Ys

Which are the best games to play and in what order?

Other urls found in this thread:

kamikouryaku.com/ys8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dana and Origin, in the order
If you're hyper autistic,
Ys 1+2 Chronicles (PC/PSP) -> Lost Kefin (SNES) -> Ark of Napishtim (PC/PSP) -> Oath in Felghana (PC/PSP) -> Origin (PC/Vita) -> Seven (PSP) -> Memories of Celceta (Vita) -> Lacrimosa of Dana (Vita, soon to be PC/PS4)

If you are are casual pleb: Ark of Napishtim (PC/PSP) -> Oath in Felghana (PC/PSP) -> Origin (PC/Vita) -> Seven (PSP) -> Memories of Celceta (Vita) -> Lacrimosa of Dana (Vita, soon to be PC/PS4)

Thank you very much
And thank you

……. isn't that the one NISA is localizing?

Vita is region free. I 100% the game with no difficulty using this guide and an online machine translator. kamikouryaku.com/ys8/

Yes, that's why you pirate the PC version or import it and do this
If you enjoy the series remember never to support Dana.

Cool, then I'll just import the Japanese Vita version.

Looks like one of those games I'll want to own. That is a decent version of the game right? I know it's on PC and PS4 as well but I figure it'll be nice to have something worth dusting off my vita for.

XSEED employee detected.

The base game is great itself, the PC/PS4 version just has a bunch of extra shit and polish.

I don't care who localizes the games, I just don't want NISA getting money or localizing future titles in the series.
They're a cancer that needs to be removed from the industry. I'd rather get shitty bamco machine translations again than NISA touching anything.

Gotcha, I'll get the vita version and pirate the PC version after I play through it once depending on how I like it.

Who is Dana?

Origin is the best game and for many the only game they need to play.

Dana's better.

Check the Falcom thread.

Also release order. All Ys are good.

The order they came out in you retard.

Sure it's not as good as Felghana, but it's still really good if you're into side-scrolling RPGs.
Most of the ones that aren't Xseed babies like it.
Nigga this is Ys, not Trails. Canon isn't that important.

so I'm playing Ys one
>all this fun

I finally understand why this series is so loved, and I'm only on the first game.

Seven/ Celceta for PC when

it's in the share thread with the english patch.

Well, seems like you have a big chance to turn inyo a fan. Don't forget to visit the Falcom thread if you want to give us updates or ask any questions you have.

Also, pay attention to the details. The lore and worldbuilding are better than expected.

Same here.
Playing Ys I & II on my hacked PSVita
Comfiest shit I've played in years, awesome soundtrack too.

I haven't played 7, 8, or 5 yet, but my rankings go Origins > Oath > Chronicles 2 > Naphistim > Chronicles 1 > Celceta.

Celceta's wall hugging quest really fucking triggered my autism, and the party members and crafting just didn't feel well implemented.

The second one is even better the original has a better intro though because of the magic system, especially when you can talk to demons with a spell.

What bothered me about Ys 2 is that magic was a requirement for beating the bosses.

Is it really a requirement? For the longest time I was wondering why they wouldnt take damage with the bump system.

Are there any sort of first two games remakes with non-ramming combat?

there's the ds version but it's shit

The point of the first two games never being changed is the bumping combat. People fucking love it (in japan).

Personally:

Origins > 1 and 2 > Oath > Ark of Naphistim > Celceta > 7 > Dana > Kefin

Just me, though. Come for the gameplay, stay for the badass music

For me it's more

Origins> Felghana>Dawn of Ys >Chronicles> Naphishtim>7
Haven't played Dana or Kefin, Celceta I've just started but I'm really liking it so far.

Wait, The Oath in Felghana is a version of Ys 3? Is it even worth playing the real Ys 3 for the novelty?

How is that even possible?

I'm quite sure that's his preferred order for the series.
Otherwise, I would doubt the user's sanity.

I thought these games were I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill, but ended up trying felghana on a whim, and found that it was indeed weebshit, and I never stopped wanting the story shit to fuck off, but the gameplay was really fucking good. Also the bosses were both harder and more satisfying to beat than anything in Souls games.

Rused.

Who needs Ancient Land when you've got this

I'd say Seven's a good amount better than Celceta (less and simpler quests, much better dungeons and bosses, more unique OST) and at least on par with Napishtim (which has a better story and premise). Ys V, though less disappointing than Celceta, is still a worse game since it utterly lacks tension until near the end, and the production values/magic system are so uneven. I really hope it gets a remake soon.

Ys VIII, from what I hear, appeals even to those who previously disliked Celceta and Seven because it just does the party system, exploration, and bosses better, as well as story. Crafting's improved, too, and just as easy to ignore unless you're desperate for healing items (which are more difficult to obtain than in Seven or Celceta).

Which one would you fuck?

Why does everyone like Memories of Celceta? It lagged like shit, the puzzles were incredibly boring, the story was cringeworthy and worst of all the gameplay wasn't nearly as fun as the earlier ones.

Plenty dislike or rank Celceta lower than other Ys games. The puzzles were a joke (and Selray dungeon was poorly paced, with unhelpful navigation) and the story feels half-baked by the end. But I actually prefer the feel of combat to Seven's system, even with bosses which don't work as well. The Chinese PC version w/ 60FPS patch works better than I expected aside from cumbersome warping, and it gives me 1080p widescreen on a toaster. I really wish Celceta had a definitive version instead of the clearly rushed product Falcom released alongside Nayuta no Kiseki (which should actually be more fun).

Marry Dana
Fuck Katrin and Dana's girlfriends
Shipwreck Laxia