Puyo Thread

How the fuck am I meant to play any of these games? The AI outpaces me by miles and I can't even begin to wrap my head around whatever this super move shit is.

I'm interested in Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Tetris part, but I can't for the life of me figure out Puyo in any of the many Puyo games I've tried. What is the secret?

Other urls found in this thread:

puyonexus.com/wiki/How_to_Play_Puyo_Puyo
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmNXxp71AR3Ugozxdk7bMQ5CbrmNHPx8EuyvmDNwYnrJvA/Puyo Puyo Sun (PC)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember playing this with some fag from here in the early exodus when I was linux only. Windows download where and game when?

Witch is best girl.

I think Super Puyo Puyo Tsu Remix has a three-tiered easy mode, so you can try that until you become decent.

Puyo Puyo VS 2 doesn't have tetris mode, but it does have online.

Blay Doctor Robotnik's mean bean machine, it's much easier and has a better learning curve for beginners

Here's the thing:
I love me the fuck out of Tetris. I really do. It's got a special place in my heart, and I've bought it a thousand times for every single console I've owned and I even bought some virtual currency for those shitty free2play Tetris games.

I'm gonna get this game too, whether I'm good at puyo or not.

Hopefully everything will work out in the end. Until then, I'm gonna keep trying to learn Puyo on my unintelligible Japanese 3DS copy of it.

Find any game that has an Endless mode and practice building chains.

Just play meme bean machine, it'll be nice.

PPT on the 3DS was how I was able to become okay at the game so it'll probably help you a bunch too. Good luck user.

This is pointless. The first Puyo games end once you get a 5 chain. You'll never learn proper chains like that.

Play with friends, I've been playing those games for over a decade regularly and I haven't beat the AI mode in any of them. I still like the game a lot even though I can only get a 3 chain maximum.

I gave consideration on learning how to get good but I decided against it.
puyonexus.com/wiki/How_to_Play_Puyo_Puyo

Been playing puyo puyo vs 2 solo a few times to practice but I end up being too slow thinking how I'm gonna position theses puyos to form chains. I guess it boils down to gittin gud and having a few puyo plans in your head to use for constructing chains.

Tetris (what we call puyo puyo tetris) is actually the worse game in the entire fucking history. I've listed before in huge paragraphs why this is so I won't do it again. It sucks ass so skip it and get 20th.

Stack in 3s. Start to twist and turn all around stacking in 3s. It doesn't matter if they outpace you because if you get one of the chains off the garbage will clear. Garbage multiplies as the number of chains increase so just keep stacking in 3s. Try to connect ones that are the same color, I don't know an easier way of explaining it to you.

If you've not good from the start you'll never be too good. You need autism to read 2 to 4 ahead or you'll get trounced against anyone playing for real. 90% of player don't or can't read ahead.

Do you have a screencap of it or something?

Does anyone know anything about the PC versions? I've seen online a lot that Puyo Puyo Sun (PP3) has multiplayer over TCP/IP but I can't figure out how to actually trigger that in game, I'm starting to think there was either a patch or people are lying.

Here's the copies I have, if anyone has a better I'd like a copy.
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmNXxp71AR3Ugozxdk7bMQ5CbrmNHPx8EuyvmDNwYnrJvA/Puyo Puyo Sun (PC)

Puyo Pop is really fun when you're winning, but as soon as an opponent gets a couple combos and a couple layers of shit gray blocks on you, the fun ends immediately. I don't think I can properly describe how much the opposite of fun it is when you prep for a cool chain combo and get fucked by a big row of bullshit. I'll literally never play a Puyo Pop again because something about those awful gray fucking blocks ruining your everything just pisses me off in the worst way.

post arurururu

Not for sexual

There's a copy of PP3 on Nicoblog. I don't see it, either.

Speaking of Arle, looking back in madou monogatari, it seems a little odd sending elementary school kids inside a tower full of monsters as an exam even if they have some magic powers Looking in the MSX version, the first monsters are funny-looking anthromorphic dogs with swords. I guess it's to teach about survival.

but sometimes undress

Is that related to Sei Madou Monogatari at all?

It's the same series, a Compile property.

I just played Mean Bean Machine on Sonic Mega Collection for hours on end and ended up being good at it.
If you want to get good at something, the secret is not giving up.

could be but the earlier games were mostly filled with puyo puyo characters so Sei madou monogatari is probably a different world in it's own with different characters.

holy shit, a puyo thread
I have Nier: Automata and Persona 5
but I keep coming back for Puyo Puyo Chronicle

Puyo Puyo Chronicle is the easiest I've played because I can win consecutively at ease

I'm used to doing stairs now but can't seem to do anything like after the stairs what am i supposed to do next

Wait, is this functionally equivalent to Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine? Because I fucking love me some Mean Bean Machine.

I just picked up Mean Bean Machine on Game Gear. I'm not sure why. The appeal of portable Puyo is just too compelling, even though I already have a DS flash cart with the Puyo 7 fan translation. And that homebrew port of TGM 3.

Much like Panel de Pon was rebranded as Tetris Attack and used Yoshi characters in the US, Puyo was rebranded as Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche. It's all the same game.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out why the fuck I can't into Puyo. It's because Puyo and Tetris are fundamentally extremely different games.

Tetris: Requires little-to-no forethought or planning other than "leave a space for the I piece" and relies on quick, active, reactionary thinking.

Puyo: Requires literally thinking at least 3 moves in advance at all times and is almost 100% forethought. Quick thinking can get you out of a jam sometimes, but it's not the main skill.

I'm good at thinking on my toes, but not planning.

things i noticed for Puyo Tetris mode (Puyo mode to Tetris mode vice versa)
You score more points when you leave a falling object to clear lines/puyo from your previous mode and then combo it with your current mode

Also it may seem like Puyo mode is very broken compared to Tetris mode especially when it comes to comboing.
Tetris is broken too if you know how to clear lines in with T-Spin.
Shit is practically the best thing you can exploit if you know how to do it

MOAR

elementary school arle this time

I don't think I have such things, my puyo collection is unsorted.

The name is Swap Mode, actually. PuyoTetris Mix, localized as Fusion, is an entirely different mode and is ass, unlike Swap. And yeah, cross-comboing is more powerful and add to your chains.

The balance between Puyo and Tetris garbage is a little skewed. It'll take a lot of lines cleared in rapid succession to even equal the amount garbage a simple 4-chain in Puyo will drop, but it is MUCH harder to set up chains, especially when it gets going. However, if you manage to pull a Back-to-Back (performing 2 or more Tetrises in a row, aka clearing 5 lines at once), the damage is about a 4-chain in Puyo. It's pretty much the only way to clear Adventure Mode if you get stuck on the Tetris side in a duel as T-spins are much harder to do and is actually not as powerful as you think they are, especially if they aren't DOUBLE T-Spins (clearing 2 lines with a T-Spin)

In modern tetris with the hold slot, you'd have to be an absolute mongoloid to be unable to regularly pull off back-to-back Tetrises.

Cheating.

why spoilers?

I left it on by accident.

but it's fun

at least more fun than god knows how many years of exact same puyo popping game over and over again

Best music coming through!

I've seen a lot of people say puyo puyo tetris is the worst one but I never see any explanations. I love the switch mode. I like PPT a lot for that mode. What's the general consensus on the bad things about PPT?

I also like this one a lot.

because showing someone get their anus utterly destroyed is NSFW

ARLE IS NOT FOR LEWD

She is built for fucking.