Ever play a game and get the feeling its budget ran out by the end?

Ever play a game and get the feeling its budget ran out by the end?

So i was playing Night in the Woods and aside from some "arent we just quirky?! xDDD" attempts at bad whedonesque writing the first sections are pretty fun. A slice of life with some undertones that maybe your character is kind of fucked up in a serious way.
But then it finally starts to touch on ideas it showed at the start again, pulls a genre shift out of nowhere and then just ends.

Now the Holla Forums crowd will take time off from telling you the earth is flat and estrogen is being pumped into vegetables to bitch about some dialogue but my issue was more lack of content than content.
See theres this film studies term "ten minutes before, ten minutes after" that states a story only works if you can extrapolate what happens ten minutes after the credits and for this game the answer is 'nothing happens' because the final confrontation is a mine collapse that either was meant to be far more dramatic than it was or there was a whole 5th act that was cut because they did not have enough money or couldn't handle the tone shift.

This seems like a growing trend as well. ReCore was another "t-this is the xbone exclusive to make it!" that apparently has an entire final third thats empty because the developers just didnt finish it, FFXV becomes a linear train ride for the last section because they didnt finish the second continent and while cut content will always be a thing -the level of cut content from windwaker padded out by the triforce fishing will always haunt me- it seems this idea of 'eh the consumer has to have paid to get this far, fuck it' is a relatively new phenomenon.

So why now?

You could have chosen any other game but you picked this one. Why?

Because i liked the music and P5 wasn't out yet.

You can only play Nier automata and watch 2b's ass jiggle for so long user.

three

reminder that people who are raiding Holla Forums right now are also spilling into other boards. sage and report all threads on sight.

It's Undertale all over again. You chose this to be a shilling thread, anons. You created this issue.

nobody cares, stop thinking Holla Forums is the Holla Forums vs Holla Forums 'frontline'. One is a group of trannys one is a group of flat earthers. YOU are all trash or worse idiots that dont realise it and think "this hole i cut into me is a vagina" or "the mars rover is a trick, how do you break orbit from a flat disk?" spouting retardeds are "#ourguy" It doesnt matter which its all garbage. Just because folks got wise doesnt mean every board is your clubhouse.

this should be bannable offense

this is the typical reaction of the shill. observe it and recognize it.

Jesus you're obvious

I thought it was a board raid? get your conspiracy straight senpai.

The two aren't mutually exclusive
Also you're off your GET by 5, try again next time

Nigger only one of these things had a reason to have threads here. If you can't see the difference you don't belong here.

FUCK. OFF.

get out.

There's a Holla Forums raid going on?

This is so bad it actually seems like Holla Forums false flagging as Holla Forums

how fucking new are you

Well that is unwelcomed information looks like I'm not going to lurk there anymore

look at this constant subtle shilling

wtf i hate Holla Forums now

YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD
YET ANOTHER SHILL THREAD