Faggot Game For Faggots

Faggot Game For Faggots

Sounds straight out of So-cal. I want a direct comparison with the nip original on that shit.

Sounds like they're describing personas

This, but I don't have a social media account to sent to ATLUS_JP or anything with the request. Just the image and "Can you confirm this being in Japanese script? It seems wrong."

Only if you have no idea what the fuck a persona is supposed to be.

This is the Jungian concept of the different levels of the mind - persona, self, shadow, collective unconscious - and the conflict between persona, self, and shadow. The Persona games have always played fast and loose with this stuff, you morons.

t. SoCal Holla Forums user

another self. You have a persona on right now as an anonymous user and can have an infinite strand of personas due to this. You can use this persona to tell us if you are younger or older than you actually are or that you are actually of a different gender. Sounds like you're reading too much into this and crying wolf. Stop being retarded.

It looked like she was talking about thoughtforms at first and then she went full 'gender and different age and lol this totally isn't anything cucky xD'

I've played 2 as an eboot, p3p, p4g and now this - none of them phrased it like this(3/5 gaems for the retards here). More about the way it's phrased than the inclusion of it. Clearly translated by some SJW-type.

As I said. You have no idea what a persona is supposed to be.

What a cuck, Persona 5 is such a shitty game guys, I've never played but this confirms it. Everyone who disagrees with this post is a beta Holla Forums SJW whiteknight. Gas the jews, am I right?

Waifufags need to die, downvoated.

You're right, nobody here could possibly have any experience with persona 5 or any persona games for that matter.
Jews will come later, first gas yourself, gay faggot.

but that's true you fucking retard, this is a well documented mental illness and nowhere in the screencap is there any attempt to condone or sanitize it

Yeah, they're trying to normalize and condone it. Just like how it's totally super normal for real to be LGBTwhatever.

I'm OP on my computer instead of phone.
They were really fun on my PSP but this shit ain't worth 60 bucks. P5 portable when?

It's a pretty fun game though, it's just not technically sound what-so-ever and the localization is full of all kinds of cancer. I wish I knew jap because the story seems like it would be infinitely better if it was left in its original state with the original terminology.

I took that picture retard, not from twatterfags or by-proxy.

did someone say jung's anima?

anime when

Maybe I'm too dumb for this game heh I can barely figure out how to get out of memento.

persona 5 is a step up from persona 4

the only downside is the dialogue choices for the main story look like they were written by todd howard and just seem fucking pointless. The English voice acting is beyond shit, I think I understand why they included Japanese voices. It wasn't a gift for the fans. As far as technical problems go parts of the screen get cut off on my TV but my TVs also a DLP piece of shit from a decade ago but I love it too much to upgrade

the translation is hardly the worst i've seen, I haven't seen anyone spout any memes yet, granted i've only played for 5 hours but that's still vastly superior to anything the treehouse crapped out. The "you jelly" line was cringy as fuck but the original Japanese line did in fact translate as that so it was just a cringy line to begin with. Since I can see the game in context I understand why they had to delay the american release, fatlus says the VA's a load of shit and includes dual audio and the translation studio realizes the crammed a bunch of socjus memefagging bullshit in there and they had to go back and fix their shit. Some lines snuck through but they mostly cleaned it up since it's a lot hard to sneak that kind of shit through when you include the original dialogue.

not quite as engrossing as persona 3 was and certainly not as great as DDS but I like it so far.

autism

I wanna be a cute girl.

Wait, what's the problem with this? I've always had it, doesn't everybody else have it as well?

You were always mentally ill?

Do you have a single fact to back that up? I don't doubt for a minute that it's possible, but I would like to be correct and well-informed for the future.

Preface: I do think I have an overly negative view of the game, but while I may exaggerate all the points are valid to some extent.
That's like saying its a step up from the darkest abyss of shit and even that is debatable
The UI that doesn't even give you a numerical value for your health. This is like saying the dialogue wheel with ambiguous choices is preferable to the oldschool "pick your reply out of up to 10 options which are all completely defined and explained". The UI is completely and 100% style above substance. Its a fireworks show to make you look away from how poor the UI really is.
Is there even any kind of freeroam in the game? Granted I've only seen the FIRST SIX FUCKING HOURS of the game which is basically at the point where you start being capable of fusing.

AFTER SIX FUCKING HOURS. The game is an absolute crawl.

I don't care how much you think this is a step up, the story (which is 90% of the playtime) is absolute garbage. I doubt the protagonist even has an explanation for being of the Fool arcana this time around.

Post-op trannies have a higher rate of suicide than pre-op. Don't cut your dick off.

It made me feel a bit better if I thought everyone was the same as me.

This is why japs are dying off.

What the fuck is it with the goons showing up everywhere lately? There wasn't this much before 8ch got hacked.

Why do you hate this game so much and why are you trying to get people here to hate it?

Beats me.

pure assumption, that's the only way I can justify the suspicious delay that coincided with them announcing there'd be dual audio. The Japanese release came out right on schedule and the NA version was supposed to come out the same day as the Japanese one. I know p-studio has a bit of a reputation for missing deadlines but it makes no sense for them to release the jap version like that when they'd built their entire goalpost around a global release. The only way for that to happen was the higher ups saying the translation was hot garbage and had to be fixed.

some of the dialogue on the english side sounds wildly different from other lines, especially sakamoto's lines. They clearly re-recorded a bunch of lines from him. The lip syncing for english lines don't quite match up but the thing that makes me suspicious is the jap lines don't match up at all either. I doubt it's incompetence otherwise they wouldn't have even fucked with the syncing, they would have just taken the lazy route and left them with the japanese sync since most players would just use the jap voice acting. It's suspicious to say the least.

Quality translation. So glad the game was delayed to add all these little improvements.

Until pics related start happening, it's fine.

to be fair it does actually make sense for her to say something like that, still though it's pretty retarded.

You never will be, just accept it as I have done.

When in the game does it take place? I have the Jap version.

Yeah there was. There was that disp(U+200B was here)osable weeb(U+200B was here)shit spammer, and people shitting on nip games in almost every thread.

I'm sure this is fine too.

Stop any time.

fuck you mark

She's a literal NEET memer who browses 2ch all day and night. It's in-character for her to say retarded shit like that.

What is the problem aside from customers rather than passengers?

I bet you spout hilarious memes in public as well

the reply sounds stilted and bizarre, it's not quite machine translation but it seems like a fairly amateur translation.

do you not have shitposting buddies? do you have any buddies at all?

Okay, Anthony Cuck, don't let japanese phrasing and parsing trigger you this time.

God dammit, Mark got rid of the filter.

This is retard translation on par with "look at all those eggman's robots!"

But if I don't and don't spout memes in public doesn't that destroy your silly excuse?

.>>12295464
This is true, just all at your behavior when browsing normalfag shit like FB, old video game forums, and MySpace. If you logged into Myspace today, you'd regress back that persona that you created for that social group.

Especially if you're suggesting trap shit on an anonymous imageboard :^)

look at the context you retard, they're two friends talking to each other. She didn't just walk into a public square and start spouting memes.

there's a difference between a raw translation and a localization that makes the translation make sense. English and Japanese use completely different sentence structure, you have to change the phrasing for it to make sense. That's why people post that line, it's a lazy translation. And as someone that's played the game with my brother who speaks nip nog ching chong, the translation is 97 percent spot on with very few inconsistencies at least according to him, I don't understand yellow devil chantings. Spelling error wise and phrasing wise I've seen very little, that picture being the obvious exception.

LOL!

Would have been cool if she just slips in chan stuff as subtle references that she is used to and not full-blown "KEK FUCKING normalfagS CHICKEN TENDIES AMIRITE DUBS CHECKED" in front of the in-game equivalent to normalfags.

There seems to be a concentrated effort spearheaded by Burch and his socjus buttbuddies to create fake outrage and force Atlus to go back from true, literal translation to shit like DIGRA approved Dragon quest type translations.

Is this how you talk with your faggot friends? lols and keks?

i'm not among that camp, I prefer quality translation. I'm just pointing out that you can't just use a raw translation otherwise it's going to sound off. It's the difference between "billy went to school" and "billy, to school he went". We're talking about two languages that are fundamentally different at the barest level. I think a translation should stay as true to the script as possible with as few alterations as possible, some colloquialisms and swears won't make sense raw so you have to come up with an equivalency. That doesn't mean cram it full of memes, it just means find an equivalent phrase like goddammit or screw you.

the fact that fatlus included the jap audio means they can't get away with a shit translation since it's so much easier to verify.

At least he has friends

Yeah, it shows.

This. The opposite gender version of yourself is suppose to represent your idea girlfriend.

That's lewd.

Wow, a minor grammar change. Its not like you're being a pedantic fuck already at all!
Provide examples or shut the fuck up retard. Because 99% of the time no you fucking don't.

Kill yourself you autistic shithead.

I hope I am fit and have big tits.

What would a genderbent version of yourself look like, Holla Forums? Would you fuck it?

I hope i have long, raven black hair all the way to my ass and am also stacked quite nicely.

is there a particular reason you're getting this fucking triggered? I just described subject object verb versus subject verb object, ie the fucking cornerstone of grammar. We don't use the same grammar, you have to alter it.

okay for example, kuso can mean many things depending on context. If you were to go on a raw translation they'd just be saying shit at everything which is inaccurate, it can mean shit or damn or hell. You have to parse that shit out. Aisu Bokkasu is used to refer to a cold bitch, but it literally translates as an ice box which doesn't make sense for an english speaker, you'd use a phrase like ice queen instead. Ajiwau is a slang term for sex, but the literal translation is referring to tasting something, again makes no fucking sense in English unless you talk about licking that broad at the supermarket.

Cuntboys are hot

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

provides examples

Kill yourself.

what the fuck even is this image set.
I've been looking for it for years.

not an image set, just a single picture

That is not exactly what I was expecting.

Still it makes sense I've never found it before, I confused one of the character's gender.

Gender doesn't exist. Only sex.

Gender exists and there are 2 of them.

for practical terms, on my argument they're the same concept.

i'm not certain it's a one off piece, I found it on exhentai originally and if it's not on there then it just doesn't exist.

No. See the video.

They're not because gender doesn't exist.

Gender exists, user. I wouldn't call myself a guy otherwise.

Genders should only exist in grammar and nowhere else.

What are you, fucking mexican or something?

or german, or french, or dutch, or literally every language spoken

Romance languages have gendered nouns.

Christ even I made the mistake because gender was already becoming in vogue when it was identified. It should be "sex dysphoria" even though gender dysphoria was the term being used.

Still defined as the masculine and feminine sex. Not gender until leftists came and changed it. Just like they got sex dysphoria off the mental illness list so they could make up the word "transgender".

He's right though. It's not about minor grammar changes, it's about sounding pretty off. Even Spanish is like this, raw translating Spanish for 'blue car' would get you 'car blue' if my high school Spanish still holds up.

don't bother, it's a waste of time. On imageboards you're never wrong and everyone else is a fucking retard that doesn't know a thing.

A Slav.
We have three words for gender (rod), he, she and it.

He's not wrong he is an annoying pedantic fuck.

pedantic
pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective
adjective: pedantic

excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
"his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"

Half of his point is things that people should instantly assume such as grammar fixes (pedantic), the other thing is ambiguous as fuck and could potentially mean anything given how widely ranging his point could be without specific examples he could point out in videogames. Which he can't because he's fucking autistic and doesn't function like a proper human being.

Kill yourself.

English has no cases, only particles. Explaining grammatical gender to a primary English speaker is difficult.

I'm curious. Could you provide the complete line of dialogue for the examples you provided?

you seriously want me to go through and provide every instance of the word kuso? It's used at least a thousand fucking times in the game, every time someone says "you bastard" or "damn" in the translation, they're saying kuso. Is there even a complete script online yet?

oh and kisama is used a lot, it's a rude way in japanse of saying "you", so in english that would be lke saying "you son of a bitch" or "why you little", since just saying you in english means nothing.

Key word: minor. We explained to you why it's not minor, just because the example we gave were simple ones doesn't mean it's minor, it's for you to get a small grasp of it and then for you to extrapolate what longer, more complex sentences and dialogues would sound like. A pretty awkward sounding mess. No need to get mad and prattle on about autism friend.

Kill yourself.

see what I mean?

I'm just asking for more specific/noteworthy examples like the "Ice box" one you mentioned.

Yeah you were right, I should know by now not to underestimate the spergouts of people

I was really confused when I was starting to hear about all these gender shenanigans. We only used it in grammatical context in which it might or might not be coherent, or even relevant, to real sex (no one would say that "une chaise" (a chair), which is of feminine gender, is female, except degenerates who want to fuck furniture).

It's starting to seep out, though. I'm starting to see more and more LGBTBBQ+ groups who don't even bother to translate the terms.
We seem to have a knack at aping Americans (both in good and bad, mind) with a few years' lag.

It's probably easier if you choose a coherent instance of the item and link it to the word it describes.

The pozzed (((Western))) concept of gender doesn't even exist in Japanese. If it was 性別 it should have simply been translated as "sex".

ITT retards with no concept of japanese culture try to apply their western partizan politics to it in a desperate bid to fit in.

Japan believes in the idea that you have multiple personalities - one you show to your friends, one you show to outsiders and one you show only to yourself.

They are not suggesting "le ebin trans-acceptance" they're saying you, for instance, might be able to present a pretty convincing persona of a normal human being but, to your friends, you've the personality of a 12 year old window-licker.

Shhhh, don't disturb the cuckchan hatetrain when it's on a roll.

To trigger that one user further, I'll translate the shit from the OP with the best attempts at context into Bulgarian and then retranslate it back.

Г-ж. Кауаками

Казват, че хората имат няколко различни личности, които са скрити в тяхното съзнание.

Морагана

Различни личности…?

Г-ж. Кауаками

За да сме ясни, не говоря за разтройство на личността.

Г. Кауаками

Тези характери могат да бъдат различен пол и да са на по-различна възраст от теб.

The word personality was annoying to translate. I used a word that's synonymous in the end because it would sound too repetitive otherwise. Here is the literal translation.

Ms. Kawakami

Say, that people have a few different personalities that are different in their subconscious.

Morgana
Different personalities…?

Ms. Kawakami

So we're clear, not talking about multiple personalities disorder.

Ms. Kawakami

These characters can be different gender and can have different age from you.

It started turning into a word salad at the end. First the literal translation is like this. If added context, you have to change certain words so that it works. In Bulgarian repeating words is not a great thing in dialog so you try and find synonymous words. Some of the specifics in Bulgarian will not apply to English and vice-versa. You get a word salad like this if you translate it raw. If you don't add conception you can end up with issues like repeating личност which just sounds retarded if it's repeated over and over again in Bulgarian. Things like this is why I will never translate texts.

And are these personalities of different genders and ages?

Everyone is a little girl on the inside.

girls are overrated.
just be a cute boy and dress up like a girl, faggot.

I don't know if I could stand myself, even as a waifu when she also would naturally not want a relationship.

And she'd be a lesbian anyways since a lot of my imagination is devote to titties. We'd agree on literally everything, of course, but we'd fight over tasty food and games the other wants to play constantly.

What if you could rape the genderbent version of anyone you'd like?

One of the reasons I hate Atlus is muh diversity bullshit also pandering to westerners or that's how they create characters personalities. No wonder persona is loved in the west. I say that as a non westerner. Atlus and Falcom are sjws of japan.

I want faggots to leave.

I guess you right considering 5 has a teacher that wants to have sex.

If these people have different personalities that are different ages and a different gender in their head then they need to be sedated and sectioned as they're likely a danger to society or themselves.

is that split - the game?

Finally tulpas are getting the recognition we deserve.

A persona is an assumed false front that the creator is very much aware of as they contrived it to fool people they're something they're not. (What actors and hipster trannies do)

That's very distinct from a 'different personality in your subconscious'. (SUBconscious, so they're not aware of it). That is a split personality (or the highly dubious claim of one) which almost never happens IRL and when it does it's associated with mental trauma.

No, it's JoJo with twinks.

What about if your ideal girl is 9? I'm just asking for a friend.

Looks like they want you to "educate yourself, shitlord"

They're clearly talking about jungian archetypes. You know, the fucking concept the entire series revolves around?

He doesn't care.

Gender and sex are the same thing. Do not allow the enemy to control the way you speak.

Never gonna make it fam.

Okay, OP, if you are still here. Tell me in detail which part did this conversation take place, so I can summon my inner autist and find original nip version and compare the script to. Or just do that for me, and I will see if the original really said that, or this is one of the 'translator is a huge libshit faggot who vent his frustrations on work' case.

Never been so glad that I learned nip way back then.

Jeb can use Personas but he has to use a gun to use them like in Persona 3

Jeb can use Personas but he has to use a gun to use them like in Persona 3

Oh shit, my tulpafaggotry brother. What's up? I'm a tulpafag, not an actual tulpa, but it's still cool to see this kinda shit being brought up by someone else around here.

I'm that one autist who made a bunch of posts a while back about Sunshine, my tulpa of four years

reminder that tulpamancy is an open art and you don't have to be bound by the worries of the .info faggots; i've helped waifufags hear "i love you too" back from their fucking waifus and it's the best fucking feeling to give someone that kind of joy and allow them to go through the daily motions with the girl they love

Can you help me make a Ursarkar E. Creed Tulpa that gives me tactical advice

Woah OP, its like people who play this garbage only do it because its Japanese and branf loyalty and if otherwise they would be shitting on it for being the shallow broken garbage that it is.

You faggots aren't even making Tulpa. You're conditioning yourselves. Very different from what the tibetans do. Fucking pleb tier puffer faggots.

That's entirely possible, but I've never helped anyone create a tulpa with a purpose beyond companionship.

Seriously though that post gave me hearty kek. This shit is one of my biggest passions and I don't get to interact with people about it a lot, so seeing interactions thrown around over the subject always brings a big smile to my face.

It probably is a lot different. The art has most likely evolved/warped over the years, since tulpae did start as a thing in the 1400's with the Tibetan Buddhists. If I have a misunderstanding of the subject though I'd absolutely love to hear your explanation of it, if you're talking about ancient tulpae. Never heard anything about the practices of it in the olden days of it, though, with the way I'm doing it, it's working fairly well for me.

How about playing a real game instead of playing trash made by feminized nips

I wonder what that was filtered from.

No, you faggots are completely debasing a meditative tradition to masturbate.

weebshit
maybe?

Oh fuck, Mark actually does something good for once.
My fucking sides

Also trips

weebshit.

You're literally no better than the faggot/tranny crowd.

OK, I skimmed over this thread, and didn't see anything pointing this out; just dozens of posts from people who (quite reasonably) dislike Tumblrism:
OP's screenshot is from Persona 5, right? The game series about summoning "personas"? "I am thou, thou art I, I come from the sea within thy heart"?
Translation quality aside, isn't this the same idea as previous games in the series?

I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill
Is that it?

First try.

Eh fuck, now I'm more interested on what it is
Mass Effect: Andromeda
ME:A

probably 0/2

disposable.
weebshit.

ah fuck, it's that?
I just assumed it was something people actually said other than that one guy

Persona

Persona has and will be shit for casual weebs who want to pretend they have good taste despite them playing the game for the same reasons other weebs play weeb games, for the waifus.

But it makes you faggots feel like intellectuals when you play it, so its even worse.
Give me the original Shin Megami Tensei not this bullshit.

They made 4 and apoc last time they tried to make SMT.
Do not let them make SMT

what's wrong with smt IV?

No defense stat meaning that damage is all that matters, The smirk system, horrible story even compared to persona, DLC out the ass.

.pandering hard to homosexual

WOAH STOP THE PRESSES ITS NOT LIKE EVERYONE OF THEM ALWAYS DID THIS BECAUSE WEEBS ARE HOMOS OR ANYTHING

Let's not forget all the demons that flirt with you.

MP based all of your attacks, but Strength based demons have shit for MP (not because of any stat mind you, but because the devs decided that was balanced) so strength based demons end up being useless.

Yo tulpafag, you ever tried hallucinogens w/tulpa, was wondering how it'd pan out.

I mean I could go on and on about how bad 4/Apoc are.
4's got some more horrible stuff gameplay wise, and apoc fixes a little bit of it, but in exchange the story is I'm not even kidding 70% of the story is trying to find and rescue the SMT4 protag, because he's so cool and awesome a fact which the game constantly reminds you of

I wasn't trying to defend the game, I just wanted to know what was wrong with it. I bought it years ago but never got around to playing it.

Honestly, if you go in expecting one of the worst mainline JRPGs of recent years, you won't be disappointed, but going in expecting it to on par with SJ or Nocturne and it's a rude awakening.

Oh and just because you legitimately don't know, Smirk happens when you land a crit randomly. in 4 it grants you near 70% evasion and nulls your weakness, in addition you get a crit on your next hit. In Apoc it only gives you the crit, but some spells have special effects if you're smirking (like piercing reflect/drain), and there's now a spell to cause it, which funnily enough leads them to legitimately damage gating the final boss in Apoc because you can deal so much you 1 turn him

Demons are dick thirsty.
A demon flirting with you here and there is a lot different then a core mechanic gaining females trust.

Look at all the Mai posters.

that sounds pretty retarded honestly. My favorite SMT game was digital devil saga.

oh right also it happens if someone hits something you null/reflect. Which in 4 there are uncontrollable AI partners who… you guessed it, can force the boss to smirk by attacking into a reflect/null

i'm getting flashbacks of persona 3 where your charmed partner fully heals nyx.

Filter works perfectly, I see.

Have you ever considered that the picture does not state further that those would be classified as mental disorders?
You fucks get triggered over the smallest things

it's like that but worse, as the Ai controlled partner cannot be taken out of the fight permanently or be immune to a status effect. And the smirk bonus was so incredibly high that it basically was a forced game over unless you were expecting it.

Oh also there's absolutely no penalty for game overs in Apoc, like you lose absolutely nothing and just start off right where you were.

Found the leftist. Multiple personalities = mental illness.

weebshit

okay what is it niggers

I actually agree with this. I've seen furfags abusing tulpamancy just so they can fuck their OCs or """actual""" animals. I think it's fine to fuck your tup though. But using it to masturbate is kind of different than conditioning yourself, honestly. You seem to be bringing up different points here.

Nope. But I've heard stories and generally tulpae react very interestingly to drugs. It's complicated to explain to someone who's not well versed in tupshit, but basically since hallucinating shit is kinda in the realm of your mind, which is the realm that your tulpa is in, they kinda intertwine. You and your tup can do some seriously trippy shit together, and hell, you don't even need drugs for two people; you both get fucked up on the same shit.

However, if you can successfully hallucinate an anime girl or whatever it's entirely possible that you can simply force yourself to get high off of your own tulpamancy. I've done it before, very lightly; I put myself into a relaxed mental state and once I accidentally slowed down my own perception of time, too. It was pretty wack.

lemme try

weebtrash

polite sage

This was likely a conversation about Jungian psychology in the JP version too. You know, the "mask" theme they have going on.

Essentially the idea is that people put on a social mask when dealing with people, and the true self only comes out when alone, but the true self behind the true self comes out in situations of life and death.

So say you have a dude who says "I'd protect you", that's a mask. In private he may go "fuck protecting that guy", but in a situation where danger's a thing he might turn a 180 and actually protect the guy.

No bullshit about gender or age, it's literally about lying to others and yourself and how that functions as a person.

WHY
WHYYY is it thissss bad?
I was almost excited

Yes, that's what I said, user. Do you not know how to read?

No. In previous entries of the series (and indeed this one as well) is about masks and personas, a jungian psychology deal.

A persona is a false face you put on in front of others, a shadow is the aspect of your personality you don't want to admit which causes mental instability if not acknowledged, and of course there's the true self which is a major theme in Persona 4.

Persona games after 2 each had a theme, P3 was accepting death and self sacrifice, P4 is about finding the truth even if doing so causes you pain, and P5 is about breaking the chains of society to act as your own person instead of being bound to people who wish to use you, and not putting people on pedestals.

There is no theme of transgender bullshit in any single persona game. This was tacked on by the localizers.

A persona is basically exactly the same as a stand (the idea was ripped off from JoJo anyway). It is a physical manifestation of your soul/person. The real person that you are behind the mask you put up in front of society. Which is why that, when you grow as a person, the persona changes form and gains new strengths. Your new and improved perspective on reality is improving your capability to fight against the supernatural otherworldly specters.

There is no room for different sexes or ages inside you. There are no "different personalities", you are you. What is shown in OP is some tumblrism "headmate" mental illness shit.

And the reason the protagonist had the "you can summon anything" in Persona 3 was because the main character had the embodiment of death locked inside him for some 10 years and it eroded/shattered his true persona. Which is also why he is a mostly emotionless fuck with no personality. Of course P4 and P5 ignores all of this and has thrown all concepts out of the window so anyone arguing in favour of anything Jungian in those piles of shit that tries to be paraded around as "stories" are complete fucking retards and blind ass fanboys.

No, it's been "gender" in linguistics for a very long time, because it's a different concept and the gender of a noun doesn't have to match the sex of the person the noun applies to (for instance, Mädchen means "girl" but is neuter).

I've always operated under the belief that persona was originally pitched as a jojo game but they couldn't get the rights so they just slapped some smt in there.

that's not actually correct, the explanation given in persona 3 was that you held the wild card and your tarot was the fool. The SEES/tartarus exploration whatever was represented as the fool because it was your characters way of developing. The holder of the wild card is never set, it just kind of wanders. The idea is the wild card is bestowed on people by philemon, that butterfly that seems to follow all the protagonists from persona 3 onward.

Hell if you'd played the fucking second part of persona 3 you'd know this.

Confirmed for not playing Persona 3.

okay you're just fucking with me now.

Fuck off already.

okay, so you never played the answer and you're just talking out your ass.

Fuck off already.

Maybe that was the intention of the original script but let's not pretend this translation doesn't have some serious SJW motives.

Gender is a grammatical term. It does not apply to human sexuality.

Actually, the combat is a step backwards.
They decided to bring back old elements while seperating Force and Wind, yet a fucking again.

It's like they wanted to suprise veteran SMT players by bringing back Nuke and Psy, but shit the bed by removing poison and not bringing back Earth elements.

If this game wanted to beat your dick in, it would have started spamming instant death early like SMT4 did.

I actually choose you jelly for the fuck of it and got a laugh out of it. The shit that occurs later in the game is nowhere near as funny. I wish all of the third options made the MC into a weird douchebag.

It's like they had a bright idea, but then fucked it up so bad they had to delay the game to fix it.

I don't even know where to fucking begin. If this thread is gonna end up like the good ol days of shitposting on halfchan, I'm going to need a drink and some music cause we're gonna be here all night.

they added guns as a pretty much separate skill which was neat, they seemed pretty pointless in persona 2, since they were just a physical skill rather than a viable alternative. I haven't played persona 1 so I can't comment on them.

The fact that they got rid of the obnoxious fucking card shuffle game in favor of the classic negotiation system was fucking fantastic. I jumped into persona 5 expecting a full persona 4 style degradation into the shit heap and was pleasantly surprised to see they'd actually brought back more elements from the mainline SMT game rather than endlessly stripping away shit like when they combined all melee damage in persona 4. When I noticed they dropped the SMT header from persona 5 I got worried they would just turn the series into hyper casualized shit. So far i've been really enjoying it, it feels like a real step up like how it felt to play persona 3 after playing persona 2. It's flashy, it's fun, and it feels both darker and more down to earth, a good balance between the edgy setup of persona 3 and the nichijou sunshine bullshit in persona 4.

how is it that so many people here have no fucking idea who Philemon is. Am I really the only person on this entire goddamn board that played through the answer?

Slit your wrists marxist cuck

Ah, I get it. I only ever played through the original Persona (and a bit of P2), and everyone else played through P3 and P4.
It's been years, but I remember that I had Succubus equipped to the MC because she had magic immunity or something.
P3/4 are basically a different series from P1/2, so fair enough.

Go fucking play Persona 1 you pleb, these themes were already on the original and it isn't about transgender bullshit, it's about Jungian stuff, see

Maki in the original had an entire TOWN inside her subconsciousness, and loli versions of herself (which is pointed out in OP's screenshot).
The localization has a lot of issues but this isn't one of them and in fact stays true to the origins.

It's because Hitler didn't win. I'm not even joking, the world would have been a far better place if the Nazis had won the war.

I understand your dismay with the folks who haven't played through the Answer.

3 games and a dozen spin-offs remakes/remasters/retellings ; And Nyarlathotep & Philemon haven't shown up after giving us the longest lasting trollface in videogame history, outside of Half Life 3.

I was kind of hoping for a Persona game where the boundary between the worlds started breaking down. People with honest to YHVH , strapped to their bodies COMPS showing up, to fight side by side with -all- the forms of demon summoning. Alas, that might be too grand of an idea for Nu-Atlus.

Ultimately, we're stuck with this weird 2 steps forward, 3-steps back approach they're trying to beat us in the head with.

I can't wait to see how they cuck-up Deep Strange Journey, which, in my opinion was one of the better games they released. It was far from perfect, but fuck. Eventually they'll get it right. A nice combination of demon negotiations ,elements and no DLC. Fuck. Atlus and NIS are reaching Namco-Bandai/EA levels of bullshit with this DLC.

test

That is not 'multiple personality disorder' you fucking idiot. Jung nor Freud could not explain the symptoms of the disorder within their framework of the human mind. Freud gave up trying.

wtf i hate persona 5 now

LMAO

Thing is, look at what society has been reduced to. People left and right are pandering to a minuscule minority of mentally ill freaks that want to mutilate their genitalia, scientists fall over themselves to proclaim this perfectly normal and perfectly healthy, and all the while everyone keeps brushing the fact these people are fucking insane under the carpet and egging them on to turn themselves into butchered monstrosities.

And I'm the fucking asshole for pointing out that chopping off their penis isn't making them feel any better and just accelerates their eventual suicide.

Fuck all of it. I want it all to burn. This is not a civilization worth preserving and defending, this is a festering pit of shit that needs to be cleansed in nuclear fire, and we along with it.

wtf i want to mutilate my genitals now because i played persona 5
Retards are going to be retards, user. Let them kill themselves off. Sperging out over a perceived vague reference to trannies (even though it's a refernce to jungian archetypes) in Persona is possibly worse than SJWs sperging out over confederate flags and pepe

hama and mudo doing damage and not causing instant death is a good thing

I'm just tired of this shit man. Why the fuck must Marxist ruin everything and make me wish we could exterminate them? I just want to play fucking games, not get a rageboner at the thought of gassing them.

Vid for you.

Did you reply to the wrong person, or are you just retarded?

Drop it. Chances are the original script was what you're talking about, but the translation is obvious SJW bullshit like we've seen from these translators again and again and again.

And then there's this Hee-Ho.

dude it's an accurate translation. It's literally just Jung.

OLD WISE MAN, OLD WISE WOMAN
There is nothing wrong in the OP screenshot.

Before you go for the launch codes, mister sunshine, be reminded that mental health professionals are classifying gender dysphoria as a mental illness.

what do you mean by this?

Did someone pull up the original script while I wasn't looking? Or are you making shit up?

Those are archetypes, they don't actually have a different gender or different age. Though that does open up the possibility that it's not explicitly an SJW translation, just an inaccurate one.

Of course they don't have a different gender or age, they're not biological concepts, but they represent the gender/age.

And then say the only cure is to let them indulge in the insanity and drag the rest of society along with them.

Just stop for a moment and think over the fact that the "professionals" are telling us that cutting off your dick is perfectly normal and healthy.

It got brought up like 3 days ago when people flipped over it then.

How does what you're saying change this?

A personality has no gender or age, but it can be representative of one.
The Wise Old Man archetype represents male and old age characteristics for example.
Hell, this has already been in the very first Persona game, Maki has her ideal self, her 2 loli selfs and Philemon acts as the Wise Old Man.

Don't mind me having a little fun.

I personally don't like the change, but alas, what can I do besides poke fun at it and bitch about it?

Do they? No they don't. They say if it shows up when you're young, you the parent wait until they grow out of it.

Weebs belong in the gas chamber.

Is someone who would role play as a retarded Holla Forumslack in order to false flag, which is what OP is doing

this is fuckin gay

There's no such thing as multiple personality disorder.

It's called dissociative identity disorder, now.

Cunnysona 5

you got sauce? trying to find it via youtube search is awful

Yes, it's fucking insane and they've somehow developed a stranglehold on society in these last few years but there's nothing you can do about it other than wait for them to all inevitably kills themselves and hope mankind considers all of this an embarrassing phase a few decades from now. There's no use having an aneurysm over it, just fuck with them online by using the "wrong" pronoun or something if you really need an outlet.

There is no cunny this time though.

Cool, so you're like all those cringey fucktards in college. Actually kill yourself, like seriously.

RUH ROH

This both greatly amuses me and fills me with hate at the same time.

JUST open this thread and have no idea what is going on.

shadilay, my sister!

It gets worse.
And for the maximum kicker?

Like you would know what works in real life user.

AHAHAHAHA LE EPIC 4CHIN FROG MEME

I can tell you what doesn't work.

and then there's this Hee-Ho.

It gets even funnier when you consider that Ann has the 4chan logo on her capuchon in the second screenshot.

it sounds like E;R, this segment is in one of his videos if I remember correctly.

Yea the SJW clique is attacking the translation, probably because they couldnt get their degenerate hands on it.

It's fucking awful either way

Best news I've heard all day, really supports and

At least it didnt get a translation removing certain parts of the game and adding "progressive" bullshit to it. Yea, shouldnt accept a shit translation because there is worse out there but at least we get to laugh at assblasted SJWs this time.

4chan doesn't own the rights to 4 leaf clovers you dumb fuck.

The game was delayed because April coincides with the fiscal year, games bound to be a huge hit in Merica so everything looks nice and pretty.

The bad translation might have to do with so little time given to translate it, 6 months is not enough time with a game that has this much text.

Given the Burch stuff and the fact that we DO want more "literal" translations as opposed to Treehouse "do u even lift bro" stuff, I believe it's fine to support this and let a few technical mistakes slide.

You either pick one or the other faggots. Persona 5 is the "literal translation" you autists have been begging for and it's the number one complaint in reviews. How does it feel actually seeing how far in the minority you whiny fucks are?

Mind linking some of those reviews? Or are they from Polygon and Kotaku?

This. The translation is about as literal as it can get. It's amateurish.

This man is a master of his craft.

I like the wordiness of it, also I'm knowledgeable enough about the structure and quirks of the language to understand what they were going for thanks to all the machine translated RPG maker games I've played.

Companies listen to the wrong people or the focus groups are composed of the most cancerous aspects of the fanbase or the worst case, completely ignore the feedback they get and do whatever they please.

At least the shitty options are ripe for memes and reaction images.

Excuse me? Tell us more.

This has never been said by anyone not in a boardroom.

That's exactly what I expect from Kotaku. I don't think anyone's really sore about these translations except people like Burch (because Atlus cut their SJWisms out), and they're just getting their friends to make a big deal about it.

God, I fucking bate Brian Beecuck

Except Atlus never intended to have a world wide release for P5 the only real reason it was delayed was because of the new fiscal quarter. Recent interview also had the CEO stating that English release of all Atlus games are going to be low priority with Asia being the top priority

Jungian is how you change your personality based on situational events, like with Jerry you act friendly because it's Jerry and Jerry is a chill guy, then you see fucking Ashton, Ashton who is a fucking 5'3 furry, transgender, brony who was involved in the Birmingham bullring "Anonymous" incident thinking he's hard when he doesn't even have a dangalang, so you act angry around Ashton because that generates testosterone that's a toxic substance to him making him quick to flee.
It doesn't change your gender or act like multiple personality disorder, it's the concept that your personality is situational based on it's current situation.
Fuck you Ashton you fucking faggot I'll post dirt on you if someone in this thread asks for it you fucking cunt, and it's public info so what you going to do

TBH after seeing all the "SMT4 is super hard, the dark souls of persona" articles and curve stomping the game on hard stripped me of my gamer pride, like I was happy and enjoyed myself because I just finished a binge the majority of the series after being recommended it on 4 chan this was before the movewhen 4 got announced it was the greatest feeling, but it was just so fucking worse then the rest of the series in every aspect that I got jaded seeing all the praise it got.

as far as I can tell there is literally nothing wrong with this translation.

That doesn't mean it's well written. Just because you like eating shit doesn't make shit a five star meal.

It'd be one thing if they were actually shoe-horning identity politics into the game, but this is right in line with Jung's stuff.
Granted, they're SUPER on-the-nose about it in P5 whereas they were more vague with it in 3 & 4.

In fact, in one of the class days you learn about the Empress Arcana card and how Pope Joan was stoned to death after the church found out she was a woman.
Morgana even makes a remark to the tune of "Who cares if it's a man or a woman as long as they have the skills to get the job done?" If this were an agenda-ridden muh boogeyman (((localized))) game, they would've changed it to Morgana saying something like "That's so sexist of them! What bigots!" or something more along those lines.

You're looking for a problem where there is none, user.

Not to mention things like nigimitama and aramitama.

thats cool, you know what board youre on though? its Holla Forums. thats right, its not Holla Forums so do your homework on things before you talk about them instead of your usual knee jerk faggotry

I just wanna fuck the cat, okay?!!

dont be redundant.

Calm your tears, my dear child.

is it true learning about anima/animus fucks up your personal development?

That's half true. She IS talking about MPD. But those personalities can be the other gender or age of the person.

What is this? Reads like something out of tumblr.

nu/pol/ newfags mad as fuck

Sounds like a regular thurstay to me
bowtie spin, wistle sounds, eyebrows moving up and down frantically
amirite or amirite?
oh, us sex-havers and our jokes

But really, this explains why nipon's birthrate is dropping

The next word out of your mouth will be "Holla Forumsyp"

This is what drives me crazy. We're not just entertaining an alternate point of view or a different approach to economics and civics. It might even be potentially excusable if it were some matter of faith, like a cult leader descended from on high and whispered the words of the prophets to the people to found a new religion…

Nope. This is ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADNESS being treated as indisputable truth… and that truth, which they so aggressively championing is that everything we believe as right, backed by centuries of study and research, trial and error, and good ol' fashioned human instinct, is totally fucking wrong, everything is made up, and only through marxist critical theory, bitching about white men, calling things racists, and insisting that gender and sexuality and the very concept of identity itself is a fucking quantum kaleidoscope of extra dimenionsal spectrums within spectrums.

Nothing is real to these people. You can both be born a certain way, but then choose to identify a different way. Gender and sexuality don't exist, but by refusing to honor the pronouns of some hipster, you are denying their right to exist and their right to 'personhood'. Sexuality is super important, because we should respect what genitals someone wants to play with, but it's heinous oppression if you refuse to fuck a tranny who still has their dick.

And this would be bad enough if it were only contained to tumblr, but this shit has been taught in colleges and now even as early as grade school, for years and years. This isn't the passing mental implosion of a small group of people.. It's a fucking globe spanning agenda to make insanity the new normal and to actively oppose and destroy realism and objectivity… And it's so goddamned ingrained in these people that I fear there may not be a cure. There is no going back as long as we have media willing to let them preach to the masses. As long as we have professors who will throw all professionalism out the window because they feel it is their sworn duty to indoctrinate children and brainwash them to accept this toxic ideology.

How the fuck do we even fix this? Can we even begin to unfuck things without outright murdering every single one of these degenerate lunatics? I find myself thinking more and more that there is no hope and that it may be generations and centuries before we are free from this curse.

Persona 5 doesn't promote the Jungian idea as real, it's playing with the concept to make a story out of it. Claiming the game is promoting these values is like saying a game with space aliens in it is promoting the belief in advanaced extraterrestrial life. There are games that are pushing indoctrination but Persona 5 isn't one of them, the game doesn't go around saying everyone should believe they have little girls in their minds or whatever.

Nah, kikelover, how about you swing with your masters?

Sorry user, but I suppose I was speaking more general. The fact that this shit is in some games is bad enough, but it's on TV and in comics and movies and it's even hit board games and card games.

I'm not frustrated with Persona 5 so much as I'm losing my shit over the rapid decay of the collective unconscious of the civilized world.

That's understandable it bothers me too but the thread topic's been all over the place.

Don't be too upset my man, your frustrated rage is proof that there is a growing backlash against such foolishness. It only takes one generation or two to reverse social decay and human beings have believed things just as foolish, nihil novi sub sole. In a hundred years they'll look back and say "People really did that?", like foot binding or the galvanic bath. Just keep pointing out the madness and eventually it will stick.

i just installed the game in my hacked CFW ps3

is the translation too full of memes and tumblr?

read the thread.

well says its literal, hope i dont find too much memeing

also i picked MERCILESS, because fucc casuls

I think it's E;R's Steven Rapeyverse video.

He was playing persona 5?

No thanks.

this is how i know you don't have friends. that is textbook definition of what it is like being in a social environment. the more people gather, the more cringey retarded they all become, they power each other up. and if alcohol is involved, well, the average IQ of the room might as well be drastically reduced.

this is why gamergate has a containment thread cause you fags always blow shit out the fucking water. this same exact dialogue has been in every fucking game since fucking 3 including the god damn spin offs. you people are so fucking annoying i swear the fuck to god THE TEACHER IS TALKING ABOUT PERSONAS THE NAME OF THE FUCKING GAME! STOP ACTING LIKE EVERYTHING HAS TO DO WITH SJWS FUCK OFF

>3. you jelly?

I just came here to get 5

Nigger, I for one have been in plenty of social environments with normalfags. Doesn't matter if it's two guys or twenty, they all act like passive aggressive dipshits for attention and approval. The difference being when they're more, they're louder.

post dirt

they probably wouldn't do such in an environment where they're alone or just 2 people. but 3 and more and the level of stupidity begins to raise.

throw in a girl into the mix and out the window goes most dignity and intelligence they might have once had.

Praise him who hath been blessed with dubs.

these menus have so much fucking STYLE™ put into them they make every other game menus look like shit in comparison.

its kind of an eyesore at some points

HAVE YOU FUCKERS PLAYED ANY OF THE GOD DAMN GAMES?

That seems about right, op.

You're underestimating how retarded the average Persona fan is.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

are you one of those annoying "SMT onry" guys?

You don't deserve those dubs.

They're obviously referencing Personae. Which clearly have different ages and genders. It's why you can have Thor, Odin, Parvati, Ukobach, Fairy, etc. as Personae. Young, old, male, female, something other than any of those, etc.

Fucking hell, guys, stop drawing attention from the shit about the translation that is actually awful. Like all of the stilted, Google translation quality bullshit lines.

why not?

you seem upset my dude

Hahahaha, holy shit, you're one mad autistic fatty.

It's a term invented by a Jew to later further their agendas in dividing peoples by evolving the LGBT+ bullshit into a bigger problem.

Holy shit you're still going? The autism is strong with this one.

Congrats.

hey, user…
hey.
hey user…

Kill yourself.

wew lad, you're fucking mad for nothing

You seem pretty butthurt yourself, user.

Given that the thread isn't moving I think that it's kind of a given my posts would be in a row, anons.

How am I mad for making fun of that fag? pls explain

because you made the three posts in quick succession you butthurt weenie.

if the posts were 1 hour apart i'd consider otherwise, but you just sharted all your butthurt all over the thread in a quick blitzkrieg of asspain. i bet you spend the last 10 minutes reviewing that post you made at the :50 mark.

I wouldn't call it a quick succession if you look at the times they were posted.

When you say quick succession it would mean that they were quick as in, in seconds to give that a literal definition.

But as you can see they are more than a few minutes apart.

I'm sorry to tell you this, user, but you're wrong; I'm not mad!

Also I did not spend the last 10 minutes reviewing that post. I actually spent it reading about troop deployments, and other things related to getting into a global war.

Anyways I'm outta here; I hope you have a good time, user.

I also hope everyone can enjoy the festival that's coming.

>tfw everything about the future you looked forward to has been ruined by authoritarian chucklefucks who would literally strap you down and forcibly reprogram your mind so you don't do any icky problematic wrongthink ever again

Well, at least we might get a Holy War in my lifetime. I may never get my cyborg gynoid waifu paradise with flying cars, but at least I'll be able to join the new Crusades and kill some degenerates.

You're a faggot, son.

What was the filter? I think it's the first time mark doesn't go full retard with them.

Persona series is gay after Eternal Punishment. Fuck that high school dating sim BS.

this is your brain on /r/thedonald

no of course not, its just a raid by our retarded video game hating neighbors