a cool one that was pre-renewal but had some shitty content renewal added and very invasive hourly events that hindered gameplay greatly.

Elona is pretty cool too.

The whole fun of the EO games is using your imagination And the amazing music. If you have no imagination then the game won't be fun.

Yeah I spend all my imagination on my job.
So I want my games to be pretty and flashy and fluidly animated and all that.

I have a friend that doesn't give a shit about imagining the fight and stuff like that, he's just autist for numbers and turn based combat RPGs.
I personally think it's kinda boring even tough I imagine stuff like you say, but mostly because I'm not a fan of turn based combat.

It hurts. I had picked it up without hearing about the jewery that had gone down. Really wish the game would pull its head out of its ass already so I can go back to playing my loli already.

I just want a game where I can wander around forests and swamps, collect ingredients, and be a witch/alchemist that mixes potions/poisons.

there was a server Holla Forums was playing on months back, drama about the custom content and general burnout scattered everybody to the winds though. it's nigh-impossible to find a normalish server with other players that people can agree on.

Try witcher. There gotta be mods replacing you with a girl as well.

Its like you don't want to write an autisticly detailed story about the adventures of a Troubadour and her adventures leading her friends through the dark forbidding forest that has taken the lives of many adventurers.

The game also didnt fucking hold your hand when it came to job advancement.

Morrowind is the only answer. You can be anything you want anytime, absolutely zero restriction, and it involves a lot of creative ideas. In Gothic 2 you can grind gold by selling all your item to an NPC, knocking them unconscious, looting all your stuff back, waiting for them to wake up, then do the same thing all over again. It's pretty mindless unlike Morrowind.

Those are single player games user. And the have bad combat

behead those who insult gothic

I know OP already said he doesn't like Warframe, but it's the only MMO that got me hooked for over one year, and there's no end in sight. I love the gameplay, and jumping in the game just to bullet jump around killing everything is pretty dope.

The combat won't feel that bad when you can one hit kill vivec. Also, having 100 weapon skill means that your attacks will hit successfully all the time.

What the fuck is the point of grinding in MP.

The animations and sound effects of Gothic's combat are awesome, however, the controls and aiming system are absolutely objectively terrible. Fighting more than 1 or 2 enemies is painful since you can only hit the enemy that your autoaim cursor is pointing at, and the cursor sometimes travels toward your companion during intense combat. Christ, that autoaim is severely broken. Mouse is absolutely useless in this game. The game lacks diagonal movement, making everything feel clunky. Blocking is utter shit for the following reasons, the attack animations are too fast, it can't be used to parry attacks, and again, it relies on the broken autoaim mechanics. And lastly, there's no shield, unbelievable. Very poorly designed.

Well my options were RO and Vindictus, and since RO seem to be in a state of turmoil currently I think I'll give another shot to Vindictus. I hope I will be able to play it this time.
I wonder if it's a bad sign.

Hehe I knew I gotta trigger somebody.
Truth be told I played morrowind and gothic 2 a very long time a go so I don't remember much. I remember don't liking them for both being ugly and having bad combat, maybe I just didn't figure them out.

Nope, not dealing with their jewery. I also don't have fetish for cyber ninjas and/or weird space monsters like most players do, so it's not a huge loss for me. It has some dank memes, I give it that.

Warframe is shit and we all know it. Also it's a bad sign when the devs actively hate the playerbase.

What did they mean by this?

You guys looking for a comfy grind?

Well I should have mentioned I don't have nintendo anything. Or any sort of modern console or handheld for that matter.

Class of Heroes is a dungeon crawler and you can spend hours just walking through the fields and beating on monsters for xp. It's on the psp and vita too so you can either emulate it or take it worth you if you have a psp or vita already.

OSRS is the comfiest, this you cannot deny.

Cannoning Slayer.
Nightmare Zone.
Cooking/Fletching/Crafting/Fishing/Woodcutting
All these things are very low click intensity and are comfy as fuck.

Maybe, it can be comfy if you are just using low tier maps to level up.
But this game can be stressful as fuck too.
The reason why I can't get back into it is the stress of it, get all the right gems, hope you have the currency for the gems, get the gems leveled up, get the right gear, hope you have the currency for the gear, get your resists, etc. etc.

Just emulate it lol

sounds like you should try minecraft

I don't find it all that fun, but you could easily grind on a private vanilla WoW server. Just roll a mage, spec frost, and kill 30 mobs at a time.

My comfiest grind was always Diablo 2 Act 3.

But I also liked midgame Path of Exile, and Titan Quest or Grim Dawn. Those games make it easy to fall into a steady rthym.

Maybe stop playing mmorpg korean wow based trash? Do you not get fullfillment from grinding out old Rpgs on PC or Snes/Playstation? I never got the faggot ass need to play "Online Multiplayer" rpgs.

Cannonfags were the worst

I remember that game.

It also doesn't help that 90% of the population buggered off when the admin decided to shut down H&H1 when he launched H&H2, and proceeded to shit talk the community for preferring the old version over his new Pay2Play game.
A game he promptly made freemium when he (much too late) woke up to the realization that no one is willing to pay monthly for an autism simulator where they loose everything upon death.

So much wasted potential.

Some comfy gridan mmo would be Trickster online if you like pretty 2d worlds and comfy music. Flyff is old and shit but the music is all kinds of comfy. Tales weaver is pretty cute and comfy for an old RO clone but grindy in general. Heard good things about Soul Worker online but haven't played it yet. An old one but dead mmo was valkyrie sky online which was a bullet hell mmo, one of a kind which was fun.

Also, I hope you know they expanded the Black Demon section of Taverly dungeon, there are a LOT more down there now, plenty of spots to kill.

This was years ago and I think the taverly dungeon spot was the one if I remember correctly. It was just one of those unspoken rules you know, if I see a spot is filled with people I go try a different world and you dont do shit like pick up other peoples arrows.

I was a cannon fag, but I had the decency to do it on empty worlds.

Not the drop rates so low that nobody ever goes into a quest expecting to actually get a drop, not the collect file system that's set up so that you can't get all the weapons you need within the time it's up, not the fact that you need SIX of the same zero percent drop rate weapon to unlock the level cap and that this must be done on a per class basis, not the nickle and dime cash shop you have to invest in if you want to play more than a single damage type well. No, the thing you're complaining about is one of the few things in the game the player has complete control over. Jesus H. Fucking Christ, no wonder gaming is going to shit.

That's pretty much my rule, however the meta for Slayer now is using a cannon, and considering the increased players and decreased worlds, after I have hopped 5+ times and I couldn't find an open world im taking yours if you ain't got a cannon.

That game still has pretty comfy grinding, especially since you can grind by sitting in town playing the crazy bus theme on lute.

Yeah, mabinogi was great. I'd still play it but my account died when nexon went full retard. A shame; I had a good spellsword thing going on and had managed to upgrade the sword my old guild leader had given me pretty nicely.

How is the "Not Kiln" Inferno, friend? I do not get to experience these things.

I'm gonna have to recommend ED for some comfy grinding. The game is entirely a grind but you can do so leisurely and is an actual sandbox, the only gates you'll encounter is money and some faction locked ships/systems which you have to grind to have access too and expansion locked content.

But the game is an entire grind(a comfy grind depending on your taste since you can take your time and do whatever you want whenever you want) and you need the expansion to drive around empty planets and have access to other locked content. Going from one end to the galaxy may take weeks/months depending how much time you're willing to put and you'll stare a loading screens majority of the time.

The game is pretty comfy if you like space and grind. plenty of different ships to chose from and you start out in a small ship that can only hold about 4 tons of cargo to large ship carrying up to 700 tons.

Planet exploration yet?

Macroing in UO is the best

Why don't you just do your taxes at this point you boring fuck

MMOs always put restrictions on you because if they didn't then some autist would hit the level cap within a week. They purposefully, and artificially, lengthen the reward scheduling so that you'll never be able to grind to completion with nothing but your own grit and determination. You want to progress? You pay. If you don't want to pay, then you can only progress intermittently. You can thank free to play games for this bullshit.
I already know some faggot out there is going to take this phrase and sensationalize it, so let me clarify. What I mean by "artificial lengthening of reward scheduling" is that the devs will deliberately instill some mechanism that will outright prevent you from making progress. For example, let's say the level cap is 100, and there are 10 areas in the game that have progressively stronger enemies. Well, let's say they want you to go to these areas in a linear fashion, until you gradually work your way up to a level at which you can fight and defeat enemies in each new area. Usually, you'll stay in area A until you hit the level cap for that area, at which point you'll be forced to move on if you want to continue gaining exp, because the enemies in area A will net you 0 experience points after you reach level X. This is your typical anti-grind, which is fine to some extent. However, what's worse is when they will use this system and then combine it with other systems that prevent you from gaining experience. Maybe they'll make it so that each weapon (or ability or whatever) in your arsenal will net you a flat amount of character exp, and each weapon itself has levels that must be raised (say, through upgrading) before they can even be equipped. Maybe they'll make it so that you can only attack a specific enemy within an area and gain exp. Maybe they'll make it so that you can only acquire exp during a specific time frame (say, you can only get exp. during your first hour of play or something). This is bullshit, because it adds more stipulations to grinding so that the very act of grinding is itself a privilege.

This shit is becoming more common, no?

In atmospheric planets? nope, and at the way the updates are coming probably in about a year or two. The community would rather have fdev fix the content that is already released than to keep introducing halfassed features and I don't blame them.

All you can do now is just drive around rocky planets with no atmosphere and try to land on planets with 4g or higher gravity and not plummet into the surface.

Try Ragnarok Online. You can hit level cap in like 2-3 days of pure intense grinding and cheesing.

Complete opposite of RO

But yeah it is becoming more common, its why I don't play new MMOs. You should really try out RO, there is a reason even after a decade and a half it still has players. It is literally the game that allows you to grind your life away and have fun.

??

The trick is not to look to MMOs for a good grind. There are plenty of games that will reward your desire to grind without gating off the content for more real life cash.

It used to be comfy, then they dropped fucking space babies and that utterly killed the mystery of the tenno, which is a problem if the primary source of comfyness in your game is playing a mysterious faceless space ninja.

That's autistic as fuck.

play old school runescape nigga.

Seriously? It's the comfiest grinding. Pretty much the perfect linear progression.
However! Here's a warning: don't put it down for more than a day. You'll probably fail to get into the groove again.

It'd be so much better if you didn't lose your stats/skills on death. The devs are really limiting the game's potential based on the whims of their small autistic userbase.

A little update

It seems that there isn't good server that a lot of good people plays on, so I decided to not even try it to save me from frustration.

16 GB download later it shows me pic related.
I assume I could use vpn or some shit, but I couldn't be assed. Not only Holla Forums doesn't seem to actively play it, but there is evidence of it being huge pay to be even remotely relevant at the end game, let alone win. Not a big loss I guess.

I played mabinogi a bit, it's just too old to be thoroughly enjoyable. I like how you your second slot weapons are still shown on model. Something I expected from Dark Souls 3 and it didn't deliver.

I'll check games from this post later. Screenshots look nice, I just hope that control schemes didn't age too poorly.

That looks like it's older than me, I'm far too casual for this, I'm sorry.

Also stop recommending single-player and turn based games! Thank you!

And so Op the Fag Amazing Person's quest for comfy grindan with like minded anons continues.

Holy fucking shit are you 10 years old? This better be bait

Maybe try playing literally anything that isn't F2Pshit and/or an MMO? All of the games you just listed are deliberately designed to make grinding as painful as possible to encourage you to use the cash shop.

Gee, I wonder why you can't find the kind of game you want?

This is gonna be my third ID isn't it? I'm away from home so bear with me.

Well PSO2 isn't like that. I guess I'm searching something similar to it while being different mechanically and aesthetically.

Well I don't want to sound like graphics whore as I firmly believe that art style > graphics, but runescape looks like ass. And it seems to play like ass. I'm sorry. Games like Diablo 1 or Ragnarok Online still look good despite their age for example.

I guess you meant to reply to me? I guess I should have mentioned that I want it to have nice looking graphics and engaging combat as well. It's not really comfy when you need to wrestle with control scheme or look at something ugly.

I grind The Binding of Isaac.
400 hrs

user I had platinum god before somethingbirth expansion with probably around 150 hrs as well.

I wish I could make fun of you, but I couldn't beat Banjo-Kazooie as a kid because of the green fucker in Rusty Bucket Bay that popped out and made me cry like the little bitch I was every time. I'm no one to talk, considering that every time I try to play it now, I just 100% it the best I can up to RBB then never touch that file again.

Maybe if you play it the cheap way and rely on shit like Relaxing and Immunize. Not the Element Guards though, there's a line between challenging yourself and going full "yolo :DDDDD" and I personally am not ready to cross it.

EO4 and onward has more animation. For the enemies, anyway. 3DS only though.

Rune Factory 4 blows Fantasy Life out of the water, just saying.

Asheron's Call was pretty comfy for grinding, back in the day. It was about 90% of the gameplay, though.

Can I have it back please

It's heartbreaking listening to these older people who've been playing since the beta talk about it. I was a little kid when I played it, and I married a girl I met in it. It's been so long that we have a kid who's only a few years younger than we were when the game came out. I still have a guide my dad bought somewhere. I would read it a lot just because it had a lot of cool info in it.

You fucks don't deserve to grind.

I'm one of those old men. I was 16 then, but man.

At least the end of beta had a huge event. End of life had nothing. I was and still am upset.

OP isn't into it anyway. Context for this cap? What happens afterwards? I'm guessing she's normally unbeatable, but this nerfs the hell out of her. Judging by what I know about the series anyway.

My dad is, too. We played WoW for a long time just because our old monarchy had a guild there. Most of them gradually left until it was just me, my brother, and an older woman we were close friends with left. I quit, and my brother doesn't play in that guild anymore. I really miss AC. Wasn't all that long ago I helped my dad set up a computer in his living room so he could play it again on his television. I never got to a high level because I always did pointless crap. I actually farmed an Ulgrim's Scroll successfully.

My nigga. Best hand drawn sprites hands down.

No that's a picture of grinding. Thieves can steal stats from the enemy and gain infinite stats if you grind it out. What represents the stats have funny names like "A Child's Love", "Balls" and "Sex Appeal" . Though there are bosses like you describe.

Oh and yes you can steal the horse weiner and grind stats on it so it becomes completely overpowered. Just like all other items. You can give a horse weiner to any character you want.

Ho fuck that's some fun game.

Seconding RO. I played it with Holla Forums for the first time last year and had a blast for a few weeks. Holds up extremely well for its age, one of the most nonlinear and interesting MMOs I've played. Tons of different areas to explore, different paths you can take in where you grind from character to character, interesting quests and lore, and a catchy as fuck soundtrack to boot. And I didn't even get into the endgame of hunting MVPs.
I got kinda burnt out by the end because I was dumping too much time into it and we were powerleveling at a breakneck pace, but it is definitely a game that I know would be rewarding to take slow. If an 8/v/ guild that plays at a more comfy pace on a pre-renewal ever gets off the ground I'd love to play again.
A fresh server was launched at the beginning of this year IIRC but I don't think that ever took off because I haven't seen any threads in a while.

Felt like I got cockblocked by a game.

There was something weirdly zen about being surrounded by tuskers in a dungeon, tanking them with health drain spells, while putting fire vulns on each one, then finally watching them all fall down dead around you after a couple of fire ring spells.

The glory days of the shadow war arc and Martine arc are long gone, user. Honestly, the game was already kind of a zombiefied corpse the last few years anyway, the lore basically gave up and they introduced an even higher tier of augments (the empyreans came back and showed everyone magic trans-humanism or some shit),.to extend the already ridiculously long character building progression and a new clueless dev team that tried to push these crazy high damage, bloated hp bag monsters/zones to nudge people into forced group play despite AC never really having the sort of game mechanics to support that concept.

What am I getting myself into?

this gets better and better

So ok it looks kinda cool if a bit too bright, but there is pretty lengthy delay between my every input and action taking place on sceen.
Is this because it's one of those old games with outdated netcode that lacks any sort of compensation/prediction?
I like the game but this is frustrating.

I bet this is just "high ping". Having everything teleport around like crazy would be way worse than this.

Seconding OSRS as the comfiest.
If the crafting overhauls in RS3 make it to OSRS to make more skills not useless outside of questing and combat, I'd pick it up again immediately and most likely never put it down.

Have you tried a serb closer to you

There is only one server

WoW: Legion

I wish they would too. I really like the game, plus they're adding a striker character now.

I assure you, there is no amount of pay that will let you beat Fergus and walk around with max enchant shit. Hell they only sell protection up to +10 then you're on your own. Also content is balanced around +12 so don't read into the autism. I'm only posting because people keep making assumptions you can win at the enchant game through any means but sheer luck.

TERA is the only MMO I ever enjoyed and that gets grindy after you reach lvl 65 you have to start doing dungeons multiple times to get armor sets to do other dungeons

Etrian Odyssey's pretty comfy for some mindless grindan, just put on some music or podcast or some shit and grind away.

I haven't played it in forever but there have been a few delays for me even back when the game was globally available before it supposedly "shut down". That and probably because the server is based in some asian region I think.

That still exists? I heard about it years and years ago when I was crazy about MMOs. Probably would have gotten into it if Maplestory wasn't eating my life back then.

Sounds like some people just need to git gud and use their own cannons.

In the situation I described its a dick move because you essentially kick all the others out of the area but what the fuck is the point of whining anyway? Its already expensive as fuck to use (unless something big changed since I last played), do they want it completely gone or something?

You cant have more than one cannon in the area

Diablo 2, to some extents 1 and 3 as well.

Pretty much the only game where grinding is fun that I've played. Every Diablo Clone I've played just lacks the fun of mowing down dozens of enemies with a single spell.

I've not played any weebtrash, but I assume jRPGs ain't got shit on Diablo 2's comfy grindan.

Dragon Quest it pretty linear, but the grinding is straightforward and comfy, though encounters can get a bit too frequent in dungeons for my taste.

that sweet grind. I liked 2's classes better.

I tried to play Diablo 2 recently and instantly hit the brick wall that is 25 fps lock.
I googled around and it appears that you can run Diablo 1 at 60, but not Diablo 2.
I just can't go back.

Art style gives me a headache after 20 minutes of gameplay.

Servers are not free citizen

I had no idea. Fuck man, I loved playing that shit with /vg/ back on cuckchan years ago.

Thanks for the bump homie

> "Better than last year" spoiler: it's not
> everything decent, not just end game gear spoiler: there is no end game is RNG gated
> still fun

Was that in the original version? Because its the first I heard about it. Just imagine giving Etna a horse wiener.

It's only comfy if you make it comfy, i.e., you actually take time to eat and / or watch something comfy as you're grinding. Otherwise, this shit's just boring.

yes it was in the original
yes it has a horse weiner equipped
yes you can steal it
it also has the standard odds of being rare and legendary, so it's entirely possible to steal a rank 0 legendary horse weiner, go into its item world, and grind it up to be the platonic ideal of all equine genitalia

It's a fucking mobile game dude.

Dream on, Blizzardrone.

This looks like how lady bots would masturbate.

wew

I mean that mobile games in general rip off diablo's ui as well.
But ok, I guess if I played D1 and 2 back in the day that mean's I'm a drone, even though the last blizzard game I bought was rock'n'roll racing cartridge like 20 years ago

This, some comfyass grindan right there, I play it almost every night before bed

Also Lunar Knights when grindan for upgrade supplies
Also how the games current weather and time and shit affected abilities was pretty neat