Ai reads your input

how did anyone ever think this was a good idea

Other urls found in this thread:

web.media.mit.edu/~jorkin/gdc2006_orkin_jeff_fear.pdf
fd.fabiensanglard.net/quake3/The-Quake-III-Arena-Bot.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's the last of us. They react "human like"

It's one of the few ways to make AI an equal opponent.

More.

I'm reminded of dark link from zelda II.
I have no idea how they programmed it to copy your moves, except faster.

in my case it's street fighter 2
the moment i press a button, the ai is already attacking me and since i've just input something, i can't block

It's a placeholder for intelligent AI. Just wait until self-learning bots become a thing in the next 5 years.

It's funny because a lot of shovelware has crazy difficulty AI because they're implemented in retarded ways

Source.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
I swear you've not meant to win unless you cheese the fuck out of your character's special moves.

Hello.

i wish.

good fucking luck being original

closest thing i can offer you is karate master 2 knock down blow
but it's kind of bullshit since there are random moments when you can get oneshot

Does testing the player on his abuse of bugs or unforeseen glitches constitute a perfectly valid and legitimate element of gameplay? This question has been bugging me for a while now.

play on easy mode you fucking baby

We already did that

what makes you think that technology will see use in video games within 5 years? self learning bots will only see use for sorting through collected data and images. nothing fun, everything jewish

There were major talks in and out of the gaming industry of "intelligent AI" that could adapt over time, becoming smarter. Course this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm fairly certain the new big thing in gaming will be having realistic AI that learns by itself (assuming we're even making sp games). All they really need is to recognize and remember patterns and adapt to them.

AIs are better than human opponents in any genre outside of strategy.

OH
LET ME GET STARTED ON MORTAL FUCKING KOMBAT 3. MOTHERFUCKING, EVERY MOVE HAS BUFFER FRAMES EXCEPT JABS SO THE AI CAN READ YOUR INPUT AND START A FUCKING COMBO ON YOU ON THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY
IT'S FUCKING RETARDED AS SHIT AND I GODDAMN HATE IT.

Programming something like that is extremely basic shit actually.

The golem always turns on them. Remember Tay.

That's the gist of why this doesn't happen, we've had the tech for decades.

I remember that trying to throw the AI was impossible because they'd ALWAYS counter by throwing you first. I have no idea how their throw always overrides yours, because they always wait to do it at the exact moment you try it, so it's not like their throw comes out first. It's like they just decided the player should go fuck himself and made a special rule so your throws never work.

Capcom games were really bad with AI watching you inputs too when it came to many ps1 and dreamcast fighting games. I also remember in many of their titles if you lost the opponent(s) would become easier but if you consistently won the opponents got harder.

probably not so much a "good idea" but the only idea on hand

Relevant.

It can work, those tons of projects about making an AI learn how to play Mario often talk about the AI finding what works and what doesn't.

Reminder that Quake 3 had that shit. It was fascinating how they shilled it, when bots were million times worse than the ones in Unreal Tournament.

Someone post that story about the bots who learned so much they stopped doing anything

It can be really fun, OP.

Literally the first image on Google you retard.

It's fake, why even bother.

Todd makes goal oriented programmed AI, not learning AI.

You leave the game running while you sleep, you wake up and the AI has learned that doing anything is an effective strategy.

Programming wise, it's the only way to do it. You have really two ways to do AI awareness:

1. The AI is given a view of the game that matches what a player would see, and reacts accordingly
2. The AI is given the game state, or some subset of it, and reacts in a set way

1 is obviously ideal, but it's not feasible. No game does this because it's prohibitively computationally expensive. You'd need to render an entire other view and then use some sort of computer vision to let the AI see it and determine what it's looking at, and then decide what to do from there. Every step takes more processing power than the entire rest of the game does.
2 is what is realistically done. The issue isn't that the AI "reads inputs", as that is all you really can do. The issue is that the AI system isn't tuned in a way to make it believably realistic (in a fighting game, for instance, each attack should have specific cues for the AI, such as "A: point where it becomes clear that motion is happening", "B: point where it becomes clear whether player is moving or button input happened", "C: point where it becomes clear whether player is attacking or defending", and "D: point where it becomes clear exactly what attack is being performed", with the AI learning player attack patterns during the match and also playing with a human-like reaction time. The problem is that most AI systems aren't this exact. Most systems are just "AI has reaction time and reacts to attack" without regard to how a real player would perceive the attacks, so you have things like the AI reacting with their given reaction time, but still before a human player would have been able to given the specific situation.

Throws usually do end up doing a fair bit more damage than regular moves, and there are assholes that will abuse their priority by outright spamming them. It's a bit much, but it's probably one of the only means of deterrent they had at the time.

Sucks shit

how can someone make a program like that yet subscribe to every neat sounding factoid that shows up on the internet?

:^)

why even live

0 effort out of 10

I take what I can get

This is like in street fighter 2 where ai bison or guile can do an immediate psycho crusher/flash kick without moving, let alone holding backwards or down. It's bullshit. Haven't played any recent street fighters, but I imagine it's still probably an issue.

Git gud nigger

Mortal Kombat 2 general? I have literally NEVER beaten that game with a single character as two battles in the enemy simply proceeds to throw me to death no matter what i do, and yes, i do know that arcade machine were supposed to steal money from children but there is being cheap (SNK) and broken like mk2.

in that case it just comes down to familiarity and routine like standard ai

Boon is a hack, you cant even use your characters special moves in MK2, they dodge perfectly every time once you get to about the 5th opponent on the ladder.

SFA3 on arcade is not only cheap with Bisons psycho crusher which can nearly one shot you if you don't block but if you lose once you get a game over and have to start from the beginning.

Usually that means that you should wait for the AI to act and respond to it. Or alternatively just abuse the AI by tricking it using this knowledge.

More like throw you to death.

Twice

How are you actually supposed to fight that fucker without cheating (i.e., crouching in a corner while throwing hits, like a coward)?

Interesting read about the AI in FEAR

web.media.mit.edu/~jorkin/gdc2006_orkin_jeff_fear.pdf

is this dulce report

he isn't. you should recognize now that you are the retard.

to elaborate on what he is saying "because only a small portion of your neurons are actually connected and working at any given instant, people began to say that you only use 10% of your brain" which is obviously a gross misunderstanding but he's not propagating the dumb shit, he's explaining where it came from

will it eventually be able to learn how to complete a course using only half an a press?

This is how the android rights activists created…

LMAO, no. Mashing random buttons until you get closer to a human-defined success state is NOTHING AT ALL like 37.2 trillion cells working in perfect harmony to create consciousness.
Creation is the ONLY logical explanation as to the origin of human life, period. End of story.

You fucking casual pussies. Games are not supposed to be your hugboxes, they're supposed to be steel coffins with barbed wire. You fucking scrubs.

I never get why people think it's more logical for an omnipresent magical force to be responsible for our existence. It seems to me like creationists are just too arrogant to accept that they can't explain everything so they come up with solutions that are easy for them to understand and concise for them to explain no matter how much they rely on flimsy assertions and magical thinking. And, when alternative explanations are presented with evidence: they retreat into their shells because they think its a threat.

You say that but we have proof of evolution
We have experiments done over a reletively short amount of time (50 years) in terms of Evolution and there still is huge deviations in results

There's this world where mankind lives in an apple orchard. Tall trees ripe with fruit, yet impossible to climb. Humans jump and flap their arms in a desperate bid to pick most of the apples, even those on the higher branches which taste much better.

1. Humans can jump, but they cannot fly. Although they have learned how birds fly by flapping their wings, naturally they cannot achieve the same with just their arms.

2. However a specific group of humans has bigger hands, 1 millimeter larger in size. Such genetic anomaly does not make a difference of course, and none can fly. Yet, that slight bonus to aerodynamics allows these men to grab 1 extra apple in their lifetime. Giving them an edge in survival.

3. Fifty generations later, the anomaly is still present and stacks with another: some humans have thinner bone tissue, 1 milligram lighter than normal. This generation also increases their odds of survival, as they pick up one apple faster than somebody else, once in their lives.

4. Ten million years later, these anomalies have organized in an incredibly complex organ. Built for a specific purpose, yet assembled by trial and error. Through incredibly small gains, amidst overpowering random deviance. Humanity finally evolved their wings!

THIS IS WHAT EVOLUTIONISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

i wanna fuck a harpy

git gud, the AI in that game isn't that good.

Prove to me what you said isn't reality

It's pasta. The meaning is that when the change is too small to be functional, the random variations would sabotage any plan that requires grand sustained development.

Look up Russian Fox experiment

Take your shitty opinions and go the fuck back to /christ/ you mongoloid.

God damn motherfucker, you're retarded.

Plenty of harpies around in the real world. Go knock yourself out.

You could have just told me to look at any dog breed.

This game has them. Basically it'll learn when you do shit too frequently and get better as you go along.

i'd cut the exact part out of one of the latest streams but I don't wanna wait six hours as my laptop chugs very slowly through the conversion.

I bet you don't go around correcting people, when they say that "evolution caused this and that". When there is actual force which guides the change, but there are just the circumstances leading to the survival of a specific bunch of the population.

webm for future generations.

It's genuinely not as big of a deal as you think.

Because it is simple. It takes input - in this case from social media, which is a limitless well of data - and processes it. And compares it to more data. And reprocess all of that. And so on and so forth, until it's able to generate something coherent. On a technical level it gets more complex, but that's the gist of it.

You do this "training" long enough, and you can get a half-decent chatbot. Tay wasn't even really special, but there's a massive selection bias with her. Holla Forums threw so much information at the bot that statistically, it had to return some amusing tidbits, and those were selected for their humor, processed into OC, and distributed. So the entire thing was really way less advanced than it looks - it's just that we only saw the good bits, not the nonsense replies.

I'm not sure how this has been applied to vidya games in practice yet, save that I've heard there are ridiculously good Starcraft AIs made by Blizzard. Makes sense, just use recorded games from top players for training until the AI can mimic them closely enough for a good game result. You've even got a clear win/loss condition for it to learn by. I read some copypasta about how Quake 3 bots used a simple neural net and learned to not fight unless attacked first after an empty server ran for far too long.

It'll be neat to see simple AI making it into games and training off of players at some point. No time soon, though. And keep in mind, in the tech industry, AI is a massive buzzword, and it's going to end up about as flat and hollow as VR and AR are in their current state. At best, we might get really expensive data and CPU hungry self-driving cars that are safe enough for mainstream use in a few years. Meanwhile, enjoy feeding Google's AI projects every time you use captcha - that's what those "select all storefront" ones are all about.

Enjoy embed related - the horror of a neural network learning to speak.

sidenote - any simple AI is also incredibly processor-hungry. It's weird that the biggest buzzword out there, cloud, has enabled what little we currently do in midrange AI.

Cheating computer thread?

The only thing it doesn't do is regenerate health.

Superior too, humans can only exploit the strategy of the game using tactics the AI can't understand to win. They react so impossibly fast that humans cant really compete. Take a look at the new drone pilot AI they are developing. Human fighter pilots cant keep up in the simulators.

Someone did their thesis on the AI in Quake 3. The very first premise in that image is debunked, and anyone can create files of an arbitrary size.

Forgot to link thesis.
fd.fabiensanglard.net/quake3/The-Quake-III-Arena-Bot.pdf

Phallic Girls, actually; the spin-off/gaiden series to Dulce