CRT Thread

Man, look at this old shit. This TV is older than my mother, and it looks like fucking shit. Still, I found it tucked away in the basement. I'm surprised it even works at all. It doesn't even have composite inputs, I had to use an RF to RCA converter.

So CRT thread I guess.

fuck off

Fight me.

do it niggers

I know that for today's standards these TV's are shit but I really like them for playing my old SNES, nothing beats the feeling of 16bit on a shitty TV

I have been meaning to play some of my light gun games now that i have a CRT. It is a smaller tv so i do not know if the accuracy of the light gun will be very good if that is even a thing.

Playing older games on a shitty TV is better than playing them on a newer one. Its like watching a fucking gif.

Tell that to Furious Paul

>FUCKING GARBAGE

Are CRTs really a meme after all? Is there one that's small, decent, and easily available?

Why don't non-sec monitor Ikegami's ever pop up on eBay?

I'd sooner order one straight from China than poke around out here in the sticks.

are you playing vc games? They're fucking awful. see example: kirby adventure vc vs kirby adventure emulated vs actual kirby adventure

I don't know about availability but the Panasonic TC-14S15A isn't bad. It's small and it looks Ok. Not the best, but it werks.

It's a lightgun. You shouldn't have a problem with accuracy as long as it's a CRT.

Indeed. 2D games look pretty good on this TV, but 3D games? Oh fuck no! Still, it's free so I can't complain.

It's all emulated on retroarch or various console-specific emulators.
Even if I turn on integer scale, even if I force the correct aspect ratio, it still looks like smeared, blurry garbage because it's doing SD component output to a 1080p TV.

Fuck off, underage faggot. I remember playing my Collecovision and 2600 on an old black and white CRT encased in wood as a kid. Old consoles definitely look better on CRTs than modern TVs.

Small you say? A gamegear with the tv tuner and rf to mono headphone jack

get a wii u, it has a hdmi out and does everything a wii and gamecube does with homebrew, of course and requires additional purchases for gamecube controller support + offline exploit

I got a nostalgia rush just looking at this.

I want you guys to cut your dick off with glass from having sec with CRTs already.

I'd probably buy a 14" PVM for $150 if I found one locally, but fuck spending $300+ to have one shipped. I don't even know where I'd put the thing, I'd have to rearrange the entire room. Nothing against CRTs, they make old games look fantastic, but I haven't the space, consoles, or RGB modding desire to get the most out of it.

This thread is for hipsters but you're playing games that made use of how CRTs work to look better so of course they look like poo on a LCD.

Posting in an ebin meme thread.