So the Switch has almost outsold the Wii U already. Its safe to say the Wii U is fucking dead as dicks

So the Switch has almost outsold the Wii U already. Its safe to say the Wii U is fucking dead as dicks.

So how long does the 3DS have left? it doesnt look quite dead but with rumours of a pokemon and monster hunter on the switch it makes you wonder if its going to pull a DSi and just linger for years.

How long do you expect to see good 3DS games still release before devs just go to swtich. Megaten, Zelda and Mario probably wont be going back so other than pokemon and monhun whats left? layton and pheonix wright?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg
youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
fortune.com/2017/03/07/nintendo-switch-sales-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mid-2018, which is when Nintendo said they'd drop support.
Tomorrow's Direct will announce a couple games like Ever Oasis, maybe they'll hint at Pokemon Gen 4 remakes, and a MonHun Generations Ultimate localisation.

I haven't seen any news on switch sales.

Like the NES classic edition they deliberately understock it in order to create hype.

monhun is the barometer i think. capcom said there is a monhun game coming this summer in japan for something other than 3ds and said "playing MHXX first on 3DS".

Because real talk monhun on the switch is a fucking big deal.

It seems to have worked.

It worked, its horseshit but it worked. For what is basically the Zelda device till the end of the month they played it smart and i still know folks chasing switches down who have bought a copy of zelda at launch.

I can't see it replacing the 3DS (due to hardware issues + size) but being their target audience is older & uses it at home (while actual children just play phone games), maybe it will.

If it gets a "killer app" (a term I fucking hate) that makes it sell to a demographic that buys something else outside the franchise they like, it might work (i.e. it can't just be Pokemon)

I've always thought one 'must buy' game can sell a console, but it takes three to make it part of your regular time.
For me that would probably be splatoon, mario kart and monster hunter because zelda sure wouldnt last forever.

MonHun on Switch is my main reason for laughing at shitposters crowing about the Switch's demise because they saw the crowbcat video. It will happen with 3DS support being dropped soon and MH is a system-seller, a very big one.

It doesn't replace the 3DS, it's just too large and bulky. It also looks like another Wii U with no games. The only game now or in the foreseeable future is Zelda and it's an awful game which means these will start gathering dust in record time, and people who forgot they own one aren't going to be buying games.

The switch with monhun in japan will fucking kill the xbone dead and probably cut into the ps4 for those guys that play god eater because they hate handheld monhun.

And then they locked it behind paid online.
And if you use a phone to party-up with friends, odds are your phones signal will interfere with Switch controller's signal.

They released the Switch FAR too early, and most of the titles will be Wii-U titles they force onto Switch.

Mario, Zelda etc. Are nice to buy once you have the console, but you don't go out of your way to buy the console for it (along with some other titles).
Not nowadays anyway, maybe for Donkey Kong Country Returns or Metroid Prime.

If there's one thing Nintendo has mastered, is knowing how to exploit retards

It's not even Zelda-Fanboys.
They aimed at normalfags harder than ever- more than the Wii.

Nintendo are trying to cut off ties with their old audience and foster a new, less demanding, casual one.
At least in the west.

We still need to see how they shit the bed with online, i could honestly see it being such a trash fire they cant charge. Remember FFXIV 1.0? they have a real shame complex over this stuff and i expect this shit to fucking blow.

Thank fuck i live near one of the two monhun cafes in bongland.

Come on man, they already had that figured with amiibos. There are people on Holla Forums that bought those fucking things.

Wait, we have MonHun cafes?
In London or something? Surprising such a (comparatively) niche thing exists.
"Gaming bars" where you play arcades + watch e-sports turning a profit barely makes sense to me.

Oddly enough, Nintendo feels the least apologetic. Sure they gave out 10 (old) Nintendo games for free because the 3DS library sucked, but they've done it again for WiiU and Switch.
Sony Execs at least bowed for a fuck long time (that's a massive deal in nip-land) for hiding their customer info in "CreditCards.txt"

Nintendo make up for fuck ups with trinkets- and do the same shit again.

Sony make up for fuck ups with more expensive trinkets, but less of them, and prostrate themselves in Japan- but they fuck up again out of incompetence.

Microsoft has a blank check from Bill Gates & the NSA- they couldn't give less of a fuck- but they're still pissed Sony & Nintendo aren't cut out of the market & want to be the only people selling games in the west (hence their failed attempts at Windows Store again and again).

Steam also give no fucks, but have a smaller war-chest than Microsoft.

Developers don't care if they release a broken product, because they can patch later.
Publishers don't care how underhanded they have to be to sell shit to the largest group possible.

No one (big) in the industry is sorry for fuck ups, because they don't care if they fucked up. They got their money, onto the next project.

London -aka a smog filled swamp no man should visit- and Nottingham -aka its fine if you get out before 6pm when the crackheads come out-.

Lotta asian overseas students study in the midlands at places like Nottingham and Repton and that means theres a huge weeb culture here and monhun gets ques here at midnight while shit like WoW and cawadoody dont.

Sitting under a shade in autumn with a warm drink watching the leaves fall playing mh4u with neckbeards, qt introvert asian girls who dont know anyone outside their classes and the generic Woolie clone was the best of times.

Midlands is fucking paradise compared to the south. Stafford is fucking comfy.

Wrong.
Shipped 1.5mil units and sold 700k in the first fortnight.
You were just getting jewed by Amazon and GoyStop. There were plenty of systems available here in Australia, and the stores were packed on launch to sell them.

t. Aussie game shop employee
Funnily enough, EB is owned by GameStop, but we don't do scarcity over here.

MonHun, even just XX, and a Pokemon Sun/Moon port would sell the system like crazy. They would be rolling in money.

Well, apart from the online being cheaper than other consoles, which isn't at all a good excuse, there's a couple reasons I don't mind the paid online idea for a Nintendo console:
1) They don't release many online games. Usually it's just a gimmick like the 3DS SpotPass which is tacked on
What is there? Pokemon battles, MonHun and Splatoon?
2) You can still muck about with your router and play "LAN" over the internet with others

Australian universities are swamped with Japs. I regularly go visit my mates at Uni who were in longer courses than me just to keep playing with the Japs.
Pic related.

They should test the waters with Monhun DLC on Breath of the Wild.

Its like portland without the hippies and just the spirt of the 90's

Monhun is capcoms unwavering money maker. I do not see them risking their golden calf to experiment.

But what about that BotW DLC on Monhun :^)

Capcom has a history of developing zelda games with nintendo, and they've done cross promotional stuff with monster hunter before.
Throwing a Rathaos and Lagia boss fight into Zelda doesn't seem like a risk.

Splatoon was a big money maker. They'd be insane to charge online for babies-first-online-FPS. Means only die-hard fans of the first will buy.
MonHun + Pokemon I can see them paying for online for, but they really shouldn't as it's their main appeal. I might, I've been getting into online battles, but if I keep losing when I'm not using copy-pasta teams I might give up on it.

Can it be a Lagi with that sweet, sweet 13k HP pool?

Thought I typed Splatoon. That will be another system seller, I think.
Apparently a lot of the indie games are really good, but too pricey for what they are. And that Snake Pass game apparently took under a week to port from PC to Switch, so perhaps we'll see lots of smaller devs jumping into the Switch instead of the other consoles.

I want to see fucboi link fight hororohoruru/malfiesto

Just gonna use this thread for questions
What's the deal with the Online for the Switch? Is it still free?

That's not going to cause 3rd parties to jump to it.

I hope they port over Wonderful 101

One of the few good things to come out of localisations in recent times is the monster names in the West.

It's free until Q3, I think, though the only game I can think of with online MP is MK8, and that's out next fortnight.

80% of the games on it are 3rd party, and a lot of devs releasing games around now are already porting it, see Snake Pass, Yooka-Laylee, Memecraft, Skyrim etc.

Last they said was 'its free till late autumn' as a test. But anyone who knows DeNA are not expecting good things.

I fully expect the switch will be to 3ds as the 3ds was to ds. same devs, same franchise and just chugging along making steady, not innovative nor offensive interations on existing games. Not a bomb not a huge library of amazing games but will serve its purpose.

No regrets. Will probably end up getting a Switch in a few years when the next console comes out.

I just want Pokemon Colosseum just bigger and longer

I'd really rather not have to get a switch, but if Monster Hunter 5 Ultimate comes out on it, I don't think I'd have much of an option, unless it gets a 3DS release too.

But lets be real, they wouldn't release that on the 3DS when they're trying to sell Switches.

I can only hope MH5U on Switch will run at 60fps in both docked and portable mode, and that the Switch will eventually go down in price and that Nintendo's next set of Switches they ship out are fixed and not all fucked up like the first-run ones.

I don't own a smart phone so I have no way of joining friends.

what happened?

That mobile app is a glorified Mumble chat.
You can still add friends through the console and can invite/join them from it.

I hope Nintendo goes the fuck out of business and we get Monster Hunter on every platform instead of objectively worse ones each subsequent release.

it worked because there was a better marketing campaign and a name that didnt confuse casuals. im not sold on understocking it to make hype when its partly the reason i havent bought one.

you never heard user? There were QUITE a few switches that straight up wouldn't work on launch day, the left joy-con refusing to sync up, the dock scratching the screen of the tablet part, and now recently it's been discovered that the tablet will WARP if it's only played in dock mode all that time due probably to the heat the tablet puts out. On top of that all the peripherals apparently feel like cheap garbage, especially the dock from what i've heard.

A nice dream, but it'll never happen I'm afraid. Too many Nintoddlers and nostalgia-fags lap up the diarrhea Nintendo gushes out of their asses.

I know :^(

There seem to be more good games in development for 3DS than the switch. This confuses me. It's like they're shooting themselves in the foot. Then again the switch is selling well but will it continue after everyone is bored with zelda?

The 3DS finally stopped shitting the bed and became an okay successor to the DS.

The correct answer for not buying one is nogaems yet. Understocking is an NoA problem, not a NoJ or NoE problem.

Props for not just linking the Crowbat youtube video like that shill.

Huh? There's nothing coming out for the 3DS. Just some shitty ports and shovelware titles no one will remember.

The 3DS has one of the drabbest, most boring and rehashed libraries of any console ever.
I found myself playing my PSP more than my 3DS, DESPITE my 3DS being homebrewed.

i got a Wii just to play MHTri back in the day

That's the switch though

Thankfully, Nintendo went with the one Nvidia product that doesn't cause housefires. Only the one that moderately melts plastic.

That was actually the point that I came to dislike Monster Hunter. Loved everyone up until then but fuck I hated Tri for some reason. Every once since I've found worse. Maybe I just don't like Hunter games now.

But my general animus targeted at Nintendo just leads me to blame them for ruining yet more of the industry.

I don't know. The 3DS has a lot of $5 forgettable games. The switch makes you pay $60 for them so you never forget them :^)

4U is probably the definitive game.
Tri isn't by the main team, if that makes you feel better. They also fucked up X/Gen.

Gotta go find that Russian guy who set his co-worked on fire for preferring AMD.

Tri was the beginning of the end.
Most faggots who play MH started with Tri and never played MH one or Dos.

Capcom will never put it on Sony consoles. They are way too pissed off with them over various deals in the past.
They don't interact with MS much, and I'm fairly sure all the ports to Xbox and PS are done by another company.

The only alternatives are SEGA releasing another console (NEVAR) or PC, which Capcom doesn't like either for whatever reason. The Denuvo crack on RE7 would of only cemented that idea.

Plus, the Japs are the main audience for MonHun, and they're not too big on home consoles, whilst handhelds and phones are massive compared to the west, and Nintendo is the only company that puts out a handheld and actually tries for it.

You better have bought Bayo 2 son. Or thats a paddlin'

This user hits the nail on the head as well

My parents won't get me a dog like the Neighbors have, but if my neighbors get MURDERED then my parents will have no choice but to adopt their dog!

Most of us have figured this out when the Switch was unveiled back in October.

If I had to guess, I'd give it another two years or so. It was only until around 2014 or so when the Nintendo DS had it's few last games released (Big Hero 6 and other minor third-party rubbish), making the system ten years old and still having games come out for it.

Actually, I don't suppose that the 3DS will have as long of a lifespan. Over the next two years, you'll see a gradual winding down as Nintendo will become more comfortable with putting their bets on the Switch being their main money-maker and less likely to rely on the Nintendo 3DS as a financial backup.

Welp, that's unfortunate. The Wii U is the better system.

I liked everything up to 4U, 4U isn't perfect but its the most balanced and fun instead of something like MHG/X where there is a straight best weapon and set to nuke everything and its all fucking farm quests and shitty MH1 monsters like buldrome that are boring as fuck even by god eater standards.

Oh yeah I remember hearing about the scratching. Some guy went ahead and custom designed his own dock from what I heard because of it. Didn't realise there were heating problems though, I'm surprised they didn't fix that before release considering how much of a mistake that is. Unless of course they had to rush it, but I'm sure that would never happen.

I didn't even think about Bayo
To be fair I haven't played the first either. no bully pls

I didn't even expect the 3DS to last 5 years when it came out, unless you count the N3DS.

My parents won't get me a dog like the neighbours have because the kernel has an agreement with the neighbours to give that type of dog exclusively to them, but if my neighbours get MURDERED then there is no reason the kernel won't give that type of dog to my parents to since they no longer have the neighbours as a business partner.

They'll all just be put to sleep.

It is when you consider that Nintendo is the only hardware developer that is exclusively dedicated to creating video games, and they have unarguably the greatest customer service reputation among all video game hardware companies.

It is when you haven't played the console for yourself to see how it works. The Switch's hardware concept of going from a home console to a portable console with seamless transisition works. As a member of the US military, I find myself in extended periods of downtime in between tasks or briefings and playing Breath of the Wild and continuing on a side-quest that I started at home while away from home is pretty damn nifty. Plus, the other soldiers liked the Quick Draw game from 1-2 Switch. Nintendo designed it to be a home console that can switch into a portable console easily, and it works incredibly well like that.

People buy what they like? What a fucking outrage!

foxandgrapes.jpg

Switch will never have a Monhun game
After 3DS is dead Capcom will develop MH for Mobile

Even though it's production has stopped, you've got at least 5 or so games to enjoy on the system now IMO.

If you can it's games cheap, you'll find some fun shit.
Or just pirate, I'm not your Mom.

Comfy.

Delet this.
RE7 showed us they have shills here; you shouldn't give them ideas to return to their msaters with.

I'm quite frankly tired of spending $300+ on a Nintendo games that gets four fucking games worth playing in its entire lifetime. Oh, and is also 5+ year old hardware.

Nintendo is no longer competing, they're stagnant and surviving 100% on nostalgia. Until you faggots who keep BUYING the Ninstolgia knock it off they'll never improve and you'll be left defending more and more pathetic offerings.

At the current rate you pieces of shit will be defending Nintendo selling rebranded iPhone3's with Yoshi stickers on them that play Dr Mario at 18 fps and 480i.

I started with MH1, played them all up through MHFU and had a blast. Tri came out and we pretty well unanimously agreed it was shit. We tried MH4U as well but that lasted exactly one session as it was also basically shit. Sure loved that 40 degree field of view and entire cast of Plesioth Tier bullshit hitboxes.

Is this some elaborate, multi-post bait?

Because PS4 and xbone both have literally hundreds of worthwhile games on them. Don't put the blame on nintendo for an issue that's clearly a problem for the whole industry.
So you're just retarded then.

It's not my fault you've been playing shit on Nintendo hardware so long you forgot what decen games are like.

All true, but generations was fucking worse in every way.

I think they will keep the 3DS longer but I wish the Wii U had a couple of games that prove that the idea had some merit. Honestly the industry that prop up Bioshock has no authority to tell people what works and what doesn't.

Excellent rebuttal of the points brought up.
You've clearly not played MH4U at all, and seem to be suffering from a classic case of sour grapes.
The fact you think that 3U and 4U weren't amazing improvements over the games prove you've either never played them or have something wired poorly in your brain.

It has nothing to do with the hardware it's on, the software is what matters, and it has been improved on consistently.
Hell, X and XX are a complete clusterfuck, but mechanically it has a lot of good additions.

I played MH3U, which was shit, and MH4U on n3DS, which was also shit.

And software AND hardware matter. Nintendo have proven that they can sit on their ass and pump out a medicore game once every 3-5 years on sub par hardware and people will still eat it up and defend it. That's spread to their business partners including in the Monster Hunter franchise where they learned they could just halfass everything, especially by developing on 3DS's ancient and fairly shit hardware. No doubt the Switch will result in even more stagnation.

Face it, Nintendo hardware attracts nothing but shovelware and doddering companies that don't know how to make a good game anymore so they just remake the last thing they made with some mild changes. Nintendo are basically a video game manifestation of entropy.

Yet to address any points made or
The game's are mechanically better. Your only gripe is that they're not on another console the console you like the most.
As I said, Capcom refuses to put shit on Sony or MS consoles for various reasons. It's Nintendo or nothing at this point.

I'm sorry that Sony and Microsoft are so focused on DVRs and cable services that you have to come here for entertainment.

I have no idea why the fuck you faggots hate fun. Despite the Wii U being a colossal fucking failure saleswise, it has a great line-up of first party games.

And others that I have probably forgotten to mention. But you fucking faggots will not stop whining.

Oh fuck i never considered a fatal frame on the switch. shit.

The wii u was a fucking disaster in every sense and the snitch is going to be 10 times worse

Reaching for straws a bit, eh?

This is some really shitty bait and I have no idea why people are responding.

I am casual, yes.

levels of brand recognition

sooper mareeoh
final fantasy
metal gear
monster hunter
shin megami tensei
s.t.a.l.k.e.r
farm simulator

Nintendo console's popularity is what attracts shovelware. When you have a system that's selling like maple syrup at a pancake festival, every no-name company is going to release some simple $10 game for the system because they're almost guaranteed a profit return. That's why we have such titles as Chicken Shoot and Imagine: Party Babyz on the Wii.

Secondly, Nintendo has consistently proven it's whole philosophic mantra over and over again: The quality of software is far more important than the quality of the hardware. There have been multiple points in history where that type of thinking didn't help them become the industry sales leader, but even at their weakest, Nintendo put out the greatest games ever released.

While most bought the PlayStation back between 1995-2000, the Nintendo 64 had some of the most groundbreaking games ever released, and many that have literally shaped how all modern day games are made (Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye 007, etc.)

In 2001-2006, The GameCube placed a distant third behind the PlayStation 2 with their Grand Theft Auto III and Xbox with their Halo, but the stock of games released for the system was worlds beyond the dark and gritty mature games that were popular at the time (Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, F-Zero GX, Resident Evil, etc.)

And the Wii U, throughout it's lifetime, had the most original and exciting lineup of games while both the PS4 and the XB1 have been keeping afloat with year-by-year multiplatform AAA games that have slowly began to drop in sales (The Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, etc.)

So why is it that Nintendo is putting out the best games ever released, despite it's hardware not being up to par with it's competitors half the time in one way, shape, form or another?

Perhaps hardware itself doesn't matter, it's how you utilize it.

You are like little babby.
Acquire a 3DS, install MH4U and play a couple hundred hours.
4U is pretty much entry-tier MH. Everything before it is harder but more rewarding, while X/XX/Gen are stupid and piss-easy (though Soulsfags still manage to be shit at it).

The tragic thing is that there's a father out there somewhere that's constantly sad and frustrated that he has a son that turned out to be such a waste on society.

That man deserved better than what he got.

Feggets, the lot of them.

really stretching it here

No Xenoblade Chronicles X, no buy

3 months earlier

I legit thought the DS is for kids though. How could you spend a couple hundred hours on a handheld game?

Just like games themselves or anything: Concept is almost nothing. Execution is key.

I still think Nintendo blundered with the Wii U and Switch, it's just they aren't sinking as much as PlayStation and XBox who have had multiple AAA disappointments.

Have you forgotten about how many hours people put into pokemon games?

What happened to Mr. Plinkett?

cat allergies

Nintendo land was really fun actually, not alone but I'd bring it to parties and we'd have fun playing it.

(either way it's better than 1 + 2 switch, not like that's saying much)

Oh sweet baby boy, you have no idea. Monhun for 3ds is what bloodlines is for PC. You dont understand why it has such power but it does.

Get on it because nobody hates monster hunter.

The only game I liked was the metroid one and I think that might be because I just really want another metroid

I believe Bayo 2 comes with Bayo 1 included as a bonus.

that many launch issues and it cost more then then a normal ps4/xbone plus a year of its online service and a game.
I also saw a friend's friend have one and play it for a while. shits tiny as fuck its basically a new 3ds xl.
that shit can easily be bigger and thicker to hold a better battery and cooling then what they have.

False

"Its not the producer of the console fault, YOUR fault". This is the nintendrone equivalent of gamers are entitled

Oh nice, looks like I know how I'm celebrating the end of exams.

As someone who played silly amounts of Pokemon, I can't believe I did forget

Also try Wonderful 101, maybe Hyrule Warriors.
There's bound to be at least 2 other titles to try.

Shovel Knight is great- but being able to swap items without pausing isn't that appealing when you have to stand still to be safe anyway.
And I've been loving Steam World Heist- but the sale on the "Nindies" is already over, so I'd get that on PC.

That is conjecture as far as I know. The one source I've been given only says at least through 2018.

http:// www.telegraph .co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/nintendo-switch-interview-nintendo-price-games-hopes-new-console/

Oh yeah I remember those ones now, I'll definitely get them, thanks. Nice to know my decision to get a Wii U instead wasn't a bad one.

but it was crap, agree with most of those though.

smash was shit

I hate it

Bayo 2 does come with Bayo 1.

Gaming is saved

By all means, provide examples games more influential or ground-breaking than anything Nintendo has ever published or developed.

Doom, Half-Life, Metal Gear Solid, Wizardry, Ultima, Pac-Man, Breakout!, Grand Theft Auto III.

1998, the year of dreams.

Yup, you sure convinced me.

Nintendo was once OKAY but they've fallen immensely far. Their anti-consumer practices go all the way back to the NES when they shut down open development in the name of 'protecting people from poor quality products' with their "Seal of Quality" but it wasn't long before they stopped issuing that and were just sucking up licensing fees from all the shitty games.

Anyway
This isn't about who's better, it's about how Nintendo is shit.

Christ. They are still newer than the Gen 1 remakes. They have to remake the Gen 1 remakes first!

I feel the same, pretty much. I bought a New 3DS XL when the prices dropped, as well as a couple of games I was really interested in, and then played the waiting game to see if shit would drop that would make me wanna play, but so far nothing I care about. No new Famicom Wars title, no good Mario title, not even good multiplats. It's not like Sony and Michaelsoft have done any better, in fact all of them pretty much suck, but I used to put a little more trust in Nintendo given that their games wouldn't be in a playable state on PeeCee, unlike the other two platforms that get multiplat support almost half a year after the main title gets out.

I was extremely disappointed in Brawl, the only thing that kept me playing it were the mod support and even then Nintendo went through all the effort to crush it like the soulless beast they've become. I am not a fan of games getting gimped to support the same version on two completely different consoles in terms of hardware.
Not a fan but I hear it's all the rage
Literally those SMW editors but arguably worse because of Amiibos
I was really interested in this title but I lost all of it when I realized how much of a failure the Switch was gonna be and how unlikely it was that Nintendo would support the online past Wii U's life cycle.
I forgot this one even existed lol
Cookie cutter samey shit that is overpriced for what it actually offers
Don't care
Now you're just grasping at straws
No matter how much people shill for it, I will never understand why people think this game can be fun when all the first two laps do is just warm up for the only one that counts. There's like a billion other kart racers that are better than Mario Kart simply because they're racing games instead of party games.
Zelda is pretty fucking tame

The only ones I could care about, but I wouldn't pay 300+ dollarydoos just to experience these.

The Wii didn't attract shovelware because of its popularity, but because it was literally the cheapest hardware to work on and it could fit PS2 era knowledge into it while also using the Motion Controls everyone was talking about, including other developers.
And the reason why I say this is because of examples like the original Playstation, which was meant to be the underdog, yet produced a shitload of games because for one thing Sony had the foresight of handing out cheap development toolkits and for the other, Nintendo shot themselves in the foot because "muh piracy" and forced people to work with antiquated shit like cartridges.

Truly the perfect Nintendo webm. I salute you.

Isn't there already a monhun mobile game?

Yes, a port of one of the PSP games.

I haven't noticed that the Wii U joysticks resemble anyone's nipples.

I feel like committing suicide for fucking up the left joystick, fuck Mario Kart 8.

The only Mario spinoff that sells like dogshit, good one, fam

Adam SandlerXSuper Mario, confirmed

Aspies online fucking up designs and no slopes.

Wii U seems better than the Switch hardware wise. It's a shame all the devs are jumping ship.

It's boring as fuck. Dunno why it's so popular.

you mean like the controller?

I mean in that it's a console and not a fucking tablet.

lolnope

Not even slightly is it a tablet.

o rly?

You know the nintendo switch outselling the Wii U isn't all that much of an accomplishment when you consider how fucking bad the scalping situation is.
There's virtually zero software sales.

You can get a kit to fix the thumbstick for like $12 comes with the screwdrivers too.

I live in a third world country, where they still sell Wii accessories.

I think it's a rather shit game that got people in via hype, so when everyone bought it they saw their friends playing it because their friends brought it and then acted like it was the best shit in the world despite not liking it to fit in.

The controls are clumsy, the pace of each fight is slow, it's grindy as fuck and you'll never see someone who's a hardcore fan of the original game, because no one liked the original because it was SHIT.

The series is entirely sold on concept and hype, but the actual game series is fucking horrible and it spawned much better versions of itself, known as God Eater, Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden, all of which have their own gimmicks and changes that make them better then the originals.

God Eater has a much faster pace and a bullet system where you ca do some really stupid and hilarious custom shit, and you're expected to in order to create a variety of bullets that act in different ways to cope with any situation. For example you can use a drill shot to break armor for items, but you can also set it up so that the bullet seeks targets, thus ridding your need to aim so you can focus on not getting hit. You can also have your weapon chomp on an enemy to extract special bullets that can be used against them while powering up your abilities.

Soul Sacrifice has a giant weapon variety (aka the spells) and a MUCH faster pace, while also reducing the monotony by generally not giving enemies a giant amount of health to artificially inflate the difficulty.

Toukiden is basically just a much faster DMC version of Monster Hunter.

It might have set up it's competitors but when you get down to it Monster Hunter hasn't changed and is boring as fuck,

Just saying, you could order the kit, and have a functioning like new wii u gamepad thumbstick in like, 10 minutes, 45 if you have poor technical and motor skills.

Do you have numbers on the scalpers?

Breath of the wild sold 87% of the Switch in just physical sales, most games sell around 11% digital so it would be around 96% attach rate.

You can shit post about it in a month and a half, but Mario Kart 8 deluxe is coming out and that game is one of the few capable of monstrous amounts of sales.

Yeah let me just call gamestop and ask how many stores sold their entire stock to one person, I'll let you know how it goes.

Then don't make a point about it unless you have some data.

It's a reasonable assumption, and just because he can't ask for sales data from a corparation doesn't mean he's wrong, you're hiding something yourself it looks like.

Unless you can prove scalpers are a significant portion of buyers then no it isn't a valid point.

It's patently retarded to not pretend scalping isn't a massive problem when fucking every store ever is out of stock AFTER TWO ADDITIONAL PRODUCT ROLL OUTS. Even the fucking Wii was available after the second roll out of product.

There are always going to be scalpers though, Its not like you can really stop the problem. Its a shitty practice but it makes you a nice chunk of change for being an earlybird.

It's goddamned retarded to think that scalpers don't have an impact on sales data, people literally order hundreds to thousands of these things and turn a profit by selling high online.

You don't need to prove it because it's fucking obviously a thing. You're basically denying that scalpers exist. Stores going out of stock of items when they come out are the result of scalpers cleaning them out in most cases, because this shit happens in exclusively backwater places and outside of the cities because those are the stores they target. In fact scalpers are part of the reason stores out in the boonies (especially in the american south) even TURN a profit.

WEW

Oh so you have something other than your own feels that points to scalping being the issue here?

No I'm not saying scalpers don't exist, if someone wants to claim that scalpers are a major factor then you need to put down evidence that proves that scalpers are a major factor, if you can't put down any evidence then you can fuck off.

Get fucked by a tornado you nippleless snot nibbler.

Anyone have a picture of that lady with the van full of WiiUs

The fact that you're so violently opposed to the whole scalper thing despite it being unprovable is my evidence.

I can't "prove" that you're a shill with data, but you sure act like one. That's called a reasonable assumption. This isn't a court and shutting down conversation because you're triggered by simple speculation and theory only tells us that you have an investment in not letting certain things pass through to the general public.

So you're a shill.

just a single search for "Wii U scalper" in a search engine, my man, but here you go.

and here's a few more unrelated to the Wii U, but still relevant.

Half your post sounds like you meant to reply to a different user. Scalping is just capitalism my dude if you can't handle that then it's your problem.

The one under MSRP is literally a box with rocks in it
It's been relisted multiple times.

remember the CwC tier autist that tried to buy every rosalina amiibo in his state to destroy them because he hated her?

Those are usually one in a million, but yes.

Go rot in a pit you subhuman.

Not really you want to make a claim that the Switch is selling so well based on the fact that scalpers are buying it up then provide something, anything that shows that Scalpers are the lead cause of it selling out and not demand. I'm not even saying that Scalpers aren't buying and reselling Switch's I just don't think it's the leading cause of Switch being out of stock because there is 0 evidence for this being the case.

youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg
Here is the WiiU reveal trailer, it has 11.7 million
views

youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
Here is the Switch reveal trailer it has 30 million views

Here is a comparison between the google search for WiiU pre orders and Switch pre orders, showing an enormous difference in demand between the two.

Here I have given evidence that shows that the Switch had far more demand than the WiiU and I suspect that the reason it's harder to find is because there is much more demand but roughly the same amount of stock, are scalpers buying and selling them and inflating the numbers of sales, yes, are the scalpers a big part of that, no evidence indicates this being the case, the only real question is whether Switch demand will hold through the year, I don't think Nintendo will reach the expected sales but it will undoubtedly beat the WiiU's first year, and maybe the Xbox One's.

Damn son.

really makes you think

That's him in the first pic, you dip

Oh boy, just SWITCH my life off. Fucking end this shit forever.

Deliberate prevention of the free market driving down prices based on supply being compared to the free market is like saying petitioning to band everyone's speech is an expression of free speech
You are a niggard, go choke on a dick.

It doesn't matter what you THINK or what you FEEL, take a fucking look online for yourself.

Where one man acts, a million men follow, do you honestly think that shit like

Doesn't happen to the nintendo switch because you FEEL that it doesn't?

Prove otherwise yourself instead of just saying that there's no evidence for it.

THERE'S PLENTY ON FUCKING GOOGLE, and you can't use stats and charts to track it since the industry is not studied or tracked since it's all on the DL.

Use posts, twitter, fucking anything instead of narrowing your search to wimpy little charts. Hell, you can't prove that it doesn't happen because all you use is data that does not reflect anything.

Your pre-order data does not account for the fact that a scalper could have pre-ordered it for the purpose of latter selling.

Got some numbers or are you just pulling sentences out of your ass?

What even are IDs

Holy shit, this is a Neogaf-level post, wtf is happening to this place???

Wow even for weebtrash that is putrid.

Basically because you are so fucking dense it's painful so I will break this down as easily as I can, my argument is that the Switch is sold out thanks to demand which I posted evidence supporting this, Scalpers didn't give the Switch trailer 20 million more views than the WiiU trailer, and I sincerely doubt scalpers could have generated more than 4x in one day the amount of google search queries for Switch preorders. Your argument is that the Switch is sold out because of Scalpers, which you have only posted evidence that people have scalped Switch's you can't even give me anything to indicate the severity of the problem, nothing, you haven't given me any evidence, I just went to ebay and there are only 2000 Switch listings right now, when it's still constrained, that's nothing, that's a completetly insignificant numbers, and just like you it's chump change.

It's got enough content that I'll be happy when CEMU gets to a good enough state. I need to look but I think some games are already perfect lol

Wii U owners are sad.

He didn't post obnoxious weebnigger shit trash like you, so he's a better human than you are

o no did u rly tink i wuz gunna reed

What is more rewarding about the older titles? More grind?

3DS is still the only affordable modern console that lets you do 3D without wearing a stupid headpiece.

That gimmick still matters occasionally, but a lot of people are over it.

It's never mattered. I turned that shit off permanently pretty much as soon as I got my 3DS.

dude it's okay to like things

and it's okay for other people to like things you don't like

get over yourself

It's so sad that you find poorly-animated, mass-produced, cheap anime girls appealing. There are so many beautiful things in the world but you only have that. Even as far as anime goes there is beautiful works of art like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell, but that is the caliber of anime you have, because you've got nothing else in your life but a sea of schlock that will be forgotten. Sorry.

No. Stop liking what I don't like.

Gonna need sauce on that

weebtrash

boku no pico

The hentai I want to beat off to is better than the anime girls that weebs post. Anime is dead. I'll just find the source myself faggot

Nvm, I don't have to find it myself. Thanks user.

It reminds me of some budget Gamecube games I vaguely remember playing that had cel-shading. Especially when she turns her head and makes some ungodly hissing noise, you can really feel the cheap computer animation right then.

kek

Hardware is not an actual barrier for software, specially with the modern software don't actually depending on very fast hardware for actual gameplay.
It is used as a lame excuse to skip failed systems like the WiiU.

And here's exhibit A of what i mean.
The game does look like shit, but they still did it, even with the massive power gap and lack of hardware features between the Wii and PS3. But as the system sold a lot, they still did it.
If the switch is actually successful, people will make games for it and make the ports work somehow, which will be a much easier task than Wii->PS3 because the switch is basically a very, very, very slow PS4 in terms of features etc..

Part of me wanted to believe he was just laying bait, but then he showed his powerlevel when he asked for sauce from that one user.

I'm gonna side with you on this one, never knew there were anons that actually thought this. I was certain I was alone.
They don't understand, user. Don't bother with shallow weebcucks
They're the goons of imageboards

Wouldn't you want him to be baiting so you can end the argument without having to say more than "gr8 b8 m8" or whatever the fuck? Not even invested in the argument, I just want this fucking bait maymay to die. I long for the days when we could argue and debate without resorting to this shit.

One word: Autism

I'm hoping for some actual sales data, outside of search trends and media fluff.

Has there been much of anything concrete on the success of the Switch?

1.5mil shipped and 700k+ sold within fortnight of launch.
I don't have anything newer than that.

Anyone saying they're out of stock is lying to keep your wallet open.

I was going to jerk off but then I saw that it wasn't a hentai, which means it's worthless

If I could replace a broken screen, you can replace a broken joystick. It's very easy, just one ribbon cable IIRC.
You can't order shit online? There are proxy buyer services for buying shit in Japan and China and shipping it all around the world, I'm sure you can find someone that will buy shit on murrican Amazon and ship it to your third world shithole.

You guys are the ones that don't understand capitalism, not the scalper fag.

In a truly free market, prices are decided by supply and demand. If there is little supply of a product and great demand for it, then it can fetch a higher price than if there was enough more than enough of the product to go around. If you imagine every purchase as an auction, this effect is obvious: if there are few of something to go around, and everyone really wants it, then the guys with the most money will outbid everyone else.

Nintendo intentionally limits supply as a marketing strategy. This causes people to perceive their products as more valuable than they really are, gets them in the news, drives impulse purchases, and so on. But as a side effect, it inflates the real price of what the market is willing to bear. Scalpers simply exploit this discrepancy between what Nintendo charges for the product, and what people are actually willing to pay for it. Lazy richfags, more than willing to pay double the asking price, pay them for the trouble of hunting down the limited available stock.

It's the natural result of what happens when you artificially restrict supply of a popular product. Sure, scalpers are faggots, but if you want to blame anyone, blame Nintendo for creating the conditions that allow scalpers to profit in the first place.

Take ticket scalpers, for example. If a popular group is hosting a concert or a comedy show, they should expect some scalpers. It can be frustrating to the band that some jackass is making money for nothing on arbitrage, and to the fans that they're getting outbid by rich cunts. But if a significant proportion of their tickets are being bought up by scalpers and sold to richfags, it's their own fault for not using a bigger venue and offering more expensive VIP seats.

Okay so which one, we're clearly on the opposite sides.

The dragonmaidfag was sticking up for the scalper, dumbass.

I wrote a post explaining why scalping is entirely natural in this situation. Who the fuck do you think I'm in support of? It should be fucking obvious from the context that I was referring to you, and simply trying to show up in the dragonfag's replies.

Says the yuri-loving niglet who wants to show up.

fuck off retard

Not an argument you fucking leaf

same

Look, it's not hard to figure out.

Scalping is a byproduct of a supply issue.

If demand is high and the supply is low, don't blame scalpers. Blame the one who's doing the supplying.

The fact that we're now on month 5 and NES Classic Editions are still not reliably in stock is troubling, to say the least. Hopefully, the situation wont be the same with the Nintendo Switch.

Have official sales figures been released?

Gerudo's would be hot if they didn't have that awful orange skin tone and giant nose.

At this point you're pathetic.

What travesties have been committed this day by Nintendo and literally nobody else!

Do you think the scalpers shove these things up their asses? They immediately go on ebay or craigslist. Nobody is hording hundreds of Switches trying to speculate on them. That would be an great way to lose a shitload of money, because Nintendo is only going to make more as time goes by and drive the grey market price down.

Nintendo didn't know how much demand there would be, they not only had enough to meet all pre-orders but enough to leave plenty of non-pre-ordered stock on shelves, but as soon as launch numbers came in they doubled their production order. A company doesn't do that just because, especially Nintendo which is conservative even for a nip company, and they sure as fuck would be treading lightly after the Wii U.

1. People will not act rationally.
2. Firms will not act rationally.
3. People will pay greater amount than the product's value for irrational reasons.
4. Firms will deliberately fail to meet demand in order to increase short-term profit per unit, even though this is irrational and will result in less overall profit.
5. People are fucking stupid.
6. Smart people wait for stupid people to act first so that they won't make stupid decisions themselves.

You just went full retard.

Nintendo makes no extra money from scalpers, and if you figure in software sales, which they do, they lose money on scalpers, the only exception is the NES Classic which has no post primary purchases

There are people with more money than you do who are willing to pay more money for products than you are, and if forced to by limited supply, will do so in a heartbeat. There is absolutely nothing irrational about that.

Nigga just stop, if you feel bad about scalping stop doing it, don't make excuses as to why what you are doing is justifiable.

There is no greater way to support something than to pay for it.
I'm just saying it's inevitable and you're fucking retards for saying scalpers work against the free market when they are literally the free market in action.

Yes because having limitations and having to stay within community guidelines always beats having the freedom to do whatever the fuck you want, the fucking Lode Runner editor was better than the shit Nintendo pulled out.

So is Beard Burger Master an ex Nazi trying to keep it low once the US released him from their POW camps after the war or is he a Jew

The Switch hasn't sold 10 Million units you retard
It's only sold 3 Million or so

You keep using that word, I'm not sure if you know what that means. Preventing anyone from being able to compete with you and provide a better service isn't free market. Do you have brain problems?

Just because EB is owned by GameStop doesn't mean they don't do any of their own decisions
For example I know GW Aus has the cheapest priced Imperial Knight out of all the GWs when usually most things are way too expensive

Arbitrage is the foundation of economy. Scalping is basically a form of arbitrage.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. It sounds like you're making my point for me, that in a world where you were not allowed to resell Nintendo Switches, would not be a world with a free market.

Your cognitive dissonance and selective redefinition betray your smarmy above you attitude.

Tomorrow's direct? I guess I'm even more out of the loop than I thought. I don't expect anything, look at the lineup Nintendo announced when they revealed the Switch. Three games within the span of a year (one of which was a Wii U port), which is pathetic. If they had more games to show they would shown them on reveal. During the reveal they had a much larger audience than they would for this direct. Unless there are some games that were not very far into their development cycles that weren't able to be shown, I would not expect much.

The shitty thing is that I actually like the switch, yet it comes out with virtually no games while no third party companies are making good games any more and the first party games that are decent will be loaded with DLC and paid online.

Damn shame.

"This will be the end of nintendo", says increasingly nervous sonygger for the 30th time this year.

Of course everyone bought Zelda for the Switch, there's nothing else to play on the fucking thing.

im sure if you look closely there is 87% in switch sales also.

idk if you know what that means

I started with MHFU.
I wish I had been able find it on PS2 as a kid.

The original I mean.

Really makes you think

Probably due to scalpers sitting on them and parents that stashed them away for holiday gifts. Or someone that REALLY likes Bomberman.

Is there actually a source on this?

I think Mark bought stock in Nintendo and so he shills for them so he can profit more off his stock.

What a failure of a Jew.

Scalping in most situations (in the US) is not being done entirely legal. Does the scalper pay all applicable taxes on the units sales, income etc. Is the scalper running a retail operation out of their home and is this allowed for by the municipal code. Is the scalper properly insured for their activity. Is the scalper following mandated accounting practices for business. The answer to these questions is most likely no for people hoarding dozens to flip.

If you have a problem with this practice, find out who is doing and report it to the IRS and your states taxation departments.

I wonder if she still has all of them

fortune.com/2017/03/07/nintendo-switch-sales-3/

I'm pretty surprised, but the Switch is selling like a fucking monster. No idea how this is happening. I'm still not buying one until it gets at least 10 good games.

Tax codes and municipal codes do not ordinarily apply to transactions between two private citizens for mutually agreed upon conditions because some guy selling an item on eBay or out of the back of his car is not considered a retailer.

Maybe that's just my local laws. Over here, we don't require permits or fees for things like garage sales.

Businesses are not people, you fool. Holy shit, the drones are real.

No it hasn't, they likely won't hit 10 million till the holidays at the very least
Probably till end of the year and then they'll hopefully move production over to switch

Stop taking bullshit info from halfchan faget

I think it mostly depends on how FIFA and NBA2K does on the console. If those both sell then they will get all the 3rd party especially if Xbox Scorpio flops.

I can see them continuing the 3DS or making a new one because there is a large section of their customerbase to whom nintendo exists only as the 3DS. I think the switch is different enough and large enough that they won't be able to pass it off as "the same general thing" to these people.

And who would oversupply on a release, my friendylerino? And with a console as experimental as the switch?

Switch had about 1.5~2 million units shipped at launch.
While the WiiU solt through its entire first year 3 million (I couldn't find data on shipped units on launch for comparison).
It doesn't sound like artificial scarcity to me. More like real scarcity as consequence on high demand. Something that can't be foreseen, and only responded to.

I'm not even into nintendo that much, but the damn artificial scarcity meme is so retarded it triggers my innermost autism.
it's artificial scarcity guys, I swear companies make money by not selling their shit when it's in high demand, somehow

It's not really a secret, nintendo has been under supplying since the NES first came out and have been heavily criticised for it even then. They do it with absolutely all of their products, are we supposed to believe they don't understand how a supply chain works after all this time and they just keep weirdly under producing. Their business strategies have literally never changed. Nintendo treats their business as a toy industry, not like a game software industry like everyone else. In the toy industry undersupplying is COMMON practice to drive demand. You can't name a company that hasn't done it. The other thing they do is keep their game prices high and never put them on sale which also draws criticism.

No, you cock-gobbling retard.
I have been in 3 separate countries plus my home country within the past month, and every single one had an abundance of units for sale at the RRP.
Just because NoA/Gamestop cucks you and holds back units doesn't mean it's Nintendo's problem.

Same goes for every other console launch people have cried about. There are plenty of systems available in every other country around the world, burgers just get fucked over by their corporations who are allowed to inflate markets for extra shekels.
In every other western country, that's illegal and incredibly easy to file a complaint about and have it acted on quickly.

If we're talking just western support… is there any reason to expect anything more than Late ports with missing features? even if those games you mentioned sell well… I just don't really see them suddenly becoming big supporters and start dropping their mid to high budget projects on the Switch.

I can't imagine many devs are going to jump over to the switch at all.

I dont know if itll be 100% support, but i think its kinda in the air at this point

I just want a Nintendo console that is not an excuse to push a gimmick that nobody wants.

No touchscreen.
No portable.
No pants-on-head-retarded gamepad

I want a functional console that plays decent games. My Wii-U is collecting dust and seeing how it was treated by Nintendo, I'm not buying a Switch. Ever.

Nintendo has always had the potential to have the longest console generations because their games emphasize other qualities than muh graphex or directx420 oscillation filtering or whatever.

They didn't need a stronger console, like the switch, because the games look and play pretty much the same anyway. It's just an excuse to fleece the gaijin. Now the nip has become identical to the jew. Nintendo is now one of them.

Touchscreen is almost mandatory for every device we use nowadays. Even my TV remote is a mini touchscreen that changes its buttons theme based on the time and seasons. This of course leads to portability which and the Switch would've succeeded in that if they didn't cut cost in the hardware department (using a cheap dock that does jack shit and scratches the screen and a 'custom' Tegra which isn't much different from the cheaper priced Shield). The only thing Nintendo has it going for them is the brand name and the 'hipster' crowd who claims to play Zelda in their grandmother's womb.

I'm more disturbed by the abs.
Too masculine for me.

One advantage the Switch has over the Wii U and previous Nintendo consoles is that the company is now much friendlier to 3rd party devs and the dev kits are cheap. Anyone can sign up without all the red tape and bullshit of the Sony or Xbox development programs (Sony's requires that you have a static IP, among other things), and the development kits are really fucking cheap. For comparison, you have to pay over $2k for a PS3 or PS4 devkit while the Switch's devkit is only $450. Combine that with Unreal/Unity support and the console supporting both OpenGL and Vulkan, and you have a really attractive platform for indie developers.

Fuck even the SMBx forums criticize your levels and custom graphics if you want to improve.