AP: Fluid combat edition

Games where the sneaky cunt wins.

Its like you are a casual. Fuck, shotgunning on hard is satisfying and rewarding as fuck. Why would anyone sneak?

For that tacticool feeling of fucking everything up without being seen.

Because it's hair-pullingly frustrating to achieve, but oh-so-satisfying when I manage to ghost a whole level without raising a single alarm or needing to KO anyone.

Y'all cowards don't even ghost the CIA listening post in Rome.

I just talked my way through the game while also leveling hand to hand and handguns for non-leathal bullets. Basically, I was trying to play as James Bond. Though if I inevitability revisit the game, I might try for a no kill, no alert play through ala MGS

Any game worth it's salt.

I just started playing this the other day. I like it so far, the writing is good, It handles conversations in a neat way but holy shit is it buggy.

At least this shit only has like.. Two situations where a bug like this can fuck up your entire game.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW MANY SKILL POINTS HE MUST HAVE TO DO THAT SHOTGUN TRICK JESUS CHRIST

Been a while since I last played it, so I don't remember all of Taipei. What shotgun trick do you mean?

Why?

Anyone else think Sis has a distinct wiff of cut content about her? Heck, that entire faction does.

Is it possible to do a ghost run without it?

I think it's fun to try and roleplay as a sneaky spy, but when it's time to go loud you better believe you go real fuckin' loud. Shotguns are super fun and it's so satisfying to blast people across the room.

The other day I was looking into Deus Ex because it always looked sort of like this from the previews. But unfortunately it's a lot more like a generic rpg.

The best for looking completely inconspicuous in every situation.
I went pistols on my playthrough. That ability that allows you to freeze time and set some shots to be fired was pretty cheap, but it was nice being able to floor everyone before being seen.
Also, casual clothes everywhere. You get different options in some places depending on what you wear.

You can but it makes the game a fucking slog as you use the noise maker and wait for long periods of time to get past people.

Because it's just another generic pistol. No one cares

That's stupid user only wear casual clothes where it makes sense like when you are going to a train station or embassy. If you are infiltrating a secret base you do not want to be running around in a shit and khakis.

Well yeah. People are going to notice and raise a stink over it.

Goddamn auto-complete worst fucking "feature" that anyone has ever thought of.

Oh yeah, definitely. inb4 >tfw no Sis romance path.

The necklace thing practically screamed "incomplete" at me, teased me with the promise of more development.

Agreed. I can tell the writers intended to reveal more about G22 beyond their hint that they're another iteration of Alpha Protocol that became its own thing.

This game was fun.

Welcome to current year, Steven. I have some bad news for you.

What… is that panel from?

The only correct option is to kill tumblr on the spot

I just can't get past how shit the gameplay is. I can do tedious shit, but that was just awful.

Don't sexualize the Sis.

i get when people hate the AP gameplay, but I will ask, how far in did you get? Because they made the (terrible) decision to gimp everything early on for the sake of having stuff to 'level up'.
For example I just recently started a replay on Veteran (where you start with a shitload of skill points) and noticed that every single issue people have talked about with the gunplay and stealth is already negated in the first level with that skill allocation.

i cant think of many games where striking unexpectedly doesnt offer a huge advantage. although i suppose there are games where the cost of suing such a strategy is disproportionately costly

I recently finally got to play this game and now I crave more games where you play as a spy in a relatively serious setting. Could a kind user recommend me some good stuff?

If you haven't already: Check out Splinter Cell. Also obvious here would be the Metal Gear Series. And so I'm not just stating the obvious: If you have a friend you can give Clandestine a shot, it's a stealth co-op game where one character is a hacker taking care of cameras and letting the player know what's ahead (while snagging data and running from intrusion counter measures) while the other player sneaks around and does spy shit. Pretty damn good, though clearly an indie title and the voice acting is pretty terrible.

Splinter Cell is already on my backlog, but I'm actually looking towards something with a little more social element - like Deus Ex or Hitman. I want to bluff, blackmail and manipulate people, not just kill or evade. MGS is also way too "out there" for me.

I remember seeing some gameplay footage and being put off by character designs, but the coop gimmick sounds fun. I'll try to give it a shot.

I have a physical copy of this game and it's telling me to log-in to a dead website or some shit to get the game running any help will be much appreciated.

Your best bet will probably be to look for a crack and to remember this moment for whenever people try to claim piracy is bad

Tumblr would be a neon color, her trying to be snarky and/or cool, and wearing more revealing clothes usually a short-sleeve baseball t-shirt, dark jeans, and Chuck Jones'. She is pic related with a 2007 "alternative" paint job which is why Sis is the best girl.

Yeah, the aesthetics in the game aren't great. The thing to remember is it's set in the 90's and so everything has a very grunge feel to it, still, it's not great to look at or slick.