Call of Duty: United Offensive Gamenight
Starting 7th June 19:00 GMT/ 3PM EST
Come play CoD from before it went to shit:

Game Info
Server name: z8v Gamenight
Password: infv

Downloads
Mega: mega.nz/#!0jQDlBSa!co5lkinTA4rALzoQop_fCE_MhR4U3R29sMMvAr1kHHE
Buyfags: It's on (((Steam))) but Activision are charging you fucktons for a ~13 year old game, don't be a retard. If you insist you need both CoD 1 and UO.

Installation
Download the megaupload link and unzip it somewhere, password is infv. Once it's installed start CoDUOMP.exe and go to multiplayer options. Turn Allow Downloading to Yes and enter this CD-Key: RXN7-UW4W-W4RD-BXKK-F682
If you're using another version of the game make sure it's patched up to 1.51.

Other urls found in this thread:

winehq.org/search?q=Call of Duty United Offensive
upload.teknik.io/
mediafire.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FAQ
How do I use a widescreen resolution?
The mega download comes set for 1080p. If you're doing it manually or need another resolution:
1. Go to the /uo/ directory
2. Find uoconfig.cfg and uoconfig_mp.cfg
3. In both change seta r_customheight "xxxx" and seta r_customwidth "xxxx" to your desired resolution.
4. Again in both change seta r_mode "x" to -1.

How do I kill tanks?
They take most damage from the back, less from the side and least from the front. Infantry can find panzerfausts, bazookas, panzerschreck and satchel charges if necessary.

You said no XP bullshit, why does it claim I ranked up?
UO works like Enemy Territory, as your score (kills, objectives complete etc) goes up you gain ranks for the duration of that map only. Mostly this is extra ammo and grenades.

What the fuck are these gametypes?
Domination: Capture all three points for your team.
Base Assault: Defend your three bunkers, blow up the enemy's bunkers with explosives. Once they're blown plant a bomb in the basement.
Behind Enemy Lines: Score as many points as possible if Allied. If Axis kill Allies to spawn as them.
Headquarters: King of the Hill.
Search and Destroy: Similar to Counter Strike: two bomb sites and 1 life per round.
Retrieval: Similar to S&D but with an objective (e.g. a codebook) instead of bomb sites.

I keep crashing when connecting.
Make sure you didn't fuck up the resolution change: both .cfgs have to have identical changes.

The game boots me for being an impure client.
Go to your /uo/ folder and delete the offending file.

I can't alt tab
Run it windowed, you might need to fuck about to get borderless windowed.

My game crashed and now the desktop is fucking bright as shit
Load the game again, if you quit it properly (non-crash) this will go away.

Here's the rest of the schedule and other potential games. Any technical issues ask here, there's ~20 hours yet to solve them.

thats pretty gay fam

Every week risks the hosts burning out and risks overlapping with other anons in the in-between weeks. We might run UO two weeks in a row though, the hack will probably result in lower player numbers.

bump

absolute cancer

i wasnt paying attention

I'm very paranoid downloading pirated games on an unpatched copy of windows 7, how can I be so sure the mega link is safe? I don't use the internet on windows 7 but I do have my steam account.

Download any other version of the game if you like (legit or otherwise), just make sure it's at 1.51.

What alternatives are there? I don't have access to a private tracker and I'd sooner trust the mega than the pirate bay or any torrenting site. Would I be safe downloading it in a VM and running a virus scan? I don't even know if you can run virus scans on a linux vm.

Buy it or find a friend who has it and get it off of them. Maybe G2A or somewhere sells it cheaply. Or just stop being a pussy, it's up to you.
No idea, ask Holla Forums. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to though, as long as it remains zipped it should be fine. Also if it were malicious I wouldn't exactly be the person to ask since I was one of the anons involving in uploading it. I mean it isn't but if you're going to be paranoid think it through.

Alright I'll take your word for it and download it. Hopefully we get a full server tomorrow.

Full would be 64, strictly speaking, but the game works well enough with numbers as low as 8-10 if you pick the right map. Obviously the big maps with the tanks need more people.

Well, it looks like one user managed to install it successfully anyway.

I'm in, does it work with a legit copy or do I have to download the Mega file?

legit copy should work just fine.

Legit is fine, boxed copy might need patched.

If you want to test server is up now.

I haven't played this game in ten years.

8 for me, I think, though I've done SP more recently.

im too gud at this game, and the hostfags probably live on the other side of the world as always

Aye, thanks

Tomorrow, kinda late today

5am here so I'm going off for a bit anyway, server will stay up all night anyway.

I'm still wrestling with the new & improved catalog, but how do you anons like these layout ideas?

I prefer the second one, since we're organising by player count anyway. What are you going to do about pros and cons that don't have an icon or do they all have one?

Most of them have an icon. I don't think I'm missing anything. If I am, I could probably put in something like "Note: Making a server is complicated"

which one, the good or the bad one?

That works.

The original one, of course.

Where's the serber hosted?

UK.

Also we've tested it, acceptable pings to most of the USA, all of UK and EU and it seems playable even in South America. More anons trying it would always help.

If theres any other game I missed in the last thread, let me know. I got pic related & remember that it allows 16 players but not the other details.

Time to fucking die

Other thread is, amazingly, still up on p13.

Well you could always try anyway. If Holla Forums hadn't been down for 4 fucking days I was going to try and organise a different user to host for pacific timezones but such is life.

I will play gaem

Aha. Got the stuff down, thanks.

Nah, there's no point. I average 460 ping to UK servers.

Also we should have spacestation 13 as a game we should all play

Oh dear. As if the Emus weren't bad enough.

See second row, fourth from the left. The anons from the SS13 thread expressed an interest in running a gamenight at some point also.
Speaking of which, is the user from the Xonotic thread still around? A confirmation you're still ready for doing your scheduled night despite hacking-drama would be good.

I feel like I'm the only person that actually went to .pl/v/…

I never really trusted Holla Forums.pl, a site blatantly designed to trick unsuspecting users thanks to google blocking actual Holla Forums doesn't appeal to me. Then again I also wouldn't trust Jim as far as I could throw him. Also I just played CoC for 4 days instead.

But you do trust Holla Forums.net which is already proven to be untrustworthy…

After the last round of wikileaks it's pretty clear no one's shit is truly private.

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead

3 hours until completion :'(

Did you actually read the post above you? Jim is a big man, I'm not going to be throwing him particularly far.

We aren't playing properly for 18 or so hours, you've got plenty of time. This is why the thread is up early.

8ch.pl is just old the Holla Forums infrastructure before it was fucked with. A recent 400-500 exodus of Holla Forumsacks occurred and they have set up base there.

Oh really, I might mess around in the single player a bit

i mean we're not all americans having our isps legally spy on us and sell our data. it's nice to take what privacy you can get in non-cucked countries.

The CIA doesn't ask permission to spy on the US or anyone else. If you have a phone with a touchscreen you have a device they can access.

Don't forget the old 'ask an ally to do it' way to circumvent the law on spying on Americans.

Eventually our "leaders" are going to strain the principles of democracy to the point that the people will willingly give up their political power to some authoritarian.

Yeah, like donald dumpf

Still need to add the little icons beneath the games & the other titles such as Shattered Horizon. Haven't found any info regarding the maximum player count for Alien Vs. Predator 2 other than a Steam thread saying that the original game supports 18 for all. What do you think?

I remember playing this in high school during class. Fun times it was until one of my friends decided to tell the normalfags how to access it on the curriculum. I told that faggot not to do it but he did anyway kek. It got deleted within the next week by the admin because all the library latops would be taken every lunch break to play the game. Good things don't last when normalfags get a hold of them.

It was either 24 or 18, but I'm 80% sure it was 18 from what back cover of the game said.

Does this game work well in wine?

winehq.org/search?q=Call of Duty United Offensive
Since you don't have to install the copy in the OP it should be fine.

i love you daddy

Having a problem connecting to other servers using the CD key in the OP.

The CD key is only for hacked and modded servers.

Hugs and kisses xoxoxox

I still play UO base assault on the norm these days. Love this game. Dont care about the SP though the more ive grown up.

Go to Ebay and try to see if you can find some retard who took a picture of the CD Key.

Funny, I also played with my CoC for 4 days straight. :^)

You deleted and reposted just for this shitty joke?

Please add.

yes

at least you're honest

No reason to lie on an unknown persons gook stained glass muralAnd I actually was playing Call of Chernobyl during the downtime.

Is there a way to run the game at 16:9?

==We're supposed to start in 30 minutesish, if any faggots are ready.

I like it

That's to be expected, the key is just one I grabbed from a torrent

Yes, give me a second to look it up.

Assuming you've already done the resolution change as mentioned here
Go into the same two config files and find the line that says seta r_customaspect "1" then change the 1 to the decimal version of your aspect ratio (divide width by height, I forget if you round up or down). 16:10 is 1.6, for example.

16:9 is 1.7

If anyone was getting kicked for having a high ping that has just been fixed.

Ready to go now, password is infv

It doesn't seem to work. I'll play in fullscreen anyway.

5 so far, that's a start I suppose.

The OP says 3pm EST; it's only 1:45 EST. I'm sure more people will join up in an hour or so.

Oh shit, I can't even keep track of my own times.

8 now, I'm just impatient.

Resuggesting games I posted on dead bread because im an idiot.

Vehicular combat with artillery and base building.
+64 players
+Free
+Linux friendly
+Small but stable community
+/- Each team requires an experienced commander or it's gg
-Prone to crashing on the client end (at the moment, they are working on it)
-Source mod (Steam & 1 Source game required)

wat if counter strike was actully a quake mod
+Open source
+Linux friendly
+Active community
+/- Servers up to 32 players
- Not much to look at

Not much to look at is a positive if it's toaster friendly.

It's back, nobody PANIC.

Doesn't this shit start in 50 mins? also i only see the testing server

I fucked up the times, we're already on.
Strictly speaking the test server is the same server as the real server, I just renamed it. Have you refreshed the server list?

So what was the best gun in the war and why was it the Kar98. Couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead couldn't load Blockhead.

Multiplayer Options -> Allow Downloading - > Set to 'Yes'

WW2 was decided by a battle on a moving rubix cube, believe it or not.

We may panic now.

LEL gud serber host :DDDDDD

It's all fixed now.

Fucking kill me

Turn on allow downloading in multiplayer options.

Thanks OP

Top tier

Thread theme.

If it's shouting at you for missing files turn on allow downloading.

I want that on my gravestone.

I blame the Ukrainians

NOT TRUE COMMUNISM

You should add Left4Dead 2 to the list it could be fun to do the campaign with more than 4 players

We had six on today, so 4v4 versus will probably suffice

smh at myself.

It'll be on for hours yet.

I don't see the server in the list.

Does your main menu say 1.51?
It should be called 8v gamenight server.

jrgl needs to turn off the aimbot

I know you're probably joking but PB is on.

Taking a break for a bit, server should stay up though.

Running the game via wine, had to do this to get it to run

Good to know, I was concerned it might not be Linux-friendly.

Still playing faggots.

I would like to inquire about how many anons are playing as of now?

Most excellent

STICKY THIS THREAD

Mark sticky this thread

Thanks for putting this together OP. I had a lot of fun revisiting this game and I hope we can play again sometime.

I enjoyed the nostalgia trip too.
It'll be up tomorrow, at least.

Fuck me, worst fucking timeline, but at least its getting better and this was a nice trip down memory lane.

We've come full circle back to WW2 games, I suppose, but I don't hold out hope the new ones will be as good.

Setting means nothing
The design of the games from pacing to levels did.
Not only that but we've seen that Vince and Jason aren't all talk and made CoD/MoHAA wha they are/were thanks to Titanfall 2.

Also thanks for the sticky board kike
They're going to be garbage

Man I need some fucking sleep

Well, at least I confirmed today that my love of CoD UO wasn't pure nostalgia.

I wish I had the opportunity to play that game in its peak.

Man called Juden: turn on downloading in multiplayer settings.

God dammit guys, you can't all be empire!
>CoD United Offensive
God dammit guys, you can't all be Germany!

Could not load blockheads map.

Luckily autobalance is on.

See

Anyone got a magnet link? Mega is slow.

Any Call of Duty torrent that included the game and United Offensive will work.

To the trash

CoD UO is from 2004 user, long before CoD went to shit. Unless you're one of those MoH:AA > CoD 1 fags.

where is the server located?

Order the servers by players and you'll find it almost immediately.

UK

Why am I not surprised?

Jesus
Off to bed I go

oh boy can't wait for 200 ping

It's actually really fun. It's got vehicles and shit.

It's ok when everyone is 200 ping.

Project Reality exists (Squad is boring and sterile) and BC2, BF3, and BF4 are still alive. I never thought Battlefield could become worse and more casualized but Niggerfield did it.

Which shouldn't have happened, where is my Korean War, Cold War gone hot, fucking anything besides future warfare and WW2. I want a fucking Red Orchestra clone with RTS elements where Einstein was killed or some shit therefore no nukes and therefore no deterrent which means war in the 50s and 60s along with alternate timeline like Japan being split in half. No 5.56x45 either just M2 Carbines, M14s, AR-10s, and FALs for the free world.

Anybody having input issues with wine?

Alright, how many players on currently? Mega is constantly a bitch, telling me I'm over my free bandwith quota.

Why Q3 over Live?

I think there's a plugin to bypass that but I'm using an old disk copy. Any other anons know?

Too true.

I doubt many others are using it.

Live went to shit.

Live needs Steam servers to run I think, Bethesda owns it, $10 for something that was once free, and 3 is a classic.

How'd it go to shit? I still play it actively to this day.

Uhh do I really have to wait two months?

There's no gamenight for the 7th of June user.

yeah I can't, sorry lads

I was a beast at cod1 & uo as a kid. Can't wait to try this again, my cod1 disc broke so I was never able to play UO again. It was my favorite CoD game because the tanks, and jeeps were tons of fun with others.

UO is the best hands down.

Google for the mega plugin to skip download limits.

The mega plugin just causes mega to fail to work completely for me.

Will ask anons ingame what they did, one sec.

They suggest megadownloader, for what that's worth.

test

Use JDownloader.

pretty dull without nostalgia glasses tbqh

Oh man, I would just about suck a dick to play Enemy Territory with you guys; I used to have so much fun playing that game.

Mate, none of the WW1/WW2 shooters from the early-to-mid 2000's were good.
Compare any of them to other shooters from the time like FEAR or Serious Sam.

Brothers in Arms would like a word.

Anons are fucking indecisive people.

I'd rather give it to this guy tbh fam :'^)

I'm really fucking enjoying this but it's not deep and large scaled enough, can we have the next Friday gamenight be RO1 or any time before June 23rd.

That's a bit early to stick another game in user.
Why so specific a date?

Incoming blogpost, I'm going to go to some chick's house for the Summer to build a trench, bridge, and rail speeder, I don't care if I smash because sleeping in a foxhole is more appealing.

RO:OST > women

this was CoD before dumb shit like perks and killstreaks and regenerating health

MEGA is asking for a "Decryption key" to download.

I'm out for a nap but server is still up and anons are still on. If it empties we're doing this again tomorrow night though I'll probably make a new thread so don't panic.

The zip needs the password infv, if that doesn't work then I dunno what mega has done. You'll have to ask an user ITT.

How big is the file size?

2GBish

Hmm…even though the maximum file size per upload is 1GB each, why not upload to teknik.io? That way, nobody has to deal with MEGA's bandwith bullshit.
upload.teknik.io/

We'd have to split the download up then, I don't want to add more steps than strictly necessary and most seem to get on well with mega. To be honest I'd prefer an easy all-in-one torrent but the only no-install one we could find needed manual patching and the more steps you add the more anons can fuck up. Even with the basic instructions 'enter CD Key and turn on downloading' we had a few technical issues.

If anyone knows a file hosting service that lets us do larger than 1GB and doesn't limit us it'd be helpful. I won't reply for 6-8 hours, I really am going to sleep now.

Mediafire does more than 4GB & doesn't seem to limit uploads.
mediafire.com/
That's all I got though.

Downloading now should be in within the hour. Hope there are still a few anons playing.

and now we are all done for the night. We'll play more midday probably.

seconding this

Maybe you need to use the mega browser extension. It wouldn't work until I did that on a different browser. My main browser wasn't even showing the nag about it being over 1GB or whatever.

Yeah chrome doesn't show it for me

I was on Vivaldi when it wasn't showing so maybe it's a full on chromium problem.

Holy fuck really? I'd love to play it again. I actually liked the new weapons they added (sniper rifle was fucking awesome) but way too many people bitched about it and the game died. Or are you planning to use an older version that just has the one weapon?

Hopefully you are planning the modded version of one of the later builds we made that takes out the retarded auto-climb.

Does the MP actually still work in this day and age?

Max players was either 64 or 32, I can't recall exactly.

The Remaster or the original release?

Also I'd like to recommend Soldier of Fortune 1, as it is available for free and comes pre-packed with modern fixes and custom maps installed. Google Soldier of Fortune Community Edition. Version 6.2 can be downloaded from their forum, but when I tried to install it there were some issues. I grabbed 6.1 from theisozone.com and that one worked. I can upload the 6.2 installer somewhere if people want to try it, maybe my failed install was just an outlier.

Mount and Blade after Ace of Spades please

From what was suggested, the remaster.
How many players max? Is it toaster friendly?

It runs on the Quake 2 engine, so yeah toaster approved alright. I don't know max players but I'd wager 32 at least.

Got it. Will add it into the new catalog.

Noice. I believe the only real difference between 6.2 and 6.1 is a slightly different collection of maps, no big deal for sure.

Also still wondering about Shattered Horizon. It's no long sold on Steam so only those of us who own it already would be able to play, unless pirated copies will work in multiplayer?

Judging by this thread, I believe pirated copies work.
>>>/radcorp/188

It does the same thing for me too in cyberfox but not others, just try a different more secure browser like edge or something…

edge doesn't let me download more than 1gb, only chrome does

The best CoD.

Smash her in the trench and pretend that you're German Officer taking arvantage of a French country bumpkin.

this

rip

Is it over.

Its never over

I was there an hour ago but no-one was on.

Tried with firefox and palemoon, logged in with browser extension.

Doesn't work btw.

We're on again in an hour or two faggots.

If fact there are 3 anons on now.

So far so good.
I wanted to cover the worst case scenario where the attacker does hear of the server from Holla Forums and launches a worse than usual attack to trash the game night.

I asked for backup hosts, but I'm not sure if there will be any.
>>>/radcorp/141
(It will also be better to have multiple servers for different regions since it may not be an enjoyable playing experience to try and land projectile shots at high ping, for distant anons.)

Ok, I might be able to get us another server but we can discuss it over on /radcorp/, I just wanted to check you were still about. Going to sage for now since I'll start a new thread for Saturday night in a second.

link it here faggot

Good call.

Suggesting Tremulous

Didn't it die?
New Night, New Thead

think so but that doesnt stop someone here from running a server, right?

No idea, to be honest.

Well that was fun. Stacked team though, too bad there's not a shuffle option.