General Holla Forums reminder

Hey, Holla Forums, I know this is sudden but I just wanted to remind you that despite everything, you're not Anthony Burch. Congrats!

Feels good man.

Well, as with all things Burch related, it has to have some faggotry involved.

??????

this is proof that only faggots play Persona.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

I dont get it what's good old burch trying to say?

He's a cuck but Persona 5's translation is pretty shit.

I don't understand what is Burch's problem with that line.
Is he trying to pass as someone who knows how to write?

ok now that you mention it that sounds awful. Might be im not native english

A halfchan newfag is still better than Burch

Oh god you trigger me so good i want to fucking murder you

This thread is not video games.

I think it's worded a little bit awkwardly for instance "A public transit bus was driving down the wrong lane with it's passengers still inside!" But I can only assume that was the problem. I'm not trying to defend him because he's shit but I kind of understand the problem.

this is funny, but there were screencaps I saw from P5 that had some pretty engrish writing

*would be smoother but I can only assume that was the problem.

Fuck

'A bus full of passengers was driving down the wrong lane!' is easier to read.

Yeah I'm no writer and neither is Burch, your's is probably better. I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong with the line.

The biggest thing wrong with Persona 5 besides the translations is that Atlus literally threaten to shut anyone down for streaming or posting any videos of the game past 7/7 in-game. That just seems retarded.

That's where we will have to disagree, both are terrible and need to kill themselves ASAP.

Nice cuckchan screencap

Check em

When will imageboards go back to being a thing the general populous avoids?

Phil Fish pretended his own twitter was hacked by Holla Forums. Everyone on 4chan knew it was bullshit just because he wrote "Holla Forums" in the post. That's it.

Active voice versus passive voice.

Still relevant today.

From what I've observed, people who watch lets plays have no intention of playing the game themselves (or are not interested at all and just watch for the player's personality) or want to see the game in motion before buying (and so don't watch far enough to see spoilers). It's a Ninty-tier retarded and pointless move by Atlus.

Also the translation in the op is awkward, but nothing to make a fuss about. It's not a good translation, but it's perfectly serviceable. I haven't played the game myself, but if that's awkward one line out of 100s of 1000s then I don't see the big deal.

Dubs

the line can't be translated well because it was never written well in the first place. why is someone telling us this is happening instead of us just seeing it?

The line is said by a newscaster on tv in the backround to setup a conversation about all the weird accidents that have been happening lately for exposition an foreshadowing. I didn't notice anything fucky when I heard it and when I look at it more critically it does sound like a news headline. It's short enough to give the gist, but also long enough to have a hook.

I'm not defending P5's translation, but there really isn't anything wrong with that line given the context that it was used in.

Shortly following the scene I mentioned above is an animated scene of a subway train conductor, eyes white and mouth drooling, accelerating the train so fast it blows by one stop and plows through the second before piling up on itself.

If I had to guess I would say Burch wasn't posturing as a "writer," he wouldn't want to offend anybody now would he? Instead I think the response in OP's pic sums it up. That line, which does not stand out in any way at all, made an impression on him.

crossboarder scum are on the same level as burch though