Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/ja_JP/index.html
pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-mhgen-save-file-to-mhx.460948/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-data-manager.434848/page-7
pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
mhxx.wiki-db.com/ta/guideline_prohibited
hastebin.com/avonudobiz.vbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the most idiotic thing you have ever encountered playing with randoms online? For me it was a time I joined a high level dual stygian guild quest in 4U. I knew I was in for a treat when the host immediately posted a prewritten list of rules for his lobby demanding nobody use sleep or paralysis weapons saying that he wanted to "fight" the monster (the host was using hammer and going for KO's which incapacitate the monster for about as long as para. I guess his rules don't apply to him). What really got to me is he started this whole passive aggressive concern trolling act when I ate for Felyne defender Hi instead of Moxie. I have never before or since seen a host who demanded everyone eat for moxie. Now lv. 140 stygian was a pretty tough cookie, but he really doesn't have that much oneshot potential. His thing is endless dragonballs that can finish you off after a big hit, thus negating moxie. I'm not going to argue this using the 3ds chat box so I simply said to the host that I liked defender hi for the fight better and if he didn't like it he could kick me. This guy then wrote a fucking essay in the chat that I didn't bother reading because I was pretty pissed off at him by now. I wasn't kicked so in my mind I won the argument. The hunt went about 5 minutes. Some bow shitter who was obviously undergeared and kept spamming the pellet rain attack double carted, and then the host died once failing the quest. Moxie didn't save his ass.

I wish the MH chat allowed for smug animu posting.

Posting my retarded idea. Gets better sharpness modifiers as you use it, to a point.

what, I don't get it

It starts at green, goes "down" to blue, then white, then purple, then fucks off to orange.

it doesn't make sense

Imagine a barroth weapon covered in mud, and the more you attack with it the more mud gets broken off, making the weapon sharper.

So who's up for some hot round robin action RIGHT NOW?

The amount of fresh bronze crown Hunters that waltz into my guild hall wearing Molten Rex armor when 140 Frosty Kush is posted is annoying.
Hurr-durr it's my only set they reply when asked.

Truly the best of the best in online shitterism that infected and destroyed many a skilled room due the host being a fucking pansy by not kicking the shitters.

Already done.
Soigeres weapons have this effect if you roll backwards.

I'm 3 hours late but I'm up for hunting now and for the next several hours.

In the middle of making a backup of my SysNAND before updating to 11.4, but once that's done I'd be happy to join

Gimme a few mins

Only thing is I'd rather not host because my internet has been a little on the fritz lately with spring weather coming through.

ID 46-9697-7737-3396
Pass 8888

I'm getting a connection error (003-2002) for some reason, so you lads may have to go on without me

Try again now

Still getting it

Are the rest of you getting on fine? Because my 3DS is seeing my router fine but can't get to the Internet from there, and the network status site makes it sound like maybe the servers are acting up because of the emergency maintenance they're doing for the eShop

nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/ja_JP/index.html

welp ;-;

I feel good that I cannot read moon runes so I cannot get pissed at faggots like this when playing with the nips.

And now I can't connect to the room to save my life. I guess that'll have to be it for now.

Try creating the room instead

I tried that and I just get comm errors every 40 seconds or so.

Damn

They say the maintenance is done but I still can't connect. Anyone else having issues?

I tested with a random lobby and it works fine for me now. It's late so I'll be back to play some other time.

I'm still not connecting, but I've got a new error at least, 006-0803

Uhn, that's weird. If you ever manage to fix it out say so, I'd be up for some hunting right now

Fair enough, I'll give it another run after dinner

Alright, I'm gonna eat too then

What country are you all in it's 9am in Clapistan.

And it looks like it's all good to go again finally.

20-3624-5519-6067
PW: 2943

Take turns posting whatever.

It's just shy of 11 PM Friday night here as I post this.

Arrived home just now, going in.

almost 3pm

I gotta stop for a sec

No problem, I need to be turning in for the night anyway, work in the morning. Thanks for the hunts.

Alrighte, g'night.

I have a room up.
11-6136-0692-2549

MHG made me soft by handing me EZ evades and cheap skillz, but MH4U will slap my shit and say "YOUR ARMOR SKILLS DON'T MEAN SHIT IF YOU CAN'T DODGE HUNTAH".

So I just got Generations and a new 3ds

did i make a mistake

Slap some cfw onto that shit.

please enlighten, what is a cfw

I literally never played monster hunter before, but always been interested

You done fucked up now.
Have a gander at the 3ds piracy thread.

I mean, I emulated one on the wii and played a little of one on the Vita, but when it came to the latter, I think I got killed in some underwater arena and was like fuck it

Thanks again for the hunts gang.

y-you too
Sorry for going afk for a bit in the last jho hunt, someone arrived at the door.

How the fuck do I get the game to update?

I try updating it like any other game and it gives me the "update completed" message, but absolutely nothing happens and it still prompts me to update every time I launch.

It's trying to grab the update from your local Nintendo server rather than Japan's. Too bad your local server doesn't have that file.

Just find the update CIA online and install it from there.

Are there any downsides for homebrewing? Will I still be able to play the games I currently own online?

Shit happens, it's cool.

On that note, home from work, up for hunting if anyone else is alive.

No downsides to my knowledge, and as long as you go all the way and install A9LH you can go online and play your current games just fine

I'm not really sure what A9LH is to be honest.

You still here? I could create a room

25-1728-1898-2589

pass is 8888

someone pls
I'm ronery

On my way in

I almost forgot what it was like to Monster Hunt

I always forget the psychoserums on the worst hunts

welp, sorry. I need 15 mins

I'll join if there's still room. MHXX?

yeah

Guessing those are the 千里眼の薬 that let you see where the monster is? I should really add them into my sets, but most monsters I memorize where they are.

Also, just a word of advice for the future, those little baby Gizamis can poison for some reason, so be careful if you AFK in an area with 'em, I almost didn't heal you in time the first time.

Also just an FYI in the next half or so I'll be AFKing for a pizza delivery and eating of said pizza, but I'll be back in ASAP afterward

I'm getting so stressed out thinking about mhxx online that I still don't have the courage to join any hunt. I still don't think i'm in control of the situations because of the various styles. I know i could just stick with guild and go, but I feel they want you to use specific styles for monsters instead of just picking the weapon you feel more comfortable with.

Did the room go down?

No, we're still here, should we wait for you to rejoin?

You just dc'd, come back in. This time shoot a friend request too

No one cares about that shit. Guild + 2 evasion arts can handle mostly everything

btw I only say mostly everything because super azurebolt astalos is bullshit for BM

Pizza got here early, afk for a bit guys

I'll re-join in a bit, I need to eat some lunch.

Thanks again lads, I'll have more free time over the next couple days once my "weekend" starts

Good hunts.

It's bullshit for gunners too. Take a look at the hitzones and enjoy doing fuckall for damage.

I'm convinced that Raizex in general was made purely to fuck gunners, after Gamuto was made to fuck blademasters. Dinovaldo was made to fuck people who don't use evasion arts/styles, and Tamamitsune was made to fuck Lagiacrus.

But it's way easier as BM seeing how pierce 2 and 3 got JUST'd really hard. He's not particularly weak to shot damage either(weakest point is the trunk, 45)

The trunk is exponentially easier to attack with shots than it is with a melee weapon though, and 90% of his attacks are forward charges or 360 degree AoE snow.

But it's thin enough that pierce 1 will only hit once unless it's stunned. And he still takes a decent amount of damage from BMs on his legs.
Deviant gamuto is even worse as he gains more long ranged and chasing attacks, and his front legs become less resistant to damage.

Pierce isn't the only type of gunner shot you know. Nobody on earth uses Pierce Bow, and Normal HBG is still a thing.

It's just by far the most effective one, Normal 2 does 12 a shot, and pierce 1 does 3x9. Pierce will outdamage normal 2 in all cases unless the monster is lagombi sized or smaller.

fug
But yeah pierce bow sucks ass, and gammoth is pretty much bow's worse matchup from what I've seen.

Anyone wants to play?

Sure. Post a room.

44-0148-4074-4363
pass is 8888

I don't know… I even feel like someone have posted my sets on some forum or facebook page and roasts me behind my back

anyone care to post the .cia files for the patch?
pls.

can't you just google it

mega.nz/#!dRA0ASRD!Tv0lhF5PUzUcDDO6vJ6H1j3-3Clg9zWOsSoAk9IXhag

sorry bout that, haven't touched any cfw since the PSP so…

What file should I use to install the NTR?

Either Mode-3 file for O3DS and the non mode-3 for N3DS. The only difference is the banner. Just be sure when you get it all up and running in game to change the NTR menu shortcut away from X+Y because you'll likely turn it on by accident when fishing out Niblesnarf or mashing out of stun. Sadly you have to do that every time you boot the game up.

How do you like to "go critical"? I'm still trying to figure them out, so i just use critical eye+3 (since i got like and found a expert+10 charm in mhx) and weakness exploit with narga weapons.
what combinations do you use for sets?

You're missing the most important crit skill though, crit boost(crits go from 25% extra damage to 40%)

Also, anyone up for a few hunts?

I can speak for the value of this damage upgrade, having seen it happen more visually in SRW V.

Give me about 20 minutes or so to finish the hunt I'm on and hang up some laundry and sure.

Room's up

06-9535-6830-1952
PW: 3492

Take turns posting quests, anything goes.

I'd join but
>I'm still in HR12 wearing Jaggi armor and taking 30 minutes to finish every hunt fuck hypers though jesus christ
I basically don't contribute anything at all.

But it's fun to have you around, and we mostly do quests that require HR12 or less. Also, we can help you through your keys, if you want that.

Oh and I forgot to say, but you do contribute, you're not bad at all(if you're the person I think you are)

TAs?

Personally, I'm still using Babakonga based weaponry and Rioleus armor. I enjoy Atral Ka enough to not mind getting his shit, but I just haven't done it yet. Either way, join, the more the merrier.

TAs are time attacks, as in, speedrunning a single hunt.

Thanks again for the hunts

Ah, even for Monster Hunter I don't spend that much time on it, too many yet unfinished quests to run, plus too many other games pretty much any waking moment not spent working or eating has been divided between XX and Super Robot Wars V for the past two months

Anyway, I'm the only one left, and I'm a shitter of a Gunner, but if you want an extra hand with anything, the room's still up.

Guessing that's a no then. Closing up shop for the night, will open up a room in the morning since you folks seem more active around then. Don't feel bad about being lower rank, I'm more than happy to tackle quests at any point.

man, i forgot about it, thanks.

How long do you think is it going to take before the next athena's ass? i need to create new builds.

Are you still around buddy?

Fuck em.
Guild style is gonna be a cold wake up call if they ever decide to leave MHG EZ-PZ edition.
Evasion+1 don't seem to work as well in MHG as it does in 4U due to some monsters like Glaive-anus with his 360 YOLO spins that can't be dodged consistently with an SA equipped with evasion+1.

4U is still surprisingly active with SK, Hellruin Glaives, GS Molten tigrex sets and mount spamming everywhere it feels good to be back.

I'm noticing a pattern here.
So what will the blue kut-ku oneshot me with?

He doesn't. But he's gonna 10shot you with an armada of well-trained konchu running your ass over

Would anyone be interested in a room

Sounds like a bombcat situation.

sure

19-2844-1953-1594
PW:8888

I'm still in the lobby

Are this lights just there because valfalk passed by, so you'll find burnt shells or there's more to it?

I guess I'll close down shop then. Good hunts.

That's all there is to it as far as I know.

Ah, is hunting time over already then?

Sorry, something happened. I had to go

I can put it up again.

Sounds good

18-0947-1359-6153
PW: 8888

Good hunts all, thanks again. I'll be at home all day cleaning up, so if anyone else comes to life and wants to do hunting in XX or 4G, though I'd have to start a new file I'm game.

So seeing as the Neset Armor gives unprecedented room to make a custom set of Armor Skills, I figured I'd throw together a quick draft of which skills are even worth pursuing, with the specific benefits of each as well as how many slots the ornaments for them would take up to make it easier to plan out skill builds. Obviously not a comprehensive list, but I figured I'd throw it up for now and see if anyone has any recommendations on what to add or take off if anything, as well as any extra details or corrections as necessary.

pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J

I'm a little upset at how rare Focus and Evade Dist are in the game. It seems like you can't make shitall without a really good 6+ OOO talisman for either of them, even with Neset Armor.

I have around an hour to hunt, anyone up for some?

Alternative to Neset (Jho Ceana set)

Anyone have a good gunner version?

Kill yourself.
All 3 gunner classes require different skills so no.

high affinity is good on all sets that are not elemental focused or use Mad Affinity

High affinity is good but it's pointless to use a premade like that when you can just whip up athenas/that other site and get your choice of skills according to your talismans, by the time you can fight hyper ceanataur and jho you're almost into the HR break anyways.

ID: 12-2535-5841-1754
Round robin, everyone's welcome

No one's coming I'm shutting it down.
Post on bread if you wanna pray

I'll need to afk sometime PROBABLY in an hour and 15, but not 100% sure when to accept a delivery, but if that's cool I'm up to hunt.

No prob.
37-8300-8867-0192

That's a bitch mate, hopefully there's as cheap in your country as they are here. Thanks for the hunts if you can't make it back in.

This is weird, I tried a bunch of times on, at least 3 different outlets, nothing. I was getting sad already because the only place that sells those is two buses away, I went to pack it up and gave it one last pity try and bam, suddenly it's back. What a fucking relief
I'll be back in a min

Nice, I'll boot it back up and make another room

Alright, sorry for that.

No sweat, shit happens, and it's not nearly as bad as the delay I just had earlier.

Just an FYI, we're still hunting if anyone else wants to join.

68-6765-4379-8787
Pass: 2580

Thanks again for the hunts guys.

Personally, taking a break for lunch, but I have the day off and it's only 2 PM here, so if anyone's up and about for the rest of the day, speak up and I'll open up a room.

Thank you too, buddy.
I'll be going to sleep now, best case scenario I'll be up for it at 11pm your time.

just how good is the xx translation? I got pretty far in gens but i'm not sure if it's worth dropping all my progress when an english one can be announced soon.

Unless you have other people who'd be playing the NA/EU version you want to run with, I'd say to convert your save and just run in XX, since the multiplayer crowd here never really bothered with the NA/EU version for X. Can't speak on the quality of the translation myself though, haven't seen it.

The translation is perfectly fine, just don't expect new items to have English flavor text or quests to have descriptions beyond their main and sub goals. Also DLC event quests both new and old are completely untranslated and will probably stay that way. You can play the game without any sort of headache using it, but every bit of dialogue is in moonrunes barring a few exceptions. Any menu or item name you would possibly need to be able to read is in English as of the current version, I don't have a single rune memorized and I've made it up to HR break just fine.

Goddamn I wish Two Name Monsters could have their BGMs changed, I am so sick of that tune. It's especially maddening with monsters whose themes I like to begin with like Jinouga and Dinovalde.

4U had the same problem with Apex monsters. All these possible themes thrown away for the same one shitty track because

I like MHXX but I'm getting tired of gimmick hunter.

Who has priority on the head after GS and Hammer?

Apex are the Extreme monsters that had that godawful gimmick where every attack except on one part of their body bounces unless you use a stone that lasts like 30 seconds and takes like 2 minutes to recharge? Because yeah, fuck those, though I honestly don't know if I hate them or Two Names more - on the one hand, you only had to fight each one of the former once or twice, whereas with the extra 6 fuckers added in and the G Rank levels, you have to do Two Name monster hunts at least 200 times to do each one once.

In general and not accounting for damage types vs. zone, I presume any weapon that does bludgeoning damage for stuns, so the Hammer, the Flute, and to a lesser extent the One Handed Sword?

I updated the Pastebin slightly since 龍気 got definite numbers, also added in the skills for resisting earthquakes and buffing damage on Normal and Piercing Bullets for Gunners, and slightly rearranged to put some of the skills that are both offensive and defensive into a separate category.

Anyone up for a few hunts?

Sure, lemme just finish the one I'm on

Alright, no problem.
ID: 13-15920799-6241
PW: 8888

Not showing up, did you get disconnected?

Weird, I'll up a new one.
ID:52-9827-33352-6318

Thanks again, sorry for just falling apart there near the end. I should probably pass out soon.

Don't worry, you weren't doing badly. I was messing up a lot.
Enjoy your sleep

i'm currently using pic related with crit eye+3 and crit boost. Should i stick with it or switch with a set that has crit eye+1, crit boost and sharpness +1?
The white lasts only 2-3 hits otherwise.

They could have given monsters variants of their original themes, or at the very least, made a new theme for them when they hit g-rank so we're not stuck listening to the same song we've heard for 100 hours in x/gen again. But no, only Diablos gets the new theme.

Head is la/nce on.ly. Go home grampa, GS is barely mid tier now.

At crit+3 you have 70% affinity, which is approximately a 28% damage boost on average while crit+1 would only give you 50%, which is ~20%. But because you'll be spending much more time in blue sharpness, you'll have its 1.2x damage multiplier more often than white's 1.32x.

160 x 1.28 x 1.2 ~= 246
160 x 1.2 x 1.32 ~= 253

Sharpness+1 is probably a little bit better long term, and would be more consistent (in case you get buttfucked by RNG), but it's less than 3% extra damage and this is before we even consider the little bit of natural white you get without sharpness+1. The difference is small enough that I, personally, wouldn't bother switching. Unless you're having issues with bounces, crit+3 will probably be either just as good if not better than sharpness+1 with that set.

SnS>Lance for headtime, it's like you don't even want 1 trillion stuns per minute.

If anyone wants to post a room I can join for the next few hours. 4U or XX preferred.

XX

05-7853-3800-3681
Pass: 3951

Usual deal, take turns posting quests, anything goes.

Can play Monster Hunter on PC/Android?

You can emulate the PSP ones for PC

Yee.
PPSSPP.

PSP emulator for PC, but that's about it. Cell phones don't have games.

Don't listen to this idiot, BTW you can run PPSSPP on an android device although I don't know why the fuck you'd want to do that.

I honestly didn't know there were functional PSP emulators. Shows how behind the times I've gotten I suppose. How does the game network with other systems? I know a fag who keeps bothering me to play it with him, but he's not emulating.

How would that even work without buttons?

Thanks again for the hunts guys, sorry for the sudden departure there at the end, just realized I have to leave for work soon.

Anyone wanna play?

Why even does khezu?

Japan finds it hilarious for some reason

but y tho

They all find the -dromes hilarious too, this is why they keep coming back

But seriously, why do they insist in bringing it back when gigginox is the same concept but not terrible? There's also the fact that if you don't count rathian, there are so few poison monsters worth a shit and so many strong lighting ones already.

I'm really not joking when I say that they're only around because japan loves them, I don't get it either. Gigginox > Khezu, baleful giggi is literally just Khezu but funner. G. Baggi > Giadrome and G. Wroggi > Iodrome, literally the same concept but done a thousand times better.

The only plausible reason for no gigginox I can think of is the maps aren't designed for it. It needs walls and ceilings to walk on, but that would still leave the swamp, frozen seaway and I think jungle as possible areas.

Anyone wants to play in a few?

sure

69-6085-5235-3872

sorry storms are crashing my internet stability

Anyone up for some?

Will be in a bit, just let me save my progress in Fire Emblem 3

Okay, take your time.

All good to go here.

25-9287-3519-2256

Usual deal, take turns posting, anything goes.

Thanks for the hunts, sorry for doing so godawful today tired me out more than I thought I guess.

Thank you too. No worries, I was fucking up too, I even carted to lagiacrus.

Why do you guys have such an awful, awful taste?

You're the one defending fucking khezu here, the only one with shit taste is you.

You will never know the marvelous true terror of old gigginox
Khezu a shit

Same with gravios, we have uragaan, so we don't need gravios anymore

XX's Gravios is actually pretty alright, 4U's was hell though.
I'm cool with Basarios staying though.

ok

Basarios at least has the "oh don't hit me im a rock" cammo gimmick, All gravios does is move slowly and fire beams, its like a poor man agnaktor. Also why does it even has wings?

And now you will try to prove to me how giggis, constant wind pressure and apex in a long run add more than they detract. I'll be listening very carefully for any sign of common sense.

Exactly, though I don't know how anyone sane can state that khezu+ is somehow less shit.

Faggot

thrusday night room y/n

I'm game

You only had to bring the right weapon for the job to make him a cakewalk.

Water elemental phial CB with guard up.

I used the plessy LBG with HG earplugs and rapid fire. I would join Black Gravios rooms even when I didn't need his parts anymore because it was too fun. 10 minute hunt + all breaks or your money back.

I should stress that a 10 minute hunt is the maximum time with 3 others who have mediocre/shitter gear. With a group that has good water weapons, including element cb + guard up sets, the hunt is 3 minutes easy.

Let's try this whole hunting thing again

41-8329-9915-5860
Pass: 3197

Take turns hunting, anything is game from under class mushroom hunts to the big castle bug himself.

Thanks again for the hunts gang.

To anyone else, as far as I know they're still going, so now there's room for one more if anyone else wants to join in.

Room is closed because everyone left. Another time I suppose.

forgot to unsage

anyone g1 rank in MH4 and wanna team up with someone also g1?
it's like everyone hangs out in val habar and no one plays in elder hall. it used to be i'd make a room and three randoms would join within five minutes. now i can sit and wait in elder hall for 50 and watch TV and no one joins. what the fuck.
let me know if you're interested and i'll give you my discord handle.

i'm beginning to wonder if he wasn't doing it just to fuck with me and his friends

Never underestimate an IG user's ability to fuck up. Even the ones who aren't completely retarded will still find a way. It's a weapon with a gimmick that leaves you with a vulnerability window so huge that it makes even a fucked up hammer spin seem short. That alone means that unless you know what you're doing and have a good understanding of when and more importantly when not to try vaulting, you're going to fuck up. A lot. And shitters think that if you're using IG, you should always be vaulting. Even when you topple a monster after a mount, spam vaulting attacks. Even when you have no stamina left at all, hold R and mash B until you vault again. What the fuck is the bug? What are "extracts"? Hon hon hon, non "extracts" mon ami; je suis monte! This is how the frenchman plays IG.
If you've ever seen an even slightly good IG user (You haven't. No one has. They're a myth.) you'd see them glowing like a rainbow constantly while doing extremely fast attacks and dancing around the monster with elegance and grace that would almost make DBs jealous. You've never seen that, have you? Neither have I. And neither of us ever will. None of us will, because no one will ever learn how to use IG, and it's because begging to be carried while vaulting a thousand times per hunt is too easy.

I do have to say that the weapon got me interested when i first tried it in mh4, and that's how i ended up playing it. Fortunately after enough fuck ups i calmed down. Now i just use it like a faster LB/SnS and vault just when i have a big enough window.

i'll just wait for brave style

Brave style doesn't help the CB as much as you think it will.

Instead of loading phials every 3 minutes, you will instead lose your brave gauge every 3 minutes, and CB without brave being active is incredibly neutered. Monsters can also be incredibly dickish about letting you recharge your meter.

Is it possible to convert your MHG save into MHX so I can transfer it to mhxx?

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-mhgen-save-file-to-mhx.460948/

welp the same Error: Unable to open extdata.

Scroll to the bottom, the last two messages on the page.
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-data-manager.434848/page-7

That's because you haven't got MHX extdata installed.
pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
Follow this guide, it's pretty easy, just install SaveDataFiler and inject MHX save data.

Anyone up for some turns?

Retard

IG is a lot of fun. I like to think of it as being a cross between DBs and LS, with a unique gauge. Aside from grabbing extracts being difficult for me because of how little I've spent using it, and the bug/pheromone shooting feeling clunky, it's overall one of the most fun weapons to play. Its mobility is amazing, and you can move around so much in the middle of a combo without stopping. But the vault is something that, if you don't use right, will punish you. Very hard. And it seems like the majority of its users never realize that and keep spamming it anyway. It's a weapon I'm very ashamed to like, and seeing the way it usually gets used upsets me.

where the friday night room eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A bit late for "Friday night," but try again in 10 hours or so and I should be available for a Saturday night room

I did. I might have found the one good player from french, while doing a level 120 chameleos or something.
Funny thing is he was self aware of the memes, as his mount message was "le montè suis xD"
He only used the jump thrice, mounted once, and kept raping the boss with Blast IG and super fast attack speed.

Sums up the 4U experience in one post.
I have seen good IG users in 4U and they weren't french or wearing SK armor.
I'm guilty of not mounting when i use IG as im shitting damage before my triple buff runs out.
Bounding Dala best IG
Also screenshot worthy post that didn't get the dubs it deserves

Funny thing is that in 4U the IG was so fucking OP that it was #1 in dozens of matchups(beating GS and HBG, yes), so much that it was nerfed to oblivion in Gen

What does that mean in human?

post favorite weapon designs

Does anyone have a .cia for the current MHXX update?

does anyone know where i can find a transcript of the cowardly felyne/smirk and the cheeko sands elder's final words after you finish their set of quests?
it was really inspirational and moving… i want to read it again.

Satureday room y/n

I'd be up to it but i'm still HR7. and also pretty shit

That's fine, I've got quite a few high rank shit to farm, we'll do turns.
ID:19-9157-8170-9453

Apparently i don't meet the requirements

Ooh, shit sorry, I forgot that HR players can't get in the tavern.
ID: 15-5735-6978-0741
This will work

Thanks again, sorry for being the weakest link.

Looking forward to seeing you again one of these days!

Definitely join in more often, there's plenty of people willing to hunt at any level. If you want us to tone down our gear so that we don't just blaze through everything no effort, say so.

Also to the guy who said he'd be back soon, just say so here in bread and I'll re up the room.

I'm back. Had to wash a weeks worth a dishes and eat some instant noodles.

41-7299-2067-8806

PW is 8888

So are there any guides on how to make a good cat yet? I hear the melee types are actually somewhat viable and I want to try them out.

I used IG almost exclusively in 4U and mhx because it's piss easy to use properly and get good damage. It almost feels like I've been playing on easy mode and it's ruined me as a result.

My FC:2424-7095-8975

My 3DS says that FC is wrong. Mine is 4656-9857-0268.

Shit my bad, I put a number wrong
2423-7095-8975

anyone wants to play for a few

tfw no one to play with

Someone post a room and I'll join.

The hell? I thought it was just going to be the annoying of regular gypceros but with deadly poison instead.

31-4950-1411-7410

You guys know the drill, take turns posting, anything goes.

Don't let that last hunt get you down ロム, Ferocious monsters in Gunner armor is no joke

Nah I've been shitting around in these "fun" sets for too long. I can't show my face to all these HR 200 people in Vespoid armor and a non-fully upgraded weapon anymore. Might as well suck down my pride and make a meme set.

I'm still running around in a basic set of Leus X, you don't need anything overly fancy. Running out for lunch at the moment, but I'll be back later if you want help hunting anything to make weapons/armor.

Hey, I know it stings to fail a hunt 10-15 mins in, but don't let that get to you, it's part of the game.
If you aren't liking your current armors/weapons everyone's more than happy to help you get something else.
Not all of us are running memesets, I enjoy the autism of having something optimal for all the weapons I like myself, but try taking a look at Cocoa's or weebman's armors next time.

Also, I'm still around(alone) in that room, I'll be up for an hour more maybe so join in if you still wanna hunt.

well, goodngiht guys

Sorry mate, just got back now.

If anyone else is around, post a room and I'll join up.

I have nothing left to do gear-wise other than getting the Mantis rare drop and finish upgrading my armor by like 30 points which is barely going to make any difference for a gunner at endgame anyway. Maybe I should start joining these rooms now.

I'm hardly optimized and I do these all the time. If you want we could do some hunting right now, whether to finish up your bug farming or anything else you feel up for.

I figured that might be the case, but I didn't want to be that guy with subpar gunner defense and unupgraded weapons if it turned out you were constantly running deviants or something. I'd play now but I'm phoneposting and about ready to sleep. I'll try to get in next time if you're down a man.

Pretty much every weapon which does something special when used in battle.

We've mainly been running in turns, with everyone pursuing different goals in all likelihood. Some of us seem to be farming specific monsters, others just filling out any quests they haven't done yet. I've been considering planning a day where we just throw on the gathering/transporting gear and pound out all the terrible gather/transport quests, or a Nyanter day to rip through those quests as well, if anyone would be interested in clearing those out of their logs.

dammit

Currently running a sharpness+2 / chain crit / crit boost / weakness exploit set. If I had a slightly better charm I could gem in something like speed sharpener too.
My set works well for IG, because it relies on the +30% affinity from white privilege on the speed bugs. I'm hitting >100% affinity on weakpoints and 55-60% affinity everywhere else, on a 0 affinity weapon. It's good enough that I could use something with -10% affinity like the diablos rod if I wanted and still be hitting 100% crit rate on weakpoints during a chain I just don't feel like making yet another IG when I've already got 4, and so few of every other weapon type I use.. If you want to make something similar for another blademaster weapon type, you might want to try looking for a weapon with some decent affinity.

I should probably start planning what Armor skills to focus on myself, since I've started picking up some decent equips. If I made Neset, I could get immunity to roars for free with a couple of them.

What's your take on bludgeoner?
I can understand it in LR but even at HR i can't see why use it anymore. Is it really viable?

It really isn't good, at all. With green it's only a +15 raw boost. But with sharpness modifiers, green is 1.05x, blue is 1.2x; so, assuming the same base raw, green+bludgeoner is better than just blue for anything with 100 raw or less. That's basically nothing. I don't even think there are any weapons with raw that low that can even get blue. It's even worse because it's relatively tough to get; a lot of stuff gives handicraft or other attack increasing skills, but not much other than bone and akantor give bludgeoner. And this is just comparing it to blue, not even looking at the better sharpnesses.

It's kind of funny that you mention LR; it's extremely impractical to get before HR. It is technically possible, because you can make the 1 point / 1 slot gems with a somewhat rare drop from a few LR quests, but nothing else that gives it is available until early HR; so not only do you need to grind for a long time to gather all the mats (20 monster bone+), you need 10 free slots.

So, is Valfalk armor with adrenaline+2 gemmed in the to-go speedrun set?

I'd imagine it's only good with akantor weapons, but even then if you do the math you can probably get better.

how to fix bludgeoner:
give it a 15 point improvement that removes the 70% dmg reduction punishment from yellow hits

Remove all damage penalties from low sharpness and make all attacks below green do impact damage because the weapon is very clearly not sharp.

Here's a question - how significant is Attack Power Up at this point? In vanilla X I'd have said it's an obvious goal since it's at worst a constant 10% damage buff, but with weapons regularly going over 300 raw, an increase of 20 doesn't seem that significant compared to some other skills.

Attack up is a flat amount of raw. As far as I'm aware, the best way to get damage is to get all the crit bullshit.

Right, I just meant that the highest weapons in X as far as I remember tended to hit around 200 raw, so it was effectively a 10% boost, as opposed to now, where it comes out to a 6.7% boost, give or take.

Any skill giving more than 7% attack bonus is better than Atk up large in G rank

Also do you guys know about the new charm farm method?
Up to 42 enduring charms per run

i think adding KO damage could be a 20 point improvement to the skill, or
10 points - 2% attack as KO dmg
15 points - 5% attack as KO dmg (and yellow penality removal)
20 points - 10% attack as KO dmg

Impact damage and KO are 2 different things user. Also this isn't the kind of skill that should have a 20 point variant, you could easily get S+2 with the same investment and not worry about fucking around with janky bullshit.

No because adren+2 is banned for speedruns.

oh, i didn't knew that

Japs banned a shitton of stuff to make it fair
mhxx.wiki-db.com/ta/guideline_prohibited
Translated version: hastebin.com/avonudobiz.vbs

w-what why?

The fuck is this shit?

Seems like they wanted to ban any means of doing non-weapon damage to the monster(even if stones only do 1 damage, and thus would only be useful on atrulka and maybe gypceros, and even then saving a second at most)

THE GAY SPEEDRUNNING COMMUNITY
Those are only for "TA"s, a huge part of the speedrun thing but you can always just ignore it and do your thing, you just gotta follow these rules if you want your run properly ranked and uploaded to thir site

ID:19-0782-6389-0434
Turns, anyone can join.

I can understand banning bombs because it's possible to kill a monster without ever using your weapon which invalidates weapon/style choice entirely, but armor skills? I see zero reason to ban challenger.

It's not challenger, it's adrenaline.
It's banned because else it'd be too good to pass up, and every single set would run it, and this hurts variety and weapons that have lots of required skills(like GS requiring focus, crit draw and crit boost on solo runs)

Oh, my mistake. Adrenaline and heroics I can also understand, but they could very easily make a separate category for it or something.

They are I think, the site's all in jap but from what I recall these rules are for the "official" ones, there's other sections with other stuff

Did you close down? Not showing up

Shit, SHIT
new ID:12-8591-5126-4683
pass:8888

I'm trying to rush through the key quests so i can catch up to you guys.

If you just want to rush to G Rank, we're happy to help, though if you're trying to earn your way up solo, I wish you the best.

nah it's ok, if i can't beat them solo now i won't last long in G. It's annoying doing hyper quests because of how long they take.

Good mindset to have, best of luck user.

Good luck user

Thanks again for the hunts user

you too

Thanks, i reached G rank just now, finally.

Congratulations

Can someone post the link to the guide to homebrewing. I haven't used my 3ds in years and I think my current memory card is too small for this.

Current thread is:

Anyone wants room?

Thanks, user-sama

test

Give me a few and I'll be up for hunting

I'm up for hunting

14-3838-6472-7553
Pass: 1440

You know the drill, anything goes in turns

Room's still up, so go ahead and reconnect when you can

Thanks again for the hunts, if you or anyone else is still around when I get back let's do some more.

So, anyone alive and up for a hunt?

Anyone online and wants to help someone in high rank do some urgents/a tiny bit of grinding?

Eating dinner at the moment, but I should be available in an hour, give or take.

Just about ready. Should I gear down to lower armor, or stay in G armor?

Don't really care either way but I'm not really in a rush or anything. Also doing some offline stuff currently so gimmie a bit, make a room in the meantime.

Got it

49-6799-0608-2626
Pass: 8280

Go ahead and post anything you like.

Is it still up?

But the whole reason I did this was for talons.

We're still going yeah, was just in the middle of an Eviljo hunt

For the record, if what you're gunning for is the rare drop off of Eviljo, it's 2% off one of the four drops off a kill, but capturing it alive gives a 4% chance at least twice and sometimes more, so slightly better odds of that if you capture. Just a heads up.

First of all I was going for talons, not gems and those are twice as like to get from carving. Second, the chances are the same for capping and carving assuming you don't have tranquilizer, carving or a similar skill so it doesn't really matter. Though I very specifically recall it always being better to kill for gems, but they probably changed the numbers at some point.

To clarify, I mean for joe specifically. Might have been the same for ziggy too, I forget.

So is there a discord group or anything? Or just that old as fuck steam group?

Disgusting.
Thread only

Makes it kinda difficult to communicate mid hunt though.

Is there ever any need to do so, though?

The only reason for a group would be to use it as a plan b, in case the site goes down. But even then, it's just 1-2 days.

Fair enough, I recall hearing that capture rewards were random from 2 to 4 without the skills, but I've never paid much attention.

We've moved to G Rank for anyone interested

65-8504-5803-5926
Pass: 8280

Yes. If someone forgets to eat, bring hot/cold drinks or some other hunt specific item, weather to cap or kill something, if someones being a fag and tripping you constantly, if you need 5 seconds to get phials to do an ultra on a sleeping monsters face as opposed to someone else setting off bombs with a barrel bomb S, and so forth. Using this threat isn't very convenient because it doesn't always update as soon as the post is made and can take a few minutes to show up and the ingame keyboard takes forever to use and has a 12 letter max or some bullshit. I also personally find it very convenient to have names attached to people you know are reliable as opposed to randoms with names in moonspeak you'd fail to recognize the next day.

In game messages can be used for all of those, in an eventual group I doubt anyone would be focusing on the chat rather than the game anyways.
We have so few people that it shouldn't be hard to recognize who is who. Only two have weeb names anyways

In game messages still have a max character limit and you only have so many slots so you can only say general things, plus no one fucking bothers to set them anyway from what I've seen.
When monsters leave an area/die you get plenty of time to look up for 2 seconds to see if anyone's said anything.

"cap pls" "kill pls" "forgot cold" "forgot hot" "ill wake it" all fit.
You have 3 sets of 24 messages(so 72), that's more than enough.
If they didn't set them they don't need/want them

There's preset messages for reminding people to bring drinks and for suggesting capture

Thanks again for hunts, take care user.

y-you too!

Post whaver
ID:45-8573-8536-7636
If you can't get into the tavern just say so.

Closing it down for now, if anyone wants to play just say so

New thread