What mods are recommended for Morrowind and Oblivion for a first play through?

What mods are recommended for Morrowind and Oblivion for a first play through?

also, is Oblivion even worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18498)
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/28378)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Plenty of mods around. There's a big overhaul for Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 (might be newer versions, but that's the one I remember) and I think there's OOO for Oblivion.

I should note that when I try and follow this guys tutorial for whatever reason the game can't push more than 30 fps and I have a pretty high end toaster.

OOO with Oblivion XP Update are the only mods that make Oblivion "playable", but it's still not a very good game.

Morrowind just needs the unofficial fixes.

uninstall.exe

I like both the Half-Life/Myst graphics but I also like the Higher-Res graphics too.

Still can't decide which is better.

For Oblivion, get Magic Overhaul v4 and play the Uninstall Wizard.

Unofficial patches and MGE
uninstall.exe

Sotha Sil expanded, Tamriel Rebuilt and any unofficial patch for Morrowind, then there is also either OpenMW or Morrowind Code Patch and Morrowind Graphics Extender. Personally I'd just put off a playthrough for the next 5 years and hope that OpenMW takes off, but I've probably been waiting 5 years at this point for OpenMW to take off and it's still miles away from getting anywhere, although you can absolutely play OpenMW from start to finish and the engine itself handles a bunch of things better than Vanilla.

Oblivion is almost entirely shit and not really worth playing, if you are interested in the lore miss Oblivion, if you are interested in world building miss oblivion, if you are interested in the core gameplay miss oblivon, if you are interested in breaking the world miss oblivion, if you like exploring open worlds miss oblivion, if you want a game where you can be immersed in the world miss oblivion, if you are intersted in seeing the low point of TES play Oblivion.

underated post

;^)

vanilla, bitch

how does Todd Howard's rosebud taste?

For morrowind, just get a no cliff racer mod. That's it.

Oblivion, Midas Magic is really good. That shit is practically another game itself, AND it adds use for a lot of useless items.

A lot like your asshole, oddly enough.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oblivion was okay, it had some really comfy moments, and the music helped make things more comfy. Along with being comfy a few of the guilds were rather fun to play through and shivering isles was the best xpack they have done.

Ladies and gentlemen: casuals!

pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
Here is the morrowind mod pastebin I use. I don't have one for oblivion though.

Oblivion is pretty great, I don't like big overhauls because most of them are pretty shit but recommended mods are:
Alternative start (if you haven't played the game before, skip.)
Oblivion Character Overhaul
Unique Landscapes Compilation
Unofficial Oblivion Patch
Better Dungeons
Better Looking Armor
Elven Map Redux
Enhanced Water
HGEC Body (also a nude mod but has non-nude version)

Does that shit ever explode out of place because of quality Bethesda® physics?

I used to be this way in morrowind and had this entire building decorated in items from my adventures.

Oblivion made it hard to do with the physics and after having shit flying everywhere from the lightest touch, I gave up. I just dumped all my loot on the ground and had a rather large pile of gear.

Same experience except:

My shit in Morrowind was lined up across four homes across the continent. I literally spent dozens of hours just transporting items from place to place as I cleared out dungeons and changed homes.

There's a ton for TES4, but off the top of my head for textures:
Qarl's Texture Pack III (nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18498)
Bomret Texture Pack for Shivering Isles (nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/28378)

Those two are the most comprehensive retexture packs that stick close to the original vanilla textures.

Vanilla

First playthrough?

Morrowind

Oblivion

Uninstall Warlock followed by Might & Magic 6 and 7 and then Gothic 1 and 2

Never happened. Yet.
I only really store muh riches and any unique items I run across in my home. Books can be easily toppled over but I still love collecting them and putting them there with the fucking garbage Z key physics. That video is somewhat old though, it's been a few months since I last played Oblivion, that's a 40 hour long save and I have completed the Mages Guild, Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild. I don't want to rack up any more infamy points because if it exceeds my fame points I stop being able to pray at chapels, which means if I get infected with vampirism I can't pray it away.
To OP, make sure to get Darnified UI as well, default Oblivion HUD is really bad.
ID change because I am a Facebook phone poster.