This Day in History, April 10th

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63384
steamcommunity.com/games/203770/announcements/detail/568984388589288187
mega.nz/#!BJ50zTKA!9z6hn_sOQWwhlyU8Mwxhzy5FSgnYlqBTHq7qdKCDohE
katcr.co/new/torrents-search.php?search=crusader kings&cat=85&lang=0
katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=58279
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what is the general concensus on mandate of heaven?

Why the fuck is Jan Mayen and Babylon removed on HPM? Why does he hate fun? Is Byzantium also removed?

Did anyone even play it? IIRC most EU4 anons got too disgusted with RoM and stuck to earlier versions

Yes, why do you think he stayed on cuckchan while everyone left for here back in the first exodus.

Can confirm, still playing and modding the eternal 1.17

Also 6th for slay all t*rks

I am a little upset about not properly saving last thread.

Seeing how hard he fucked over greece, i wouldnt be surprised.
Seriusly, check the greek population on the greek cores.

Which is better in HPM between Egypt and the Arab Union? I want to secularize the Muslim world by making it a republic until fascism rolls around, then becoming a fascist dictatorship. Both nations would serve this purpose well but I cannot decide between them. Which of the two is more fun to play? Which has more flavor and events? Can Egypt form the Arab Union?

Ming is so hilariously op in the expac hard to play eu4, back to v2

Just go Ottodorks user.

Just made a really bad decision and bought HOI4. What's the Tutorial Island of this one, where I can learn the ropes and not get fucked over by rubber shortages?

anyone

Hoi4 is piss easy.

Also modern games let you do screen shots so you don't have to take fucking phone pictures like a retard.

I wouldn't know personally because it isn't cracked yet but from what I've heard:
And I don't know about the rest of it. I haven't heard anything about the whole "ages" thing or whatever the fuck it's called, which is probably important. But from what I can gather you should wait until it's patched a few times before getting it. At the moment it seems they added some interesting new content but didn't fucking play test it for whatever reason. MP4 entirely unrelated by the way.

I used to play CK2 a ton years ago and then just sort of stopped, probably sunk a good 1k hours into that game, though a lot of it was with cheats to see something fun happen. Also dabbled with EU4 but they kept releasing new shit for it and I eventually just dropped it since paradox seemed to want to milk it instead of making a full game, which is what they did to CK2
Now it's been like 2 years and I tried to get back into GS games about a week ago by trying out Vicky 2 but I'm honestly lost as fuck. Got into a war and couldn't even make new troops because the button was greyed out with no clear indicator as to why. Are there any tutorials for V2 or a nation that's recommended for learning the ropes? Should I just try my luck with EU3 instead?

I'm not a big fan of turkeys. Is it even possible to add more accepted cultures besides turkish?

I like CK2

After playing 200 hundred hours of V2 have I finally stopped and started to give a shit about industry. I knew sphering is important to gain access to subhuman countries market when I don't produce enough coal or whatever RGO for my factory and machine parts and cement are essential for your factories to operate, gonna spam them in every province. Just wish infamy cooled off faster, only when I'm untouchable do I go over the infamy limit.

You mean taking a photo of your screen like a Redditard?

La Plata

Would be nice if it wasn't populated by browns.

You are mistaken. La Plata is white and based.

Do you have enough soldier pops in the province you want to build army in? I recall Sweden and Brazil being recommended beginner nations.

Forgot to remove the stupid flag, sorry.

Why's Stellaris so fucking awful?

I mean, the adapted combat system would be substandard to model modern day conflicts, but with this occupation speed this is just retarded. there's a reason HOI doesn't have sieges, because they make NO sense in a modern context.

Also, is there a way to mod in faster sieges?

It's not a finished game, and they focused on reddit memes and multiplayer, instead of depth and gameplay

I forget. Does Stellaris count or is that 4x?

Stellaris is a clusterfuck.

i don't know what to do, since i took zoloft i can't play gsgs for more than 5 minutes without getting bored

Sounds like you've been successfully cured of autism.

First I hear about reddit having dedicated memes and not just regurgitating shit they picked up from elsewhere. And I'm plain skeptical about the multiplayer claim. For example how the fuck do you into multiplayer considering the amount of unnecessary fiddling required to play around the sector bullshit?

Mandate of Heaven was cracked 2-3 days ago
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63384

The Syrian civil war has been all sieges, all the time. Since the Russian intervention, Assad's strategy has been encirclements of towns and cities and trying to avoid prolonged assaults by offering the jihadists an escape route to Idlib, where they prefer fighting each other to fighting Assad. Not to mention the long-term sieges of the Deir-e-Zor airbase and the citadel of Aleppo.

NWO needs to generally unfuck its units and remove the non-modernized variants because V2 lacks an upgrade system, and give armies that have enough siege units a much faster means of occupying provinces.

But that's not province occupation, that's the battle. that happens because there are defenders in the towns, it would nnot happen after the destruction of the armies.

the US military didn't have to spend several years invading iraq. In this mod it would.

In the end I just put regiment weight in siege to vanilla, and removed the max limit. Now my armies capture provinces in around a week, which is what I'd consider normal for a 120.000 strong combioned arms corps.

CHECKED

You should be ashamed.

Hey, it's a nice border to put my troops in, absolutely nothing impeding my passage.

And occasionally the mexicans can absorb a couple bullets here and there.

alt-tabbing doesnt work with HOI on XFCE and I didnt want to use F11 and then quit the game, sorry

What did he mean by this?

Played the Stellaris expansion.

Its fucking nothing. Tech and psi ascendancies are both the same shit gameplay wise.
Tech ascendancy is useless since robutts neither migrate nor multiply on their own, making expansion impossible at that point.
Psi ascendancy and tech is mostly useless since you need spirituality to even unlock it, and you cant boost happiness past 100% so most of the leader perks are moot. The final solution essentially makes you a fallen empire which is kinda cool.
Genetic ascendancy is breddy useful tho.

The megastructures are fucking nothing. Ringworld is worth it but the rest is useless at the point in time where you can afford it.
+400 energy with the dyson sphere? Easily attainable before it. Just like make ringworld.
+100 research with the research hub? Just like make ringworld.
12 pop cap on the habitats? Tank research and unity like a motherfucker.
The radar is useful I guess.

All the other ascendancies are a mixed bag.
Force projection gives you a BASE 200 fleet cap. This is great when going tall, but also translates into 2000 fleet cap in the endgame when going wide.
World shapers is extremely useful when going wide.
The one that gives you core worlds is meh.
Havent tried hallowed grounds yet but looks like another happiness overkill for spiritualists.

They should rework psi boni, nerf the fuck out of force projection and buff all the megastuctures. Then they would actually be worth building.

You can get the PSI tech without spiritual (hell, with some luck or the right leader you can have it with materialist) and certain robots do autonomously breed increase their numbers. Force projection would be useful early on but you're drowning in energy as is, and I don't believe it's stacking with Citizen Service or some of the other +% increases. And there's no fucking excuse what-so-ever for shittalking the core world increase one if you haven't modded out the sector garbage. Especially since World Shapers is only terraforming speed and a waste of slot in my honest opinion.

Dominion and One Vision are also must have.

Can confirm all of this.

On Ages:
The end under certain circumstances and after a few years (e.g. Age of Discovery, the first one, ends after the Reformation happens).
They give you certain objectives, like owning provinces on two continents, and reward you with a ticking score calles Splendor, which you then spend on a selection of buffs, like institution spread in True Faith provinces. There are also special buffs accessible only to certain nations, like the fucking Ottomans being able to get +33% siege ability.

The point is:
Strong nations are better at fulfilling these objectives, and Ming for example already starts with some objectives fulfilled (which is one of the reasons it is so overpowered).

So yeah, pretty messed up.

pic is from Steam

Force Projection is a flat bonus to base fleet capacity before all other bonuses.
The sectors are hugely important too, I tried going wide with 12 core sectors and it was absolute overkill. Id rather have 4 to 6 cores and concentrate on the important shit instead of playing whack a mole with the upgrade building and buld robot buttons.
World shapers cuts terraforming base time in half which is huge since terraforming times are gigantic already.
One vision is okay I guess, cant remember what Dominion does.

Also robbuts absolutely positively dont reproduce by themselves, not even synths.

Holla Forums, help me. I picked up EU4 since it was on sale no expansions as I'm nigger-tier poor Tried playing as Portugal and got my shit kicked in by Aragon and France by 1446. I made an alliance with Navarro and paid the price. Also I can't seem to make money despite defunding my army in peace time. What am I doing wrong? Should I just puss out and play the Ottomans?

They do, and I'm not even counting the cyborg pops that count as robots past a certain point. Dominion expands your borders by 25% which is always nice.

And I'd take it one step further and say how terraforming in general is pointless. Robots, resident ayys, specialized mutants… Why bother?

Don't pick on France, suck up to Austria and go colonial. Optionally remove african kebab.

I've been getting used to HIP for CK2, and I've noticed some things that have been bothering me. One of them is the area where Romania is located.
Wallachia is orthodox in the 800 start, but Moldavia and Transylvania are tengriist, yet both have a majority vlach populace.
Both provinces are ruled by vlach counts under the suzerainty of steppeniggers.

So here is my question: Would it be more historically plausible to make these pre-Christian vlachs Hellenic instead of tengriist?

Wallachia was pretty much orthodox thanks to Bulgarians, but the stuff to the north was not.

Oops, pressed the new reply button.

Anyway, Slavs and Germans ruled the area longer than steppeniggers ever did (excluding Hungarians) so I'm not sure what religion should they be. Perhaps the authors also found themselves with the same conundrum.

Between the Goths, the Huns, the Slavs and god knows who else passing thru it was hardly Hellenic in 800AD, either.

Are you kidding? What about Byzantium, aka who do you suppose converted the Bulgars?

Full on robbuts dont ever EVER at any point reproduce by themselves. They just dont.

Terraforming is great for selective colonizing and malus management when going tall. Find a 20+ planet, colonize it and then cede 2 shitty planets you already own to a vassal. You get the malus from pop count but you lose the malus from planet count which is always greater.

Well no shit, I meant Bulgarians helped cementing the orthodox traditions in the 800's

every fucking game

Is there a version of Victoria Mod that works with the current game version? I tried checking and all the links to downloads I can find are outdated. I saw an user playing it last thread but wasn't sure if that was an old version or not.

*Ultimate Mod

The only version of Vicky 2 Ultimate that works with 3.04 is on the mod creator's computer.

Pleb.

Yeah? Try going full synth ascension, get the both AI techs and remove/change their population control law

Some people just want to see the world /clang/

Playing the Imperium of Mankind is the only way to play humans. How'd your campaign go?

Recently I took notice of this game after some shilling for their new expansion, I properly pirated it and played a few hours then read some steam reviews just to learn it`s a gaymu full of flaws, lazy development decisions and un-polished devs are sjws apparently

The mods make this game worthwhile? If yes what mods are a must have? Or I shouldn`t bother with waiting for the next sale?

You cant change synth rights you goddamn faggot.

I annexed two ayy empires and put the population in labour camps, working them to death, but I'm finding it hard to continue on the account of the game being so fuckig boring. Why the hell is the fastest speed setting so damn slow? It's manageable at start, when techs are cheap and quick to discover and when you're surrounded by anomalies that give you fun events, but then everything is dicovered (buying ayy maps prevents you from finding more anomalies, so don't buy them) or cockblocked by ayys, and research and traditions scale up and take forever, so there's nothing to do but micro coreworlds (which had already been done in early game anyway, since all you do later on is occassionaly click "upgrade") and bully everyone around with my fleets. The game starts off pretty strong, but as soon as you reach midgame it turns into absolute tedium.

The game has about 8 hours of content in it, this was a complaint at release

Turns out, GSG type games only work within established history and become meaningless and boring as fuck when taken out of context.

Thing is, other space 4x do everything stellaris does a lot better (Sins, Distant worlds etc), it's just that paradox can't make a good game.

That too, yea.

How do I stop my economy from getting raped? I've lowered my army maintenance and have my ships protecting trade but for some reason I can't seem to keep a strong economy.

Three is a mod that separates kangz from the Human race and makes them their own race. Other then that just wait few more years for Paradox to release the missing content.

Check for yourself. And again, that's still completely ignoring cyborgs, synth transcends or manually building bots in preparation.

Don't go over the force limit, don't use mercs, steer trade, don't let your provinces be devastated, don't use T2+ advisors until you can afford them, use war tax. Don't enter bad wars. post a map

How?

How could it be done better? It sounds like much autism is required for it to be fun.

Mainly the Queen Nigger thing and Paradox being angry at somebody making a Whites Only mod, but also some events like "This planet was destroyed by GLOBAL WARMING". More recently the guy they put in charge seems to have been taking the piss out of it though with stuff like a "Refugees Welcome" button.

All of the ayys are generic, the colony and empire management is tedious and unsatisfying, most of the weapons are objectively useless and the wars are shitshows where one side is usually much stronger and the other is hiding until war score auto-prompted peace. The diplomacy is horribly shallow, the espionage non existent and the AI braindead.

All of that's even worse as the interesting shit such as events pewter out and stop showing up and you're slogging one boring war after another. A very awkward UI doesn't help any, either.

Only in the sense of repeating the same action again and again since there's no real depth or complex mechanics to delve into.

I saw mods that changes the frequency of events, tweak the AI and combat etc, do they ease the problems?

If you found a mod that fixes the AI I'd very much appreciate you linking it and as for event frequency there just aren't that many in total. And even worse, a whole bunch of them are set in such way that they're exclusive. For example the progenitor chains or the various crisis events. And that's if you aren't cockblocked by weird map generation or some other circumstances

The one decent mod I found that adds new events doesn't really change all that much and the civilian ship one is cute but again - doesn't change all that much.

By "saw" I meant I checked the steam mod tab on my browser and there was a few that did that, either alone or together with a greater overhaul mod. I don`t know if it actually fixes it, I don`t own the game and you can`t download steam mods directly anymore

Not sure you ever could for parashit stellaris.smods.ru works, though

you could by making use of some scripts for firefox/chrome

how safe is the site you posted? Russian torrent sites are kinda shady

Anyway, what do you think would be more suitable for pagan vlachs? Slavic paganism or plain tengriism?
Sadly I haven't found much about religion in the early medieval Romania, most of the stuff is about old Dacians, Romans and migration-era, jumping straight to steppeniggers, barely mentioning anything about the vlachs themselves.

You can always register your account and get it straight from the official forums. :^)

Beats me. Yes, they styled tengri as the all-round steppefag pantheon but vlachs are a mixture of nomads, slavs, turks, greeks and fuck me what else. I'd say if in doubt go Orthodox but considering it's a game with shit like atzec invasions and devil worshiping immortals play whatever you like and pass it off to muh roleplay and vague historical records.

The only AI right there is is in the POLICY SETTINGS you fucking mongoloid. Kill yourself already.

Ming is simultaneously OP as fuck (no 50% autonomy floor) while also being insanely easy to beat as a player (they'll auto-collapse if any high development nation shares a border with them without being a tributary. Yes this means ming will auto collapse if Britain takes Dai Viet or something).

Japan is simply too easy now and OP as a player. No dip cap limit, button to make high dip rep, 4 diplomats.

More Civ 5 bullshit with the ages system granting magic powers.

Manchu are insanely OP if played right and anyone who culture shifts to Manchu culture can raise Mercs that cost regular unit price and have +10% discipline. I have no idea what they were thinking because now people are going to meme Manchu Prussia and Manchu France and Manchu Ottomans and shit because why wouldn't you switch cultures to the ONE SINGLE CULTURE IN THE GAME which gets free magic bullshit modifiers equal to multiple military idea groups.

Pic related is 100% OC donut steal.

You have no of idea how true this is. I ran some numbers and some tests. The best ship in the game is a corvette with 1 tier 1 mass drivers, 2 tier 1 plasma cannons, 3 tier 1 energy generators (rest blank), rest spent on tier 2 computers and tier 3 engines or w/e your energy allows. This is literally the most efficient ship to spam. It only stops working when you get to the late game where the game engine literally breaks down because it can't handle fleets of 1000 corvettes and that refuse to path to their target.

Should I just plot to assassinate myself, or what?

What's your opinion on Stellaris and Utopia addon?

Wrong pic.

Is that real?

I'm pretty sure Paradox said they intentionally left that in because they thought it was funny.

what do you mean "is this real?" there were exploits where one could give a horse a landed title (nominate as bishop), spawning the ethnicity of horse, cultivating that into a ruling dynasty and restore the Roman Empire as a horse on Ironman

Caligula approves.

Wait I can make an entire kingdom of horses? Is this a good idea?

does it give you a horse graphic too?

If I remember correctly, the guy didn't play as the horses, he just made a shit ton of them, gave them land, and eventually allowed himself to lose an election for the roman empire to one of them.

May as well post this one weird glitch where rebels were spawning in Spain and it COMPLETELY depopulated it.

May as well contribute

If you got such shit for brains that you can't figure out how the whole deal with synthetics is for them to gradually unlock new rights and eventually rebel unless you go aki zeta on them that's your problem. And goddamn, that's not even a new/1.5 thing.

Reminder how you can't colonize or build regular armies with robotics from the get-go, either.

It's a lunatic related event and they have fertility -1000%. You can still impregnate them

They buffed the missiles and the auto cannons in 1.5 so your swarm may later on require a few hundred replacement ships each fight. Personally I like gauss+ cruisers with fighters. They can still evade some, they can take a few hits, their damage and range is fine and between the fighters, the torpedoes and flak cannons you're pretty much covered against everything.

Obviously you need a constant stream of replacements. Just get an autoclicker and queue up ships indefinitely at all your space ports. Ships cost like 70 minerals apiece and taking down an even-power unbidden fleet only caused about 25 casualties each (5% of my force).

Missiles are still useless due to overkill and autocannons are basically mass drivers.

Cruisers are pretty good so long as you stack armor high. But you really need at least half your weapons as plasma because otherwise you can't pierce armor and HP is usually a lot higher than shields.

The new CK2 patch just hit.

steamcommunity.com/games/203770/announcements/detail/568984388589288187

I don't know what to think of the faction rebalance stuff. It reads like they made the AI even more likely to fuck you over.

Disregard, I'm a gaylord. The PATCHNOTES hit, not the patch.

The open beta with all of that playable has been available for over a week. It's actually a lot better now that you can prevent vassals from joining factions with a moderately good opinion. Also you can actually declare wars within the ERE now, it's a fucking disgrace that there has been no way to revoke the vassal war prohibition for several patches.

I was under the impression corvettes literally melted under T4+ weapons. Especially since the enemy's bound to have several free volleys before your swarm reaches them.

Out of curiosity, have you tried using afterburners or combat roles? How about mixing in some torpedo boats?

Weapon tiers have little effect on DPS. What matters are tracking %, which doesn't change with tiers.

Range is mostly irrelevant. L/XL weapons have around a 5-10% hit rate vs. 90% evasion corvettes, and it still takes multiple XL weapon shots to kill just a single corvette. This means that the only way to effectively fight corvettes is with S/M weaponry which is just as short-ranged as your stuff is. And even M weaponry is highly inefficient, so basically corvettes can only be countered by other corvettes or by destroyers (which suck vs. everything else and the AI doesn't build them much once cruisers unlock). And as long as you have plasma to pierce armor your weapons counter everything from corvettes to battleships.

Afterburners are pretty horrible because you already close range pretty fast and they cost so much. Your objective is to drive costs down as far as possible.

I've actually not tried Torpedoes. Normally missile-type weapons are horrible because missiles don't retarget after something dies, leading to horrible wasted DPS. But Corvettes naturally hug enemies at close range so that problem might be avoided. That said I find torpedoes hard to get since the AI doesn't seem to use them much so it's hard to salve. You need tier 1 torpedoes for the cheapness, tier 2+ are bad. On the other hand you start with mass drivers and everyone eventually uses plasma, making it easy to salvage.

Well, if you really want to bean count you could always use mining lasers. Solid range, really cheap, 100% AP, no shield penalty and you can get them withing minutes depending on your start. As for DPS there's as much as 2 points between T1 and T5 gauss and almost three times that between say torpedo or missiles, and that's ignoring multiplicative shit from say admiral skill or bonus damage to shields or armor.

Torpedoes happen to have a decent bonus against shields so they have a obvious synergy with plasma.

And yes, explosives are often overkill but a battleship vaporized is a battleship that's not frying your shit. admittedly if you walk into a fight expecting to drown him in your corpses that's probably a non issue

I never got naval combat in Victoria 2, is it just stack a huge fleet into a battle? I have a good general and my naval tech is level witih Britains, but I lose. Do I need steam transports too? I figure those are worthless in battle and I don't need them.

Im playing EU3 as Castille, after a long time not playing the game, so I forgot some things. Like how to loose inflation (Im in 7.2%)

How do I fight inflation? And any economical tricks for EU3?

Reported.

Looks like you’re Shah Ardashir Khan ‘the Narcissistic’ of Bavandiyán now.

In my most recent game, my recently deceased insane ruler left control of her successor’s regency to Glitterhoof, so I had to obey a horse for almost 15 fucking years.

Centralization steps, idea or two and advisors iirc.

Already at my limit of centralisation possible. And my first national idea was National Bank, because reducing inflation would be usefull in the future.

Because racially pure folk ought to live on the plethora of Gaia worlds created by the benevolent emperor.

Possible retarded question: In EU3, the inflation percentage increase/decrease happens in the end of the year, or it is a sum of a monthly percentage, and so it its applied all year?

They are as expansive as Plasma and do less damage. Though they would work fine if you somehow don't have plasma and the enemy has battleships.

Yes, but the increased cost makes it not worth it. Multiplicative effects work the same when you simply build more stuff.

e.g., a ship with T1 Mass Drivers and Plasma costs around 100 minerals. A ship with max tier of each costs around 150 minerals. You'll gain about 20% damage per ship, but building 50% more ships means 50% more damage overall and 50% health to tank hits.

Pretty sure it applies every month, it's just that the increase per month is fractional so you have to watch for multiple months in a row to see it.

They are as expansive as Plasma and do less damage. Though they would work fine if you somehow don't have plasma and the enemy has battleships.

Yes, but the increased cost makes it not worth it. Multiplicative effects work the same when you simply build more stuff.

e.g., a ship with T1 Mass Drivers and Plasma costs around 100 minerals. A ship with max tier of each costs around 150 minerals. You'll gain about 20% damage per ship, but building 50% more ships means 50% more damage overall and 50% health to tank hits.

Pretty sure it applies every month, it's just that the increase per month is fractional so you have to watch for multiple months in a row to see it.

Tell us more about the empire of the horrse.

That reminds me of a time where i got so many rebels in spain i just had to trash the game, my military was unable to defend anything from the sheer quantity.

As a hypothetical point, won't the increasing resource cost eventually become moot compared to fleet capacity and to sheer excess resources, meaning it's best to dump into a less chintzy corvette design to roll over the enemy faster for less casualties? Additionally, how do 100% accuracy non-missile weapons fare, do they get affected by evasion? There's not many of them, but arc emitters & cloud lightning do exist. Would a destroyer blob featuring these be superior to corvette spam? What about lance spam?

Used to be 100% accuracy ignored evasion. Now I believe they still get affected by evasion, but their tracking can counter it.

Arc Emitters are XL only, and have bad DPS. Even if they were good, you'd have a battleship with only 1/3rd of its weapons useful, which is horrible

Cloud Lightning just has bad DPS. If you are going to use destroyers you don't need it (destroyers can get around +20 tracking which negates most corvette evasion). But this just makes Destroyers even with Corvettes. Destroyers are also weak to everything else, having neither evasion nor armor and therefor faring badly against basically everything because unlike Corvettes that are annihilated by Battleships with long range weapons.

Lance spam works against anything but Corvettes, but the Corvettes are still more efficient.

Also fun trick. If you use the expansion planner you can select the race to colonize with on Private Colony Ships. If you select a robot you'll get 2 robots with the relevant tradition, which would normally cost 300 energy and 100 minerals, for 175 energy (plus the colony obviously).

Ask an American Viking anything.

Why must Stellaris be so shit in this regard? It really had a nice degree of potential. You would think that the ship design would've ended up a strong point, with little nuances and asymmetric balancing in addition to the inevitable series of patch-by-patch gamebreaking spacemarine stack equivalents, this time with literal space marines. But no! Instead, they tried so hard to blandly balance it by making everything more or less similar with seemingly-minor difference in the form of wide brushstroke 25%-33% or so bonuses & maluses against shields, armor, this or that and screwy differences in fire rate with near equivalent DPS in a very shallow combat engine that they ended up with only the cheapest, most rationalized and simplistic designs winning out after the math is all worked out.

And since they focused so obnoxiously hard on making sure ship designs were rigidly telescoped in terms of what mountings you can fit, they succeeded in both making capital ships worthless in the long run (except maybe as command & control vessels with auras, but surprise surprise, those are station only now) and in making pocket ships literally impossible to make, meaning that beside there being less variety in design the low-level ship spam will be invariably totally fucking boring. Spinal mounts in corvettes, destroyers and cruisers for coaxial medium, coax large and triaxial large mounts respectively? No, that'd be too interesting, only battleships get spinal guns, which of course are mediocre or bad compared to two normal turrets outside of gigacannons being a slightly longer ranged and better armor piercing sidegrade. Or what about more guns becoming available on upgraded chassis sections over time, for some extra arms racing, power creep, an incentive for pocket ship bastardry that isn't 'my evasion makes me comparatively invincible and is the best use of fleet cap-to-effective-HP' and a reason for actual thought to be put into fleet refits, or considering what you've laid out, a reason to do fleet refits in the first place? What about more than four fucking hull types? I'm sure there are mods that experimentally fix these problems, but they do so on the level of a hobbyists' skill and dedication, and even if that's more than Paradox can manage to shit out, it's never going to perfectly mesh with all the other fixes for their sheer incompetence and will never match the potential and entirely squandered resources the original studio could put out.

I swear, one day I'm going to get into grand strategy proper instead of just lurking and enjoying AARs, but Stellaris will definitely not be it. I deeply regret being gifted it by an impulsive friend, as it is just sitting there burning a hole in my library. I briefly entertained the idea that it would be at least valuable to get my feet wet as an idiotproof alternative to finally sorting out which parts of CK2 to torrent & mod together for my first Tutorial Island playthrough, but the blatant use of the retail release as a way to test their very early development and monetize the complete game piecemeal (even moreso than the usual Paradox fashion) and the sheer offensiveness of the gamey mechanics. I just feel this awful revulsion at the fact that it neither has proper nitty-gritty simulism nor the broad stroke fake-but-accurate-simulism of the usual Paradox offscreen combat, and instead sits in an ugly middle where you can't suspend your disbelief nor observe a believable result. The most ironic part about this lack of simulism is that it forces the game to essentially operate on hard sci-fi rules in what is ostensibly a space opera; no matter how fancy your technology is, how mutated by decadence your ship design ethics are or how big you build your flagship, you're exactly as vulnerable as when you started to the whims of some hairless apes in just big enough tin cans riding atom bomb shockwaves to spit some flavor of relativistic gross matter into your dumb squid face.

I'd argue it's definitely worth it when you lose a flat 20% while trying to chew thru cruiser+ stacked shields.

I'd say absolutely. Why spam shit tier corvettes that die by the hundreds dozens when you can spam cruisers which hardly ever die due to the retarded round-robin targeting? also consider the galactic unholyfuckton saved minerals when your overhead is non existent or the "free shit" that comes from % price reduction on something expensive

This Stellaris weapon talk is too autistic even for me, a guy with almost 1000 hours in CK2.

So close yet so far

Give me the skinny on cruiser spam. Have you done the math? I'll be somewhat pleased if a mathematically ideal cruiser blob can defeat a mathematically ideal corvette blob and also be about as good or better at killing AI fleets, as it will fulfill my pocket ship fetish. They have a large HP:fleet cap advantage over the equivalent weight in corvettes, but considering the existence of armor piercing weapons, how can this hold advantage over a blob of plasma battleship eaters with evasion stacked to hell and back? This question remains open for the corvette spam master as well, if he's interested in theorycrafting or running a new test or two.

Why the namechange from the usual Vinland, is it presumably to keep from muddying the map thanks to the Norwegian colonials to your north that stole it? What tech group did you choose, hopefully Eastern for the Norse-style early armor and greatcoats later on? When did you start? Are you going to snake your way through the skraelings by conquest or keep creeping along the coast in hopes of dominating the Ring of Fire by making tributaries of the central and south Americans, if not both?

AI never really stacks shields (never seen more than half of something's combined HP/SP be shields) or armor (only battleships do this, but battleships can't hurt you cause of evasion anyway). And -20% shield damage to 2.14 DPS is 1.712, so you lose very little.

You're still gonna lose plenty in big battles. Cruisers are worth 4 corvettes.

In terms of HP to tonnage, they're actually worth 5.333 corvettes, not counting armor or evasion. The question is whether stacked armor+shield cruisers will outdo the traditional corvette evasion blob militarily (plausible enough if a player built cruiser is significantly better than an AI one) and/or economically (not likely unless the loss ratio is greatly improved, since costs mount but stats don't) and if so what variety of cruiser build and at what tech level it will win out.

Keep your minting slider at zero or as close to zero as possible, get the National Bank idea, get a Master of the Mint advisor, be as centralized as possible, implement the Gold Standard, build the tax assessor unique building. The last two need 30 and 31 Govt tech respectively, so they aren't an option early on. Also you should only take the Gold Standard decision if your inflation is mostly under control, if you have it and your inflation exceeds a certain level (10% I think) you get a very large increase in inflation instead.

Your average soviet plasma corvette averages around 100 (~70 reduced) minerals while a top-of-the-line cruiser goes for about 1000 (~680-750), so it's closer to 10:1. And if they went 10vs1 the corvettes would likely walk away.

But say that you can't reach that critical mass and your ~700 corvettes are up against ~70 cruisers with regenerating stacked shields, 30% base evasion and 10% bonus fire rate. First unanswered volley and it's closer to 650:70, then you get in range of the fighters and autocannons that shred unarmored corvettes like wet paper.

The real question is what would happen if you used specialized ships; corvette killers on one side and torpedo boats on the other?

And yes, the AI bloody loves his shields.

The problem with that logic is that if you lose 4-8 of your 16 corvettes in the first few seconds and the enemy still has his four cruisers you're boned no matter how you cut it.

I came up with my own name for extra alternate history. I chose Western tech group because influence from Europe would force them to eventually Westernize but I chose Norse Religion. 1444. I'm going to Make North America Great Finally.

OK, so it's 29.2% base evasion and 1075 (773 without the ascension discounts, around 670 with not counting the edicts, leadershit or special modifiers). With over five times the HP pool, additional over five times the HP pool in rapid regenerating shield and base 29% armor. All the while using stronger, faster firing weapons (2.0/3.5/2.35 vs 4.35) that get bonus tracking and additional fire rate. And that's not even the corvette killer pattern

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?

Well now I know why I've literally never seen a crisis other than Unbidden.

I did this, ended up being utterly fucked by unbidden spawning way too early for anyone to handle.
3x55k fleets spawning in my borders isn't manageable when the strongest fleet in the galaxy is 17k.

Also with an empire like this research gets incredibly slow

Also jesus christ, having to upgrade all those fucking core world buildings by yourself is painful, they should have had an automated manager for this in vanilla, and still we don't.

On another note, why the fuck is automatic science ship exploration a fucking technology and not unlocked by default?
Why do they make me waste my time?

OK, but your M weapons lose 50% of their firepower to evasion. Your P weapons don't do anything. Your T weapons lose 95% of their firepower. Your Fighters lost 50% of their firepower. Only the S mass drivers actually pulls its own weight. Realistically your 46 DPS is going to be more like 15ish while my corvettes will have full accuracy and only minor loss from shields/armor, hitting 6 DPS. 10 of my corvettes have 60 DPS, which is 4x yours.

Also regenerating shields is kind of a meme joke in even battles except vs. battleships who retarget poorly. In battles where you are much stronger than the enemy they greatly reduce your casualties, but in even battles or uphill battles the damage output massively outpaces their regeneration. At best your 20 shield regeneration equals 40 DPS left on your cruisers but in reality ships like to focus fire much more and it won't be nearly as good. And let me also point out that plenty of stuff from admirals and tech increases damage while shields never regenerate faster, making them even weaker in a battle situation.

btw, I've been using missiles/torps now and they ain't bad. Obviously its hard to tell vs. AI, but impressive stuff happens.

Don't even bother having more then 5 or so core worlds. The Sector AI is fine if you shove enough minerals its way, all you need are places for space ports.

How the heck are your fleets so weak when you control a third of the galaxy?

I played a small galaxy with the maximum amount of non-fallen AI and been in wars pretty much every moment of existence.
Perhaps that was the issue.

Ahh, smaller size galaxies would do that. From what I know FEs and crises don't scale with size. Whats your # of planets and pops?

OK, scratch that, they suck ass as fights scale up. Ridiculous when I fight 50k vs. 20k fights and the enemy inflicts more damage on me than I on them.

Works nicely on corvettes in early game, where X/L weapons can't hit at long range but the corvettes hit fine.

you can drop the act now fam, youre on an imageboard here

Also any of you fags figured out how the food surplus affects pop growth?

From what I understand it caps at the surplus number being twice the amount of your population.

Growth bonus = Surplus / (20 * number of growing pops). Or something close to that.

wew lad
that implies a shitload of food even going tall

It's exactly the same formula as before, except spread amongst all your growing pops.

damn it paradox why are you so lazy

I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME
IT IS A GOOD PAIN

Not nearly as much. Type 4 scanner + cruiser role tracking bonus while they fire much faster than plasma. Fighters and PD are something else against soviet corvettes since they have excellent tracking, excellent fire rate and the corvettes don't have any other defense. Remind me though what's the tracking on no role, no scanner corvettes again? :^)

Seen my design? Your cruiser got one T3/m shield while I'm stacking SIX T5/m ones, we're talking 90 vs 1260 base shield with the recharge rate of 4 (6) vs 33.6 (50.4). So, it can in theory straight up ignore ~9-10 plasma corvettes per round. And that's with a single shield capacitor

Couple of missiles are pretty decent since you can engage from further away and unlike L weapons work well against both capital and smaller ships. But I'm not their fan either.

Please stop making Stellaris sound fun. I don't want to reinstall it and autistically lose 100+ hours of my life without really enjoying it. Or has it actually become fun?

Well since it's being discussed now, stellaris. Since the xpack it seems harder to bulk up my fleet. Anyone got tips for building up your fleet quick? Don't need specific strats, broad strokes if you want. I don't want to trust an AI ally to actually help me in wars, and to their credit the AI has improved since they now ally up and then attack me.

Paracucks and fun don't mix in my experience. I'm probably going to fuck off and reinstall Imperium Galactica or something any moment now. Maybe Stars in Shadow got a little better?

LA PLATA

That sounds like my experience with every Paradox game so far.

Come to think of it I'm off on the (in combat) shield regeneration. Using that design it's closer to base rate -75% (the in combat modifier) +50% / shield capacitor. So that's 8.4 unmodified, 25.2 /1SC and 42 /2SC, or specifically 6.48 (42/6.48 DPS from my design) plasma corvettes in theory ignored per combat round.

And I forgot to reiterate on the sustainability of corvette DPS considering they die much easier than cruisers. One lucky torpedo and you're down to 9 corvettes, first gauss/fighter round and you're probably down 2-3 more before they even got a chance to fire.

I try landing in the UK as US but the landings keep getting repelled.
How do you do successful beach assaults?

Nigger their twitter avatar is a company name with rainbow flag

Just had a playthrough around South East Asia.
Discovery is pretty fucking OP with the bonuses being free war taxes (essentially giving you dosh for free) as well as reduced AE impact and increased development for all colonies

Reformation had pretty good bonuses like increased institutional spread, decreased warscore against heathens (not sure about heretics) as well as allowing your ships to actually have a positive impact on your sieges. The problem is if you're a Confucian and Chinese (but not Ming), you can kiss all that shit goodbye due to the fact that splendor is hard as fuck to get due to that fact that, for the objectives, you need to convert people (good luck doing that while harmonizing people at the same time), unite your culture group (good luck if you're not Ming), or be in Europe.

Absolutism has easier to obtain objectives (mostly involves you being developed as fuck or blobby), but the bonuses are okay at best. fort maintenance against rivals is pretty cool, but most of the bonuses are underwhelming, with the worst ones (arguably) being the admin efficiency bonus or the cost of changing rivals (at that point, if you have anymore than 1 possible rival, the AI must have been really good, which almost never happens, or you're fucking retarded)

The Revolution age seems to be pretty fun with the whole ignoring cores bonus, as well as the whole increased artillery damage.

I wonder how Battleship fleet with hangars + fighters and flak canons would do against corvette spam

You know, I look at EUIV with all the DLC shit added and my sight just begins to blur slightly and my mind sort of gets hazy. There is so much shit in that game now that even I as a pretty veteran Grand Strat autist can't be assed to learn all the new largely stupid mechanics. Fuck.

Between 1 and 0 losses on 100:10 battles but I'd imagine torpedo boats would inflict higher casualties.

I really need some sleep

How the fuck did Tabarestan end up like that?

Other interesting method i came up with when playing agains AI that spammed corvetters was creating 3 classes of battleships, one short range autocanons with lots of Armour and hull points
Second with hangars full of fighters and bombers and third as kind of artillery/support role

Worked pretty well

Forgot to mention this is DH
Any (good) combat tutorials for this?

It's exactly the same formula as before, except spread amongst all your growing pops.>>12337442

Sorry, that doesn't make sense. If your numbers are correct then in a 1v1 your cruiser would be unable to kill itself for regenerating so quickly.

Torpedoes have 0% tracking and therefore essentially will never hit (5% hit chance). Also bear in mind that torpedoes torpedoes only do 180-340 damage, vs. 300 health you're probably going to need two. So altogether you're looking at needing 30-40 torpedoes to kill a single corvette.

Also the "sustainability" doesn't change. This concept is irrelevant once sufficient size is reached.

So I've been doing some tests into how weapons scale with size. I think pure lasers might be a good idea. Lasers are some of the only instant-hit weapons in the game. Once you get to the hundreds of ships having no overkill at all is more important than gaining 20-30% damage vs. shields or what not. Here's what I used, it smashed FE fleets with 25% more combat power losing only about 10% of its own combat power. Didn't have tachyons or mining lasers this whole game, it's possible that full corvette mining lasers or battleship tachyon/lasers would be ideal. Bear in mind this is assuming you have 100+ ships, below that the overkill factor of plasma or isn't as relevant.

Obviously with Corvettes you need bonuses from leaders and stuff so that you reach 90% evasion. Getting hit 10% of the time means 3x as much survivability compared to getting hit 70% of the time.

Also never use t3 power when you have empty slots like that, multiple lower tier power are less expensive.

Landing on hostile territory can be stooped in 2 cases

One is when enemy fleet entered the region and your fleet has [disengage form combat] or something like that you can change it when you also set the date of attack
Secondly when troops lose the fight, but my guess is that your problem is the 1st one

How does the AI manage to pump out infinite ammounts of corvettes at the start of the game? Does it cheat?

I think I might have fucked up you guys.
Injuns cucked my original royal family and now they're stuck living in long houses.

I've watched the AI and it screws its long term economy hard to get up to its force limit at all times. Harder difficulties actually screw the AI harder because it has more force limit. Even on insane the AI commonly has colonies with 10+ pops early game and only 2 or 3 buildings.

Basically if you can survive the early game you'll never lose on any difficulty. It's like if you coded a Starcraft AI to only be able to choose between 4 pool and 6 pool.

Is there a general combat tutorial?
Something about how to manage armed forces? I always suffer from stacking penalites. Do you really have to manage every division by itself?

Ooooh, so that's why i either get rekt by starting a war early game or become an unstoppable raping machine late game. Are there no mods to fix the shitty AI?

Shields regen by a daily tick but the real problem in estimating how effective that actually is comes in the way weapons are applied in battle. Or specifically how many seconds are there in a "standard galactic day" or how spread/focused the fire in that particular fight is? Now don't get me wrong, it's nothing mind blowing but it's nothing to sneeze at, either.

You're not counting the ships scanner and combat role which add to every ship weapon, fighters included. And you can plainly see the torp/explosive damage in the logs I posted.

You need just one torpedo hit to completely destroy a commievette, and even if it survives a shot or two from the rapid fire ballistics will finish it off, what's more usually denying it the first shot.

My experiments suggested cruisers reliably win against the plasma boats until 16-17:1, and don't start losing until 20+:1. Fights with the torpedo boats can go either way but generally the energy torps fare much better. It's also worth noting that 10 cruisers used in this build faster and cheaper than the 70 corvettes.

What about leaders that add tracking, firerape or evasion to cruisers? How about shields or HP? How about +range on specialized corvette killers? How about naval academy bonus and whether it would benefit the cruisers more than corvettes even if applied to both?

I'd say it's muddy as is.

That also works great with crystal laced PD destroyers. Sure, you're gonna lose a couple but they're cheap and they drew the fire from the more valuable ships.

I'd point out that the torpedoes are enough to killing the larger ships, and that slower L+ weapons are overkill in the same missile sense that it's better to have three dozen M shots than dozen Ls (and better chance of spreading that damage across more targets.)

Also if you're stacking armor instead of shields you're better off using the +HP% crystalline A slot instead of capacitors. Ironically, that build will get raped by plasma boats.

If Cruisers actually regenned over 40 shields a day then they'd be unable to kill each other.

You're using it vs. corvettes with much lower evasion.

Torpedoes do 180-330 damage vs. 300 HP. Usually a corvette will survive. Furthermore you're ignoring the fact that the corvette will evade torpedoes and there will be massive overkill (If your cruisers launch 30 torpedoes at something to kill it, and the first two hit, the next 28 just vanish uselessly).

No leaders add tracking (which would counter corvettes) or shields.

Fire rate is weak and works for both anyway.

Cruisers evasion is irrelevant since corvette tracking negates them anyway.

Naval Academy bonus cancels out vs. each other.

No, you're not understanding overkill. The individual shots are still weak. As long as they hit instantly the maximum amount of overkill wasted is around 30-50 damage per target, which when firing at targets with 1000+ HP means less than 3% waste. With torpedoes hundreds are launched and if the target dies, hundreds of torpedoes are wasted. 100 wasted torpedoes means around 25000 wasted damage. That's 2500% wasted damage.

Didn't have the unlocks. And no, you need capacitors to enable regeneration. Shields don't regenerate in battle without them.

If you mean corvettes, yeah. The AI doesn't use corvettes. Though full medium/small lasers should be close to as good or better depending on fleet size and amount of overkill.

Should also mention: the reason I went for L-slot weapons is because the longer range you are at, the more the opponent wasted on overkill. Torpedoes and missiles become useless at long range due to this and even plasma suffers a lot when at high # of ships like you get vs. awakened FEs or crises on insane.

This is why corvettes start to fail when you get 1000s of them, there's just too many and the overkill factor becomes so large that plasma becomes inefficient. And since there's no S-laser that penetrates armor, you're screwed with corvettes.

A DAY. And again I've no idea how many seconds (as in X damage per second in the weapon description) constitutes a "day". So if a battle lasts 5-6 days that's, what, ~240+ per cruiser or ~2400+ in total for ten of them?

I'm not. I'm banking at least four out of ten will hit (and they usually do), and that's just for the sake of argument of not using dedicated corvette killers that would change torps for more M ballistics.

What corvette tracking? Regular scanner provides no bonus and corvette roles (which you're also not using) don't provide tracking. Cruiser roles and engines do provide decent evasion against plasma.

Think about it: it give tracking bonus. Evasion is the only defense corvettes have.

How is 100 wasted torpedoes any different than 100 wasted H shots on a slow reload, high damage weapon?

But that's just wrong. S cutting/mining laser is 100% as I already posted and it's even slightly stronger than T1 laser to offset that slight cost increase. Plasma is ineffective because you're slamming them against shields - which they suck against. More so because the ships go round robin targeting instead of focusing.

Lasers also have a shorter range and usually no armor bonus on S so, why not use the superior auto cannons instead? A single torp will get rid of shields on stations/capitals and the AC/s will finish the job.

Promote generals so they have bigger division cap and use HQ divisions

DPS = DPD. The game just substitutes the term.

Well obviously 4 out of 10 will hit if you use weak corvettes with 60% evasion.

S-weapon tracking.

It gives +3 tracking and +3 evasion

What? H shots?

With Lasers there is no waste. Lasers don't continue firing after the target is dead. If a target has 1000 HP and a laser does 110 damage per shot, it will fire 10 times and waste 100 damage, 10% waste max. With Torpedoes you waste hundreds of torpedoes on overkill, because you fire 100 torpedoes, then 1 or 2 of the first 10 hit, kill the target, and the rest disappear since torpedoes can't acquire a new target. Thats 900% waste. And it scale up the more you have.

I mentioned mining lasers as a potential weapon. The thing is that if you are banking on overkill, the further you stay from your target the better. This makes the L-ranged cruisers superior.

Basically there's 2 inherent damage reduction methods in Stellaris: Evasion and Armor. If you have 90% evasion and the enemy doesn't have S-weapons to hit you, you win. If you have 90% armor and the enemy doesn't have plasma/tacyons/mining lasers to pierce most of it, you win.

There's also a 3rd damage reduction, overkill. Overkill scales up the further you are from the enemy, the more ships are involved, and the slower his weapons move. If you use instant-hit weapons while the enemy doesn't, you're benefiting from huge damage reduction while the enemy isn't. Missiles/Torps have absurd overkill penalties but even plasma and kinetics have it too.

I said mining lasers could work, but as mentioned I went for L because range = more overkill. S lasers are useles so I wouldn't use them. Autocannons have no penetration and have overkill so I wouldn't use them

I'm 3 years away from being able to annex the Lenape.
Do I do it and cuck my OG royal family even further?
Wat do /gsg/?

Make your king ethnically Sudanese and then tell GSG.

My bad, my mind went (H) for (H)eavy in relation to (L) and (X) Kinetic Artillery, Giga Cannon or such one shot wonders that all fire at the first few targets a'lla missiles.

Those weak corvettes are by design approach you first proposed, T1 plasma is 85% accuracy which means it will occasionally miss even with no enemy evasion. And you didn't "mention" cutting lasers - I straight up told (and then reminded!) you how they're better for what you're trying to accomplish since they don't suck vs shields.

Shields or HP bloat aren't even a thing, apparently. And neither is flak, fighters or PD. Hell, I don't even know why'd anyone would bother with scanners or ballistics. :^)

Seriously, for the last time try to wrap your head around the concept of dead shit does no damage. Aka while the swarm punches thru shields they lose that critical mass required to finish the fight.

Based on what?

Problem is that their lower DPS hurts them anyway vs. plasma. I'm talking about them now because in extremely large battles plasma has overkill problems. But overkill is better advantaged by being far away from the enemy, so mining lasers are still only debatably decent.

Those aren't damage reduction

Only works vs. missiles which suck anyway.

What? Scanners help fight evasion but M/L weapons still suck vs corvettes. Ballistics have what to do with damage reduction?

You don't understand mathematics properly. If the fight is 1v10, this is possibly a problem. If the fight is 100 vs. 1000, it is not.

You can just test in game.

Oh, fuck off. You haven't given me a single good reason to build shit tier T1 corvettes en masse when you can handle more advanced ships. Including swarming better corvettes. The overhead is smaller, the upkeep is smaller, the replacement and setup time is so much smaller. Even the combat effectiveness is not on par.

I have and it doesn't add up. You got anything concrete for me or is this a case of listen and believe?

I already mentioned how your DPS is horrible due to accuracy. An L-weapon that loses 75% of its DPS has no better DPS than an S-weapon, and you'd be better with 4 S-weapons. This isn't rocket science.

What doesn't? A weapon that says its cooldown is 4 fires about every 4 days.

Also I tested your cruiser build and it sucks balls compared to simple plasma cruisers. Dumped them in the same FE sector with the same admiral and let it run. Just goes to show how horrible missiles and non-armor piercing weapons are. Here's your cruiser compared to a simple plasma. As you can see, the enemy has over 60% effective damage reduction which also makes you waste way more firepower on recharging shields.

Should also mention: My fleet was rated at 150k power, yours at 192k. Enemy sector had about 190k combined fleet and station power.

I guess I'll just check my privilege accuracy, ignore what the game and my eyes tell me and go with your vague bullshit?

You haven't posted the fleets involved, you haven't mentioned whether shit like unity bonus fire rate or broken leaders are involved. Whether militaristic or difficulty level is a factor. Hell, you haven't posted anything but bloated numbers and anecdotal shit all the while going muh math.

You couldn't even copy the cruiser design from pictures.

Should also mention: I took all of that shit into account and ran a few dozen battles in few dozen scenarios because for someone who apparently can't into math I get the idea behind empirical research.

Your approach doesn't hold water, or more precisely you can faceroll (AI) with just abut any composition when you outnumber them 20:1. You believing that's something revolutionary is your problem.

? It's 200 of each of those cruisers

Not relevant, both fleets are affected equally by them. No minor factor you can change will compare a 100% wipeout to winning the fight with 25% casualties.

I explained why a weapon with 25% accuracy is bad. You asked for something concrete. I ran a battle for you. What do you want?

I had more tech available and upgraded your ships accordingly. Did you not want T6 shielding? You'd die even faster.

Why are you both even arguing? The AI is braindead and laughably easy to beat even with just the automatically generated ship designs.

Obviously.

I got a high affinity for dissembling mechanics and a low threshold for bullshit. And for what's it worth, my bad, I should've walked away ~15 posts ago

lolwut? Unless you are talking massive repeatable techs or something, which you didn't mention. Stuff like unity are obviously affecting both the same and I used the same leader.

Here's the stats by the way. It advantaged you with a +15% kinetic bonus while energy only received +5% fire rate. And fire rate is weaker than damage due to additive stacking.

Why is your robbut a spic?

Uhh, I don't even. Dominguez is 100% white. It's 2328 people.

No user, you didn't advantage me worth a shit. I ran your corvette approach and found it to be not nearly as good as you claimed. It even fell short compared to upgraded corvettes. You supposedly staged a single battle in a game that's been running for awhile now, dismissed all kinds of variables, took a screenshot, then presented that garbage as something other than garbage.

And this is a straight up lie (one of several) which one can debunk with a no defense/weapon battleship and a whatever that has a single cutting laser. Nigger, the visuals don't matter - the damage applied does.

The enemy in both instances had no leader on its side. What do you want me to do there?

It's bad when you don't take a leader and thereby make it take 2-3x as much damage as it should. You're fleet would suck even harder if I staged it so your ships died 2-3x as fast.

Cooldown = in days.
Mass driver = 3.5 cooldown, 4-17 damage, 76% accuracy.
Damage per day = (4+17) / 2 / 3.5 * .76 = 2.28. Whoa, and the ingame stats say that it has an average damage of 2.28. I guess that means its damage per day.

Whoa, it's like you're full of shit but I'm totally buying it. Like you said those damage and combat logs saying something else are irrelevant.

You still haven't posted a single, bloody corvette or the actual fleets involved. No, let's test one theory/whatever by throwing something completely unrelated at something else completely unrelated. Also big numbers. All the big numbers you can throw out there.

Motherfucker, I'd call you the Uwe Boll of theorycrafting but he at least did some good and smacked a couple of goons in his time.

Is warlock worth getting?

You will have more fun with endless legend.

La plata

fucking christ its getting creative

I've downloaded CK2 2.7 from igg-games and the CK2Plus mod from the mega folder. However, I cannot get the two to run together. The game crashes to the desktop during the "Processing Flags" portion. I've tried deleting the flags folders in the gfx folders for both vanilla and CK2Plus, and it still crashes.
Can anybody possibly help with this?

only took fucking months

check if the mod version is compatible with the game version

Alright. The on in the mega link is 4.04.6, but the 2.7 version is 4.06 beta 4. Didn't see the difference when I downloaded it. Course, now there isn't a download for that outside the forum so far.

mega.nz/#!BJ50zTKA!9z6hn_sOQWwhlyU8Mwxhzy5FSgnYlqBTHq7qdKCDohE
This is CK2Plus for 2.7.0.2

Attacking during a great war is always a good idea, feels good man.

What next?

Bu why?

anyone know how to run vickymod and a converted eu4 save at the same time?
the map just goes really weird

Watching the world burn.

Because the Anglo and Slav fear the samurai.

Nippon Stronk.

What does /gsg/ think of Victoria 2 Cold War Extended?

Any mod outside of the game's timeframe is shit by default.

What is with the La Plata meme anyway? Never fully understood it.

Cuckchan /gsg/ is filled with underage south american, slav and turk shitposters who took Holla Forums seriously, they love spamming shit like that for some reason. They started coming here after they took over the dead /gsg/ board.

How hard is it to get into Victoria II when you've only played EU4 and a little bit of CK2?

Just fucking play it.

Join the ban list.

Because reading the shit nu-Holla Forums spouts all day in real time is exactly what anybody wants.

I have no idea, i just posted it because it i trought it was pretty funny

I don't see a difference tbh

ottomans are so fucking op it's not even funny

Uh.

Allah (swt) granted them strenght

ISIS is gonna be the next op faction in the next battlefield.

If Allah is so strong, then why were most Ottoman soldiers actually Christians?

trick question. non muslims can join in defensive jihad.

Okay.

In-game Ottomans are so OP that they could take on the Brits, the French and some other large western nation all at once,that's just bullshit. It's also not that historically accurate because all they did for the first couple of centuries was conquer shitholes in the middle-east and weak micro-nations in Europe that no western nation wanted to help.

I finally managed to finish a game of CK2 (I needed to revert HIP's end date from 1517 to 1453 to make it), though from a late start with lots of doing nothing.

Highlights were:

It was alright, several hours wasted I won't get back.

Just like always

Janissaries drew from christian families but were raised as proper mudslimes and the only non slime allowed entry to the court were slaves and later on kike advisors.

Just report it every time you see it. It's a spambot.

What's wrong with you? Also, if they took Holla Forums seriously, they wouldn't be saying that Argentina is white.

So you can convert to Zoroastrianism if you manage to completely remove it from the game?
I've always wanted to play as a proper zoroastrian nation but always go for either a custom ruler or for the Karen dynasty only to get wiped out by some mudslimes later.

I don't know if it was part of HIP, but I got an event to renounce Islam from having theology focus for quite long. Also, Paradox added a way to convert to any religion of which holy site you control.

Just reached the Enlightenment Age and the fucking Haitians were the centre of the Enlightenment the niggers probably realised who their daddy was, not to mention the fact that the whole thing was started in Guantanamo, which is another whole heap of wierd shit entirely. Besides that, the two other relevant powers decided to have their golden ages at the end for some reason and I'm trying to tributise all of Africa and it's all so tiresome.

Believable worlds.

Serves you right for playing with RoM what the fuck was Johan thinking? This is too retarded even for Swedecucks

Does /gsg/ like Sengoku Rance?

Don't be dumbass.

katcr.co/new/torrents-search.php?search=crusader kings&cat=85&lang=0

No surprise here

If pirating is too hard, the game is currently -15% off at Steam™. I'd say it's a bargain.

doesn't say if it has all DLC

katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=58279

Notes: previously released DLCs are included.

alright thanks fam, was looking at the first link and it didn't say

The pastebin in the OP is the one that had the cs.rin.ru link for CK2 as well as the dead mega, would probably be good to edit it

Every time. Those cucks removed decadence for imperial decay and it never does anything, because the Emperor winning any kind of war decreases it and coronation usually removes any decay gained due to inheritence.

Zoroastrian Bavands, mate, so no decandence. And I stopped blobbing after Sassanian borders but my vassals kept ruining my borders.
True. You'd imagine holding a new empire together would be hard. It would make more sense if every ruler not part of the core region became independence and had to be coaxed into swearing fealty after every succession before empire was consolidated.

Needs more work put into the perks and the megastructures needs to get some mega buffs.

Is the English transalation good or is it overly localised like most transalated Jap games?

Wouldn't that mean that you could just convert to Zoroastrianism as the Abbasids?

I don't think religious heads can convert.

The translation is great.

Alright, I'll try it out, I used to think that it was just a regular VN but a hentai grand strategy sounds fun.

You've no idea, newfagling. You've no idea. Save often

A whole bunch of good ideas and tiny fixes here and there A huge step back with the Civ5 styled culture/unity shit, its a terribly clumsy attempt at making "tall" empires viable. The game is still fundamentally unfinished, missing core gameplay elements(like meaninful trade and diplomacy or land combat) and turns into a total borefest around midgame. Every early game seems so fresh with the quick research, exploration,colonization, anomalies and events but in the moment the borders touch I just want to quit rather than go through another challangeless slog of blobbing or turtling then blobbing.

It's adds a few nice things (I really like the species rights thing), but doesn't really deal with the core problems of the game. Does it make the game better? Yes. Is Stellaris good now? No.

Also, the entire tradition mechanic is fully ripped from civ games. It doesn't really hurt anything so far, but feels out of place and doesn't add much fun.

Yes it fucking does. Its one of the most reviled additions to Civ V, a literal punishment for being successful and expanding, a clumsy, unfun and counterintuitive game mechanic. It was the worst, the WORST, enforcing 4 city "empires" as the optimum size. There were oodles of unclaimed land everywhere during the modern age, in a 4X game!

I know Stellaris already had the research penalty but instead of fixing it they just aggravated it. Why my scientists are suddenly getting dumber when I colonize a new planet? Why science is so slow, even with literally entire planets dedicated to researching? Why not just rework science into being more location based instead of just spamming labs? Like, researching natives and planets with exceptionally rich flora and fauna should be the prime source of biological research, precursor ruins, ancient shipwrecks, or even things like subterranean alien cities should be the source of engineering things and physics could come from observing stellar phenomena, setting up a station in every star system you own, bonus for stellar remnants and variable stars or oddities like carbon planets. Tech trees should also be rewoked and split, Society is stupid, everything from statecraft to biology, to genetics, to naval stuff to military related stuff are lumped together. There should be like 5-8 or even more concurrent research slots to atleast give the illusion of progress and a shitload more techs, I'm tired how youre basically retreading the same path every game and the "randomness" is just annoyance instead of forcing you to alternate paths.

Unity is also a fucking retarded concept and execution, basically just green mana next to purple mana. How slapping down an El Presidente statue on every planet unites my people? It should be something you get FROM happy factions instead of purple mana. Like, I had a recent game where I was a individualist/militaristic/xenophile state who defeated a massively more powerful fanatical purifier empire and saved two minor races from getting purged then inducted a space age native to the galactic shark pool as a friendly big bro.My people should have been absolutely overjoyed these developments, be unified and shitting green mana like never before. Our race is was winning, our ideals were winning, every single thing we held dear as people and as a government was held up, providing a shining example to the rest of the galaxy! Bask in our victory and be unified! Oh wait no, should have built fucking statues man.

The perks are also boring and uninspired and lacking in variety even compared to EU4 and the ascension perks are either fucking worthless or game-breakingly powerful but thats just minor nitpicking at this point.

It's like you hate energy or something.

That looks like Tyrone.

You can convert if you destroy/grant the Caliphate title. Praise Zun.

Someone care to elaborate?

Oh no I understand they give energy, but you have to kill them by attacking them, not defending against them. Not that it mattered, the things spawning from those shit piles were killing my troops as fast as I was making them.

Any good overhauls for stellaris? I've been using abws but it's just a pile of tweaks, really.

Nice trips.

The leader for the "good" Human faction is a nignog.

I get graphical glitches on Darkest Hour running windows 7. Half the screen is cut off and the mouse cursor trails. There's absolutely no fix I can find on the internet, I see for windows 8 and 10 but they don't apply.

that's it, into the trash with this gsg shit

Change resolution?

You can readd them in like 10 seconds

I did the most obvious shit you can think of. I played it a year ago and got it working but don't remember how I did it.

To be specific, the leader of the
xenophile faction is a nigger woman, the leader of xenophobe faction is a white woman(Or was it a man? I don't remember and I can't find screenshots of them)

White and based

Can you use artillery or something to soften them up? I remember it used to be considered an exploit to intentionally run up thousands of ecological damage, spawning dozens of worms per turn and killing them effortlessly for more energy per turn than entire empires.

Those polish savages will not get away with their aggression. Poland will be united under the holy fist of the Moravian master race
Sadly I married a greek woman and the only male she gave me came out brown

Might be a stupid question but I have barely played any CK2: I can just select Abbasids at the start of the game, destroy my title and then become a Zoroastrian?

If you do that, how in the flying fuck are you gonna deal with all them unruly kebab vassals? That'd be like the pope suddenly becoming kebab and getting his ass kicked by his immediate peers

Why didn't you check it before you loaded them onto airplanes? Also just build airfield closer to the frontline. It takes only ~3 months.

Can you even destroy your primary title?

its literally the next province/tile, there should be no reason for it to be out of range

he means the tile next to the airbase is out of range

He probably forgot to upgrade his transport planes along with his airborne troops.

I think you can, by making another title of the same rank as your primary title.
Thing is, I don't think religious titles can be destroyed.

Fucking hell no wonder it's a buggy piece of shit. R-right?

Technically you are playing a less broken version of the game. The current version has massive problems with AIs entering a death spiral when it runs out of food, stops growing pops, and doesn't know how to replace already built buildings to get more food.

Why the fuck do you still have the day 1 release?
Utopia and 1.5.1 were cracked on the same day they were released.

So is there a best version or are they all just as garbage but in different ways?

Because I pirated it day one and haven't played it since.

Yeah the AI is autistic, instead of building hydroponics or some shit, they just put the small amount of pops they do have in fucking power plants, overbuild their ships making them go into a power and mineral deficit, making them essentially useless. It's pretty retarded.

I'd say wait a week or two and see if a new patch comes out to fix some of the Utopia bugs.

Is HOI4 still broken?

It's still HoI4

Had to restart my ET mod Han campaign in order to get the full MoH features, thinking of maybe doing Parthia/Persia instead. How am I doing so far?

Are you running windows 7? I can't fix mine.

Are you saying airborne troops/planes can literally not fly anywhere unless they are level +100?
If it is really the adjacent sector that makes no sense.

Why did you fucking do royal marriages with injuns? Your own mistake, now your campaign is ruined

Ottomans almost solely fought wars of aggression not defense

Look at this silly dhimmi.

Shouldn't you be out shooting some infidels, mudslime?

The Holiest Quran is clear that infidels are more useful paying the jizya than dead.

When LARPing goes too far

Fuck off roach

Yes, pretending westerners are actually doing something against Islamisation is quite presumptious make-believe when the historical precedent and current trends clearly shows the ultimate victory of Islam as inevitable.

What is there do against it when most European governments lock you up for speaking about it and half of the western population is too brainwashed to think that terrorist attacks are in fact a bad thing?

Which expansions should I not be running in CK2? Obviously Sunset Invasion off since its retarded fantasy about Aztecs invading Europe. But any other bad expansions that should be turned off before I begin?

Yes if your transport planes are really shitty. Once you level them up once or twice (1942 tech I think) you can fly from Norway to Scotland no problem. It's the same thing with every other plane.

i used my c-47s to air drop into cuba and then a year later they refuse to fly anywhere

10/10

At what point during history since 2AD was Persia/some equivalent empire strongest?

BASED ERDOGAN

Worse than the La Plata meme.

Probably low on org or strength or something. Check the settings they use for the mission and make sure you also research air doctrines since these improve max org and org regain rate.

Shut up

You are mistaken
Turks are based

Okay.

I can get behind shitting on Turkey, but god damn. Roaches are too fucking disgusting. I don't want to see them.

I've played over 1000 hours of CK2 and I've never been emotionally impacted by a death until now. I hope I get discovered somehow or realize what I've done and become depressed so I can kill myself.

Conclave outright makes the game worse. -40 opinion with every "powerful" vassal in the realm who isn't on your council, the council itself is just a stopgap that says no to everything you want to do, education got nerfed because the AI is too incompetent to educate its heirs properly, and the favours system is either results in the top liege bribing everyone and wasting tons of money or constant law changes and revolts because faction members can force neutral vassals to join with favours.

The only genuinely good thing in Conclave is that when the council votes on war declaration council members (i.e. powerful vassals) can't join factions, but that's only useful when playing a moderately large state like France or de jure Byzantium.

Does anyone have the strategy game flowchart?

The -40 really isn't that bad when you consider that the opinion maluses from levy and tax laws are removed. The education system is retarded though, I do agree. It's convenient but I wish it were optional.

The circled area all magically became Mongol at once.

And then about 50 years later, this bullshit happened. I just now looked over from managing my country's internal affairs and I saw this goddamn retardation.

Fuck. This. Shit.

Never seen the Mongols get that far before.

Never seen Mongols that competent. Mine almost always take Mongolia de jure and not much else.

Judging by these two pics, it looks like Abbasid probably had 100% decadence so their armies were pretty much useless. Then, after the inevitable decadence revolt that broke up Abbasid, the mongols could pick on a bunch of smaller, weaker opponents.

As others have said, you just got fucked with a competent Mongol horde for once.

What's the fastest way to form Yugoslavia as Serbia?
In the first year I humiliated and forced disarm Montenegro, to boost my prestige.
I don't know what to do after that, except crisises, which take forever.

Thankfully the Khan was assassinated, which lost them all of Africa and most of Arabia (save for some extreme border gore). Two more assassinations done by yours truly (because despite having distance-based diplomacy on, I can do anything I want to the Mongol Empire and the Aztec Empire at any time) lost them a fuck-ton of the rest. 20 years later, they’ve nearly destroyed themselves and are now Catholic, so at least we’re getting some good conversions in their part of the world.

I love assassinating the Aztec leader. Because obviously my men are traveling across the Atlantic in 900 AD and disguising themselves as indioes.

we turkey now?

Nah you are just stoopid, get prepared to total annihilation by few infantry divisions

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW