Happy fifth birthday, Holla Forums

Happy fifth birthday, Holla Forums.

[VGS]

Holla Forums was a mistake.

Feels old man.

Has it really been that long?

Jewboy going to eat another whole cake in celebration?

I wish I could find that old screencap I have from really old halfchan days where one of the early posts was something along the lines of "fix Holla Forums" and the next post was a reply going "too late, it's shit", or something.

Starseige was better. You're all newfags.

Never 4Getti the Plebbit Spaghetti!

We will never go fast again in an FPS.

So, hows that midair game doing?

It can't possibly have already been a year yet.

Are you retarded or something

It came out in 2012, which was 5 years ago. If someone was born in 1992, their fifth birthday would be in 1997

The alpha was released near the end of March. Wikipedia says that the full release is going to be in Q4 of this year.

Nothing will ever compare to Tribes OC, the closest we've ever gotten is PS2 and that's not fun enough to warrant quality OC.

Man. Feels like I missed out on something great.

>ever since then we've loathed Reddit for reasons most posters can't (or won't) really identify with any clarity or depth
>it's been five years and we still haven't stopped screaming about being invaded by Reddit with little to no provocation when several migrations from Reddit, up to and including the initial Shazbowl migrations, have shown they acclimate just fine after an initial period of awkwardness and understand perfectly well the concept of "lurk moar"
>even Holla Forums's gotten in on that particular train with its own shit like "reddit spacing" cropping up at complete random, honestly they are more terrified and paranoid of Reddit than we ever were

Holla Forums is reddit and none of those faggots care about board culture, freedom of speech or fucking anything.

Its reddit the fucking board and I will never fucking accept a fucking redditors because like Canadian posters (most) and Swede and French posters (all) they are irredeemably shit.

Well now that's just utterly false. The entire culture of this place has thoroughly changed because of that kind of person NOT acclimating, whining about "It's not a secret club, I can do what I want!" and "acclimating" by displacing the original userbase with a large volume of similar individuals. They're the reason /vg/ was created back on halfchan, they're the reason Steam, other DRM, and things like DLC and paid online are accepted now, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that you yourself are originally from there as well.

Also, fuck any game that refuses to run with driver test mode enabled.

Would such a thing even be possible?

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head.

But it was created because Moot was a huge faggot and League of Legend generals, among others, were shitting up the front page.

Exactly.

Wait for the full release.

[VGTG]
RIP tribes:assend
it's too bad that hirez had to be cunts and ruin the game with biweekly weapon packs and nerfs right after players had to grind enough xp to buy a single item from the weapon pack, only to release a new weapon pack immediately after
RIP the good maps
RIP sanic speed
RIP having fun
and RIP the never ever linux port

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckshed/

t. BR

Like clockwork

Triggered is the new "U mad?"

Oh here we go, an fucking argument about simple shit that is observable to anyone with any memory of the Holla Forums in ages past.

You have a mod who has told you he hates you, and your board and wants it gone.
You are a big enough cuck you are either ignorant of this because you're new or you don't care.
Half of you are retarded Stormfags, you have meetups regularly and you have threads dedicated to this.

You ban anyone for not right thinking and steal reddit memes pawning them off as your own, which is ironic as hell because that's one of the main reasons people hate reddit.
But, seeing as many of you are FROM reddit I can understand why you don't see the problem with this.

You will demand screencaps, you will demand proof.
You probably won't even read this far before you start angrily mashing your hands into your keyboard to defend the board you identify your self worth with, despite only knowing for like 1-2 years, at most.
Then after proof is presented you will then try to claim the proof isn't good enough, no you need archives, oh no those aren't good archives, you need video recordings, oh no that isn't good enough, because you are a shill.

Its always fucking double downing, I cannot understand it, when a fucking kid was called out on Holla Forums or Holla Forums before 2011, they were called out, and fuckig went to lurking.

However you know you're full of shit, I know you're full of shit, but you will fucking remain to argue you with me about how I'm the outsider and your the native despite knowing absolute dogshit about this board or its history.

Fucking thanks for proving my point retard.

Looks like someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning.

What a waste of dubs.
The mods aren't Holla Forums, because if that were the case, Holla Forums would be comprised solely of coprophagic kike lovers that love to guzzle down SJW snail trails.

Suck a dick, faggot.

What a waste of quads.

Quads of truth

yeah, "if".

The reason I know you are new, is because the bar has been lowered before you first encountered this board.
Which means what is low quality and shitposting to older posters, is just fine and dandy for posters who don't know any better.

If you can go on Holla Forums and honestly say its a good board, with quality discussion then you can't be from here.
Its really as simple as that.

Holla Forums used to be amazing, the fucking golden child, pristine and pure in its rhetoric, heavenly in its ideologies.
Then some faggot came along and fucked it all up, and after events you're not familiar with, Holla Forums got influxed with a shitload of outsiders.
Ruining its culture, destroying its quality and slowly turning it to shit.

Now you want to bring your cancer here, and wonder why people don't want to put up with it after seeing this cycle happen with boards for the last 10+ years.

So many dubs.

How about you sit down and take a breather before you give yourself a heart attack, grandad.

Nah I'm having fun.

Get off my lawn.

You don't deserve those (You)s.

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your game of shuffleboard, I'll let you relics get back to your nostalgia of shitting in the outhouse and walking uphills both ways, barefoot, in the snow just to buy a pack of gum for a penny.

he warned you

I miss these hacks. Webms are great and all but they don't have the same charm.

I'm not saying everyone should be forced to play something from before the 90's, but I think it'd be a good place to start.

I don't completely agree with that user, but he was on the right track. Its growing pains that frequently show up when a sub-culture enter the main stream. Like movies, music, books ect.

That user is partially right. The main issue with telling faggots to fuck off is that the people doing it have to not be faggots. And nowadays they are, so we have nier/overwatch threads, reddit thinking they're welcome and hotpockets banning people for shitting on that one CS:GO thread some cuck made a few months ago. Other than that he's right and it already happened.

Quads of truth

Your spoiler is completely wrong.

I remember browsing Holla Forums and deciding to look at Holla Forums because of all that GG bullshit one time.
Fuck me.

has it really been 5 years?

i was technically underage when i first came here

It's alright, moot himself was underage when he made 4chan and so was I when I joined it. I'm guessing the no underage shit is mainly because this generation of kids is gay as fuck, 4chan's userbase has always been mostly underage but i'm not really sure if Holla Forums is the same.

Can't make this shit up.

b-but user, i'm literally gay

October 22nd 2013 was the launch, so no it hasn't been 5 years.
And yeah, I was underage when I first joined half-chan, needed to find places to trade those sweet sweet stones of jordan.

Sure, the threads are full of people obsessed with ass but one is at least decent, OW is 100% reddit and should be banned on site. It would be nice if they had a containment board like /sugen/

I can't believe it has been 4 years since I abandoned ship, i'm wasting my life shitposting here but I wouldn't want it to be anywhere else, I still even get called a newfag from time to time…I love you, ya obnoxious faggots.

There's no group of faggots i'd rather be stranded on a wasteland of a planet with.

You say that as though "muh secret club" hasn't been laughed at for years, especially in the context of /a/.
Every time "we'll be overrun" is brought up I always wonder why the moderation apparently doesn't exist in such a scenario seeing as if any of them break the rules or are notable faggots then they'd get their dumpy asses banned. Mark's a waste of space but he'd have to make a token effort to keep the board roughly the same since he climbs onto the anti-Reddit train himself once in a while when he needs to prove he's one of the guys.
You're trying to pin generals and the circlejerks surrounding them on Reddit? I guess /tg/ being spawned from Warhammer and other tabletop threads on ye olde Holla Forums and /vp/ being made because of the profuse amount of Pokemon threads that surround any release of those games are probably Reddit too then.
Redditors are responsible for horse armor and DRM
You even capped off your post by jumping your own shark.

I just want to one day end up in some anime MMO world with few people randomly selected from this site. With all of us being able to choose our appearance/race and one power/advantage.

Moral dilemmas connected to sex, age and bestiality would be rivaled only by what sick shit we will use our powers for.

I swear to fuck I'm going to wake up tomorrow and realize I'm actually 80 years old

There was a point in my teenage years where time just sped up, and it kept speeding up. If I blink too slow I might open my eyes and be on an asylum.

whos that in that picture? He looks familiar

to be a really weak devil's "advocate", one has to look at revenue charts to face the music:

videos games make more in revenue than movies, music, and literature combined. video games are a 21+ Billion USD industry, with no decrease in sight. however, with the still increasing scale, i'm sure that a niche for older games (that aren't necessarily generic puzzle-platformers) to become more viable.

wait what was I even replying ro

Is that gross profit or net profit though?
21 billion dollars is a lot, but it's worthless if it cost you 22 billion dollars to make it.

It's probably revenue, not profit.

That's even worse, revenue doesn't even count the cost of the merchandise, let alone the overhead that gets taken out of gross profit to arrive at net profit.

I was confused as fuck when I saw the thread in the catalog, and checked in to see the responses, but this site actually has been around for 5 years. Holy shit, I lost track of time.

Anyway, I was never a super oldfag of imageboards or anything, but I miss how the internet as a whole used to be particularly during the late 90s/early 00s. Mostly just a lot of outcasts making obscure jokes together or obscure to normalfags anyway and talking about their hobbies with the closest thing we had to friends. It's still cool that I have you guys now, even if you are a bunch of no-fun faggots a lot of the time.

Actually, more like 4.

Remember this kid? This is him now. Feeling old yet?

You're an idiot, especially since you think "containment boards" exist on 8ch.

GG and moot becoming a cuck happened in 2014, you fags

How old is the fricking fricks kid now?

Found it.

how many cakes will the Jew eat this year?

i don't know but i want to marry makise

More than forty

WHERE IS THE CAKE

WHY IS THE CATALOG DEAD?!

hi Enchan

ddos attack by butt hurt TRSodomite script kiddies

Oh good, it's not just fucking up on my end. Wonder if Codemonkey's fucking with something again, or if the site's getting slammed hard by the usual suspects.

My god, that's more than twenty double cakes, and that's just terrible.

You may jest about this, but I already pay taxes and trim the white hair growing out of my ears.Seems like only yesterday I could have taken on the world, fucked bitches and got money, now I throw my back out taking out the trash.

5 years already

so wait what the fuck is this thread about? Tribes Ascend was released on the 12th of April 2012 but why the fuck are people talking about this site.

Why's the layout fucked? It wasn't like this

That Syria thing really brought in a lot more lower posting quality in Holla Forums. I miss the board having a variety of threads instead of everyone trying to say their view of a certain event is the right one. Though I know when you complain about it they go "muh book threads" thanks to that one faggot who didn't understand that posting a bunch of pictures of books and not discussing things isn't exactly a good thread.

YEAH! GALO SENGAN

Are you lost?

Are you?

It just seems a little unusual to go to a Tribes thread on a video game board to complain about a politics board

So you are lost.

It's just a matter of quality. Nier is a higher quality game than OW, and the people talking about it are several orders of magnitude less cancerous.
There's at least 2, /sugen/ and /pone/ both of which come from Holla Forums

Jesus how old are you?

I don't know about lost, but something sure ain't right with you two.

It also seems weird to post a webm of a nigger dressed as an overwatch character while asking about cake in a tribes thread.

Old enough to forget my birthday.
I'll probably die of old age before most people here die of alcohol poisoning.

get a life insurance plan and pay it out to a cryonics facility and get your head frozen, then in 300 years you'll get to be a cyborg and can play vidya with me

Back to your hugbox

Joke's on you, I don't drink.

Well that's rude, your irredeemably shit too user.

The irony seems to be lost on you.

Ironic shitposting is also still shitposting, my friend.

just dropped by to say you're all retarded, there is no reddit or Holla Forums boogeyman, and if you think "reddit spacing" qualifies as proof your IQ is probably 2 digits

Nothing to be happy about.

remove jew

I believe some retards are celebrating the creation of this board.

But before September 16th, 2014 (when moot when to XOXOfest and his SJW friends told him to forbid GamerGate discussions in 4chan which lead to massive bans and our exodus here) all boards in Holla Forums were pretty quiet. The only one that had something similar to a userbase was /legion/ (filled with supervillian larpers).

Yep, its fucking 8gag after the election.

there was /magali/ and those hungarian boards too

True, but if we kick them out Holla Forums will jump in and never leave, i think it happened to /tg/ or some other board.

THIS
Much rather nu-Holla Forums over Holla Forums. In fact Holla Forums actively shills their shit in this place whereas Holla Forums tends to be people who just use both boards.

That feeling hit me in my mid thirties, I found focusing on renoing my home, and being diligent about keeping up with a few of the hobbies I had let languish helped pull me out of it.
Can't feel like lifes enjoyable when you're not really apart of it y'know?

I hope that we die soon and migrate to a new imageboard, without 4chan/nu-pol/leftypol faggots infesting every single board.

The implication being that there's a hard divide between the anons? As convenient as that would be I don't think it's true. I remember halfchan/v/ threads bitching about SA-boogeyman.

Ho boy, fucking figures.
Holla Forums splitting from Holla Forums turned both into a fucking echo chamber and created some kind of ridiculous rivalry over who can suck the most dick, being a complete detriment to the site as a whole since neither can keep their autistic shit in their own boards.
Even this thread isn't safe from it.

Holla Forums was a board where everyone could talk about politics without any kind of filter holding them back. Now one has a group that does nothing but jack off to communism and the other where they pat each other on the back for being huwite and larp about exterminating the jews.
It's a disgrace.

This is the kind of shit that makes a man lose hope in imageboards. I'm so fucking out of touch now.

It's not

I am fully convinced that 95% of the people who work at corporations are soulless cocksuckers who love running on a treadmill for their whole lives.

Yes, thank you for understanding my post, user.

It's not that Holla Forums is infesting other boards, it's that more people on other boards agree with Holla Forums over Holla Forums.

It's funny how Holla Forums manages to be more diverse because the natsoc ideology resonates deeply with people of all races, in contrast to Holla Forums.

This is some funky mental gymnastics. Even if it were true, that shit still belongs in its own board. Keep it there.

That said I have no idea why you replied to me, since nothing you said relates to my post.

Holla Forums runs missionary efforts on 4/pol/ and literally everyone, cucks, lolbergs, and natsocs alike, shits on them. It was the same before they split off except then it was just commies being fucking morons and getting laughed at instead of commies shilling and getting laughed at.

I swear it's this infantile mindset that's killing me.

Every board is responsible for its own post quality. When Holla Forums was created everything inbetween with enough of a "userbase" decided they needed their own little safe space as well, because the balance of an all-encompassing politics board was gone and the 'right-wing' side of Holla Forums thought they owned the place now. Moderation being absolute trash even encouraged this shit and now the place is nothing but LARPing stormfaggots and shitposters from reddit.

This is why nobody likes you.

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE CAKE
WHERE'S THE CAKE MARK

Like tears in rain…

First post, best post. I am sure in about a thousand years this video will show up in a museum of high quality nonsensical human creations.