Tera

Get your disks out lads, Tera has a new class!

i bet its gender locked
again

when i read this, i read it as dicks.

Wasn't there a class supposed to be race locked?

I only didn't read as dicks after I read your post and reread the OP. I think I've been on the internet enough for today.

Elin class? Otherwise who gives a shit.
Elin thread?

I wonder what the first person to make money off of jailbait was like. It was probably some chinese dude 3000 years ago.

I literally only care about this game because it gave me this.

You know, that sounds really interesting. It would be neat to see that.

TERA is the only MMO that I enjoyed playing a healer in.

So how OP is it? Is it race and/or gender locked? The game went to shit a long, long time ago. Even before the new classes they had still totally killed off the world and expedited leveling into a joke.

TERA used to be hilarious

It inspired me to become the man I am today.

I always had plenty of fun manning turrets on PVP. So cheesy.

What are you implying? I didn't say anything about Priests being better than Mystics.

>queue SM as Baraka priest shortly after ninjas were added
Father Boulder ain't got time for this shit.

Gender and Race locked good user
Also its gonna be the most OP class til next patch, when it gets partially neerfed

What a waste. Just like everything else to come out of Korea. A bundle of good ideas inevitably ruined by shitty gook taste and business models. But i'll keep playing their garbage because apparently I just don't learn.

This fucking shit again, waifu classes because fuck you, and good news guys, they're porting the shitty fucking game to PS4!

Some kid's horny uncle/dad/grandfather, probably.

The fuck do you expect? There will always be best in slot gear. And while everyone uses the same tier of gear, different classes reroll them differently for different stats.

You realize Nexus was taken out of the game several years ago, right?

Complain all you want, but at least keep it to true things.

Only good part of the game

An absolutely cancerous concept. Heaven forbid some equipment be better in different situations or for different classes.
And just because something was removed doesn't mean it wasn't a pile of hot garbage that drove a lot of players away with its shittiness you immense dweeb.

The only thing that would make me try Tera out again is better character creation. I just want my perfect Elin. Dressup and waifuing can take me further into a game with little going for it than anything else.

When will they remove gender/class locks on all classes?

Can we talk about the real issue? That the talent system that gives slayers a massive buff is just absent from the US version and makes the class literally below everyone in DPS.
(don't worry mystics are still mid-high in dps despite being healers because… fuck it why not)

I love me some thick shorties

Best in slot is the logical conclusion of the numbers game faggot, the fact that exceptions exist is irrelevant since the majority of the time you'll be wearing one piece of gear.

Let me guess another race/sex locked class?
Yeah i'll pass.

Humans or bust.

Situational gear does exist in some MMOs. For instance in World of Warcraft one of the extreme examples of this is a Warrior doing PvP in full Icebane. With that ridiculous frost resistance he is suddenly fucking up frost mages (which usually counter warriors very hard) like no one's business, but he sacrifices a lot of damage to do it (he does pick up durability against enemy physical classes though).

There's usually potential to customize gear based on how you want to play your class and what kinds of matchups you would like to improve in PvP circumstances.

there are no playable human lolis, so fuck right off

fuck off this board
fucking degenerates

this isnt your board

Unfortunately, otherwise I'd permaban all you subhumans on sight.

Fug off Holla Forumslio :DDDDDDD

Thanks for proving my point retard.

You have no point you dummy

literally the only reason i still play bro

are zekers playable now? or they still suck the dick of all the other classes in every spec?

when are we banning all Holla Forumstards?

Also, do people still even play Tera? It just felt like someone took PSO2 and instead of making it borderline SAO shit they just made it a WoW wannabe instead. The only class that I found fun was Brawler, but that's because punching shit is fucking awesome and more games should let you do it.

Was I just playing it wrong or something?

Mcfucking hang yourself.

When did I ever say "why can't this place be Holla Forums" though?

your post is shit, both the on topic and off topic parts. go away.

I dunno how Holla Forums is, but Holla Forums sure would benefit from removing you animals permanently.

no :^)

I see you too are a man of taste and culture

I stopped playing this back when they added Gunner, because the game went to absolute shit then honestly before even that, but I'd kept playing until after they added Gunner

Is it still absolute trash now?

welll everything went downhill from brawler imo and if you disliked how unfair how gunner/brawler were back then then you will keep hating the game now. you just cant win with one of the old school classes, they have a harder time making dps and cant even compare to the spacebar fest that are gunners and brawlers you need fucking +15 as an archer to even compare to a +12 gunner wtf. and good luck trying to hit a crit without killing yourself as a zeker. i still love my qt ninja tho and its the only reason i keep playing

Well. At least I can look back at my time with it fondly. I'm gonna miss my Elin archer though. Wish I still had screenshots of her. it hurts

I dunno why did you bring up PSO2, but that's an overall better game as far as weeb f2p grindfests go.
If anything it actually has real time hitbox-based combat, while tera only pretends to.

elin peropero 8 never ever

Dude, context. When Holla Forums is screaming Holla Forums at people, telling them to leave Holla Forums for not agreeing with their politics, and derailing threads with their extremely off-topic bitchfits, it's worthwhile to get Holla Forums to fuck off.

But when they are just telling pedophiles to fuck off, they are 100% in the right.

dude i erased my thicc Elin slayer to try gunner.

i miss her so much…

Just make characters on multiple servers you assburger, if you must move items around between servers use the free server transfers they give out every year.

Why do people play TERA, outside of ERP? I've gotten at least 200 hours in this game and it's so fucking bad I could barely find reason to play, even with my current girlfriend at the time
The only good story the game had was the post-game quest with the elin girl and the little teddy bear guy that they both killed. Once they killed them both the game fell back into generic, formulaic structure and I had no desire to fuck with it beyond then. I fucking hate TERA

Literally the only reason I started playing and the only thing I missed when I stopped.

I honestly enjoyed playing bezerker solo against large-sized mobs but I wish it was in a single player game which had proper enemy patterns and hitboxes so that repositioning without using evades or blocking was viable and didn't result in trample damage. Actually what the hell where they thinking with trample damage anyway, not only does it have huge knockback it also always seems to do way more damage than any other form of attack that most enemies have. I never really enjoyed group-play outside of mystic or maybe priest though, but even then the amount of buffing and tactical decisions you can make are pretty minimal. dps classes in dungeons are unsufferably boring.
I also had some small amount of fun trying to see how far out of bounds I could get in certain areas, managed to enter the skybox once.

I think I want to play again. This or age of wushu

WE WANT NO TRAOUBBU

man me and this healer used to run that shit when the game came out.

Really the only thing i miss about the game

well they fucked over the uniqueness of mystics and made them lesser preists. so they had to give them something

Is there some sort of macro or script which will make me play brawler easier? Respond

Same, I've been here too long.

As long as it's not real kids, only retards care.

pick a word to describe your character, then put that word into a translator for something like Japanese or Latin

bam

I decided to just go through a long list of old Scandinavian names and came up with this one. Now if only the guild wasn't completely dead and many members over the new default membership cap.

how p2w exactly is this game currently? last time i played it you apparently couldn't get good enough gear to compete with pay2s so i never even bothered reaching max lv. i had fun on my qt aman slayer and i kinda miss her but there's no way i can get into a game with p2w. damn, i wish i had remembered to save the screenshots before formatting …

You can't buy gear, only cosmetics and gambling boxes which do not contain gear either, just stuff used in enchanting gear which can be obtained without cash as well since it it only on the shop for fags to waste money.

The god news is that Archer and Sorc now do the highest DPS (after Valk which will be nerf'd into the ground).
Zerk got a slight change to it's skills, for example, Thundering Strike will increase it's Crit chance based on how many non-crits you land. Essentially, unless you're built poorly, you should go without a crit more than once.

I have a 65 Zerk, Ninja and Valk and to be honest I'm mostly enjoying getting back into Zerk, there's no feeling like landing a 6M Crit with Thundering Strike My gear is shit don't bully

how hard is it to obtain stuff for enchanting gear? will i have to grind for weeks for something a buyfag can obtain in a minute or is it just a minor annoyance?

Not hard at all, you can buy all tiers of alkahest at the standard merchant npcs for the standard gold/silver/copper mmo currency, feedstock gets thrown at you by disassembling gear, you have many ways to just get a shit ton of this stuff thrown at you and the keys to the strongboxes that also get thrown at you are fairly inexpensive on the trade broker, roughly 500ish gold each which is easy to obtain.

not entirely true
its the ony way to get the best underwear

Forgot about the underwear.

thanks for the explanation

does it have stats?

i remember we had an 8ch guild back in the day when there were daily Tera threads. Is it still alive?

guess i'll DL it again. do we have any active guilds on eu/us or am i in this alone?

We have/had one guild in NA that is currently not just dead but well over the new member cap on guilds with a guild bank that is currently only open for withdrawals due to the new system restricting how you obtain guild bank slots for your guild. Pattable where the fuck did you go you faggot?

Fucking what? Who's still in that guild aside from like 1 Swedish guy's alts?
Not even kidding basically the entire guild dropped it after the brawler update because the game was ruined that bad.

Also can only GM kick people now? I forget how we had it set up.

I thought the guild dropped the game well before Brawler showed up, but that's when I dropped it because it seemed like people jumped over to other shit at the time.

Eh some dropped in the gunner wasteland and the months of TSHM, but the hardest drop off was Brawler, that's what 100% killed it

Sometimes when a game is really shit it's better to drop it, but I wish I had stuck around long enough to actually do end game raids rather than dropping it in the middle where I was stuck with the idiots trying to play healers as dps.

got back in, did a bg and a dungeon, now i don't really know what to do anymore

y m8?

Its way easier for them to only make it for one race and gender **And for them to make it start at level 50 so they dont have to do all the beginning shit too*

Valk has the same level lock as Reaper?

No Valk doesn't have a level lock, just the Elin classes. Also zerk is the true best class of all time.

you mean the slow-zerker?

I remember playing in closed beta as a zerker. Shit was hard and people could easily avoid you but once you landed that one thunderstrike or whatever it was that knocked faggots down you were about to GO DOWN TO POUND TOWN and oneshot faggots

Then the game released with the best endgame dungeon only being able to be completed by Lancers so Zerkers got kicked out of every group because Lancers didn't want to compete with gear.

Then the community hacked together a DPS meter and it turned out Berserkers were being outdps'd by everyone. Also Sorcerers did 3x the damage of other dps classes.

I toughed it through as much as I could, but the final nail in the coffin for me was having some super good class glyph that was only unlocked after grinding some tedious dungeon like 150 times or something. This one Glyph supposedly turned the whole class around. I just didn't have it in me.

It was hilariously retarded how Elin were also the best Berzerkers, because their Thunderstrike reach was the longest of all classes. I played a Baraka, and they had the second longest reach so I wasn't gimped too hard.

Man fuck that game and fuck Blue Hole Studios and Patrick Wyatt. Also their forums got hacked too.

This is the only reason I gave it a try,
I got bored after a while, MMOs aren't my thing

smug is still alive but in a different universe entirely

yes

If it still runs like shit on even high-end PCs then I'm not going to bother.

no thanks. I'm keeping my money.

Switched to FF14 because TERA was getting boring as fuck. No one really wants to come back considering how fucking awful the game is and performs in comparison to the Korean version.

Plus people can recreate the Elins in games like PSO2 due to those games having far more customization options than TERA.

Literally no reason to live

I decided I had had enough of tera a couple of days ago. The incessant grind has worn down the apsects of the game I liked.

I think I am just not the type of person who likes MMOs. They make you feel as though yo are accomplishing nothing and I don't mean "lol no life xD" I mean the endless gear treadmill means any progress you made will be erased in a future patch.

It finally dawned on me to the point I couldn't ignore anymore with the launch of valkyrie, I liked the playstyle as it has elements of warrior which I have mained for 7 months and was something new but I realised there was no point. Gearing is such a vacuum on resources (seriously what is the success rate on awakened enchanting it can't be higher than 3%) for content I am already tired of and for a class that'll take a while to learn and is going to be nerfed soon. So I asked myself why am I playing this when I have a backlog of games in my library?

I had no answer.

Why is this the only game/media anything I've seen this body type in?

Is playing Tera with a controller as comfortable as FF14?

plebis

Is valkyre good class to pick as novice?

I'll wait until they have to come out with actual oldschool to counter the dumbshit updates they've been doing for years.

I really miss the old runescape quests, those were the most enjoyable part of the game (for me). Shit like undeground passage, mourning's ends or one small favor. Too bad I can't stomach the grind to get back to the required levels on a new character just to enjoy the quests again.