Why the videogames occupy so much ram?

Why the videogames occupy so much ram?

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

Why not?

The Jews

an international clique

People of mixed-Semitic ancestry whom are follower of the ethnic-cult known as Judaism

Really heckles my hexagons

Talmudism.

Mark, king of the jews

They do?
I've rarely had anything eat up more than a gig

Definitely the Jews.

The Jews
Seriously though, even old low-end PC games take like 100 MBs of RAM, it's not an issue, but why's that anyways?

RAM is short for Raging Antisemitic Man
The jews use so much of this man so he won't have time to destroy israel.

Who cares, RAM is cheap.

Also the Jews

Jews

Because games a lot of the time need to randomly access things quickly.

Depends how competent the programmer is and the scale of the game. Bad programmers just leave memory fucking everywhere even when they really don't need to read it at any given point, so you get super bloated games (see: anything by Bethesda).

But thats wrong. Most of the bloat comes from uncompressed audio

Upvoted.

The bloat on the hard drive comes from leaving everything uncompressed yes. The bloat in random access memory usage stems from the type of shit code put out by people with Bioware levels of competency.

Hell If I know.

Jews.

It was the Jews

The Jews

It's not just about needing to "read it" at any given point, because if you need to read it eventually, you need it in memory unless you're going to swap it to disk, which is far worse.
It's likely that they're using arena allocation and they allocate as large a buffer as they think they'll need, rather than allocating a small arena and growing it as needed, which would be more flexible at a small performance cost.
It depends on what the game is doing and how the programmer has done it. It is more efficient to overallocate memory and have it when you need it than to make a kernel request for every allocation and deallocation, which is why game developers use arena allocation in the first place. You can look up "arena allocation" to read more, but it's a pretty simple concept if you're familiar with memory allocation.
It's also possible that when the developers read the model data from the hard drive, they ship it to video memory in some vertex buffer but leave it redundantly in RAM, which would eat up massive amounts of memory for no gain (after all, all your models are already in video memory, you don't need to keep them in CPU memory unless you are going to ship them again for some reason. Most model deformation is done in shader programs and doesn't need vertex data after the initial upload).

One thing that would eat up plenty of RAM is collision data and other vertex state. If all of your collisions are happening in your CPU (and they usually are), you need to have all of your collision geometry stored in RAM, which can get very large very quickly (it'll take at least 3 bytes per vertex). You also need to have other graphs for all your stages in order for the AI pathfinding to work, and these graphs can get complex to whatever level necessary for convincing AI, increasing memory requirements. Another thing is your vertex deformation data. Each model's "bone" is going to take up at least 7 bytes of data. A minimum for these bones is going to be usually 10 per model (2 per limb, plus one for the head and torso), and frequently much more (some games have a bone or two per finger as well), so you can have 70 to over 200 bytes per actor in your game on top of everything else.
There are various other things that can take up a lot of RAM. The biggest consumers would be any sort of texture data which needs to be stored in CPU state, especially things like HDR data, CPU-side buffers for shadow calculation and the like, and debug textures. Improved AI trees can also take massive amounts of memory depending on how well they are built and the algorithms in use.
Though most of the memory a game takes should be video memory, as graphics get more complex, you have to take up more CPU RAM as well for the associated CPU state, unless you want incredibly high-poly models with N64 character animations and N64 lighting.

I will absolutely agree that most games are bloated and use more memory than they need, though. Just giving you the information you asked for, and pointing out that some games might need a lot of memory legitimately. I am a professional programmer, though not in the game industry. I have done some indie game development, including 3D games with C++ and OpenGL.

I've been keeping an eye on the resource monitor while gaming and I reckon it's because of the jews.

Good shit, thanks for the information.

moloch worshiping jews

Disregard that, it's definitely the Jews.

It seems asinine these days since texture quality isn't terribly better since a decade. Areas have loading zones and GPUs have fat ass banks of VRAM now.

I imagine it's just programmer brain drain- Everyone with talent has been fired, turned away or scared off from the industry with how revolving door their jobs have become- How much shit is canned engine work and how much outsourcing is present.

Not to mention the SJW issue that if you have a penis and are lighter than caramel you are probably going to be treated like the boogieman at some companies.

no prob just download some more homie

The Pajeets.

Jews.

The only ones which can be addressed as "international elements", because they conduct their business everywhere.
A giant, rootless, international clique.

I can't wait to repost this on r/Holla Forums!

Random Access Usury

I bet my friends on r/The_Donald will upboat it for sure!

Because the PS4 has 8Gb of RAM now while the PS3 had 512MB.

Das Juden

Yeah the really smart and competent people won't want to work in videogames when they can earn more and do more groundbreaking stuff at Google.

actually its not the jews
you guys are hasbara jew shills from haifa trying to create muh anti semitism victim card

te upper id's are likely one and the same guys reconnecting and changing his id who is then joined in by some failed niggers bums like op

sage for a being a masochist victim card jew thread

What companies spend millions on selling their products not only to the consumer, but also the developer?
Do they profit more if the developer makes better use of hardware rather than force zealot consumers to buy more expensive products?

RAM manufacturers manipulate production similar to OPEC.
GPU manufacturers develop proprietary optimization suites.
Intel does all of the above.

AMD is heavily owned by Israeli Jews
Intel is heavily owned by American Jews
Nvidia is heavily owned by American Jews
Micron has a close partnership with Intel, so more Jews
Samsung is based in a country where all children are raised with Jewish values, and every house has a torah

And lets not start talking about Microshit.

perhaps we should start our own technology industry

whats the point in:

i think its time start stop relying on damn kike technology and coming up with something own

OWN OPERATION SYSTEM
OWN HARDWARE
OWN GRAPHIC
OWN MEMORY
OWN SOFTWARE
OWN CODE
OWN LANGUAGE

its always like this:

next day you go and by that damn 5$ worth intel chips like snacks for 400$

and next year its like this::

next day you go and by again that damn 3$ worth intel chips like snacks for 450$

and next year after next year its like this::

next day you go and by again that damn 1.5$ worth intel chips like snacks for 550$

i think we have to change

bold yo

Jews will act like victims regardless.

So frequently used data can be accessed quickly without having to wait for the hard drive.

There is GNU/Linux, Unix and *BSD already.
Good fucking luck trying to do that. At best your "firm" might be capable of producing a Accelerated Graphic Card good enough for a 80-90's game, any better GPU and higher needs shit ton of Engineering, Funding and so on, and to get rid of the Botnet you need to make your own manufacturing plants since other plants are already infiltrated with various agents or they are forced by a secret court to do that.
Russia just managed to make a CPU that is capable of playing Doom 3 at 20-30 FPS or so.
Of what, programming language? There is plenty of that already so I don't see any reason to make another own unless you had something else in mind.

all me

Christians?

.>pajeets

kike bypass comment
ID:374702 - JUDE
comment will be ignored

Zoroastrians

I thought Zoroastrians don't real anymore?

you say that they dont have talent, but necessity is the father of ingenuity. if they dont need to, why should they spend the time figuring something out when they have a game that needs making?

Jews, The

now how did i mess that up

You had me worried.

Black people.
Also Jews.

Kill yourself. I bet you're some triggered redditor trying to stop people from saying words you don't like.

>>>/reddit/

I ram your mom.

everyone is a nigger

Because almost all game devs these days look like pic related. I bet many barely know what ram even is.

Some user please post that oc with the drawn picture of a modern game dev, sort of similar to this pic, only saw it posted once and didn't save it

It's the one where there is a text on the side describing it as a m>f>m transexual among other things, forgot to add this