It's been a decade

It's been a decade.
WHY the fuck isn't there x360 and ps3 emulation yet? Jesus Christ at this point I don't care if faggots make a closed source project like cemu to con people out of their money, I just want it to happen at all

Delete your thread before several anons get quadruple heart attacks

I hear people are having trouble emulating ps2 games let alone anything from 360 and ps3. The only game I want to play from consoles is Red Dead Redemption.

isn't RDD getting a PC remaster?

Nothing to emulate, therefore no interest.

There actually is Xbox 360 and PS3 emulation. It's just Xbox emulation that we want.

LE FUNNY NO GAMES MEME XDDDD UPVOTE ME FOR KARMA!!! PRAISE GABE NEWELL XDDDDD THE CAKE IS A LIE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

He means with playable games. BUT true we want original Xbox emu. Which is ironic to me, because the Xbox literally has a pentium III and a nvidia card in it. What the fuck?

I wasn't even joking.

How so?

This is why.

See
Some redditor took a developer xbox and deleted everything in it so he could use the case for his rig.

please end yourself

Jesus, what a fucking faggot. Did his fellow redditors at least let him know what a retard he was?

Any source on that?

Why is it that only Nintendo shit gets emulators that are good?

Because it has games.

Not same user. It's just a rumor.
archive.is/TRNRX

but we got ps3 emulator (rpcs3) and i remember that i seen x360 emulator withr rdr running on it with broken texutres but it was months ago so it should be better

internal leaks and joke hardware

you have a ps3 emulator that requires a machine 50 times more powerful and gets half the framerate and has no music playback

you got dick

He was relentlessly shit on and continues to be so.

Because the Wii and Wii U are souped up Gamecubes with different or modified OSes. Wii emulation flourished because GC emulation was decent at the time and people figured out they could just piggyback onto Dolphin. If Dolphin ever adds Wii U support themselves so we don't have to put up with CEMU and its begging for patreonbux, likely that'll all be similarly functional in a short timespan. Switch is actually the never ever this time around because it has no similarities to its predecessors even on a CPU architectural level.

PS3 weebshit keeps getting ported to PC though. Just recently Lost Dimension and Cold Steel.

Weebs are so lucky, too bad you can't play warhawk or twisted metal on pc. At least we got lost planet 2, too bad nobody is online for that one.

Well, I guess broken clocks and all that.
Still maybe the retard wouldn't pull such a dumb move it he weren't fishing for upboats on that cancer of the internet. Even Holla Forumstards would have made him do the right thing if he were to pull some "dubs decide what I do" shit on Holla Forums.

You're an idiot.
Standard rule for emulation is the emulating machine should be 10 times more powerful than the target.

That's why all the older consoles are so easy to emulate in comparison. Due to Moore's Law, the advancement of processors is starting to slow drastically, meaning we won't get 10x above a PS3 or Xbox 360 anytime soon.

Because
a) they keep using the same system
b) they have the highest playerbase of autists that spend 21 years figuring out how to skip parallel worlds to finish a child's game

Xbox doesn't use the exact pentium 3 and nvidia card as a pc and theres no documentation for them.

That's not really how it goes.
Also there are plenty of ps3 games that are almost running at fullspeed in that emulator.

a) they keep using the same system
b) they have the highest playerbase of autists that spend 21 years figuring out how to skip parallel worlds to finish a child's game
Yeahnahm8. Hardware documentation is available for nintendo systems, that's why emulators are good. All except for n64 which emu authors people are still struggling to work out.

implying I want Switch emulation
implying I want Switch

Then you're a liar and a faggot, because Demon's Souls exists.
I also think that Yakuza 3-5 was PlayStation 3 exclusive

Nice to know the mods ignore reports.

Because the only thing worth playing on those systems were multiplats.
Or ports from the last gen.
Neither system has their big showcase, own this system game.

Because the ps3 only has like 3 games and I don't even know what the fuck the xbox has.

and when I say "only" I mean, only for the people who actually give enough of a shit to make an emulator. Not your gay butt.

good thing this doesn't apply in pretty much any case making that standard rule really convenient

AHAHAHAHA shut the fuck up you dumb faggot you don't know shit

we had it in 2007 with the introduction of shaders, you ignorant fuck

whoa someone seems pretty pooper peeved

u mad bro?

do you live under a rock

No user, you are the shitposts

Could the 360 have been yesgames some years later if Kinect never existed?

normalfagS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE

Your life is one big meme, user.

what's it like being 16 and autistic?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MODS REEEEEEEEEEEE

Wut, are you ok, user.
Thread specific IDs =/= Tripcodes, you don't need to be a normalfag to know that.

Even with the kinect not many people made kinect games and most of these were made for kinect specifically, so I don't think so.

Oh, so this is the designated shitpost thread?
Good, I though you were serious for a moment there.

Except there are both an X360 and a PS3 emulator both under active development that have been making rapid progress in no small part due to DX12 and Vulkan. The real fucked generation is the 6th with XBAX HUEG still not having anything resembling a proper emulator and the only emulator for the PS2 being a hacky broken piece of shit that probably will never be actually good because of MUH PLUGINS.

DELETE THIS

I can't express how fucking mad I am right now. I just literally don't know how to fully communicate this emotion. That can't be replaced. Ever. It's just gone, he's like a vandal destroying Rome
Is this what being autistic feels like?

Not worth it, the exclusive games are all mediocre

there is more than just 1 developer xbox though isn't it?

someone post that guy from reddit destroying an xbox devkit

disregard this i suck cocks

The processing power required to emulate the 360 or PS3 at full speed costs a retarded amount of money, and you could just buy a used console for $50-100 instead of spending $1,000 building a monster rig to emulate it. Pre-hacked for piracy, even. There's a certain point where nobody gives a shit because buying the actual console is so much cheaper and easier. It'll happen down the line when that kind of processing is child's play that can be had for cheap.

Where the fuck are you getting the games from?

so instead of working on OG xbox emulation, it's easier just to start an Unreal 4 remake of your-favorite-game from scratch and it'll be done sooner, with better results?

Because it's generally not worth it.

There are a few console exclusives there, but the few people that care just buy the consoles.

Also might have something to do with talented people getting older and just not caring about this shit anymore, and none of the young people are capable of making anything.

It's a shit console but i'm mad anyway.

The redditor that ruined the xbox dev kit forever thinks it's funny that he did, he marked his post as "satire/joke". He doesn't care about any of the criticism, in fact he's laughing about the angry backlash. He refuses to sell what's left of it, too. Some redditors are even taking his side, saying it's his property to do what he wants to with, and that emulation is wrong anyway.

We've had a working PS3 emulator for years now.

Nope.

How about you fucking hack it yourself since you think 10 years is more than enough.

This pretty much. Why is everyone mad someone gutted a 360 dev console when there's literally hundreds out there, given out to literally every single developer who announced they wanted to make a game for the 360.

I want to murder this fucking nigger. We could've had JSRF and Ninja Gaiden Black in HD by now.

They're next.

Nigger it's an ORIGINAL xbox dev kit, not a three shitty. If someone who wasn't retarded got hold of it, xbox hueg emulation cold make some improvements and we could be playing Metal Wolf Chaos and Otogi on PC.

It's an original Xbox Developers Console that only existed in the Microsoft offices. These weren't developer kits for game, these were developer kits for the MS employees that made the OS.

Apparently there's only 30 or so in existence, 1 of them is owned by Microsoft in a trophy cabinet and another by one of the original devs at his home.
1 was gutted as you saw, and the others are unknown. Some would be destroyed for various reasons, but since they have one as a trophy, I doubt Microsoft actively tried to destroy them and they were just given to other devs at the time for a keepsake.

Maybe in a year or two, not that quickly.

their hardware is pretty simple, and they've been using the same architechture for over a decade.

Discarded.

Skate's a pretty fucking fun game. The first one though, although the second one's pretty good too.

Why would there be?

To be fair when consoles were simpler emulators came out really fast. Like the first PS1 emulator came out in 1999

You're all silly gooses.

i want to pet that snek
Emulator devs are powered by autism. Nintendo consoles have the most autism fuel. Sony consoles are second with the JRPGs. Xboxes are autism repellent.
Even the rare sane dev will be motivated by exclusives. Xboxes have less motivating exclusives than other consoles.
From a technical perspective, Nintendo consoles have tended to share a fair bit in common between generations, where others change completely. This provides a good head start and common infrastructure for many projects.

Don't believe this shit that someone always posts. Every emulation project requires reverse engineering undocumented hardware. The Xbox is not unemulated because it is significantly more difficult to emulate than the Gamecube or PS2. It's unemulated because nobody autistic enough to write an emulator gives a shit about it.

System requirements are not a complete answer either. Yes it is completely impossible to emulate anything more powerful than a SNES or so 100% cycle accurate. But on newer hardware, there are enough abstraction layers in place that even remotely accurate emulation is rarely required for most games. Synchronization between different processors (CPU and GPU, or multiple CPUs or cores) is the most expensive problem, but over time games have tended toward far less frequent synchronizations for performance reasons, where old consoles would constantly bang registers for raster effects. It will be difficult but fully possible that usable 360 and PS3 emulators fast enough to run on modern processors will be available at some point.

Just gonna say that a lot of the issues that come with N64 emulation is similar to those that were seen with the SNES a while ago. People download PJ64 1.6, see their game look about how they remember it, then say it is great, much like with ZSNES

Why the fuck isn't there xbox emulation

The Wii U has a working Emulator

what kind of standards do you have you double tard

Theres nothing exclusive worth playing on either of those systems, thats why.

It is happening.
Just not yet.

Do you know how long we've been working on the fucking Saturn, man? It's not that easy. PS3 has a fucked up processor, and the 360 is low priority since they are not only cheap as fuck, but easily cracked.

Never Forget

lack of documentation. only reason there's gc/wii/wiiu emulation is because the availability of emulation, consistency between systems. PCSX2 is what you get without documentation and instead just throwing hardware and programming at it to see what happens. A technical mess.

Emulation is still inferior, but this is the truth.

They are right, what's up with all the commies in this thread? Sure its stupid but it was his property not yours, he owed you nothing.

PC gaming and emulation go hand-in-hand, and communism thrives on PC.

Last I recall he's a fucking idiot in general who's been shit on nearly everywhere he goes in his quest for upvotes, also he's like 17.

Oh you'll want it soon enough when it's completely dominating the market and it's got too much vidya to be able to ignore and shitpost about.

PS3 has a lot of nice things to emulate. I can't think of many for the xbox 360 though.

it was for original xbox, and it could have development files that could give some insights on how games work on it or maybe some useful source code, but the autistic redditor turned it into an useless piece of metal

Reminder that all of the "mysterious" "undocumented" ICs on the OG XBox were also used on nVidias early nForce motherboards, which was pretty much an XBox with an AMD socket.

Shit still makes me mad.
Someone find this nigger and beat the shit out of him for me.

Kill yourself
Nigger he could've donated the innards and kept the casing, the only thing he wanted, for his precious PC, that's what's important. But he had to gut it first and leave everyone hanging. How about you fuck back to >>>/reddit/

He owed it to himself to take enough care of his shit that it isn't totally unusable.
Are you one of those fuckers who pitches controllers at the walls when they lose because "hurr durr it's my property i can do what i want with it"