Passing On

What do you plan on doing with all those videogames and shit you've gotten over the years when you die Holla Forums?

Do you think the generation after will give a shit about the games or hardware you've held onto all this time?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/qMV8CzQ
computerspielemuseum.de/1210_Home.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pass my possessions on for future generations to enjoy like those before me until some cash hungry cunt sells it outta the family

I don't think much can be passed on, but some specific stuff will be. And besides, parents choose the games for the kids. I sure as fuck ain't raising a casual, some old stuff will be mandatory.

The what? I'm dying a virgin in the hellfire of WW3 with all the rest of you. There will be no generation after.

Put them in a bomb shelter with a television and hand operated dynamo so people 1000 years in the future after the surface of the planet has been glassed by nukes and nature has reclaimed the world, some uneducated mutant-goat-fucker will find them and think they're magic. They'll build a temple around the vidya consoles and sacrifice virgins to appease the gods in the television screen, superstitiously attributing crop failures and rainfall to them. Long after the equipment has broken down they will build temples across the world with slabs in the shape of the TV and spin fake dynamos to worship the video games, hoping for the gods in the television to appear to them once more.

I just realized that if I suddenly die any of these days my dog is going to starve to death before anyone finds me.
Fuck, I need to set something up to draw attention to my house in case I die.

You're asking what I plan on doing with my shit after I'm dead? How the fuck should I know, I'll be deceased.

Bury me with my vidya.

The ancient ones made myths out of them and wrote stuff down on stone tablets and in holy books.
Our generations will leave just garbage behind.

I'm hoping immortality becomes a thing while I'm still alive so I don't have to answer that question.

It won't be available for non-millionaires so unless you are one, forget it.

You think that's what you want but you'll come to find you're horribly wrong about mortality.

With disc rot, they won't last anyway.

But I do think old games that were good or ground-breaking for their time should be preserved.
They're not art, but they should be used to set the bar for what future games should be, or better.
We need a "gaming Renaissance" of sorts IMO.

Make sure you die in a fire so the fire brigade comes :)

Me too.

What's not to like?

Didn't meant to sage.

You didn't say shit about a switch, but;

Nothing. It's not me that will disappear, it's the world.
I will remain eternal.
Through death we will become as gods.

I didn't bring up immortality, but assuming it's just the stopping of DNA degrading (AKA again) or being put into a computer/android/whatever, there would be an off switch, whether that's turning off the power or decapitation with a rusty spoon.

no u

Fuck em.

Sexually.

I hope to create some sort of collection/personal museum within my lifetime. So it'll probably be passed down to someone in the next generation that is as enthusiastic about the history of vidya as I am. Classic film/music memorabilia are very rarely discarded, they're often taken care of. I expect the same will happen to vidya. It's still an industry that is less than 40 years old, plenty of time left for this stuff we take for granted today to fade away and become rare.

This is also a good idea, except to go further we should send them into deep space towards some potentially habitable planets. Share our vidya with alien bros.

I'll probably give them to my son or future grandson.

why would i care?

i'm dead

THANK GOD

If I know beyond a doubt when I'm going to die I'll probably make some give away thread on whatever equivalent there is for Holla Forums at that point (if there is none then I'll just give them to my niece's and nephew's kids and they'll hopefully appreciate that shit).
If I die suddenly then I guess it's all up for grabs, because I have no idea what happens to your shit when you die without having a will to tell people what to do with your possessions.

I'm perfectly serious. Why should I leave anything to some edgy little shit that's not going to appreciate it?

Ideally I'd entomb some of that garbage along with certain choice items, guns, mementos or whatever, but realistically I can only pray for death by house fire.

If you had a truly immaculate cultivation of vidya and media, any fag who gazes upon it would be transformed into greatness itself.

I actually value more my save files and general images folder than my vidya.
I've been saving retarded images for over 10 years already. I bet in ~50 years people are going to be at least slightly amused or interested when they see my little collection of anonymous imageboard autism from past times.

Make a MEGA

Fuck em.

It's 26.something gigabytes, with my shitty Internet it'll take a week or something
I've taken a light look and holy fuck, imagine being 82 and then coming upon this image one day. I can only hope even our dumbest memes will still exist by then so I can look back and think "Holy shit was I a gigantic faggot"

>26gbs
Nigger, how many do you fucking have? Any sort of organisation?

I threw everything except my first console out already. Because I have emulation and am too lazy to hook them up to the tv or deal with old discs
and I doubt people would care because again emulation exists, plus those usb pc controllers are available if they want the 'feeling'

On par with humanity, really.

I like screenshots and videos the most. They're essentially a scrapbook of things I've played. I used to cherish my save files more, but I can't easily look through the entire game or remember everything about it from a save file.

If I can't easily at least take screenshots, then I'm less likely to play a game.

Don't be gullible.

I save internet images in 2 folders:

Nigger it's a clipart cover, of course it's going to have watermarks. Also I barely recovered my folder in 2013 because of an HDD failure. Since then I always have a backup

Let's see.

My parents won't give up anything I own, despite telling them if they ever fall on hard times, sell the magic cards I left in the metal box in the attic.My nephews, on both sides. . Originally, I planned to divide my game collection among them. Then I learned that they live in Gamestop. Completely scratched that idea, fuck those little shits. I thought I could trust them, learned the hard way to not trust shits who idolize minecraft.

My wife, strangely believes I would murder her if she ever sold my stuff.

Ultimately, the plan is.
Sell my MTG cards, Lotus', First Prints from the 90s, etc, to help fund my kids' college.
Sell everything that's valuable to right person, ie my unopened Rule of Rose, Klonoa and unopened Fatal Frame games.
Find someone to pass my Steam , Origin and PSN accounts to.

If I can't set up my own minishrine, I'm going to donate my games to a children's hospital. Complete with instructions on how to care for them.
I honestly. Don't believe the games will reach the children, some asshole intern will steal them and try to sell them on Ebay on something.

At least there are emulators..

Emulators can't emulate the feelings old games brought us and that makes me sad and miss those times, but then I think about modern games and become numb due to the rage.

There are things that are now lost forever. Information and art, all gone forever because the medium failed, the backup died, the developer or writer died.. In this generation. This is something people in the 50s were worried about happing a thousand years later.. not 66 years later. Fuck.

Jesus, what is wrong with this reply box on this fucking monitor? Is my script blocking shit fucking it up? I can't make it bigger and the spacing is fucking up and it fucks up when I try to make it bigger.

Do you think even your own generation still cares about movies from the 20s 30s 40s 50s and 60s etc?

Have you never handled a death in the family and how the proceedings go? If there's anyone who wants to take the vidya and they'll do what they want with it, unless specified differently in the will. Hell, 99% of belongings is just up for grabs for family and either taken or sold off. I don't see vidya would be any different.

Most literal niggers are less pathetic.

It's great to find actual enthuaists.

Dealing Buzzfeed-tier hipsters in person on a daily basis is hell.

If you know how to fix my monitor problems, do tell.

Clear your cache.

Do you at least have image hover on?

Honestly, I kind of dread if someone other than any other fellow user were to have to sift through my external drive on the off chance I'm suddenly dead. Mainly because I've got over a decade's worth of shit saved from back when I first started lurking, and I know there's gold somewhere in there (most of it still being unsorted; I was really lazy back then) that other anons are sure to find value in, but I'm not sure anyone ought to dig through ten years of shitposts and thousands of random images I've saved to try to find said gold to preserve for the future. If anything, that'll be my own eventual task: sort out everything, so no one else will ever have to

I plan to have it all burned with me.

If there is any such thing as an afterlife I hope to steer myself towards the kind of world I wished I was born into this time, and partly becuase I feel like "fuck everyone else this is my stuff and no one else is allowed to enjoy it."

Audio source?

Memes can't die, they become dank.

It doesn't fucking matter, I'll be dead. Maybe I'll adopt a qt black grill in my old age and teacher to love video games. I will raise her to be an exceptional female and try my hardest to give her all the opportunities her deadbeat parents were too stupid to even consider. If that doesn't happen, and my games are just left to rot, so what? I'll be dead.

I just gotta grab some holy water and stun-lock Death with 'em.

I'll be dead. Who gives a shit. Can't do much in oblivion.

When I decide to kill myself, I'm coming on Holla Forums and giving away everything I own, including liquidating my 401k.

Isn't adblock plus the ad filter that got pozzed?

Yeah, Google paid them to auto-whitelist their own ads.

From what I just gathered it's also a lot worse than ublock from a technical standpoint.

Everything I own is pirated and in my PC. Do I need to pass it on with the 1.5TB of CP?

Ublock origin is the best one, last I heard. Run the original guy, Regular Ublock is semi-pozzed too.

I thought origin was the only version, but now I remember there was drama too.

Have kids, hopefully have grandkids. If they're interested, great, if not… well there's at least one benefit of being dead.

This nigga gets it. Why would you worry about shit when you are dead?

Give all my shit to my brother and let him figure it out.

I'll ground everything to fine dust and snort them on my death bed.

Fuck the new generations, they are cancer.

I plan to fuck Saber.

You better make your time and enjoy playing some video games while you still can.

I don't care what anyone who comes after me says or does, it's not like I'm going to be here to be all bothered if they just put my PC into a garbage bin.

for all things ded

discord.gg/qMV8CzQ

i've cleaned out a lot of houses of old people who just died. most things get thrown out, anything recognized as valuable gets passed to whoever is willing to sell it or keep it.

Even if you have children, very little of what you amassed over the years will be of value to your ancestors. best to keep a low footprint rather than leaving a dungeon full of shit that will get dumpstered.

This. I remember clearing out our grandparents shit from the attic by throwing it out the window into a huge truck. I'de usually ask if something was important but would always come back with a no. Then he sold the house to a jew who leased the place to faggots and he's never been quite as happy since

We don't live material lives anyways, but virtual lives of data and information. Information that is not shared is meaningless. Our legacy is collective data. Seed until the day you die. Do you know how many old video games, anime, and music are completely lost to future generations simply because they never made it to the internet and nobody ever started spreading around torrents of them?

It is our duty to pirate them, because in doing so we preserve them within the collective intelligence.

I only have my pc. It's a gayman peecee rig so my parents will probably sell it. The rest is worthless so either they pile it with all the old stuff or throw it away

I know this song but it slips my mind, source?

No, so I'll kill myself with a large thorough explosion that destroys my most precious worldly possessions along with me.

It's the German national anthem.

I'm going to pass all my stuff down to my kids ;_; or relatives' kids when I am dead. Whatever happens with it from then is in their hands. The way the "collector scene" is going I have enough games and 90s toys to keep them going for a while if they decide to sell it all, since the bulk of my games are from the sixth generation and prior and there are quite a few gems in there.

They'll be inheriting a world filled with riots, food shortage, routine use of WMD and fucked up climate so no probably not I don't think they'll care about anything just like we don't.

I'll have them buried with me, when they dig me up they'll know I wuz a gamer.

1TB of anime and like 300 games on steam + 100 other games, I'd probably give it to one of my autistic friends, someone who has a chance at appreciating it

I'll be dead, best case I get them back. Worst case someone else finds a use for them. It doesn't really matter in the end, but I've had fun cooking and playing vidya. I'll die happy knowing I stuck it to reddit in the shazbowl AND on warframe while meeting some cool cunts along the way.

Well said faggot. Perfectly describes how I feel about pirating content. If we don't copy it and preserve it, who will? The IP owners? Only if it can make more money for them, otherwise into the trash it goes. Pirates will be the heroes of future generations for sharing unlocked content that will still work on computers in 100 years.

Maybe I should just fucking sell them sometime.

I'll put in my will to leave all my items "To my ghost" and fuck everyone I know over for a joke

Tell no one my steam password

I AM GOING TO UPLOAD MYSELF INTO MY FAVORITE VN TO LIVE IN A BLIZZFUL LOOP WITH MY WAIFU

All my shit is coming with me into my pyramid tomb, be it vidya, money, or whatever, then it'll be rigged with explosives. Fuck my children's inheritance and fuck tomb robbers, you think you can mess with me because I'm a corpse fuck you try it I'll fuck you up even if I'm dead I don't care I'm dead. Asshole for life, be it this one or the next or lack thereof.

I wonder what's going to happen to all my games.

No one cares about the games I like and play now, I'm comfortable with all of my precious memories vanishing from the universe forever.

Loans aren't tied to your lifespan faggot.

Check your info doomspeaker.

This user knows what's up.

at least you won't be burried in a fucking pyramid so random weird scientists can dig you up in the future and look at your fucking retarded looking preserved face with the lower jaw missing

BURY ME WITH MY VIDYA.

just dump me and my games into a boat and set it alight like pic related

I'm going to burn everything I earn in a fire. Not a single piece of shit will get anything from my death.

Anyone thinking of making a big museum of vidya?
Where you can play vidya and read about it?

I've figured that I'll live well into my 80's and 90's, considering my family history with longevity.

If I were to die, I'd want my collection of video games to be donated to an existing permanent museum dedicated to video games. That way, generations could enjoy and appreciate my collection for many more years and so that nobody can monetize off of the very thing that made me so happy in my life.

Of course, if I die right now, then I figure that my collection would be sold for my mother's profit.

I've had such an idea. Here in Oklahoma, we have The Toy and Action Figure Museum, so I had figured that there would be a niche to be fulfilled somewhere here or elsewhere.

I'd call it, "The American Museum of the Electronic Video Game," and it would be billed as the most truly interactive museum in the world that celebrates a truly American invention. We'd have artifacts and diorama of various scenes depicting the first video games used on giant computers, to the beginning of the Odyssey and Pong in the early 1970's, to a gigantic pile of Atari, Coleco, and Intellivision cartridges representing the oversatuation of the market and the crash of 1983, then to the release of the NES here in the US and the subsequent console wars and all the way up to the modern era. Each section will feature hands-on demos of video games running either off emulation or their original hardware.

Another part of the museum would be dedicated as a convention hall for industry announcements, e-sports arenas, and other video game events that could be organized both locally and nationally.

If I could get about $50 Million, I'd make this happen.

Isn't there one in Berlin? Actually, just googled it: computerspielemuseum.de/1210_Home.htm

Dogs generally get extremely noisy when their handlers are in a bad shape and will try to alert outsiders of this. Just in case, it would be a good idea to keep the dog food in places where it could reach it, as even if the cupboard is shut in your untimely death at least the doggo can scratch it open until it finally finds your stash.

As for me, I already passed on part of my vidya to a younger cousin. In the event of my untimely death I'll just let my next of kin handle them.

I'm more worried about my stashes.

Nice Sunset Riders reference bro

this right fucking here, so many games, animes, mangas, all lost

preservation and sharing of information is the next step in humanity

Drive to recycling and dump them? Already did this last gen with my xbox360 collection.

BakaBT already does this for anime.

The problem that we have is copyright. Legally it takes AT LEAST 70 years for you to legally backup your media.

That bitch will have to eat me if he wants to survive.

Not showing respect to animals is a clear sign you're either a nigger or a mudslime

Shit son, even mudslimes love cats!