Why is Gearbox still around?, they should be bankrupt by now

Why is Gearbox still around?, they should be bankrupt by now.

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/duke-nukem-dust-up-gearbox-vs-gobeille
youtube.com/watch?v=0DZo9ac_vvA
youtube.com/watch?v=i02kKSYkHck
youtube.com/watch?v=cWuteFLUPSY
duke4ever.altervista.org/textdocs/2009_DNF_World_Chart.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UuhYeOKJ0Yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They make just enough money off of a few titles (Memelands, for example) to keep them afloat, and then suck enough dick to get other publishers and producers to let them latch onto them (See: Colonial Marines).

They're a classic example of a scummy, shitty company that has absolutely no merit to their works, but remain nonetheless thanks to nepotism and cock sucking.

mfw I'm not anthony burch

this isn't a just world user. if were lucky they will go bankrupt but the next borderlands will probably sell well and they will be on their merry way.
That or they will just snatch some other classic ip and release a "remaster" for it.

Whoring out their wives to niggers and muslimes for money to keep the doors open.

NO

I wonder how their version of Duke 3D sold. Can't be worse than Battleborn

They might die soon, they are still getting shit for partnering with those steam key resellers

LOL

you oughta know by now that many companies don't actually adhere to any economic principle and are kept alive by something more powerful than the free market.

Literally just money laundering with borderlands 2 dlc.
Yes really.

Can someone remind me of the whole story of Gearbox extorting Dook away from a cripple? I kept meaning to read up on it but I can't find anything relevant anymore.

Does any game dev go under these days? Even when regular publishers won't support them, there's still Kikestarter.

Their should really be an easy to pass around list of all the scumy shit that Randy/Gearbox has done.

I would appreciate this thoroughly. Especially this and all of the Sega shit they pulled.

if anybody wants to make a green text

techraptor.net/content/duke-nukem-dust-up-gearbox-vs-gobeille

god that is really awful, its borderlands tier meme humor

As companies, yes. For example, Irrational. Obviously the people involved are still around. Sometimes that doesn't matter, sometimes it matters a lot–depends on your talent, vision, and perseverance.

Sometimes it takes a little while for a company to bleed out. They seem to be mostly producing financial failures recently, and what coming productions of theirs I've seen look like surefire disasters. I have high hopes they'll die completely in the next couple of years.

With cucklands and them raping Duke into the ground for nostalgia bucks they'll be around for awhile. It sucks, but all you can do is just try to convince people to not give them money. MFW I'm not Anthony Burch

The part the I hate the most about Gearbox is they have IP's and opportunities that people would Kill for, then they squander and waste all of it.

Like Aliens colonial marines. The Marine Campaign has been done 3 times in 3 Different AVP games. The blueprint was already done for them all they had to do was copy it, and they still managed to fuck it up worse then anyone could possible imagine, because they were just stealing money from Sega.

How did Gearbox even get the rights to Bulletstorm, anyway?

pretty funny that a GzDoom wad is better than that crap.

It couldn't have been that hard to get I imagine.

Don't forget they put DRM on a remake of a six year old game

Probably desperation from both ends, all the talent People Can Fly had went to Flying Wild Hog a long time ago and they haven't developed anything since Gears Judgement, and Gearbox was looking for anything to publish under their label.

What?

Daily reminder that Jack did nothing wrong.

Gearbox is putting out a Bulletstorm remaster, and they were partnering with G2A to do it.

They originally Partnered with G2A to sell the Bulletstorm remaster.
G2A has been caught selling stolen steam keys.

This is why we need A list of all this shit Gearbox has done, I only know so much and I probably missed most of the scummy shit they did.

I might be retartat because don't see where's the problem. Was it something illegal or morally wrong?

Oh, well that's definitely wrong.

G2A sells keys that they know are stolen. A lot of people don't like them. There was a backlash and Gearbox ended their deal with G2A. They're going ahead with the Bulletstorm release, though, I think. Hell, it might even be out already.

BAZINGA

Ok lets see what we all know about Gearbox

What am I missing besides shitty meme writing.

FORTY
ROUND
M41A

Having playing Pre-memquel (shut up, I enjoyed the games and pirated regardless) Jack does seem like the biggest damn hero aroundIf I got an alien artifact fire-punched into my face by a merc I hired, I'd be a bit miffed too

3D realms could have dodged that bullet by finishing DNF at some point in it's 12 year development cycle.

A lot of his lines weren actually improvised by the actor, which pissed Anthony off.

didn't they illegally move money around to stay alive

Recently Randy buried PCF under the bus by saying he had no idea about who G2A were and it was their suggestion.

They'll only be saved because of Borderlands 3 coming out. Borderlands 2 in particular still has tens of thousands of players on Steam, loads of support, and in general was enjoyable enough minus the obnoxious writing. If it also doesnt have a bullshit online only requirement like so many others like it now have they should be fine, especially because even most Gearbox fans dont care for Battleborn.

I doubt that, considering that they blow out the budget for that game into Stillborn

Talking about Stillborn, mandatory vid related

I'm pretty disappointed they didn't make the MIDI soundfont use only Bazlooper samples.

He's my fave. He also voices Cell from DBZ. So I extra like him.

I've honestly heard worse in the pre sequel

Because there is no God OP, that's why.

He really did that? Holy shit…

Jews?

What's sad is, Bulletstorm is a pretty good game that deserved a second chance. But then PCF went to bed with Bitchford, so to hell with them.

yo this webm is from my twitch VOD, you can see the rest here
youtube.com/watch?v=0DZo9ac_vvA

So, it seems that DNF's shitty writing was also Gearbox's fault.

it was actually Triptych's fault. After 3DR went bust in 2009, about a dozen of the developers started a new company called Triptych and attempted to bottle as much of DNF that was finished as possible and shove it out the door to recoup losses and try to make something out of what they had been working on since about 2007 when the game had been rebooted into its final incarnation of development.

It was during this time the game got it's script… written by the wives of the developers. Untrained, non-professionals.

You can see a trailer for the game from that period here:
youtube.com/watch?v=i02kKSYkHck

From there Gearbox took over and spent the next 2 years polishing the turd since they had 2K games breathing down the crack of their ass to rush the thing out the door, and during that time they decided to give Duke a facelift and some other graphical changes like all those fucking hideous post-processing filters that make the game look like there's a 2 inch thick layer of Vaseline on the inside of your monitor.

Blame still falls on the shoulders of Pitchford for publishing an unfinished game with an absolutely garbage script. Perhaps some blame to 2K for demanding the game hit shelves ASAP.

That ad reminds me that this was at the end of the 4th Duke 3D episode. It's got to be the best joke in the game.

That might be fun

2001 version looks like the best version

Fuck I mean 2003

personally, i would have done anything to have played the 2007 version as was intended originally
youtube.com/watch?v=cWuteFLUPSY

duke4ever.altervista.org/textdocs/2009_DNF_World_Chart.html

it's truly depressing reading that and reflecting on the game as it is.

I know man atleast we have Forever 2013

Dubs confirm Kek says Jehovah isn't real.

Problem is user that in the gaming industry you can bank up a lot of money during your successful years to be unprofitable for a decade and still keep running for the most part. EA is a prime example that took forever to slowly die.

Worse than that user, let me tell you a hearbreaking tale…*page flipping*…scratch that, let me tell you the tale.

Seriously I feel bad for People Can Fly. I hope they get out of whatever deal they have with Gearbox because they got fucked royally.

The presequels story is so bad, either it's canon or 2 and the books are canon. That's why it's shit user.

It is, has only 10,714 owners because of Gearbox, Denuvo, and G2A. Assholes are also pricing it like it's a new game.

Aliens was a clusterfuck of everyone can go burn in hell. Gearbox lies and manipulates the public, passes the project onto Timegate, a team only known for developing the shitty Section 8 series. Sega wanted to turn it into Call of Duty and have you fight Androids most of the game instead of aliens. Forces the developer to redo levels over and over again to make them more like Call of Duty.

Timegate actually tries to be good devs and deliver on the market material and promises to consumers but are stuck between Gearbox who backs their version, and Sega the ones handing out the money trying to turn it into a Call of Duty game.

End of development game is an absolute mess, Gearbox gets it back and goes owe well good enough, gets it running and that's it and shoves it out the door. Sega ended up sued over that and even tried the same bs over their survival horror game.

We just gave them money and let them do what they wanted. Pure coincidence that they chose to do the most corporate shit possible like adding Denuvo and going with G2A.

Because I preordered DNF when I heard it was actually coming out because I wanted more douk games.

I know that feel user, I even got the Balls of Steel edition.
At least I was still able to enjoy DNF despite it being objectively shit.

The game is shit but that's a pretty sweet collection of goodies. Better than a lot of collector's editions I've seen

Source? Only most of you fags don't buy shit with denuvo and I know for a fact none of you buy (singleplayer) games.

they had to put content somewhere

I enjoyed it despite how dated it was as well.
Right up until the first Octoking showed up and then I never touched it again.

No they shouldn't. They took a major hit but not one that entirelly cripples them since it was really 2k's money they wasted not theirs. Memelands is quite a strong IP that will keep them afloat for just now, unless they screw up Memelands 3 so bad that it makes Nu Male's Sky look like a small ripple in the water.

I am right there with you. I bought it thinking it might be worth a damn. I didn't realize at the time that Gearbox was full of libtard misandrists that would just design the game solely around the idea that Duke is a misogynist prick with a constant boner for tits and inflated self-image.

All of the objective problems aside (loading times, bad writing, boring gameplay), I actually thought the ego 'shield' was a cute idea at first, but I eventually realized how utterly disrespectful the mechanic is; it makes him out to be an egomaniac, and it completely shits on his games' mechanical history.

In 5 more years, Memelands' writing will be cringey as fuck and people won't get most of the references.

With their team, I think that's a very distinct possibility. Considering writing is one of their weak points AND a necessity for a game like Borderlands No Man's Shit didn't need writing, so it failed solely on a lack of mechanical depth, I'd venture that there's going to be some shitty hyper-liberal writing debacle when the game launches; at the very least, we can probably expect reasonable mechanics from the game, since Borderlands typically has pretty good mechanics aside from glitches that they leave in and lazily bitch about getting manipulated.

I mostly buy single player games, and you can go look at their forums on steam. It's been a wonderful shit show over it. normalfags were revolting.

Straight up aside from the water level if was a pretty good game that got a lot of hate because of how progressive the reviewers were. Shooting was solid, graphics a bit dated but owe well, story was a Duke Nukem game.

Always found it funny that the game got so much hate. All my friends were like it's mediocre, but after Gamergate exposed most of the journos as being SJWs it made perfect sense.

You'd be surprised how much damage a company or a system can take before going under. They can always just keep cutting expenses elsewhere if they're not making enough money. Everything will look fairly normal to outsiders until it actually goes down.

here's a hint retard, memelands didn't get to double digit millions per title on the back of it's trash as fuck writing

Here's another hint, Gearbox isn't going away any time soon, at the very worst their own ventures will land them in the red and Take Two will just buy them and make them a wholly owned subsidiary

Reminder that Duke 1 and 2 were the comfiest shit ever.

They were right about the jokes being a decade old though.

Was Octoking bullshit because I was playing on hard? I'm kind of thinking about giving it another go now.

I think so, i haven't played the game on anything easier than "Come Get Some" so i'm not sure if he's less bullshit on easier difficulties.

Wot?
If that was the case Memelands 1 would have crashed with no survivors cause it was shit when it came to writing, to the point you felt they were making it up as it went along. It was actually decent game mechanics that made it succeed.
When Memelands 1 came out it actually was groundbreaking for the time and had something resembling interesting gunplay Cuckbox would through this out the window for their later Memeland titles for their writing

Eh maybe it was nostalgia but I laughed often enough while playing it. Then again I never try to adapt to societies changing zeitgeist and become PC.

i knocked my Duke statue off my end table one time and it broke in half. Had to superglue it back together.

kek

WTF. was the Multiplayer that good when it was alive?

Honestly yeah, there was a bit of an issue with texture pop-in after you respawned but multiplayer was genuine fun.

Also mother fucker you bought World Tour. Why would you give gearbox money for that shit?

I vaguely remember being surprised by how much I liked the multiplayer, yeah.

I don't know if I'd call this comfy, but it sure as shit isn't bad by any means.

Try this

There's so much fucking dirt on them that we'll be here for a while and other people have already said some things but they copied the aesthetic and a fucking short film for Borderlands and the intro to 2 respectively and when Pitchford was confronted by the creator of the film, Codehunters, he said "he was influenced by them".

Please go into more detail the game already being a 6/10 is known to me but the multiplayer actually did look fun.

New expansion pack for Duke 3D with levels from Blum and Levelord. What is a fanboy to do?
youtube.com/watch?v=UuhYeOKJ0Yc

You'll also notice I own two other copies of Duke 3D on steam. I also own it on GoG as well as pic related.

The joke that's standing out in my mind as dated as fuck (still laughed at it at the time) was when Duke was given some familiar green power armor to wear.

No one played multiplayer at release.

The game modes are all straight forward. Dukematch, team dukematch, capture the babe(flag), king of the hill. The maps were all pretty decently layed out, the combat is fast paced and while in the single player you would often get stuck with the alien weapons which suck massive amounts of cock, in MP you always got to fuck with the shotty/ripper/devastator/rpg/railgun as well as the shrinker so the gunplay was good. They also brought the jetpack back from Duke3D in multiplayer, so that was something else it had going for it.

The only thing i didn't like about DNF mp was the way they changed Hollywood Holocaust to be this weird paintball yard? and since Duke can't jump nearly as high in Forever as he could in 3D you have all these sandbags stacked around so you can climb up to the higher elevated portions of the map.

I did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bizarre Creations and Black Rock were shuttered a couple years ago, and some of their games were dank as hell

Crave andJoWood and Agetec and Interplay and all the other mid-tier publishers from the 2000s aren't dead, but the publishing activity is a fucking crater of their former selves. Nordic Games were lucky enough to survive and even buy some THQ IPs.

Lucky, all I got was constant lag even with a good connection so I never really got to enjoy it.