Upcoming game The Surge will not use Denuvo, according to the dev

Steam store page: store.steampowered.com/app/378540/

The dev responding to the question

archive.is/sCTjM

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nature/journal/v421/n6918/abs/nature01333.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What a world we live in, if only we could get rid of anti-tamper shit and focus on if the game is even good.

It's team13(lords of the fallen) so I highly doubt it.

hate those exosuits

Jesus that game shit the bed so fucking hard and all it had to do was copy dark souls competently

Could this be their wake up call? Did they found out Denuvo is one of the reasons their other dark souls clone didn't sell well? You know, aside from the shitty gameplay

nice now I can pirate it day 1 and uninstall right after playing it once

Werent these the faggots that managed to get denuvo to fuck with the game performance?

Well, looks like I won't be writing SF souls off just yet. That's about the extent of my interest though.

lords was a giant turd that is unplayable today on the PC, and it had denuvo which was another nail in the coffin

That said, I have cautious hope for this game and hope they learned their lessons from their last shot because it'd be nice to see people do something with the souls formula. No Denuvo at least means I'll try it and if it's half decent pick it up on sale eventually

Lords of the Fallen had SE has its publisher
This one is published by Focus Home Interactive, and none of their games have Denuvo.

Aside from indieshit devs developers don't make these choices, the publishers do and Square Enix is directly funding the Denuvo Sony niggers.

These were one of the first cocksuckers to start using Denuvo. Looks like they couldn't blame piracy on their game selling like shit.

I hope they learned from their mistakes from their last try in making a game like this. Not having Denuvo won't make people think a game is automatically good.

You jest but denuvo stopped me from even pirating the game.
It looked like shit though so I suppose it's not big deal.

Their prevoius game was better than Dork Souls, but now they are just trying to cash in on a dead cow

Bullshit. Lords of the Fallen was a rushed mess without a single decent boss.

Never change, Holla Forums.

Glad to hear they won't use Denuvo, though. I have been cautiously optimistic about this game since it was announced in 2015 (or early 2016, can't exactly remember). It's an obvious Souls ripoff, but if they make the core gameplay engaging enough then I'm okay with it. Mostly what irks me are the little things like having to hold down a button instead of simply pressing it, or the EXTREME slowdown on finisher attacks. I think they've slightly reduced the latter, though, from what later gameplay videos show.

I hate that most enemies seem to be spongy and the sci-fi setting really doesn't work, since I was asking myself where all the guns are the whole video.

Hell, you can even deploy a drone that shoots shit at enemies. Why can't your character use a fucking gun?

That looks like shit. At 3:36 you see the enemy "snap" into place so he's positioned properly for the epin slow-mo finisher. Lazy as fuck.

Looks interesting, but I'm not convinced it's worth buying.

gotta say they couldn't possibly come up with a more generic title.

Every time I see that video I am reminded how mediocre the game seems both as a game set in sci-fi with blunt weapons and visually.
At least with dark souls you have knights and stuff. What is that ? An exosuit colored brightly ?

Upon further review, the EPIC SLOWDOWN only occurs with the last enemy you kill in a group, although I would prefer it not happen at all. I swear Western developers have some obsession with slow motion: you never see stuff like this in Japanese action games or most fighting games.

1) The non-diegetic reason is they wanted to make a melee-focused game, you fucking idiot.
2) The diegetic reason is (presumably) most of the game will take place in a big industrial complex, and they wouldn't let anyone but security carry firearms onto the production line or into the laboratories. From what I've gathered, the protagonist is a regular worker so he certainly wouldn't be carrying them.

Is that a big deal for you? I know it's kind of lazy, but stuff like that never bothered me too much.

Construction equipment is bright yellow so you can see it easily.

No shit you cocksucker.

So you're saying he can build advanced exoskeletons and industrial equipment but can cobble together a fucking gun?

Also, if security carry them, what's stopping you from taking a gun from them and using it?

Stop defending a shit premise that makes little sense and looks goofy as fuck in execution.

Except this happens all the time in Japanese action games

All is forgiven if it's fun.
Will it be fun? I don't know. Based on their previous game I doubt it, but I guess we'll see.

Hell, I'm convinced pic related is where Garl Vinland and Maiden Astraea came from.

Never even heard of it. Looks like the kind of generic garbage I ignore anyway, denuvo or not.

Denuvo doesn't bother me enough to care one way or the other. If this is a major point of interest for the developer, it probably means the game is shit and they'll take any scrap of publicity they can get to peddle it.

So we get a glimpse of the intellectual level of the devs.

so we get a glimpse of the intellectual level of user.

Hey man, someone released a game where you're a pixelated kid and have to run around in a huge shower like structure trying to find your naked dad. I think I can give this shit story a pass just for the gameplay if
IF
such gameplay is good which we have to actually wait and see.

go back to your basement in washington

Found the cuck. Have fun immersing yourself in propaganda

ok friendo.

So you see? Talking about temperatures and you post CO2 levels, do you actually think I'm disagreeing that CO2 levels have risen? That's your level of discourse?

You still think it's science? My dude, how immature, it's politics, and even religion for some. Do you even know the nature of politics and science? In science, if two people are disagreeing, there are only two possibilities, either both are wrong or one is right. In politics, there are three possibilities, both are wrong, one is right or both are right.

Right now you are enacting this scenario where you disagree with me and then say that CO2 have risen, which is right, while I said that temperatures remained stable which is also right. We're not debating science, and I doubt you ever did on the subject of climate change, we're debating politics (ie. things that matter to us, not things that are).

Yeah man, we need massive carbon taxes on the lower classes to fix this shit. Fuck white people also.

CO2 levels are directly related to temp, and have a variety of other negative affects like acidifying the ocean. And there's nothing political or religious about this shit, it is happening and it is bad, not for the planet, but for humans and our way of life.

Not what I said faggot.

How exactly have you disproved the mountains of evidence that higher levels of carbon in the atmosphere raises mean temperature levels?

Mountains of evidence prove it is happening. You can see it with your own fucking eyes.

Wow I'm sure seeing all that evidence.

nature.com/nature/journal/v421/n6918/abs/nature01333.html
I could do this all day.

Agreed comrade. We gotta kill more white people and abort all their babies. It's the only way we can fix CO2 levels, too many honky ass motherfuckers sucking up all the air and shit. Workers of the world unite! (against white people).

You gonna make an argument at some point or should I stop replying?

Why would I make an argument when I am on your side?

By the time it actually effects the world enough to bother day to day life we will all be dead or close enough that it doesn't matter. Fuck the next generations I got mine.

I see a paper commenting on the fact that global temperatures are rising. I see no evidence that it's anthropogenic, because there is none.

Why would you let such a perfectly fine excuse to exterminate the white race go to waste?

No proofs.
No proofs.

Don't you post Mike "Deus Volt" Pence at me, you lying leftist cunt.

Yeah man white humans are responsible for all rises of CO2 throughout the entirety of existence, even before humans actually existed because white people have time travel devices they had from us because they are the fucking devil.

At the current rate of demographic replacement by the time white people are overrun I will be dead. So I don't care about that shit either.

You don't have to be a leftist to use basic reasoning, and I posted proofs

Dismissed

This is better. Models generally show that if you increase CO2, temperatures rise, but models can be faulty, and there is a sort of culture of never critiquing the models, lastly that temperatures did remain stable despite massive increase in CO2.

Now some earth samples have shown that past increases in CO2 was followed by a warming about 800 years later, that may be the case, frankly we don't know enough, certainly not enough to justify killing our deficit economy right now. If you want an alarmist conclusion, your death is way more likely to come in the form of Venezuela-like economic disaster induced starvation than having temperatures go high enough to kill you.

So the "mountain of evidence" are not conclusive at all, why is the South pole growing? Why the "pause" happened? It's as if we got rain dancers that demand human sacrifice to appease the sky god. Temperatures change all the time, you can do a dance and then pretend you caused it, after all the sky will rain sometime in the future, it's almost a certainty.

You posted proofs of co2 rising.
Wanting to end industry in the West because muh co2 is a leftist position, whether you think you're a leftist or not.

White people are making it bigger with their magic snow machines. It is actually shrinking but the machines are running on devil power so it is outpacing the shrinakge, thus fooling us all into believing lies.

Actually, I should correct myself, you didn't even post that.
Because all the fucking co2 ends up frozen, right?

God damnit user.

Why the fuck are soulcucks so autistically obsessed with their mediocre games?

At least you're talking some sense. But people do challenge the models, and most projections have varying different outcomes, and there is no consensus on that. And temperature =/= climate, and even if it does change we should be trying as hard as we can to stop it, because like I said it matters more to humans than it does to life in general.

Never said we should throttle industry because of it, and there are many solutions to this problem.
Holy shit never mind you're a retard.

It isn't slow at all, and is getting faster.

Blows your mind doesn't it?

If the Earth was getting colder it would matter more to humans, humans thrive better in warm places, you cannot stop the climate from changing, I'm not saying we shouldn't do anything, and I'm not saying there can't be any other effect than warming from CO2 in the atmosphere, but we shouldn't hurt the economy, which we know for sure will affect people's life negatively, because of global warming which we don't really know how it will affect people negatively. For example, pollution affect people's life negatively, that's for sure, we should try to not make the same mistakes as China and get extremely polluted urban centers.

Change in either direction is bad, and we can take measure to slow climate change to an extent. And the economy seems to be hurting for many other reasons than taxes on oil companies. Otherwise I agree with your post.