Games without sprint button

I really dislike that game mechanic.

Yoshi's Island

It's harder for me to think of some games WITH sprint button that aren't military shooters.

how do you do it user

sonic

Mario.

Spiderman 2 allows you to sprint/run faster, but here's the catch. It's harder to turn while running. Spiderman 2 features indoor levels time to time where running all the time isn't recommended.

Pretty much every 2D Mario
Revengence
Souls series

Spin dash is not sprint button

I mean that sonic game with purple fire cat

Oh fuck user I only played sonic on genesis.

Sonic Rush?

But user, you can holster your weapon in fear and run faster

I like how DMC4 handled sprinting, where if you keep running in one direction for about 2 seconds then your character automatically starts sprinting. Then when in combat it would take much longer to start sprinting and you had to use your moveset in order to move around.

Most open world games.

Except FEAR's lack of a sprint button was the one big problem with the game.
The run speed is so unbearably slow especially in a game that's meant to be about high octane violence. Large area fights are an absolute bore (the fucking rooftops).
It should have been like Doom.

genesis is a good band

Yes, I do say, not only that but Phil Collins is a musical genius

Most EA Sports BIG Games

Doesn't FIFA have it too

Also sonic riders

Don't forget Sonic Lost World

Mount&Blade

All GTAs except the 2D ones.
Come to think of it sprinting is more or less a shooter mechanic. Maybe a few retards slapped it onto their platformer or whatever, but it's a shooter mechanic.

What about games like Doom that have a "Run" button that makes you run faster, but isn't in limited way and lets you run in direction with the only limitation on your speed being acceleration.

I think that's more like being able to control speed although rudimentarily, one is only really sprinting when they're using their arms to go a bit faster.

Run buttons are fine. Just don't make my pinky hurt.

Do you mean except the 3D ones?

2D gtas don't have sprinting, i was answering user's question not OP's.

I'm pretty sure you could run in Dark Souls…

Is it wrong to just roll everywhere in Nier?

Killing Floor, not the second one.

Pretty much every third person sandbox

2d Mario games are objectively worse for having a run button when you literally never want to stop running ever. Yoshi's Island didn't have a run button, but then again YI is one of the greatest platformers ever made.

Nah it was quicker to get around with, especially when using a spear to dash when coming out of it

FACT
GAMES SHOULD HAVE MOMENTUM BASED MOVEMENT AND A WALK BUTTON
NOT A RUN BUTTON.