So we all agree that affirmative action is a joke, right?

So we all agree that affirmative action is a joke, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YF0k18ahjlY
princeton.edu/~tje/files/Opportunity Cost of Admission Preferences Espenshade Chung June 2005.pdf
dagblog.com/politics/affirmative-action-unqualified-whites-15116
theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/03/abigail-fisher-university-texas/317191/
insidehighered.com/news/2013/08/13/white-definitions-merit-and-admissions-change-when-they-think-about-asian-americans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, every cunt on here is going to cry about muh privilege.

Its funny, I dont remember ever hearing about Stalin, Mao, or Lenin being giant whinny SJW bitches.

Affirmative action: Getting your token 1 in 100 minorities into management and higher-ed jobs is going to get the entire racial group out of poverty!

We should look at a person's achievements, work, dedication,.. not at the color of their skin. This is true for all parties.

Lurk more Holla Forums, we don't do SJW over here. SJW's are as spooked as you are

I never looked at it that way, thanks comrade. It sure sounds like a legit liberal reason to enforce affirmative action/positive discrimination.

its heart is the right place, but it is sadly misguided, the only way to reverse the material consequences of slavery is anarchist communism

But don't you see, it moves the average, and averages are all that matter. As long as the average black trans woman earns as much as the average white cis man, we're living in communist utopia.

To take those highest of the low, who are most likely to be subsumed into state ideology, and grant them the means to do so

that is affirmative action

Such a tough choice

The 10th in his class wealthy black kid was already going to get into yale. Affirmative action generally grabs the "good" poors. Maybe not great but far and above the rest of their peers which generally shows a certain dedication. The theory goes that if you give a inner city black straight a minuses student the opportunities that the asian valedictorian had, he probably would have made valedictorian himself.

racial affirmative action just benefits the most muh privileged blacks. the point is that schools like yale dont take poor inner city blacks, since they're terribly unqualified, and instead accept wealthier blacks who generally dont meet the same standards as asians or whites, but are competent enough.

Poor city blacks are terribly unqualified, but if you look you can find a couple that are only a LITTLE unqualified and you take those.

It's generally not them though
It's the ones who whine about muh privilege constantly after just talking about the Mercedes dealership his parents own

Nice try Holla Forumsyp

Who cares fuck off with your identity politics bullshit

this is my point.

if affirmative action must exist it should be based on income, not ethnicity.

This wouldn't be so bad, all things considered.

Aaand I just realized that's the entire point behind merit-based scholarships.

I need more sleep.

I bet a solid majority of whites who complain about affirmitive action are complaining about how Asians are in everything now because of affirmitive action

The problem here being nobody in this specific group I'm speaking have a clue about affirmative action and don't care to read up on its consequences beyond their own identity, making it purely about them, when in fact other races are pretty fucked by it as well and that shouldn't be out of the topic of conversation about it.

Now I don't mean to be racist or whatever you're going to accuse me of being, I'm just saying that Asians are fucked far heavier over this than anyone else, and that's not really a known problem.

Affirmative action is shit because everyone should have the right to university

/Thread

As Marxists we want equality for everyone, including African Americans and feminist women.

How can we call ourselves Marxists when we can't even suck a black dick to show solidarity for our working class brothers?

this is equity though

Tbh we have to suck all the working class' dicks to show solidarity

youtube.com/watch?v=YF0k18ahjlY

political equality you pedantic lolbert nigger

this is very true asian tripfag. AA really only hurts asians.

princeton.edu/~tje/files/Opportunity Cost of Admission Preferences Espenshade Chung June 2005.pdf

"White plaintiffs inGratz v.Bollinger (2003) and Grutter v.Bollinger
(2003) argued that they were unfairly denied admission while some less
qualified minority students were accepted. Our results show that removing
consideration of race would have a minimal effect on white applicants to
elite universities. The number of accepted white students would increase by
2.4 percent, and the white acceptance rate would rise by just 0.5 percentage
points—from 23.8 to 24.3 percent. Many rejected white applicants may feel
they would have been accepted had it not been for affirmative action, but
such perceptions probably exaggerate the reality. It would be difficult to tell
from the share of white students on campus whether or not the admission
office was engaged in affirmative action."

"Asian applicants are the biggest winners if race is no longer considered in admissions. Nearly four out of every five places in the admitted class not taken by African-American and Hispanic students would be filled by Asians. We noted earlier that Asian candidates are at a disadvantage in admission compared to their white, African-American, and Hispanic counterparts. Removing this disadvantage at the same time preferences for African Americans and Hispanics are eliminated results in a significant gain in the acceptance rate for Asian students—from 17.6 percent to 23.4 percent."

White ""people"" are trying their best to paint themselves as victims(even though they control almost everything and the world caters to). When white ""people"" dont get their way they throw a fit and claim someone else wronged them. Look at the Abigail Fisher case.
dagblog.com/politics/affirmative-action-unqualified-whites-15116
theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/03/abigail-fisher-university-texas/317191/

When you see a white """""""person""""""" railing against AA and whining about fairness you must be aware that it's all an act. White people do not care about fairness.
insidehighered.com/news/2013/08/13/white-definitions-merit-and-admissions-change-when-they-think-about-asian-americans

This
We must gather all of our cutest male and female comrades and have them service the working class orally to achieve full revolutionary potential

For every minority person it helps, there is someone else it hurts. I think this sort of zero-sum competition is what drives racism in the first place. It makes racial solidarity more practical, and it makes arguments blaming minorities more valid.