Grim Dawn

This is a pretty okay game.

Help me improve my Nightblade character, I just recently beat Normal but don't really know where to go from here. Should I finish the quests in Normal or just ford ahead and start on the next difficulty? Also what's the best setup for a pure Nightblade at this point? I plan on getting one of the expansion classes once it comes out.

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52416
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52801
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PoE farmwankers incoming 1… 2…

You're going to need either defensive gear or devotions once you hit veteran and elite if you're set on going pure nightblade

Don't encourage 'em user.

Agree.

Also take a shadow strike for ez escape.

POE RULES, GRIM DAWN DROOLS

woah m8 you might want to take a second class or you will be eradicated in late elite and onwards.
if you want to be da freeze mage glasscannon then arcanist would be an option. but for a solid dps build with survival go soldiers as your second class.

if youre interested, even if a bit outdated this is was my last char that i played before i accidently deleted everything. currently trying to get him back by grinding all over again

He's playing normal, it hardly matters what he does.

As I said, I'm waiting for the new classes and wanna keep my options open. I don't intend to play all the way through the difficulties with a single class.

I really hope they don't mess up the necromancer class, that's always so hard to get right

I finished torchlight 2 twice, fucking loved it. How does this compare to TL 2 coming from the perspective of someone who enjoyed TL 2?

So what's the inquisitor class? Battlemage? Tank?

even then it would be better to go nightblade/soldier and farm up legendarys and gear for leveling in the mean time. leveling the second time is 10x as fast.

fire/lightning-mage presumably from what we know

looks like a fire/lightning mage with traps

That makes sense. I'd go Demo though because I love to shoot shit.

It's all sorts of fun

demo is top kek gameplay. if you want 3fps and a red screen go ranged 2h or Dual wield with fire aoe procs. you will rarely see a clusterfuck of that proportion for a long time

Ranged demo doesn't sync well with Nightblade, which is almost all melee-oriented. It's better with Soldier or Arcanist, and don't use 2h rifles, which are the worst weapon class in the game right now. Also, just pick a mastery now, and when the expansion comes out, use GD Defiler to remove it and refund your skill points.

Broadly speaking, it's more complex and has more build diversity. The big gameplay changes are that most of your attacks won't be multishot projectiles like Embermage or Engineer, and that you won't have the untargeted dashes most classes have. If you've played Titan Quest, you'll know exactly what you're getting into, since most of GD is a refinement of those gameplay principles.

Sweet, as long as it's not too autistic. Guess I'll download it then.

I've gone occultist/demo got a lot of good dual pistol gear. Mainly fireshot and fire strike so default attack slaughters. Only points in occultist is for that skill that adds chaos dmg to attacks.

Occultist is my favorite class so I've been doing a bunch of different builds with it, my current one being occultist/arcanist. Solael's witchfire is so good

I've been going as Demo/Arcanist, focusing mainly on a combination of Fire/Aether damage but I haven't completed normal yet. Is it wise to focus on these two specific skills? I've been getting kills by slapping Aetherfire on canister bomb (Stuns enemies leaving them to be melted by the aether damage) but I haven't been using the likes of blackwater cocktail at all.

Blackwater cocktail is more of a debuff/defensive ability, pretty good if you need survivability and cc in elite and ultimate

Did we really run out of diablo clones? Can somebody recommend me something that isn't
Because I played through all of that and their respective sequels.

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard

It's bad though.

Then it's not a "recommendation" my dude. I love me some vikings, is it really that bad?
I also remembered that I played Van Helsing and Victor something games too. Wasn't particularly impressed.

Demo is trash, and the only good offensive skill in arcanist is devastation.

Prepare for an action packed thrill ride.

i remember my first arpg too

don't really know anything about this game.

Is it as fun as Torchlight 2 was?

If you've ever played titan quest, gameplay wise it's 1:1 a shittier titan quest with a better aesthetic.

Torchlight 2 is even worse, though, so I'd say that it's at least slightly better than that.

Torchlight 2 is fucking gold, what are you on about?

They actually fixed the item design issues that Titan Quest had, where there was 1 melee weapon that was the best for any build, and anything that relied on flat damage was worthless in the endgame.

Eh.

That's not true, I ripped that game apart with my Bolt Traps which used flat damage buffs from shit like Battle Standard.

I think i'm in the wrong thread

>>>/reddit/

And half of the caster builds you could make went to shit at Ultimate because resists and health outscaled the flat damage on skills.

At least the itemization in Grim Dawn requires more thought than "slap on these 2 items and faceroll all the content."

Fucking bump? Did the genre run out of games?
Come on cocksuckers there gotta be more games.

what the fuck do you expect? to over saturate the fuckin genre so we have more shittier arpg hack and slash game and have people complained how theres too many of those games?

Yes? I mean there are so many FPS or JRPGs that I can find the that satisfy even the weirdest, shittiest or the most refined of tastes, but when it comes to diablo clones I fucking run out of them in my lifetime, what the fuck.

Probably because the controls of FPS games require more player input than RMB/LMB and the top keyboard row.

Think Dark Alliance on PC but when you die you RELOAD from the last save point instead of respawn and other assorted idiocy.

BWC is pretty amazing for clearspeed. I use a BWC sorcerer for doing crucible and it's a breeze even on gladiator. While it doesn't compare to a cold spellbreaker in single target damage, it's still not horrible.

Threadly reminder that this game has a mod compilation that adds 30 (25ish that aren't particularly imba) relatively high quality classes to it by the name of DAIL on Nexus. Vanilla is way too fucking content starved past a few Ultimate completions.

Grim Dawn keeps freezing up my entire computer (not even SuperF4 can unfuck it) at random, sometimes even in the main menu.
It's a legit copy too.

hepl wat do

post specs and os duh

Go for Calidor Tempest and Aether lazerbeam. Search/trade/craft for Agrivix set and knot Widow stellar with Aether Lazer beam. Its a pure 30k-70k damage per sec in lategame.

But if you goes Aether+Lightning - go Shaman+ Arcanist and use this. Max sphere and use a Hollow Steel for spell lifesteal.

GTX 970 overcucked
i7-4790K
16GB wam
ahemwindowstennobullyahem

Doubt specs are an issue.

And this pants working well with melecaster.

Thats a lot of classes

Its your Addware OS. Delete this shit and install Win7.

I will always bully

Well you know what you need to do then.
Why ask in the fist place?

Any details on the Necromancer class?

I predict skeletons.

Occultist, get to Blood of Dreeg, max it, get to Aspect of the Guardian, get enough to max your poison resistances.
Can't go wrong with that.

Nothing beyond the last two Misadventures, as far as I'm aware.
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52416
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52801

They better let me have 7000 of them, otherwise im going to bomb their office

Welp

I wish we can now summon skeleton guardian.

Can I just say Thank you OP for making me finally install this game, and FUCK YOU OP for making me finally install this game.

I had fucking work to get done this week you ass.

Damn I put a million hours into this before crucible. And now there is an expansion, necromancer suppose to come out, and they changed itemization to grant you bonus/different effects on skills.

Should dust off my old characters pretty soon.

I'm pretty excited to make a true skelly man build

Context? Are those Necro pets or new monsters? Either way, shit looks Mythos-esque, that's nice.

New C'htonians. People complain about little variety of monsters and common enemy.

What is a good combo for a pure gun Demo. Arcanist, Shaman, or Occult?

I started a Demo with an Arcanist, and found a 2h cannon. What I got was pic related.