Playstation 3 Exclusives

Is it worth buying a Playstation 3 to play the exclusives? like Infamous,Killzone,Resistance,Uncharted and Demon's Souls? are they any good?

If you can get one cheap enough, why not? As long as you're not hurting for funds or anything. Only way to play a chunk of the Yakuza series, anyway.

N O G A E M S

No. contrary to sonygger belief it really doesnt have anything that good that isnt on PC. The Playstation and Xboc brands as a whole are a god damn blight on the industry.

emulation is coming really fast

I know I have a PC, but im just curious about it, that's why i mentioned just the exclusives like the Yakuza series

LOL thread!

Depends on how Weeb I guess, their western made games are worse than Microsofts, but there's more of them, and emulation is getting somewhere, I watched gameplay of emulated Demon's Souls, it was poor but a month ago it didn't work at all.

I own Demon's Souls, Katamari Forever (which is basically a katamari damacy remade with double the stages), El Shaddai, Ni No Kuni, some God of War games, and a dozen or so multiplats.
Honestly not the worst buy of a console expecially if you have a friend, since the psn has an improved version of Steam's family share that actually allows to download games and play toghether if one of the two of you owns a digital copy of a game, and the store has decent sales from time to time.

DeS isn't worth it unless you have a very high tolerance for frequent dips to

They're all shit.

Agreed, i'd like the multiplayer of it not to be dead.
However they gotta add an anti-healing item like in dark souls.

Not really. Last gen was the point where fucking everything started being ported to PC so in the end all it has is Demons Souls.

Ehhhhh. I got a ps3 because I want to play some exclusives but they were all games I knew wouldn't dissapoint me because I'm a fan of the series they're a part of. So overall I'd say wait for rpcs3 to get better unless you really want to get your hands on a specific game.

OP, I just had to go and check my physical game collection for PS3 games. Really the only titles I have are God of War III and the ICO/SotC remasters. All the games you listed are pretty garbage except Demon's Souls, which is decent. It's not a $100 game, though.

Get one if you like catching up to some weebshit you might have missed.

FF13-2
Eternal sonata
Tales of symphonia
Ni no kuni
Ar nosurge
Tears to tiara 2

That's not true most of the time, and Dark Souls was far worse in terms of performance.

No, it really isn't. Play the PC version sometime.

I'm talking about the console version.

Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza Dea- on second thought no

DeS does drop to 20fps at times, but it also can go as high as 60 thanks to its uncapped framerate. Dark souls is a different story. Best played at 30fps due to the bugs introduced at 60fps.

when will this meme die

Which is completely irrelevant when an infinitely superior version exists, which was my entire point. You're making the argument that X bad game isn't that bad, because a shitty port of another game that actually has a non-shit port exists.

dark souls on PC isn't exactly a huge bump in quality

Either shitposting, or you've never actually played it with dsfix and seen how good it looks when it isn't running at a dogshit internal resolution.

Its still looks good either way because of good art direction.

I just want to play Dragon's Crown.

We already played it with a friend that brought his PS3 to some LAN parties we did, 4 players in the same room against a big screen. It was better than Shadows over Mystara. We ended up beating the thing 3 times, resurrected the three goddesses, found the secret boss and practically unlock 100% of everything. It was that good.

I'd perhaps try the HD versions of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico too.

Read the post I was responding to, and then see these images. If you don't think this is a "huge bump in quality" you need some fucking glasses.

And this is one of the interesting things about DaS.

The quality is there, it's just hidden behind a disgustingly low (1024x768) internal resolution so that it'll (barely) run on trash-tier console hardware that was shit even when it was first released. This isn't a fucking texture mod, it's less than 1mb in files' that simply allow you to see the detail that is already there.

Even the most shameless, bullshit spewing consolecuck like can't sit there and say that this isn't a massive bump in quality.

It's not worth it for just it's exclusives. Soft-Mod it and use it as a PS1 emulator as well.

it's not a huge bump in quality. It's a resolution upgrade. playing with 60fps would be far more of a "bump" than having pwetty gwaficks you child. Game has major problems with 60fps however, meaning it's not worth it.

ps1 games look like shit on ps3 due to lack of 240p support.

Resulting in a huge bump in image quality. This is why you're a shameless, bullshit spewing consolecuck. Not only do you accept mediocrity, but you actively reject massive improvements.

I'm genuinely disgusted that I share a board with faggots like you.

aka "you can't slide down ladders and everything else works 100% fine." That sucks, but it's an acceptable tradeoff for smooth framerates and all the benefits that brings.

Nigger, it's relevant because we're talking about the PS3 in this thread, and comparing Demon's Souls to its successor on the same platform is the best way to gauge it, so saying that Demon's Souls framerate would suddenly be a deal-breaker when Dark Souls was much worse in that regard makes no sense, because many people had to suffer through all those framerate dips which were very well known (see: Blighttown).

It's obvious you just came here for a pissing contest though, and are sperging the fuck out even though the PC port of Dark Souls was officially garbage.

it's a minor upgrade, a proper PC developed ground up for modern hardware dark souls would be this "massive improvement" you claim it is. Never seen someone get so passionate about resolution of all things. fanboys are so weird.

a game breaking change isn't a good change son. You can fall through the maps, it's kind of funny even.

Yes, you can fall through the ground if you do something completely optional that most players don't ever bother with. It sucks but if you don't slide down ladders then you're not losing anything from running the game at 60fps.

No, it's not. See, Demon's Souls does not have a port. It is a PS3 exclusive. This is the only version that exists. 100% take it or leave it, with all of the problems that it entails. Dark Souls, on the other hand, is not an exclusive. There is a definitive version that exists. So when discussing the flaws of Demon's Souls, as I was in my original post, responding with "Hey, there's a port of Dark Souls that's just as bad, therefore Demon's Souls isn't that bad!" just doesn't work. It's not an effective argument, especially when my original point was merely that DeS has a shitty framerate, and would benefit most from an HD re-release, but you appear to have failed to comprehend that post before donning your console apologetics hat and shitting your pants.
Re-read my first post, and then your response.
Not will, did. Stings that you can't say the same about the 360/PS3 version, doesn't it?

You argue like a woman/nigger/child.

then it's settled, best played with 30fps cap, not the most desirable but the game plays fine and there's no issues.

I don't see a resolution change as a major improvement. You have an odd perception of events. Fanatics are very unreliable people.

Nigger, raising the cap to 60fps also removes the Blighttown slowdowns and other assorted slowdowns you get in the game. You quite literally lose nothing except the ability to slide down ladders in exchange for a massive boost in smoothness and responsiveness.

In dsfixkeys.ini, you can bind the 30fps toggle to a hotkey, bind that to an extra button on your gamepad, like the playstation/xbox home button, and just flick that shit on whenever you want, so you don't even need to give up sliding down ladders

get a load of this faggot
Gameplay > Graphics every time

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I try replaying the game
Last time I played Dark Souls I was going through this stage where I had constant 24 hour headaches for several years, and looking back it really fucked with my ability to play video games. Now that my health is generally better I'm really looking forward to playing the game again.

You act as though the PC port exists in a vacuum; it probably would have never happened in the first place if it wasn't for the success it had on consoles, hence why DS1's problems were so well known at the time. If people managed to get through that, why wouldn't they be able to deal with similar issues in Demon's Souls, especially when it wasn't as BAD as its successor? That's the entire point in comparing the two games on the same platform.

Moreover, I posted a video proving the vast majority of the time DeS runs at a solid framerate. You're saying that because of a few moments in a game where you could potentially sink hundreds of hours in, is suddenly "not worth it"? I call bullshit.

Did you get a diagnoses? What the fuck gives you constant headaches for years?

I don't think you understand what that expression means, when I'm explicitly comparing it to the PS3/360 versions.
What does that have to do with the shitty framerate, and the game being the one Souls game most in need of an HD remaster? Which was the entire point of my first post?
8 minutes and 44 seconds is the vast majority of the game? Aren't you taking that hyperbole a little bit too far?

I think you misinterpreted my post originally, got defensive, and now you've dug yourself in too deep a hole to get out of, so like 04f3b2, you're continuing to double down to try and save face.

I have no fucking idea, although sleeping on the floor has mostly cleared it up for whatever reason
Still, thanks to that I'm a highschool dropout and left with embarrassingly high playtimes in several games over 70 fucking hours to reach Anor Londo with kb&m for example. I'm still amazed I managed to finish games at all when the headaches were so thick I couldn't get through fucking paragraphs without losing focus and forgetting what I read.
sage for blogposting

a resolution change isn't a major improvement. The game is prettier, clearer, and details are more noticeable. This is really nice and everything, but it's not exactly a game changer. Vaslty improved textures, models, geometry, physics and particles, now that would be something major.

The problem is that all of your proposed "major improvements" (except improved physics) would be hard to see without raising the resolution in the first place.

So you're also aware the console versions came first, which is where it gained much of its popularity, and people had to learn to live with those issues way before anyone could play the "definitive" version.
That's why it's necessary to compare both games on the same platform, because if that game had a huge following despite its problems, there's a high likelihood of someone being able to deal with the same issues in Demon's Souls (and to an even lesser extent).

I don't see you posting any evidence, though. If you don't think that isn't an accurate representation of most of the experience, then you're either being deliberately disingenuous for the sake of arguing, or have never actually played this game.

That projection, holy shit! It's goddamn hilarious because you blew the issue out of proportion at first and now fail to admit it.
I'll just reiterate that saying DeS isn't "worth it" because a couple of a few framerate dips is complete bullshit.

I'd say yes, but only because the PS3 can be had for 50 bucks nowadays. Just grab it, play Demon's Souls and other weeb shit, and put it in the closet like the rest of us.

My nigger. Really good kart racer damaged by bad loading times, shame it was tied to the PS3 and never gained anything near Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed's popularity.

OP Here, to recap, am i missing out for not playing any of these ?

What's the sauce of that pic user?

Yakuza 0 as well, though I'm assuming the performance isn't as good as the PS4 version.
Good list.

AHHHHHHH I WANT IT BACK REEEEEEEEEE

Meant for

Seconding this. It was the only good game my country ever produced.

Where do you live.

no

Vancouver Area.

Full Auto 2's an overlooked one that features destructible environments in its gladiator mode around cities or just against the cars themselves in deadly high speed races. Released a few months after the PS3's launch, it's not a Sega game that's mentioned very often.

wew

no

That doesn't look right. IRL the paint chips off too.