Mechwarrior Living Legends

Is it so much to ask for a decent fucking mechwarrior that isn't over 10 years old, or full of peeking and shitty maps, full of mechs made of tissue paper, or is just plain shit?

Also MW thread, I guess. inb4 OP is a faggot here's a thread of them discussing it, but unsurprisingly they just go back on their word. Colour me fucking surprised.

Customized weapon loadouts are a cancer on Mechwarrior. They change it from a fun game of wrestling with clunky controls and loadouts into everyone playing Catapaults with 4x ER-PPCs popping up from behind ridges with jump jets for a quarter of a second and firing because everyone who wanted to play something else got killed by Catapaults with 4x ER-PPCS popping up from behind ridges with jump jets for a quarter of a second and firing and then quit out of boredom.

Yes, allowing people to cheese with UAC20, gauss, and other retarded boats is the epitome of MW multiplayer.
Loadouts like that were fine in sp MW3 but would totally fuck up multiplayer.
Op is a faggot. And probably a clanner tube babby.

Also first for shut the fuck up battuta you retarded ribbitor.

Thanks for spamming this thread with your retarded weeaboo tier filth.

Just gas yourself already, goddamn

Surely that would mean then that you would just have to stay low and move to flank? I don't really understand the problem here, such a loadout seems extremely situational given the reliance upon heat sinks/weapon cooldowns.

I will say that I think Mechwarrior Online DID introduce some good stuff, like ghost heat, which pretty much determines that such a build would be unplayable because you'd be getting a shot off ever 7 seconds or so and probably doing only a little over the damage of an AC20 but with more than twice the cooldown.

Besides, what's stopping these catapults from getting lrm'd to death in these circumstances?

Nice webms tho.. The gameplay actually looks okay but no customisation is a bit of a clinch for me seeing as I recall there being customisation as early as fucking MW 2.

You have shit taste and should reddit yourself.

Mechwarrior maps don't have trenches and mechs can't prone.

Shit mechanic that only exists to compensate for the fact that mouse aim plus loadouts is inherently broken in Mechwarrior.

THEY'RE HIDING BEHIND A FUCKING RIDGE AND FLY STRAIGHT UP WITH JUMPJETS TO PEEKABOO FROM BEHIND IT ONLY LONG ENOUGH TO FIRE ONCE

Just wait for MW5 mercs muh nogger. And Iron harvest 1920 might be bretty gud

sooo.. batchall means dick?

You can shirley trust Piranha to make another mechwarrior game

Haven't even fucking heard of this before. This must therefore be a cuckchan crosspost. Kill yourself cuckchanner.

Made by the same greedy hacks that shat out MWO who say they're gonna go for MW2 "inspired" procedural generation. I know it's just gonna be a barebone single player experience that relies on its procedural generation, same as with NMS, and just an excuses for the kikes to sell you a repackaged MWO multiplayer at a premium price.

There were like a total of ~4 threads about it in the last six months. Maximum shilling indeed. For a free mod no less.

Nice I haven't heard that one before! props for being inventive.. Fair play tbh fam.

I am aware, but regardless some things are still possible in these instances.. Surely a flurry of light mechs would be a hard target for these catapults?

I take that to mean you use a joystick? I always wanted to use one with mechwarrior, but it was such a huge transition that I could never properly adjust. I think it does stop supposed tactics from being viable though, especially alpha strike AC20/guass.

What game are you actually referring to with these jump jets? From what I recall jump jets were never exceedingly fast takeoff/descent, especially with a heavy mech but then that probably would have helped with the peeking.. Fuck, in retrospect I do hate peeking in these games.. It's just so tasteless and cheap. I'm also familiar with the fact that in some games jump jets attributed to heat.. I can't rightly remember if this is the case, but if so that would make this 4 ER PPC build even less heat efficient.

Ahh, the long tom.. classic weapon. This fucking thing was a bitch to use in MW4, but by god it hit hard. There was never really an instance when it would be particularly useful though if I recall correctly seeing as how Long range exclusive weapons would just be fishbait for short range brawlers.

Did you know a MW5 trailer was teased before MWO was actually announced, and that MWO was actually just going to be MW5? So I'm afraid it's not very likely to happen m8

Lurk more faggot.
Nice conclusive judgements there mate. I wouldn't trust you with opening a fucking tin of beans.

Well, I know a lot of you faggots can put up with some shit as long as it's not from AAA studios, but sometimes a few of you just go full hipster and declare an informal boycott against anything that isn't free or a fucking mod.

Yes, the game/mod looks good, but if this doesn't even have mech customisation then how the fuck am I gonna get my 4 ac5, two Large laser fix?

Also
Interesting premise, but no fucking mech customisation, no fucking play

Because each asset has from 6 to 8 different loadouts, you progressive.

I bet you couldn't even play puretech you little scrub!

Looking at their only source of updates facebook I get the feeling the Iron Harvest guys have no idea how to make a game.

I don't say this to be mean spirited, I actually think they're lost and don't know how.

You don't get more players than the other team just because yours are using light mechs.

There's a reason the game doesn't allow you to customize loadouts, since it would turn into the same metaboat shitstorm that MWO already was.

Predetermined loadouts allow for mechs to be balanced by performance and cost to make a game that's actually enjoyable.

There should be customization of mechs, but not to the retarded levels seen in previous games where it turned literally every mech into an omnimech.
The amount of customization allowed should be shit like trading a Medium Laser out for an ER or Pulse and that's it.

Pretty much this, maybe also let some of the fancier customization but with severe drawbacks to heat dissipation, turning and aiming speed(because your mech's balance is off), reduced armor on the limb where the jerry-rigged weapon is installed and so on. I think if someone really wants to go nuts with their mech, they should, but not without paying dearly for it.

That could still lead to poptarting meta cancer you saw in MW4. I swear there was so many people who thought they were hot shit in that game who as soon as they were forced out of their poptarting Heavy and Assault mechs couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Used to slaughter so many of those fucks in Medium and Light matches