Shin Megami Tensei Persona's Bizarre Adventure

So is Persona 6 gonna have the MC already in jail and the villain resetting the universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bvHaP
chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/list/level
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

should i play the seventh stand user instead of persona 5 '3'

This has got to be the biggest, worst bait thread I've ever seen.

not even bait. I'm just wondering.

Playing with faces is more fun than a purse owner game

OP is a faggot but he does have a point, all 3 latter persona games are blatantly (((referencing))) the corresponding Jojo part

get that fujo shit out of here.

didn't you hear me the first time

Better question.
Will Black Mark return as the final villain before they reboot the series?

i named my team the trump train

fuck off this is my theory

Nigga that already happened in Persona 2.

4 I get, but how so for 3 and 5 ?

OBJECTIVELY BEST GIRL

Downsides:
She never mentions ever being with anyone else romantically, and she admits that she hardly gets any calls since they like younger girls, but she was a maid/whore so she probably isn't a vrigin and may have lost her hymen to some whore-monger
She has romantic scenes, don't get me wrong, but you can't just go to the movies with her or hang out with her on the regular since, you know, you'd both get into massive trouble (she never worries about getting fired, though, and is more concerned about you getting into trouble - she even confesses that if you did get caught she would not run away; she'd stay with you regardless

Since you can have nightly moments of reading a book while she cooks for you or makes you coffee I suppose it balances out. I'm miffed she isn't modeled more affectionately when you call her over, though, since she just stands and talks to you while you sit on the couch and make her blush.

I'm pretty sure you can openly date the doctor cake, and she's essentially what Marie should have been, written by a far more competent and mature writer. She doesn't clean, cook, massage, brew coffee and risk everything in love for you like MaidCake does, though.

BEST GIRL

If that's the way you're starting this topic.

Mutually exclusive. But that doesn't mean she can't be a good girl.

Honestly, I would play the shit out of that.

I AM MOTIVATED

I know she is memed a lot. MaidCake yadda yadda. But she is honestly one of the best characters in the series. I was surprised on how well your relationship with her develops. Best girl indeed.

It could work.

A persona game where you played as a single father and had to balance your work life, home life, persona shenanigans, and end your chronic pussy drought would be fantastic.

just imagine a persona game where you basically played as dojima.

tbh I may not be too high on the new party but this roster of girls is alright.

Both Persona and FE decided to go full waifus.
It is more than clear Persona does much better job at it. Maybe it should also start being better at entire character dying stuff.
Or just go back to grimdark levels of SMT, I have seen in these threads. It might be interesting for once.

When was Persona or Shin Megami not about teenagers? I can only really think of the soldier Protagonist from Strange Journey at the moment.

P2 eternal punishment was about fashionable adults

and Japan along with Kaneko said to quit that shit which is why Persona will never have playable adults again

Why are JoJo kids such faggots?

1 and 2 are also this, as the concept is directly ripped from Jojo.

Because if persona directly ripped off jojo it would lead to law suits.

Something that isn't centered around a journey throughout the world can't reasonably be equated to stardust crusaders. Tarot cards are much too flimsy a connection.

I guess Evangelion also ripped off JoJo then since P3 was essentially Eva-lite.

Or maybe you're just playing the idiot.

No one was talking about JoJo until the new anime, and then the LPersTwo Best Friends brought it up and couldn't stop talking about it. Now we have to be inundated with this crap, which simultaneously opened the floodgate for openly flagrant homophiles who can't go five posts without asking for a dick to suck.

Besides, if anyone is gonna start getting uppity about the incestuous nature of Japanese media, especially anime, then let's get it out of the way right now that JoJo ripped off Fist of the North Star from its conception (which was dominantly inspired by martial artists, especially Bruce Lee, and which even Naruto ripped-off with it's "jutsu" martial arts magic nonsense).

Silent Hill may have inspired or taken inspiration from Persona 1, too.

Just because it has the words Shin Megami Tensei in it you can say it's a SMT game. Persona is fucking gay while SMT is a good game.

Also
Modern videogames fucking disgust me. The onky games without this kind of faggotry nowadays are fuxking nintendo only children games. Really starts cranking your nogging.

Maxing out Kawakami was great.

The Part 3 comparison is bullshit but the Part 5 one is more apt. It is about cast-out teenagers in organized crime if you call being professional thieves "organized" fighting other criminals via supernatural powers to restore justice to the world because the police can't or won't, and they're also the most fabulous examples of their respective entries.

When you dig into specifics, of course they're very different, but the overall idea is "superpowered teenagers being flamboyant criminals in the name of righteousness."

UNFUCK YOURSELF

WHY

what the fuck

they used the P4A version of Reach Out To The Truth instead of the regular P4 version

its a crime against humanity

Should've waited for the DLCs to be on sale, I got Catherine and Persona 1 costumes free because Atlus was rewarding Japan for the sales goal and because P1 music licensing hell made them refund everyone who bought the costumes and made it free for a while.

so you gotta post in threads that are fucked with the admin account and they suddenly work?

weird way to fix things, but ok i guess

i got every DLC for free

An unusual case where settling down with a prostitute actually seems like a good idea.

Pretty much this. The other girls sucked.

P5's phantom thieves thing was pretty shit though. I was hoping you would rob real places with persona powers or invade cross-over zones or shit, kinda like P3's Strega team. Instead you're basically brainwashing people into atoning for their sins or shit (this already fucks over any moral theme of the game, mind you) and your thief theme is all in headspace. You never actually steal anything. It turns out the objects you steal just become magic copies. So you're the theatrical thieves who don't steal, showing off before an audience that's completely fake, and somehow doing the right thing by brainwashing people. Thematically, P5 is shit.

You also waste too much time with that dogshit internet forum moderator no one cares about (Mishima, the dude who runs your fansite and milks your name and reputation for his personal gain and validation). Frankly, a lot of the characters this time around are also less compelling. Persona has had a thing with bumbling, foolish, and somewhat annoying "average" male friends (Junpei in P3, Yosuke in P4, and now Ryoji in P5), but Ryoji really takes the cake in being the kind of problem child you almost wonder if you should be burying him. This idiot is an active liability, a failure at stealth for a crew of thieves, and as subtle as a gay pride parade when it comes to keeping his head down. For bonus points he will even antagonize nearly everyone whose cooperation you would want and act out against any authority figures whose scrutiny you are trying to avoid. And for some reason you are supposed to work together with this counterproductive dufus. Because nakama or shit. Then there's Ann who feels like a tagalong because of how shallow her motivations and personality seems. Like, there's just no depth to her. There's even a strange section where Ann is having all sorts of discomforts and fears about posing for a renowned artist's student as a model, and no one gets to point out that Ann is a professional model. Akechi's motivations and backstory are also some pathetic childish shit.

P5's cast just seems a lot more shallow and fake than the previous personas. And the story and theme this time around isn't much good either.

anyone knows how the "Team Glasses" works? does it give extra exp to the entire party or just the person who has it equipped?

How do I play this on PC.

If brainwashing is the only way to make dangerous assholes stop being dangerous assholes, you may as well go ahead and do it. If they weren't that bad, they wouldn't need to be brainwashed into being better people in the first place.

Okay. I see. Yeah, cool.

I'm pretty sure we're all talking about Persona, which has been compared to JoJo in the past and still is now.

little details like this make the game many times better

Fuck off. The entire game is about "escaping social distortion" and you do it by neutering people? Mixed fucking message.

If it's so wrong, what else should they do about it? The whole message of the game is that society is too lazy and cowardly to do anything about the problems so there are no mundane nor conventional methods of stopping these people. There even is a plot point where the heroes reason a boss to death instead of doing the brainwashing thing because said person COULD be reasoned with; not so for any of the other individuals they fought.

Really? No one could have kicked the molesty teacher in the balls?

The former Olympic gold medalist who's protected by the school faculty because, as said, they authorities are too lazy and cowardly to confront the problem so they just leave it be?

The backstory of the bleached hair dipshit is he did punch the guy, and all it did was turn him into a pariah at his school because the molesty teacher has charisma out the ass. Stomping his nuts isn't gonna make him less of a prick.

He literally dares you to attack him because it would make you that much easier to throw out with no questions. He already broke Ryuji's leg once for doing that exact thing.

You phoneposting, boyo?

yeah enjoy going to jail you retard.

the whole thing was scripted out pretty well, when they do the "steal their distorted desires" thing, they do it against targets who cannot be taken down any other regular humane way. Kamoshida was protected by the entire school faculty, his previous fame, and most of the abused students themselves.
Madarame was famous, need i say more? that's like if you saw oprah in an alley kicking puppies and you attacked her to protect them, you'd end up going to jail while she gets to score feminist points on TV. get a grip on how real life works. if you're popular, rich, and connected, you can get away with anything.

then there's the whole TartarusMementos thing, yeah, you could gang up on a school bully and beat the shit out of him with a group, but remember that if they did that sakamoto would get expelled and the protagonist jailed.

>When he touches you, he can make you soft and wet.
>It will be a "re-imagining" of part 4.

Sooo, what's the overarching threat of this one? An actual human, or another god?

Just like Persona 4, it's all human-caused problems until the end of the game where it turns out the Igor you've known the whole time is a fake who imprisoned the real one, and is actually some god who wants to go full Orderfag and enslave humanity to a society where they don't have to do anything but what they're told to do, because they're so fucking lazy that they don't want to live with the burden of free will anymore, or something weird like that. He's the one who gave you your power, and he also gave the power to one of the primary antagonists who had been causing the maniacal rampages and accidents, in a test to see whether society needs to be rebuilt (as a sterile no-fun shithole) or just outright destroyed. He tells you all of this, he turns into YHWH (or a YHWH impersonator) and your Persona turns into Satan and stomps his shit.

Leaning on SMT's plot a little, I see.

Huh. I miss Nyarlathotep.

Grow up. They could just grow up.

What people do in real life: Dedicate yourself to doing your best (either by going after criminals and/or speaking up for victims) or move on with your life. Either way, you are not god and trying to reform society via magic labotomies is all kinds of stupid and evil from the get-go.
Rotherham. Derby. Oxford. Yorkshire. Stockholm. Need I go on?
You have any idea how many Pakistani Muslims in those European No-Go zones you'd have to labotomoize - AND the complicit police force, AND the equally pedophilic politicians - before you could make a dent?

That's why these characters, who look (aside from Futaba) all college-age, are nearly braindead KIDS. They could never have conceivably done anything beyond a local radius, and they were lucky the villains were always within arms-reach because muh Gnostic puppet master.

Also
THIS GAME THEMATICALLY STEALS FROM DEATH NOTE
No really, think about it:
Most dialogue options lean heavily in this regard. Either way, that's the general tone of the group.
etc. etc.

You know what the issue is? Death Note, for all it's many flaws, began with a very simple premise: a twisted idealist with the power to kill all villains vs a recluse pragmatist with resources to spare.
There was plenty of discussion between "Kira is going too far" or "Kira is doing what he has to - look at how society is changing" and it lent well to the very obvious truth that any culture will immediately begin to straighten up with an ever-present dread of God (so to speak) looming overhead.

You see hints of this in earlier interaction you have with Akechi, but maybe the writers got so into trying to cram every character trait and plot twist of previous Persona games into this one title they decided to make a very, very pathetic Adachi clone.

You also had this childish view of Japanese society in P5 where the supporters would suddenly stop supporting them if they turned out to be killing villains instead of just brain-lobotomizing them. This is ASININE since everyone is foremost bloodthirsty against criminals, which was also thoroughly addressed in Death Note.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the writers wanted to bring up a story which questions the subject of "justice" like Death Note but failed miserably.

This is fiction, retard. Fiction inspired by romantic stories about cunning rogues fighting an unjust society. Fuck real life, I'm here for a larger-than-life story. You act like this is supposed to be an actual life lesson that people should emulate. It's entertainment about emotion feats of the impossible, I didn't come here looking for solutions to migration problems and political corruption, I came here to be amused.

So fuck off about real life, this is a game about literally stealing the evil out of people's hearts and beating up demons to jazz music, real life has fuck-all to do with it.

Does anyone else feel like they mad a horrible decision by locking away most of the game's content behind particular S.Links and certain points in the game?

I can't help but feel like I'm constantly being railroaded every other week of the game, too.

Also, I absolutely loathe that almost every single plot twist is outright spoiled by the interrogation scenes (which ruin all suspense and break the flow of the narrative into choppy bits) and the scenes with the police chief, which are always pointless and do nothing but undermine what could have been a narrative of escalating reveals.

It's like the writers realized they had an interesting mystery(?) story but either thought everyone else was too stupid to get it or they got so full of themselves that they just had to spill everything in blunt-force trauma exposition scenes.
No seriously, because this is not forshadowing. Outright having scene after scene, moment after moment, telling me
ENOUGH ALREADY
I GET IT
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU WORTHLESS HACKS!
NOT EVEN PERSONA 4 WAS THIS TELEGRAPHED!

It's like if P4G added a scene where Adachi was talking to Namatame BEFORE the reveal of him being the villain, and then asking the player to play along and just pretend they didn't hear what they just heard! You have to role play that you DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION AS THE ENTIRE CONSPIRACY IS SPOILED BEFORE YOUR EYES

I really like this game, and the girls are good, the demons are fun (though fusion is weak this time) and Rusty Venture is pretty great. However, I can't stand this incompetancy in writing. This is English 101 teir failure in narrative construction.

Wait what, not played the game yet can you explain this more please.

Jail, you say?

Party switching is unlocked with rank 1 in star. I think its avalable around 4 or 5 months in game.

That sounds pretty dumb

Not like this it was not.

Then they shouldn't try to hard to be "realistic" in the numerous times when characters randomly ask
You want to go full Gintama? Do it. Don't try to be mature and tell a story about rape victims going through rehab from a suicide attempt, little girls becoming schizophrenic agoraphobics from severe childhood trauma, a conspiracy of silence, jabs at nationalism, nods to racism and rumor mongering, being guilted by a dead kid's guardians into prostitution, nearly being sold off by your mogul father to be the rape-meat of a politician's son, etc.
If it wanted to just be fun fiction with only a bit of reality then it would be Persona 4.
This game tried to blend neo-persona elements into an obvious reach-back to the kind of writing Persona 2 had, but it failed miserably because the cast of those games worked and the writing was such that, yeah, we can have cyborg Nazis and Smug Hitler alongside teen prostitution and horrific trauma of potentially burning someone alive (and severe pand-dimensional PTSD because Nyarl is the best troll).

"It's fiction" is the argument of an ignorant kid.

What said as an example. Essential game mechanics and nifty combat elements are utterly unavailable until certain moments in the story and are entirely missable. The locals in the game are plentiful, much larger than P4 or P3, but almost ALL of them are only unlocked at certain times for certain periods of time in the story. Items and weapons are also locked up tight until you max out certain S.Links, too.
It's infuriating.

Moral quandaries are not exclusive to realism. Dark themes and content are not exclusive to realism. Even taking inspiration from reality is not exclusive to realism. If this was a realistic story it wouldn't be about supernatural powers at all, it would just be about miserable high school kids living in a miserable world.

The fact you seemed to actually take "just brainwash bad people into being good" as a face-value life lesson is absolutely retarded, and if I'm an ignorant kid, you're a pretentious kid who thinks he's too smart for fantasy and romanticism. What the fuck does your rambling about how the protagonists couldn't brainwash the entirety of the world have to do with anything? What the fuck does the refugee crisis have to do with the plot of this game? What the fuck does Death Note have to do with this game? Nothing, nothing at all.

If you want a story about life's hardships treated so realistically, go read a book, because real life makes for shit video games. If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who drone on about fiction being "unrealistic." The only thing fiction has to be is logical, and even that is highly flexible. Yes, logically, the Phantom Thieves couldn't fix the entire world. Good thing this story isn't about that and blabbering on about it is completely fucking pointless and proves jack-shit about jack-shit.

And your comparison to Death Note is vague and exaggerated. Your short version of it could also describe Batman or Spider-Man or a ton of other stories.

And? Mid battle party switching was never allowed in Persona before. Hell, you had to go back to the bottom of the dungeon if you wanted to switch party members at all. Now, you can switch any time out of battle and a perk for doing an s-link is getting the ability to do it mid-battle. All of the bonuses you get from Hifumi (or any of the confidants) are non-critical and are basically rewards to make the game easier. I have absolutely zero problems with rewarding players with tangible benefits for doing the links beyond XP-ups for arcana and just seeing more story.

Except you have magic powers for collecting evidence and even if you couldn't prove guilt to the wider world, you could probably ruin their plans, their general livelihood, and make them harmless if you had anything like Dark Hour shit. However instead of any of that crap, this story is setup so you magically brainwash people into atonement. And your phantom thieves don't actually steal anything. Having famous thieves that don't steal anything and never do anything in the real world feels like a bait-and-switch to me. Not to mention the weird theme of rebellion is really poorly thought out this time around. It feels like a generic "be a rebel" thing rather than any constructive idea. It doesn't even make a proper point of the need for civil disobedience and breaking out of cycles of abuse. The one kid who needed to rebel and stand up for himself the most, Mishima, is a spineless coward and general failure. Hell it could be said that Ann's friend Shiho also suffers from this problem, eventually choosing to try to off herself instead of confronting her abuser.

Just like how you're the thieves that don't steal, you're also the rebels who barely actually rebel against shit. Instead your "rebels" are more like social misfits and people just chilling together, while just calling themselves rebels. That kind of aimlessness is rather disheartening, especially when you're supposed to rebel against the stifling yoke of society or shit, but at no stage do you have any bright ideas for a superior alternative to keeping your head down and living out your life doing as you're told. You don't get the feeling that people really became the masters of their own fate (ie. calling the shots in their own life) or learned a valuable lesson in employing the freedom to oppose injustice and bear the consequences even if your whole environment is against you exposing them (instead they just talk back a bit but otherwise have to bear with it all and solve their problems by secretly doling out magical brainwashing epiphanies, something which is conceivably immoral and also nonviable in real life if there was any lesson this game was trying to impart with its theme).

Thematically the game is just fail.

Yeah P5 is a bit of a throwback and bridge to older SMT plots. Something tells me the SMT quotient is going to go up in the next Persona game too. Persona 4 already set the groundwork for deities and things. P5 is taking it a step further and pointing out that Igor himself is some deity-tier being. P6 will probably be a blend between Persona and SMT as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Philemon makes a return in P6. Things are certainly headed in that direction.

guess we'll find out in 10 years

Oh stop diverting from the original point. Their method and aspiration is childish and you know it, but you excuse it because "it's fiction shut up", to which I said "If it's just fun fiction that's not trying for anything deeper then it wouldn't attempt moral quandaries and vividly realistic scenarios for character drama", and now your reply is to try and hand-wave all that away by saying "Well its not trying to be realistic at all because it has supernatural powers"

Who said the game was trying to be a realistic fiction? I first used "realistic" in quotes, in order to show that there's a clear difference between a bombastic fun fiction story (Gintama) and something that obviously tries for realistic/real-world issues (like Persona 2) but misses the mark entirely because its main theme is muddled and confused due to the stupid and heinous idea of brain-lobotomies.

Let's not forget, this all started when YOU said:

To which an user rightly replied:

And then YOU said:

You weren't arguing "its fiction shut up" but that there was no other alternative and that, yeah, the main message of the story is "just brainwash bad people into being good" is a good idea. Not that it wasn't a total blast hearing teenagers winge about muh mean, oppressive adults. Oh man, that wasn't grating in the slightest.

Point is, YOU brought the subject into the application of "what else could they do?" which is a question of reality, not purely fiction, and between that and the main theme of the game, I replied that the alternative to brainwashing people into being good is to simply grow up, something this cast only really does in their S.Links and at the very end of the story - LONG after they've been through the round-about, mostly thanks to Ryuji being an insufferable jackass and no one haing foresight about "Maybe that black masked guy we've heard about twice now might try something…"

You don't want your game's theme being compared to real life? Don't bring real life scenarios into the story and constantly demand that the story be compared to real life via forced moral quandaries that leave as soon as they are brought up. You want to just be bombastic and fun with hints of dark overtones? Be a Gintama. Be a JoJo. Be a DragonBall. Be a Lupin the III. The minute you bring in reality is the minute you have to swallow it and deal with the contrast.

To prove that their childish view of societal reform via brainwashing is severely short-sighted, obviously, and that, even if they did manage it locally, they would eventually try expanding their efforts because their starting premise is that infantile.

Look, just say "I like it so whatever" and be done with it, because there's no arguing this. The main theme is self-defeating and the idea we'd draw inspiration for challenges in our lives from a cast of idiots who think they can inspire people to courage by brainwashing villains is dumb.
I can enjoy the game despite that. I just give it no undue credit for its busted narrative - busted in numerous ways, not just this. I listed that before.

Also, I didn't call you an ignorant kid. I said your argument is that of an ignorant kid's. Your argument is pathetic is what I meant. Sorry if I came off like some uppity jackass.

And in here when I said "your game" I didn't mean you in particular but "you" in general, in this instance the devs for P5.

I wonder which deity he will be. There are quite a few tricksters and dealers across the world's mythologies, but I can't think of any with a pronounced proboscis.

I again hope for more Nyarlathotep, with Azathoth behind him. P4:A's nobody BBEG was a major disappointment.

Hm. Look into a Persona game, gain some insight into a major 40K character.

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MAGIC IN FICTION
WHEN YOU INTRODUCE SOME CONCEPT IN A STORY THAT DOESN'T EXIST IN REAL LIFE YOU HAVE TO DEFINE IT, EVEN IF IT'S JUST "MAGIC, BITCH"
IF YOU'RE DOING SOME SPECULATIVE HISTORY, IT'S NOT TOO BAD, JUST KEEP IT MORE MORALLY AMBIGUOUS AND DON'T SHOVE AN OMELAS DOWN YOUR CONSUMER'S THROAT
BUT IF YOU DO FUCKING MAGIC, YOU WILL, SOONER OR LATER, FUCK UP
IT'S GONNA BE LIKE GETTING HIT BY A TRUCK, THE LONGER YOU LIVE THE GREATER THE ODDS UNTIL IT'S A CERTAINTY
THE GOOD STORIES ARE THE ONES THAT EITHER END BEFORE THEY RUN INTO THEM OR BRING UP LEGITIMATE ALTERNATIVES
BECAUSE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A MOMENT WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO SAY "THIS MAGIC IS RIGHT, THIS MAGIC IS WRONG, BECAUSE I/THE WRITERS SAY SO"
AND ONCE A STORY REACHES THAT POINT, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK
"REVENGE IS WRONG SO I AM ALWAYS RIGHT BECAUSE BELIEVE IT"
"THE WORLD IS FUCKED AND SO I HAVE TO MASSACRE A BUNCH BECAUSE THERE IS LITERALLY NO ALTERNATIVE BECAUSE I SAID SO AND ANYONE WHO OPPOSES ME IS EITHER IGNORANT OR LOYAL OR POTIMAS "
"DOING X WITH MAGIC IS BAD BECAUSE IT LITERALLY STAINS YOUR SOUL AND ANYTHING YOU DO WITH MAGIC SO EVEN IF YOU'RE LITERALLY SAVING THE WORLD FUCK YOU THE WORLD GETS FUCKED ANYWAY"
"I'M THE HANDMAID OF THE TAO SO ANYTHING I DO IS RIGHT EVEN IF IT'S KILLING SOME DUDE AND I FEEL BAD ABOUT IT"
"YOU CAN'T STOP NYX BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STOP EREBUS BECAUSE EVERYBODY'S ANGRY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW GAS PRICES OR SOME SHIT"
AND THEN ANY CONFLICT WITH MAGIC IS NO LONGER MEANINGFUL, BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD WHAT'S RIGHT AND WHAT'S WRONG
PERSONA 5 DOESN'T GET FAR ENOUGH TO SAY "BRAINWASHING'S RIGHT BECAUSE X," FROM SOME OUTSIDE SOURCE OF GOD
RATHER, FROM SOME OUTSIDE SOURCE OF GOD THAT ISN'T THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE GAME
FUCKING DEITIES

P3 was a travesty

Faults aside, I liked the Nocturne reference in the Casino level where the protag solos a tournament and Thor is the last opponent

Hahaha what's that image from? I'm cracking up.

in other news, i wish there was an option to straight out quit cutscenes and load old saves, everytime i fuck up a class question i have to wathc 20lbs of text & cutscene to reload my previous save and get the question right.

also, why is there no THE WORLD arcana in the list of persona? it only goes up to XX Judgement

I actually liked Ryuji compared to fucking Yosuke, but that doesn't mean he hold a candle to Junpei either.

i like ryuji as "bro" more than junpei.

but hey, at least we agree that yosuke wasn't very good or interesting.

maybe youll grow up one day, kid

at least i didn't write a whole fucking bible about it, like

now thats prime A quality butthurt

If you want to be a perfectionist, just look the answer up on the internet, or use the guild thieve's. Or you can stop being a little faggot and don't savescum.

What does Sojiro keeps saying to you? Nothing goes perfectly in life, so don't let it get to you

idk Junpei just seemed more like a real person imo. That doesn't mean Ryuji is a shit character. And I don't hate Yosuke, he's just a shit bro compared to the rest of the series.

Also, if you want help with the questions there's already lists of answers for them.

yeah i bet you play games while reading guides, you faggot. you probably can't do good at them otherwise.

also persona games push you to be a perfectionist, you are on a schedule, so getting that one point of knowledge, or getting three points from a social link reply instead of one or two ends adding up, add enough and you'll get more time in the big scheme of things, which means more demon hunting

i know, its 2017, the internet has full guides of every game on release week. its still not the point.

and yeah junpei was gr8, i just kinda fancy ryuji because he's a dick

teacher kawakami >>>>>>>> maid kawakami

And here I thought they couldn't outdo Teddy as an annoying piece of shit.

Anyway, can you date the velvet lolis? I'm guessing no, but I'd like to know for sure before I go for the punk doctor.

atlus out-fucking-did themselves this time, truly the best velvet girls so far

Oh I agree. But free laundry is a service I won't ignore. If I could tell her not to wear the outfit I would, but she says it's so she doesn't get caught because…you know…she's fucking her student.

I would play the fuck out of that.

have any idea how to get a Shiisaa with Frei? im stuck on this one

Jack Frost with Mikami. There are Mikami's in the second dungeon, pretty sure, and probably in mementos as well.

i got both of those, does Mikami learn Frei?

Ryuji is definitely more of a man than Yosuke was, but that still doesn't excuse him being a complete liability for everything you do. I mean he never fucks up so bad you actually want to strangle him but Ryuji's a simple-minded idiot and whenever he opens his mouth you know he's going to make the situation deteriorate and make you feel like you are much closer to being in deep shit than you were minutes before.

I think the reason behind his jackassery and the fact that you can't ditch him is to maintain your crew's "outsider" and "rebel" status. He will helpfully mouth off against anyone you were trying to win over and alienate all kinds of authority figures (even if you were trying to avoid their scrutiny) and potential allies and the like. He does that shit nonstop and always makes the situation harder on you than it needed to be and bringing you closer to being deep in shit.

Incidentally, Junpei was a bit of a goof who never seemed take the shit he was involved in seriously, just giddy about having powers and getting dragged along for the ride because eh if he's willing we can use him, but at least he had some proper character development, was a chill dude overall, and never felt like a liability or shit. His narrative purpose was also to establish a baseline so that you retained some sense of normalcy throughout your misadventures.

How the fuck can you get to that conclusion? Did you even read my post? I'm telling you if you want to perfect your game in one try, you either read the answer online, or suck it up if you make an error.

Stop being an autist who has to reload their game everytime something doesn't goes their way

the point of videogames is that you should strive to be as close to perfection on your first run as possible.

don't get butthurt at me for using the tools the game gives instead of reading guides like a casual faggot.

I cant belive you fat homos still play these edgy pokemans games

I agree, Ryuji is leagues better than Yosuke, but for me, both the former along with Junpei are in the same level. Both are dicks, but they have better backgrounds and social links (counting P3P, if you played femc's route) than Yosuke. Not only that, it's quite nice that despite the bad blood Ryuji had with his former track team went through thanks to Kamoshida's reign, he still went out of his way to protect them from another coach that was in the same league as the former PE teacher. Though I feel that writers that were involved in the game dropped the ball in some cases with characters like Ryuji, the asshat Akechi, and Makoto. They had ideas, but it feels that they wasted a shitload of time during development, and cut out the good ideas instead of the bad ones.

The one I got had one….maybe you need to get a specific one, huh…

no its ok, Mikami actually comes with frei from the get-go.

already fused and turned in, thanks user

That is terrible news. Thank you for alerting people.

Because you are.

If that fucking cat wasn't reminding you to do go to bed every fucking Evening, you could knock out 90% of the social links in the first three months.

But every month, you get railroaded for two weeks straight, then your weekends get taken from you for story events. I get the theme of the game is not having control, but goddamn.

Also.
Shit that never happens for 200 alex.

i dont understand why they put the classic theme on every other costume except the P4 one.

Just strengthen Shiisa with Suzaku and save scum until you get Frei. That's pretty much a better strategy when going for Persona with specific skills.

Granted, the cat is better than Teddie, but I don't really understand why the cat won't let you do anything on certain days and such. You get to do mementos, and you still have free time for the evening. But when it comes to you coming back from a palace or there's an upcoming event, the fucking won't let you do squat.

They probably assume everyone likes the mindless expansion pack game and the fighting games.

supposedly because you're too tired.

remember in persona 3 where you didn't have an annoying little shit assistant telling you what to do at every time? if you overworked yourself, your protagonist would get "sick" and "exhausted", and that would reduce your performance at school, at studying, and during the dark hour you'd get critical hit'd every time.

its pretty obvious what happened, they decided to remove that aspect of the game and replace it with morgana telling you when you can and cannot do things.

I really missed that aspect, and it's a shame they got rid of it after P3P. Not to mention, it's a bit of a loss opportunity of not getting the chance to call Kawakami, Tae, or any of the girls you romanced with for some good ol' TLC when you're sick.

exactly, instead of putting in the tired and sick mechanic, they just put the fucking cat to randomly stop you half the times.

1 and 2 are also vastly different then 3 onward(hamon vs stand), as you fight actual demons (vampires) not shadows (stand users).
People could use as many personas as they wanted instead of one (hamon had a huge amount of applications while stand users have about one or two)

Shadows fought are ripped from a tarot deck, kira was a murderer who specifically targeted women for their hands, and persona 5 is about a bunch of miscreant outcasts who are considered criminal (part 5 was about mafia members)

So uh In the true ending it is implied that Ohya was critical in getting you sprung from juvie by tracking down that lying bitch so does that mean you don't get the true ending if you don't max out her S link? Or does she do it anyway? I was thinking of ignoring her next play through since I already got Beelzebub and her S link item but I don't wanna get stuck with a bad ending.

She does it anyway.

Okay good. Not that I didn't enjoy her company I just would rather focus on S links I didn't max out which is pretty much everyone but Futaba Mishima and those you get by default.

stop comparing everything to jojo, jesus its getting annoying.

i blame the fucking anime for this.

Devil is available in rain. The only one who isn't is fortune and that makes sense because her shit is just a table outside. I've noticed plenty of confidants have ups in the rain, actually. Way more than 4. Plus, you can always use those days to up a stat or go the dungeon to knock out some requests.

Getting all max links in NG+ is easy as fuck

archive.is/bvHaP

This will never not be relevant.

fucking hell, why is cucktaku STILL alive?

Someone else bought it, and unfortunately decided to keep that smut farm running. You know, bankruptcy system is there to prevent massive amount of people, or in this case a bunch of sociopath walking in the street and kicking dust when a business went down. Also the debtors, in case this, HH, can get their lawful dosh.

I've noticed. I'm at the end of June and I'm already dating Ann. Though it wasn't that hard the first time either, I got a bunch up to 9 but then the game ended before I got to max them out.

what does it mean when an equipment item says "possesses the power to transmutate"?

i've already found an accessory and a weapon with this text, the weapon is shitty and the accessory has no stats on it.

Wait until you can fuse personas onto it to make the ultimate weapons

oh good, i'll keep those then

this is like you expect good story in porn as well
every jrpg story is shit but this is not the reason you play it. You play it to max out your character and because you like the mechanics.

I hated these constant flashbacks as well. worst part of the game

I am now 75 hours in and generally I liked the game very much. Although it feels very rushed once you steal futabas heart. Like they put everything directly from 3rd gear into 6th gear. I also hope you can still do shit after the Dec 20th deadline because It is impossible for me to max out all the COnfidants until then.

Gotta say, I'm liking the theme of the 6th dungeons always having vocal themes.

How far back does that go?

Just four, since its dungeon structure was similar to this. Three just had one dungeon and some weird events outside of it. And I'm pretty sure 1 and 2 didn't have any vocal themes in battle or dungeons that I recall. Anyway, maybe it would be more appropriate to say that I'm okay with it becoming a trend.

Futaba even has the same sitting habit like L from Death note (or was he called merrow, cannot remember, it was the guy with dark hair and circles under eyes)

hey, its a jrpg so what did you expect.
They always come with the muh friendship message and cheesy/cliche plots
Yes the game is shitty in so many aspects but it is still enjoyable

Mishima was like a rain cloud and he always gave me bad vibes. This nigger was constantly messaging me to hang out with him. Needly little shit

I was also surprised how retarded someone can be but I still liked him more than anne or yusuke

I never liked this dumb blonde and during the playthrough I wondered if she is similarly retarded like ryuji but I guess you need to expect this from the dumb blonde archtype

staple for any anime or jrpg and I wanted to smash his face and stab his brain with his nose bone the first time I met him

In other words, that game story and characters still don't hold a candle to the ones in the Persona 2 duology. A shame, I guess persona is fated to become a shit waifu simulator now, directed towards the teenagers that need to have waifus in their games, even if that means the story and other stuff need to be bad so the developers can focus in the waifus.

isnt persona 2 the one where hitler is the bad guy (for the 1000000000th time in fiction)?

You just proved you don't know anything about Persona 2.

wow aren't you a modern sherlock holmes, you dumbfuck, thats why i made a question, see the "?" at the end?

Remember when the head writer self inserted himself as Tadashi and married Tamaki because he based her off an idol he had a crush on

It's Nyarlathotep disguised as Hitler. And is Hitler really that common in fiction? I mean one of the main reasons besides the fact that the main character can enter a homosexual relationship that Innocent Sin wasn't localized in the west for a long time was because having Hitler as a boss was seen as too controversial for the time.

Is Persona 5 any good?

Very few games do. IS and EP are essentially novels with gameplay segments.

It's all the rumors about Hitler incarnated into the raddest Furher possible.

Yeah, and remember when Shoji Meguro and Kaneko used to hang out with Igor in the Velvet Room?

The gameplay is very good. The story is kinda like a mashup of all the Persona games.

Yes.

Why would cigarettes go after a tarot deck?

I can't read that shit.
Why do you uberweebs think normalweebs can?

It's just a picture to go along with the music, smart guy.

Konbanwa.
Good evening.
I studied the language for four weeks then abandoned it for a year, you can definately do better.

At least they draw inspiration from good source material and not something like Touhou for christ's sake.

Does anyone have a complete list of the combinations for the persona fusions in persona 5?

Ah good times. From what I know it wasn't even just those two and himself; many, if not most of the game's npcs are based on people that worked in Atlus at that time. Dunno if that have something to do with the character's design being good lol.

Yeah, you can see how much effort were in those things, Satomi really nailed it. What pisses me off is that based on the PSP ports, especially Batsu's extra scenario, it's clear that he had more ideas or wanted to continue the series somehow. I hope he returns for PE6 and we see what he have in mind, even if just to pretend that 3 and 4 ( and 5 I guess?) never happened, though unfortunately I guess Hashino won't let him near the franchise as long as he lives. Gotta keep selling to the casual shit tier.

Yeah, most people know Persona 2 as the jrpg with Hitler as if that was a generic thing…yet i bet they can't name 5 jrpgs in which you fight him (even if it's not really him) him, since PE2 was the only one that had that. I think they think of stuff like Wolfenstein and assume every game that even mention his name is like that, having you fight him as the last boss or something…so dumb.

a literal ledditor did one:
chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/list/level
you have to click on the name to open the details (don't be fooled that the names are not blue, clicking them will open a new window)

Yeah, nobody was WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYposting ten years ago.

???

gay

YHWH damn, atlus. I should really learn moon.

Do you guys think "LET'S NOT DO THAT TODAY" can be fixed in a patch or we will have to wait for FES/Golden refurbish? Fucking jewish samurais.

Have you people been living under a rock or something, since day one Persona has always been a JoJo ripoff.

So it's a good localization?

How am I shitposting? For disagreeing with you? You're not very bright are you?

Why have you spammed the same picture six times in six different threads?
What have you embeded within it?

Nigger, what the fuck are you doing? He just posted it in at least 8 threads just greentexting something from the thread. Are you a bot?

simply the only reaction image i posess in my phone to express my disdain towards the myriad horrible posts plaguing this board. Instead of attacking someone for something baseless, you should be attacking the many shit threads (2 persona threads, 1 meaningless epic xD thread, shill threads) in our board.
Unless of course, you don't care about the board, and you only care that people agree with you, and you got triggered someone didn't.
You're the reason Holla Forums is gone to shit, not someone using one reaction image, and baseless accusations.

baseless accusations are a testament of your priorities being people agreeing with you instead of a constructive discussion*

Wait really, you can lifeline the questions? Haha lame.

Only moment I got pissed is when the lesson said the King Crab is realliy close to the Hermit Crab and the test expects you to answer that it's not related to crabs, since neither of those are true crabs.

Autism will never let me play them.

Is there any battle menu edit of a based stick man?

No you fucking moron. Internet memes are not something you are supposed to bring into real life, unless you want to sound autistic. Atlus did exactly that. It was their idea of making pop culture references for the channer crowd, except no imageboard user (or regular person, for that matter) in their right mind appreciates hearing that crap in real life and imageboard culture in general does not like pandering and "am I cool yet" bullshit.

Inserting memes is just annoying shit and the sign of talentless, retarded writers.

I have some news (olds) for you, son.

Exactly my point.

lel, I only noticed it now