Good evening Holla Forums

Good evening Holla Forums,

I absolutley love those old RPG games. Doesn't matter if from west or japan. I know only a handfull of those i played as kid. What else is there to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10590
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Septerra Core, everyone always forgets that one.

Baldur's Gate 2.
Chronotrigger.
Vampire: The Masquerade, Bloodlines.
Knights of the Old Republic
System Shock 2

I never finished Eye of the Beholder III.
Did these fuckers ever appear in it?
I miss SSI

thank you very much anons.

Is it good? Or just notable for being a western developed jrpg?

Is Anachronox good?

Arcanum
Fallout 1 & 2
Deus Ex(but i'm not sure if that counts for you)
If turn-based games are fine try Front Mission 3, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey(if you have a ds great, if not try emulating), there's also a few gameboy advance games you should try out like golden sun and pokemon mystery dungeon if you like dungeon crawling

why do people pretend the fallout games are good?

I love the game OP but it's not an rpg. It's more like a dark gothic A Link to the Past

Lnk's awakening is a RPG? That…doesn't seem right unless definitions have changed. Zelda II sure..but..yea.

rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10590

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this?

lmao

Fuck you for posting such stale bait when I don't have my reactions folder.

I love fps games, doesn't matter if they're first or third person.

Thanks for the (1) you easily baited retard.

It's OK, user, it just gives me a better version to pirate for my first playthrough

Zelda 2 is a platformer with RPG elements.

Technically every game is an rpg because you play the role of a character

Except is that really true? When you're playing a linear cover shooter like Uncharted, for instance, and your character's name and personality were determined by the devs, and all you are really doing is pressing X to see what the character does next, are you playing a role?

Yes. YOU are playing the role of Nathan Drake

What about tetris fagit

Not really because you have absolutely no freedom of choice concerning the way you react to the story. The writer of the game was playing the role of nathan drake, you re just pressing X do see what the writer did next.

I loved illusion of gaia (gay-a) growing up

Maybe you're the fagit

Some might call Quest for Glory a point and click adventure game, but it differentiates itself from most others in its genre by having a robust stat system and semi frequent combat as a major gameplay mechanic. I feel fully confident in calling it an RPG, and it's very good. This shit is my childhood right here.

If you haven't played Shadowrun you should absolutely play Shadowrun on the Genesis. It's as faithful a representation as the PnP game has had in digital form and it's fucking crack once you get in to it. The best part is the grinding isn't done by killing monster after monster, it's done by going on endlessly generated Shadowruns. It's the very definition of an underrated gem, way ahead of it's time. I hadn't played it until this week and now I'm crack addicted, gotta get some more nuyen so I can upgrade my cyberdeck so I can go on some serious Matrix runs.

Nigger, just pirate the original and get a widescreen patch. They don't even fix the fucking bugs.

Genesis version owns but play the SNES Shadowrun too. Completely different game, with a better story and fantastic music & atmosphere. Gameplay isn't as good, but check out both.

Treasure of the Rudra is a good overlooked SNES RPG (fan-translated) with a neat word-based spell system.

Tales of Phantasia is another SNES RPG with rad graphics/animation and a weird side-on slow realtime combat system which was unique until a couple indie games resurrected it in recent years.

Dragon View/Drakkhen II is another SNES RPG with a 3D overworld like elder scrolls, somehow. Then it's a side-on scrolling thing in dungeons.

Outcast is more of an action-adventure but it's like a cool voxel-based stargate ripoff with a pretty huge world and I was desperate to think of something that isn't a SNES game

Yeah, the SNES Shadowrun is great, but in a different way as it combines elements of point and click adventure games because it's also the spiritual successor to Nightshade on the NES. I just wish we had more shit like Genesis Shadowrun now, I'm retroactively disappointed by Shadowrun Returns.

The Genesis version is gay. SNES version is WAAAY better. == DOG CONTROLS YOUR DESTINY!!! ==

You are playing the role of an invisible hand rearranging falling blocks nigger. It's fantasy role-playing, clearly.

Shit taste.

Septerra Core is actually a good game, so is Anachronox.

Play this, one of a kind game with a lot of prestige and is the first and only rpg by the team. One of the most unique soundtracks around too.

Will we see mods for PS:T now that EE is out?

The SNES version is basically just a point and click game and has very little to do with Shadowrun's actual style of game and systems, where as the Genesis Shadowrun is still to this day the closest we've come to getting a real shadowrun game. Since your only critique of it is that it's "gay" and the SNES is "WAY BETTER" followed by you fucking up redtext like the newest fag to hit the site I'm going to assume you've never actually played the Genesis version past Gunderson. SNES Shadowrun is a good game, but really that's the version for casuals.