Fresh out of video games

Now that I'm done with Nier Automata I just can't go back to the mediocrity of an average video game.
Recommend me something you're yourself manage to play after it.
I don't have PS4 or whatever the last XBOX is, but I can into emulation as long as it runs at 60 fps internally.

Avoid gaming for a few years. Learn a programming language or do something like biking for a while.

Gotta give your noggin some cooldown time rather than force yourself to enjoy lesser experiences while the memory is still so fresh.

Thanks for ruining the thread.

Surround yourself with trash.

You know, with the fact that dubs and checking of dubs are allowed on 8ch, I'm not sure why there hasn't been a resurgence of King of Gets posting and warring over stealing particular sets of numbers (aside from 76/sp/ showing up to steal posts was they hit the next million mark or so).

because 1111111 or 1234567 are the only numbers worth getting.

It follows after asking for recommendations that you actually mention what you like. If Automata is your first P* game I suggest playing the rest barring Korra and TMNT.

Obviously, but it still seemed like there used to be particularly autistic effort back in the day to get a Yugi image to align with some amount of fives greater than three or maybe four. To be fair though, maybe it's the fact that things are (in a way, thankfully) slower here.

Are you kidding?

The "trips confirm" thing is ever prevalent on this board and you know it.

I played most, if not all of Plat stuff.
I mean I specifically asked what people are playing after Automata because I'm not looking for a specific kind of game, but rather for a game of high quality regardless of genre.
And by quality I mean actually fucking good game, and not some AAA trash.

(Checked)

Go play S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Sytem Shock 2, Deus Ex or Thief.

I can't recommend you anything, then. Sorry, it's been the only platform with any good games released on it lately.

entry level Holla Forums shit everyone has played of extremely varying quality.

Tried bleach yet?

Buy a PS3 or 360 and CFW it and play Nier 1 if you haven't already. Optionally wait until PS3 emulation gets to the shit tier but playable stage like PS2 emu.

I played all of that.
I don't quite get why people estimate stalker so high as to put it alongside Deus Ex and System Shock, but to each their own I guess.

Nice advice sonybrony mahoney.

I don't watch anime, or any media really, longer than 200 episodes total. Also all video games based on it looked like shit, but maybe you can recommend a specific one that isn't.

Naturally I played Nier. Got through the ending D as well.

if you want to make it a platform war thread we can do that or you can go where the good games are. your choice faggot

But it was you who started shit.
Either contribute or fuck off.

Kill yourself Sonygger
>>>/NeoFag/

Mechanically it isn't the best game out there, but the atmosphere it has is still unbeaten, all its quirks and mechanics translate into a really unique but overall pleasant experience.

Go play World in Conflict, its a really nice RTT.

told you where to go. Your choice was to act like a redditor or ask "ok, what games do you mean?" Good work.

see? It's already started, your thread is fucked.

The growing trend with all the nips porting PS3 and PS4 games to steam en masse, it just seems to be a waste to spend money on a PS4, unless you want physical copies.

I do like this, however:
it's unique therefore it's not shit

no, it's unique but it's shit.

yeah like all those japan studio games, seems like a good bet. Nah, don't be retarded.

Eh, when the PS4 cfw gets more progress it might be worth it for the few 1st party exclusives that probably won't get ported. The eventual newer PS4 revision might be out by then as well.

Time to end yourself.

The only PS4 exclusive looking like it's worth a shit is Nioh and it's just Dark Souls Nippon Edition. So I might as well play Dark Souls with katana or some shit.
There is nothing else.

Bloodborne, Nioh, GR2 and TLG. What else is there really? None of them are really system sellers as well.

probably, PS4's are cheap shit now and it wouldn't surprise me if you can get one for $150 if you play your cards right. That's cheap for access to legitimately great games like gravity rush 1 & 2.

Consider playing Snake Pass too.

Enjoy your ban

Go play

Are you fresh from cuckchan?
Kill yorself

you still have trash taste btw

Go play Ace Combat
Emulation for the trinity is good now

this is good too. ace combat is one of those games that may not "click" instantly with what's so good about them but they'll at least be passable at first. As you get farther it'll start to come together what's so good about them.

They play nothing alike.

You haven't finished your backlog yet.

Filtered
Enjoy your ban you fucking newfag

yeah, it's more like ninja gaiden meets onimusha with its own great unique elements like ki control that make it something great and rhythmic. It's just a PC shitposting fag that likes to ruin any thread that mentions games that aren't on PC. best gassed but mods are afraid or something.

Thats like saying Lords of the Fallen and The Surge play nothing alike Souls.

they don't since they miss the entire underlying design philosophy in those games. it's like saying every game with an iframe dodge plays like souls games.

Be less shitty.

It's really not, have you played Nioh yourself? This is a pretty accurate description of what it's like.

There are barely any games on the level of Nier on PC.
If anything I would say get into autism like rougelikes and dorfort.
Other option would jap games. AAA make their stories too soft, maybe besides Witcher 3.

No don't do it.
I went to university and I even bike there each day. I ended up with severe depression and as an alcoholic.

Having a different control scheme doesn't make a game different.

tbh I'd suggest checking out some of the cool comiket games that come out, sakuna really has me interested but i can't find a copy yet.

did you enjoy the biking at least? riding a bike is something I enjoy the most and I can never find anyone to talk with about it.

no but having an entire different set of foundational mechanics does.

No one said anything about controls, though. What makes Nioh different from Souls is its mechanics. Stuff like the ki pulse mechanic (i.e. regaining a certain amount of stamina after an attack depending on when you press R1 after attacking), the stance system (the skill that combines stance switching with ki pulsing especially), customisable combos/movesets, juggling and being able to deplete the stamina of both human and demon enemies with various effects depending on which type they are all greatly differentiate Nioh from Souls. That's in addition to the fact that it's generally much faster (much moreso than Bloodborne, if you want to count it too) and noticeable differences in AI, such as how humanoid enemies will strafe or backpedal away from you if you overextend before punishing you afterwards, as you would them.

Ah yes, totally different
And Nier is also totally different from other Platinum games.

man you watched a video, how will I ever be able to counteract that oh wait by playing the actual fucking game. filter me like you said you would, faggot.

Embed related is a better representation of the game, I would say.

Amazing

That is undeniably Souls

It's good to know you're capable of watching 13 minute videos in slightly over 2 minutes, I guess.

Ah, the Ys games are up your alley then. I've been marathoning the series for the past year now and I don't regret any of it besides Wanderers from Ys

You're an idiot. The game is more like Diablo than it is Souls. It takes some mechanics that are FOUND in souls (like stamina, checkpoints, EXP loss on death) but most of them aren't EXCLUSIVE to souls.

I've learned to play like this and holy shit does it make the game so much fun. I have to intentionally use shitty weapons though. The game is not balanced for people who are actively trying to become as skilled as possible so in mid to late game you can become pretty damn overpowered.
I haven't played since the recent patches though.
Nioh is definitely a good buy and you'll get your money's worth of time out of it. I'd honestly recommend playing it offline though. Online revenants will drop gear that will trivialize the game for you. The value from a game like this comes from mastering is very complex combat system and personalizing it.

Good think I'm not retarded enough to be ignorant of an internet video skip function.

I wish Origin had more level

Oh yeah, OP, have you played Company of Heroes?

Woah, you click shit and it dies?
How do you click shit with a controller?

Fuck off.

I think Origin's few levels are made up by having 3 characters. Although yeah, I do wish it was longer. Maybe if we got to fight the demon forms of Kishgal, Zava and Epona.

Termination is easily the third best final boss theme.

It's not the clicking shit. It's the loot generation, set piece bonuses, the playing missions over and over to get certain gear. This has more impact on how you play the game than the controls do. You're just trying to disagree at this point obviously when you pull such ridiculous retorts like that out. I'm out. Good luck not being intolerable.

Yeah, I saw the customizable different movesets?
Whats your point?
Souls doesn't have thaf so its completely different from Souls?
I guess since the Surge has body part lock on and is also faster that makes it a completely new game.

How do the first two compare to it?

Doesn't make the whole game different
The what?
That sound fucking awful in this kind of game, and I play EDF.
No need for luck, it will never happen regardless.

how can one person be this retarded

I don't know how, considering you haven't played it and wouldn't be able to tell which moves are which.

Are you just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian?

I never get tired of playing this game. It's too fucking good. Although I just got done playing Battle Garegga and now I'me having trouble deciding which one I lick better. You can never go wrong with a good shooter.

Theres only one good sidescrolling SHMUP

I only now realized falling meteorites damages the ground, after over 15 years.
I wish such mechanic was not limited to Worms and Minecraft, nowadays.

now its just a bunch of normal fags yelling get hoping for ANY repeating digits then feigning amazement when the shit that happens once every 10 posts does

Slower, easier, less impressive, smaller numbers. People still appreciate them, but no where at the same level of fervor.

My second most liked favorite boss theme was Scias from Ys Seven

Predicatably my favorite is The Strongest Foe. Although listening to bits and pieces from Dana's soundtrack there might a contender there, when I play the game I'll find out.yt

Played VIII yet?

Waiting on the pc port. And before you bust my balls I'm not going to buy it.

Oh yes! I've missed this game.