Any good games where you can be evil? Proper evil I mean not morally gray but malevolent

Any good games where you can be evil? Proper evil I mean not morally gray but malevolent.

I've considered ME1 as renegade but I don't know if you can actually be evil not just a lazy and impulsive faggot. Even games like Black&White or Evil Overlord are pretty boring since you're expected to do it.

Soul Nomad.

Alpha Protocol. You can kill every major character while being an unbelievably huge asshole in the process.

MGSV:TPP™ :^)

You can give money to Konami IRL too.

In Mass effect 1 and 2 renegade can be pretty cool, you use the Aliance autority to do what you please.

Theres also Fable TLC, 2 and Infamous 1 where you can be a cartoonish villain.

In the Force unleashed DLCs you can play as a sith and destroy the Star wars cannon killing important characters, but i think KOTOR and Jedi Academy do that a little better.

Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines

The more humanity you lose, the more intimidation and murder options you get. Just going on wholesale massacres and happily playing along with the ancient powerplays between the different factions while leeching all the gains you can get is entirely possible.

picked it up for cheap long afterwards because I heard anons talk about MGS and it was the only ones out on PC except re-vengeance

Started playing and it's like jumping into Legend of the Galactic heroes on episode 74

I didn't know that. I've always kept full humanity because of the bloodlust thing. Guess it's time to roll up a new character.

Guess I'll torrent ME1 then.

Is fable any good? Only played the first one a little at a friends house and the third one for about 4 hours before un-installing

Star Wars KotOR has one of my favorite evil moments, I don't want to spoil it if you haven't done it but basically you can have the most annoying character in the game killed by their best friend. S'pretty good.

Planescape: Torment has to be the only game where I was actually disgusted with the evil choices.

But you can play every other MGS game thanks to Youtube.

You mean let's plays? I've been thinking about that actually but I haven't found any good ones. Would love to find a channel that has a playtrough of all of them were the player actually knows a lot about and talks about the lore.

I think the primary problem with having an evil route, or a game built around an evil character, is that it is difficult to motivate the player to be a dick to people for no good reason.

I mean, yes, GTA lets you be a mass murdering sociopath, but the game is built around the player disrupting the gameworld and you never really much care about what you're doing, the feeling is always that you're in a playground full of toy soldiers or ants you can fuck with.

I think two important aspects that a game needs to address if they want to "sell" players on being evil are motivation and emotion. The player needs a proper context for why they're acting evil, or why they should choose the evil choice. Most of us aren't full blown sociopaths (or Jews, or niggers) so being a dick to some random stranger that did nothing to us comes across as juvenile and edgy, there's no weight to it, and IRL people that do evil shit rarely view themselves as evil, they usually have a whole list of very good (in their mind) reasons as to why they're doing what they are doing. To them it makes sense, to them they're the victim seeking to right a wrong.

The second aspect is emotion, and it ties into motivation. The player should care to be evil, not to get the "Evil Path" achievement but to truly immerse himself into the persona of the villain. I don't think many games actually manage to do that. The first that comes to mind is Spec Ops, the whole narrative is built around Walker justifying all the shit he does in the name of the greater good, while the real reason is his selfish wish to be the hero, and the player is a participant in all of this.

Embed is what you should watch then. Very well edited. Chunk out an hour or two per day.

SuperBunnyHop's "Critical Close-up" videos are good at explaining the meta aspects of the games. His voice is a little annoying to me but they're good content.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lore until you've seen the games stories at face value first.

No, I meant that MGS games are heavy on cutscenes.

by that logic. hatred is a good example of this then.

How is it a good example? You have no real motivation to go and kill random people except the fact the game is built around it. There isn't even enough gore and gratuitous violence to act as a "reward".

The game even opens up with the character outright saying his name, identity and motivation are not important.

Should've recognized the most common joke about the game

Thanks man, I've only seen anons talk about it and that speech from the ending of MGS 2 about removing useless info and culture

I think you really hit the nail on the head there. It's why I've never really seen the pleasure of just mindless slaughter on the New Vegas strip. Maybe if you're with the legion but you can't even mount their heads on a pike.

In Tomb Raider Legend you are the biggest cunt on earth.
Braid is linda about that, despite having a pretentious story.
Bleed is about murdering the greatest heroes of all time to stand at the top. Add No More Heroes there as well.
Fable lets you be evil, so does KOTOR.
In Dark Messiah of Might and Magic you can rule the world or destroy it. 3 out of four endings in the game are evil endings.
Infamous 1 and 2 you can be evil, even though in 2 it gets a lot more morally gray. In 1 you are just a psychopath.
The Void has some tough moral choices, but I'm not sure I would call Brothers evil, it's just how they are.

The first one is good, the second one is more like a tech demo with a very watered down combat, i suggest sticking with TLC only

New Vegas. It's not as flashy but holy shit can you JUST the entire Mojave.

Being Sith in KotOR is sole reason I don't say SW is absolute garbage.
It is a shame how nowadays they don't include option of being so bad in games that you are actually feeling sick.

This is the best part.
These are vidya. Stories are just to do what you are not supposed to do in real life. If it will present a results of what you did, it is just better. Especially when you look at results and actually regret doing this.

I remembered killing these few infected in KotOR when you get to under city for over a 15 years because I actually remembered how horrible it was. I still remember how I bad I felt when any of my companions left me because of my decisions.
This is what great game story looks like.

Oh, to be underage again.

Never was that interested in Star Wars. I didn't see the trilogy before I was in my late teens. Ep.1 was the first Star Wars movie I saw and also the first movie I fell asleep watching. I considered them lovingly crafted and well made Sci-fi B-movies with a cult following.

Is the extended universe any good?

Some of it. Most of it ranges between "mediocre" and "what the fuck is this retarded shit".

In fact I was.
I also never actually said writing was great. I said this is how you are supposed to write stories in games. You have a lot of choices that are prevalent through entire game. Something you did 10h ago still have impact on the game in some way.
It also gives you not 'deep' but a lot of moral choices. You wanna kills someone? You actually can do it, just be prepared that usually you will be the one to die.

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Depends.

Some of it is pretty good. The Thrawn trilogy of books is fairly interesting and pretty much the foundation upon which the rest of the EU rests upon. Most of the quality stuff can be found in games and comics, the books mostly being forgettable trash.

The space sims (the two X-Wings, TIE Fighter especially and Balance of Power) are pretty good. They straddle the line between simulator and game masterfully and fully immerse you in the Star Wars experience. Bonus points for TIE Fighter for showing the Empire in a more benign light.

In terms of FPS, Republic Commando is pretty fun, it's basically Ninja Turtles in Space and with homicidal tendencies. The Jedi Outcast games are also great, though you might want to skip right to Jedi Outcast, they also feature the best saber fighting of any SW game.

For strategy the pickings are fairly slim. You have Empire at War, which is fun for a while, but definitely lacks depth, it has a very active modding scene though. Galactic Battlegrounds is a reskin of Age of Empires 2 and is fairly good for what it is.

In terms of RPGs you have KOTOR. The first one is fairly mediocre, but the second one has some of the best and deepest writing on any Star Wars game. It really does go the extra mile to explore the philosophies behind Jedi and Sith, just get the mod that restores the cut content as the game was released fairly unfinished.

Then there's Star Wars Episode I: Racer if you want racing and Rogue Squadron if you want a more arcade experience when it comes to flying.

Both Clone Wars cartoons are very good (though the CGI one ranges from mediocre to great), avoid Rebels, it's shit. Be sure to read Purge and the recent Vader comic because they're about Vader being a badass and shoahing the Jews and space Marxists at every turn.

My point is that KOTOR choices boiled down to "lawful stupid" and "edgelord". I didn't feel sorry for anyone because I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. I even forced myself to play the game through as a bad guy, picking all the evil choices, and it all falls flat. There is no motivation for any of it, there is no special reward for being evil, you're just being a dick to be a dick.

Now, a game where you get to play as the Practical Reincarnation from PST could be very interesting. What I'm trying to say is that you can't just give players evil choices that are about making him feel bad. If I wanted to whip myself I'd just be Holla Forums, the point of an evil route would be to put things in a different context, a great evil route would fool the player into doing evil without him even realizing he was doing it.

KOTOR does neither of those, you're just a cunt for the sake of it, like in every other BioWare game. I half suspect they put the evil route in there just so they can pretend their games have choices in them, because they sure as fuck never bother making the evil choices feel either satisfying or deep.

Thinking back I have some fond memories of Star Wars games I'd forgotten.

I remember playing an AoE 2 clone with a Star Wars skin with a friend growing up. Also remember playing the pod-racer game for N64 with a cousin complete with the Holla Forums-tier gay sleepover shit.

Also had real fun playing Battlegrounds(?) with a neighboring kid. He was a real cunt not just to me but his pretty timid younger brother as well but there was barely any other kids in the neighborhood and his parents spoiled him rotten with vidya. There was times they started fighting and one the older brother threw him onto the bed and started choking him.

I later found out his parents were basically just living together and the marriage had been more than dead for ages. His dad was on business trips all the time and I remember them sleeping in different beds on different floors of the house. After we grew up my sister told me his mum had been dragging home 20-year olds to fuck, probably while drunk.

Fucking weird the shit you remember when you look back on your childhood with adult eyes.

Some of it's good. Most of it's shit.

Most of the good stuff has been retconned.

Mask of the Betrayer.

This is why most villain-protagonist games which don't make you play as a noble, honourable villain type use humour to make everything seem less horrible.

You don't feel shitty when doing evil stuff when it's played off as a joke. You just feel slightly dickish and can enjoy the power fantasy.

The Sims.

few actually do it well, in most you're just a cunt

also this

Why do all games that center on evil have to be so cartoony?

PS:T has some or the most sadistic and malevolent moments in gaming. The sheer cruelty and evil of what you can do in this game is, as far as I know, unmatched.

Another pretty good one. Shame about WotC meddling and fucking up the endings though.

Playing Hearts of Iron as the germans or nips should probably qualify at some level. Hell, even the allies with the soviets in particular deserve mention.

Do expand on this

I'd love to hear it as well but explain the concept rather than the story or use spoilers

Man even being an evil dick is a lost art, both MEA and Cisquisition don't let you be an evil asshole at all.

Anyways, nice bait there friend

top edge bub

It's as far as Saturday morning cartoon villains as it gets. Imagine knowing a person inside and out and doing the most horrific thing that could be done to that person. And sometimes the way it's presented is strangely reasonable, be it for trades, power or payback. While there are a few acts of cruelty "just because", most of them have a form of depth attached to them.

Best thing about the game is that everything fits into the narrative, too. PS:T is regarded as a masterpiece for many reasons and the evil options are part of the reason why.

I wish the game were finished.

The ending to Jade Empire has you do some evil shit to gain power and become the new emperor. But you still have to play Jade Empire, so it might not be worth it.

Planescape's evil is SPECIFIC rather than general. By that I mean a lot of "evil" in games is just kill him, steal from him, hurt him for no reason. It's not rally about the people you are doing it to, its just about the evil you commit in general.

In planescape you can learn about someone over 50 hours. Really get into the depths of their soul and the very fabric of their being (which is only possible because of the writing) and choose to do the single most cruel thing to that person that your could possibly imagine. Things a thousand times worse than death. Things that are attacks on the ESSENCE of what they are and everything they represent and they are irreversible. You have destroyed them forever. They may live and breath, but every waking moment afterwards is endless pain until the day they die and that is if you let them die you son of a bitch.

Other games are "evil" like GTA is "evil" Just a big bully who doesn't care and hurts people in his way by killing them or starving them or whatever.

Planescape: Torment lets you roleplay Satan himself as he spreads pain of the soul in specific and intimate ways.

oh boy, I've replayed torment every year for like the past 5 years and I still can't stomach a full evil run.

Its a fucking game, nigger, if the objective is to rape the little girl in the village in front of her mother, to level up, you better fucking do it.

What a smug weeb faggot with shit opinion.

You really should just buy a PS3 on the cheap and buy the legacy collection.

Fallout 1/2/3/NV, 3 is the weakest of the bunch being Bethesdashit but they do actually put quite a bit of effort into letting you be a cartoonishly villainous person. You can sell children into slavery, nuke a town, sabotage the water purifier with poison, etc.

The other games let you take it even further. You can literally murder every single person in the Mojave save for one robot if that's what you want to do.

Is it similar to something like Theon "Reek" Greyjoy from Game of Thrones? Apart of course from actually doing it to someone you like that trusts you?

I've never watched or read Game of Thrones.

Describe the situation?

You can mark anyone in 3 as killable with mods.

Disgusting.

The character is tortured mentally and physically until he's essentially mindbroken into a slave. It goes on for a long time and the torturer plays mind-games to find out as much as possible about Theons psyche and personality to completely crush and brainwash him. It's hard to get across in words just how obedient and broken he becomes.

Honestly minus the "OW THE EDGE" things Shepard says in Renegade during the ME series, alot of the things he does and says seem somewhat understandable sometimes, and more understandable than Paragon at times too.
But then again, Bioware's views of morality have never been the greatest.

Hatred

Hitman

Morrowind

Other games, you meet with a god and he tells you how to kill another god. In Morrowind, you can decide he's a piece of a shit and wipe out the entire pantheon with your bare hands.

Any specific examples? Spoiler them if you want. I've played PS:T but I don't remember any of this stuff you guys are talking about.

MB warband

You're pretty much always murdering "bad" guys in Hitman, aren't you?

This is off the top of my head.
>Deionarra. She was a soothsayer. She believed that TNO was on love with her, but instead manipulated into being killed, her spirit stuck in the fortress of regret. She was also blind to the fact that TNO abused the rest of the party.

Oh wait, you said good games.
Sorry, I'm drawing a blank.

sorry but no niggers are allowed here and undertale was a good game :^))))))

(checked)
Thanks, that brings some of it back. Especially the bit about Morte and the Pillar of Skulls.

If you obtain a particular magic tome, you can sacrifice one of your allies for power, or sell one of them into slavery for even more power. Made particularly cruel for Grace, who actually used to be a slave, and Dak'kon, whose entire race were once slaves of the illithids.

You can release Coaxmetal from the Siege Tower with the Modron Cube, simultaneously unleashing a massive force of destruction on the planes, while also damning any Modrons who were still in the Cube's pocket dimension.

you can feed one of your allies to the Pillar of Skulls in exchange for information, condemning them to eternal damnation for the sin of believing you were their friend.

When you find Trias the second time you're in Curst, you can allow him to continue on his crusade to bring the Blood War to the Heavens, dragging countless innocent souls into a cosmic bloodbath for the sake of vengeance.

Fhjull Forked-Tongue has been magically sworn to give charity to anyone who asks for it. Because of this, you can effectively rob him blind of all his most treasured possessions, while he has to grin and bear it, and after you are done, you can murder him in cold blood for good measure while he isn't even able to properly defend himself,

You can continue your previous incarnation's abuse of Deionarra by manipulating her into giving you aid, even lying about loving her until you shatter her hopes of reunion once more.

just to name a few, the thing is its that kind of evil that's more like 'psycopathic' evil than your regular cartoon bad guy evil. you do legit evil stuff to people who legit care about you.

I would recomend doing a full evil run, and at the same time I would totally recomend avoiding it

Tyranny. You're kind of expected to be evil, but you can go from eating babies evil to pragmatic but merciful yet still evil. You also have other options. For the price tag I still think its a bit much, but if it goes for 50% off or more I would recommend picking it up.

You forgot to mention you get to become honest to God Elder Evil, and leave the Great Wheel cosmology not after slaughtering Countless Deities.

D&D Choatic Evil is the fucking best Evil, if every game let me become a Great Old One, I'd always pick that ending above all, leaving misery, madness and corruption in my wake, all for following the true rules of Nature, Tharizdun style.

planescape is such a retarded shit-setting

What comic is that?

you'd still be a lil bullied school bitch though

Weakest bait I've seen in months.

ME trilogy is pretty good. There's one point in the first game where you can expose an undercover agent investigating a corrupt executive, and let them kill each other while you casually stand outside the room.

The DnD series that came out with 4e. It's really good. Especially the page directly after that one.

Killzone you play as the bad guys

Saints Row, particularly 2. There's still some of it in 3, 4 drops it almost entirely.

Mass Effect only lets you go as far as "hero who's kind of a dick", and the larger-scale renegade choices aren't even that dickish. It would have been interesting if Bioware had stuck with ME1's setup and let you play a human supremacist throughout the whole series, but even that wouldn't have been evil.

There are a lot of places in ME2 in particular where the Renegade choice is objectively correct and if you don't do it you're a faggot (Tuchanka is full of this). The Renegade persuasion options are also usually better than the Paragon equivalents.

Evil options always seem to be the worst and have no real benefit to the player. Most of the time the good option can be taken through serious discussions and just resolving an issue rather than murdering everyone. I also find it double hard to be evil in games with good writing or enjoyable characters since I don't want to see those people fail. KOTOR is the only game I went full Dark Side Sith because I hated everyone in that game, the payoff was pretty good where you ruse the entire Jedi/Republic into a trap.

…user, you're quoting word by word the Tv tropes Nightmare Fuel Page.

Isn't that game pozzed as fuck?

don't cuck me now

Probably? The heck s pozzed?
I know Tyranny was made after Obsidian started leaning cuck with PoE, but I didn't see anything too blatant after character creation.

The game is called Tranny, what do you think?

This is great. I don't have access to reverse image search right now, what's the source?

I want to cum in Ashi

you found the chink in my armor etc

Posting such imagery is worthy of jailtime for obscenity.

I just bought Hard West, and so far it was this:
Though gameplay is pretty fun, even though it's still one of those nuXCOM-like turn-based tactics with two action points and unlimited ammo.

I was pleasantly surprised by Hard West, pretty solid game if you're into XCOM style combat.

I really wish you could persuade more of your crew to join you in a Dark Side ending of KOTOR. Juhani should be a piece of cake, since she went Dark Side on her own and she wants to fuck you if you're a woman. Both Mission and not-Chewbacca defer to you on big moral choices during sidequests. Why can't you convince them that it's best for the galaxy if you take over the Star Forge?

THAT'S RACIST

YOU'RE LAUGHING AT RACISM

Weird thing, since sparing Trias life is actually a "good" action (it counts as a chaotic good action for some reason.). Thankfully if you have Vhalor in your party, you can spare Trias and Vhalor will kill him anyways.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is pretty good for that. Morality is based entirely on how honorable you are (ie. killing NPCs/animals that aren't aggressive towards you and failing missions that you swore to complete) and all it does is give a % chance to get a stat penalty on death if it is too low. Whether what you do is just or not has very little bearing on the mission itself, meaning you can do whatever you want. For example in the tutorial level, if you shoot the guy you are supposed to talk to at the end of the level in order to finish the mission, then the game will let you progress anyway. Also the vast majority of non-Secreta NPCs give you the option to tell them in advance that you are going to murder them so that it wouldn't count as an immoral act when you do, even if you have absolutely no reason whatsoever to want them dead.

Yeh, pretty much this. Stealing shit from peasants is what constituted being evil for the majority of human history.

Nice try George.

Dwarf Fortress comes to mind. You can do some pretty fucked up stuff in that, especially with mods. Even in just the base game, mermaid milk comes to mind.

How is it edge when he's right? Germans were the good guys in WW2. Supporting the Allies is edgy since they were the bad guys.

I can't find the picture with Holla Forums's tranny BO so just pretend I replied with that. Hi Holla Forums!
or nice bait