Robot games

So some faggot made a thread I'm also interested in and then deleted it because I dunno.
Basically I want a good single-player mech game for pc that isn't 5 years or more old.
I am aware of MWLL, but I want to play through campaign, or story, or something, not just arena shooter/sim.
Both weeb and tanky mechs are welcome as long as the actually walk, not just fly as jets with purely cosmetic legs.

I guess I'll have to keep suffering through "not quite right" shit.
Oh well.

Might as well bump

Bump for robooots

Apparently there are no robots left in games.

Brigador is the only thing coming to mind right now. It's pretty much the SNES' Battletech game on PC with customizable mechs, loads of weapons, vehicles and a mercenary mode and loads of lore.

Also, if you liked ZoE give Project Nimbus a try. Yeah, it's not walking, stompy mechs but the gameplay is good. Just watch out for UE3 fucking up as usual.

Ain't touching EA games. It's no my radar since its greenlight though.

I vaguely remember the name, will check out.

Yeah, I kind of regret getting it, but then every time they ship out and update I forget I regret getting it.

It's pretty much the 80's dystopian future mixed with Battletech and a lot of good music.
It also comes with an audiobook that gives you a bit more info on why things happen in the game.

Sort of off-topic, but has anyone played Hawken, is it worth trying out? As for OP's question I don't really have any suggestions. Project Nimbus and Brigador are the only ones I can think of at the moment, and they were already mentioned.

I guess there's Titanfall 2's single player campaign, but I haven't played it myself so I don't know if it's good or not.

Is the Vifam game any good?

Where are the robot games that aren't futuristic but have more contemporary designs.

Steel Lancer Arena International

hawken is dead and it was just another cod clone aways

tfw Lost Planet 2 hits you right in the perfect spot for a robot game

tfw literally no other game comes close to matching the perfect balance between on-foot combat and mounted VS combat

lost planet 3 would be a good game if it wasn't forced out to compete with dead space 3

There is so fucking much they could do with LP2
But it's permanently binned because retard devs had to fuck with the perfect VS/On-foot formula.

Such simple fucking mech design too.
Deeply saddening that we'll never get anything like it again.

I would give $40 dollars for a new lost planet based on LP2 mechanics. It was absolutely genius to do the Start + anybutton = emote and the controls for the mechs where amazing too.

I know that feel.

The mech design was so fucking great, too.

GTF-11 and GAH42-BS were the best

Ex Troopers was the last Lost Planet game. It was good in its own regard. Basically MML3 we never were allowed to play on the system it was made for (vita), LP3 was made by some american hacks so it doesn't even qualify as being part of the series, just like the american castlevania and silent hill games.

EDF?

Holy fuck I didn't even know this existed

I mean having a balance between fighting on foot and fighting in a VS

Like a skilled dude on foot can easily wreck a guy in a VS if he knows how.

Too bad they screwed over the game on PC with GFWL. seriously when will retarded Nips learn?

the one on the super famicom?

I heard that shit even simulates gravitational pull. I need to try it. Vifam was a good show

Ironically enough they managed to remove GFWL from RE5 but left it in LP2

I thought that it was deleted by natural causes? I think I know which thread you are talking about, I`l upload my copy of the thread soonish.

That is of course if I can find it.

I thought that type had arms and only one gun? With the trade off being that they can use grenades as well as a bigger gun.

I don`t remember the thread number and program history isn't helping one bit.

Anyway do some faggots want to play the PC version of Lost Planet 2?

There are 2 versions.
The GAH-42BS "Bleed" is the one with arms, that can punch, use melee weapons, throw grenades with one VS weapon.

The GAH-41BSL "Baylid" is a stripped down version of the Bleed that removes the arms and melee capabilities in favor of having two VS weapons.

Personally I prefer the Baylid due to its compact size.

Wish I could but my PC has been going to shit recently and probably can't run it anymore.

Also tfw its impossible to rip models and animations from lost Planet 2, so I can't put the Bleed/Baylid or the transforming Triseed into my VS mod for Ark: Survival Evolved.

The funny thing about Lost Planet is that it's one of the few games that actually gives a logical reason for Mechs to exist.
By all logistic accounts, tanks beat mechs in every field, from cost, maintenance, firepower, mechanical problems, heat dissipation, speed and terrain adaptation. In almost every setting you see a mech, it's there because it's cool, not because it makes any sense.

Lost Planet however had the Akrid, the jungle, snow and terrible conditions. All things that would destroy a tank or where it's poor maneuverability (compared to a mech) would lead to a scrap heap.
It's actually pretty cool and I wish more games actually bothered to include something that justifies the invention and use of mecha.

I know right it's fucking perfect.

My favorite part is that they're not fuckhuge Gundam sized mechas (unlike in Fucking Lost Planet 3 goddammit)

Its a fucking forklift with legs and some armor plates bolted on. A plausible walking tank.

They are also essentially walking suits used to carry heavy weapons.
Also they should have made Lost Planet 3 more like Starship Troopers with 256 player multiplayer fighting Akrid swarms

Bro imagine like a Planetside 2 style Lost Planet 2 MMO

My dream

Can you please die? Thanks.

Some american hacks? SOME american hacks?
They're Spark Unlimited, masters of shitting out low quality trash.
Thank god that studio is no more.

You first, you milksop manlet.

eve online only good part is it's pvp side, maybe if you stopped playing shitty theme park mmos you'd realize what fun really is

the only good part of eve online is that you can never touch in your life and be a better person for it

So I take it it's impossible to co-op PL2 on PC at this point?

if you fix it by following the guide on the steam forum but good luck because it didn't work for me

yes you can. Just use the fix in the forums and you are good to go. even works on W10

EDF!!!!

LP2 in a nutshell would have them all fumble the round.

I'm still working on an Armour Hunter Mellowlink inspired game. I just haven't implemented any robots yet.

(I mean shit I that or Ex-troopers 2 would be just fantastic and a good way for Crapcom to actually unfuck their mess)

I'm truly at home here
I know it's a given but this is why cuckchan will always be inferior

Hasn't been posted yet? For shame, Holla Forums.

It's too rad.

One of the best PS2 games ever.

Why do you have the running speed turned all the way up? Also, did you make that map yourself or are you using it from someone else

I'm genuinely interested in this user

LP1, 2 and 3 might as well been completely different games rather than sequels. They're all so different to each other.

Getting some real Divine Cybermancy vibes from that webm.

I've heard it is good, but I've never played it either.
I do know there's a bromance between the pilot and the robot, though.

Why does this robot have a vagina?

His fists look like Brazilians.

The basic premise seemed to be something similar to Blue Gender from the first game. A bit more logical than in BG as well because the bugs seem to absorb heat, so they could fuck over large colonies and cities, like the ones we see ruins of in game, by making an area too cold to inhabit.

Good luck.