Tired of randomization

Anyone else really hate randomized elements in their games? I want a game whose single-player campaign runs could be compared competitively to those of my friends, but it seems like every game has to have some randomized elements to them, critical hits, success/failure percentages, randomized loot, randomized events, etc.
Every game is dependent upon luck to some extent, there are no more games that depend solely on skill, research, and planning, it's not like it would be that hard to make a game's world the same, changing only due to the time in the game world, and the player's actions.
Does every game HAVE to have random elements in order to warrant a replay? aren't there other ways to make it fun without this one tactic?

I can think of other ways:
1. hidden lore: make it so that the players need to explore the world to learn more about it.
2. branching timelines: if the game setting is deterministic (cause and effect based, with the same initial variables, plus the one "random" variable of the player), but not fatalistic (where at least the large events can never be any different than they are the first time around) then players can always find ways to mess with the timeline to produce more and more desirable results, if time-travel is a central theme, you might make a gimmick out of setting in motion rube goldberg like chains of events to produce certain results.
3. expansions, modifications, and challenges: developers can add-on new content, change existing content, or introduce new challenges (and rewards for completing them).
4. engaging gameplay + setting: why do you think I still keep going back to games like "super mario bros. 3", "legend of zelda", or "mega man" on the NES? the random elements were very rare, and even without them (such as having drops fall from every certain number of enemies killed, or something like that), I'd still enjoy these games, the games were great despite (mostly) lacking randomization.

in sum, the lack of randomization is probably why I like old school horror titles so much, a run-through can be compared with others in a truly competitive manner, simply because luck does not play a role in the single-player campaigns (and most are strictly single-player).

If you don't know the outcome, how can you be tired of it? OP is a faggot

Nah, randomization usually makes things more interesting. That's why I like the Dark Cloud dungeons so much.

critical hits and that sort of randomization probably dont have much of an effect on runs which are long because if you make like 30k attacks with 10% crit in a run the variance from a functional 10% crit is pretty small. In a game like pokemon it could matter much more because of how like crits and hp thresholds work and stuff but I could see keeping crit in a game without it effecting much with proper design.

Randomness is sometimes handled in good ways and other times handled in bad ways.
Look at Payday 2 for an example of the latter, the bank heists can sometimes be insultingly easy if you get good placement, other times they can be tedious.

Sounds like you would enjoy speedrunning.

OP here, I do like speedrunning, but not just speedrunning; I like to do as perfect a run as possible.
hardest difficulty, 100% complete, minimum time, best ending, etc.
If it's a stealth game, I'll add in never being spotted (discounting plotted chases), and pacifism (if possible).
I'd also add pacifism in RPG's where that playstyle is permitted.
If killing is required, I'd include 100% enemies killed.
If allies are to be protected, I'd add in 100% allies saved.
In a perfect run, every measure of success must be taken into account and maximized (within as little time as possible). cutscenes can be edited in, in post.

But for this to be a thing, the game has to be the same every time it starts up, with the only "free agent" variable in the deterministic equation of the game world being the player character, otherwise the challenge becomes meaningless.

god, I initially plan on writing a short sentence, but my mind keeps adding and adding to everything I write. It's like I can't just write down the initial concept and leave it, I have to add to it from the thoughts that appear in my head as I write, but these thought-trains only come into my head when I begin writing, up till then they just remain basic concepts, and if I don't write everything down, it bugs me all day.

There we go, another writing tangent, I fucking suck, whelp, I guess I'll just post this before it gets any worse.

Oh fuck I'm not reading that.
Basically procedural generation can be done right and it can be done wrong.
Diablo 1 and Binding of Isaac did it right, 99% of other games that use it did it wrong.
Diablo 2 did it meh. I see it as a transitory game.

That is a truly horrific, heaping helping of spaghetti-spilling autism right there. It's almost like looking into the mind of a serial killer. I'm both disgusted and fascinated.

That said, I can help you, or at least give you some suggestions of non-random games you can try. Have you tried the first Darksiders game? It's very speedrun friendly, including the highly specific ways you require, and not at all random. The first Devil May Cry? Crash 2-3? Spyro 1-2?

Play Telepath Tactics.

You've ever done a full random level generation run several times? The first thing you'll notice is identifiable and predictable patterns in the procedural generation, once you start figuring out all the patterns you can immediately tell when you play a level made by that engine. Even the best and most sophisticated engines will become predictable, and therefore become tiresome and boring.

not even remotely true. BoI doesn't offer you all the tools to beat any encounter and if RNG feels like it your entire run would be doomed from the start

I LIKE YOUR KILLING INTENT

Yes, I love railroaded games with no variety between playthroughs.
How about you become a speedrunner and complain about

I agree with OP completely.
Randomizers have become the cheap way to do games nowadays and they think people are stupid enough to believe that random is better.
This is especially true for stuff like random levels, because these randoms levels end up having the same fucking pattern as the first one you played eventually.
Also randomized stuff always end up having no soul to it, it's an uncaring way to create more content by doing nothing but rolling a dice.

Why would you want entire game to be 100% static? As a turbo autist you are you may be able to appreciate that, sure. But normal people will play it once and then never touch it again, because guess what, if it has no between session variation, it has zero replay value. It's like with Half-Life - you played it once and then you don't want to play it again. Why? Because it's the same fucking shit, you already did it and there's nothing in it left to see. Some games made nonlinear but that just delays the onset of the point where you've seen it all and there's nothing of value left in the game. Games with randomization are different in this department. You will never know exactly what and exactly where you will encounter. You cannot memorize your way through it. If the game makes heavy emphasis on content theme then it inevitably puts a lot of the same shit in about the same times you progress through the game, but even at that it provides enough variability for it not to degenerate into a game of memorizing shit.

I thought you don't replay half-life because it's a shit game and you can't skip it's totally cinematic "cutscenes"

It's just an example you dingus.

How do you think FO1 and 2 would play without rng?
Always the same loot, same random encounters, same combat, same outcomes.
Are you unwell?

He has autism. And of course is a faggot, because he made this thread.

Autism I can forgive, but he obviously doesn't play video games.
Removing RNG fucks up so many games and whole systems that it's not even funny. D&D, D20, GURPS, Battletech, even fucking Monopoly. How would Diablo and other hack 'n slashes play without it?
At least spend 3 seconds before making a new thread, consolefag.

Good news, lad. There's a completely deterministic game you could be playing right now. It has physics-based interaction, complex simulation of many subsystems, interweaving storylines told by unreliable narrators, and a tremendous sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. Only downside is that there's just one ending.

Op should play sony "games", the cutscenes are always the same.

Nah that game sucks. P2W and filled with a bunch of tryhard faggots.

If blood must be spilt,
SPILL IT ALL

How the fuck am I supposed to train fusion moves if nobody wants to co-op with me? My summoned body pillow can only do so much

Then stop playing the games with randomization in them
I never understood threads like these. You always start with a completely nonsense premise but end up making a wall of text to justify yourself

You already made another thread about "concepts in games that don't work very well" and started with another OP bitching about RNG. I will find that thread and mock you there.

You're also a faggot and bad at math\probability.
In the long run, critical hits are not RNG, they are a damage boost. Let's say you have 10% crit chance for double damage and you normally attack for 100 damage.
This means every attack is 100 but the 10th will be 200, for a total of 1100/10 = 110. Obviously it's not "every 10th" but roughly every 10 attacks you make, one will be a crit because that's what 10% means and if you disagree, you can make a Gaussian Distribution and see what the odds are that you'll get a bit less than that, realize they are the same odds of getting a bit more than that and finally realize it doesn't fucking matter.
In the long run, Crits are damage boost.

Every single Arena Shooter. And people will rip your head off for disagreeing.
Also every single damn RTS. Or every city-builder.

You simply don't understand the point of Random Elements. The idea is to have some suspense over the idea that things might not always work out okay.
This means that when you succeed you'll feel relief instead of just acknowledging what you were already expecting and when things don't work out, you gotta come up with a different plan which breaks monotony.