Instances where you KEPT your money and you were proud of it

instances where you KEPT your money and you were proud of it.

I didn't back Yooka-laylee or Mighty number 9.

Hard mode: non-kickstarter games

I fucking bought the first Watch Dogs.
I'm so fucking retarded. Kill me.

I didn't buy Evil Within for $25 two weeks after its release.

With every single failure, my smugness only grows.

Had several friends that really wanted me to get for honor after playing the beta. Thought it was kinda shit and passed on it, game dies like 2 weeks after launch.

I didn't buy any games from 2011 - 2015 and instead saved all my money

haven't spent a dime on my PC in 5 years.

I was in the same boat until I got sick of waiting for a crack and bought Total WaWa at a discount.

I narrowly avoided getting swept up by MGSV hype. I'm glad I dodged that bullet, but I can't help but still feel disappointed. Felling the pain from a sequel that we never got. Does this mean it's the real Phantom Pain?

wew

Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2.

Everyone around me was hyped as fuck to see their childhood games make a grand comeback. StarCraft 2 was an easy one to dodge, since I'm terrible at micromanaging and everybody hated me for it. Diablo 3 was much harder, since it was THE game for everyone. I think I only dodged it because I knew that jew Kotick was up to no good.

Also Final Fantasy XV.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age really put me off from the previews so I never bothered.

My brother bought the deluxe edition or whatever collector's edition is called.
he was disappointed, and I never played it. I only played like an hour of his game on a new file and I was bored after thirty minutes. The combat is just a poor man's kingdom hearts and the open world is just aboring sandbox with fedex quests

wow you deserve to die.

Niptendo Switch.

steven gooniverse fan detected

Now this is low energy

Anything on Steam.

might as well be exclusive

most of those games on the right can be played on PC. You did good by not paying my /scurv/ friend.

Consoles themselves are DRM in hardware form, on top of having software DRM. If it's the lesser of two evils, I'll take Denuvo over consoles.

holy shit I'm dying

Wow you have to pay for it, just like in the PS4! PCs are just shitty consoles after all :^)

Who is they?

Nigga, have you seen how Denuvo is cracked nowadays ? If it's not Windows Store only, then it's just a matter of time.

After the disappointment I got from DA 2 I decided to wait to buy Inquisition. One of the best decisions I took in my life

and yet, they still can't run console games despite them being literally designed for 2012 tier laptop hardware

are there people on Holla Forums who preordered mass effect androgyny ?

Every few years everyone and their brother is surprised I haven't bought a console, but after dodging the Bloodborne Machine and Wii U/Switch I'm more than happy with my decision to never move past the Gamecube.

Nu-com when it was on a sale

I wish this meme would die.

Quantum Leap runs at 720p and 30fps on xbox.

you should be asking why a GPU that costs as much as an xbone can't even keep up

Alright i think we have derailed the thread enough now

why would anyone care how Quantum fucking Break benchmarks? It's Quantum Break, nobody played it

bloodborne is excellent though. Id buy a used old PS4 just for bloodborne.

PC can't handle video files? Nier Automata seems to indicate this is true.

vehicles that don't exist have insurance?
Do pixels have a shelf life?

1080p is more than double the resolution of 720p.

something similar happened to me with Overwatch, i´m not saying the game is bad, but all of my friends that buyed a copy in day one are now dropping it.

When will you dumb niggers learn to NOT take the bait?

and yet, $250 gpu

Hyperdimension Neptunia, Senran Kagura, and any game with Bink Video would like to have a word with you good sir.

Overwatch. I'm not playing casual trash so rife with infighting, that your own team shit talks you more than the enemy. My fiance even bought it for me, though I can't run it on my toaster computer. Dodged one there, I can't wait for it to be the first blizzard game that dies quick.

It can do it better than the PS4 :^)

How is it not?

nothing like the most heavily compressed video codec to prove "i-i-it can do it too!"

it won't be the first because Heroes of the Storm beat it there.

nier automata cutscenes don't stutter and run at a low framerate on console, pc exclusive issue, address it

Codec problems?

The switch. No free online no buy.

Last I checked, Hyperdimension Neptunia used WMV, and Senran Kagura uses USM Game video. They aren't as bad as Bink.

For all that Final Fantasy VII, it's convenient to forget about the PC ports, emulation aside.

Didn't it get two ports?

It does, you just don't notice because the gameplay always stutters :^)

Bioware games, I'm so happy I haven't

Any big AAA shooter.

There usually is a beta or free weekend , like with overwatch.

I'll play non stop over the weekend get my fill and then move on.

Ubisoft had back to back betas and free weekends with seige, for honour and wildlands.

I didn't end up binging on them, which shows how fucking tedious those games are

I wish I could forget this but at least the leaked CON logs proves that Holla Forums was right about everything with it and GG. I'll make sure history never forgets that.

Hence why I always tell people that whenever an employee comes out as a Marxist they can safely dismiss the game as irredeemable trash. Usually by the time they feel confident enough to out themselves they've already thoroughly corrupted the company environment and design process and are now moving towards poisoning relations with fans and prospective buyers.

There's something about Blizzard that tickles people's retarded level of needing to belong. Something about them is built around being the game that "all your friends play," and they refuse to play anything else until something else catches their attention.

it's because they spend millions, maybe even billions, paying off e-celebs to make everyone think all their fake friends play it so they have to as well.

While the same happens to me, I have atleast enough common sense not to pay for anything.

EX: Hearthstone, dropped it after just a few of it's expansions.

This. I just want old mega man or mega man X style. Not the high score/speed run game as they were advertised so I nary give a damn about it. When it turned out to be shit (I did not even know about the drama), nary a damn was given, but it felt nice that I did not waste any dosh.

I'm memeing this vernacular into fashion

I bought neither fallout 4 or skyrim. Come to think of it, I haven't bought any bethesda games.
Real talk though if some shmuck decided to try and make a red dwarf or megas XLR game I would be real fuckin' tempted to consider backing it.

Similar situation, that turd was one of the most acute marketing blitzes I've seen in my lifetime.

As an idiot that regularly spends all of his paychecks on random bullshit I can proudly say I never bought Undertale

Probably for not putting down money on Elite/Star Citizen. Ended up donating to SE instead. Spacebase DF-9 is up there too, bad when an alpha is better than the finished product. Finding out how far gone Mr. Shitface was is just icing. Haven't bought a Bethesda game after Oblivion and didn't fall for Dishonored thinking it would scratch the sneak thief itch.

Just about everyday when I play vidya, arrrrrg.

that's a real 10/10 picture

Didn't buy No Man's Sky. Looks like I didn't miss out on much.

Mirror's edge catalyst.

undertale was a decent game, shit fanbase aside

My entire steam filter and Rage. I am glad that I didn't listen to my friend in that case and didn't preorder that stinker.

Didn't buy Daikatana, Deus Ex 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Op Flashpoint 2, Sim City 5, X4 (or whatever the fuck it was called), Diablo 3.
Luckily my consumer choices led to much better games being made instead… right guys?

Ive only bought from software titles, fire emblem titles, mainline pokemon games and overwatch so ive avoided wasting money.

Overwatch is an alright game. The community has grown cancerous cus of lol faggots but most of the problems with hitboxes, i feel at least, are fixed. 8 outta 10 is worth the money imo. Im sure somebody heres gonna give me shit but hey ive got my moneys worth out of it and still more time left to invest. I understand if you dont since it was launched as a mess, unbalanced, lacking in basic features, along with fucking retarded competitive mechanics. But it was a one time payment and i havent spent a cent on the gay ass loot boxes. Fucking kike pos aint trapping me with buying skins cus lol you look cool if different hur hur.

Also glad I didn't buy a Switch. The girl I'm seeing has one and it's not very comfortable and most of the games don't seem great. The main thing she's been playing on it is Shovel Knight which is on every platform under the sun anyway.

Never backed any Kickstarter games or bought Mass Effect: Andromeda. I also didn't buy a Switch like the rest of the gullible retards on this board.

One of my friends tried to convince me to buy wildlands, pretty glad I didn't. although I did buy the latest tomb raider and just cause 3 for 70 bucks for both, like a week before tomb raider got cracked., will regret it for the rest of my life.

The Neptunia series. The premise had always interested me, and the girls were either really cute or smoking hot, so it was hard not to think with my dick. Glad I didn't, though, because when I finally got around to pirating it, I found one of the worst balanced RPGs this side of Agarest War, and surprise, surprise, both series are from the same dev. They seriously expect you to level from around 6 to 30 before fighting the first boss, and each level takes about half an hour of grinding because enemies give so little EXP. Even enabling a function to weaken enemies won't balance the game properly, so you still end up grinding for ages any time a boss is going to be involved. Sorry, but if an RPG isn't balanced so that killing everything between you and the boss is enough, the game is shit. The game's culturalization didn't help anything, either, especially when I speak moon and can clearly see that what's in the dialogue box usually has only a passing resemblance to what the girls are saying.
I've also never backed a kickstarter.

If you knew game is shit and didn't buy it you're not supposed to get any special feeling from it, it's common sense god dammit.
It's when you think game is good and you want it but something feels off and you decide to not buy it and then it turns out it was shit THEN you gotta post ITT.
Jesus christh.

Here, have an example.

If you feel smug watching flies eating shit you got issues.

I feel smug watching idiots buy shit thinking it's a gourmet meal and then getting angry.

As someone who played WoW in the heyday and quit when WotLK ended, they fucked everything up past that point. There was some janky stuff before that occasionally, but WoTLK was the capper, and they should have just stopped there. Instead their greed got the best of them.

They probably tried to ruin WotLK the least because it was their magnum opus and that's why you still got enjoyment out of it. Granted I haven't payed attention to WoW news since i quit playing, so I could just be talking out of my ass here.

Not being a retard is not a reason to be proud

Pirating Crusader Kings 2

Never had so much fun with grand strat before

This entire fucking thread

==(Hellish Checked)==

Same for me, except it was with Alpha Centarui and Europa Universalis III.

feels pretty damn good actually.