..Previously on Dragiin Ball Zeee

What is Holla Forums's favorite Dragon Ball games?
Here are some gems:

Turn-based card game.
Sidescroller adventure beat 'em up.
Topdown RPG with levelling up system.
Turn-based, similar to Pokémon.

Proper 2D competitive fighters, similar to Tekken or Mortal Kombat.
3D anime simulators.

Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3 are the best games of their respective genres.

Budokai 3 is the only good DBZ game

Wrong.
The top-down RPGs were the best and followed the plot of the shows quite well without all the filler.

It would be perfect if it had Zarbon, Dodoria and Android #19.
3 characters that are missing but were in Budokai 1.

Also
is retarded.

Besides that, B3 is excellent.

I remember playing Legendary Super Warriors as a kid. Fun game and my first experience with the series as a whole because I never watched the anime when it aired.
I emulated Advanced Adventure a couple years ago and was surprised by how fun it was. I might just replay that again because you reminded me of it.

Another Road on the PSP was alright.

I haven't played any other DBZ games like budokai or tenkaichi except for Xenoverse 1 and 2 recently which were good, but could definitely be better.

DBZ is the perfect example of power creep. Except it's not really creep, it's exponential leaps and bounds.
By the end of DBZ there are children four times as powerful as Goku was when he defeated Frieza. And those are the lower-tier characters/power levels in that chapter.

Dokkan Battle is pretty Fun.

I'm still waiting for the full translation of DBO though.

Yeah, Advanced Adventure is a really great retelling of Kid Goku's journey from the beginning all the way to the King Piccolo saga.

Objectively best DBZ fighting game.

You are wrong.

Drag Ball (because it's gay)
Draging Ball (because it drags on forever)

Legacy of Goku 1 was an unholy pile of fucking shit, and it was loaded with its own filler.

LoG 1 is awful yes.
But the sequels are good.

I bet you think Mario 3 was better than World.

bump

Just started replaying on Hard and I'm getting my ass kicked by Yamcha.
JUST

Nigga, do you even infinite world?

Budokai and Budokai 3 a best. Lots of happy hours were spent playing those as a teenager, unlocking everything I could. Imperfect Cell is better than Perfect. Though Super Perfect was a bitch to kill, same with 100% Frieza.

Aged well, this has not. Still, bretty got abridgement of events.

The only Dragon Ball game I've played was Legacy of Goku II. Is Buu's Fury worth playing?

YES

Im considering buying a gameboy sp just so i have a console to play it!
Its much better than legacy of goku 2 which was already amazing

Power levels were just the Frieza Forces' ass backwards way of measuring ki usage. It was all based on junk science and a poor understanding of how ki actually works.

The only true, objective measurement of power in the DB universe is the "Pecking Order." IE: Nappa is above Raditz in the pecking order, but Nappa is below Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

So like power scaling?

Either way, the message gets across.

The only big difference between this and the PL chart is Gotenks.

There it is. The pecking order.

Needs an update now that Super came out.

what if king kai taught krillin kaio-ken?

He'd explode himself.

He'd initially get a big power boost, but the drawbacks of kaioken would make it pretty useless for anything but emergency situations.

Mine is Dokkan Battle

that's some lowballing Android arc Krillin and Tien

Didn't Xenoverse say something about human being the only ones that could control Kaioken properly?

In Xenoverse 2, any race can use the kaioken, and it works the same for everybody.

Well shit, that's just one more thing for Krillin to job at then

In his first fight after Buu, in Super, Goku is so powerful that fighting even with someone else causes blows so powerful that they would have destroyed the universe if the other guy didn't actively absorb the energy to protect the universe.

He's since become thousands of times more powerful.

Superman's still stronger though. They both started at about the same level, too.

This. Just take the story and let me play it single player. If they don't waste time with MMO shit they can maybe make the combat a bit better too. Xenoverse is already like half MMO anyway, just do it.

Krillin is the only main character who didn't get to train with King Kai, but he still became more powerful than all those fuckers. Krillin is best human.

Superman is canonicly weak to Ki as of a question miniseries where it's stated to be an extension of his magic weakness.

When was that? It's bullshit anyway since his magic "weakness" is just that he doesn't have specific defenses against it (like his strong skin defends against forceful impacts), but there are writers who fuck up and just have him get hurt by anything that has any magical properties, even if those properties aren't specifically for hurting things. If the magic is "my punches are magically as strong as kicks," that doesn't matter, because Superman can still take a kick, but if it's "my punches can kill anybody on impact," then it kills Superman, because he doesn't have specific magic defenses. It should kill Goku too, or anyone else without some specific defense.

You say that like he didn't get a power boost for just being in the right place at the right time.

Compare that to a certain human who couldn't do one tribeam without nearly killing himself, to shooting a gajillion at Cell and still live, because of "King Kais training"

Tien has three eyes and is not a human.

There's only room for one bald god here, triclops.

i need proof

Watch the Buu Saga. They make it very clear. Super Saiyan 3 Goku thinks he "probably" could have beaten fat Majin Buu. Gohan is way, way stronger than Super Buu, and Super Buu with Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks absorbed. Gohan is the strongest unfused character. He was always said to have the most potential, and even in Battle of Gods/Super, Goku had to use magic to surpass him (and mortal limits in general). Then in Super they say Vegeta reached that level just by training, without using the magic spell. So they fucked up. The movie (and manga) doesn't say that, at least.

but they also make it clear that majin buu is the strongest of the buus, except the amount of gods he absorbed changed his chaotic demeanor into a playful one that doesn't use all his power

Fat Buu and Super Buu had the exact same parts, but Super Buu was better equipped for fighting, both mentally, and in physical shape. They immediately remark that his ki rose drastically, and he also somehow gains the ability to sense ki.

What's Holla Forums's stance on Idainaru Densetsu for the PS1?

I guess I'll try injecting it on my N3DS, then.

Reminder that Yamcha became literally stronger than God by the time Vegeta showed up, and in filler (which Super seems to reference a bunch), beat the Ginyu Force.

The weakest protagonist in the series is still stronger than guys known for being literal freaks of nature that were used to control the universe. I wouldn't be surprised if we were supposed to think he became stronger than Frieza by the time the Androids showed up.

Read the thread you illiterate niggers, power levels were only made so they could broken. Besides all numerical levels stopped being officially being calculated after the Freeza arc, every stupidly high number you see for the Cell and Buu arcs is bullshit fanfiction culled from some 13 year olds DBZ fansite from 2002.

Wait, chichi is a stronger fighter than videl?
How?

Nigger

More experience.

Well sorry, i do not care about reading the whole thread, i just wanted to look at the cool chart.

How?
Videl was fighting against criminals and terrorists with the great saiyaman, also managed to get pretty high in the martial arts tournament, while chichi just went there to find goku.

I wasn't going by the chart. Didn't bother to look at it because, as you said, Power Levels are bullshit and aren't used by any characters who aren't Frieza or his army, so obviously any numbers for characters after Frieza aren't even canon.

But Gohan is stronger than Goku in the Buu Saga. It's very clear. Gohan is sent to fight Buu because he is stronger than Goku. Goku even says so. Characters have to fuse, and then later use magic spells, to become stronger than Gohan.

Chi Chi has taken "accidental" slaps and throws from Goku and has lived to tell about it.

But it's irrelevant because women aren't allowed to fight after they get married in this series. Except for 18, but even she doesn't help out most of the time, even though she should be much stronger than Krillin.

Well of course, she is busy being the hottest female in the series.
Also, she only fights for money after the cell saga.

Yamcha got fisted by 20. Where 19 & 20 realy any stonger then Frieza?

Yes. They were tons stronger than Frieza. Keep in mind that though they weren't 17 and 18, the 17 and 18 we see are much stronger than the 17 and 18 in Trunks's timeline. Trunks was scared shitless of these weaker androids, but was still able to kill a powered up Frieza and his dad effortlessly. 19 and 20 might not have been as strong as that 17 or 18 either, that's not clear, but they are still way stronger than Frieza. It took actual effort from a Super Saiyan to beat them, for example. Frieza just goes down effortlessly once a Super Saiyan shows up, except in filler, where he gets some good hits in, but Toriyama doesn't know about filler. He clearly intended 19 and 20 to be way stronger.

I unironically enjoy playing Xenoverse 2 and think the Super post-Black arc is some of the best shit the series has seen since Cell died.

They never once stated Krillin is stronger than 18. A few episodes ago when they recruited him for the Xen-Oh tournament Gohan wanted to be shown personally that he wouldn't be a detriment to the team. Meanwhile he never questioned for a second that 18 would be useful, because she's fucking powerful.

Ch-chi and 18 were never real fighters at begin with. And heaven forbid Videl matures and has more interest in being a wife and mother than fighting low tier criminals.

I don't know why you seem to think your opinion would be seen as ironic, but I liked Xenoverse 2 as well and genuinely enjoy watching Super.
This isn't /a/, where they have to constantly remind others that Toriyama is a hack and apparently suffering from Alzheimer or some shit, while watching the anime all the same.

Speaking of Super, I wish they would give the supporting characters more time for power ups. Buu suddenly turning slim after a ~2 hour workout is pretty silly. I'm glad he's getting some action though, I really like Buu.

Yeah, exactly, which is why it's gay that she doesn't join in to kill Frieza soldiers and shit. I mean okay they gave an excuse, but it would have been cool to see even more characters show up.

Videl was a real fighter, too. She was stronger than Mr. Satan, who is indeed the strongest person on earth outside of Goku and his friends. Chi Chi made it into the Tenkaichi tournament when that was still a relatively big deal, and any random guy who made it in got his own fight that actually had focus.

The point is, it's cool to have more characters actually be useful. Videl dropping off from being a pretty good fighter in the tournament to never being mentioned as a fighter ever again is pretty abrupt. At least with Chi Chi it suits her character better, since she was so focused on being a wife.

Granted, if they made jokes about it, like how they openly joke about what a bitch Yamcha is, then I'd be fine with it. But at least acknowledge it.

Gee, I don't know..maybe because her bedroom session with Goku makes her a lot stronger?

oh boy a sex joke, it's almost like I'm watching dbz abridged :^)

Wasn't really a joke but sure, I guess.

I thought Kid Buu was the strongest. Something about not having the cockiness and "maturity" that Super Buu had that made Kid Buu the most terrifying enemy…until Beerus showed up.

not the strongest, just the most dangerous cus that niqqa cuhrazee

Does anybody know the power level of Annin? Given she's a goddess, I bet she must be very strong.

I pick farmer with a shotgun.

Considering that gods can be slain in Dragon Ball (I mean, the Kais are basically gods), I'm guessing she's maxing out around Kibito or Shin?

Why the spoiler?

people have gotten giantess fetish from less than that.

Kibito Kai commented (in the manga) that Kid Buu is definitely the strongest, as it is the original form and for its full relentless evil and unpredictability

fr DragonBall Z wiki:

"..in truth Buu actually has existed since time immemorial. He cycled between rampages and long hibernation. During numerous iterations of this cycle, he absorbed the evil elements of mankind, becoming steadily more violent."

For all the giggles we get, farmer with a shotgun survived into Battle of the Gods

Doesn't have one. Once again power levels are bullshit and were only calculated in the Saiyan and Freeza arcs

The DBZ wiki is notorious for its inaccuracies, namely taking filler and plotholes from the dub as canon. Be careful sourcing from them

My favorite is Tenkaichi 2 because of the Soundtrack and nostalgia

Wasn't Ultimate/Mystic Gohan supposed to be as strong as they come?

Being a god doesn't mean shit in Dragon Ball. Goku became stronger than God (Kami) before he was 17 years old. Korin is also a god and Goku got stronger than him before he was 14. He became stronger than Kaio (World King, the king of Gods) by the time he was 23, and when Kaioshin showed up (World King God), when Goku was 34, Goku and his friends were all so much stronger than him that he was shitting his pants. Kaioshin is also technically now the Daikaioshin (Great World King God), since the old one got absorbed by Buu. He's still a chump compared to Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan, and that's before Gohan got powered up by Old Kai or Goku revealed Super Saiyan 3.

Kais are above gods. Dende is literally God.

That quote is not at all canon. It's not anywhere in the manga, anime, or even video games. It's extrapolating from some random thing Toriyama said in an interview 20 years later.

Kaioshin is the most afraid of Kid Buu because he's the most crazy, least restrained, but he technically has less power.

He was. Buu had to absorb Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks and Piccolo to become stronger than him (and when Gotenks wore off and it was Piccolo, Trunks, and Goten, Gohan was much stronger than Buu). Goku had to fuse with Vegeta to become stronger than him, and then later had to become a Super Saiyan God to surpass him.

The only thing that contradicts it is that in the anime, but not in the movie or the manga, they say that Vegeta became a Super Saiyan God simply by training, without using the spell that Goku used. But that's fucking bullshit.

That's what I thought. I believe he is even stronger than or could at least stand toe to toe with Vegeto.

that stomach sinking moment in Revival of F where Gohan didn't know if he could even go SSJ.

What's the difference between IW and B3?

Maybe he's giving her a ki recharge

That's one way to keep job security, I guess.

The amount of potential Gohan has and still continues to waste is ridiculous.

user, I will bet my bottom dollar that that sequels are WAY better than LoG 1.
Also, there isn't a crazy puzzle like on Namek in the first game.

You know who should be in more Dragon Ball games? Ninja Murasaki.

She was a fighter in Dragonball

tenkaichi are better than xenoverse youll like them, it got all that xenoverse has but more in depth and more refined also tenkaichi 3 has got a lot of mods recently that add character up to super

isnt she an anime only character from filler? i'd say it should be around kami's power level

that's actually what shitty security guards do irl actually

Added some shit from later games like Aura Burn, removed Dragon Rush (thank you jesus), more stages/characters, improved skill customization (transform is a single skill so you don't need to take up 4 slots for super saiyans), and some other shit which escapes me at the moment. The multiplayer is hands down the best that the Budokai series has to offer, you will love it with friends.

ON THE OTHER HAND: They fucking GUTTED the single player modes. Story mode consists of a simple map you walk around and just fight whatever it tells you to. They took out Z Clear conditions so you don't even have to try to be story accurate. Occasionally you'll do a piss easy mini game that is more annoying than anything. The cutscenes are kind of cool but they condensed the story so hard it wouldn't make sense to anyone who doesn't already know everything that happened.
Story mode complaints aren't a big deal, I know. But they even removed the world tournament mode and didn't give anything like Babidi's spaceship for a post game. The only alternate single player mode to unlock is "Dragon Road" which is literally just single fights with roster characters you choose that give you a lot of money. super lame.

Did they ever fix the buggy online quests where enemies would fall through the ground? Hearing how they dropped the ball in fixing some of that stuff shortly after release made me glad I pirated them.

I wish they would expand on the real draw of Xenoverse, the character customization, more instead of just copy/pasting.
Didn't know there were mods for those games. Aren't they console only?

He's pretty significant in Xenoverse 2.

???

Buu will probably be fat again when the tournament starts. Most of the discussion on /a/ is really more regarding Toei fucking up and the manga being a lot better as a result of ToriToyo paying attention and correcting said fuck ups.

It really bothered me that 18 was referred to as a warrior by Gohan. It made no sense. She and 17 never had a warrior spirit and never really gave a shit about the art of fighting. They just wanted to kill Saiyans and run wild.

Videl falling out of training sucks dick. What sucks even more dick is her redesign. QT pig tails/short cut Videl is BEST VIDEL.

you mean like how they should've just sent this nigga after all the villains since the only people he can't kill by looking at them sideways are Goku and his kids?

Too autistic. Past Frieza saga, just stop.

That was actually a thing in BT3 where in a what-if scenario, he was the one to kill Frieza, Cold, and their henchmen instead of Future Trunks who was not there.

Android Saga Goku shpuld be below Frieza Saga Goku

What if instead of Vegeta achieving god form too, *he* was the one who comboned Super Saiyan and Kaioken, and he does it to match Goku.

The only reason Goku was able to SSB Kaioken was because SSB strains the body much less than regular SS, and the only way Goku was ever able to combine SS and Kaioken was during a filler tournament arc where Goku was already dead so he didn't have to worry about the immense strain on his body the two techniques would have had. Also why would King Kai teach Vegeta Kaioken?

And its still retarded. More bullets than people.

He isnt that tough tho.

Glass cannon.

And that's not even consistent with the manga which stated that SSB is a major strain on the body, while SSG is actually highly efficient in comparison. I don't even bother considering the anime as anything other than a teaser of the manga, considering how they keep doing things differently.

The latest chapter of Super is out, Vegito still appears.

What the fuck is King Kai gonna do?

Say "No"?

Vegeta has no sense of humor, and you gotta have humor if King Kai is gonna humor you.

Vegeta has plenty of humor. It mostly involves violence, and threats of violence, but its *very* funny.

What's Vegeta gonna do? Kill him?

And Vegeta is the guy who's comically serious.

Hey guys, r8 my humanoid blob created with the guidance of dick

Taino/10

To be fair there's zero reason why the filler cannot be canon. There's enough alternate timelines, universes, and deus ex machina devices for everything to be canon.

Tori outright said he considers the movies to take placer in their own dimension once too.

Why would you think Goku got weaker? Obviously that's not intended. Unless you're counting the brief time when he was sick, but that obviously doesn't count.

The manga is basically still just a condensed version of the anime though. It clearly expects you to watch the anime as well. Hell, even if you count the Resurrection F manga as part of the Super manga, it still skips the end.

Because every time there's anything approaching a plot hole and someone complains about it, the answer is "it's filler." They should at least make clear on every relevant page which parts are filler and which aren't.

That's ok, I'd have them both at once. They're probably related or something.

Budokai 1 best

Whut
She broke vegeta's everything

Thats exactly it and yes it does. Hl, he was very fucking weak. The Androids were winding him and nearly killed him….and then Vegeta shows up and it a lolstomp.

Wait, wouldn't Kid Buu be the strongest version of buu? He seemed to be the only incarnation that was able to destroy the universe, as opposed to Super Buu just killing everyone on earth.

This is explained thoroughly in like every adaptation of Z there is.

Super Buu was interested in fighting AS WELL as destruction. As Buutenks, he only moved to blow up the Earth once it was obvious no one could stand up to him.

Kid Buu didn't give a shit about any of that and immediately went to blow up the Earth, and moved around from planet to planet until he learned Goku and Vegeta were still alive. Thats why he's considered more dangerous, but not stronger: Super Buu (and later forms) main goal is to increase in power and show off, Kid Buu's main concern is just to have fun which primarily involves blowing everything up (but also fighting if he's presented with someone challenging enough, like when Goku and Vegeta kept surviving his attacks)

Frieza and Cell both could have killed everyone but they took too long to showboat, Super Buu was heading down that path too until he became Kid Buu and immediately blew up the Earth

the real plebeian is you

Where my Freezers at?

Full-powered super saiyan.
Although I prefer "mastered super saiyan"

Witnessed, my freezypop brethren

I'm surprised none of these slice-of-life scenes in Super have shown Goku's Cell Games clothes. It'd be a subtle bit of continuity and it looks a lot better than that flamboyant shit he wears when he's farming.

>Want a Dragon Ball game on the go on my Vita

He should teach it to 18 and 17

Emulate GBA

This is some bullshit man.

Sad to be alone, but at least they got pets to actually function now, the skills work and you can feed them.

Wait so can I play this without learning korean? Or would I just have to fumble my way around without any of the story? Because the main reason I'd want it is to see the closest thing to an actual sequel that the series has.

It's still barely translated, but playable. Sadly you can find things that were never truly implemented in the original and thus stuck in their "coming soon" state. The human engineer class trainers exist as NPCs, but the class never released before the original shut down. There are outlines of future regions on the world map, one of which being Fran Fran Desert South which exists physically as a full region, but without any NPCs at all.

He's trying to be controversial by posting a mobile game.

I gave up on this game because it was running like shit for me.

Anyone played the new Xenoverse characters? Rosé Black is pretty rad.

Zamasu and Goku Black Rosé are both fun to play as and Zamasu's super soul will probably be used by everyone in expert missions.

I don't really give any fucks about Bojack but the energy sword attacks the other 2 have are fun as hell
Filthy ningens off my quests reeeeeee

prince of all saiyans spotted