Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sketchfab.com/game-art-spotlight-simple-characters-group-shot/
archive.is/QmooX
multiverselabyrinth.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=QwUmjbhzm1M
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL5Ga-mKk8oemd5d1F0bXEyWTg/view?usp=sharing
github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3
twitch.tv/spcgreenman
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gasd4IcOe9Cx9wHoBB7rxFl/w4XlBKeE46E/index.html
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gY35ezlSQn1sWOGfh4C7ewO/EFXMW_UEDco/index.html
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gbY4FN8pZuEPVC9PzQThNn1/yS-yQfo0lc0/index.html
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/
udemy.com/unrealcourse/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Recently installed gamemaker, I want to make something small so I can get to grips with its language + gui. Any ideas?

ow

Have you not made anything ever before? Pong. Then breakout. Then tetris.

You can't learn Japanese

just

make

game

Is there a good method to just rush out models? Kinda like sketching on paper, where you can tell what it is clearly but it's really rough? I asked this on endchn when 8ch was down, although the only thing I got was the grease pencil tool in blender which doesn't really look what I'm looking for.

It takes me way too fucking long to make models, and I just want to fill in a bunch of cheap placeholders. Like what valve did with Dota 2.

I don't understand what you are really asking.

The only placeholder model in Dota 2 was the shitty wizard which was geometrically simple you could tell what direction he was facing. the pics you posted were iterations of Lion which just changed over the development of the game.

You can kinda sketch with sculpting software, I guess?

for placeholders I just use rectangles with the name of unit written on them anything more than that i think is a waste of time.

Yeah, instead of making a "sketch" of what you want you usually just make something else that should do the job until the actual model is done. If you need complex animations tested, you can just use a simple model for that as well instead of having rough details in.

It's surprising how good the results of a random map generator that just throws random darts at the galactic wall already look.

Throw random darts to determine placement of mountains. Randomize each height. Connect closest ones into mountain chains. Use these to create geographical map by randomizing which distance is terrain dropping certain amount of meters.
Choose see level based on how much of map is supposed to be water. Add random spots near mountains as springs . Use algorithm to determine easiest way for rivers to flow down, using check if other river isn't near connect them into one.
Then place cities near rivers/sees/mountains and determine their economy using location. Hell use their economy to choose if randomly chosen place was worth for city to be created.

fucking hell rigging is confusing.
Once you figure things out they get really easy tho, will finish this next monday and hopefully have more time for gamedev in around a month.

And about fucking time too, feel free to shit on my productivity all you want, I started this model fucking 6 months ago. I did other gamedev work at that time but god DAMN, I need better time management. More assets should take orders of magnitude less time, though, assuming animation won't turn out to be super complicated, too. Will try to do some environmental assets next, or weapons.

UI stuff sucks, but I'm done for now.

Then uninstall game maker and install any of the infinitely better engines that aren't dogshit from the ground up such as Phaser, Godot, Love2D, or Atomic GE

I mean how a lot of the early models where really unpolished and rushed out, since valve was trying to get it launched asap. Then they went back and replaced them. Graph related, they where releasing a multiple heroes a month until it slowed down and they got prettier models. They went back and redid all the ones during the alpha-beta stages of dota. I mean shit they must have redone lions model 3 times.

Not really what I'm after

The thing is I want to have models in the alpha stage that somewhat resemble what it will look like, and then update them later.

That only is really viable for the super alpha version of the game, where nobody but the devs are playing it. One thing I noticed is some games in their late alpha-early beta state usually have models that look really unrefined and rushed out. Although, I'm drawing a blank aside from dota 2 again where some hero models leak. I always felt sometime during the beta stage devs have a working state of the game with really janky models that almost resemble what they're suppose to be. Every time I try to make a simple model I end up wasting a shitload of time on it and it takes weeks even for something real basic.

poopie

Why though?
Whats the point in making half-assed models that you're just gonna replace later, seems like a waste of time to me.
You keep referencing valve doing this with dota but they clearly had a reason to do this, do you?

I think I get what you're after.
There's a way of doing this without doing double the work, but you're going to have to put a decent amount of effort into the low-poly for this to work.

I'm assuming you have general knowledge of the 3D workflow.
1. Poly/box model a low poly model that deforms correctly for animation (correct topology loops, decent amount of polys. Browse around the internet for general polycounts you'd want to hit. The important thing here is to make sure your shit deforms correctly, and you have a good general shape)
2. Rig the low poly model for animation, UV unwrap it and apply extremely basic placeholder textures.
3. animate your shit
4. When you're ready to add detail, bring your low-poly mesh into zbrush and some type of texturing application
5. Bake out normal maps and diffuse. Apply them along with your new textures to all your animations. I'm sure you could write a script to automate this.

The only limitation I can see from this workflow is that you'd have to be very careful as to not fuck up the overall shape of the model too much in zbrush, or your normals will not bake correctly.

I do have to ask, why, though?

This article might help. These still maybe a bit more work than you want, but I think it is in the ballpark of what you're looking for.

blog.sketchfab.com/game-art-spotlight-simple-characters-group-shot/

Already made pong. I'm in too deep.
In all seriousness though, why would you say those engines are better? pls no bully

I want to have people trying the game out during Alpha/Beta while I work on it. Kind of like Minecraft, although minecraft never had to build up its graphics. Then replace the models that get the most complaints. At the rate I work making models ATM I wouldn't even finish 1/4th the ones I want in a year, and that's not even including animations.

That's actually pretty cool. I'm gunna copy this down for future reference.
I'm way too slow at modeling and want to get people trying the game.

I think that's a whole guide to what the other user said. Saved, thanks.

Not him, but there are a few reasons.

* All those other engines are 100% free and open source, meaning you can modify them, redistribute them, and distribute your game entirely free of charge and free of restrictions. Game Maker isn't.
* The other engines, for the most part, use real programming languages. You're much less likely to hit a weird quirk in Lua and LÖVE that prevents you from doing what you need to do for your game than you are with GML, because Lua is a professional programming language made for general use with over 2 decades of refinement. Also because of this, if you hit some engine limitations and decide to move up to programming your game from scratch in a compiled language, you might be able to port most of your scripts without issue, especially if you decide to embed Lua in your game (I've taken components of LÖVE games and used them verbatim in a C++ game that was extensible via Lua scripting, because I had modularized well enough).
* The other engines tend to perform better, especially LÖVE, which uses LuaJIT by default and gets incredible performance.
* Some of the other engines are built around a 3D Game workflow (I think just Godot and Atomic), so that's a workable option in those. GameMaker, I think, allows 3D development but is not very good at it, partly owing to the clumsy scripting language and its bizarre limitations.
* The other engines vary a lot, but most of them are built around a more professional workflow, and are programming-centric, where GameMaker tends to try to revolve more around the drag-and-drop interface, and makes it difficult to work without it.

I don't think GameMaker is really that bad, it's a decent enough jumping-off point and if you know its limitations well, it can be a good tool. Some very professional games have been made in it. For the most part, however, it's not a good point to learn game development or programming in general, and its weird quirks and very specific workflow mean that it makes it hard to move up from, as it doesn't do much to teach you about proper design or development in general.
Whether or not it's a good thing to start on depends heavily on your experience with programming. In most cases, though, I'd probably recommend something like LÖVE. It's a really cool minimal little thing that does what it does exceptionally well, and lets you work within a real programming language.

Most importantly, though, if you're making games, just keep making games. If GameMaker isn't holding you back, there's no real reason to switch other than ideological reasons, just keep in mind the areas where it might hold you back in the future. Keep these things in mind, but if you're making progress, keep doing what you're doing.

No matter what you're doing, you should have a way to share your games here. You'll make the most progress if you can say "look what I made" and give us a way to immediately download and play it. This will get you into a proper workflow with the final step of distribution in it, and get you used to the state of mind of being able to efficiently build a distributable game. It will also help you get involved in a cycle of criticism and suggestion. People will point out flaws with your program so you can immediately fix them, which is especially good if it's a game in progress, so those bugs don't propegate into the final version and you have less to do later on (essentially, you have continual testing).
It is optional, especially if you only want to distribute something when it's finished, but it's a valuable tool.

Remember to make your game juicy.

Game ticks are tied to the framerate and you have to pay extra to export your shit to anything other than Microsoft Windows.

Looks good!

Oh hey, how are you handling how stuff is drawn?

I'm the grocery sim user, I've basically got pic related for my sprites… The first is basically a macro to generate the texture coordinates for each sprite group on a texture, and the second is the drawing offsets for compositing the sprites. There isn't a 1:1 relationship, and I have to enter everything manually. shit sucks.

But when it works it'll be nice.

No wonder I find SVN and such useless, I've never gotten far enough to need it. Damnit

You make a lot of convincing points. I’m not that well versed in programming of any sorts, working within spaghetti code is common place for me. My first game was made in .bat files Beyond some basic programs in BASIC and Java I haven’t really put much time into real programming languages. I’ll give LÖVE a shot. I appreciate the reply.

Those are things that would be holding you back.

You'll have a way better time getting your versioning and build system up early and keeping them working as you go than trying to throw them together all at the end when you have 100 times the code. Version control is especially important, because you might want to track changes, go to an old codebase, or cherry pick specific changes to a new branch. Even if you aren't using any aspects of it, keeping your version control properly might help you in unexpected ways later, and you'll be glad you have that version and code history on hand when you need it. It's better to put in the bit of effort and have it when you need it than to not and possibly be SOL because you don't have the snapshot of the specific version of your code they you need to look at.

Excuse me, I was distracted by the Monster Girl Island dev cucking out, lying through his teeth, and getting triggered by happy merchants.

I have made a small mountainous forest scene that is going to be used for generating Unit Icons. For the 2 remaining icons I don't have the blender files for them and thus I cannot be bothered fiddling around with them since I need to redo them anyway soon enough.

Also yesterday I worked on the sounds a bit well not really since I took them from Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 at least temporary till I find a better source or so. I might really replace the Machine Gun sounds effect through because they don't sound so good.

Those are adorable, would stare at while waiting for shit to get built / 10

You simply set the room speed to a high number (200), calculate the actual deltatime, and move everything based on that. It caps the max framerate at 200, but aside from that it'll run well even on machines where it can only hit 30.
If you weren't retarded you'd have bought the humble bundle with a bunch of tools including various GM export modules. I personally don't use GM for making actual games, but it's a nice tool to prototype in.

Nice design you've got there. I'm also working on my inventory UI at the moment.

Your post seems to be bretty informative, I screencapped it.

Thanks fam, I will sure do make more icons that way and more scenery rendering to keep it a bit fresh. Hmm I find it interesting that both in-game and the icons themselves in Tiberian Dawn 1 are much smaller yet all those buildings and units are easily identifiable and my icons are in higher resolution 96x96 yet not all of them are easily visible in-game I guess I need to do some further changes to my icons so that the player can easily "read" them.

What happened?

The tldr is that they said they wouldn't add futa/gay shit while they were on 8ch, got a lot of Patreon backers, then listened to the Patreon people and flipped the middle finger at us.
Or something like that

Are you going to have winter maps?

Little things

Wait, so the Patreon people convinced them to add futa/gay?

That or he had some kind of self insert trap character

I don't know, I have no interest in MGI one way or the other, but the thread was pretty salty so Iurked it a bit… maybe someone else can be more specific

Spring has already several dozens of maps in various theme and season. For the winter icon and unit textures well Spring doesn't let me do that in any straightforward way so no I sadly cannot do those.

More or less what said, except he also fucked up his new "I don't care about Holla Forums" act by personally showing up to damage control on /monster/ and fucking up the old "I'm totally leaving for good but actually lurking to see what you say about me" trick by getting triggered after the thread was derailed by anons laughing at him. It doesn't help that his lies got sillier and sillier as more screencaps were posted, eventually growing into shit like "traps are gay but they aren't yaoi."
It probably wouldn't bother people so much if he didn't go back on his word after repeatedly promising not to add traps.

didn't Yandere Dev do that too with Holla Forums?

Pretty much

Though if I had to choose between you guys and $3,000 a month, I'd sadly say I'd choose the money, because as much fun as it is to shitpost, bills come first, y'know?

They're still insufferable faggots about the whole thing

If it's true, then I'm not surprised. That genre is pozzed outside of this community.

how in the fuck is this an acceptable way for a manual to introduce assignments

You don't have to chose between the two, he was already making $21k a month in Patreonbucks before he announced the trap. Besides, harsh imageboard feedback can be really good if you embrace it and I wouldn't abandon all that for a sudden, short term income boost.

Do you understand the concept, or…?

Lua is one of the few languages that does multiple assignments. Though, I have the orange "Programming in Lua" book kicking around, it doesn't seem to go into a lot of depth on any one topic. Even the online language docs are pretty sparse, compared to say, C# or something.

I understand the concept now, I was unaware that it was essentially creating two lists, evaluating statements, and then assigning the second list to the first list

I know a few languages already so I was just taken aback

is there something like a /3/ board on here?
the search engine isn't working

Why didn't he just make another game? Why are anons always so retarded?

What is wrong with it?

There used to be /3d/ but I don't know how active it is.

You subscribe to the channels locally and the client checks every channel and gives out a list of videos like youtube's subscription system.
Youtube won't have a subscription list as it is kept locally, as a text file or something like that.
The client is a third party program.

Is this a good idea? Is there something like this?

Just checked the thread on /monster/. Christ. And you know what's funny? I don't even mind. If he gets off on gay shit, then that's fine for all I care (and I'm a regular on /monster/ and about as vanilla as it gets). The reason for that is that I have better things to do with my time than getting all worked up about the fetishes of some dude I never met (or ever will meet for that matter).
What gets to me is the needless lying. It's like both him and Yandev went out of their ways to handle these situations in the poorest ways possible.
So I guess Tetrachromedev is the next one on the list of devs who turn out to be faggots once Tumblr asks nicely.

thanks,
it looks pretty ok

delete this

Is that the 3D beat em up with the futury robot?

what did he mean by this?

He's also kicking random backers from a backer-exclusive Discord channel because he's asshurt about a /monster/ user screencapping the stupid shit they post there.

Yup. Looks fun so far.

Yeah I'm not sympathetic, the board owner is just banning anyone who even questions the consensus.

It seems every Holla Forums dev eventually just starts getting shat on until they either roll in shit themselves or leave.

It's not surprising that the dev went to add that content though. The /monster/ board is vanilla, but the monster genre outside of the board is the complete opposite of it. The CoC crowd with multiboobs, herms and traps is more popular than /monster/ crowd for a long amount of time.

Are you tetrachromedev? Is Tetrachrome the working title of your game? Just want to clarify because I've been collecting your waifu posts and I still don't know what you plan on calling your game.

aye

Pls answer. I want to use youtube without jewgle knowing what tea I like the most.

oh

Get the quints on board ill call it in

came here to check 'em, but also nice model

You would requestion the videos in your local subscription via their api, so even though they aren't storing your subscriptions, they can easily see which video feeds you request. You could also write a script to check for updates and rip new videos without something like youtube-dl.

*with something like youtube-dl

bravo Nolan!

Just finished setting this up.

Now I can just shit out a byte[4] and it automagically draws things

I like big gals

Well, I'm going to cut you some slack here. After all, you're a Polish user, if memory serves. And the next election here in Germanistan decides whether I'll immigrate to Poland in future.

Here is how I see it.
If you actually go through with making a game and don't just stay a nodev forever, you will have to deal with PR problems at some point. With how gigantic even the indie gaming community is, it's incredibly naïve to consider friction between you and your following anything other than an inevitability. It doesn't even have to be your fault, since you can get caught up in some random shitstorm for no good reason. If you are a solo-dev, you have no one to delegate this to so you absolutely need to be able to handle those situations appropriately. In the case of MGI dev, the actual mistake wasn't him adding the content in question. The mistake was him promising that he wouldn't. There's two possibilities here: he either had those fetishes to begin with, or he developed them in meantime. Either way, he completely mishandled the situation.

You already are into that sort of shit:
Your answer should be either being upfront about it:
or at the very least not making any promises:
Even if option 1 doesn't go anywhere, it's still the best way to go about it. Rather than building a bridge to burn in the future, you test the waters and come to the conclusion that this particular community isn't your target audience, then go on with your life. No harm done.

If you decide that you want to add such content after you promised some people that you wouldn't, you go back to option 1 from before and try to find a way of doing so without pissing them off. Yes, they will probably be upset, but they have every right to be. After all, you went back on your word. You're a liar, but (and this is the big difference to what MGI dev did) you aren't also an asshole about it.

just doing some tracking

Doesn't sound triumphant enough to match the title.

working on my resource system

this array will point to all the textures, so that I know to free them later on, and so that i can just pass around an int and look it up in the array, instead of doing other kinds of bullshit

closer

Good job user, now draw the rest of the owl

PR is one of the most heavily-underrated and yet highly-relied-upon skills for devving.

I'm not super-experienced, but I've found it's best to be both as transparent as possible ("This is just my answer for now, it might change down the line") and aware of your own limitations ("Oh, I didn't think of it like that, I see what you mean now").
Another vital skill is learning to take bantz. A lot of times, people are shitting on you not out of genuine malice but for fun, and learning to roll with the punches is pretty difficult since a lot of folks want to have people like their stuff. Pick and choose your battles, learning between when people are trying to get in some jabs for the heat of the moment and when people are actively trying to yank you down.
I think this sort of thing really could have just classified as the former. Really, the entire situation boils down to "Dude said there wouldn't be traps, now there is a trap", which as far as dev sins go is pretty fucking light. But then he went and turned it into a fire.

Even then, inevitably, there's still going to be someone that doesn't like a thing that happened.
Like said already, there's going to be SOMETHING going wrong eventually, some drama is always going to explode and someone is going to trip up over something somewhere and people are always going to get up in arms over it.
But never underestimate the power of simply stepping back, looking at things for a bit, cooling off, and then going "Oh, oops. I fucked up. Sorry."

Girl is cute, I'd hold hands with her.

I've wanted something like this for years.

A few threads back, I saw someone mention that one of the retarded things that YanDev did was use strings in comparative statements.

Why was this bad?

This is the exact experience I made throughout my entire life thus far. It almost seems like people don't like getting lied to. Who would have thought?
And yes, she is cute.

Inefficient, very prone to errors, inflexible.

Inefficient on what level? In my game, I need to be able to compare letters. Typos aren't really a concern, as there'd only ever be 26 possibilities, capital A-Z. If they're just slow computationally, can I get around it by converting them to their unicode values first? I like that drawing.

he was using the for flags, when you should be using bitflags.

Imagine an int. Like even a large one, like 2 billion. That fits into a single 32 bit int. To compare it to another 32 bit int, you simply check if they're the same 32 bits.
Now think of a string. A string is made of chars. A char is usually 8 bits, but depending on the language and encoding can be 32 bits. Let's say it has 8 characters. To compare it to another string you check if the first char is the same. Then the second. Then the third. Etc. Do you see how that is slower?
If you need to compare letters, it's fine. Yandev used it with ever growing strings like "TeacherSeesYou", "CoveredInBlood", and "TeacherSeesYouCoveredInBlood."

I'm currently working on an insect themed SHMUP on GODOT, but I'm too nervous to show it.

Consider some large things. Maybe books.
If you wanted to make sure you had two copies of the same book, would you rather check the title (or some other symbolic identifier), or go through the entire book until you're sure that they are or are not the same thing?
Best case scenario, you open it up and see that the first letter's different and conclude that they are not the same book. Worst case scenario, you go through the entire book all the way to the end to make absolutely sure that it matches because the last letter might be different. It'll also not match if there's a typo in there somewhere. And you do this with every book you want to compare it against every time, until you've gone through all the ones you want to check it against.

That is just a tiny bit more contrived than comparing numbers or booleans.

What is he thinking with those wings? It makes it harder to see her ass, that's not okay.

I know it's hard to tell, but pic 2 is a connectivity graph, i.e. a graph of what triangles connect to what others. I intend to use it for path finding and physics.

gxx is odd.

God damn. Could he not have set constants which represented each state instead?

In any case, this probably still doesn't matter too much in my particular circumstance, since I would only ever be comparing a string of one character against another string of one character, but I'll make them numbers anyway. At least that way I'm certain to only ever be comparing 8-bit ints.

babbies first coding is really fun.

It's not like strings are some extremely inefficient monsters in and of themselves, but that they are comparatively slow for a lot of operations. So they're typically a poor choice for the job at hand. Typically you only want to use strings when dealing with plaintext data (e.g. showing something to the user, reading user input, reading plaintext files). Explain what exactly you're planning to do with them and we're likely going to come up with a better solution.
The underlying problems with strings comes back down to how your data structures look like. Strings can be implemented in various ways, with various drawbacks. Look at Unreal 4 for example. They have three types of strings and it's not like this is needlessly convoluted. You have FString, FText and FName. All of them serve a specific purpose.
The most important distinction is whether your strings are mutable or immutable. Most strings are immutable, which means that they are reasonably fast to read and compare, but string manipulations (like concatenation) are slow, because you can't change such a string. Instead you create a new one and discard the old one. In languages like C and C++ this means that you call free() and delete often (which is expensive), while adding pressure to the garbage collector in languages like Java and C# (which brings its own problems).
Mutable strings allow you change the strings efficiently, but it makes reading and comparing slower, because you have a chain of substrings. Depending on how this chain is handled, you have further trade-offs. You either waste memory and get the occasional performance hit (array based list) or you don't waste memory, but get an overall degradation in performance (linked list).

It's not just a performance consideration, but also likelihood of bugs. The compiler will warn you if you accidentally type isuspet instead of isupset, but not if you use "isuspet" instead of "isupset".

You're very likely better off using an enumeration of some sort instead of a string, especially if the behavior is hardcoded. It really depends what you're doing.

No, they aren't slow computationally, they just become slow for longer strings because it's an individual comparison for each character in the string. If you have them stored as a char, then they already are stored as their Unicode value (which will be the ASCII value). How else would they be stored in memory?

1-4 comparisons (depending on what size variable you're working with) turns into 1 comparison per letter. Also I'd imagine the 1-4 comparisons for a number would be way faster than 1-4 comparisons for a string since numerical shit is built into the CPU.

First, if your string is only ever going to hold a single character, don't make it a string. I don't know what language you're using (I'm going to just offhand assume C#), but by making them strings you're needlessly using up extra memory for a set of methods you're going to have literally no use for.

Second, don't convert them to integers. Leave them as characters, for God's sake. There are a set of preemptive optimizations that make sense (changing strings to characters if they only need to hold a single character value, as a completely random example), and then there are a set of preemptive optimizations that will just make your life a living hell (converting character values to integers which will increase your speed on any comparison by, at most, an increment of nil over nil). Just don't do it.

This depends on your OS and how you're allocating. C++ makes it pretty easy to use arena allocation which is essentially free (though copying for the string data won't be free), and good kernels like Linux do something like arena allocation for your program (so on your first malloc, it will overallocate based on available memory and then allocate from this pool as requested without switching context).

The big arguments against the use of strings in this manner, in my opinion, aren't necessarily performance. The biggest issue is that using strings in this way is semantically wrong. A string is supposed to be a string of characters, both in actuality and semantically. Using strings to carry logic in your program is almost always the wrong thing. It destroys static analysis, destroys error checking, and makes no sense semantically. The fact that it hurts performance is a side-effect of using a useful tool in the wrong way.
A good example of my argument is using gotos for flow control and branching. It works, and it's usually almost as fast, but despite being efficient, it's wrong because it introduces bugs and breaks down semantic meaning. In programming, the most important thing (even moreso that performance) is knowing what you're doing and why. If you don't know these things and you still manage to get your program to do the right thing, it was likely an accident, it probably won't do the right thing for long, and when it does the wrong thing, you'll never be able to figure out why it broke or how to fix it. Manually setting and checking internal strings to facilitate program state and logic is, first and foremost, a broken understanding of programming, and as a far second it is inefficient.

I can think of two reasons:

This is the most obvious, yet actually most insignificant concern. A string comparison obviously takes longer than comparing two strings, but does it matter? Depends on how often it's executed. If you're just performing a few lookups per frame you're fine. It's only a problem in tight loops. Also, in Lua it's not a problem, since Lua has a global string table, so comparison is O(1). You're supposed to use strings, since Lua doesn't have enums (and emulating it with tables is no different, since t.a is just sugar for t["a"]. No really, it is)

If you are doing string comparisons, you need to be careful with spelling. For instance, if you accidentally type "bloood" instead of "blood", swap an l with an I or misspell in any other way, that particular branch will never be taken and it won't be obvious why. Everyone makes misstakes, which is why we have compilers that complain as much as possible. Since every string is a valid symbol, the compiler will never notice anything off. If you instead use enums, then if you mispell, the compiler will complain about undefined symbols, meaning you catch the error imediately.

thanks cooking dev

It's a common wisdom to not bother optimizing code that isn't executed often enough to meaningfully impact performance.

That's because commands only run while you're on a line with that command. In other trackers like famitracker this is not true though.

I once had to work with a large amount of strings to control logic. There really wasn't a way to work around this either, because that specific part of the Unity API was dogshit. I still didn't type that crap in manually. Instead, I wrote myself a code generator.

As multiple Anons already pointed out, it's a poor solution on the first place. And fixing bad code design is something you better do early, before you build an entire software stack that depends on your poor decisions.

I'd say the cost of using strings as an identifier is minimal at worst.

To use C# as an example, every object instance has a GetHashCode() method, which is used to generate an int32, primarily for the internal hashset implementation of Dictionary. So even if you use a Dictionary, you're still technically indexing it via integers but with a string being passed to it.

Also, there's a difference between "==" and ".Equals". The first checks reference equality, and the second checks value equality. In the case of ==, it will always check values for structures, which are value types and cannot have reference semantics, but for reference types (such as strings), the comparison is as cheap as any other object.

The only time any overhead (in relation to the other checks) will be involved, is if you use String.Equals excessively, since it has to basically check each index of both strings to ensure that they are in fact, equal.

I like your design but rule of thumb when making an RTS is that everything needs to be as easy to distinguished as possible from each other.

You want the ground and the building to have contrast to each other so they are easier to locate in the menu.

This is only my/our placeholders but they are pretty easy to just see what they do even in small sizes.

Char is a value type, similar to any number. In fact, it is easily castable to and from bytes, because that's basically what it is.
In comparison, a String is a reference type. It isn't a value itself, but contains a bucket to hold values. In this case, a char[].

Both have their uses, and again, a 1-length string isn't necessarily bad if that's the semantics you require.
Hell, I've implemented things that use a 0-length array before.

I like your design but rule of thumb when making an RTS is that everything needs to be as easy to distinguished as possible from each other.

You want the ground and the building to have contrast to each other so they are easier to locate in the menu.

This is only my/our placeholders but they are pretty easy to just see what they do even in small sizes. edit sizes

Each player has a deck of cards and draws five of them at the beginning of the game. Each player's game will need to know who has what cards in their decks, and thus, information about them will have to be passed through the network. Most card information is tied to the identity of the card, so all that's needed is for the identity (0-255) to be sent, and the clients can fill in most of the information themselves.

However, each card also has an A-Z character attached to it, which is set randomly when the player obtains it, and isn't necessarily related to the identity of the card. Because of this, it can't be looked up by the clients later, so this character will have to be sent along with the card's identity. This way, after the server receives everyone's decks, shuffles them, and then distributes those shufflings to the clients, every game is aware of what cards there are, what characters are attached to which cards, and what order they're in.

This whole train of thought started because I began wondering if it'd be slower to send strings over the internet, and/or if I'll run into trouble comparing them later.

I like how everyone is very quick to point out it's inefficient even though that's almost certainly not relevant at all
I think a lot of people put way to much emphasis optimization but about 95% of the code you write is not worth optimizing. and by that I mean if you optimize that code it will make no discernible difference to your framerate
The bigger reason it was bad is because it's more error prone and harder to maintain with that said I ultimately don't think this is really that big of a deal or that there really is that much wrong with writing "bad" code as long as it works and it makes sense to you, progress is progress and it's important not to get to worked up over little things like this.

Look at a program like Cockatrice, an MTG emulator.

Each data file has is hashed. Two players cannot play against each other if their hashes are mismatched, which means the files do not match. This is as simple as comparing two int32s, which are trivial to send across the network.

Likewise, each card has an index number associated with it, so a deck consists only of 60 or so integers. The rest is constructed by the client. If you wanted to have the letter set by the client, use something like a [timestamp + player ID] as a seed, which can be reproduced at will for debugging, is logical, and unpredictable to the players.

What could you possibly need a String of length 1 for that you couldn't equally do with just a character value? I'm wracking my brain and I can't think of a single thing.

Certainly not to any degree that would impact performance as compared to a single character. I mean, I'd say there's definitely an impact on networking time based on the size of the information you're sending, but the increase you'd get from sending a moderately sized string as compared to a single character would probably be negligible.

If all of your strings are just a single letter long, then you won't have most of the issues that arise as a result of using string comparison (i.e. spelling shit differently in different parts of code, or changing string values in one place and forgetting to change them elsewhere, etc.). I still don't like the idea of using a single character string as opposed to just a simple character, but overall I suppose the impact on anything you do would be close to nothing. Just a pet peeve, I guess.

for your viewing pleasure

get out of here yandev.

implying yandev would ever come back here.

Forgot to mention:
Comparing them is used similarly to how one makes pairs, three-of-a-kind, full houses, etc. in poker, which then generates special effects. It's only ever a consideration when actually playing the cards, on which there's a limit of five of at a time. So at most, I'd only ever be checking to see if five cards have the same character.

You mean as a version-checking precaution, to make sure they have the same cards?
I'm thinking I didn't articulate that well enough. The letters aren't generated per match. The players own their own cards and decks, and the character attached to a card is set permanently when they first obtain the card. Decks are two-column 2D arrays, which contain the card ID in the first column and the character in the second.

ay

The original is horrible 255x256

Marvelous

Know I'm late but..
Don't make and rig the entire model, just make something nice and easy to rig and animate like pic 2 here. It's so good that most people doesn't care when you show it off, and not cheap enough that people notice lack of animations.

sloppy work, removed background, added alpha channel… autism demands it

Pretty sure what you said isn't correct, and it might have something about how fast I hit another GXX, but I don't know

Enjoy crazybass

Oh, fuck me, now more of what you've all said makes sense. I'm using GML for this, which is the first language I've learned outside of web shit. In GML, you rarely have to worry about variable type, and all text is treated as strings, so I wasn't aware that chars, as a type of primitive, even existed. Shit like this is why I'm changing engines for my next project.

*five minutes messing with envelopes later*

It is user I've been practicing this shit for a while now.

Oops!
We're sorry. It looks like a problem

sorry for doubting you

its okay user
at least you have the balls to share your stuff

I've never used GML. From what you've said, it sounds like the Javascript of game languages.

And that's awful.

i have nobody to blame but myself
also the whole 'crazybass' thing is a joke(though it's inspired by the bassline of cd_orbit(and that works quite well)), arguably i've made more 'functional' songs before, but i'm not a fan of their sound.

I am not sure at all how to do PR, when I posted my game the thread was basically a complete shitstorm from the beginning. I still dont know how or why it happened.

archive.is/QmooX

Unrelated, this is progress on the code I was writing. I decided to use a linked list instead of an array.

cd_orbit is this

They're syntactically similar, yes. I don't know enough about JS, or any other language for that matter, to make a detailed analysis of it, though.

Also, I never realized until just now that the ribcage of this skeleton stretches when it cranks its arm back. Though ever so slightly, its worth has been diminished in my eyes.

They're soft-typed languages, where you can go a=false, a="hello", and a=10 all in one go and not make the compiler mad. It's very common in scripting and interpreted languages.

Compare with a compiled, strongly-typed language like C++ or C#.

You mean compare against.

No, you compare with and you contrast against.

Alright, my housemates and I are looking to learn some shit and scam some sheckles out of the VR market. Which engine should we use?

Unity is fast, flexible, and cross platform.
Lots of people shit out games in jams with it

"Compare against" is correct. So is compare with. "Compare against" is very commonly-used in programming, implying the former is a reference point or to imply a contrasting comparison (after all, contrasting is a kind of comparison).
I use "compare against" primarily in programming and "compare with" elsewhere, though neither is more correct than the other. Most programmers I use only say "compare against" in a programming context.

This, unity have the most assets as well so you can basically buy anything you can't make yourself

Okay fine, I'll take a break from programming for a few days, geez

Also why is "wool" a unzips dick icon and "gold" is "pay attention to me because I have tits!"?

What do you mean by serious momentum? Kickstarter dollars?

Huge fanbase and a steady or gigantic burst of income. Only to not plan out accordingly and bomb. No Man's Sky, Yandre-dev, Mr. Shitface's games lately, Mighty No 9, god knows what else.

are you using WINE or some shit for that to work?

I hear there's a saying in business: "Under-Promise, Over-Deliver."

The idea being that you can always ingratiate yourself to your clients by telling them they're getting the bare minimum, and then going above and beyond. However, even if if there's a catastrophic failure on your end, and you fail to meet the expectation you've set for yourself, because your planning theoretically accommodated excellence, such a failure is still likely to deliver "the bare minimum," which is exactly what was promised.

Video games, for some reason, don't seem to work by this principle. Instead, it's "Promise Infinity, deliver whatever gets done before the deadline." No doubt it's been the more profitable method, at least for AAA games, but it doesn't seem to work quite as well for small teams who can be hated on an individual level.

Glad to see you're making progress!
A long while back you linked to your devblog, could you link it again?

Thing is AAA studios have layers and layers and layers of the business planning stuff I mentioned in place. That's why they actually put out a semi-acceptable product where as most small teams flat out fail to deliver the basics. This is also why so much so all their stuff is sterile and why AAA gamedev is a god awful job, since they optimize the fuck out of their work routine to get the most out of their workers.

Also they get away with it because they mostly work through buying off youtubers and media journalists, so those people hype them up and their dumbass fans usually fall for it. Especially when you consider most journalists don't even play games. AAA is so big now that most people don't even give a shit if devs literally just copy-paste shit for sequels since there's so much hype around it. Vid related is a pretty good parody of how marketing works now.

Small studios don't really have the same thing going for them, but they also have a habit of just completely imploding on themselves. The only indie studio I know of that really does the AAA is frictional games. They made Pnumbra then Amnesia then outsourced their sequel to Amensia which sucked, then made Soma which sucked (from what I heard I gave up on them at this point). AAA letdown, but they still delivered a product where as most failed indie games are obviously unfinished.

lua is pretty fun

Im making an infinite mario themed game. So far Im liking it a lot and Im having a lot of fun. Sorry about the compression but I gotta keep it small.

Wow, mayans confirmed for complete retards. Not only are those symbols difficult to draw, they actively obfuscate their meaning. No wonder they died out.

Good up until wheat, where they are yet again arbitrary. How about using that astronomical straight line budget to construct shapes that actually resemble what they represent? It's not even a cultural thing, since wheat fields look the same eveywhere on the planet.

I guess ancient humans were just retarded in general and now we suffer for it. Natural language is the epitome of bad design.

What?

Is that done in LÖVE? How are you learning Lua? The blue PIL book?

I'm pretty sure he means acceptable as in "the quality expected by the market," not anything actually technologically or artistically meaningful.

That doesn't say much since vidya consumers are some of the saddest faggots who've walked this earth.

Yeah it's LÖVE. I was using a website I found by searching for "while loop lua" that just happens to be the online version of that book. Everything’s horribly inefficient at the moment, just getting used to the syntax and learning some functions for trigonometry. And enjoying drawing quality art.

Current generational problems may be making it worse, but shitty marketing practices like that have worked since nearly the beginning of time. Snake Oil and Indulgences were very popular in their respective ages.

Seems like nier:automata used the former, and was a huge success; although admittedly it's one of the worst performing games I've played in ages holy fuck do they need better graphics programmers.
Otherwise there's games like NMS, that one lobby simulation shooter game, MN9, and other such titles that over promised, and bombed hard (be it publicity wise, massive refunds, etc).

I find that most people developing games, or at least here, have an idealist mindset; which I'm sure this is true for most who love games and attempt to develop a game of their own.
This leads to shit like over polishing (pointless polishing, maybe you'll just tossed out later, i.e. only optimize when necessary), over detailing (feature creep), and most have quite an idealistic approach to what is considered "finished"; e.g. wasting time on menial details that may be tossed out and changed later/etc.
The games that have been released finished from half/full /agdg/ are from devs that have a pragmatic mindset, and just get shit done; without letting that idealistic mindset get in the way.
All those other games which have that idealistic approach generally result in them being forgotten/abandoned (so many goddamn examples if you've been browsing the /agdg/ boards for at least a bit), or released in an unpolished/"unfinished" state (which may never be finished); which it's even possible that the dev only realizes later that their idealized image they promised to the world isn't realizable.

Although, I can't be one to say for certain, as I'm admittedly trying to shed that idealistic mindset, and move into a more pragmatic mindset; for my own sanity…

The model hasn't changed, it has merely been retextured.

Anyone know anything that can convert .c4d and .mdl files into .fbx while maintaining their current skeleton rigging?

I'm the dude working on the Lost Planet VS mod for Ark: Survival Evolved, which uses .fbx

I tried Noesis, but it can't open .c4d files.

Cinema4D

hmmm something like this?

Getting some doujin soft vibes. Them nips love that specific sound. At least until the abrupt change.
I should probably actually finish some of the song ideas I've been kicking around forever.

ty

Not exactly sure what you mean, but as far as player attachments (armor, weapons, etc) I have attachment points for hair, mainhand, and offhand slots on every frame of the player spritesheet which I had to create manually, and then for armor (Chest and Legs) they're simply overlapped onto the sprite. I don't think it's as complex as anything you're doing there though.

I have so much UI and it is always such a pain to make. Anonymous Func Delegates have been a huge boon though.

multiverselabyrinth.tumblr.com/
I haven't been posting because I've been too busy, and making >>patreon

I just dont understand how people how turn their back on Holla Forums like that. Like, anons say stuff about my game all the time, but Its not like it offends me deeply, especially to the point that I would leave the site. You need a level self awareness and a expected level of thick skin to dev here, I think.

I just want Python scripting. I just want Python scripting.

Have you tried Blender game?

Fuck no, I wouldn't long enough to finish development.

Cinema4D can open .c4d, and I think .mdl is Source.

If it is Source, you're going to need the crowbar decompiler to get them into .smd, and then the blender source tools to get the .smd into blender, at which point you could turn them into whatever format you need.
The skeleton data should be maintained throughout this.

to be honest, this site is much less toxic towards creators than halfchan/v/ or their /agdg/ in /vg/.
At least when people shit on you here they usually give you reasons why they're shitting on you. 4chan users generally just sperg out like dumbfucks for no reason.

Of course most people don't visit either of these sites, and instead go to reddit/tumblr because they don't like having their feelings hurt. imageboards aren't for everyone.

You can use it for 2d or 2.5d.

Actually, now that you mention it I wanted to talk to you guys about some stuff. MoM user here

I know anons here usually joke about the content of my work being furshit*, and faggy**, but from what I shown in the past, is it bad enough to be obnoxious?.. More so, is it enough to hamper the enjoyment of playing my game?

I am just curious since I dont want to put anyone off. I know they are some people who would like such content in my games as male equivalent of eye candy, but I am just curious how the average joe such as you guys feel. I dont want it feel like I am injecting POZ garbage into peoples faces, as I generally feel obnoxious. But I feel a bit guilty some times in that I feel like some of my personal preferences make it into my work without intending to do so.

Like I just want to hear your guys honest opinion on it. Most people dont seem to mind, but I feel like they are trying to point out the elephant in the room.

Oh yes, Update tomorrow

It's fine, it's part of the games character, it's pretty gay though. You can't please everyone.

you're obviously into furry diaper shit, but that might help you sell

But user, my game is free to play!
I cant tell if you yanking my chain or not about the diaper stuff.

Its funny you mention that however, since I have had people say my game is basically undertale before.

I just hope its not not enough to put people off from it.

nothing on the surface really jumps out to me as "gay furshit", but everyone's going to have a different opinion on that.
but more useful question would be, are you devving for yourself or for Holla Forums?

If your personal preferences accidentally make it into your work, would that make you happy? Or do you value appealing to the people that otherwise might not play your game because of it, instead?
This isn't meant to be a "just b urself :^)" post. Neither choice is wrong, but I think it might benefit you to define who exactly you're trying to attract with your game, and stick to it.
I really think that's where these devs like Yandev and the MGI guy went wrong. They try to appeal to fucking everyone and just manage to piss everyone off.

I will never consider even making a account at those places, Tumblr for the sole reason it is a SJW+Terrorist shit hole and plebbit has it's own fair share of problems such as shitty threads style, the plebbit host being a freedums hating bolshevik among other things.

I am think I am doing a bit of both, honestly. I mean in the sense that I want people to enjoy the game from a game play standpoint, but the aesthetics are just all me. The main reason I started this project to begin with is because I didnt feel they were enough games in Vein of System Shock 2's Simplistic RPG Mechanics, and because I equally didnt feel like they were many games in the style of the old Camelot JRPG guys such as Shining Force/Golden Sun. My main worry is they is so many instances of people making decisions for themselves, but doing so in the wrong way. Be it fellow former Holla Forums devs like that Monster Girl guy and Yandev, or bigger names like the Yookah Laylee devs, who pretty much tainted their legacy due to how they want to go around with handling these issues.

I just worry sometimes that I can get on people ire, like even small stuff saying MoM user here. I just hope people dont find me too obnoxious when I post here.

I'm not drunk or over emotional or anything right now, Its just I been curious what people think considering I been posting in these threads for nearly a year and a half now!

The only problem with your character I have right now is the human character looks more like a boy instead of looking like a Rambo, you mentioned anyway previously that any NPC can be killed so it's fine by me. that and I can use my other mod anyway on it to give those NPC a 3 kilogram shelling :^)

Needs thicker thighs.

I SHOULD point out; yes, you can kill every NPC; in fact, the only NPC you cant kill right away is the King and Princess. But you can kill them; just imagine it like Lord British from the later Ultima games.

They is a plot reason why you cant too, but I wont go into spoilers yet!

I think I mentioned this already, but Some NPC's Turn into Minibosses if you attack them, with their own unique battle to their character.

Also, the main reason the MC is a teenager is because He is heavily inspired by Bowie from Shining Force II. I am not sure if people are aware, but 3 of the 6 main characters in my game are based on Bowie, Slade and Luke fomr SFII. One of the Major NPCs from my game is Based on Rohde from the same game, too.

sounds autistic

In Yandev's case, he was a known lolcow tripfag before he started devving. You should know enough about the psyche of tripfags to know exactly why they couldn't handle the bantz.

Last time I checkd not even the Blender devs consider BGE a good alternative to any other engine for actual game development. And your game would be restricted by Blender's GPL license, that might not work for everyone here.

It isn't too bad, I wouldn't think too much of the designs as long as the game was fun enough. It's a little bit bara, but as long as you're not too on the nose with it I think you could get away with it.

I wouldn't say that as pointed out rightfully. I don't know what happened there either. I mean that game was quite crap, but that was some grade-A bullshit. I took my time to play for an hour or so and give the dev an itemized list of what I thought was wrong with it. Still, I respect Sigmadev for actually writing his own engine, the madman.
The price you pay for the freedom and anonymity we have here, is that occasionally discussions get shat up by either a faggot or a regular user who had a bad day for no reason.
I can't speak about 4chan, since I left the site back when Moot decided to get rid of #gg and never went back.
I won't touch Tumblr with a ten-foot pole, since there is just so. much. cancer. over there.
I'll probably end up making a reddit at some point though. I'll need that feedback and the other option would be to tell all the normalfags to come over here and I don't think anyone of us wants that.

The thing with AAA devs is that they have huge marketing budgets and teams. They can get away with under-delivering simply by virtue of being able to drum up hype. The average indie dev can't usually rely on that.
Here is a hot tip to avoid that bullshit: Don't promise that your game will have anything you haven't already implemented. It's not that hard.

AAA games have higher overall standards than indie games (which isn't saying a whole lot). Look at Mass Effect Andromeda and the last Batman game. Both of them got shat on, yet neither of them come even close to the degree of shittyness that is your average Unity game on Steam. I can't think of a single AAA game released in the last few years that's anywhere near Revolution 60, just to name an example. And Rev60 isn't even the worst the indie market has to offer by a long shot.

I don't think we should condemn every developer on this site, because our sample size is very small. It's literally two guys who turned out to be idiots. I'm watching you, Tetrachromedev.

Since I use Unreal, I don't have to get down to the nitty and gritty of UI development. However, instead I have to learn how to use a complex UI framework that's part of a complex engine. The fact that I switched from Unity to Unreal certainly doesn't make that any better. Those two engines are similar enough for you to think that you can do things "the Unity way" in Unreal, but different for it to blow up in your face on a regular basis.

I don't really like the way the characters look tbh
Also I'm definitely getting some kinda sexualized vibes from these guys

but why

That's pretty damn good for a first day fucking with it without having known the language already.

Assume the worst, but hope for the best.

Have you already decided on a setting? What sort of environment will your game take place in?

link your nsfw stuff tbh

well that's a concern huh '3'

My niggas.

Now someone please bully some fucking motivation into me.

I'm no good at bullying. All I can tell you is that if you fail to make any game, you're less capable than pic related. Not even figuratively speaking here, but literally.

should I merge the bangs with the side strands?
how does animu hair work in 3D in general?

also is it ok to weekly post here for 3D advice/feedback? I want to make a game someday but first I'm focused on practicing 3D right now

Of course.
Since you're working in Blender, you might want to use a matcap while working on the shape of your waifu (3d view -> properties panel (N) -> Shading). You can get some fake lighting with it, without having to mess around with actual light sources. That way you can spot problems with your normals easier.

Depends.
If you're going to cel-shade your model, you could probably get away with not merging it, but if you're using realistic lighting it's going to be noticeable.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwUmjbhzm1M
This guy has really good tutorials on this stuff.

You need a .mdl decompiler like Crowbar. This will spit out uncompiled .smd files (one for the model and several for any animations). From here you'll need a plugin to import .smd but most of the major 3D editors have them including Blender; just look them up. The rig stays with the model and from here you can export to whatever format your progran accepts.

thanks, it's much easier to see things now compared to the default material
I knew how to use matcap but I didn't use it in this method.

I liked his 'how to make anime in blender' one and I learned alot out of it. he's based

I guess I'm going to keep the hair seperate/hide it since it's celshaded.
I'm more focused on making a animu head for now but it's something to consider later when I get decent at it

14 hours straight will do that. Thanks again for the recommendation.

I've actually completed what I was doing. It's downloadable through this link but you wont get much more out of it than the mp4 provides. Just a few low quality sound bites. drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL5Ga-mKk8oemd5d1F0bXEyWTg/view?usp=sharing

Yes, OpenMPT works fine in the wine, since the devs specifically mess around to have it so.(AFAIK they plan for a linux port)

Yes, the game is designed from start to finish with some gaps that need to be filled in. (there's some blank slots for enemies and bosses, and a few plot holes that need to be patched)
The environment is anime a sci-fi city/colony with a medieval flavor to it. The exact layout and structure is something I'm trying to work out right now. I need something that looks good, works with the gameplay, and doesn't need too much stuff like invisible walls. It's insanely difficult to figure this out because of the high jumps and gliding.

take that picture abit further away and change "advanced" to "adv", it should be fine

if you need a reason to add blocks into your game, make it a story one and add something visible that's not 2 feet high debris

listen here faggot only you and you alone can make whatever it is you wanna make and no one else so you best get your sissy boy ass onto it or you're going to develop a disgusting and fairly crippling depression circle where you can't work because you're 2 depressed and you're depressed because you're not working

so shut the fuck up with this stupid being lazy shit and do it already you pathetic slut

Shit user, you don't pull any punches.

I'LL SHOW YOU user.

If I could quite literally lie about being able to make music, 3D model, map, and draw for long enough for me to sort of gain those skills you can fucking making a game you pity party attention craving cunt.
Good luck.

What?

to your invisible wall problemuraror

The problem is that I need to split the whole world into reasonably sized levels in order to keep lightmap build times and the memory footprint low.
If I keep things too open, I'll need some excuse for not letting the player just fly from one area to another.
If I wall things in too hard, it'll look like crap.

What?

I feel you. Games with mobility mechanics like these are only as fun as it is to get around. So adding lots of invisible walls, insta-kill deathtraps and "YOU'RE LEAVING THE GAME, TURN AROUND" bullshit really hurts them.

you can make walls without actually having literal walls here's afew examples

medievil: the art style blends almost seemingly with the black void

spyro: semi-impassible water or falling to your death can be a wall

silent hill: fog blocks your vision so when "walls" come up the game still feels big and open because you've got no visible frame of reference outside of a map so you're free to dictate somewhat how big the player thinks your world is

You've touched on an interesting point. How big a game appears depends largely on how well it is understood. In practice this means you can make something appear bigger by making it more complex and providing as little aids for understanding as possible. You want to show segments just big enough so the player is not getting frustrated by confusion, while being so small he has to strain a bit to put the pieces together in his mind.
This concept can be applied to all kinds of stuff and you may have experienced something similar when listening to music. Even when remembering a song completely you often just remember it in a sequential way, meaning you understand the individual parts of a song and can connect which part plays after another, without actually having a big picture of the overall structure. Reading a score or even just lyrics can help your mind understand the structure of piece immensely and I can say that my enjoyment of a piece often immediately dropped after reading one for the same reason.

I kinda feel the bara and furry aesthetics can both hinder and help interest in your game. Honestly, you might as well just make them how you would want them. There's always going to be someone who's off put by something.

I plan on enjoying your game when it comes out, but I'm going to get a good chuckle out of every time I see those bubble butts.

Anybody here has ever compiled bullet physics ? I have been at it for two weeks and nothing fucking works. I tried everything and everytime there's a fucking file missing that is supposed to come with the bullet source but that is not there and today I have tried this video and the only thing I had was some .o files, no lib, nothing.

I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler, it semi scared me.

Kinda hard to help you with anything with that much info.

There's too much infos to share and nothing is working, I just need somebody who has successfully compile this piece of shit.

Posting the instructions from their github:

I'm running through the process right now. I was able to run the python script no problems. The .sin file they tell you the click next has a slightly different name from the instructions, but the name is similar and the only .sin file. Visual Studio is now installing a bunch of shit including C++. My computer will likely require a restart so I'll post up to this point, but have you made it this far before?

>git clone github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3

just werks
install loonix

Damn, I really like the artstyle here. Reminds me of some really good RPG Maker maps.

So I'm learning Blender and I've gotten to the point where I can make extremely primitive objects with a certain amount of ease, yet I have no clue how people make some objects as detailed as they do. I get that I'll learn the actual process of adding these details eventually. What I'm more worried about is that I won't be able to imagine said details on my models and that I'll be doomed to create low poly shit like a pleb. Is this something that you eventually get a hang of, or do you have to have a specific mindset to *imagine* fine details?

don't compile from vs, run cmake, otherwise the outputted libs will be unusable

It should be so that a totally new person can see what the icon is meant to represent. As you show them in 1, 8, 9,10,17,22 and 23 looks almost identical, the buttons are prob gonna end up half the size as well so they would be very hard to see what is on the images. Have you also thought about making the text appear when highlighting the icon?
You could use colors or something special to differentiate the buildings on the images if you don't want to design your own icons for everything. We have an "Adv. Ore extractor" as well and we only have an image of a drill with a pluss sign. pluss our house icon

What is one melee weapon type you would like to see more in games, specifically the first person type? No need to mention spears, those are already in.

I'd love to see a whip done properly.

that came out better than i thought it would

I'd chip in on this a bit.
If the buildings had clearly distinguishable silhouettes, you could probably get away with just removing the background and trying to accentuate that. The radar, watchtower, coal plant, resource storage, metal generator and construction cranes stand out. But things like the wall, different tanks, motor pool-medium vehicle factory-research center look too similar. And the MG pickup truck is such a clusterfuck that I can't tell if it's a unit or building. If that can't be changed, then color and iconography are probably the best option you have, as well being mindful of the proximity of related elements. Plusses or chevrons on advanced versions of the same unit, making all things producing the same kind of resource be the same background color and generally next to each other. Maybe some differing patterns or accented corners on the backgrounds to denote subtypes of things.

Right now, a lot of the icons' subjects have very little contrast with the rest of the icon. The bright green windows and highlights on some of the icons are nice details that stand out, but they're on too many different things to be a distinguishing element.

A whip, flail, rock in a sock, urumi, meteor hammer or something else bendy and dynamic that involves timing.

Rapiers and katars.

This 1000x

Fixing bugs in Speebot, getting ready for a demo release. Thought I'd share some statistics of the project.

As of today, the Speebot project (including the YUME game engine) has 17,999 lines of code, excluding external game data like maps and text strings. There are 203 code related files, including GLSL shaders, but excluding assets likes textures, models, sounds or maps. The first Git commit was made on January 31, 2016. A total of 484 commits have been made since that day.

Speebot demo coming soon! Excited to have you guys finally play what I've been working on for so long.

i'm okay with this

hmm I could make it so that the background is relative dark and the unit looks more brighter, I could probably slap a few icons on them either for all units or for "special" types only such as construction, resource units and what else so combat unit icons are going to look "regular" . I changed the BTR-70, Adv Ore Extractor and the Light Crane Vehicle.
Is there even a icon rendering example for blender?

Right now I haven't added any GUI Widgets to my mod yet so I am stuck with the provided Spring ones, I have to look at several other Widgets to see what options they can provide for me and if they can help me increasing the visibility of a icon or something. The GUI Widget from Metal Faction is made in a way that units/structures are sorted by a single button groups which has to be pressed for changing the group type.

hmm so hexgonal corner for combat units, octagonal for resource units and spherical for auxillary units?
So a highly simplified icons? Well I have some doubts about that since right now I have T-55 and T-64 and they look relative similar to each others this problem could be further pronounced if I am going to add the AMx variants which have additional armors I am not going to do that now but at other point.
hmm that is going to be a bit difficulty since I plan on having a relative large amount of units on later stages

Also the old Expand & Exterminate mod had special icons for resource structures so energy plants had a blue lightning bolt and metal extractors had some yellowish icon next to it.

Will see for whips and generally bendy physics stuff. Making it physics-based makes it a lot more dynamic but at the same time a lot harder to implement (especially with pre-made animations). Making it too "undynamic" will just defeat the purpose.

Both perfectly doable, especially rapiers since they are (usually) just used for thrusts and makes it easier on the animations.

Hopefully the rest of the basic programming stuff goes smooth so I can move onto making models and animations so I can post some progress here.

LANTERN SHIELD

Oh, also dual wielding daggers. I love when games let you do that well.

Icon shape and colour can help a lot. For example you could have it set up so units are round and buildings are square; combat related things be red, resource related things be blue, support related things be green and so on. That lets the player learn shape and colour meaning to help find what they want.

Here's a quick example. Stylistically obviously do whatever matches your aesthetics.

better?

Units and buildings must be designed to stick out and have clearly different silhouettes, if the player misclicks because the units are to similar and looses it's not going to be something they want to come back to.

Some images

which script do I allow to be able login into youtube? I'm using noscript

Actually the bright green color is part of the team color since the alpha channel on the first texture is used for that.

Hmm something like this?

I'm trying to stream game development but I can't actually tell if it's working to shit to upload and download that much at the same time can one you faggots tell me if this shit is working
twitch.tv/spcgreenman

Working fine, bit quiet tho

Yeah it works. There's also a service that's focused on streaming development but I forget the name.

Vaguely yeah. You'll still need to remove the labels and make the shapes either more distinct or simpler representations. A stop-gap could be to just render all the units/buildings in an isometric view and use that as a base for the symbol. It would help you get feedback on what looks too similar too.

Icon of tank. Icon of tank with beefier turret, slight stripes in the background, and maybe a slight tilt on the barrel. Icon of same tank but with a little shield symbol, or accented parts in places where you'd expect to find armor. If the player wants the more expensive tank with more oomph, they'll know it's the stripey one. Or if they want the weaker one but with armor plating, then the regular one with a shield or highlights. It's not important to tell the whole story of a tank in one small simplified image, but the essentials. You want to be able to tell what family it belongs to if it's alone, say, by barrel tilt or some other detail of the icon itself, and if it's different than the ones right next to it. If it has more fancy shit in the background than another one, it must be superior.
You're writing a language here.

The corner business sounds like it'd work. but just varying the color would probably allow you to keep it small, consistent and unintrusive. Also, if it were always the same shape, you could probably use that design in almost every kind of button, where the button itself is some kind of rectangle with, say, the top left corner lopped off, with a light border, and have a highly saturated color or light in its place, to show state or convey additional information. Say, in some kind of menu, it could signify whether or not an option has been enabled or disabled. That way, the player's always mindful of the corner.
It's been done before, but it works. Contrast is important, though. Just slapping unbordered bright yellow on a grayish sky is terrible.

Whatever choices you make, try to get the most use out them. If a shape means combat, make it always mean combat. If color means a type, like armored, make it always mean that and try not to reuse the same messages for different things, unless the context is truly completely different.
As in, if you make a distinction between, for example, mobile or immobile in defense units, don't that same signal mean something completely different for research buildings, just because they're all immobile.

Works, but is really quiet.

well that's good to know I'll probably start streaming development quite a lot from now on.
What's your opinion on music? my friend said i should add quiet music to it but I figure if someone wanted to listen to music they could just turn on their own music.

Depends how much you're gonna talk. Having something to break dead silence would probably be good but you'll have to watch out for Twitch's copyright direction shit wouldn't you?

its something you will get the hang of eventually but first you will need to fuck up a lot.
my best advice is to subdivide and sculpt then subdivide and sculpt until you get the amount of detail that you want
for non organic stuff watch this tutorial, it might not seem that useful but will teach you some tricks to handle and generate large amount of objects

I think blasting castlevania music while kicking peoples asses with the whip in dark souls was the most fun I've ever had with a game. I'm so glad I decided to copy this video.

The text one?
but muh trees and muh mountains fuggg :—-DD

(checked)
So in other words if I am going to put symbols I need to be consistent with it, yeah I ain't gonna add a missile icon for a ammo building or something like that.

Oh man that's a lot of information regarding the icons well I need some time thinking about those stuff, I try to keep… actually I am going to screencap it so they are not lost. thanks famalans for these information.

Checked.

Yeah. It'll just unnecessarily eat up space. You can always add text labels to the UI if it becomes really necessary later on. That'd be less hassle to localise too.

someone is asking for bullying

Dark is better than tomorrow, blue is a stupid color.

How does unreal 4s free use work?
Like i could make a game for free then as soon as i want to sell it i have to pay them?

If your game is free you pay nothing. If you charge for your game you need to pay 5% of gross revenue (BEFORE anyone else takes their cut) after the first $3k.

They look kind of undead, and they're about as smart.

How do they track what you make?

Pretty sure they can't, they just expect you to pay it and if they find out you didn't they'll take you to court.

They can't but if you earn enough to be noticeable and have said/they know you're using UE4 they'll probably do a cursory check to see if what you've paid sounds about right. Or they may audit you for sales info or something. Not sure.

Honestly, if you're at the point where that cost becomes a lot you should be more worried about correctly filing your taxes and shit.

So I take it you were too lazy to implement a proper enemy AI. :^)

Pretty much what said. They can't force you to tell them, but they can sue you to oblivion (and who knows, maybe Unreal compiles some sort of tracking mechanism into final builds).

only on normal (^:

lmfao.

If anything it's the other way around.

the counter at 00:09 looks very unfair, what parameters are you using to trigger it?

You are doing that on purpose to make him cry again, aren't you?

So I want to give learning UE4, are there any beginner friendly tutorials like in unity? The one's on the site page seem to be for people who already know their shit and are just looking to find what the equivalents are.

Why does this happen?

I recommend them in this order.
>docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gasd4IcOe9Cx9wHoBB7rxFl/w4XlBKeE46E/index.html
>docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gY35ezlSQn1sWOGfh4C7ewO/EFXMW_UEDco/index.html
>docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gbY4FN8pZuEPVC9PzQThNn1/yS-yQfo0lc0/index.html
And here's more:
>docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/

Because you dont feel progression.
It is like hair growth, you dont feel the progression day by day.

I don't usually do cutesy shit but I think this could work.

Sounds like you need one more line of code.
I kid, it' nice to see you've come so far.

bookmarked to keep it safe
threw a few shekels your way too

Not even a unitydev, but I'll use godot if they go through with it

SCHOOL IS SUCH A FUCKING DISGRACE

cmake never works, and this time was no exception. This has to be the most terrible piece of software ever written, the only thing it's good for is give you errors and make you regret to have ever installed it, fuck anyone who ever contributed to that piece of shit.

I'm stuck on windows, I would have just used sudo apt-get otherwise.

I got as far as loading the .sln file and it telling me that it can't find any of the C headers (stdio.h, cmath.h, sys/types.h and all the rest.)

Currently working my way through:
udemy.com/unrealcourse/

It's pretty good, I think the same guy did a unity one as well, it's up on cgpeers.

Keep with it, user. You're gonna make it.

progress i guess, should have gone to sleep hours ago and will do now, see you tomorrow you all

This arrangement of platforms in the water makes me think of the first stage in Sonic Heroes.

In GML, how does one nullify a variable? That is, make it so that it behaves like was never assigned.

Sometimes I want to know the size of an array. For example, if I have a 2D array that's 2x4, I can use array_height_2D to see how many rows I have. If I decide that I want to remove the fourth row however, even if I set 3,0 and 3,1 to 0, array_height_2D is still going to see that the array has values (of zero) in those places, and is still going to say that it's 4 entries long.

How do I go about returning those positions to non-variables?

Babby tier question but what program do I use to code? I've been reading through the C programming language and SICP and I think I'm ready to try some things out, but I don't know which program to use. I have visual studio installed but it won't let me use it until I make a Microsoft account and possibly purchase it.

install mingw, learn make

The sushi is not for sexual!

I'd assume that you can define a new array of the new size, copy all values you want to keep to that array then overwrite the old array with the new.

That seems like a needlessly complicated solution for a problem that shouldn't exist, but it also sounds like it'll work. I'll give it a shot. Thanks, m80.

It's free, just make a shitty fake microsoft acc.

Code::Blocks

lol what a fag

If anything, perhaps the textures look a bit over-saturated, so they are not all that pleasant to look at, but the models themselves look good to me. The silhouettes are pretty clear too. My inner /tg/ screams at the fact that a knight is using a lance and no armor though.

That being said, honestly do whatever you personally prefer, since it's going to motivate you more to work on it, and at least it gives it some personality. Do not worry so much about what other people think if you are not in it for busyness, and if you are going free that's obviously not the case.

Also doesn't help I'm a massive furfag so inevitably I find these damn hot

The orange shit is armor, his skin/feathers/whatever are more of a pale yellow.

Oh shit, I've noticed now, I feel retarded.

Holy shit that makes the hawk even hotter

Dude just stfu and finish your game so people can draw porn of the gargoyle

I wouldn't worry about it. They wouldn't look that much out of place in some 80's cartoons.

They actually look pretty cool because of that.

Personally I think you're the kind of autist who made them all furry just because. Beast races are okay if they have a reason or a rhyme behind them, or if they mix with other races in a way where their cultures clash, like the Elder Scrolls. Your designs and world just scream "everyone is a buff gay furry" to me, and probably to anyone else who sees it.

Also your game kinda sucks, but that's just my personal opinion. Hexen did it better like twenty years ago.

To be honest his game is already attracting fur-shitters to the thread and wr had enough trouble just getting rid of the trap-fags. Personally I think the designs could work if he was going for a sort of He-Man thing but the art is kind of shitty, the style is ugly, and he obviously isn't going for that.
The game could be the best thing since Doom and I'd still want him to stop posting just to make us a less attractive target for fetish-fags.

MoM user here, and with another analysis video, this time showing off the Gunslinger Class!

I also want to thank you all for your input yesterday; It warms my heart that they is many people who are pretty supportive of this project, be it here or the Zdoom forums. I just wanted to thank you all for you support!

Any Questions as per usual, I will be happy to answer!

I was so wrapped up in thanking people that I forgot to actually post the video!

Let me guess, now youll arbitrarily hate on furries, shit up the thread whenever his name comes up, and either chase him off or make him stop posting out of guilt

Opinion discarded. If furries didn't immediately begin going on about how much they want to fuck animals every fucking time anything tangentially related to them was posted I wouldn't care. In fact I an quite happy for the dev having been able to complete something he considers a passion project! The issue is autistic faggots who can't keep it in their pants fot even a moment.

I think I should point this out to any anons who see other anons saying negative stuff in regards to me/the project; Its fine, I don't need defending. I am aware that my stuff can be a bit iffy with other anons; so its not a big deal if people react to it negatively.

I will just say a few things on this subject matter; its not necessarily true that whenever I post something, a certain group of people come out of the wood work. Most of the people who say "Post your porn" are doing it out of jest, and In no instance in my whole time posting here for nearly the past year and the half have anons shifted the topic to furry porn due to it. If they did, I wouldn't condone it either. The only example that comes even close to what you mention is last year some one drew some sorta lewd fan art of one of the characters, and thats it.

Another thing I should point out is 2 of the 6 main characters are what could be considered "Barafags"; and this does not reflect on the rest of the species as a whole. Other Lizard/Hawk folk are skinny and small, as they are villagers/peasants, not warriors.

I just think I should clear things up that not everyone in this game is a bara attracting faggot. They are a handful of muscular characters which fit in the role of what they are suppose to be (e.g. Warrior/Knight). That being said, I can understand your concerns from your viewpoint of things!

So far I remember seeing 4 characters that look like bara furfaggotry, and at least double or triple that amount of characters who look nothing like that. The 3 he posted here, and the green thing in his trailer. The imp is also a furfag-magnet but for completely different reasons.
At least it does make sense for strong warriors to be big muscly people.

Oh come on I just finished typing my post

Shit, the imp looks actually pretty damn nice.

Thanks for proving my point

Not an argument.

So youre allowed to shitpost and spam because youre triggered as fuck? Agdg is one of the few decent threads here and I wont have it get shit up by children. Reported.

But people who post "I want to fuck that hawk" aren't spamming and shitposting? I merely pointed out that furshit attracts furshitters and planned to leave it at that. You're the one who decided to go on a crusade because someone dared to point out that fact and it triggered you.
Let me explain something to you: Every degeneration of a thread begins with a catalyst. When you let shit go unchecked before you know it furries and trap-fags are everywhere. A poster makes a good game that happens to have furries, no one calls out the people sexualizing it, they feel they have a right to post such things and soon their population rivals that of the original posters. I'm certain the guy behind that game is very passionate and put a lot of effort into his work but, as my original point was, you need an active population of people willing to call out things or it will soon get out of control. I have just as much right to call out obvious faggotry as you do to call me a fag for doing it.
Oh yeah and reporting people for calling out shit isn't a downvote.

Check the length of the posts you two made, man, it's pretty clear who is on a crusade here.

You dense motherfucker this is exactly what youre doing. Youre going on a moralfag crusade and being triggered over bants and joke posts and going 1488 spergmode

It was one paragraph, comprised of four sentences. One of those sentences was only two words long.
If you can claim your argument was validated because someone disagreed with it, your argument was fallacious in the first place. Memes aside, you literally did not present logically valid argument.

The default reaction to furries is a (correctly) conditioned response caused by how furry communities have conducted themselves over the last two decades, and this isn't news to anybody. However, what you're proposing is that it be applied to the individual, prior to disruption, which is absurd. It's invalid to say that trapfags or furries should be "called out" when they post their content because it isn't to our tastes. It is very valid to do so when it becomes an active detriment to discussion, as it has been in the past, but never before such a time.

MoM user is a yes-dev who actually posts progress. The idea that his game shouldn't be allowed here just because it contains his magical realm, especially when he's asking for constructive criticism and feedback on avoiding the line of being too intrusive, is asinine, and a train of thought that doesn't end anywhere. Which will it be next? Futa? Tentacles? Corruption? Handholding?

Says the man who became immediately triggered to the point of insults at someone else disliking furshit. Furthermore, not an argument.

I cannot prevent him from posting it nor do I believe he should never post I simply believe we need to keep vigilance over its responses. You do raise valid points though.

Funny, let's look back a few posts:

I said I'd prefer if he did not that he should be forced to. Not an argument.

So you do not believe he should never post but you would prefer if he never did. So you'd prefer something you do not believe. I'm afraid you're the one without arguments here, friend.

Jesus fucking Christ will you faggots stop fucking arguing over nothing this is literally just as bad as people posting furry porn
You are fucking shitting up the thread and wasting everyones time with non gamedev related stuff pls fucking stop.

The topic as a whole, regarding the pros and cons of inserting fetishes into games, and where the lines are to be drawn, is on-topic for /agdg/, especially considering that a dev is specifically asking about it for his game. You're right about the arguing, though.

You know what I just realized? I don't even know why we're arguing anymore. You and I are, at this point, spitting out the imageboard equivalent of "you're a stupid-face" at eachother. I could go on a tangent about what I actually meant to say and digress further into a conversation about whether or not I simply misworded or you had finally caught up to my tricks, but no. How about we leave the digression behind and seriously ask eachother what the fuck this is even about at this point.
My argument boils down to this: Furfags ruin everything as soon as they're accepted and I've seen it happen a million times always with a shitposting catalyst. I believe some action is necessary to prevent it from occuring and, though I wish games with kemono and such didn't exist, they will be posted and we must deal with them as they come accepting what good there is and calling out the faggotry if it is present.

I dunno man MoM user has been posting here for quite a while and I haven't seen any signs of this imminent furfag apocalypse I think you're kinda overreacting

I finished my animu model
the hair mesh was a bit rushed because it's my first time modeling hair.

but I hate textures so much. I can never understand them. (but at the same time I'm bad at coloring/turd polishing so)

hopefully I get better as I make more and practice.

Once again you attempt to force digression for no discernable reason. If you have browsed any website for any amount of time you'd have seen entire communities die to the 'tism of fur. This will be my last post on this subject as you and I clearly do not see eye to eye and further discussion is pointless.
Look no further than Holla Forums itself to see the effects of trap-fag and fur subversion. They come in and as soon as they feel they have a home they are everywhere. It'll take months or even years but as soon as it hits you can never be free of them. It makes me curious as to why you seem so adamant that daring to so much as question the presence of these faggots is unacceptable.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Forums, off the coast of the net. I watched furfags shitposting in the dark. Time to stop posting.

Not bad all things considered. Anime faces are hard to 3d model.

You make a very very highdetailed sculpt of the figure, then create your texture from the highdef sculpt and place it onto the low poly model.

But user, there's barely any trapfags on Holla Forums these days. They can't even sustain threads anymore without most of the thread being anons saging and calling out their shit fetish.

Time to stop posting.

You quoted the wrong person, mate. Although, I do have some points on that.
Believe it or not, this is actually the part he's right about. Furries have a very long history of invading and infecting communities, usually coming more rapidly when they see other furries, posting their art everywhere, and then crying victim when the existing userbase tells them that they don't want their niche fetish posted in every fucking thread. This got particularly bad back on halfchan around 2006-2008, where they would actively invade any given thread at random in an attempt to hijack it. It persisted to the point where we actually developed tools to counter it. (Vid related) Anytime they were told they were unwelcome, in whatever community, they would claim to be victims of "fursecution," and completely seriously think that they had been wronged. Of course, being persecuted only makes people want to fight harder.

They were rocking SJW victim tactics before SJWs made them popular. This wasn't some sophisticated tolling maneuver, either. It was something they actively discussed on their own forums, non-jokingly. They were the transgender/hetero-mollusk/newwave-kin of their day. Nowadays, large parts of the community have been integrated into SJW culture. That might seem like digression, but it's to point out that they still exist in a form that uses these tactics.
This, however, is exactly why none of the above matters. These were all problems born out of collective identity, and a sort of collective narcissism that came with it, which let them think they were above both the rest of the community, and the rules. MoM user is an individual, and hasn't caused any problems. If we see an influx of nodevs from /furry/ who are just here to shit up the thread and take up residence talking about how X character is hot, without contributing anything, then it is time for action.

We have the benefit of being on a board with moderation which slaps them back to /furry/ when they get out of hand. Further, the fact that /furry/ exists enables stronger moderation on other boards without the (false) cry of "but we have no place else to go."

thanks

I see what you're saying, I'll try that.
I might try that method with hair too

She's cute. Only thing I'll really say is her hair is a bit funky looking and as a whole I feel you may want to add some asymmetry. Certainly better than me though.

I made a reddit for the sole purpose of shilling my game. I don't think that it really helped, because like you said the game wasn't very good, but I plan on posting stuff there for same reasons that you think you'll make one. (less on the feedback and more on the "tell people about your new game") I don't think that I could bother making a twitter / tumblr for any reason though.

I just hate how fetishism seems to ruin everything. I feel naive sometimes, because I can see cartoon anthropomorphic characters and the only associations I have are of childhood cartoon whimsy and maybe mythological. It feels like you can't like anything anymore because some group on the internet is jacking off to it.

Anyone work in OpenGL? How do you buffer you models? One VBO per model?

I guess I should have specified. I'm stuck with OpenGL ES 2.0 and it sucks because glDrawElementsBaseVertex isn't in it. I discovered most people just have 1 vao per model.

I think her face looks a little too flat, but I really like her face texture, though. She's a qt in the making.

im a retard that doesnt know anything about making games, what is the best engine to make a 2D dating VN sim? godot, love2d?

literally Ren'py

thanks, user.

be sure to include cheat codes because renpy plays fucking atrocious with cheat engine

pic related, dungeon crawler made with renpy

dont worry, I will, in a DLC at $0.99

How do I get collisions without using rigidbody? The rigidbody physics use much realistics collisions which is not what I want; I need simple, basic collisions like stop moving when contact with object and such. Some others use triggers to detect object contacts, how do I use that?

at least tell what engine are you using user

new thread

The face is a bit too flat, her eyebrows very thin, and you could land an airplane on that forehead, but otherwise it's a qt.