Future Gamenight Plans

Well, UO was good fun. Time to play some other nights. We've had a bit of reorganisation to fit in Warband is the faggot who offered to host Warband around? and RO:OST based on user interest, I think we should probably do Project Reality after BF2 if any of the anons involved in those threads want to speak up and claim it.

Many thanks to image-editing user for the new catalog.

Here's some OC from last night.

Are we voting on the game nights or is it first come first serve?

Voting is unreliable for a whole host of reasons so no voting. By all means speak up in a thread for a specific game though, level of interest is taken into account (we just won't do formal poal.me or strawpolls).
Sort of but there are certain conditions: games with willing hosts or existing threads/communities on Holla Forums get priority as do games that have a lot of interest from anons. Warband and RO:OST were added because of a fucktons of anons ingame and in threads requesting both and a few threads here on Holla Forums complaining how dead RO:OST is, for example, while Xonotic has an existing thread that wants new blood (maybe so does rFactor, I forget).

We hope to get around to every game in the catalog at least once but the best way to play a specific game you want is it offer to host it yourself and actually commit to doing that.

HCE user here, probably first saturday I have off try and get H2PC working. We'll have to do local hosting but hey would be nice to get a room going.

I assume Halo?
The most changeable of the current games is probably Battlefield 2, though Ace of Spades can also be pushed back if you want that slot. If you can work out which of HCE or H2 you'd prefer to run we can swap one of them out. Also Halo is gay
Are you sure it's local only? Often you can host a dedicated server and have people connect by IP. Even if you run that off of your computer it'll be more reliable than gameranger/evolve, though obviously any game is better than no game.

There should be a way to bump AoS up since its popular amongst Holla Forums autists. A AoS game night would probably attract alot of attention, but then again, so will RO and warband.

The only game it could really swap with is Shattered Horizons but then we'd be running three conventional FPS games in a row, I want to balance things out a bit and AoS provides a nice casual fuckaround game in between the more intensive shooters. It could also, perhaps, be swapped with Warband but anons seem pretty desperate to play that, we'll see if the person who offered to host M&B shows up ITT any time soon. Also we don't have a host for AoS yet, anyone with experience hosting it would be good but we've got a month or two yet to worry about it so no panic.

Gotta remember not everyone wants to do thing.

But like I said first saturday I get off which is I dunno when

Well the first two games in the list are definitely not changing so you've got at least 4 weeks, possibly more. If ever you get things worked out and have a date in mind you can always post in the scheduling thread on /radcorp/ or in one of these threads on Holla Forums.

rFactor does have a thread that is located at right now. The other chans have given up on the game due to poor admin mismanagement on their half leaving us with no veterans interested in continuing on Holla Forums.
The result of the gamenight will decide if we continue rFactor, move to a different title, or just massively downsize the general after two years of continuous activity on Holla Forums.

To be fair we shouldn't just limit it to one game. In any case when I know I've got a saturday off I'll make a thread to test the waters and then make the server come saturday

Understood, I thought you lot had a thread up but I wasn't 100% sure. I'll probably post in the thread on the Monday of the week that your night is on to confirm details etc, if you've got some preferred method of contact for those who are organising it we can swap it then. I refuse to touch Discord though so fair warning. Obviously the same arrangement will be in place for Xonotic.
Speaking of both rFactor and Xonotic we had a fair bit of interest ingame for both from anons which is a good sign. I'll definitely play both nights too.
If this is the conclusion we could do a gamenight on the new game too, as long as it's easily pirated or properly free. Our catalog is a bit FPS heavy as is so another racing game wouldn't hurt.

Sure, the gamenight itself is hardly the only time a game can/should be run if it's likely to have a self-sustaining community (I suspect HCE/H2 would since a lot of anons like it). Part of the goal of these nights is to help existing communities on Holla Forums with numbers and perhaps aid in setting up new ones so if you manage to that's great. Everyone benefits really: the anons who care more about playing with Holla Forums than playing specific games get their fun and some people who find out they love the game they were introduced to will probably stick around after the fact.

I'll be the main person hosting though if other anons want to host it as well I'm open for it. The biggest obstacle so far is deciding what khantent to throw in the gamenight: the game has a metric fuck load of mods and content available to choose from.
If people want to request something, throwing it in that thread is the easiest way to do it. You don't need Discord, it's mostly inactive nowadays due to 4chan mismanagement.

I'd just want contact details to explain what I've learned over the last few nights and to help step in with hosting if shit goes wrong/you need to sleep. The window for the night is normally 12ish hours and I think most hosts won't want to do that alone.
Some bits of advice from past experience with these gamenights:
1. Use as few mods as possible unless you can provide a megaupload of the game with the mods already installed, anons are lazy and shit at installing things so too many things to install will hurt player numbers (if the mods are server side and automatically download for anons connecting this is obviously not an issue). If anons stick around after the gamenight you can introduce them to more custom content.
2. Lean towards mods and maps that won't confuse more casual players and put them off. Again keep more niche maps for other occasions.
3. Plan for player numbers varying quite heavily throughout the night, you'll need to change maps accordingly if some are unsuitable for lower player numbers and this change needs to be fast to avoid losing players. Don't rely on asking anons what maps they want because most won't ever have played the game before. I fucked this up a bit with CoD:UO but lesson learned.
4. Include explanation of confusing gametypes/gameplay elements in the OP or the second post as an FAQ post. Don't expect anons to play the tutorial, read the ingame help or even look at the controls in the options menu. Pictures in your thread are the best way to do this but expect to have to explain a lot ingame anyway.
I've got a bunch more like this, we can talk it over closer to the night and I'm willing to help with producing image, formatted OPs and organising megauploads or what have you.

Entirely doable and the step I'm on. It's ~40MB for the base engine, planning on a gig or less compressed for quick downloading which is more than plenty to throw in various things.
It's fairly straightforward, the hardest thing I may throw in the rotation is oval racing but everything is straightforward: accelerate on the straight spots and brake before the turn spots.
Most content supports a minimum of 24 players or so.
Pretty straightforward, I'll think of things.
steamcommunity.com/id/zoopwoop

Good to hear. The best possibility is a one-step install, some anons don't like megaupload so if wished you could do both megaupload and something like mediafire but one is enough.
Also good.
You may want to consider bots, depending on how many regulars your thread already gets. Google tells me rFactor supports AI anyway.
You wouldn't believe what confuses anons sometimes, trust me.
Got it.

Why'd Battlefield 2 (mod) get pushed back to be replaced by a Turkish game that has a rabid-enough fanbase where you can find a good match.

Lots of interest in Warband from anons in the game we ran (people very likely to show up), less in Battlefield 2. Also someone is willing to host a Warband dedicated server and I didn't want us to run too many FPS games in a row (Ace of Spades isn't really an FPS).

Also GTA IV is toaster acceptable.

suprisngly I can only sometimes get like 14 players at best. the only time we were at capacity and then some was when mark stickied it without me knowing.

In any case I'm not looking to steal anyones thunder I just wanna play vidya.

What crazy powerful toaster do you have user?

14 is actually plenty anons to have fun, believe it or not.
Yes, I wish we had a more reliable way to get threads stickyed than reporting and hoping.
We all want that, of course.

I think the 14 is becuase people wanna play maps like Hugeass and coldsnap in HCE that are nice, but aren't all that great for Halo's player limit cap since they're more the size of a battlefield map

I spent a lot of money on my PC but unless you're playing on a fucking laptop GTA IV can run and can be enjoyed with 3 or more people, there are also dedicated servers for the game. I've been playing GTA IV since July 2011 I know every nook and cranny of it minus some code along with other R* Games, co-op modes only allow 4 people and Mafia Work is just a deathmatch with tasks.

Where's Worms Armageddon?

Well I'd hope for more than that for a scheduled gamenight anyway if you can get 14 normally.

IV's performance issues are, I suppose, universal no matter how good your hardware is anyway.
For the default MP or for the abandoned MP mod?
I played a lot of it with friends, back in the day. Did you know you can apparently drive faster if you have a higher framerate?

What's the max player count? If it's less than 16 it will probably run as a non-scheduled event on one of the off-weeks, look out for threads on a Thursday (hell, make one yourself). That's part of the reason we did it fortnightly.

Default multiplayer.
Explain further.

I thought that was P2P/GFWL only?
IVMP and similar, they were attempts to make something like SAMP/MTA for GTA:IV but they died for a variety of reasons.

I'm guessing it can go up to 16 (or moar) players, it's got god-tier netcoding so anyone with potato internet can play. It's also fun as shit.

I must not know what a dedicated server is then because regardless of the host's connection the game runs fine, there is a server browser to see what games are active/made but you don't own that server and kicking someone is done democratically in-game.

also for GTA if you wanna push I suggest MTA:or SAMP only because IIRC you do need a active GFWL account to use the online functionality.

Do your best to confirm it and we can probably get it added. If not, as I said, there are always off-weekends. Any fucker can host then if they want.
Yes, the series peaked with Armageddon.

It's worth quickly looking up the difference between P2P and a Dedicated Sever but I'm sure IV only allows the former. I'll do a little research into IV's options in a bit.

Yes, GFWL might be an issue.

SAMP has some roleplay autism and is extremely fucking cluttered, unless we make our own server with minimal modifications to the server that'll be fine but the advantage IV has over SAMP is better netcode, best guns in the series, in short it's smoother with robust "interconnection". Also you gotta go through thr Rockstar Social Club for IV so there will need a high request for GTA IV if we were to play it.

If we were doing it I could provide one. Also we'd probably want to do either race, deathmatch or protect the president. Alternatively do MTA.
That is my largest concern along with GFWL. We could test it out on an off-weekend at some point to gauge interest.

oh fuck

Off-weekend it then user. I'll come play Worms even if no other fucker does.

Satan Trips aside what said you should set aside a day for set-up of GTA IV and remember you DO need to go through the first level to do MP IIRC

MTA has better netcode from my experience but less popular because the San Andreas edition of MTA released a few years after SAMP, also MTA is infested with spics public server wise. It is open source however.

UO? You faggots were playing Ultima Online?

Without me?

Not quite user. And if you haven't played it this game was from before CoD went to shit.

tried Xonotic for the first time tonight. Arena shooters like this are gonna be rough game nights. Anyone with experience in these games is going to curbstomp all day and night, and any new players without thick skin are going to leave fast. Especially with this auto-bhop speed, it's gonna be really hard to frag people who know the maps well.

I think the Xonotic anons have planned for that, certainly I asked them and they seemed to have new players in mind. Currently testing rFactor with host-user, shit is fun as fuck.

Admin mismanagement over a server? is it hard to admin an rfactor server?

id run one, but i got no money.

Yeah. By this I mean picking shit nobody wants to play and forcing people to like it. To make a comparison it's like how TF2C went from playing 2007 TF2 to micspam ctf_moonman, except with rFactor.
Not really, no.

Thought so. as i said id like to do it, ran a few servers for Holla Forums and other groups over the last few years and would like to give it a try, but cant afford it.

I wanted to try TF2C at one point but by the time I was looking for a game to play the circlejerking with the Holla Forums groups had hit it's peak. Long term server hosts hopefully learn from that.

I think that's a poor idea. Warband is popular on Holla Forums but pirates will be totally left out and Warband is a game that needs a large playerbase to be enjoyable. I think the main requirement for games should be accessability and pirate friendliness so we could catch the largest possible audience, FPS games are great for that, autistic 1980s CLI game vs just Battlefield, which one is more likely to get players?
CoD was a great pick because of that, but I don't know about Warband.

Good point. I've got a potential workaround since I know the only thing to stop pirates is prevention of duplicate CD Keys on the same server but if I can't get that working there's a problem. Over the next few days I'll do a bit of research on the possibility of running a cracked server that still shows in the server browser.
That is true for vanilla, if we're doing it it'll be the Full Invasion coop mod (1 not 2 since 2 is bloated as fuck) since that scales up with the number of players in game. However the user who said he'd host ingame hasn't shown up so we'll see if it runs at all.
Agreed, these were major considerations in picking the catalog games. I'm willing to allow non-piratable games that most anons are likely to own though which may include Warband. Also sourcemods, which strictly speaking aren't fully pirateable, are probably fine since at most anons need a single Source game.
Also racing games, I think.
I'd rather we didn't just do FPS games though, it leaves out anons who don't like them and risks players burning out on the nights due to samey gameplay.
Based off of all the gamenights I've done and discussions with other hosts it seems the largest barrier to entry is actually ease of installation. Many anons will show up for anything if it means playing with fellow anons. If we can solve the piratefag issue Warband is extremely easy to install and many anons will already have it.

However I agree with most of your points, based on the potential issues Warband running in it's current slot is provisional based off of finding a willing host for a proper dedicated server and whether or not we can get it working easily for piratefags. If any anons are certain they'll show up for the Warband night but weren't on for the other gamenights speak up now.

What the fuck? FPS is such a wide genre and the number of people who don't like them is so fucking tiny that no one should care. FPS is the least niche genre you could possibly pick and will attract the widest audience.

I like them too but I also like variety, playing games I usually wouldn't play, and easing into with people I know, it's not about the audience.

Don't know if anyone has suggested it, but Skulltag is pretty fun. Some of my other gay ideas include UT2004 and everyone making lvl 1 characters in some shitty f2p mmo and roaming around as a big game ruining meme-crowd.

There are some people who don't like multiplayer fps (I should have been more specific). I don't want anons left out. Also this
Going to look into Warband though based on the concerns you raised.

I suggested Op Flashpoint/ARMA Cold War Crisis near the start mostly because it was 1: toaster friendly 2: they gave it out for free sometime ago and recently part of the humble bundle 3: had high player MP, but never actually played the multiplayer. Was it any good?

We haven't run it yet, I'm afraid (we've only done 3 so far). It was scheduled but we dropped it when it was discovered anons couldn't join a mission in progress and that missions can fairly easily last for 30 minutes - an hour. People would likely get bored waiting since they couldn't even spectate while waiting. It'll probably come up in an off-weekend though.
We did do Joint Ops, which is a similar game in many respects and it went well.

fam "After BF2" is in like 3 months
I dont know if Ill be alive in 3 months, less so being availiable a specific evening to organize the event

Ah, it is indeed a bit much to ask for commitment three months out I suppose.

Maybe we should do PR after Shattered Horizon?

Are you cancer user.

Project Reality is literally just Battlefield 2 with simulator-tier realism along with it not being toaster friendly/toaster acceptable unless on laptop, the real question is if we play the base game or one of its mods. And didn't you say yourself we shouldn't have too many FPSs in a row.

PR has an existing community on Holla Forums so they'd get priority over vanilla BF2 or AoS if they want it, that was a condition from the start. Also the PR user did speak up long before anyone asked for Warband, AoS or RO:OST, I just forgot to add him on so that's my bad (the hack messed up my planning a bit).
I did indeed, I'd move either BF2 or RO:OST down and stick something else in between them. Maybe the original Fistful of Frags mod which, while technically an FPS, would probably be mostly the coop mode and so less of a traditional FPS affair. Alternatively DMoMM. We need more non-fps games for the catalog. Maybe the original Age of Chivalry mod. Any other suggestions would be good too.

Give me a minute, I've got an idea.

Where. And if so they can play with them and the game is still popular thanks to that Bluedrake faggot. We can play Project Reality but it wouldn't be fair to games that are dead/obscure that everyone can develop together with like rFactor, CoD 1, and Red Orchestra.
A lot of niggas including me enjoyed United Offensive and want some more ostfront action games in which RO1 is easily top 5 WW2 games, on top of this stormfags and people who actually believe in communism will flock to it, lastly I'm the vacation dude and I really wanna fucking play this with you guys before I have to go.

I'm the fag who used to host 8-ball on Airride Modoki before my ISP decided "hey fuck you", I'm available to host again if you fags want me to.

rFactor is also part of an existing thread and it's not fair to favour certain groups over others.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed UO user but we can't just play WW2 fps and vehicle based fps. You also have to understand I can't run two games in a row with the same host, that's too much to ask of one person. It looks highly likely I'll have to step in for more than half of these games, for example, and I don't want to die of sleep deprivation. You also can't just sit back and enjoy playing when you're hosting for a whole variety of reasons.
I'm working something out, give me a chance.

That's good to hear user. Can I get some more permanent contact details (your pick of Steam, Tox, Jabber, Email, anything that isn't Discord)? If you don't want to post a username in the open you can send it to my (obviously not-real) email.

The base game itself?

Oh shit, I didn't see your post user. Apologies for that. What's a skulltag?
UT2004 is in the catalog already so it's already an option.

Judging by what I googled, Skulltag is one of the ways to play Doom sort of like Zandronum.

Oh, that's fine then since Doom is already in the catalog and there's a few anons who have asked for it. As long as it's easy to install if it's a mod.

Better now?
If you're still here PR user can is this date better?

Warband and AoS be back to back so PR feels more fresher to play or have Warband be after RO then BF2, SH, AoS, and PR.

Comedic exaggeration fam.

its heavy on the CPU, on some maps more than others, but aside from some extreme situations you should have 30-40 fps on a 2.4Ghz multicore cpu
extreme situations include having all 99 players in the fov at the same time during a cache rush after a 2 hour game, or playing the taliban valley map

I could just drop the pasta on an off week.
I was gonna do that some time soon anyway to try and get new players.

On a dedicated discord room
Playing videogames.
We bled down to around 8 to 10 regulars so I wanted to do a game weekend to get more people soon anyway.

if only
bluecancers clan and server are the number one reason new people leave the game
they act like they own it and are behaving like pure assholes, and constantly powertrip even outside their own shitty server

Dude, the planning list is getting mighty long and spans 4 months. Either long term planning is good or maybe we should cut it down just a few. or atleast book the planning until a certain game night is completed

yeah, planning is good and all but we either need to game night more often or tone down the planning, it's getting pretty long.

How is Warband against pirates? It wasn't been cracked for all those years?

Hey, here's an idea. Why not make a separate list with a different style/color scheme for stuff that can be played on weekend and main fortnight game events on the usual image. just an idea

How about cutting the number down to 5 or 3?

I'd have moved you up further but I don't want to run Ostfront and PR right after one another, they're too similar. Obviously BF2 and PR are similar also.

That's as last as PR is going to run user, as I said it was called early and it has a right to be early on in these nights.
More importantly I'm most likely hosting BF2 and if we can't secure more hosts potentially AoS, SH and Warband too. Until that is resolved I'm not committing to a schedule that has me running more than two back-to-back nights (already more than I want to do).

Meh, PR has a right to run in a preferential slot.
You should do that anyway, that's what off-weeks are for.
For the actual gamenight it'd be good if you fags used ingame chat, many anons are opposed to Discord. We could talk about that later anyway.

Agreed. I'm putting a halt to any more entries that there are currently. Maybe I'll cut it down a few games.

Claiming the off-weekends too is greedy, I'd prefer to leave that up to whoever wants them. Also it's already a lot of work coordinating this list.

Not for multiplayer if you want to be in the server browser, as far as I know. As I said I'll look into it.

late*

Ok, any more feedback is good so please keep shit coming. Also anyone who has specific feedback on one of the previous nights (Battlefront 2, Joint Ops, United Offensive) and what was done well/badly would be nice. I'll say from personal experience that UO needed a better thought out map rotation and less crashes.

Oh and to clarify in big, unmissable red text.
Schedule is closed to more games until the 6th of May. We can reorganise existing games but that's it.

Here's mine regarding the current plans

and while Im at it
how come nobody thought of hosting low player count games like RTSs as a tourney?

The discord is only for outside coordination getting a squad going and shitposting its 99% shitposting really
we only even use the voice feature once in a blue moon when some fag decides to host a mahjong match or some other shit

If that's the case then boost everything up from PR to RO in which RO is on June 30th, another reason being that I doubt people are going to spend $10 for an old game so when the Steam sale comes they just spend $2.50.

Take it up with the occasional RTS general thats posted here on Holla Forums every now and then. Id also suggest the same for fightan, but you'd have to ask the general.
if i may suggest an alternative ToxOpen source and wont datamine you

I can cut Ace of Spades and Shattered Horizons but they'll have priority for those two slots anyway.

That's kind of outside the remit of the gamenights but it's a good idea. I wouldn't want to organise that also but someone should do it. Blood Bowl would be another game to run such a thing on.
Well the specific Friday-Saturday gamenights have a rule against out of game chat that isn't threads since it leaves anons out. If it's 100% necessary it'd have to be something uncontroversial like mumble (I could get you fags a temporary server for the event if needed). Them's the rules and all. Obviously they don't apply to off-weekends and shit.

Xonotic and rFactor have confirmed hosts already preparing material, they're completely locked in short of one of those hosts dying. Also RO isn't on the 30th of June anymore faggot, see here

Maybe add a lock symbol to show which gamenights are fixed for now?

As suggested I've cut the bottom too off. I still intend to run them but they haven't been comitted to.

Good idea, though image editing user is asleep I think and will have a fit when he sees my paint-tier skills at adding one.

What I meant was

I'm still here, I was just about to ask if I should redesign the current plan images since looking at it now, it could use some eye-catching improvements.

are you gonna keep to the retro future/future fash style?

Nah Im not insisting on using discord, or any other software really. We used the threads to coordinate before that, the only reason we jumped over was because some fag made a room and we just stuck to it since its convenient to ping all the fags awake that wanna play at any time of the day.

The only info that really needs to be parsed quickly for the game is the pasta, the tech support™, the starting time and when we hop servers. Thats all perfectly doable just using an active thread.

That's what I'm shooting for, yes. I'm trying not to go for the Vaporwave stuff like what I did in the 2nd banner.

If you do there's some text you could add. Ima ask again user, can you give me a more permanent contact method? Even an email would be good.

This, I like the neon. Also it's easy for me to edit badly in paint.

Well I wouldn't want to run PR and RO1 back to back since they're both 'hardcore' but something like that is potentially doable too. I'll have a look again.

Ok, it's up to you at the end of the day since it's your night but Discord is a big no-no and anything third party is best avoided. You're free to link your Discord in the OP for the Gamenight and all, just label it clearly as the Discord for the normal PR group and not a gamenight Discord (something like 'if you enjoy this we play all the time, come visit us here at blahblahblah' after the weekend is done). And again anything outside of these scheduled events like off-weekends is fair game so do whatever you fucking want.

Sorry to ask again user but what's the logic of doing things this way around instead of the current way? Was it to do with the summer sale?

Sure thang fam.
Your party your rules.

Strictly speaking it isn't my party, I'm not using a trip on purpose so if I end up incompetent/obviously corrupt any other fucker can take over and I can't prove he isn't me (anons can vote with their feet for the 'legitimate' schedule). It was just the conclusion reached in thread and ingame.
Oh and one of the last gamenight's screenshots seems to actually have chat discussion about Warband; I wish I'd remembered to take more screenshots though.

Why? I pay attention to these threads.

He just wants to make friends user
he's very lonely

ERP, obviously.
Really though I was just concerned you'd disappear and I'd have to paint edit new games into the catalog. As you have probably noticed previously my image editing skills are 'unique' at the best of times. If you're always paying attention here or on /radcorp/ that's fine instead.

I'd think everyone involved in gamenights is lonely anons, that's why they want to play ded games with a random selection of neckbeards.

I'm not lonely, I just don't have many friends.

Is MS Paint your image-editing program of choice?
No worries.

Yes, and I don't even like the win7 version of paint. I've got gimp and shit installed but no artistic ability so why bother?
Also if you're going to mess with the schedule could you include some text about why we only run fortnightly (to avoid host and players getting burnt out and to leave the off-weekends for anyone else to host whatever they want). Also as that other user suggested maybe a 'locked in' icon and a 'scheduled but subject to change' icon and a key to indicate both.

Video games > friends anyway.

But on a more serious note the actual schedule: are there any more moving things around to do? That other user was not satisfied, care to speak up?
Any more hostfags around?
Why don't more games have AN FAL?

Oh come on now, I believe you have it. I started that way during my young internet years. I can lend you a hand if you want (Although considering that you've got the hosting stuff on your plate, it's probably better for me to make the stuff so you don't have to.)
I don't understand, elaborate.
Noted.

If you're willing I'd prefer you to keep doing it, it's worked well so far.
A line saying something like "These nights are run fortnightly to prevent players and hosts from getting burnt out, to leave the unused weekends free for others to use and to allow us to reschedule cancelled gamenights." It would prevent me having to answer the same question every bloody thread.

So basically what I did in the Questions image where I put a box on once every fornight>>12323915

I fucked that up

Yes, more or less, but with an explanation of why it is once every fortnight. Every time it comes up people ask why we don't do it every week (I expect them to only skim the image and ask anyway, of course).

I'm in 3 of those screencaps. Never felt more alive.

All right, just for clarification before I put it in, the text looks like this?
To avoid host and players getting burnt out and to leave the off-weekends for anyone else to host whatever they want

Yes, though the exact text should say hosts (we have more than one and all) and ofc mention the ability to reschedule (e.g. if the hack had conflicted with UO's night).

It was a fun weekend user, I'm hoping to see even more people around for the upcoming nights.

All right, take 2.
To avoid hosts and players getting burnt out, to leave the off-weekends for anyone else to host whatever they want, & the ability reschedule in case of certain events.

Looks fine, though it should say the ability to reschedule. Also the Oxford Comma, but that's more of a personal grudge I have than a mistake.

Forgot the typo. Other than that, I assume it's presentable?

Looks good to me.

All right. Am I still keeping the number of games on the planning to 7 or cut it down to 5/3?

I've hosted it many, many times. I should still have our modded version of the later build somewhere.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BADLY I WANT JUST ONE MORE DAY WITH THAT GAME? ARE YOU TRYING TO DESTROY THE LAST SHRED OF FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE REMAINING?

Either cut off the bottom two games or mark them as provisional if you've got a symbol for it. They'll probably run on those dates but lets not commit ourselves months in advance.

This is good, hang about the planning threads. If you can find resources and suchlike put them/links to them on /radcorp/ please.
I still intend to schedule it for that day user it's just not fully locked in. It'll get first priority for the slot when it becomes available. I agree with whoever it was that pointed out planning 3-4 months ahead is too far.

Understood, I think putting the number to 5 is better to be honest.
I'll be getting some rest now, here's my idea of the new current plan image. Please tell me if you don't like the color scheme, typeface font choice, or anything you think doesn't fit & what I can do to make it look presentable.

It looks good to me and fits with the semi-retro theme that's already been used. Like last time it'd be best to make the font used for the actual dates either commonly available or uploaded somewhere anons can get to though otherwise I'll have to ask you to update it every time.

I remember doing that a while ago and it was bretty good, MMOs are shit unless you can manage to make your own fun.

How aout sven co-op and tribes?

We're quite beginner friendly. We used to hold pic related and offered to coach new players who'd at least stick around, and within a week of consistent practice, they were able to curbstomp in turn the average pub. Obviously, the random player on the public server isn't going to care as much to show newbies how to play the game and will take advantage of any frag they can get.

Overall, we're trying pretty damn hard to counteract that perception of arena shooters, but some people are just going to be frag shy regardless.

It just gets draining getting your ass kicked for more than an hour or so. I used to play CPMA a ton. My friend and I were around the same skill; we'd both lose to the same guys, and both beat the same guys. But he would still kick my ass and end games 30-0 unless he was holding back.

As long as the regulars aren't trying to swing their dicks around, it could be alright. But the skill gap between players always shows itself, and the perception exists of that.

Are Holla Forumsirgins, people who are usually poor and use morals in principles in purchasing something, going spend $10 for a dead game from a developer that's betrayed everything they once were, when it's a quarter of the price it will be easier to get them to purchase.

NEW CURRENT PLANS!
I used Segoe UI for my typeface choice, so to make it more presentable, use Segoe UI Mono on all caps at size 14 or 16.

lookin good

Understood, I'll look into scheduling it to coincide with the sale. Also maybe if we can get it working with a cracked server again,

Thanks user, looks great.

Anytime. I can't think of anything else to modify & my mind doesn't have any new banner ideas, so it looks like you're set to go.

Nice, I'll update it with the current games in a sec.

Tribes is on the list.

Could we get an idea of what region anons are located in for the sake of latency and hosting locations?

About 9 or so months of hosting a server for an arena shooter in the west coast, I've seen complaints from people on the east coast regarding ~100 ping. So I'm hoping a server that's geographically ideal could be arranged.

West coast America.

I'm in the UK.
From past experience an East Coast sever is the best compromise.

I have a i5 and GTX 650 Ti and I have trouble running the game even on medium settings.

meant for

Europe west

Scandinavia

US… South? I don't know, I'm in fucking texas.

test

WEW LAD

Impressive.

nice get

Jesus Christ what have you done.
Why are all our recent gets so fucking shit?

This is why God doesn't talk to us anymore.

Where have the good gets gone lately?

Faggots need to learn how to sage

I will do as I please, tough guy.

I will never forget again.

FUUUUCK YEEAAAAAH

God is perfectly just. You have to make offerings (moses comics for example) in order to speak with god.

Such is life on the Indonesian glass blowing smoke signals.

Oh dear.

>>>/test/

So I assume Xonotic is still good this upcoming week?

Yup.

It has a good coop too

and that's why your gets get wasted because you're cancer

WOO.

How about Left4Dead 2 co-op? I know that you can play the campaign with more than 8 people.

That takes a bit of finesse also people need steam and a copy of L4D2

checked

is there any gamenight plans for today?

Tiberian Sun: Reborn would be neat to try out. Although it's not on the same level graphically as Renegade X, it is fairly neat having the wide selection of units from Tiberian Sun. Not sure if they still have servers up for it, they probably might.

Xonotic is happening next Friday.

I was going to host Kerbal Space Program, but I was busy during the week and couldn't get the proper files for it. Xonotic is next week though.

Oh shit I totally forgot about zombie master.
Really wish we could organize a group for that.

The next three games after what we've currently got will probably be Project Reality, Shattered Horizon and Ace of Spades but I won't commit the schedule to that so far out as was discussed earlier.

Did you find a workaround that let's pirated versions work because if you didn't we'll have 5-7 people playing a huge-ass maps and that's not very fun.

Still looking into it, there's over a month yet.

Whoever made the gamenight catalog image should realize that Doom multiplayer ports ie, Zandronum, because odamex and zdaemon are shiiiiiiit does have linux libraries for both the game client and the server browser. It's the literal best game in the list by far and wide.

Updated the catalog. If there are other important details I missed in one of the games listed, please let me know.

ROFLCOFL

Fixed the white spot again.

Gotta remember mate we make a lot of the choices based on how toaster friendly shit is

That's actually pretty good

Made a new banner, it's from the Battlefield Vietnam advertisement.

Nice

I wonder why I have no friends IRL.

Nigger most of the shit wasn't even that bad aside from a slip or two.
You should have seen the TF2C threads and webms.
Pure fucking cancer

Made another one, this one is from No Man's Land advertisement.

hey

How's it hanging?