TITANFALL 2

Because we will be lost in/derail other threads. Recently started using the A-Wall in conjunction with the SMR and it fucking melts Titans. Dump a full mag into a poorly positioned Titan (or a Legion anytime really since his AoE stuff is just a shotgun blast) and watch them lose shittons of bars. Arc Grenades are the best, and the CTF list they're running right now is probably the most fun mode I've played.

I'd like to thank the user who gave the "use phase dash to reload" and "don't melee" tips regarding Ronin. Been doing much better with that advice and I'm coming around to seeing Northstar as being just a different Ronin with less defensive options but a crueler Nuclear Ejection [because Tether trap]. Cluster bomb is antipersonnel in the same way ricochet rounds are, DPS is different but enables her to take on Tones and Scorches in funky ranges Ronin doesn't operate well in.

Does anyone know why the R-101 exists?
Or the Wingman?
Is there any point to using assault rifles not named Hemlok anyway?
Do you need another Weapon Mod on LMGs besides the one that makes it ADS faster? I see no reason not to use the cheatscope on the Spitfire and Devotion; the L-STAR doesn't really count.

I also can't figure out how I'm supposed to use the Softball and Cold War. The SMR is just like the L-STAR in that you have to lead them a little and I love it. I don't quite see the utility of these other Grenadier weapons though, EPG excluded.

I also don't get why Gravity Stars are good. Is the "suck up projectiles" feature really all that relevant?

Neat thing I found out about Ion: if you get hit with a Firestar it can be thrown back by your Vortex Shield.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2XZv-S24LE
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes/p1?new=1
respawn.com/echooftitans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is so much TF2-related stuff bordering on romantic?
Mechs are not for love.

Because most mecha are simply powered armor. If they have AI, it's not usually at the forefront of how the mech is represented. EVA units were unusual for going against that grain.

Titans are not much different than dogs. You have an intelligent being that exists for your benefit who is capable of operating autonomously but is stronger through partnership. The campaign hits you hard with feels for B.T. and the multiplayer voices for the Titan types are great and distinct. Your war machine is a better friend than most humans could ever be. Only someone selfless would throw you to safety before exploding to kill their foe. We love Titans for the same reason we cry at the end of Terminator 2.

…that some of them have sexy sounding voices leads to instant waifu status.

The last shilling attempt didn't go so well and you decided to try again?
Do they pay you per post or per thread?

If you manage to snag a player with it, they are an easy kill

Scorch a best.

It's really good once you get the hang of it, a direct hit on any player or human-sized AI is a one hit kill.
It's really good for crowd control. If you've ever been in a situation where a bunch of players are all huddled on a rooftop, raining down with the Cold War from above is an easy couple of kills. The way this weapon works is quite strange, though, in that iirc the splash damage does quite a bit more damage than direct hits. So aim for the area around your opponent rather than directly at them.

Other than that, the appeal of the Grenadier weapons for me lies in the fact that they're good against both titans and pilots. I feel a bit more free to choose whichever secondary I like when I'm using a grenadier weapon, whereas with normal guns I feel like I have to take an anti-titan one. They're my favourite class of weapons, personally.

Poo in a Loo get paid for more shilling from Microdicks?

you are fucking retarded.

No one discuss videogames on Holla Forums, that might involve someone having bought something once, enjoyed it, and wished to discuss it with others! Oh no! You're cancer. This hobby and community are a consumer culture. We consume things. God damn this mentality is retarded. I like Titanfall 2 and want to talk to other anons about it ergo I am a shill trying to force a heavily-discounted-nowhere-close-to-release-date-game down the board's throat. Logical. Fuck you idiots.

I have only been killed with them a few times, I feel like every other grenade is more lethal or has higher utility.

I can't aim for shit with the Softball reticle.
Damn good to know that Cold War's splash damage is higher than direct hits, will definitely give it a try on Meadow at least.

The Mozambique and Wingman Elite are stupid-good and I like pairing them with anything I can. I find that in a pinch the perk that delays rodeo detection and Arc Grenades are "anti-Titan" enough for most builds but I feel you. It's good to have a Titan run from something that isn't an MGL or Archer lock.

Nah

Good against slows and ai. It oneshots with a direct hit.
Fucking broken abomination of a weapon. You dont even have to aim it. Just stay in the air and swing your mouse towards the enemy and you get free kills.
Look up gravity boosting.
R201 is a jack of all trades. G2 has aim assist on pc and two shot kills while amped.

Game's meta is stale as fuck right now. There are like 3 good maps and two of them are stacks and meadow. Im waiting to play till the frontier defense update comes out.

buncha slow casuals that cant handle the fastest arena shooter since quake 3 ITT.

I think Colony, Firebase Kodai, Homestead, and Angel City, are good maps. Blackwater Canal flirts with being good but ends up terrible. Crash Site is awful. I enjoy Stacks and Meadow but only for CTF; I still don't get the point of Live Fire mode.

Looked up gravity boosting and will definitely be trying that. I didn't know about frontier defense because 2 is my entry to the series, it sounds great and I can't wait for it. I love horde-mode type shit.

Cold War you have to use like bombardier. Wall run errywhere, jump and let the splash damage do the rest. If you try to hit the players with the projectiles you're gonna have a bad time.

Spitfire with the thermal scope works wonders on Crash site and Complex, that is the shit maps. I like using it with the running mod and the extended mag mod as well. Just run, hold the button and hope you shoot something.

Also, reminder that Arc grenades are cancer. Satchels a best.

Your discussion (see fawning) of a derivative game against the most anti-consumer place of any space on the internet is foolhardy, if I were to compliment you. This is the home of angry neckbeards, video game enthusiasts, and a lot of game developers come here, as well as halfchan.

What you're effectively doing is poking a wasps nest, and stamping your feet that the wasps won't play your flavor of the month video games with you.

Titanfall isn't awful, but it's still a Call of Duty game with a modern (soon to be dated) movement flow graph and animation system. That is what makes the game unique (and it's an awful USP, fyi), Mechs have been done before and better. The only reason you think it's okay is because the standard of products being released now is so homogenized, that you're unable to comprehend that this is not the kind of game you should even mention on Holla Forums.

Maybe start an Overwatch thread, a League of legends thread or a Call of Duty thread and see what happens.

Don't kid yourself, expecting Holla Forums to be of a single opinion of something is oblivious to the point of obvious stupidity, and responding in such a limp and cliche ridden manner is probably grounds for you to leave this site.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Holy shit kill yourself you fucking faggot.

As other anons mentioned, it's a one-hit kill on a direct hit, which I adore. The SMR and the Softball are two sides of the same grenade coin: the SMR is better at killing titans but struggles against pilots, whereas the Softball is better for killing pilots - especially if you're above them or they're next to a wall - at the cost of being kind of a liability against titans. You need to expose yourself for so long in order to unload a full stock of grenades it can be a real pain.

Both weapons are good for farming bots which makes them better in modes like bounty hunt or attrition, and they have additional utility for area lockdown in amped hardpoint and CTF. Fast reloading with the Softball is a necessity, though, so you have less mod flexibility than hitscan weapons. The Softball is one of my favourite weapons because it just feels so nice to use. Amped Softball is godlike.

WHOA
SHOCK
AND
AWE

The fuck? I can't speak for the first game, but the second's nothing like CoD, not even the sci-fi ones with the jump packs. Titanfall's momentum system alone is completely different.

go back to cuckchan

Ea is just the publisher. If we don't reward them for actually publishing games we like, then they will just keep making battlefields and battlefront's and be successful anyway.

See, I don't think that's a good way to think of it. I think of this situation more as EA holding Respawn ransom. I waited for a sale to buy this game, but I probably would have done it full price if they had partnered with a less repulsive publisher. As much as I would like for EA to live up to their very first manifesto and actually help people making what they consider to be electronic art, it just isn't going to happen when they can keep milking FIFA, Battlefield, and their other bloated AAA releases every year.

I'm not playing Titanfall 2 because it's healthy for the industry. I'm playing it because it's good enough to make me overcome my innate hatred of EA and Origin.

It's a mystery to me. It's exactly the same as the R-201. The Wingman guns are fine though.
I like the flatline. But it's basically a worse Alternator.
The marking scope on the Spitfire is actually misaligned, it shoots below the red dot. Otherwise, I'd use gunrunner for when you're up in someone's face.

I never said that, go back to school you illiterate nigger.

(checked)

What the fuck is with this reddit-tier meme shit?

Do you not like memes?

Sad this game is locked behind Origin. I ain't installing that shit.

it's the next step in shilling evolution, trying to use something they don't even understand

It's happening.
https:// www.ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-13

Looks like a new Strider-class titan, or the monarch, frontier defense not yet. Which could possibly mean that the Monarch is gonna be in standard multiplayer too.

Stop being a fucking retard and report the derails you see.

Are you actually going to ban people for shitposting or is this just lip service?

Monarch? Remind me again, which titan was that?

So yeah, don't derail the thread.

Any new additions to the Pilot?

True for frag grenades as well.

Aw my lawd.

Vanguard class, weapon is the XO chaingun from the singleplayer, offensive is the unguided rocket salvo from the first game, defensive is some kind of slowing beam that gives you an overshield, utility resets your cooldowns on abilities and the dash. Core lets you pick an upgrade to either defense, offense or utility, can upgrade three times, gaining more health, basically an amped titan weapon, and the rocket salvo becomes guided.

Now, that was dug out of the game files, what changes were made to it, I don't know.

Not sure. Maybe the sword they showed before, but that shit seemed absolutely overpowered. Being able to melee lunge 20 meters and shit.

Oh, and I completely forgot, new faction, new modes, two new maps, two new live fire maps, more executions and max regen increased to 100.

Wait, what?

For what purpose. Anyways, any bets on which prime titan this is? Ronin or tone?

I can't find the video, but I found this shitty picture. Anyways, it's made for Frontier Defense, it makes your melee better and you can sword block as a pilot. It can also be upgraded in frontier defense, up to the point where you can lunge 20 meters and do damage to titans with it.

That's ronin.

Found the sword video.

Neat. I wish the mode would come soon, but if they're still balancing and designing it two months out, it'll probably be worth the wait.

Forgot to mention this in the other thread, but I'm still making a meme and looking for suggestions.

The Tone screencap is an even better for exposing how niggeriffic Tone players are. Also, Stim, Holo, and Pulse Blade suggestions. Note that I hate writing, feel free to change these:

Pulse blade is incredibly obnoxious in certain modes, like Live Fire where it's constantly spammed at round start. Especially if the enemy team has 3 and you have none.

I guess it's fine for Live Fire, but I still say there's better kits even then. As much as I love throwing knives and radar-enhancing abilities, Pulse Blade just didn't suit me one bit. Grappling Hook or go home.

will do, senpai

whenever I get pinged with a pulse I try to move out of range and reverse/switch course to ambush enemies who would be operating on that information. It definitely slows me down to do so though, and often there are enough enemies to where that strategy is useless.

Some more ronin prime from the titfal concept artists website.

I love the sword, but what the fuck is that ronin model? It's literally OC donut steel tier character design.
Not even counting the fact that the fast and agile titan has so many parts and pieces of shit sticking out to get stuck on foliage or terrain.

Ronin has always worn his *pssst nothing personel, kid* badge with honor.

I always considered Ronin the weeb titan, and Legion the fat edgelord.

you are all newfags!
that felt good to say
use the gravstar for gravboosting. throw it on the ground, wait until it's about to explode, run through it so that the explosion occurs behind you and slidehop to victory. If you aren't going fast in this game then you might as well uninstall.

Why?

Ion is a loving MILF.
Ronin is the weeb with six million hours of hitting water bottles with his sword. MUH SWARD MUH HONOR
Scorch is just references to fire.
Northstar is the professional slut.
I've never played Tone.
And Legion is that fat guy who goes to a gun range in a skull balaclava, and whips out his tricked out 6000$ airsoft AR-15 derivative, dives into the lane while yelling pseudo-military lingo and then gets banned for life. Legion tries way too hard to be srs bsns and tacticool.

Weird. He mostly tells me how much he missed me, and how we're both likely about to die. I always see Scorch as edgier. All the "pilot removed" and shit.

Northstar seems like an easily flustered office worker based on how urgently she calls for ejection, Tone seems the most likely to fuck any old Ronin who asks.

God I miss Jeeves.

i only know about it because i saw his art on the respawn forums
Legion definitely sounds more flat and military. Scorch's voice is like a grizzled fireman telling you about his days in the field and all the shit he's seen - he even says "enemy pilot contained and destroyed" whereas all the others just say "enemy pilot destroyed."

Northstar definitely a best, in that she's tsundere without being trash like most tsunderes. She acts all aloof but when her tinfoil armour deteriorates she starts pleading for you to eject.

I guess I now know why I always play Ronin. I used to always play Strider with the Sid voice.

would you a titan

Legion may be more military, but I see him almost as a dad taking his kid to work. He's gruff, but he is always glad to spend time with you, and he knows what's best for you when he starts yelling at you to eject.

Northstar definitely plays it cool until you may die, but she always warmly welcomes you back.

My friend is a dirty seen who insisted on using the jap girl voice, but I couldn't bring myself to use Sid. Too hardcore for me.

Huh, first time seeing pattern welded steel in a game. Neat.

FOLDED OVER FIVE THOUSAND TIMES

Go home Ronin.

Devs made some commentary videos of the campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=a2XZv-S24LE

Is this game fast

Very. But nowhere near quake/tribes tier.

Neat. This level did feel a little worse than the others, which must be a byproduct of them designing it first. I'm disappointed but not surprised to see them play it with a controller since they probably want to sell it to consolefags without making them feel insecure about being unable to parkour well.

Are we being invaded by reddit?
are we really discussing xbone cod-tier shit?

They invaded a long fucking time ago.
You can thank Holla Forums and Holla Forums for that btw.

As long as we're posting dev talks, have this presentation one of the designers gave at GDC about game balance. It's interesting to see the decisions which made them move from customizable titans to classes with lesser customization.

I guess I'll post gameplay then. I have a couple hours of footage to comb through.

Holla Forums didn't actively invite faggots just to cover inability to win an argument

Aw my lawd more free shit.

Same. Webm related's a moment I'm pretty happy with, single-handedly took back the lead in a game of Bounty Hunt in about 10 seconds.

geg

so much pic related ITT

fuck you and your forced meme

Complex is one of my favorite maps purely because i main scorch and i get served titans on a platter

Who is the best Titanfu?

That image is a complete logical fallacy, you can't boil down any disagreement to such a simple strawman.

Take that back you piece of shit.

fallacy fallacy. Just because it includes a logical fallacy doesn't make it incorrect. Holla Forums is for discussing vidya and enough anons want to discuss this game ergo it belongs here. The reverse could be true, in that the Nostalrius and El Dewrito threads should have been quarantined/nuked because WoW and Halo are the marks of casuals but I thought we were mature enough to just fucking discuss video games we like without dealing with secret club house fags who probably don't even know what Cockmongler is.

Complex is widely hated but I always have a good time there. SMG playhouse.

The entire image is based on a fallacy, mate.
I'm not saying I agree with him, I'm saying you shouldn't jump to such shitty arguments, the simplest thing to do is just to not respond to his posts in the first place lest you encourage his pointless shitposting.

Depends what you're comparing it to.

FORCED MEME

Knife execution looks cool; if I can grind out enough executions to unlock it I'll be happy to see my fem!grapple pilot literally kill people with her thighs.

Fucking kill yourself.

Northstar is pretty sexy because she really does care about you but Tone is a hell of a MILF.

Titans are for _

Killing enemy pilots, you degenerate.

I started playing as Tone again. Vid related.

I forgot how quickly the 40 mm annihilates pilots.

Haven't lost the past 5 games.

But how else am I supposed to establish a neural link?

Yeah, Tone is something else. Getting her to regenerate was a lot of fun even if it did cost me my soul.

Fine, copulate with your machine if you wish, but make absolutely sure to do it off of Frontier Militia grounds. Last time somebody did that we had to repair several walls.

how FAST is this game? I want to go FAST. There can only be fast in videogames.

It's fast. Just go look up some gameplay.

Is there any way to play this without resorting to Origin or paid online on consoles?
While the game seems fun, Origin is a major pain on PC, and I don't want to give money to Sony just so I can play my fucking Bloodborne Machine with other people.

If you are skilled at using the grappling hook to boost yourself or the gravity grenade, or just press the sanic button with the stim pack, it's fast.

Then once you are fast you can keep going with the slide button, and you can maintain momentum on walls too.

Origin does nothing now, the EU sued EA and they had to remove all the spyware. It's like steam except it uses less resources.

I'll look into it then. Wonder if I can get some friends to play with or I might end up waiting for a sale.

Pretty sure it just got a price cut. Jump on whenever you can, the campaign is rad too.

Did you forget about the Tribes: Ascend days?

There was way more Reddit-tier meme shit then.

It's a bit early for that, matey. It's fucking April.

Seems to still be 60 bucks in Origin. Only thing I can find about a price cut is last year's Black Friday

The game goes on sale somewhat regularly since EA tried to turn it into the black sheep of AAA shooters last year by sandwiching the release between Battlefield and CoD. You should have a chance to buy it at a reduced price soon. I hope you give the game a shot: it's the most fun I've had with a shooter in a long time.

Let us know when you jump in so we can help you avoid looking like vid related.

It does look fun and sanic enough. I'll keep an eye out for the next sale.
And crikey, who can be THAT bad at videogames?

There's you answer. We all have our moments, though. Even MLG pros like me can stutter.

Was the pistol in this game meant to be so shit compared to everything else? When you can use a mini shotgun as part of your secondary I dont see the appeal it.

Do you mean a specific pistol?
Pistols in general are great if your main gun is a grenadier weapon or if you're playing a pilot focused mode.

I think its the P2016 pistol according to the Titanfall wiki, I'm too sleepy to boot the game up right now. Its the only pistol or weapon in the game that feels weak as shit so far.

It was half price during the recent update, and there's a new update trailer already out. They might do a sale again then, there was also a free weekend last time, so maybe you can try it out before you buy.

Next update releases on april 25th.

Sounds like a plan (if they actually do it) then.

I've just started playing now and even I'm better than that guy. I've already reached the top of the scoreboard a couple times too and won FFA matches. Seems most of the time I'm expecting things to happen from the team that just aren't so I stopped using northstar and started using tone and now I'm a god.

If you've got a network or something I'd be happy to group up

That's my favorite pistol. If you have a fast trigger finger it kills pilots fast. The RE-45 is a piece of shit, though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the single player tutorial and one of the levels are free now, since that was part of the free weekend promotion they had a couple weeks ago; you can get a feel for the mechanics without buying the game.

user, you disappoint me.

As far as networks go, I usually represent [BOOB] since oppai is life. There aren't many active people on [8ch], but I'll start repping it and maybe we'll meet up. As you may have been able to tell from the gameplay, my username is Diriquix. Feel free to send me a friend request.

How do you get any pilot kills with that thing? As soon as people start jumping it seems to become useless.

Spray and pray, mostly. Like all grenadier weapons, it's less effective against pilots because it shreds titans and bots.. It's more effective on maps with lots of architecture since the splash damage is better if you have someone pinned against a wall. The dive bomber strategy you see Cold Warfags employ is also effective, and the headshot hitbox is quite forgiving.

Amped weapons are solid, too, but I've been using ticks more because I've been rolling bounty hunt frequently.

I feel like the EPG is the only grenadier weapon you can use against airborne targets, so the rest only really works against bad players. Once I'm against semi-competent players I feel like I have to use a hitscan weapon to stay competitive.
The flatline is quite fun, pretty much the only assault rifle I like.

Thanks EA, for once I want to play a game you published and I can't even run the fucking thing thanks to your kikery

The game has Denuvo? I never noticed.

theres nothing wrong with anime girls you dumb furry

But there is something wrong with awful character designs.

My heartboner.

nice pizza loli

How much mayonnaise do you put on your pizza, my guy?

True, but there is something wrong with turning everything in a fucking generic anime character.
That image he posted isn't Northstar, it's basically a shitty OC loosely based on Northstar.

not enough to stop my heart

do you know how this is supposed to work? you take the distinct features and put it on an anime girl. if you can recognize what theyre based off of then its done well.

or am i the dumbass? is she too faithful to the original? cause that could be seen as lazy.

She's an anime character wearing Northstar-themed clothing, not Northstar, you fucking mong.
You don't know a damn thing about character design or art. Slit your wrists.

Mailed you a +1 gang-nigger support-fodder request, then.

For the record I hate playing in all the titans for some reason, feels like there's something missing from each of them.

i cant take you seriously. everything shes got is even scaled properly.

Has anyone else noticed that people in some networks are just fucking averse to fun, but somehow still manage to be utter dogshit at the game? RDDT and reddit that thinks it's good at the game, AKA Frothy's Frontier Faglords always stick out in this regard. The only things they use are SMGs or the Devotion, A wall or Phase shift, smart pistol or amped weapons for the boost, arc grenades, and tone or legion. And somehow, they still manage to fucking eat shit.

yeah, metagames are very popular now and thats the kind of crap it brings with it. its certainly not unique to this game

Spotted the fag who still has hope in humanity

I don't expect jack shit from reddit, I'm stumped at how they can't do well with an SMG and tone.

Well I hate playing without them, so that evens us out.

People who find mathematically optimal strategies in games like this often do so to conceal their lack of physical skill, hand-eye coordination, and reflexes. If they really wanted to win every game, they'd use the Cold War and Ion, but the idea of a projectile weapon is the antithesis of what they believe. That's why they get so angry whenever you throw them a Softball.

Oh no, how will I ever go on.

when you make shit up you just kind of look foolish and it works against whatever point youre trying to make.

So if I want to make a game that Reddit won't play, I have to strip out all hitscan weapons and replace everything with projectiles?

Yep. But slow-ish projectiles, none of that battlefield almost-hitscan bullshit.

of course its not very creative, its based on a humanoid in the first place. but it does what it wants to do fairly well.

Your atrocious grammar and probable Downs syndrome remind me of that guy who posts three gifs every few months, asks for advice, then ignores the advice and posts (65) or so posts mewling about how hard it is to make art and how it isn't worth it, even though you want to do it. Do you have a tumblr with half a dozen shitty gifs and awful 3D models on it?

played this after all the hype of these threads back when there was a free weekend. it felt exactly like a cod game but with actual jumping.

someone tell me the appeal.

you are inordinately upset and desperate. does this really mean that much to you? in any case, its an invalid way to get your point across.

inconceivable inunderstanding

inconsentual intercourse

You need to use the slide, my man. The game is only as slow as you want it to be. Vid related.

I suppose it may have felt like CoD because the game contains most of CoD's gameplay mechanics inside of it rather than making something completely different - this is especially noticeable if you start a gunfight indoors. Of course, this all changes once you call down a titan; the GDC video I linked earlier has more detail as to the different philosophies between pilot and titan gameplay.

Anyway, in terms of selling you on the game:
Personally, I like how the game's pilot abilities are all balanced around the concept of everything being OP: the basic abilities include turning fucking invisible and wallhax on a stick, and only get better from there (fuck phase shift, though). There's something for almost everyone, and it's wrapped in a layer of polish you'd expect from people who love what they do.

As for the the game feeling like CoD, Respawn is composed of ex-CoD devs from Infinity Ward, so it only makes sense for them to make that kind of game. I know the CoD aesthetics aren't to everyone's tastes, but you can minimize the more intrusive graphical embellishments, and after a while I found the whole thing growing on me. It's satisfying to get a kill streak only for your final shot to reward you with LEVEL UP, ALTERNATOR LEVEL 16, PILOT GENERATION 3.19.

So, I was one of the people who had loads of fun with the first Titanfall for about a week before dropping it out of boredom and never going back. Does Titan 2 have more substance to it; should I pick it up? What's Holla Forums's consensus so far?

Why hasn't anyone told me? I've ben trying to get the damn blue projectiles to hit the enemy.

There's certainly more meat to the core gameplay, though I can't make a direct comparison since I didn't play the first game. The titans have a lot of personality.

I just wish they'd give me Sid and Jeeves, and my god damn quad rocket, triple threat, unguided salvo, slaved warheads. I wish they'd just make a Stryder class called Rocket or something completely based around missile launchers, with some kind of nuclear missile core or some shit. They basically made Tone and Northstar from the most popular abilities and weapons from the first game (minus the railgun, that thing was utter dogshit), but left out arguably the second and third most popular weapons, that being the arc cannon and the quad rocket, and the most popular ability, that being the unguided rocket salvo.

The quad rocket felt awful in the campaign so I can't say I would want to see it. As far as a rocket titan goes, I get what you're saying, but Tone - as much as I hate her - is very cool visually and intuitive to use. Having another rocket titan would probably have too little design space to be worthwhile, especially since unguided rockets would be worse/more difficult to use than guided rockets.

Dataminers have discovered code for a new titan (and Respawn announced one) which seems to be related to the Monarch for frontier defence, so that may be customizable when/if that mode is released.

New update's patch notes released:

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes/p1?new=1

OH MY GOD THANK YOU

Good, now do that for phase shift.

Aww. Boo. Now I have to aim.
Still an awful faction, but at least she's a woman now. Apparently this was due to "memory issues" but I can't imagine what that would mean.
This makes sense. I rodeo'd a Legion the other day, and he kept back up while turning around. Didn't know what he was after until I jumped away and was immediately pulped by his melee, which reached over his head and behind him while he was looking upwards.
This is for the best. No more unavoidable 20% damage for some chucklefuck across the map, and no more rockets curving into buildings five metres out from the muzzle.
Wonderful. Now I'll get fooled even more often.

Update's out. Grab free shit.

New map is cool
New faction is cool
New execution is cool

Oh and I don't care about the rest. About fucking time with the disappearing crosshairs.

Lmao, it sucks anyway. Just use CAR.

Can I marry my Titan?

Sure. I claimed Northstar though.

Good, because I'm after Atlas
Which AI do you like?

You mean between regular or prime? Or am I just a TF2 cuck?

I don't have the prime.

How would a relationship with a Titan work?
What would you really do outside of the battlefield?

I'd die 10 seconds after a drop so I haven't thought about it. My TTD is pretty short.

Lots of cleaning and oiling.

well there's a neural link between pilot and titan I can imagine that it would be imaginary sex and physicality that will actually feel as real as the real thing. (Or even better).

What said

LEWD

That could be good bonding time, I guess.

There has to be more to a functional relationship than sex, though.

I only have two

You can always do the usual romantic getaway things. Walks on the beech, though mind for the salt water corroding her sensitive areas. Picnics, though she can't really eat, and jamming food in her tubes clogs her up. Watch a movie together, though it has to be a drive in theater because obviously she won't fit in a proper one.

I never knew how much I loved mecha until I played this game.

Absolutely reprehensible, user.

Half the point of a radio is turning it off when the movie gets to the scary part and Ion asks you to explain what the Black Lagoon is and why a creature from it would be scary.
I watched Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet recently, because one of the writers for Respawn mentioned it was inspiration for BT and Cooper in the campaign, and the happy vibes of that show have been hanging off of my heart since. Highly recommended.

Those armless bipedal mechs are cute.

I don't think a giant robot would be a big fan of horror movies.
Speaking of which, what type of movies would a robot enjoy?

Locust is my favorite mech. She comes in many different formats, is light, and very fast.

WALL-E?
That's the most obvious one, anyway. Otherwise, find anything where a young, impressionable robot finds love with her human creator/master.
Flubber comes to mind that way. Tragic end, though.

The Iron Giant.
;_;

Seriously, give it a go. Its fucking night and day.

Do you need to have Origin installed to play this online?

I want to fuck the robot

Yes, although Origin is no more spyware than Steam at this point. Origin will only act as spyware if you file a bug report and opt into it.

I have no idea why being a pilot with a titan seems to damn comfy.

God, this update is good. Better then the main ones.

I love the fact that they removed the bloom from most maps. Now I can fucking see in all 4 cardinal directions instead of just 2.5.

I just did, haven't had that bullshit point black 30% damage shot occur. More experimentation required.

Don't we all?

How has everyone been enjoying the new map so far? Initially I wasn't sure what to make of it, but after a couple hours I was aware how they had designed it for objectives, and I'm in love. The first game of amped hardpoint I played was the most aggressive game of that mode I can remember playing; camping was almost impossible and the points were continuously changing hands.

I'm not a fan of the giant, open sight lines down the middle of the map which enables A-wall campers, but there are plenty of opportunities for flanking so the strategy is hardly OP. It's hardly even good, frankly, because everyone is always moving so quickly through the middle area near the bridge.

Speaking of that area, did anyone else notice standing there is a death sentence for pilots if the enemy team has any titans, or in general? I don't know what it is about the map which directs gameplay flow like that, but there always seems to be somebody ready to push your shit in if you stay there for more than a second.

Apparently Ronin can now block fully charged rail gun shots from Northstar.

Where were you when Northstar became trash can tier?

I thought it just reduced the damage with 10,000 times folded vibro-sword steel?

It's true, I poorly phrased it. Northstar could avoid most of that damage mitigation provided she fully charged her railgun. Not anymore.

Feels more consistent, but I still don't see the point of using it over an SMG. The EVA-8 got neutered, so I feel like shotguns are pretty "eh" now.

also:
dead dead, dead. -dead

I rep it whenever I'm not using another network to get a happy hour bonus.

For everyone who hates the above, and are skeptical of TF2 being too CoD like, the game lets you turn those notifications off in the HUD customization menu. They won't be flying all over your screen making noise in the middle of a match if you don't want them to.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier; what I mean is that even with that turned off you still get the text at the top of the screen and the FWOOM, THOOM sound effect. I'm not a super pro at the game (although I think I'm pretty decent), so having that effect is a lot of fun.

Run through combat simulations to practice strategy, like Sagara Sousuke does with Arbalest when not on guard duty.

I'm also fairly confident Sagara+Arbalest/Laevatein was part of the inspiration for Gargantia, which as said, inspired Cooper+BT.

More developer diary stuff, this time related to sound design.

respawn.com/echooftitans

Glitch really is a great map, its making me work on vertical aiming/thinking a lot more than Angel City or Colony.

I love dev stuff

Is that why ROB threads never get deleted?

This fucker is in charge of a faction?

Yes. I'm guessing they put MRVN in because of all the fags crying about Spyglass as a faction.

He's cute
Is there porn of him?

No you can bully him by taking his gun and never high-fiving him tho

Isnt Ash already a robot though?

According to the game she's called a simulacrum, a human mind in a robot body.

How did they manage to make the melee system become even worse?

That feel when Northstar is a shittier Ion in literally every way.

Northstar is much better at flanking, getting a shot in and then disappearing again. The ol' spicy Viper Combo (tether + cluster rocket) also does a ton of damage and area denial, better than Ion's shitty tripwire.
Northstar's ult is also the most damaging in the game, if you land every missile.

If your opponent suffer an aneurysm then yeah. Cluster rocket isn't that useful.

The only titan worse is Scorch but at least he isn't made of toilet paper.

Sounds like you need to git gud. I regularly do top damage in LTS as Northstar.

He sucks in open maps but on any other map he will facefuck you if you let him get close enough.

You just suck with Northstar and Scorch, kid.

The only thing Northstar is bad at, really, is killing pilots, maybe that's because I hate the railgun due to Titanfall 1 PTSD. The only thing Scorch is bad at is fighting really good Ronins.

He's great on Complex and Crash, and alright to terrible everywhere else. He's much more fun to me to play than Northstar just by the fact that he doesn't crumple whenever more than one titan looks at him.
I'm talking about general survivability and utility. After this Ronin block nerf there's literally no reason to play her instead of Ion other than because you think Viper is cool. Which I do and I still play her because I'm a whiny faggot

I disagree. I'd say that's really his only favourable matchup.

To me Ronin was already an issue before the block nerf. He's too slippery to hit reliably and if he gets close you just tether and run away, not much else you can do. A good Ronin will fuck anyone.

If you don't play Northstar with viper thrusters, don't play Northstar.

It's either Viper thrusters or Threat optics what I usually run with. I can't defend against Archer niggers worth a damn without it. I heard Enhanced payload is good but I really haven't noticed that much of a difference.

I've never run threat optics since I generally have good eyes. Yet to try enhanced payload.
Also yeah, it's quite funny how the archer is only really effective against Northstar because of the lack of a shield ability.

I played a shitload of both, and I genuinely think that the only thing you can't reliably bully as scorch is Ronin, and maybe a northstar with double tether and three dashes.

Ronin can just slowly backpedal, save his dashes, and, if you set a trap and light it, he phase dashes out, if you try to approach him, he waits until you dash at him, and then he hits you with the arc wave and casually walks backwards while shooting you.

Against tone, you just waddle into her safespace wall and melt her, against Ion, you have to be slightly sneaky and ambush her, and Legion is easy, because if he pops Q, he can't really move, so you just light his shit on fire. And almost anyone is fucked if you manage to corner them, except Ronin, really, since he can dash right through you.

Thrusters are cool, but if I could boost mid air it would REALLY make it worth it. Bigger cluster missiles seem like a better option most times.

Agreed, though I swear sometimes you can dash. Maybe when the hover turns off and you're still in the air.

As soon as the hover deactivated, you can pop off a dash on your way down, but it's usefulness varies. With a light chassis like Northstar you can also dash into a crouch for more evasive maneuvers.

enhanced payload is really good; shoot a bomb into in a building to kill pilots, hit a Titan clusterfuck with it; solid even without a tether trap. Northstar is very much like Ronin in that it is a hit and run attacker. cluster missile and cockpit hits/backpedaling are how you make her work up close.

Enhanced payload > ricochet rounds at pilot killing.

Even more dev stuff today. This time it's commentary on the press F to time travel level.

I hope the prevalence of these commentary videos isn't due to EA forcing Respawn to be "more approachable like them there Youtubers."

Not bad, but I think it would be interesting to see these dev commentary features in the game, like how Valve did it with HL2.

How many of those things from that sequel survey do you think we'll get? I'd kill for a huge open world to walk around with my Titan bro, and a personal area might be neat. Just let us hang out more, me, my buddies, and our Titans.

If that's not compatible with the campaign, fine, but I think we can have both. Make it a multiplayer mode.

hwat

I finally played Tone for a bit. Salvo core is ridiculous.

It used to do more damage and the missiles could stay airborne for longer.

Meanwhile Northstar's core is hot cum.

It's got some spicy shit, boi. Get hype.

just make it like chromehounds

I only recently realized that the helmet blinking after the credits confirms that BT is alive. Apparently it says 'Jack?' in morse.

That entire list looks pretty cool.

I would really like some kind of co-op campaign or a mw2 style special ops type missions. those can be great fun.

The bond between the pilot and BT in the campaign was already tight. How much stronger could it possibly get before it starts getting weird?

You fucking degenerate filth.

This looks like a survey when the first game came out. I can't find any mention of a recent survey.

There was a survey around seven months ago.

Considering the role simulacrum pilots now serve in canon; imagine an ai slowly becoming questioning of his existence as a robot, and then one day his pilot shows up saying he's gotten that phase shift upgrade he always wanted, except now he's a stalker and he doesnt even seem phased at all. That could be a fantastic idea for a character story about a pliots relationship to a titan even in regeneration. Titanfall 2's campaign already seemed to understand that character story is more important than the space opera in the universe so I dont see issue with them tackling grander topics with their character stories. Also I just want to see respawn go full Ghost in the Shell or Blade Runner and play even further into the light cyber punk elements of their setting.

I rather play Hawken

IT'S DEAD JIM!

Alright Ronin is just fucking stupid now.

I do fine once I learned just how much pushback Legion's close range powershit has. What did they do to him.

Legions have been melting me as a Ronin a little more often, but I can still dashdance around and fuck him up enough to get a nuclear eject off if I don't straight up execute him. Getting knocked back from the powershot was surprising but I feel like it helps me evade better assuming I tank the hit. Keeps Legion's gunshield relevant though.

Making Northstar not being able to puncture Ronin and this new Titan Brawl mode made people hate how good his block is. It definitely is annoying as fuck, especially when you burn all your resources and do maybe one bar of damage and then you die.

Titan Brawl made me realize what fucking garbage Scorch is.

Can't out-dps anyone, can't catch up to anyone, have to run around the map with your slow lumbering ass trying to flank and trap someone only for them to dash out.

flame shield bro

he is only good on like two maps though, even with a dash.

That's really the only thing he has, but good luck catching up to anyone.

I don't get what you mean..

AI wonders if it is real person because robot. simulacrum is human brain inside robot. AI is confused when pilot becomes simulacrum, who has no problem with it–the AI is the only one who is uptight about the whole Pinocchio thing.

Northstar needs some kind of buff regarding penetration. Her railgun is out matched by a missile salvo, or a powershot, and she needs to fully charge hers. She needs something.

Titan Brawl is honestly a bad mode. It's all Northstars and Ronins.

Her damage isn't the problem, honestly. The problem is her lack of innate escape options combined with her lack of damage mitigation. Every other titan has a hard way to reduce damage and sometimes a way to escape from bad situations, too (looking at you, Ronin). Northstar's kit means she has to be predictive and lay down tether traps pre-emptively. There is nothing wrong with this, and I appreciate the differences in gameplay design, but her escape option is laughable in comparison.

Where the other titans have shields and the ability to reflect projectiles, she has tether trap. Tether trap is the worst titan ability in the game by a large margin, period, with cluster missile being the next worst (or northstar's hover if she doesn't have viper thrusters).
And your reward for putting up with all this is:
From a design perspective, she lacks a "hard no" shield ability like particle wall or flame shield, and her replacement is a "soft no" snare ability; it makes no sense. If they wanted to make her good (not MLG PRO GAMER good, just good enough to use without feeling like you're hamstringing yourself), buffing that piece of shit ability is the first place to start. Then make cluster missile not garbage, then give her the ability to cancel out of her hover, then give her railgun pushback like they were testing during development, and probably something else, too.

I want to love her, but Respawn make it so difficult.

I dropped her. The Archer cancer is too strong and she's frail as fuck. It-s gotten to the point that as soon as I drop her I get the notification up.

I used to think I hate the MGL but fucking hell do I hate the Archer. And good luck shooting the fucker with her slow tiny projectile.

And yeah it's pretty much the only mode I use her in. The fact that the titans respawn fairly quickly probably has something to do with the Ronin ire.

It's more the fact that you spawn so far away from the action that it's better to pick a fast titan to get close instead of wasting time. Northstar gets an added bonus of being annoying at range.

fuck the archer, it does so much fucking damage

Could be, but I've seen a lot of Legion players as well.

Apparently if you dash towards the rocked diagonally to the side you can avoid it. I've seen people walk to the side to avoid it but I didn't test it. Seems like bullshit though.

Just fuck this, Northstar is fucking useless with Archer in the game. Now literally in every way an inferior Ion.

You can definitely avoid them, but it's hard. Remember to crouch when you dash to maximize evasion.

Agreed

Overall though, Titanfall 2 really kind of made me miss the customization/simple fun of Titanfall.
Ryoko titan OS is mecha waifu material.

See

Why even use a titan when you have a tracking weapon that's more powerful than most of the titan weapons and takes zero skill to use. This is bordering on whining but it's really ruining the game for me.

No wonder everyone is a Tonenigger or uses Ion.

ronin can tank them for awhile to with sword block. I just hit the button as soon as I hear the beep, even if I'm engaging an enemy titan (good time to pop smoke so I can still deal damage while blocking, or the smoke throws off the archer lock, either way is good).

It's not so bad that I am using 2x Electric Smoke but it definitely changes how I play.