Reconquest

Dead genre

Current stuff:
LETS PLAY SOME FUCKING AOE2 YOU FAGGOTS
I NEED TO RAID AND PILLAGE

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894127431&searchtext=calradia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The promised blizzjew speech. May contain false promises and attempts at making blizz seem competent.

WARNING
Do not actually think that mongols are cool guys. They got their alphabet as late as the year 1204. Just enjoy Zorigoo while he sings. (not this guy)

Come on you fags. Those sheep ain't finding themselves. Write in the thread so we can get a bunch of people to play.

Looking forward to dawn of war 3

But are you looking forward to onagers at your gates ?

no idea, I just see that this RTS thread needed a bump or two,

user, please.

Liking RTS is suffering

So basicly they lazily copied the bulletin system from Coh2?

Why do you think I'm holding on hope for DoW? My friends are all going to play it so at least ill have some fun lan and online games

You should propably get new friends or mercy kill the ones you have now.
Then yourself.

Game is Pax Mongolica. Expansions allowed if you have any.
Write to this post so I can open slots.

Question is: When did the mongols get their alphabet ?
Answer: 1204

Thanks.

Yep. Reposting from the previous dow3 thread

Sadly there are probably many people like desparate for RTS, willing to buy into the crap that DoW3 is just because it is the next big thing.

implying mongols are even good
implying having no halberdiers is good and doesn't doom you in the lategame

me too user.

ok so whats wrong with DoW3? assfagots is not exactly a good description.
i thought they were going back towards base building and away from squad only combat?
whats wrong with that.

alright, anyone wanna play aoe2?
also shilling my shitty map
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894127431&searchtext=calradia

Will you host on it ?

one sec, turning steam on
room name will be "8chin plays" again

Iron Harvest is looking pretty good.

When is it coming out?

There is a multi closed beta on.

So far it's like wargame but worse, the fact that they want to do map control instead of the wargame mode (the guy that loses is the guy that lost a lot more units points). Also there is some fucking counter intuitive stuff, like the the capture mechanic (which means you can lose big fucking tanks to non AT infantry because there is a a mortar lobbing 50mm shells at you… which is so fucking retarded), etc…

So yeah so far not so good, it's not Wargame: WWII (which would be perfectly ok to me), it's got Nu-Paradox fingerprints all over it and those guys know all about combat gameplay /sarcasm.

The reason why map control is silly is because of the highly specialized deck, how the fuck are you supposed to roll of a cavalry deck with 150 pts tanks if there is 15pts light inf everywhere?

Also it's the terrible way to do map control a.k.a. the guy that get more map gets more points ensuring whoever won the troop placement at the beginning wins the game.

I like Eugene but I don't want to give Parajew any of my money.

From everything I've seen thus far it mostly looks like Wargame: WWII Parajew Bungaloo
Compared to Wargame though the graphics look quite horrible.

A round and the decks are divided in three phases A,B and C limiting which units you can field e.g. all units in phase C, only A units in A and A and B in phase B.
There are no controlzones and no command vehicles requisiton points are received every minute instead.
Instead of zones ther exists a frontline which most units move/push around and units which are behind enemy lines get
There are so called leader units which give boni to surounding units.
Apparently ther is a LoS and range indicator which is really nice

The NDC for the closed beta was apparently lifted today, there are quite some videos up already.
Stay away from the official Paradox videos, those are from their streams and that's pure fucking cancer.

I really like the idea behind it, both for the walkers and the WWI/Intebellum period.
Though the fact that it is developded for PS4 and Xbone as well has me worried

Supposedly sometime in 2018.

Is there a video of Eugen playing their own fucking game? I don't remembera single time one of their faggot employees ever played their own games.

I can't understand what made Eugene get in bed with Paradox

If it were Wargamme: WWII I would be bothered without an angling, overmatch and normalisation mechanic for armor.

There are 4? videos from EGX Rezzed with the Creative Director of Eugene.

RTS is for kids. Real men play RTT

That image is so cancerous.

its 100% true, i saw all of this happen in MP

Part of me wishes Blizzard would update the engine, but I know they'll fuck it up.

That's a good representation of Men of War though…

(I like that game).

GG man. May Mongolar smile upon you.

after probably more than 2 hours, here we go
apparently i surrendered only a bit before the vaegirs were gonna finish him off, so now i feel stupid

I've been playing Blitzkrieg 2 lately, it's pretty fun.

Yeah they were spamming boyars in my general direction but the AI was very irregular during the game. At one point mass assault. Later nothing. Mass assault. Nothing. Mass assault. Nothing. Blue AI was more consistent in spamming like mad.
TRICKED

What?

We should have done wonders and ended that game hours ago. Technically a wonder ends it faster than we did.

Steel Division Normandy 44 seems to combine all the worst aspects of Wargame with all the retarded aspects of R.U.S.E.

Seriously. Are the bandits just a randomly generated groups of soldiers on the map?

Threadly reminder that we will never get a new World in Conflict game.

It still might be interesting to pirate, I haven't seen many games take the battlemap approach it is doing, maybe for good reason, but it still seems kinda interesting to me.

yes, from the start of the game they spawn a soldier every few seconds at the middle of the map
they get progressively harder every 10 minutes, and at 50 minutes they advance civs and start getting villagers too
in our case we ended up teaming up to beat them, i sent about 150 paladins and a few trebuches to clean them up, other guy sent halberdiers n shit
again, shilling it here

The other user should be the one to explain. He made the map. From what I saw bandits are in the middle of the map and spawn relentlessly.
They spawn several types of cavalry. Past a certain poin in the game they get builders and start constructing buildings at random and spawning more and more units. He defeated them at one point, no idea how. Every time I attacked them they rebuild.

Yeah pirating to try is always the final solution. I'm skeptical as fuck though considering how badly they screwed the pooch on Red Dragon. I seriously hope they make some decent AI if they plan on making a campaign

Holy shit that sounds fucking great.

i was actually looking forward to it but after watching some gameplay i am not interested anymore

…can I play

There seems to be more French units on the Allies and Axis side than German, US, Brit, or Leaf from what I've seen so far. Also kek when I checked Steam forums about people bitching that there was no Japs or Russians in the game

Frogs and ZOGbots will do I suppose.

i don't feel like playing another 4 hours, but you can always play it singleplayer, it should work fine with bots

I'm done for today. Maybe some other user. 4 hours is enough. Broke my fingers spamming skirmishers and halberdiers.

Wanna go again tomorrow ?

Gotta make you pay for DLC/Expansion packs :^)

Would be more fun if they added chinks and aussies into the mix along with nips or something.

sure

ok

alright fag, fine if you're gonna be like that lets play right now
hosting 8chin plays
i'm gonna need coffee

Of course goyim! :^)
Annoyed though they didn't pick Italy or North Africa and instead went with something that's been done to death 6 gorillion times

I'm not seeing it.

my name is doctard, with a pic of that dixie genral, add me as a friend and i'll invite you

Shameful display.
We should boil him alive next time in the ways of the old mongols. Did you remember the name ?

fuck this shit

i can still play but i'm sick of playing as swadia
subscribe like and favourite the mod and host a game

I've given up. maybe tomorrow or in the next thread I can just join as a random. whatever.

Hope tomorrow we get 4 people so we can do our own games with no randoms.
the first game some destroyer random owned us both

Sounds to me he'd be the perfect person to play the Rhodoks.

ironically the rhodoks always lose since they have no answer for the sarranids
i don't know why, the AI plays them horribly and just makes crossbowman the entire game, even though he could at least make halberdiers and cavaliers

Sounds like a typical bug with AOE II HD. For some reason the AI will typically pick some random unit to spam non stop even when it literally is one of the worst units to use. Good example was that they would spam Fireships even if it was a mostly land map. Another weird one I found was Light Cavalry.

Anyone wanna play mowas w/ robz realism mod?

so on the topic of pic related, anyone have opinions on the bandits?
do i nerf them? should i let them stop spawning if you kill the tent? or stop giving them troops when they start getting villagers?

IT IS TIME FOR RAIDS
WHERE DA AOE GUYS AT?

They ain't bad as they are. From what I saw they attack red and cyan the most. If it's meant to be played with more players you should make the bandits annoy the others as well.
ALSO MAPMAKER GUY
LETS PLAY

I am tempted to join in as the Khergits once I find my vodka.

alright, but someone host because i don't want to be swadia again
and if you want khergits, then the host first has to set the first 3 players to something (AI or other player)

How do I select the map though ?

if you have it downloaded, or you subscribed to it form the workshop, you should have it in your files
when you're choosing the settings of the map, select scenario in "game"

Ok. Game is 8chin calradia.
JOIN UP FAGS

khergitfag join already, we're waiting

Does anyone play Graviteam Tactics/Achtung Panzer?

Should I keep going ? Grey is pretty much the winner unless the bandit somehow wrecks him ?

bandit is clearly wrecking him, just wait for his trebuches

the absolute madman

He made a comeback ?

the absolute madman actually did it
i mean, pretty much anyone can beat the bandits anyways, pshh

Jesus, the bandits aren't fucking around anymore.

rip

Man I can spam but this guy is the sort of player that will build barracks in your base while he attacks.
Also bandits strong. Building castles in the middle of the fight and stuff.

And this fucker right here. Sniping my university and houses. Not sure he even had vision. Fucking bandits.

So we stoppin ? I thought we'd get more people, but I guess this is still something.
Also a complaint about the map: for some reason my stone was surrounded by gold so it took a while to clear it for mining, thus got castles later. Middle bases were fine but bandits got those.
Also grey appears to be less engaged with the bandits and perform a bit better, or is it just me ?

i'll probably mess with it tomorrow
if i'm really energetic, i'll try and make it possible to pic your kingdom ingame
bandits are a bit closer to swadia, since swadia usually outperforms everyone unless bandits are there

The bandits are too strong. Just disable them building anything but barracks any archery rangers.

they're really not that strong
you have 50 minutes to beat them before they actually become a problem
and even then, you can easily stop them if you just put a few troops/buildings over their spawn point, and then they won't be able to spawn new troops
we've already beaten the bandits twice, they're really not that big of an issue

Calling it now:
We remade Sarah Kerrigan to be a strong independent psychic girl that don't need no Raynor and edited her dialogue to support female gamers.

We remade Raynor to be a cuck.

We fucked up the gameplay speed somehow due to the new engine. It's now much slower.

You can now set rally points on resources and harvesters will work them.

DLC Skins for your units and buildings

I remember a few RTS games got released in 2015 and 2016, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were called or what they were about. Is it bad I don't remember or were they just that bad and forgettable?

Of course
Fucking hell Achmed, don't try to use wrecked tanks as stunt ramps

Those are both game types in Wargame, you know. The first is Conquest, the second is Destruction. People just tended to play Destruction more.

Post-2003 Blizzard was a mistake.
Press R to regret casualization.

Honestly, I would love the line of sight and range feature of Steel Division in Wargame. It's so fucking useful.
I would also love a smaller scale Wargame like game, where you don't have to worry about shit that happens three kilometers away.
Other than that I 100% agree.

Well anons, just finally tried Act of Aggression. I can see why it failed honestly.
UI is surprisingly clunky as shit, unit and building upgrades are a complete clusterfuck and the resource system while good on paper really makes the Chimera faction unplayable

Remember to sign into open DoW3 beta and don't trust random anons on internet.

I'm still not hyped for its stupid only MP game mode.

Very good premise but

First King Tiger "death" was from mortar shell into command turret.

Mortar shell into back radiator can disable a WWII tank easily.

Light Cavalry makes some kind of sense. Literally nothing but food needed to produce.

Not on a sea map.

Why do these people hate fun?

Commando missions are fucking lazy and it's time for these faggots to stop making these.

They very much are. Remember even a dev from Twisted Insurrection actually came on and apologized for them once, noting they were just not enjoyable to play.

Yeah but that's not what happens like in say, Man of War.
In this is just getting shot at fill a panic gauge (the more so the less veteran there are, and big units are mostly noobs or really really expensive), so if someone is pushing with some regular inf and a bit of support (like a mortar or an early AT gun like 37 or 50mm) on a tank, the shell will bounce off the tanks, but the panic gauge still fill. and if the unit panic when there is some other enemy unit nearby they might surrender instead of auto-retreat, especially if some infantry passed by them (since they have shit vision) and is now behind them.

So basically you can end up with a pack of 130-170pts tank getting rushed by a pack basic infantry (15pts) and a mortar or light gun (50pts), and instead of getting murdered it's the infantry that win, because you guys surrender.

Again if it was AT infantry, it's normal to get panzershrecked from the sides, etc… but the whole new panic mechanic is a very bad addition to the mix.
And before:
Sure but it defeat the whole concept of specialized decks if you have to always mix up your units, because you will never have the points/cards to make tanks groups AND infantry.
And if that's the case why make anything else?

bump

That's actually a fairly good point and explains what I was thinking at the back of my mind when looking at the game. There was already retarded shit like 37mm AT Guns one shotting Tiger II's from the front in videos I've seen, that panic gauge really does seem abuseable.

Anybody played northgard?

Is it shit?

could be good

Got a link there user? Do they mention direct control mode?

whats wrong with it is 40kfags are intent on being unhappy with everything and theyre trying to drag everyone else in to it by using buzzwords to invoke emotion in people that really dont care as much