Is this the biggest running joke on the gaming industry?

Are americans this retarded, or i was left out of the joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/914118/39d013fdb4/?p=4
dsogaming.com/news/amd-may-have-leaked-halo-3-for-the-pc-artwork-showcased-during-its-korea-r5-launch-event/
youtube.com/watch?v=ByTbo-iCCFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You were left out of the joke, as you always were in your life.

A week ago I played Halo 3 for the first time and I must agree. As far as the campaign is concerned the game is putrid shit.

Thank god

I got a 360 from a friend and tried out 3 and 4. I couldnt believe how fucking bad these games are, lol

It may of made consolising games the big thing, but CE and 2 were amazing games compared to what was being put out at the time.

It's cool to hate on 4 and 5, but 1 and 2 were amazing back on release, and everyone only liked 3 for armour customising in MP and finishing the story off.

Kid, i play FPS games since UT 99. This garbage would never ever be considered "insanely fresh" by anyone not being paid to do so.

nigga you're a year older than halo fags lmao sit down faggot

God bless em

0/10, bait harder.

You are nothing

I've only played the first Halo on PC and I have to agree the level design is fucking awful. The game looked pretty nice for its time but the weapon variety was severely lacking. The two weapon limit didn't help pretty much forcing you to use the best weapons and never change.

You have to remember the people who liked this game were kids who were still in middle school when their mom bought them a 360, the whole 'Baby first FPS' thing is not a joke.

I'll give you halo 4 and 5
But you're a nigger if you can't appreciate the bungie halo games.

It's called retrospective. Whenever you make something don't you look back at it and go "Yeah that's shit coulda done this this and this instead of that."

That's a flimsy argument on par with whatever drivel comes from leftists when trying to defend their shirt arguments

in what the current situation or game?

It's really hard to do it if they are remastered in the MCC, especially Halo 2, that game got fucked up, even the first one is a mess

insecure?

So they're good because they did something that no one else did?

Marathon was a good series.

No I'm going by the fact that most leftists go straight for insults instead of facts, it's an appeal to emotion and not really an argument.

Not sure why anybody took ME seriously after the 2nd one. People generally think the series became a joke with 3 but 2 tore out the soul of the original to become another cover shooter and has the most anticlimactic, payoff-less story in video games.

looks like i was right.

Wrong thread, there are like 4 on the catalog jerking mass effect 1 already

Marketing.

I remember a classmate of mine crying while watching that "Believe" trailer they did with the fake elderly war veteran.

Arena autists need to GTFO already.

I am 27 years old and I have always liked Halo. I can appreciate the fact that it went for a completely different style to everything before and since then. There really aren't any other games like the Halo games.

Untill H:O gets the same level of server support and customization in content as HCE why?

The Halo 1 Anniversary remaster whatever always looked so fucking ugly to me. It was really cool that they left the underlying game code exactly the same (right down to well known bugs/exploits) and to prove it you could swap back and forth between the two graphics at any time, but man the new shit is unbearable.

It's like instead of going back to the original artwork that the models and stuff were made from and just remaking them with higher fidelity, they had to go full retard and add design elements into them that never fucking existed.

One of the main issues with the remaster, is all the hitboxes still use the old models.
That and they didn't give a shit for GPU capping out with halo 2.

This is the fastest I've seen an OP torpedo his own thread in a long time.

Don't you know where you are OP? We all joked about Holla Forums defending Halo in 10 years and here we are now.

I love that OP forgot he's among 40-year-old autistic burnouts here instead of the 14-year-old tryhards on cuckchan.

You kidding? It took him an hour and a half.

Thanks user, I needed that.

Not sure if OP or mfw when OP

nigger I was connecting coax to my T piece on my 10base2 thinnet NIC to play doom and the brand new doom2 on 386's and 486DX's.

Thanks for the laughs OP, keep up the good work buddy

no seriously, sauce

That better not be your fursona you massive faggotexhentai.org/g/914118/39d013fdb4/?p=4

Jesus OP, thanks for the laughs

nah I'm not that guy, I just liked his pic
thanks, turns out I already had it bookmarked, just haven't gotten around to reading the whole thing

The Master Chief collection? It was shit, yeah.
The art style was trash for most things, and the live action for 2 was just weird. Multiplayer was fucked all around.

Halo 3 had a weak-as-fuck campaign, what was made up in the multiplayer being one of the best in the series. If not the best, frankly.

I sure got my answer, people that play this crap lack basic interpretation skills. So pretty much, Halo is a franchise for meantally handicapped people.

Just to spoonfeed these retards, the mongoloid i quoted was talking about back then like i had no idea about old FPS games standards, its that fucking simple. Now you braindead morons can quote me with memes and animu images to desperately try to save face, you arent fooling anyone, you are all retarded.

Fuck you, man, Halo was pretty neat. First one's campaign was damn well awesome. Level design might've been dull when you actually thought about it, but because of the beauty of most everything, it kind of carried through. This coupled with decent gunplay and fun, varied enemies let me continue through without ever running into an issue. Only time there was, was the library, where you're fighting one single type.
That said, even there it wasn't that big an issue. The map there was simple as fuck, but because of the flood's style of attack, it didn't really matter a ton.

Sure thing buddy.

Whoa there, grandpa

You know, I want to like this show. But on top of having the dragon be just a boring little girl most the time, whenever she's an actual dragon, she looks like a disgusting fucking lardass.
I may be a dragonfucker, but I've got some standards.

Better than reach?

Agreed, uncharted is pure shit.

Agreed, persona is pure shit.

The first and second Halo had funnier multiplayer-maps.

Agreed, Killzone is pure shit.

Agreed, melee is pure shit.

Agreed, zelda is pure shit.

Agreed, Mario is pure shit.

It was way better than Halo 2.

Agreed, mgs is pure shit.

The story itself was meh, but you cannot say the gameplay wasn't fun. I loved the huge levels like The Ark and The Covenant.

Also Halo 3 MP is arguably the best of any console shooter

I feel that I've missed out on something wonderful.

FUCK YEAH POWER OF SEVEN

Sure thing OP

seems he was on point

Halo 3 will be announced for pc at e3

Halos SP loses all value after CE and 2 but the game is pretty much carried by the OST. Level design is fairly bland and there are tons of auto strollers where you just wait.

Its MP stopped being fun with 3 unfortunately, I'm still sad 5 is awful even though it probably has the best game play of the batch but the map design is horrifying bad with all the focus on the PVE crap.

Pretty much confirmed
dsogaming.com/news/amd-may-have-leaked-halo-3-for-the-pc-artwork-showcased-during-its-korea-r5-launch-event/

Might be enoyable, I'll finally finish the main storyline at least.
It ain't worse than 2, thats for sure.

The community here had been completely diluted, this faggot is actually calling OP a faggot when hes right while posting this awful fucking show thats posted everywhere due ro moefags.

Halo 2 was the first real online game I played. It was always about the MP. Back then, people actually used mics. Big team battles played out like an actual episode of Red vs Blue. I've yet to have a comparable experience in another online game.

calling it now, H3PC will if ever released be W10 exclusive no HEK and a god awful version of GFWL shoved right in.

Stop hoping it's already over

Came in to post exactly this. I refuse to "upgrade" to an objectively shit OS just to play a video game, even if it's one I had fun with years ago. There's no excuse for this shit.

Depends if its a port or a Remaster for the Xbone/Scorpio.
If its the first theres a high chance it will be on Steam and other OSs since Microshaft has ported older games there.

Okay grandpa, it's time for bed.

And it will be ported to a not shit OS within days, just like Halo 2 Vista.

you typed this out, reflect on this

No one could be more wrong.

Halo 1 & 2 were comfy games you played with your friends. Unless you were an adult with a job, your PC was probably ass in the years 2001-2004. With Halo, all you needed was one friend who wasn't a poorfag and suddenly you could play splitscreen on the weekends, and that was pretty neat.

Does that excuse Halo for being design-wise inferior to computer FPS games of the same era? Not really. But it worked, the entry cost to play it was relatively low compared to PC gaming if you look at the cost of 2-4 PCs versus one Xbox and 2-4 controllers.

Otherwise I agree, the new Halo games are generally ass and Bungie/343 has milked them harder than Nintendo has milked Pokemon. The only modern Halo game I actually enjoy is Reach, and that's for the multiplayer shenanigans.

Yes Halo is a fucking joke and anyone who says other wise is a console kiddie faggot and or some dude bro who thinks his opinion matters. But I wouldn't expect any type of criticism for it because this place is cuckchan 2.0

Reach gets a decent amount of hate for story retcons and armor abilities, but it was also by far the most expansive Halo game of the series. A sizable campaign, more multiplayer modes/maps than any other game in the series, updated Firefight mode, and tons of customization options. It was a good way for Bungie to leave the series by incorporating basically everything from the previous decade into one game.

And then 343 had to go and fuck it up. At least that took away the last shred of a reason I could ever have had to buy an Xbone, so I guess I can thank them for saving me a few hundred bucks.

Not at all. The Xbox itself had better shooters.

Good job Mark, you did a great job preventing this.
OH WAIT

Why can't I just like both Quake AND Halo? Nobody complains about UT even though it has pretty much the same differences as Halo vs quake.
I don't get it man. People are complaining about a game like Halo, which is pretty alright but isn't spectacular, when the average person is playing shit like nuDOOM and Fallout 4, Battlefield 1, Battlefront, Ass Erect Andromeda. Shit that isn't even "not bad" it's just bad and insulting to fans of the originals.

Holla Forums needs to get their priorities straight. We're in an industry where the only games to try something different every year is fucking call of duty.

UT is great, Halo is a severely worsened version of UT. Not a difficult concept. D44M also shits on Halo on fundamentals alone.

We shit on those too, we just don't have those normal faggots bringing those up to the board trying to pretend their casual console FPS is actually good luckily enough, Halobabies just don't get a hint.

Cause Quake is amazing and Halo is total console fps garbage.
Get the fuck out.

They're both just as slow, have similar map structure and some maps have vehicles.
The only real difference is how many weapons you can hold at once. Leading UT to be more resource based.
Listen, I think UT is the better than Halo, but to just dismiss every single person that likes Halo as any different than fans of UT is fucking of ridiculous. Sure, Halo was popular with dude-bro normalfags, but occasionally good games get popular with normalfags, it happens. Souls games are popular as shit with normalfags right now, doesn't mean I didn't love Demon's Souls.

False.

Just stop dude, you can like Halo all you want, but just stop posting and lurk more.

I'm curious if half of the people ITT have played Halo 3 customs/matchmaking let alone any part of the game. Shit was golden with the mix of gametypes

Both the repetitive level design and lack of weapon and enemey variety is fixed in all the sequels. I love the series but CE's campaign is tedious as fuck due to those.

UT is faster but he's right about map design, the early Halo games are basically just a slower UT.

Halo 3 is a step down from 2 in almost every way

u wot, CE's MCC port is the best version of the game as far as the campaign goes, digital foundry did an hour long breakdown of the original xbox game, the PC port, the 360 CEA, and it. Halo 2's remake is also fine.

Good thing you can just play with the old graphics but still have the higher resolution and framerate then.

Halo 5's MP and forge are actually god tier, but the single player is ass and it has no splitscreen

brrrt
brrrt
brrrt

Forge you have to work with what's given to you, HEK allowed you to not just populate a bsp but make your own, light it the way you wanted.

HCE will always stand as a testament to how custom content for Halo should be. Also posting sev's footage from the HCE gamenight

Reach armor is toptier

i dont think any of you guys are good at halo and thats where the bitterness comes from

BUT CAN YOU DRIVE A ROCK?
FOR MILES?

You know I need to see if Sev will do this. he says he's trying to get his HEK working again. make a simple blood gulch mod where the rocks are driveable

fuck u retard, i've been playing since battlezone. challenge me, dumb nigger

I feel like halo 3 had the best campaign just for the sheer amount of variation in environments and scenarios. It really felt like the finale of the series. Also…
TWO SCARABS! I REPEAT TWO SCARABS!

Halo 5's forge is legimately almost a mod tool by this point, it's got limited texture editing, scripting, weather and volumetric effects, placeable sound and graphical effects like sparks, creatable and savable prefabs, etc.

This guy gets it, Isaac Hannaford is fucking based

Still can't make BSPs, import custom wepaons, BSPs, HUds, vehicles, bipeds, ETC.

Not to mention it's the atrocious H5 style for armors

Tried it at a friends house a few years back expecting something to blow the pants off my proverbial ass. I felt the graphics were very pretty and absolutely pushed the 360 to its limit but the game is just so fucking boring.

that was really cool, thanks user

You what, Halo 3 only came out a year or so after the 360 did. It looks good and holds up but it doesn't look that good. You sure you aren't thinking of Halo 4? Because 4 has near 8th gen lighting and volumetric effects, and has shit tecture resolution to compensate.

Would also explain why ou thought it was so boring

I always try to make my A-team on nu xcom look like Noble team

Perhaps we played both and I'm simply confused graphically. I still do remember disliking three though. It didn't feel soulless or as if there was nothing there, I'll say that much. I simply felt I'd played so many better games that it couldn't compare.

Even the kind of consoletard that browses ign has been jaded by this kind of stuff. If you go to a consoletard forum like ign or gamefaqs you'll actually see them shitting on much of the shit games even Holla Forums shits on. "games" like halo are pandering to the kind of utracasual that is still unwieldy with a controller, because the people behind them already fucked over all other audiences.

for us it was just plain Marathon (I think we had the M2 demo for netplay eventually), but yeah, that was some good times.

Halo revolutionised FPS games:

Hey nigger, those all-american Xbox consoles aren't gonna sell themselves. Buy american.

Why did microsoft and bungie deliberately try to tank Halo on pc with one of the worst pc ports ever made?

You seem to have missed the punchline, he thinks he's something special because he's been gaymen for 18 years.
I have no idea what the average age here is but I know I'm nowhere near the oldest and wouldn't use my age as an argument despite 27 years of PC gaymen.

I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not, it was so long after the XB release I can't see a shit port selling more units and I think it was just a case of giving the devs $15 and 3 days to port it.

I replayed Halo 2 when they released the MCC, the athmosphere was great but I feel like the campaign was too long and at one point if felt like a chore.

it was ported by gearbox

In that case it wouldn't have mattered if they had $15m and 3 years it still would have been shit.

I always wondered about this. I never understood why Halo is so popular, because from all I've seen everything about it is incredibly mediocre and bland. What's the big deal?

First console MP FPS to get a fuckload of marketing behind it. As we see all the time if you spend enough on marketing you can sell anything.

Eh, Halo was good stuff. Certainly not original at any point of its life cycle, and plenty of problems between the lot of them, but fun nonetheless.

Don't think there's much they can do to recover from 5 though

doesn't help H3 was going to have real time lighting but the engine they used in the H3 Beta couldn't run properly so they had to redo it which lead to the armors and guns looking like plastic

there is Aelph one which is the games made to run on modern systems. How many old games are fixed up to run on modenr systems that don't just get packaged with DOSbox and called "done"

youtube.com/watch?v=ByTbo-iCCFg

Daily reminder that SPV3 is 50% finished but still 100% fucking awesome, and alleviates most of the gripes I and others have had regarding the Halo CE singleplayer.

But Buck is no longer ODST in Halo 5, he is some form of hybrid of spartan and odst unit, oddly enough his armor is the only one that doesn't look like shit on that game

No, he's just a normal Spartan 4.

tell me about buck why does he wear the ODST helmet when he is a Spartan 4

Technically, it's Helljumper armor, which is just based on ODST armor. Also, ODST armor itself, at least the version you see in Halo 3/odst/4/5, is based on prototype MJOLNIR gear and there's MJOLNIR compatible ODST armor for SPARTAN's to use if they want.

t. lorefag