EDF Thread: Post-April fools edition

REMEMBER EDF PRIDE
I see no thread for this, so it's that time again
What's your favourite:
etc.
Any of you fags finished solo-ed the campaign as an Air Raider? I tried to solo the campaign as an air raider but those hairy web-shootin little shits kept wrecking my vehicles, especially in underground missions, any tips to take them out or vehicles that i should use besides git gud? They are my bane of completing missions as an Air Raider besides getting caught by crimson ants when my vehicle got scrapped. Also what's the best way to grind weapons on Inferno?
GO! GO! GO!

Other urls found in this thread:

d3p.co.jp/edf5/
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

Fencer is best class, prove me wrong. Pro tip:you probably can

New Classes when?

Do you think they'll add more? I mean they have one for each player slot now.

Would be nice to have a bug class

no fuck off showing a class everyone knew it was getting in anyways isnt news

Why? That's like the antithesis of everything the game is about. And the wing diver is already supposed to be made from alien tech.

It's not really necessary to add more classes when you already made a pretty good balance of fun classes, just add more loadout options to make them even better

There, also NPC Fencers are even more of a liability compared to NPC Rangers

What?

Because I wanna play as a bug mage damn it.

I did on hardest in 2025. When bunkers wouldn't magically detach from the vehicles.

Git gud
Only some of the missiles, so, barely any weapons are useless without an AR.

Fencer is the best class on all stages that are not caves or don't have drones.

Disgusting
I want non-human sympathizers out of my defense force

How about in 4.1? and where did you played 2025? Is it on the nogames station?

There's plenty of news ya dingus.
d3p.co.jp/edf5/
Delicious!

He is just straight up the best class, tunnels and drones aint got nothin on him.

I struggle to force myself to complete it with ranger.
>Is it on the nogames station?
Yes.

Drones and flying vehicles are two different things, but regardless fencer can out-scoot them just as well and spine driver or any light cannon royally fucks any flying.
Never said he was better than thunder weapons, but gattling guns, shields, and most melee weapons will fuck up caves good, plus he can scoot through them faster than anything else.

That's quite the leap. Thinking of doing just enough missions to start over on hardest.

Even with the starter weapons its possible to play on Hard, maybe Hardest if you're good enough

Ok, so, with EDF 5, its 4 classes again right? what new shit will we be getting besides a few new enemy's?

New weapons and vehicles

good enough for me

They've also done some tweaks to the existing characters, like wing diver being able to dodge mid air.

Has there been any footage of the new mechs in action?

Its a Velgata reskin with some new animations and hopefully new variants.

I was hoping they weren't reskinning the Velgata and would instead make something different enough to justify the new model. This does not appear to be the case.

Thanks for the video, user.

jesus christ how horrifiying

Well it is certainly possible as long you have armor to back it up

Hard actually gives out better weapons on the first 30 or so levels compared to Hardest
Here's a handy weapon list some user shared in the last thread: weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
Oh and there's an english option too if you can't read moonrunes

GG

Oh that's neat. Thank you.

This flew out of my mind because of how cheesy the name is.
Not if there is more than a bunch.
You did by stating that fencer is the best class for the job. Any combination of fencer weapons and abilities can't beat wing diver's ability to harm without having a line of sight. All trapped stages and some of the other ones are hands off better handled by wing divers.

Eh, what's wrong with that?
->
The point of Hardest dropping lower tier weapons is for completitionism. Average is still higher than one of the hard.

I did not. Yes thunder weapons are the best weapon for underground missions, but the Wing Diver herself is outclassed by the Fencer in those missions due to his greater survivability, mobility, utility, and comparable firepower.
The argument that something isn't good when faced with a lot of enemies applies to literally every class. nothing can survive 200 drones and vehicles at once, but a fencer can survive more than any other class and for longer.

Negative comrade. Fencer excels in wide open areas, but in the difficult areas of underground missions wing diver's mobility and crowd control type weapons that can clear a whole tunnel at once win the day.

I'm a fencer main myself, but the most effective class for the trap mission and the one with underfround anthills and you starting at low elevation are mich easier with wing diver.

Fencer has no vertical mobility, and it's greatest strength is in kiting. Getting surrounded in tight quarters where you can't take advantage of your speed properly is death.

Wing diver >>> fencer = ranger >>>>> air raider underground.

Why is he so shit Holla Forums?

Low armor, shit maneuverability on flat ground, low damage. Ideal use is upside down hosing down a tunnel but damage is insufficient compared to other classes. There is no situation where it outperforms other vehicles except when there are no other vehicles. A vehicle in a game where vehicles are situational that isn't adequate for the situation it is intended for.

There's one with dual flamethrowers that is actually good at staggering enemies to death for it's level also the alternative to depth crawlers underground is bikes. Bikes aren't much better.

No, his strength is that he combines the defining aspects of the other three classes into one death-dealing package while adding his own strength into the mix; the versatility and range of Ranger, situational expertise and AOE of the Air Raider, the mobility and melee of the Wing Diver, and his own durability. He excels in every possible situation with the proper loadout, and there is much more to playing him than just going fast.
Yes WD has better vertical mobility and Fencer better horizontal mobility, and WD is really good on those two missions, but that is because those are the only two missions where you actually have to ascend and can make use of vertical mobility, while all other cave missions rely entirely on vertical movement with space for vertical maneuvering being rare or non-existant, but ultimately pointless. As I said before, the problem with WD is not her weapons as they are the absolute best for close and tight quarters when used properly, but the WD herself due to her low armor, charge mechanic, and low initial speed. With her you have to take things extremely slow and cautiously as a single attack, a spike from afar or a web through the wall, will instantly kill her and she has absolutely no way to quickly dodge anything unexpected since it takes time for her to get up to speed, even the AR roll dodges better than a WD, and since most attacks travel vertically with her having little to no horizontal room, she is forced to move within their area of effect and likely take critical damage. If she has to move while firing, such as with any of the missions where you are surrounded, then the risk of burnout or just getting hit with something is extremely high, and of course getting hit means getting killed. There is also the fact that the time spent reloading and even just switching weapons makes her extremely vulnerable due to the energy drain limiting flight time or causing burnout and the short few seconds of not firing allowing something to get through. I have died countless times to a single gold ant rushing me down in the time it takes to swap weapons. With fencer though it is a completely different story. He has the armor, damage reduction and reflection, dodge, and speed to survive. He may not have the all-in-one package of a Thunder Bow or Idunn, they are the best underground weapons after all, but he can provide each strength of them individually, gatlings for non-stop flinch-locking of a tunnel or strikers and mortars for AoE damage, while being able to survive and take things at a faster pace through being able to boost forwards, backwards, and around tunnels to evade attacks and travel faster, ignore damage with striker damage reduction and shield reflection, both of which deal damage while maintaining mobility, and simply having far more health to handle the few hits he does take. You try doing Dark Arena (DLC1, fuckloads of tunnels in the queen ant chamber) as WD and you are gonna have a really bad time since you are constantly surrounded and your actions limited by your energy, meanwhile a fencer can casually scoot circles around the room popping tunnels at his own pace without worry. The short of it is that Fencer's firepower isn't as robust as WD, but he makes up for it with speed and durability. A dead WD can't complete the mission.
If we are talking group tactics though, then I would have to agree that WD is the best for underground since she has someone to cover her, as well as being best for dealing with Flying Vehicles as she can focus entirely on catching them with a laser to knock em around while others deal with the primary threats.
I main Wing Diver and Air Raider, but I've still got hundreds of hours in as Fencer across multiple games. Fencer > Air Raider > Ranger > Wing Diver

Because it is a support vehicle. In underground it is good for providing light and flinch-locking tunnels while your allies deal damage, as well as providing fairly quick transport when moving diagonally. Outside of underground, it is decent at getting you or a ranger on and off buildings faster than a helicopter, with significantly faster reaction speeds and barely-acceptable self defense capability - a sniper support vehicle. But most importantly, it's just cool.

Meant Air Raider = Ranger. They are both just really good all around classes and they compliment eachother all too well.
Also, thank fucking God that WD is getting an air dash in 5 as that will give her some much needed evasion, which is kind of a big deal for an evasion-based class.
Rumor is that dash cancelling was removed though

Jesus christ man, you didn't have to show that you are so emotionally invested into a fencer class. Are you for a chance into bara stuff?
You are just bad.
You mean the one map that doesn't have tunnels to take advantage of thunder weapons?

Other than that you try to argue that fencer is better because he has every thing imaginable at his disposable while ignoring the fact that not all 4 weapons are active at all times(when WD can roll with a single thunder weapon and cover as much if not more grounds than Fencer's arsenal can). Hell, to be faster than WD he has to dedicate 1 loadout slot(2 weapons) specifically for that. Also, mortars are meh, compared to something like stampede or goliath z. And fencer's weapon switching is way slower than of anyone else.
And all of that, because you've missed the point that we are specifically arguing that WD is superior underground. Why do you think Golden darkness is a go to for farming with WD. Come on.

Why does writing up a detailed, and fairly subjective, analysis have to mean I am emotionally invested and sexually attracted to something?
Just because I died to gold ants at some point in my life does not mean I am bad, but certainly does not mean I am good either. I'm sure you died to gold ants before too, and probably still do sometimes if you aren't careful. Everyone can't be absolutely perfect all the time always you know.
You seem to be completely misunderstanding my argument, as well as outright putting words in my mouth. I have repeatedly stated that thunder weapons are amazing underground and that the problem is that WD has low survivability, slow evasion, and her unique mechanic can get her killed if you aren't careful, all culminating into a slower pace, with some missions being excessively difficult for her. It isn't about the weapons, it is about survival ability. WD is a glass cannon, if she gets hit even once then she is dead, and it is more difficult for her to avoid getting hit in the tighter spaces of the underground, with the more open chambers being difficult for energy management due to not being able to distance yourself from threats or manage their positioning as well.
Regarding fencer, his weapon switching time is the same as WD. I know he can't use all four weapons and never even implied such, nor did I ever imply his weapons were anywhere near as good as Thunder weapons. I said that he has weapons that can individually provide specific qualities of them if needed, but certainly not all at once. But the thing that makes him better in underground is that he can survive in every single underground mission. WD, however, cannot. You even agree with me on that point with your sarcastic remark regarding Dark Arena. This is why Fencer is better underground. I am not saying the WD is shit, nor am I saying Fencer is a god, but the one thing Fencer does better than anyone else is surviving.
Lastly, why is him having to dedicate a slot to going fast bad when shield and striker/piercer are not only his signature weapons, but also his strongest and most versatile?

MAKE WAY FOR THE BEST VEHICLE

How is this game whit high ping players? spic here, my ping is always arround 200, 150 if the server is on california or texas.

It's not shit if you're able to keep itself intact for more than 2 minutes, but at that point you're killing jackshit since you're using it to go fast

You're up against some bugs, it's not a twitch shooter then again, i never touched online so take my word with a grain of salt

Completely playable, nips join my room all the time and they dont look like they have any problems
I'm HUE

Because the amount of that analysis is excessive to the point that it looks like you are overcompensating. Moreover you focus more on praising fencer's abilities than making counterarguments to the post you are replying. Hell, you go on to explain general fencer advantages to the fencer main. What is wrong with you?
Because it's a joke. The realistic conclusion would be that you have an autistic attraction towards fencer.
When you make your death as WD into an argument for why WD is bad I'm required to point out that it has nothing to do with her mechanics at all, it's just you being bad as WD, plain and simple.
You can state it all you want, but if you don't mean it, don't hold it in mind as a factor, then that statement is worthless. For example
There is no point avoiding anything, because thunder weapon stunlocks everything infront of the WD even if it's behind a wall. Not only that, but it also kills exceedingly fast making her able to switch directions that she can entirely purge off from the insect scum.
Except most fencer weapons have a switch cooldown on anything heavy(and since it's fencer we are talking, he has a ton of heavy weaponry) while any other class can switch on the fly with most weapons.
Because they are not the ones to do the great job underground, which is the entire point of the argument. And when you are required to switch around like crazy to do a decent job, then you are failing to even have a survivability of WD, since she doesn't have to do so to go fast and kill shit.
Survive is not the same as do the job efficiently. More over, he can't survive trap missions on his own, hell, even ranger would be better in those missions with his napalm weapons.

And again, you go deeply into your "fairly subjective analysis" while ignoring the post you are replying where it matters. Why are you bringing up Dark Arena while ignoring Golden darkness? How does doing better at Dark arena=doing better at every single underground mission? Why would I agree with you with a sarcastic remark? How is that assumption sane?

Now, since you tend to ignore addressing other line of thought than your own I'll pick your points that you could elaborate on.
How fencer can outperform complete tunnel purging? What's fencer's answer for threats out of his line of sight that offer the same or greater survivability?
Name 10 stages that aren't dark arena. I bet you won't come up with the only one that fencer can actually do better.

>I'm HUE
i think you're confusing them with nipo-brazilians there pal

NO GOD NO

YES!!!!

It never should have been there to begin with.

hope they buffed the armor and give it proper acid resistance.

You are retarded, stop sucking dick and play on a real difficulty. You make it sound like fencer is a shitty jack of all trades class that does nothing as well as anyone else. Durability means shit unless you grind armor for years. Shields are situationally useful. The fencer has the highest top speed but is easily hindered by terrain. Like all classes depending on loadout it can do many things, but claiming it has DURABILITY as it's selling point is retarded and shows you don't play the game for real. Fencer's stilted movement techniques make it fragile, easily getting annihilated during the pauses in dashing. The fencer has no mid range option, you either go close quarters or bombard from range with missiles and artillery. Survivability as a fwncer is much more dependent upon positioning than durability, the class with the best survivability is ranger with it's high iframe roll or wing diver with it's freedom of movement. To say Fencer has inferior firepower to wing diver also shows that you're shit. Wing diver has more killing power in mid range and tunnels because of the nature of it's two best weapons. Wing diver doesn't do melee. Dropship strikes with the laser chainsaw aren't melee. The biggest displays of firepower come from air raider and fencer teams. You can destroy the flying battleship before it even transforms with laser guided missile bombardment, and power posts and railgun tank + fencer teams do the most sniping damage possible.

Oh, it's you again.

kill me already

Why the hell does this game never have a decent discount? 30 bucks (at lowest) is too much for most people for a very unknown series of games that doesn't appear to be anything special at first glance. Looking at the price history, they are not even increasing the discounts over time.

If anything else fails, you could just pirate it and play on a pirated server with your buddies. But yeah, the game is kinda expensive and has barely nil marketing, i guess the Japs thought that it would be less money for them even if it costs them more potential players to the game. They should have a free-weekend damnit, i want my friends to play these too

I know the feel. I want to buy it for my friend but it's too much of an an investmemt to risk him playing for two hours and never touching it again.

Not to mention that the game starts off pretty shit at first, and it only start to being good after first dozen or so slog of missions. And most people might be turned off by the cheesy B-movie acting or plot.

We call those people faggots

Good, the power armor in EDF 4.1 move slow as fuck

Some Vegalta variants were pretty fast and all of them could fly. If anything the Vegaltas only horrible thing is their turn rate.

That's the same way vegalta moves in 4.1, and the fencer is the fastest thing in game if you play it right.

Well turning with all those weapons is pretty hard so it's justified, and some Vegalta variants are fucking slow as well, like Vegalta Busters

So I'm still pretty middle of the game. Level 54 single player and level 43 online I think. Do helicopters ever get good for air raiders?

They can be pretty great, especially if you can convince a team to get in one and gun for you. I've cleared whole waves on crimson by using the flame turret on one of the helicopters.

there's a high level flamethrower one that's great but for the most part its you who has to git gud. i found the weapons on choppers are usually great i just sucked at aiming them and always had to use the auto aim ones as a crutch

it can get interesting with high ping

Anyone of you fags playin?

I've been busy trying to find a decent lobby for inferno 60+ or DLC hardest. Can host at any time if enough competent people can be gathered up.