Killzone series

-go to cover
-shoot
-repeat
-OH mg enplacement

why the fuck did it got so popular. was it just the mp thing like CoD?

only decent thing are Helghasts but it seems its just copied Kerberos Panzer Cops from Jin-Roh

The OST is extraordinary.

The multiplayer in 2 and 3 were a lot of fun, the clan battle system in the former especially. I still remember wrecking shit with a Scottish friend of mine in 2v2 revolver duels every Thursday night and seeing .our clan go up the leaderboards.

I also heard Shadow Fall's multiplayer was similarly good but I haven't played it myself yet.

Helghast did nothing wrong.

"Le ps3 xclusive xDDD" meme.

If they ever make an Helghast campaign they would get raped by journos and media cause muh "you made a game where you can play as space nahtzees, you rayciss FACTISt!!!". This and the Kool-aided members of Guerrilla are the reasons we still can't play as Helghast.

What else were sonyfags supposed to play?

I got so burned out on this

Femazon Horizon Nu-Dawn already killed them for me, mediocre game with muh Grafix bullshit like from Killzone Shadowfall, average gameplay, terrible writing, and shitty voice acting, shilled from the high heavens.

Was making ps4 unboxing videos not enough?

Its exclusive and a Halo clone
Sonygers fellated it
What else is new?

Played 1 and 2, both are fucking trash, 3 looked even worse and the multiplayer which I played at a friends house was definitely shit.

And don't even try to play splitscreen on the PS2 version of Killzone unless you're emulating it, that shit runs at single digit FPS, no fucking joke.

I only liked the first game. I enjoyed the WW2 in space mixed in with Vietnam and the weapons were enjoyable with their secondary fire modes, which they removed in the sequels.

I remember some slowdowns but nothing quite this bad and I played it with friends between games of Timesplitters 2/Future Perfect

sony keeps wasting money on western studios. Guerilla should just be merged with naughty dog to produce engine technology for the sony platforms.

killzone wishes it was a halo clone.

Nope, its very bad
I also remember it not being too bad
But I played it at a friends house and when things get a little hectic its a fucking slideshow.

It really is amazing how our memory makes shit like this more fresh than it really was.

Yeah, I mean mediocre to average is at least a step up.

yeah its a big shame since setting is cool but it seems to me that an anime or something would be a better, since they could not get level design and gameplay right

Who knew?

Except David Cage "games" are still horrible

I dunno, even Blob Sterling considered the Helghast more sympathetic than any of the ISA figures in the series.

I liked the PSP one. Might even have accidentally 100%'d it I played it so much.

Recommendations for KZ games I can play on PC? I'm focused on singleplayer experience.

I don't care if I have to emulate it, but that's what I have the hardware for. I don't have and am not interested in buying consoles.

Politely saging thread now, as I am not getting a real answer.

The first Killzone on ps2 then.

What. I need a moment to process this. What? They forcibly wrapped up first and second party series prior to the release of their next generation console for what reason, exactly? So that they wouldn't be able to segue neatly into next-generation sequels to Stockholm various series' fans into making the leap into their new half-optimized shitbox? Or so that, if they tried to do so anyways, it would come off as clumsy and exploitative as possible and as even more of a series-stretching dead-horse-beating example of desperation? So that they could permanently stain their long-runners with the black mark of 'shit end to the mainline plot,' a bad taste that will linger without end in every consumer of the series, who will no longer be so inclined to spread the good word to other would-be consumers? What fucking advantage is there in rushedly closing the proverbial book on series BEFORE a new console comes out?

Simple, to attract a bigger audience, if sony released a direct sequel on the ps4 for example infamous "3" starring cole, newcomers would get intimidated because they would have to play infamous 1 and 2 on the ps3 to not be confused with the storyline and experience what happened there.
Somehow this is cheaper than a "Last time on infamous "recap video in the extras.
And this is the true on Killzone as well.

But they have a fucking virtual store for arcade shit and best-of remaster digital downloads. If you're dealing with newcomer impulse buyers, they'll either think 'eh, who cares about the rest of the series, this one is newest' and buy it anyways for the gameplay or else they'll see that they have more series they need to play and fucking buy it on the new console, and some of them won't even care if it isn't discounted. Sony isn't even thinking in the long term, they're merely TRYING to think in the long term and shooting themselves in the foot!

I don't think this series was ever really popular.

The weirdest thing about the games was just how heavy, laggy, and sluggish the controls were. I think KZ3 has around 133ms of controller lag.

Also, the strange control scheme. I remember having to press three individual buttons at once to:

KZ Mercenary on Vita was good fun though, even if it was short. The most shocking thing about that game though is that it cost $3 million to develop. I almost feel a little sorry for the Vita.

multiplayer was fucking lit

More like 200ms to me.
The only redemption for the whole series was the gun. Helgast design was okay at first then you realize it doesn't matter because they still die like normal humans.

Cool armor/outfit is just for cools.

And oh Resistance series kept getting better and better each iteration but sony stopped working it with insomniac for some reasons.

Now they're making "In Dreams" which i have no idea how the game plays like. Maybe like a mix of LBP and Garry's mod i guess.

Sony Fans will buy anything Sony puts out.

What the hell are you talking about? The series never got as popular as Sony would have liked. If I remember correctly here the one that sold the most is 2 and even then I don't even think it broke much past 3 million if even that.

I liked 2. The multiplayer was fun. I liked the weighty feeling of the combat. I liked the tone and atmosphere of it. Guerilla just needed to plan out the series a lot better. Considering the improvement they did with 2 things should have only gotten a lot better. Instead they just didn't capitalize properly on what made 2 good. Now 2 isn't perfect. One thing I could have did without was the progression system for multiplayer.

Killzone 3's maps are awful. Probably the worst I've ever seen for a shooter. I also didn't like the lame perks thing they did either. However I think they tightened up the gameplay for the better.

I didn't get around to playing any of them past 3. From what I've seen Shadowfall does look very disappointing.

In conclusion I'd say that this series is wasted potential considering only 1 game was ever good. Not nearly as much as Mass Effect but it is up there as one of the franchises I've played where I can say this.

Also is anyone having problems posting today? I think it may be posting files but I tried posting the Killzone 2 box art and even made a thread but it just couldn't work. Also made the thread without knowing about this thread.

Reviewers shilled the game good. I got sucked into buying one of them for PS3 and the game sucked.

One of the two games on the PS3.