what fun are you having?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0
candlemaiden.tumblr.com/tagged/concept-art
lordranandbeyond.tumblr.com/tagged/artbook
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im working on my first spell casting faith build :3

Bloodborne
Arcane; I thought there would be sorcery and shit. Too invested to start over.
Gascione set with Mensis Cage
Fuck Lady Maria; huge pain in the ass. I'm a bit upset that the Moonlight Sword doesn't scale so well with my build.

thats what you get for buying into the sony jew my friend

It's fun enough but I just don't get the sense of danger DaS gives. It's probably intended what with the hunter theme and all, but it kind of loses what makes those games special to me.
Artistic direction is top notch though, too bad 30 fps and the eye-ruining chromatic aberration shits all over it. I'm also not too crazy about shit being centered around the messenger shop in the hunter's dream, exploration isn't on par with the series as a result

LOL GWYN WAS A WHORE AMIRITE HAVING ALL THOSE CHILDREN ALL OVER THE PLACE WHAT THE FUCK THAT NIGGA WAS BUSIER THAN SEXUALLY DEPRIVED RABBITS HYPED UP ON COCAINE WHATS NEXT THE NEXT GAME IS GONNA BE IN THE LAND OF GWYNDRAN WHERE HIS LONG LOST CHILDREN FROM TWO DIFFERENT MOTHERS CONVERGE AND DESTROY THEIR FAMILY TREE BY FUCKING SENSELESSLY UNTIL THEY HAVE CREATED AN ENTIRE LINEAGE OF FUCKED UP MUTANT BEINGS WITH ALL SORT OF GODLY DEFECTS?

did you buy the bloodborne machine with a 7850 APU or the one with an rx480 in it?

Fuck if I know dude. I just took the only one in my local shop that wasn't a Pro. It's a glacier white 500 go model.

the 7850 model then
id be interested to know if they actually patched in 60FPS on the pro or not

Dark souls 1 for the first time
something fast with one handed but need a better melee weapon than the broad sword
chainmail chestplate with shadow garb helm, gloves, leggings
tons of.

Now a question for others: On the way to smough and ornstein which bonfire is faster? The first one you get to when you enter anor londo? The second one underneath the hand crank spinning elevator? or the third one thats inside the castle?

The one next to the fire keeper, provided the gargoyles are dead. In addition, check out the Estoc after you gain warp, it's right at the beginning of New Londo Ruins.

absolutely casual, but glad youre having fun user

the one inside past the silver knights on the ramparts, after youve opened the shortcuts

what SL are you, and have you got DSfix and wulfs connectivity mod installed?

Heh, one handed dex is viewed as such because it's the one a newcomer will most naturally pick, but let's not kid ourselves. Zweihander and sorcery are far more broken than any bitch-ass balder side sword.

Casca?

real men rock greatclubs

Zweihander notwithstanding, yeah. Got her the proper weapon in 3.

What is a fun way to play sotfs? Doing a bow run right now but there doesnt seem to be a lot of challenge or fun to be had in this

tbh the lothric knight sword is the single most versatile weapon in the game. the only weapon that can really contest it is the black knight sword, and thats only down to its poise boosting weapon art and hyperarmour frames.

powerstanced smelter hammers

cute

meant to reply to

Reminder that this is the best set in the series

No need

hi

what souls game you playing?
DaS1 and BB at the moment. I'm only playing both because I have to share the PS4.
what current build are you working on?
Full strength for both, cosplay for DaS1, Powder Keg for BB (but really its just the fashion and Whirligig, Boom Hammer and Stake Driver).
what fashion are you rocking?
Black Iron Tarkus/Full Ash Hunter set
what fun are you having?
Smashing shit with my greatshield and smacking little bitches with my Greatsword +15 is plenty fun.

I'll be moving onto DaS2 soon, hope I enjoy it more this time around. After that DaS3 and both the DLCs I haven't played.

I have to agree, love taht armor

elite a shit, giants/black iron the best u faggot

legit the most aesthetic armour in the entire fucking series, with great stats to boot as well

honestly what really pisses me off in souls is when you get a set of armour that only ever comes in its partially broken form, like the balder set, or the slightly tatty lothric knight set

Why the fuck is the Great Scythe so fucking shit in 3? I'm past the fuckers of the Deep and and it's dealing like no fucking damage to anything despite it being +5 or so. Am I doing anything wrong? I'm building my dex to scale but it's still shit.

in irithyll your best bet is just to parry the sword cunts tbh, once you learn how to deal with them theyre not so bad

Playing DaS2SotFS with nothing but a rapier and buckler, leather armor right now but I'm planning to use Lucatiel's set when I get it.

But why is the Great Scythe doing so little damage? I tried killing that fucker on top of the great bridge that you get to from the swamp and it was barely taking 2% his HP per hit. Is there an alternative Scythe weapon I can use?

I think sythes rely on bleed damage so hit them untill they bleed and a huge chunk will come off, but I may be wrong because I don't use sythes

looking pretty autistic fam

Maybe. I know it did this in 1 but bleed is so fucking buffed in that game. Is it any different in 3?

Demon's Souls, just started yesterday

Strength, Claymore. No nonsense, fuck shit up.

So far just Brushwood gauntlets and legs.

I've totally forgotten how world tendency works. It's a stupid, confusing mechanic and I hate it.

Here's the deal
Arcane is goofy, you just need to find what kills the boss. Vials should be for blood bullets mostly.

After you're done with that I suggest a tank
It's cheep, but the armor works like armor for the whole game. I was lucky and got the gargoyle halberd immediately, and with lightning on it the thing just tears through most bosses. I beat gwyn too fast, so I didn't get to put chaos on the zwei. I realized also that I didn't completely hate the havel set, and the helm has good fashion potential. Midroll is for fags though, shields are also a waste of stamina

Forgot to sage, sorry

All of them I guess besides des
Having fun in all

Kek
Stay pleb, midrollers
Incorrect and irrelevant
technically it has highest defence in game but that's only a metric you would use

It's been a while since I played DS3 (since release really), did they fix the bonfire crashes and performance issues yet?
That was mostly what kept me from actually buying the game.

i never encountered bonfire crashes, but what performance issues were you having exactly?

The pc version is poorly optomized
Also on xbox version I'll lose frames if too much is happening at once

in what way though, are you talking about sudden spikes in frame latency, or just consistently poor FPS? what system were you running it on?

question about DS III:

when i played, i experienced the new "armor doesn't matter lol" stupid design about poise and damage reduction
stopped playing after the shitshow that ariandel was
but on this new dlc every enemy is hitting for 1/3 to 1/2 of my health
did they fix armor or is this another "le dark souls difficulty maymay" design choice?
asking for if i need to respec or not

Pretty much what said. It's nothing gamebreaking, it's just that the game doesn't run that well for how it actually looks. I played way better looking games at constant 60 frames.

Particle effects should have never fucking happened.

That's false, it runs 60 fps (minus cathedral of the deep which does have slowdowns) on a 4 giga RAM rig, which is toaster tier. Get 8 gigas, the minimum for a gaming PC, and it's smooth sailing.
Or you might be talking about the Nvidia GPU issues, which I can't comment on.

It looks like Miyazaki wanted ng+ tier difficult in base ng. I doubt armor would change much if it were like DS1

So long schlomo

DaS 1
Dex/Int spellsword, gonna rock the rapier and whatever catalyst I find through the entire game.
Just started so the sorcerer set.
Haven't gotten too far yet. The first third of the game is gonna be cheesed through, which can be fun but I'm really looking forward to Sens Fortress and beyond with this build.

Ringed city is NG+ tier to be honest. I'd say SL 110 at the least.

yeah, but give me some idea of the rig youre running it on, and i might actually be able to give you an answer.

for example, on PC frame latency comes into play quite badly on systems with weak single threaded performance, both the FX-8350 and the Xeon E5-2670 lack the single threaded grunt to avoid having huge frame latency spikes every now and then.

system specs? RAM capacity means nothing in a lot of cases.

armour has gotten a massive buff with the DLC release, the difference between heavy and light-medium tier armours basically just doubled.

its easily doable at sl90, you cant outlevel the difficulty of the ringed city

That is a gay change. Why do they have to be so gay? If you use hidden body, you're essentially bypassing the fucking challenge that the angels pose all together. Fucking garbage.
Gay, the Church Guardian already has a low pool of HP
Gay, there was no need to do this. What the fuck are these people smoking?
I support the increased scaling of sharp infusions, but what the fuck is wrong with heavy scaling on light weapons, and what the fuck is wrong with the Exile Greatsword?
Yeah this is probably a good change
I doubt many players even care about this, but it doesn't hurt I suppose

Overall 6/10 stop making shitty fixes for no damn reason.

NG+ it is, then
thanks for confirming, i was feeling paranoid

before patch there was a grand total of 3 infusions anyone actually used, some of them needed buffing at the least.

660GTX, i5 2450P, 8GB RAM
The rig is kinda old, but still not that bad, it should be able to easily run this game on max with good frames in my opinion. As I remember, I had to turn some of the graphical settings down to be bearable.

i really wouldnt play it on NG+ if i were you, midir will fist you like nothing ever fisted you before

the 660 is piss weak, my r9 290x cant run it will all settings on max.

your CPU is also kind of dated at this point, so you might want to upgrade that for dark souls 3, because sandy bridge is actually starting to get a bit dated now.

actually, I misread it and thought all of those infusions received a decrease in their scaling.

I'd believe that if I couldn't run other, better looking, games on max easily.

Please leave

He meant you should have ng+levels, the dlc is balanced as though you've beaten the game three times over

dark souls isnt like other games, as evidenced by the fact that you still cant keep dark souls 1 above 60 FPS on modern hardware.

Really noticed this yesterday when casually invading the Ringed City. A heavily armoured opponent halved the damage I dealt compared to lighly armoured even with high AP attacks.

Can't speak to NG but on NG+ it's okay as long as you have the right stats for your build and are at SL 140+.
Midr is more of a patience test than a skill test.

Well you can, you'll just clip through the floor and fall into the abyss.

i.e. the games are just shittily optimized

Nah, you should leave.

DaS3, I'm playing through it again before I get the new DLC
Jack
Going for the end-of-episode samurai aesthetic
Less than before. I got an SSD a few months ago but the game is on my old HDD. Ever since I started playing from my new partition I've been having all sorts of problems like frame drops when loading new areas, tons of visual bugs like water clipping in and out of existence and sudden bright flashes of green and pink, and problems connecting to other players. That, and I can't use my old save files. Anyone know a fix for this?

iirc in dark souls 1 the entire game world is being rendered at all times more or less, just with lower quality assets.

Currently invading the Catacombs in DS3 with a demon fist pyromancer. It's a terrible build cause the weapon is awful, but using the weapon art to force people to be run over by giant rolling skelly balls is worth it.

Pyromancer. It's actually really fun and effective in PvP as well. Just wish I had more effective weapons to use.
Pic related.
Co-oping with a friend. We summon each other as mad phantoms and go through the levels as normal while using the dried finger. It usually ends up in a clusterfuck of 4+ players beating the shit out of each other. Pretty fun.

Regarding bloodborne, is it worth investing in 15 arcane to use the special items on a quality build ?

played the DLC yet?

yeah, you should probably go ahead and reinstall everything m8

Yeah, not on this character though. I found it to be pretty excellent.

Arc scaling is reversed. 1-30 gives little by way of damage, 40-50 is a big boost, 99 is maximum fun.

same tbh
have you tried the first bosses pyromancy sword?

DaS1 PTDE
Just strength using demon's greataxe since I wanted to rock a stupid big weapon that isn't the zweihander.
Pyromancer starting garb with wolf ring.
First time trying multiplayer co-op out, wish I'd gotten into this in its prime.

Demon's Scar, or whatever it's called? I wanted to use that but haven't gotten to the DLC yet.

I'm not really looking for arcane damage, just the effects of items that ask for 15 arcane to be used. Like the empty phantasm shell I just found.

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case

i dropped it for a friend the other day, he seems pretty pleased with it

it nearly always is unfortunately

what sl are you fam, and what area are you in?

Do you happen to have another one you could drop?

Dex scythe edgelord with some form of spells.
Sorcerer's hood, Abyss Watcher torso and arms, chainmail leggings for nice round female ass.
Scythe seems to be pretty brutal at SL50s or so. Taking screenshots of Ghru between invasions for potential drawing reference.

nope, not unless youre willing to help a level 80 magic pleb defeat the cunt

Angels were always nuisances, not challenges.

Lmao nothing will change. High reach strenght weapons (and those three infusions) are still the only viable option, since everything else is useless or won't work with the fucking lag. The game is rotten to the core.

u wot m8

Angels were fun in the sense that you had to eplore to kill them.

If you just want to dick around then it's worth it. AoE is a high damage parry, EPS is good vs kin I think, ACB is good for multiple enemy rooms, AB is a pyromancy basically, EG is shite but fun to use as an executioner role play, whistle is worthless without bloodtinge, TT is great against Kin, and if you don't use guns CB is a good heal alternative

35-ish, gaping dragon is next target. I'm playing more in sequence than normal this time too, barring the usual start of Pinwheel and silver serpent ring, and obviously finding Shiva to get the demon greataxe. Last playthrough used firesage skip for early +5 chaos weapons.

want a hand fucking some bosses? ive got a sl40 char on hand

It's neat that everyone has their own opening skips in Ds1

whoops

WKR?
i fucking love me some stone set early game too tbh

Poise ring

keep telling yourself that, cuck

Only if you exceed 60FPS. Otherwise it's rare to have an issue. And it's worth it fag.

Scythes are shit unless you can grind the one enemy in the game that carries the Pontiff Knight Great Scythe or you have the DLC and beat Great Black Chaos Flame Friede and Knuckles.

Just one more reason to hate this game I suppose. Guess I'll swap to my Halberd.

Corvian Great Scythe is the best one in the game. It gets B/B scaling with STR and DEX when you infuse it with refined, and it has innate bleed. You can outrange most people with it and it's great against bosses.

Recently cleared TRC with my 3 builds.

Planning a fat-rolling poise tank build for DaS1. Never tried one of those.
A Friede's scythe build seems tempting but DaS3 feels like a chore at some points.

Multiple builds and I'm a complete fashion autist. Shit's like DOA.

Last I played was just helping folks at random boss fights in DaS3. I think I'm done with this game.

DaS3 artbook: mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0

I'm debating whether I want to make a Luck based character for using Hollow Infusions for Bleed.
I am thinking that you need 30 30 40 Str/Dex/Luck.
I just don't know if its going to be worth it.

Currently just finishing up shit on other characters, now that I have beaten the DLC on my main character.

Just beat the Ringed City and I'm going back and running through DS1 and 2 again
what current build are you working on?
quality in DS1 for sweet UGS damage, pure strangth in DS2 for hammers and great hammers
what fashion are you rocking?
Chester's long coat, thief mask, black iron leggings, black leather gloves
Heide armor and gauntlets, Faraam boots, Drakekeeper helm once I get to the dragon shrine
what fun are you having?
Quite a bit actually. I've never done pure strength in DS2 and it's so satisfying because so many enemies are weak to strike weapons. DS1 I always have fun with until I beat Nito and the Four Kings, then the rest of the game always seems like a slog. I'm finishing up the dlc again.

On the note of dlc I wish Fromsoft would have done something more interesting with the Ringed City. It just feels so much like the base game and the boss fights fucking suck. Gael is just an easier and less cool Artorias, and Midir is a Kalameet ripoff. AotA was amazing and all the dlcs for DS2 were great so it's kind of sad that the dlcs for 3 were so poor. I guess it goes with the rest of the game, as playing through 3 again made me realise how fun and decent DS2 is.

Now that the ringed city has finished the series I can say:

ds1 > demons > bloodborne > ds2 > ds3

Why does Dark Souls 3 give me such conflicting feelings? I really like the level design but hate how linear it is, the combat feels like a huge step up from DaS1 and 2 especially with how weighty the animations feel (Bloodborne not withstanding) but the balance is all sorts of fucked when it comes to weapon types. Straight swords seem to be the most efficient while being the least interesting or fun weapon to use. Even the dlc has me conflicted Ariandel is neat in how the entire level wraps around itself but is way too short, and the lore is just remember DaS1 rather than expanding on the new shit they threw in like the god damn Deep.

Maybe if it were more mechanically sound and didn't have a required stat dump in ADP.

Yeah Das3 lore really bothers me, it opens up more questions than answers.
I mean, what the hell happens at the end of the DLC, what time does it take place ? In the future, the present an alternate reality ? I mean what exactly is the difference between Ashen Ones and Chosen Undead ?
So if Ashen Ones are called back to life because ??? No one else can relight the fire, so then the ones who failed to do so from previous generations are brought back, but then if the whole game is about the "End of the Age of Fire" why the hell are we able to link it at the end of the game ? Or do we not link it and just assume the role of the Soul of Cinder till it goes out ? Because there are two fire endings, one where you "inherit" it but fail, and one where you just outright "link" it.

I guess, if you assume that the painter is going to paint a "new and peaceful world" that the game has a "happy" ending of sorts.

I just like the finality of Dark Souls more, while not every little detail was clear, it made sense. You either sacrifice yourself to the flame to extend the Age of Fire or you say fuck that shit, I'll take my power and rule shit all by myself.
It also really bothered me we never saw the Primordial Serpents ever again, they seem like major players, and its like they are going to die.

Still better than DS3 shit magic and no poise.

Boy, did my stiffy go hollow when I realized that wasn't Londor. Talk about disappointment.

Honestly, I think it's for the best the game doesn't get a sequel. That said, I'm still craving a DLC to wrap up the last unexplored story part - Cainhurst and the Pthumerians.

They're likely dead. Yuria's death line in the JP script at least hints at that for Kaathe as she says she failed to fulfill his final wish.

Side note, just realized I missed the Mad King Crucifix for the one build that could actually use it.
JUST HOLLOW MY SHIT UP

Londor was just a plot device to make an interesting way of stopping the linking of the fire, it wouldn't have been interesting as an area, or at least not as much as the city of the first humans, and certainly not as much as aldritch's deep sea age.

yes please

I'm not much of a magic buff myself, the DS3 actually has a decent middle ground with its reworked poise system. Heavy weapons can reliably trade against lighter ones due to the way poise worse. 2h ultra great weapons and jump attacks can't be parried either, meaning that some trades or engagements can still be worth doing.

I was hoping one of the DLC's would revolve around the Deep as to what the fuck it meant and what the Age of Deep Sea's was.
Im my head cannon, it ties the game to Bloodborne considering all the references to water in Bloodborne, and the whole trek through the Chalice Dungeons and how the events of Bloodborne are all kicked off by finding "ancient blood" down there.

Londor would have been great. You go there as the Lord of Hollows and none of those assholes would dare take a swing at you. Point down right in their faces. "Bow down to your lord, you shits."

As for the Deep, the murkmen seem to imply it's just a offshoot of the Abyss which seems like a stupid cop-out but stupid cop-outs seem to be a common thing in Das3.
Like how they cut the birch woman's dialogue that pretty much confirmed Sulyvahn's origin. Makes me wonder why they even bother sometimes.

Holy fuck how did I manage all those grammatical errors.

So after becoming completely disenchanted with DaS3 after the RInged City failed to conclude anything to my liking it's time for me to work my way backwards through the games, anyone have any recomendations for a gimmick NG run? I've already done a Twin Shield + No rest at bonfires character (base game) and that was the most fun I've had with this series in retrospect so something out there would be interesting.

Were they trying to create the worst level ever or what ?

Power trip does not a good level make. The fact remains that Londor would have looked like most base areas and only story would have saved it.

By any chance do you have a mega link for DS1 and DS2?

And Bloodborne?

Absolutely nothing confusing about WT, you're just a retard.

There is so much fucking shit cut in DaS3 I just odn't fucking get it.
Tons of armor sets and weapons for staters that are in the fucking game but clipped from final release, EVEN IN THE DAMN DLC. There was a unique silver knight armor that was a cross with the Millwood set and a summon for Ledo similar to what the giants did, I bet there were even a bunch of fucking weapons that they sniped. I just don't understand why they left so much on the cutting room floor gameplay wise, I can't even begin to fathom what they fucking butchered story wise.

And yes the Deep cop out really pissed me off too, the entire way they handled Aldritch and the church pissed me off as well. I was hoping for Miyazakis attempt at Bed of Chaos But Good with his fight instead of fucking Gwyndolin

We can say that about almost any hypothetical area. I was just curious to see their city and organization because I always thought Hollows are meant to be borderline zombies but not only are the ones from Londor still with their wits about them, they're conniving cunts. And there's also their pilgrims I still haven't fully understood. And now the DLC has one who was a royal wet nurse which makes even less sense.

I want to hook you up user because I recall getting them from someone's flickr album that had download links but I can't find the damn tumblr account. Starting to think they got removed…

This one has tons of it and I could swear it's the account in question - candlemaiden.tumblr.com/tagged/concept-art
And the second is through which I found them in the first place - lordranandbeyond.tumblr.com/tagged/artbook

Don't get me started on Aldrich, Hitler…

Eat a dick slathered in Charcoal Pine Resin, Miyazaki. Choke on it.

World tendency has to be a certain colour to unlock some paths and cause some events.

Character tendency is the same but with different paths and events.

Apart from player messages there is no fucking way to know which does what where. Backtracking isn't fun when you don't know what you're looking for.

seriously you go arcane you go all in 99 that fucker and your "spells" dont give no fucks about resistances.

Simple, world tendancy goes up when you kill bosses, down when you kill npcs, down when you die. They go toward neutral when you leave and return to the game.

To make sure you get the tendency you want, kill yourself before leaving the nexus if in human form for white tendency. NPC quests happen in pure white tendency, NPC phantoms happen in pure black.

That's testament to the interconnected levels that let you do many things out of order, and the cool items that make you want to do it. That's even without doing unintended skips like early Sen's Fortress or Firesage Skip/Engiyi Drop. It's a crying shame 2 dropped the level design on its head.

What do you think the next "souls like" game will be? And do you think there will be a dark souls 4 or bloodborne 2?

I wouldn't mind a Bloodborne 2, in that the idea of nightmares can be expanded upon, and Lovecraftian horror can be expanded on as well. Imagine if besides enemies and the like changing with insight, areas of levels change/open up into newer locations. Like if there is a big mural of a face in one location, with enough insite the mouth opens to let a new exploration of the location happen.

Yeah Aldrich really could have been done better. The build up to him is fantastic. Pontiff, the invasion area, the destroyed version of one of the series most iconic areas.

The fight however is a let down, but more important the design. Its just a modified Gywndolin fight. And the boss himself is just a steaming shit pile coming out of Gywndolin's ass. It should have been something much more, I was picturing Aldrich taking a form of something similar to The One Reborn.

I don't want a Bloodborne 2. I just want more expansions for Bloodborne, since that game is already really well put together and doesn't strictly need a sequel; it also makes little sense to make a sequel to a game so recently, even though this is the company that basically made DS1-3 and BB nearly at the same time with some overlaps. I want a new concept if they do anything, something with an RPG that isn't based at all in the Dark Souls lore whatsoever. They can expand on the idea of weapons and weapon arts and make something that's really fresh and new and not tied down to any standing IP. BB is an example of what happens when from has a good idea and doesn't feel the need to tie it to the other games besides with the moonlight greatsword

All this chinese girl cartoon crap in DaS3 makes me think they should just do a CUHRAIZEEE action RPG and get that shit off their system.

Though Nioh happened, I'd like to see their take on Japanese folklore, especially if they could make something that's inspired by it and not a historical drama with monsters on it.

I was thinking you'd be fighting the entire room, so to speak. Everything covered in flesh and maggots with appendages and mouths forming from all sorts of places.

I'll always like this fight even if it's nothing particularly special or challenging. I loved seeing the Tower Knight set up return and the music is fuckin' awesome.

Cainhurst-Pthumerian connection yo :^)

I would be interested in what they could do with a modern or futuristic setting with the Blood Souls mechanics.

Yeah, I was talking more just about his appearance, it would make sense that Aldrich is a giant sentient pile of corpses because his lore implies that he was being fed kidnapped children and of course men and lady boy Gods.

The room idea is pretty neat too. Entering the Orn and Smough room but having it completely sludged out would be neat, maybe even Aldrich using the pillars and statues as weapons.

You catch a glimpse of him getting out of his coffin in the prologue and Peckerwood mentions he's just sludge so it I didn't think we'd fight something, well, vertebrate.
But yeah, this is pretty much what you get when devs decide pandering is more important.

Now that I think a bit more about the room idea, it could have used the concept of the Deep with Aldrich flooding the area with stagnant water and waste from his leftovers and the player would have to take the elevator to the top floor for the second half of the fight and maybe there you'd a giant pile of corpses coming out of that pool and attack you like the Old Iron King.

They should've expanded on how aldrich consumes and incorporates his victims into himself. Having him fully devour Gwyndolin at half health and having all the people he's devoured erupt from him like the eva series and rei would've been cool. Especially if from weren't pussies and had him actually devour Priscilla. Half priscilla, half gwyndolin, with the rest of his body featuring all the people he's eaten.

The thing about Aldrich is that he really is fucking dark even by this series standards. Gristly as fuck and they outright say that he eats and tortures children, look at how Horace had his mouth fucked up. Aldritch is the first lord of Cinder that gets any real exposition outside of the opening cutscene and what we hear is pretty hype, the influence of the Church of Deep is felt through all of the mandatory areas (Barring the swamp and that catacombs), you really think a game where they'd be the central antagonist would have made more sense maybe we could have even seen a deposed Allfather Llyod in the process

As for a proper Aldritch battle I'd assume it'd have to be soemthing not as offensive buyt something kind of like Micolash where you have to keep moving around but probably to hit organs\nodes like the bed of Chaos before opening his core which would be his heart. To make it slightly better the destroyed nodes would stay broken if you die while trying to break the heart (the one thing BoC got right). I don't know if I'd want to hear Aldritch speak at all, he's shown to be intelligent still as he can craft miracles but I don't know if I like too much talky in DaS bosses.

I played DS1 for the first time months back. Never really touched Zweihander and went almost total Halberd line (Gargoyle Halberd by the end) with the occasional Black Knight Sword

What are you looking for exactly? What happened to Cainhurst is what happened to the Pthumerian nobles because they're some kind of pure bloodline, not much that needs expanding.

If you want a cool expansion pack, how about whatever the fuck happened to Loran that caused an eternal electric sandstorm and made everything undead, and all of the crazy experiments Irreverent Izzy was doing with the darkbeasts? What about Isz and whatever the Choir was up to, since there seems to be only two of them left?

You know what DS2 and 3 miss? The early locations cluster of DS1, and the lack of teleportation. Those ideas are from DeS, and they should've stayed at DeS.
In DS1, locations intertwine in cool ways, and you can easily get lost in the world.
In sequels, location placement is all linear, sometimes converging in the middle.
In DS1, you had a lot of choice early game. You could have all sorts of armor, various spells and one of almost every weapon type in 15 minutes from dropping at Firelink, and without fighting a single boss. In sequels, all early game characters are pretty much the same, and start to really differ only at the end.

Also, DS1 has the best fashion souls, with every set looking cool as fuck. A good chunk of sequels' sets are just downright shit, and half of the good sets are just DS1 ones thrown in for no reason but to have SOME good armor in the game.

I wanted to make a thread about this. The thing I love most about DS1 is how connected the zones are to eachother. You can sit down and think how you're going to get to somewhere, way up the risks/rewards if there's enemies on the way. I can't think of a game that's designed that well, which is a shame (probably because developers keep opting for the open world meme, which just results in fast travel).

Metroidvanias, but they are 2d, and therefore not as intricate.

This and fluted armor in DeS were my jam.

DaS
Pyromancer, mostly focusing on dex, minor focus on health and stamina.
Pyromancer's set with hard leather boots. Weapon is rickard's rapier.
A moderate amount of fun. First third of the game was okay, beat O&S on my fifth try (don't judge me, never played pyro before and was rusty as fuck), decided to go to the izalith because those fucks are immune to fire anyway so why bother leveling. Once again was reminded that Bed of Chaos is the worst boss in the whole franchise period.

Bed is pretty shit, but can't forget the throwaway one try slugboss that appears 2/3rds through Dark Souls 2.

What the hell are you talking about.

Oh, the avarice demon? I didn't mind him, that location was pretty shit anyway. The only redeeming factor about him is that grab that strips your character of armor and clothes.

The fat thing that just rolls over you in Earthern Rise.

At least it does that thing where it eats you and spits you out without your armor.

I honestly never knew about that. Oh, and another candidate for Soulsborne's shittiest boss: Duke's Dear Freja, or the Nascar boss. You just run in a counterclockwise circle and hit her face every now and then.

Wait, how is it a bad boss? It's an ez as fuck boss, Pinwheel-tier, no doubt, but it's nowhere even near BoC

If we're talking about bosses in the series that can be reliably circle-strafed to death we're going to be here for a while

DaS 1
Pure strength, Great Club +15
On and off between a full upgraded Balder set and a loincloth.
Quite a bit, but this'll be my last Souls playthrough for a while, starting to burn out. Played DeS again right before this.

???

Bed of chaos isn't just shit gameplay wise, it reduces the fucking witch of izalith, one of the most important characters of DaS1, into a pure shitshow. Covetous demon might be shit, but it can't boast wasting a fourth of a game's story.
Also if covetous is your only one-try boss, you're one hell of a casul:^)

What you say here isn't completely correct.

Killing NPC's only affects character tendency, not world tendency.

Tendency only goes neutral if you quit then reload the game while playing online. This does not happen offline.

people still play this game god bless them

Are there any videos of Lost Izalith when it was unfinished and even more shitty than it is in the patched game? Not playing this in its prime time is a regret I will have to bear.

Fast travel is bogus. Morrowind managed without it by having a decent transport network, you didn't even need to go full 100pt jump spell and nonsense to meaningfully get around.

Why would you expect forgiveness for losing to Ornstein and Smough? They're one of the hardest fights in the game, next to the DLC bosses.

Indeed. Speaking of which, are there any preparations being made for when the online community is killed off? It won't be up forever. Thankfully this game stands on its own, but it desperately needs private servers.

Yeah, you sprint, then you turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left until the boss dies.

almost all the enemies in the game either dont bleed or will die before you bleed them

velkas rapier is better then it seems and fun

Might try this for a laugh. Getting that all together at a low level will be difficult but manageable.

About all I've found bleed helpful against are the fatties with the clubs. Even then it's better to backstab them.

I feel like every sequel and DLC to dark souls is just more and more disappointing than the stuff I predict might happen.
In DS3 I was expecting to see the Abyss growing in power to it's ultimate form, not as some throwaway element to the giant Skelly boss. Then we got a DLC that was basically just "remember Ariamis" and not much more, and then the ringed city, a place DEDICATED TO THE DARK SOUL didn't even show the abyss!
Considering how threatening all games seem to say the abyss and the dark should be, it's really fucking disappointing that the most screentime it had was in the first fucking game.
Also, what happened to the cool black/purple and white aesthetic? the red-skull aura just seems like a poor imitation of Bloodborne's blood magic. I don't understand this series' fixation on the least interesting parts of the first game and complete apathy towards the most interesting ones.

I also hate how every game takes place in more or less the same place in the "cycle" (which in and of itself males no sense).
Every game is just the same "the fire is fading" spiel, with the only slightly different element being DS3's more pessimistic attitude towards what will happen after it. If there is this supposed cycle between light and dark, how come we never see the dark period? how come we never get to restart the fire and kick off a light period? or are they implying that the fire never fades enough to get to a dark period? because if that's true then what the fuck is everybody afraid of?

These ganes arent fun for me anymore I'm burned out

I'm quite the opposite. I want a good game similar to DS1 and BB but I keep getting disappointed by the Dark Souls sequels.

That's the problem. They should have never made sequels. At least not direct continuity sequels anyway.

That doesn't seem too hard. The only things that might give you trouble are Quelaag, and getting the right drop from Pinwheel

Ideally, yes.
I'm just worried that DeS, DS1, and BB are the only good games we're going to get out of them.
Let's just hope the next game is original.

Your character looks qt, did you use a texture mod for her?

wildpie is that you?

Isn't vendrick a dark lord?

the ringed city is pretty great tbh, almost on par with DaS1

Do pinwheel, as soon as you hit Firelink.
That way if you dont get the mask it will cost you nothing to restart.
It sucks but if you want a certain mask early you have to rely on RNG.

there's more than one pinwheel

At the top of my head…

IMHO it's got a lot to work with.

Since one of the Third Cord descriptions says Laurence & company's first encounter with the Moon Presence was "precipitated", meaning they didn't expect it to happen, I think that's fairly contradicted at this point, and other language in notes about that night also suggest it was sudden and unexpected. Wouldn't have made sense to burn down the city if they were expecting it to happen.

I'm still holding that I'd prefer to see whatever Tesla Izzy was cooking up and that it would be cool to fight monstrous reanimated hunters

yeah, but not until you place the lordvessel. It's far easier just to bumrush Pinwheel through the Catacombs shortcuts, and keep restarting until you get the mask

If I can get a Beast Claw that lets me shoot Wamuu tornadoes and throw electric charged punches, count me in.
The DLC helped a LOT but I'm still disappointed with that whole beasthood mechanic.

That's my usual strat in all playthroughs and I did. Took about 2 resets to get the one I wanted.

Even buying or farming one later wouldn't be much of a delay since I'll have to get to Anor Londo to get the armor.

Doing centipede will be painful too since I can never get its grab OoB to happen. That's not too far off either.

Because the undead are ostracized to the north.

Souls don't flourish the world unless you sacrifice someone IN the First Flame which is located in the north.

The cycle does make sense, it's a rinse and repeat.

There is no cycle between light and dark, the cycle is the "age of fire". The cycle is about putting fuel (souls) into the first flame. The cycle is just about the dimming and igniting it.

We do restart the fire and kick off the age of fire again, we are already three games in because of it.

You do get to see the end of the cycle, three times actually.

Firekeeper puts out the first flame.
You take the first flame for yourself.
You fight Gael in an age that's on the cusp of another age of grey, a world without disparity.

There's even a hint that there will be different age of fire, a second flame.

The Profaned flame is a flame that doesn't go out, this can be viewed as something that's outside the realm of the first flame.

I can't believe I've had to explain all of this as it's not hidden nor hard to understand.

I had no idea you could actually get here. What really chaps me about this, is why the fuck is it even here ?
This is a whole new painted world, yet this is clearly the tower you fought Priscilla in.

I suppose you could explain some of the pandering away as "muh memes" ala Metal Gear Solid, as such that each successive cycle would reincarnate ideas from the previous cycle, but this pandering shit in the Souls sequels just chaps my ass.

I feel like half of the stories are asspull because they contradict intro from ds1.

so what you're saying is that the abyss was never important or even significant and that the age of dark was a heap of bullshit?

everything contradicts DS1 because the world isn't overrun by abyss-fueled horrors. And no, some muck and a few black snake monsters that aren't really that much worse than the corruption already in the world doesn't really constitute the implied calamity that the ever-expanding abyss was supposed to cause.

dark greatsword
Dark Astora greatsword + dark firekeeper crown thing (dusk crown for dark damage)
should be broken enough

You know Cianhurst and Hemwick Charnal Lane do have good potential for an AotA style flashback episode where you get to see that shit at its height, especially if you buy that guys theory that where you fight the Witch of Hemwick was essentially the governors mansion or some shit, you could have a pretty nice fight in there when it was all fixed up and shit.
Otherwise this guy has a great idea where we can go back to Gothic Horror for a bit and fight some Frankensteins Monsters version of Hunters and see an insane Animoo Tesla with his fucking crazy ass weapons and earthquake generators and shit. It'd definitely be great.

Its a painting. And below it you fight painted Sif. But yes, its most likely reference.

Also in abyss there is no disparity, no shadows.
And humans were just fine, forging weapons and armor in abyss during age of ancients before fighting dragons.
So assumption that abyss will turn everyone into a monster is wrong. And what is monster anyway? World is shown to be so bad, that I can take advice from man eating insect wearing human face as a mask. World is just not suitable for humans to live in. So humans transformed to something else so its perfectly fine.
Wrong. Lords of cinder are not sacrificed, they are linked to the flame/restore link of fire. They are "alive" afterwards. Ashen one on the other hand are made from ash of someone who failed to link the flame. But that is only related to linking of the flame after dark souls 2.
Not exactly. In 1st game you did not put souls into flame, you put souls into lordvessel. You was the one who defeated all the lords of the past. The point shifted more to "become a vessel" which can hold souls and therefore able to control the fire.

It was never implied that abyss will fill the world. Think of abyss as other plane of existence. Its related to humans, but its not always corrupts. You can say that world in the age of fire turning everyone into fire monsters, but you dont call that corruption, right?
And world of dark souls is the multiverse, some players linked the flame, others dont, in the end someone linked it. Even if you consider linking of the flame in 1st game, it was only a temporary measure. Only in 2nd game(in which everything is the beta version of everything in ds3) "people" improved linking of the flame to the point you use several lords+thrones to link the fire.
And the point was world was fucked not because age of fire ended, but because it was restarted too many times.

Age of dark is not the final destination, just like the age of fire its not endless. Gods branded humans to fire, but in 3rd game you are inheritor of both dark souls and the fire, you are in complete control over humanity, with no intervening of the gods whatsoever. But in ringed city it was shown that the world is fucked up anyway, no matter what, and dark soul of humans would be used to paint another world. Which is also separate plane of existence.

You can also see that same place can exist in different variants. Firelink shrine was in darkness in the past version. The point was, no matter what, every ending will take place. But in the ultimate end it will not matter.

No one is afraid anymore. You barely can see anyone who give a shit about anything. People already living with man eating locus and preaching to them. Royal prince dont want to link the fire and wants the world to rot as is. Londor wants to claim fire for humanity and bring the new age for humanity. Demons are dead, humans are dead, lords are dead, everyone sane is dead, only few sane people left. But its okay because new world will be painted "with the blood of dark soul". And its name is Bloodborne.

He is not a lord at all. He quit because he was afraid of Manus. Good job, marrying worst shard of Manus.

Why co-op when you can prevent?

If they had run with the idea of tying covenants and loadouts to different strains of disease which would eventually mutate your character it would have been radical, but these games are designed by committee now and we can't have anyone making some kind of permanent decision that would have consequences like that.

Maybe, I think directly seeing some story events would ruin their effect a little. It might be easy to slap together an expansion around the night of the first Mensis ritual using existing assets but I worry about having that many fire effects on screen at the same time

Also besides it just being a fucking shoutout for MEMBER PRISCILLA I suppose it could be intentional on the painters part, as the world is actually created while the last one burns down it makes sense how you can pick an choose what gets to crossover as a reference, and in story the reason Friede was able to do what she did was because she styled herself after Priscilla, so we can assume that Ariandel had a strong waifu situation with his half dragon and decided to transplant it to a place where he could always stare at it from the Chapel.
None of this fucking explains that messed up looking mannequin in the basement though, they even have a page to it along with the weird stained glass in the art works but its all in fucking moon so hell if I know if there is actually an answer in there

making a new expansion to BB would be difficult, as everything was more or less explained, with very little unexplained great mysteries. The only thing I could think of that would be new or interesting would be to add some kind of new aspect or element to the story. That or just go to space somehow.

Is there a mod adding stances back into DS3 yet?

Truly the lowest you can sink

So about the abyss.

A threat to the age of fire?

Yes.

Significant?

It's never had the chance to be in the events we have played.

The age of dark and the abyss are not the same thing. Age of dark is just term for the age of man (because humanity is a black flame, Kaathe pretty much tells you this in DS1). Ages in Dark Souls are just era's where unique souls have dominion over the world (accept the age of ancients because there was no fire at that point), this is why we have the age of fire and the first flame as two separate entities as they are not the same thing. The abyss is a volatile version of humanity because humanity is unstable due to a human trait "want". Things like obsession spiral humanity out of control which is why you are always told to fear the flame otherwise you will be consumed by it. Cornex even says that about the Cathus pyromancy tome that it delves into the depths of men (humanity, the dark) and rightly fears it as it most likely consume him. The reason we don't get consumed by it is because we are one of the few that have a high tolerance towards it, also gameplay mechanic.

Ds1 pvp is shite for the reason your video depicts.

Lmao, two complete shit shows in a row.
First time we killed the Spear and the fight didn't end.
Second time what I assume is a hacker got summoned in, he was invisible, had God tier damage reduction a guy using a Ledos Hammer was doing 50 damage per swing, spells casted that i havent ever seen before and he also seemed to cast them abnormally fast and he seemed to never run out of FP.

Spear fags need to be punished.

you are already more scummy than he is
if it was made any easier there would be no point for the fucking fight. It would be PVP in the arena

Also monument can completely revert hollowing and restore memories of a hollow and its just a sidequest. What the fuck?

Abyss fucking existed before age of fire, during age of fire and after age of fire. Its just different place! Sometimes it grows, sometimes it shrinks. Primordial man corpse was in the abyss. Humans forged weapons in abyss before they defeated dragons (therefore you can assume they lived there).

What happens in DS3 is that no one came forward to link the first flame so the "bell of awakening" resurrected past lords who linked the fire. How the fuck the bell does this is never explained, all we know is that it happens like we see in DS1 when we ring the two bells and the intro, the start and Nameless King in DS3.

I dunno what I expected.
Are there any gameplay mods for DS3 at all?

It didn't shift from the lord souls being offered to you being the vessel, it was always about sacrificing a powerful soul in the first flame, Gwyn was the first to do it.

You do know that humanity is a flame right? And with it being a flame it came from the first flame. The abyss is a part of humanity but they are not completely the same. The abyss is a symptom of humanity so no it was not there before the age of fire. I mean the intro to DS1 spells it out.

Disparity.

Heat and cold
Life and death
Light and dark.

A shadowless realm is no middle ground, it's absolute.

I'm stuck on moving on from 1, started it in January have not been able to put it down, but last night I finished doing literally everything I could.

Suppose I could do a broken straight sword run.

I have a personal grudge against churchcucks.
First time in there I went in blind, and this faggot got his shit handed to him, then he pulled out a greatshield and hid behind it while the painting guardians ganked me.

I reiterate, Spearfags need to be punished.

Because it's a good video game.
In retrospect it amazes me how much time I put into DS2 despite it being complete fucking garbage.
Oh right stances. I fucking loved stances.
I want stances in DS3 god dammit.

but 2 was better than 3.

Its part of the old ritual started in ds1.
Lords are risen because they are linked to fire and so are you, because you are the same as them, only you are failed lord. Basically same thing with undead in ds1, everyone is rising as an undead, thats all.

These souls existed afterwards. And gwyn soul too, after he was burned. You link the flame, not refueled it.
Wrong again. Witch of Izalith was the 1st one who tried to do it.

That is why I said that ringed city contradicts intro by saying that humans from abyss also fought dragons. But in general its perfectly fine to assume they lived there and gods branded them to the fire.
You just went full retard.
Duh.

No. Not in the slightest.

DS2 had potential before it was fucked by different game engine. And storytelling was filled with "but perhaps… who remembers… what if…". And most of concepts (including concept art) was used for dark souls 3. DS2 is just beta version of ds3.

The only good thing about DS2 was the fashion. But what does it matter if it's in the shit game?

Because co-op tends to be more easygoing. Every time I've been invaded/invadee it's been some PvP jackass.

I am not agreeing with everything but you forget shit translation.

tbh if you don't bow immediately, don't bow at all.

This is new. What was poorly translated?

Dark Souls 2 was 25% absolute genius, like the power stance, the tutorial/starting map and the bastille, bosses like The Pursuer, Flexile Sentry and Lost Sinner. But EVERYTHING, and I fucking mean EVERYTHING else was such dogshit.

Oh right the pursuer was pretty good, felt like actual Dark Souls boss.

Reported.

The most egregious offense is that Ciaran's armor and the two tracers are in the files for the game, they never made it in.

1. Everyone is linked to fire though because souls are fire. I'm not pondering on that I'm specifically pointing out that it's never explained why bells reanimate beings

2. Remnants existed afterwards, DS2 NG+ says this with the lords from that game having hold of them. As for the Witch no she tried to copy the first flame, big difference otherwise I would have mentioned her being the first.

3. There's a difference between abyssal and the abyss. Abyssal is just saying related to. We are dealing with a game that likes using fancy words, TRC doesn't contradict the intro. I prithee understand.

As for calling me a retard you are completely ignoring that to have "man" you need humanity otherwise you're a hollow vessel. Humanity is a flame so it has to appear after the age of fire came about so no yet again the abyss is not before the age of fire.

Don't you mean Archibald?
I figured he would be Tesla, since the Tonitrus reminds me of a tesla coil.

Calm down, son. It's just a game

You're right, I do, Izzy was who he made the Beast Claw for. I'm rusty on the lore.

Fighting Gael as a Phantom is pretty hype.
He is almost like a Raid boss, insane health pool, multiple forms, attacks that will punish the slightest failure and you ALWAYS need to know who he is tanking on lest you get your shit slapped not paying attention.
Pretty fucking fun.

I got to say, this DLC was a positive, it brought me back. Despite the complete lore fuckery, the gameplay is pretty solid.

I'm a spear and I use a 99 Dex, 30 fth, 11 End, 11 Str build with the chaos blade. I've won all but 3 of my invasion against gankers.
I'm also an ultra veteran of these games though so it's expected.
I use less than 10%absorbtion for all physical stats too.

Same here. They're making some better changes regarding balance and the new weapons are great.
I feel that frayed blade is easily the strongest weapon in the game now though, and lightning arrow trivialize all other offensive miracles. Other than that it feels great. Ledo's hammer is perfect

DaSIII
Miracle Pyromancer, Dragoon, Dragon Knight
Lothric Knight Helm, Herald Armor, Nameless Knight gauntlets and leggings
The kind of fun swinging around a raw flamberge or raw astora sword at low levels gives. Two shotting invaders feelsgoodman.

I'm finishing my first run on BB, and I'm having a blast.
Just got the pizza cutter, cool shit.

So who liked music in First Person games anyway? All in all I'm fairly interested. But jesus fuck the spook factor. Especially with the aged graphics. Also where's this "Asylum Demon" everybody says will kill me? I don't even think I'm in an asylum.

BB is a beauty. I'm currently doing a Powder Keg themed run, so the gear as well as the weapons. Boom Hammer, Stake Driver and Whirligig Saw are pure sex.

wat

making Casca into a nigger was a mistake

I almost always unflood New Londo first thing and take the Fire bombs as my starting gift so I can obtain the Demon's Great Hammer. It's just more fun that way. Or I head down to Vamos so that I can unlock the Fire upgrade path. I also never ever kill the Taurus Demon so that Undeadburg is always open for PvP (even though I don't PvP much).

I killed him on my very first try, first run, slam jammed without the balista. I was fat rolling too, didn't use a shield, just went in two handing a heide straight sword.

Shadow Tower's okay, the sequel's great. Overall I preferred King's Field.

For trivia, the first boss you'll fight in Shadow Tower has an enlarged, beast-like left arm which stretches and also takes bonus damage, which is probably why the Cleric Beast / Ghastly Beast have an enlarged left arm. That impaled torso and the head shape are also probably what inspired Gundyr.

no, you can enable boost mode which allows it to run at its 30 fps cap much more consistently but it's still 30 FPS capped

ohhh, I always thought it was because that was the arm they jerk off with.

fuck

>There are parasitic organisms that live inside dead corpses and lung at prey that happen to inspect them
Boy oh boy I think I took a wrong turn into the Catacombs. I hear there's a lot of skeletons but I've only happened upon 1.And It was in a dark fucking hallway when I turned around, jesus fuck this game doesn't joke around Still not as scary as the acid skulls

Also should I be using the soul bottle things? I think these level me up but I don't know what any of the stats do. Is it taboo to look this up as it might have been provided in the manual? Not sure.

Why

Manus slipped my mind, that's probably the root of the idea. Then again they were trying out a lot of proto-Bloodborne things in AotA.

Building your character one way or another is really not that important in that game

Yea but I figure it would make it easier to deal with skeletons and the like. At the very least will building 1 stat extremely high make any significant difference?

You can try out one of the soul bottles for yourself and see, they don't give many points relative to how many stats you have and how much a point contributes to that stat. I'm sure there's some equivalent of min-maxing possible but you're not going to lose your way into a corner by investing the points poorly

Just killed demon prince in NG+ and I was surprised to see how much easier he is without help. Second try, 12 estus due to waiting for my summon on spears,never ever not really too bad of a boss honestly now that I look at it.
Also where my wheel bros at?

Some reports of just what went down during the development of DaS 2 would explain just why it turned out the way it did. Tanimura got the brunt of the hate, but based on unfounded reports from a few anons on cuckchans /dsg/ back in the day, Tanimura was trying to salvage the remains of DaS 2 from a previous supervisor, who wanted the game to be almost entirely reliant on the torch. Kind of like what we saw in the early demo where everything was fuckdark. Tanimura was then cast into saving this shitheap after the dev team spent countless hours trying to make it all work.

Nobody except FROM knows for sure, but the info these anons gave made a lot of sense really. Shit like the torches, sconces, and odd design choices in the levels give this notion some truth. There is a bunch of shit I left out, because I don't remember it all. That's just the gist of it, and the only real noteworthy stuff anyways.

Did somebody say wheel?

Alfred wheel. Alfred deal.

It's a good day to praise the good blood

Also corroborated by LobosJr

Am playing a souls game (DS2:SotFS) for the first time after a few false starts. Pretty gud. My enjoyment peaked about 20 hours in, now getting to the end, and I'm almost over it. Set up as some Roman/Greek hopolyte looking dude,

Entire last third of the game has felt more annoying rather than the thrilling challenge in earlier parts.

A lot. Google it.

I cant calm down. You cant just say that narrator was a lying bitch.

what's the best pre-demon's souls medieval from softare game?

made it more accurate

I probably have some sort of mild autism. I lose hours in character creations until whatever comes out if attractive. I remember my first run through Dark Souls on the build that eventually I got the "Dark Soul" on, I kept a helmet on him the entire time because his horrid face severely agitated me. I now will spend a good hour making the character come out the way I want.

That being said, Bleed/Luck Edgelordfu Build coming in. Im not sure whether Hollow, improves the Bleed Aux on weapons as well as leveling Luck, but I am going to try both regardless, the luck with a Sharp and Hollow using Carthus Rouge.

I have a real soft spot for King's Field 2. The real one, the one on an island, not the one in a big field. That's 3.

The most universally liked one seems to be Shadow Tower Abyss. It's sweet, has multi-directional weapon swinging, limb dismemberment, great enemy animations, cool abstract designs. It was also the first game to knock out your shield and give you a gun instead, before Bloodborne did it. It's probably the better game, but I do like KF2 more.

Your grammar fucking sucks
Luck increases bleed and poison per hit or something to that effect, and using a +10 hollow weapon increases your luck by 5 points, making it a good idea to offhand something that is hollow if you don't use it in the main hand. If you're doing a scum man build I suggest something fast and light, like a straight sword, so you can add up the bleed really easy. The best weapon for bleed in my opinion is the flamberge, and you can make that hollow instead and not lose the bleed.

Now that you said it, I remember there being a metric shitton of things you could light on fire, only for it to do fuck all in that game.

Does the Astora Straight Sword scale with Faith in 3?

Alright so the Hollow infusion has no bearing on the bleed per hit just the Luck skill ? Then is the +5 to Luck really worth it ?
It seems like it would be better to just try and get the most AR out of the weapon with Sharp infusion and just use a Carthus Rouge with a weapon that has a bleed aux.
Ill guess Ill just have to use a calculator to check it out which is better at 40 Luck/Dex. I was already considering the Flamberge, as well as the BarbedSS, Uchi, Warden Twinblades, Corvian Greatscythe and maybe one of the Carthus weapons.
I didn't even know the Flamberge was in this game, you rarely ever see it.

The +5 luck is basically for laughs.

What's the cancer tier for filling all attunement slots with say, WotG?

Someone help me please.
I just killed Freide for the first time and used the bonfire to get to the next area. Im getting 14 fps when looking certain directions, does it get better onwards or am i fucked?

That first area kills fps if you look over the ridge the pilgrim is looking over, but when you get deeper into the DLC it runs better.

Depends on which game, dark souls, its pretty fucking cancerous. And in Das2 it can fucking one shot people.
In DaS3 WoG is much more tame, only really effective if you are being ganked and can run out of sight while being pursued, its way to slow and telegraphed for 1v1's.

why are the people in the spear fight so cancerous

Speaking of cancer
just fucking use what you like, I usually trash people no matter what I use because DS has always been about using smart tricks to defeat enemies rather than going completely headstrong. You can make any of those weapons work if you just work at it.
plebian
The game is about stat investments, you can't go by something like a minmaxed or 40/40 build because only faggots go by that shit

Lot of mid-tier weapons are total pub-stompers below 50.

Besides the higher tiers being filled with straight swords, I'm honestly surprised with most of that list then again I'm just a stupid asshole who mostly plays just for PvE.
Guess I fucked up with the Splitleaf halberd as I'm using it with my DEX character.

parries were a mistake

When DaS came out for PC, I played it on my toaster at 10-15 FPS and on keyboad only since the mouse was horrible. After playing all the other games I decided to go back to DaS and try it with a controller.

For the most part I still think it's the best of the Souls games. I haven't played DeS due to no PS3. Just beat Biggie and Smalls, going with Knight and Zweihander +10 right now, enjoying it. The only thing that's really changed is that in later games your reactions are quicker, bosses have more health. Still, going into the Tomb of Giants again and those dogskellingtons is still spooky and they hit hard as ever.

Jesus man, Russians are Brazil tier.

It probably would have been less cancer if it wasn't obvious that they are using guides to get through the game, looking up ways to just cheese through all the content, its DSP tier.

Why is magic so shit in this game? Also, how much endurance is needed for magic users? I always go with around 30-34, but I thought I should ask if any changes were made. I know that around 35 vigor is needed, but is that different with the dlc?

I just don't like pvp. Backstabs are too worthwhile, and too easy to get, which makes most exchanges about who can get the backstab first. Latency is also another huge issue that I can't seem to adapt to. I will admit that it's fun to lure people to their own demise by using enemy mobs or environmental traps against them, but I can't do it for a prolonged period of time without getting bored. In fighting games, there's a way to punish people who do nothing but block, and it usually involves throws, special attacks, or attacking the part of their body that is exposed. In DaS, these sort of countermeasures just don't seem to exist. DaS3 has weapon arts, and shield durability has generally been reduced, but hosts are given a shit ton of stamina, so they don't need to block as much anymore. It makes being aggressive a pain in the ass, and most exchanges boil down to who can stunlock the other person first.

Yeah, yeah, "git gud". There's nothing to git gud at, unless you count parrying or backstabs, the effectiveness of which are mitigated by latency. All of this makes me realize why people cheat and why people twink; it's because the pvp by itself isn't really deep enough to be interesting without using some gimmick to make yourself feel like you're smarter or more powerful than other people.

The only PvP in a Souls game is 2, and it's because the dev team was full of PvP autists that understood how to make it good. DaS 3 is a mix of DaS and 2, but with very little of what made 2 good, so the end result is just horrible.

*Only good PvP

somehow I made a webm without any sound.

DaSII is good if you want to do fight clubs or duels, but invasions suck ass in that game. There's an invasion timer, and soul memory forces you to try and reach the level cap, and you don't get a whole eye orb for infinite invasions, and the host can kill every enemy in the area until they stop spawning, and then summon for a gank squad. The mechanics might be somewhat better than 1 and 3 but overall it's just too much of a hassle. I'll stick to co-op, I guess.

So were back stabs. Nothing we can do though.

I'm replaying DaS for the first time in 5 years, fully solo since the last (and only time) I played it, I cheesed every boss by using co-op.
My build for this run is Black Knight Sword + Black Knight Shield + any armor as long as I'm not fast-rolling or fat-rolling (because bosses are way too easy to cheese with fast rolls as well).
Every single boss until now has been a complete joke, since they all move so slowly that they feel like they're standing still - even the much memed Ornery and Smug basically just farted around and let me beat them to death.
I just hit a snag, though, against Artorias, since his movement and aggression seems more up to later DaS series standards.
I've tried him a few times so far, and gud has not yet been git. My black knight sword takes about 2 full seconds from the start of a swing until recovery, down to 1.5 if I roll out of the recovery. I can dodge all of Artorias' attacks with mid-fat just fine, but so far the only opening that leaves me enough time to counter-attack is his super DBZ dive attack. Every other time I try to counter, I eat immediate hot shit.

Does anybody have experience fighting him with mid-rolls and extremely slow-swinging weapons? I could use some tips. "git gud" is also acceptable, and is all I honestly expect

You just got to learn when to punish him. If i remember correctly, his jump attacks are the punishable ones.
Also, bring a bow and some arrows, when he goes to buff himself, you can knock him out of it with a couple headshots keeping him from being buffed will greatly increase your survivability.

I just got done with a Black Iron Tarkus playthrough. Ultra Greatsword and slow roll. Tank some hits if you can, otherwise just pick your shots carefully.

And yes, using BKS is going to trivialize the game.

Playing much more patiently now, going for maximum opportunism, and I just got him to 30% before mis-timing a super-dive and eating shit. I think it's going to work. Thanks, anons.

The damage makes the fights faster for sure, by cancelling out the Boss Sponge Factor, but the real difficulty of boss fights is usually less about damage output and more about mitigation/avoidance. Until Artorias, I can't recall a boss that even managed to hit me. It's funny - I remember having so much trouble with the bosses in this game the first time I played it, but after years of playing 2&3, it feels like these bosses are all half-asleep. Artorias is a heck of a wake-up call.

Demon's Souls, i'm clearing out ng+
Strength and Resistence with a bit of faith and int.
Currently level 127 and able to equip Dragon Bone Smasher w/ Silver Shield and Yurt's armor mixed with the wood armor for max anal rape.
I'm using a broken beast's talisman (without the stat requitements) to cast cursed weapon/ second chance, i honestly doubt there is a build stronger than this.
I also got soulsucked to completion on my secondary character so i could make a pvp optimized build designed to invade as the Old Monk.

Artorias is now the one who has eaten the shit.
I was having a lot of trouble consistently dodging that dive-attack, since it seems to have a lingering hitbox, so I hugged him to prevent him from doing it.
His flip-slash is punishable if he does a triple, otherwise he recovers and moves before I can hit him. It turns out his most punishable attack was his lunge-stab, but I couldn't find a way to bait it, so I just had to wait for it to come around his rotation.
Patience pays off.

Why would they ever make spears shit?

Your story reminds me of my own first run. I was lucky to score a BKS early on and it carried me to the end of the game. The fight with Artorias was one of the few times I grew a pair and fought him with no shield.
And yeah, after the sped-up chinese girl cartoons in DaS3, DaS bosses look like they were made for every possible weapon to get a hit in without baiting that one single attack that leaves bosses wide open. :^)

Anyway, the real fun starts on the next fights.

Probably difficult to implement but I think it would be interesting if the covenant work in a way that spears were summoned in the same number as the player and the phantoms. Start off with a slightly spongier Guardian just to stall them enough for the giant to summon 3-4 players.
Then again, I say this as a solo player who'd like to have a Old Monk throw back and not deal with a gank squad and leave the place looking like a fuckin' pin cushion from taking a million homing knives.

Have fun with Manus and Kalameet if you thought Artorias was difficult

I feel like the strength requirement for the paired greatswords should have been at least 50 or 55. 40 is too low. I mean the Fume UGS requires 50 strength.

You know, I hear people talking shit about the berserk-mode DaS3 bosses all the time, but I never really understood the hate. They're tricky, but I've beaten them all solo with everything from spears to UGS to greathammers. I beat Gael and Midir to death with that pimp-as-fuck Ledo Great Hammer, even. The only one that gave me a significant concentration of fucks was Friede, and even though her anime powers were amped up to a ridiculous degree, I still had a blast learning how to plunder her booty hole.
I hear the DaS3-Bloodborne comparison alot, though, and I've never played Bloodborne, so maybe that's where it comes from.
On the other hand, DaS2's bosses do deserve most of the hate they get, since it feels like at least 70% of them are "great big humanoid" types. Looking Glass Knight at least had a great aesthetic and gimmick, but the rest didn't really have any excuse.

I remember Manus having a trick that trivializes him, but I don't remember what that trick is so that'll be interesting to re-discover.
I remember Kalameet making me almost snap my controller, though, so there's tears coming for sure. Can't wait.

Thanks!

Oh my fuck what is this weapon? Who thought this would be a good idea?

I prefer the one man boss type thing, but I need a beefier health bar or something. I'm eating shit with 48 vigor against 4 or 5 fucking tears of denial faggots

Holy shit, how long is your health bar? For me, Vigor has always been the stat that I never put any points into. Once, in DaS2, I went to ~20, and it felt like such a waste.

I feel like big ass strength weapons are the easiest way to beat the anime bosses in DS3. I beat Gael in 2 tries with the Fume ugs, and Friede, while I died 3 or 4 times in the first 2 phases, beat her the first time I hit the 3rd phase. Dex builds are obviously better for killing the average enemy, but I almost never had trouble with bosses in DS3 going pure strength like I did with my previous dex build.

I love it but I hate the fact the the strength requirement is way too low and it scales with faith and int. If it was like Ledo's hammer and required a shit ton of strength and only scaled with str, and maybe dex, it would be perfect.

I don't know about that guy's build, but when I play a str build, I like to have as much health as I can

1369 hp, bar goes to the middle of the screen abouts, maybe more. It's not DS1 levels where you could make that bitch stretch full screen.

the scaling in faith and int is only for the flame attacks, like tonitrus with its arc scaling or wheel.

I wish i knew that.
I killed it without that, and some of the spells he does are almost unavoidable, and dealt 80% of my HP every time.
What a fun fight it was.

Yeah, my first playthrough of DaS was, in many ways, not a legitimate run. I'm making up for that now.

Right hand on mouse
Left hand on stick

I was trying to make myself play through DS3 but now I think i'm going to go back to DS1
In DS3 i'm using Vordts frost hammer but i'm probably going to experiment with some of the greatswords. In DS1 i'm going to do a spears only build until I get Ornstein's armour and spear at which point it becomes an Ornstein cosplay build.

Speaking of brand new runs, I want to do something like a dark knight run; it's like the opposite of a paladin, using hexes, buffing with dark sword type things, still sword and board, thinking of dark set or dark and steel mixed up for that poise I'm looking for. I feel like this is going to be a gross stat investment mixup, but the basic deal will be minimal Str/Dex quality, high quality fai/int, and high health and stamina like my recent poise runs, because high poise is actually the fucking shit.

3, getting fucked by Midir since a few hours.
Im having a lot more fun with DS3 since i switched to STR builds. Still, something's missing. I don't know if the game is flawed or if im just fatigued with the series.

If you're not using Ledo's Great Hammer, then that's what's missing. That thing is such a goddamn joy to swing around, and it has a 2-Stage special - the first stage covers it with rocks and increases your attack damage by about 20% and lasts about 75 seconds, and the second stage makes the rocks explode in an AoE. I never really use the second stage.

Theme builds make for the best runs for sure. The only problem I can see with your Blackguard build is how early you can grab Dark Blade and such. If you're doing it strictly for PvP fun, then that doesn't really matter, though.

It ain't me
I'm going to definitely be using all the early game tricks to rail 4 kings as fast as possible, and then I just need to farm humanity, and that just takes three areas really. I'm hoping this build isn't' a pile of shit, but my armored core idea worked great, this should too.

Have any tips for someone who is playing the first game for the first time?
I'm playing as a knight and I'm in Blighttown fuck toxic darts

Im using it

>I somehow didn't get lost

General tips are really hard, since the gameplay is so open-ended.
Have lots of purple moss and blooming purple moss (farmed at a high rate from plant people in darkroot) on hand, and grab the Spider Shield from the Depths to completely negate the toxic buildup of darts you block.
Also dart-spitters don't respawn when killed, so hunt those fuckers down.

Get a bow or throwing knives for the aids bugs; block DON'T dodge the boss' AoE explosion.

You may want to get a ring from the Undead Asylum that lets you move better through swamps.

Were phantoms always transparent? Am i going insane?

Slumbering dragon ring and ring of obscurity

>not just telling him to git gud
words fail me

Unless he gits gud, all the advice and tips in the world won't help him anyway. Skill is one part theory, one part technical.

i think you mean dat ass

what I meant was spider cunt

biggest disappointment tbh

On a side note, why do people give Darklurker such a harsh rep? Guy was piss easy. This was my first time fighting him, and everything he did was so easily dodged and choreographed, that I couldn't help but wonder "is that it?" The reason I never fought him in original DaS 2 was BECAUSE people hyped him up as some end all be all boss.

Also Quelaag has multiple cheesy ways to kill her, but she's not a difficult fight even legitimately.

Depends on your build. Melee should go for this. Sorcerors should do some HP unless going glass cannon, and only enough END for fastroll.
Without a shield it's almost essential against some enemies. New players should use the wolf ring. Even with a shield it's still not a bad plan, especially for a melee build.
Indeed. For running speed alone you want to be under 25% equip.
They're probably the most important thing for a new player until they get proficient at dodge-rolling. Heater is an old standby for 100% phys block, early/starting availability and light weight.
All solid choices indeed. Choose one that has a moveset you want.
One of the Quelaag cheese kills with a long overhead swing weapon like great scythe. Generally a pain to do though especially with spells.
Pretty much. Shield is what you use for damage reduction/negation. Armor contributes bugger-all.
That and play more defensively when first fighting a boss to see how they work.

post discarded
fatroll for life

Suffering to the nth degree.

the point where I realized the build may be too strong is when I was tanking hits from gwyn and had no care in my heart, and I killed him with such nonchalance that I accidentally beat the game before getting to the DLC area. I would have loved to see how super tank deals with what I thought were difficult areas.

so, is there any word on what fromsoft are working on now?

Likely a new Armored Core. Miyazaki said in a interview they were working on three different titles and mentioned a new AC being one of them.

the jews got in my head lads, I'm done.
Either way, my skull knight is not a skeleton just yet, He's just skin sticking to bones at this point. I'm trying to stay low leveled to be summonable, but I'm doing shit damage to sif with sword and board. By the time I get to four kings I hope I get the stick out of my ass. Keeping with my high health high poise as well, I got the stone set early and the fatroll is still the best roll in the game.

user just get the key to unflood New Londo and get the Very Large Ember. Also take a quick trip down to Lower Undeadburg to kill Kapra. Unlock the depths to get the Large Ember. farm Dark Wraths and Lower Blight town for upgrade materials. Damage is largely from meeting prime requisites, scaling is not really that important in DkS1. There are a million ways to become powerful without leveling and without killing many bosses. Easiest way to get the Key for New Londo is ether ranged attack Cheese with a bow to kill Ingward. Or to Jump past the gap ouside "Inward Building" and run behind it up the steps. Then jump on the roof with the item. lure as many Ghost outside to the top (away from the ladder) and then quickly jump in through the window closest to the chimney, (possibly quickly throw on some armor for poise if you are fast) and cross your fingers climb back to the roof. If you do it in time the ghost will lose aggro and you will be free to chain back stab Inward to death. You can have a +15 weapon before killing Taurus Demon and the Reinforced Club's bleed damage is insane (if you are SL1).

webm related if you are having trouble with Capra.

Dark Souls 3, beat the DLC yesterday

My STR. build, its the first if done so far even though i played 1, 2 and 3 for about 600 hours

great fun, i didnt expect the DLC to be this good, Ledos hammer PvP is best

Tell me, did I at least manage to make a not-shit face this time?