"Remedy looking towards PS4 development for next game"

"Remedy looking towards PS4 development for next game"

please use archive.is/articles/remedy-bringing-quantum-breaks-engine-to-ps4-for-i/1100-6449279/

So this is it. The Xbone officially has fucking nothing left.

I can only imagine how the suits are screaming down the doors at 343 now it is the only thing they have left.

What a shitshow. Remember like 2006 when everyone and their dog had a 360? and now the brand well is poisoned and they have lost their last good exclusive content producer.

This is going to be a trainwreck of Dreamcast proportions.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/v5nha
game
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also archive wont load for me and gives me a server timeout, mods pls.

Well they still have Killer Instinct and whatever Iron Cucks does next, but fightan is not for everyone

honestly i wonder what the big fightan geemu is right now in terms of recent releases. I heard very little about all of them. KI, KoF, SFV and so on. It feels like the FGC "#thuggery" brigade have stuck with last gen games.

Literally retarded nigger cripple fight.

Video games are so fucking shit now that all I do anymore is wait for PC ports of old console games because the only game that stays console exclusive anymore is fucking Yakuza. Goddamn it why does that have to be a sony studio? I could go console free if they would just fucking port that to PC.

Maybe now they can make a good game without being shackled by M$. Honestly though, has Remedy done anything worthwhile since Max Payne? Alan Wake had potential but fell far too short, Quantum Break was pretty much just a demo for Xbone's multimedia features, and even MP2 was disappointing compared to the first (shorter, less variety, significantly easier). I want to believe they can make something as good as the original Max Payne, but I've yet to see it.

archive.is/v5nha
Also, just break the link to get past the filter
game spot.com/articles/remedy-bringing-quantum-breaks-engine-to-ps4-for-i/1100-6449279/

It's going to be multiplatform, OP's redtext is misleading.

Alan Wake was a fun love letter to Twin Peaks like Deadly Premonition. It had amazing music, fantastic fog effects and the world looked pretty -what you could see in daytime- but the trouble was for 7 years they sold us on basically 'deadly premonition without the jank' where you explored in the day and at night set traps for a group of raincoat guys stalking you and instead became a linear third person shooter that even on its hardest setting is really, really easy.
It still oozes Remedy charm but feels like the last minute rebuild it is. Its like the 3rd person shooter version of FFXV like that.

Does Xbone even have any real exclusives? I feel like ever "exclusive" for that game is also on Windows 10.

I thought Yakuza was a SEGA thing

I don't know they never release on anything but sony consoles so they must have some kind of deal going on. I mean sega isn't usually one to only release a game on one console only.

Well Nintendo doesnt want to show their business partners in a bad light, or they might come clean about the whole Gunpei 'traffic accident' thing.

Who cares? They only ever made a single good game (max payne 1) and it was because they were poor.

I remember some article that said Remedy was looking to focus on multiplayer games after Quantum Break. Sounded like they were decreasing in size and scope. Hopefully that's not the case and they continue making single player games, now unhampered by Microsoft.

Well, the Yakuza HD collection started out as a Wii U exclusive. I don't think there's anything clearly binding them, just that there hasn't been a good reason to put it on anything else since they don't see the series as being successful in the west so that cuts out PC and Xbox releases.

Isn't the problem with the XBOX brand compared to the Playstation brand is that it's been only marketed towards people who enjoy shooters and sports games, basically a EA console? I know the always online and more expensive price for a less powerful console was a major factor but even after all those changes they still can't get any ground in the IP department compared to Sony. Cuphead and Killer Instinct are the only games I can think of that I would want an X1 for and I know that if I want KI then I just go to PC.

Uhhhhhh

Soon we'll be able to emulate them all aside from 6.

The Yakuza games are made with the Japanese market first and everything else last. Putting it on PC only would be viewed as a death sentence for them.

>Remedy looking towards 'PS4

Why not PC?
What would I give for a proper Max Payne again.

because its already on pc

Its already coming to PC man, xbox is dead remember? its all ".3wewin10famsmhtbh" now.

They could put out another Max Payne tier game and the only people on Holla Forums who couldnt play it are the freaks who only own nintendo hardware exclusively.
Aside from microsoft losing exclusives everybody wins.

Who cares? They've made only one good game with everything after it being shit or mediocre. Mostly mediocre. As soon as they hit it big they let the money consume them which tainted everything they tried after.

Never write off a dev till they go full mobage or join EA.

Screw Cucktum Break. They should reuse the MP3 engine, the gunplay was excellent unlike the floaty pew pew of MP2 onwards.

Remedy had nothing to do with Max Payne 3.

(215)

Sam Lake is my waifu

(6,000,000)

No thanks

Remedy didn't make Max Payne 3 though I think

Sony will probably be dead by the time the game releases going by Remedy production schedules

You mean new movie?

Lets not pretend that Rememdy matters at all.

Third party is king in this industry, exclusives don't matter to most consumers

Phil spencer pls go.

Speaking of Xbox One games, how's Sunset Overdrive? Been meaning to pick it up, but it looks like a bunch of memes.

They made my favorite game so until they go full mobile dev I still think they matter.
Well it's a good thing they're a third-party dev that only took an exclusive contract for Quantum Break and their next game will be on all platforms (aside from Nintendo's).

what we actually need is FUCKING MONHUN OUTSIDE OF SHIT TIER HANDHELD BULLSHIT

3rd person memeshit that got forgotten after a month. Even after getting caught viralling everywhere. MS has not made wise decisions this gen. Remember the multi millions spent on a TV studio to produce things like a Halo tv series for the xbone? Wasnt just money that got swept under the rug in the xbones long line of mistakes after mistakes.
Forget the always online alarm bells should have rung for shareholders at 'yes we are trying kinect again, and making it mandatory'

The flesh of fallen angels.

What do, Holla Forums?

So did all the guys responsible for Max Peen leave and now they are staffed by penises with ears or what? What happened to them?

The Remedy logo has a bullet in it.

They got Bungie'd, two game contract like ODST and Reach, only they got Alan Wake which had the bad luck of releasing the same day as Red Dead Redemption and Quantum Break that they were forced to make half the story into a tv show you had to stop and watch after every couple of hours playing as part of the aforementioned 'netflix of consoles' plan MS had that bombed.

Now the contracts up and theys free.

Tell him to emulate

Good at least one platform won't have to deal with their shit, they lucked out on Max Payne, everything since then has shown that they have no fucking idea what they are doing.

I'm pretty sure Alan Wake was published by Microsoft, but unlike Sony Microsoft don't have a shit publishing deal and companies can self publish to PC useless fucking Insomniac.

If I was Phil Spencer Xbox would be a platform worth owning and I'd still be putting every fucking game I publish onto PC with a simultaneous release.

Here's what gets me. Scorpio.
The specs are better then the ps4 pro but it's still running the same old bloatware that basically fucked the xbone over. The ps4 and xbone had roughly the same shit going on, yet somehow not a single xbone game could do 1080p? Even at 20 fps?.

Now they promise that this time everything is going to be 4k at 60 fps. And they are looking at either selling it at a substantial loss or $700+
Because that worked so well for ps3.

Thats the thing, like 10% of PS4 owners bought a pro, because console users dont upgrade shit every year like pc parts. Now MS has spent the money on something more expensive with no critically acclaimed exclusives ips at all for now reason beyond "Sony did it and we feel like we would look bad to the consumer if we didn't also" and once again its a dumb idea with no foresight like every decision with the xbone. These .5 console scams are a dud nobody wants.

I mean shit i heard a podcast say "but its got 4k bluray and sony didnt do that and they are the movie guys!" and never considered that maybe the people that make fucking tvs know 4k isnt a big enough market to warrant the cost.

Honestly MS has wanted its xbox division cut off for like 3 years and its starting to reek of corporate sabotage at this point, god knows they could afford it.

Not many but as we've already seen Forza running on Scorpio only hit 66% load in it's more taxing scenes, getting more games up to 4k isn't impossible on the system, but first party games will more than likely be the only ones that actually hit 4k, and they will probably use resolution scaling to maintain performance.

Look at the sales data, exclusives don't matter, the highest selling games are the multiplats, 9 of the top 10 selling games on these systems are multiplats, and as far as consoles go Xbox Scorpio will be the best platform for multiplats, that said I don't see it being a success, because it's definitely going to cost at least $500 on release making it less competitive with the PS4/Pro and the PS4 has already entrenched it's position as the default console for gaming this gen, then there's also the fact that Yurope and Japan are Sony territories giving Microsoft the US as it's only avenue for success.

That's an exaggeration right?
No way MS is dumb enough to give it such a high price tag
Everybody remembers what happened with Sony and the Launch PS3s

The few who were there, yeah. You forget that was 10 years ago and we have a new generation of teenagers who are teh majority on teh itnernet.

Correct, it was Rockstar. Remedy sold the rights to Rockstar because they had no money.

who?

Got to love this.
Dying to get this game, but then Microsoft publishes it and,
Unsurprisingly MS fucked them not once by not publishing a sequel to Alan Wake forcing them to self publish it, but twice with Microsoft TV and Quantum Break, both of which were god awful.

About time they stopped being retarded, to bad I expect their next outing to be shit because of their dealings with M$.

It oozed shit, combat was clunky, stamina was ass, story was so bad they had to retcon it in the DLC, and they ended up pissing off their original audience with it, resulting in Alan Wake American Nightmare selling for crap even though they put it on the PC.

As much as they have lost most of their reputation by partnering with Microsoft, they still were passionate about Alan Wake enough to developer a sequel for it.

Take Two is one of the worse publishers in the industry. Not as bad as Ubishit or the Devil themselves EA, but outside GTA5 online they are nothing but a black hole when it comes to money. Xcom 2 bombed, Mafia 3 bombed, everything they've put out recently has entirely failed and I look forward to Red Dead 2 being the death bell for Rockstar as they realize milking customers only works if you draw them in with an enticing project. Most of the Rockstar community hates them at this point over how bad they've made shark cards. To a degree that Rockstar Youtubers have been calling them out regularly.

Shareholders hate Xbox and want it sold off. It's nothing but a black hole in their budget as a result of just buying the market.