Xbox Scorpio Specs reveal

ITS ALL FUCKING TRASH

[Removed direct link, webm here]:

Talk me through it, nerd. What's different compared to the ps pro?

damn, pc can't even compete.

At least post a summary OP.

this

This thread deserves to be saged until OP stops being a lazy nigger.

More powerful than the PS4pro, but still not crazy. Still based around the 480. Might actually be able to play games at 4k instead of 1800p with checker boarding like a lot of PS4pro games have to do.

But most importantly: It's an xbone, you were never going to buy one anyway. None of this matters.

It doesn't matter if it's better than the best gay man PC out there. It's a Boner and I won't get one.

Most interesting thing is they've customised the GPU to reduce overhead for games using DX12 turning 'thousands of draw calls' down to double digits. Forza apparently runs at [email protected]/* */ with GPU usage around 65%.

Faggot

Just too bad that it's still an xboners.

Forza is trash

This thread does not deserve to see the light of day.

Still interesting if their claim of "never losing your library again" comes true with this shit. I'd be interested if they make the Xbox a parallel product to the PC, basically what a steam box is.

I hear Forza has a 60fps goal, but native 4k at 60fps is genuinely impressive, especially since in the Eurogamer article I'm reading that apparently it took 2 days to create that port and apparently its moving ahead of schedule.

Well they should just get rid of the Xbox brand and work with Valve. Kinda like they're doing with Samsung.

It's basically Microsoft's answer to the PS4Pro, and not an entirely new console. It's XboxOnePro

Eurogamer comparison between Scorpio, Xbox one and PS4 Pro for whatever it's worth.

Okay, so Microsoft is building the most powerful console on the market. Unfortunately, it's still a Microsoft console and as such holds no interest to me.

Personally, having experienced owning an early model Xbox 360, I'd have extreme concerns about how they're cooling their SoC while they've bumped the core GPU clock to 1172Mhz and CPU to 2.3Ghz. He can talk up the fancy vapor chamber cooler by comparing it to the GTX 1080 Ti, but it means something quite a lot different in a console case rather than a PC case. If this thing starts warping motherboards again, they might as well shut down their console division.

Also, this entire video smacks of unabashed shilling. He just pours praise on this thing six ways from Sunday. I bet MS paid for his trip out there, wined and dined him, along with that souvenir Scorpio SoC they gave him. I don't find his opinion particularly credible as a result.

What is the point of a console that literally has no games?

Either the Scorpio was an impressive piece of tech, or he did get the MS treatment like you said, arent large companies known for that?

Even then though if MS does solve their hardware problems, theres one important one left, the games. There's a lot of basic shooters on Xbone, nothing else different or special really.

not OP, but
it sounds to me like their optimization changes were either fixes to retarded decisions made previously for the most part. Things like 'oh we have a cache big enough to actually use now'. none of it will fix the fact that the bone is incredibly underpowered.

This literally sounds like Xbox's Dreamcast but with no games to look forward to.

This will be at the very least $500 and if its higher nobody will buy this shit.

The cuckstation and cuckbox brands have proven over their existence that good hardware does not equal good games demonstrated byvtgeir lack of good games. Who the fuck actually cares about the hardware? If all I want is eye candy Ill play on my PC. Anyone who buys Sonybor MS consoles instead of just making a PC is retarded

LOL

All I want is for Microsoft to push devs to implement a high fps mode for Scorpio. FPS > Resolution. That's where the pro dropped flat for me. A large majority of the "better with pro" games are still fucking capped at 30.

Do exactly like the dreamcast?

Would it even be hard for the Scorpio to have something like the Pro's "Boost mode", except actually have it work? They kept on stressing that games running at 900p on Xbone should handle 4k easily, though they said the same shit about the PS4 originally.

Shouldn't you be masturbating to lesbian Dragon on Human Japanese animated bestiality?

What exactly is the perceived benefit of buying a console these days? How does Microsoft still have a market?

Here are reasons previously cited as to why people preferred gaming on a console:
no hard drive installation time
no incessant patches
no tiered graphical fidelity settings
can connect it straight to the tv unlike a pc
prefer to use x gaming controller
don't have to buy a new one every few years

What exactly is the reason these things still exist? They are shitty overpriced PCs with less functionality and paywalled online functionality. Who buys them? They can't even use the muh exclusives excuse any more because the xbone doesn't have any.

Normalfags
Having a console is just as common as having a Tv or a mobile phone nowadays.

It's all up to the devs. They have to release updates to unlock and optimize it for 60fps. But devs have no incentive to do it. Such a shame. Maybe M$ can offer pay incentives to devs?

But seriously, unless they get more exclusives, it's useless, reminder that both the PS2 and the Wii had the weakest hardware in their respective generations, but still sold the most consoles and with the PS2(I do not know about the Wii) had the most exclusives.

But it's just a mirror of the video OP had.

How new are you?

I don't think they'll launch at $500. If they have to, they'll take a loss to get to $400. Their market position and consumer perception won't sustain a $500 launch, even accounting for normalfags and brand loyalists. And the elapsed time since the PS4 Pro launch should allow better chip yields and lower component prices, making $400 feasible. If they put it out at $500 they would incur more costs of warehousing unsold units than if they'd just taken the hit in the first place to get units in consumer hands, and they'd wind up cutting the price within 6 months anyway.

imgur.com/YWReVsL
Back to reddit you go.

muh sekrit klub

Normalfags don't buy 500 dollar consoles. Ask Sony.

The Scorpio is for the hardcore gamer. Most of them switched to Playstation though.

I just hope it has full 360 and xbox original compatibility with no bullshit always online requirements. Still waiting for the day they completely do away with the disc drive so I can stay on PC for good.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
We don't want your kind here, fuckoff

Surely you mean "hardcore" gaymer, right?

doesn't steam already technically do that?

Are you retarded?
They'll play shit sporadically and they'll stop playing a game forever after one week

I only play weebshit these days. So a 400 dollar box that plays weebshit for 5-10 years is a good fit for me. Graphics don't mean much to me.

Your mileage may vary, everyone is different.

It does, but I can also save clones of my hard drive and patch games so they don't need steam. As well as pirate them if I needed to. Being able to run your own code on your own system is one of the biggest differences between a console and a pc.

Not with most of the games we play together. I am getting tired of it though as we barely play anymore thanks to my job.

The fuck are you on about?

Normalfags buy slight upgrades of phone hardware every year for several hundred bucks when they could get an outdated laptop with superior power and the same functionality for $90.
Spending $400 on a console every six or so years doesn't seem that irrational to them.

This, anons, is an example of cancer.

The "hardcore gamer" that bought the Xbox One Elite controller, right? I'm sure those flew off shelves.

Oh! That's it. That's exactly it. They'll pack that thing in as the standard controller and charge $500. Two birds with one stone.

Except even current gen consoles are not like that. They moment that starts happening I'm done on console.

I don't like it, but I do enjoy having friends considering I barely have any irl.

So you're a casual?

The kike who changed the OP watches pic related.

Bullshit
What do you play withg them?
CoD and FIFA?

But it is, normalfags keep buying this shit and publishers will keep pushing this.
Are you saying a fucking upgrade midgen isn't cancer enough?

That's the same argument used against the PC though. Slight upgrades every few years.

And besides, new consoles are now coming every 3 years.

No, they don't. They get "free upgrades" from their service provider every two years. Ask people how much their phone cost. 95% of the time they'll say it was free, or a very slight upgrade fee, because it's subsidized by their monthly contract rate. Which they are too stupid to realize.

Destiny for about 2 years. GTA. The Division. And whatever meme game I have interest in that they're also playing. Its just comfy as they are all kinda Holla Forumsish.

They where pushing less than this through the past 3 cycles with different colored consoles that didn't do shit better at full price. We had a 360 and ps3 slim that didn't do anything better but was just smaller. At least these 4 year updates finally bring better hardware.

But I am with you user. If the cycle increases and its a marginal gain for ridiculous prices every year like an iphone I am done.

Please stop parroting this bullshit. Normalfags get upgrades on contract every two years and aren't buying their phones. Only a small percentage of people that buy phones upgrade every year.

No, low wage people don't have such benefits and you'll see them with a new iPhone every years in Burgerland, that includes Hoodrat niggers.

Why are you still here?

No games and the ones that already exist are inferior to the playstation version. I'll stick with my pc. If this was a brand new console with a decent lineup of exclusives plus backwards compatibility and not just an incremental hardware upgrade, it would be worth looking at. Too bad.

Fuck man, I remember when this board wasn't full of retards.

What a boring as shit elmer-fudd-sounding cunt.

They were already getting destroyed in their core demographic, which is definitely not liver-spot having motherfuckers, yet they use one to reveal this?! Even if I wanted one, I would not buy it on principle, because this was such a fucking bad move, and only a studio led by an incompetent clown would ever sign off on such a ridiculous proposition.

Is there ANY shit MS cannot just fuck up?

heh, and what is that spacing called?

I like being able to say faggot and not have my freedom of speech oppressed like I do on every other website.

Was it a lower price? I don't remember them being so right off the bat. Then again the 360 was in a perpetual sale leading up to and after the xbone.

Now what the fuck are you on about here? Yes, the hardware was optimized, but the main specs remained the same. Only form factor and heating changed. If anything the later PS3s had less features thanks to other os and PS2 native compatibility being removed.

Part of it looks impressive, but with the custom hardware, it's going to be expensive. That's always an issue with custom hardware, since you're not taking any off the shelf parts that is readily available. Microsoft is must be paying big bucks to AMD and their foundries to be able to produce custom chips.

I get the feeling Microsoft is going to do what they did with the X-Box 360 and sell the system at a loss and charge big fees to the developers to develop for the system.

Fuck off you faggot, you should have webm'd it in the first place you lazy prick.

Like I said here
Sell at a loss, make it up with developer fees.

You're whole thread sucks. Have some dubs.

Alright, now I know your baiting. And this is coming from someone who will gladly tell you he bought ME: Austism.

DigitalFoundry is largely respected, particularly by normalfags, as the gold standard of unbiased information on hardware specifically.

That said, the fuckers have lost all credibility the last few months. Six months ago if a console game got 58 fps when moving full speed, they'd shit all over it for not having a flawless framerate. Now they're praising the Switch for barely managing 25 fps at times.

They were pretty shitty over the PS4 Pro as well, but lately they've been praising it more and more, and now they have nothing but good to say about the Scorpio.

I'm pretty sure they're just bought and paid for now.

wow.

You unironically need to kill yourself

(((Microsoft))) game DigitalFoundry a Scorpio chip encased, it's pretty obvious that they are bought out if Microsoft gifted them a chip.

Welfare queens are another story. They blatantly exploit the system to get free food, health care, cash assistance, etc. so they can use their under the table income and/or dope slangin' money on luxuries rather than necessities.

I don't really believe it's vastly customized, because it would defeat the cost-reducing purpose of the switch to fairly standard x86 CPUs. I think they're using essentially an early Ryzen APU, and taking credit for the performance benefits by claiming a bunch of "customizations" because it's good marketing for the Xbox brand. We won't know for sure until desktop APUs are out and can be compared directly, but I would be shocked if there isn't a model that mirrors this configuration.

Why does it matter if its unironic?

Spacing by a fucking Redditor
No problem mate, you just need to come out like the faggot you are and all the SJW scum will let you do anything you like.
Yes you nigger, they released the PissPoorSlim at a lower price with the Bro.
The Bro is selling better, ensuring that this hobby gets even worse thanks to retarde shit eating faggots such as yourself.
ITS A FUCKING UPGRADE MIDGEN KILLING THE MAIN PURPOSE OF A LOCKED DOWN GAMING SYSTEM, HOW IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

I wasn't home at the time
I posted this thread from a phone
But yeah, you're right

Nice singles

Go back to cuckchan this board actually has used to have standarts.

I've known low wage normalfag scum that would eat shit tier supermarket soup everyday so they could buy an expensive as fuck car and an iPHone every years.
Shits fucked man, Cyberpunk is reality.

>>>/back/

Those specs are actually pretty good. Only question now is whether or not it will be too expensive.

Looks like it's got good specs. The fact that they're waiting so long makes me wonder if they're actually going to have a good release. They might be waiting for a handful of exclusives to have people actually buy the console this time. Then again, this is Microsoft, so they're not going to do any of it and release it DOA.
Embracing directx 12 seems like a bad move, too, since no developer actually wants to use it, and games which do use it have little graphical improvement over the alternatives.
I'm guessing it's probably going to be expensive as all fuck, too, so unless it has good games, nobody's going to buy it

When a video starts with a uninspired faggot tooting his horn about shit, it's off to a shit start.

How much was he paid to say such shit?

That DX hardware seems to be the real powerhouse here. The Scorpio seems to be just more impressive leaps un streamlining otherwise unremarkable hardware. Seems to be a fucking reoccurring theme this generation

Not much compared to what they're paid by Sony I'll tell you that much

Its garbage

heh, thank you mark

You're a nigger I was talking about the 360 and ps4. The 360 slim was 50 dollars less than the 360 Pro price at 250. The PS4 slim is a 150 dollar price difference from the Pro. Of course it sold better. If you can't figure out you need to save for one more week's paycheck to get supremely better specs than you're a retard not fit for even the peanbutter pathfinder.

You so mad that you confused yourself my man. That's not even part of the argument I was talking about. We where referencing the difference in hardware between slims and regular systems which there are not in terms of specs, but are in form factor and cooling.

You lost the game bro, you got counter-trolled. Deal with it.

woops meant ps3 slim.

thanks doc

When compared to a PC? Sure

When compared to other consoles it's actually pretty impressive. Hopefully it will push developers into making games that aren't aimed at ancient hardware

The Bro sold more than the Slim you nigger
There are no differences between the Slim versions besides hardware revisions and component changes to lower production costs, thats a good thing unlike a fucking version with better fucking hardware in a space of 3 years.
Go back to sucking tranny alien cock in Andromeda cuc­khold
>>>/cuckchan/

Too bad it needs to run on a Bone as well and there won't be any exclusives for it.
MOST POWERFUL NO GAEMS MACHINE CONSOLE EVER THOUGHT
This whole fucking Gen is a joke

I said that.

That is hashtag literally what I said.

Why? In the same breath is it also bad when they come out with new graphics cards every three years as well?

I don't like the shreksari. It's peanutbutter or bust.

I got you really mad didn't I? Still confused I see.

Wait, so Scorpio games have to run on the Bone as well? I thought this was supposed to be a clean break.

JESUS FUCK

I'm kind of surprised by the positive attitude of the people from DigitalFoundry towards a Microsoft product.

By "normalfags" you mean Sonyggers? They've been shilling the PS4 Pro for months.

Yes
You thought wrong, the fanbase thats left would cease to exist if that happened.
And there are people still defending this blatant upgrades.

The positivity is why this stinks of paid shilling.

Pretty much
Literally all their videos are PS4/Pro comparisons paid directly by Sony.

Huh, I guess that makes the whole thing pointless then

what is this thred

sorry. I am really good at riling up some parts of Holla Forums while wasted.

desprate times call for despatere missions

Am I a casual? Probably. I kinda hate the games industry and the gaming community. I'd rather go through some 10 year old VN than play any of the triple A stuff that comes out today. And I've always hated online gaming.

Holla Forums is still a great place to shit post though, can't give that up.

DF is mainstream gaming media. Only enter with ad blocking.

Yeah they're part of Eurogamer.

500US my guess and good on them for making something with some power. Since games are mostly shit these days, the only thing I am interested in is how much noise and heat will be apparent purely out of design curiosity. It would pretty much have to have b/c with 360 discs before it would be worth it during the decent games drought.

That's some pretty crazy hardware, especially the DX12 optimization look at them eeking out more than 2x the performance of the PS4 Pro on less than 1.5x the raw power.

As far as general consumers will go this is the best console to game on, most consumers don't buy a PS4 for it's exclusives they buy it for the big multiplats, now that the Xbox Scorpio is the best place to play these for a majority of consumers I'd say this gives Microsoft a slight edge, of course this edge will mean nothing when it's $500+ and consumers just go with the cheaper alternative. PS4/Pro.

Hardware implementation of DirectX 12 sounds like an ASIC. Huge performance increase by using specialized hardware instead of software running on general purpose hardware.

Pretty funny that the GPU was an ASIC to take graphics generation away from the CPU and now the task of communicating between the CPU and GPU needs another thing…

Yeah, look at bitcoin mining, and you'll see that there's a 10x-100x jump in performance for the same code with each jump in implementation technology up the hierarchy of CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC.

Open GL 1.x called and wants its FFP back.

I know about Obamaphones, but when they have iPhones they're paying $70-80/mo for $20 of dataplan – they don't know that they put their $500 phone on a $900 installment payment plan.

WHERE ARE THE GAMES??

Well no one uses Windows store to the point where Spencer said they were having a Rethink about how they approach it and also said they are going to ship some 1st party games games only on PC (I bet they have an AOE4 in dev) and some games will only be on Xbone/Scorpio so they are pulling back on it a bit for "Play Anywhere" be more based around 3rd parties and indies.

Actually DF did a second video on it from what MS told them. Every Xbone game and 360 BC game before the window has it's own profile and gets specific optimisations like V-Sync enabled and 16xAF. If a game is still being updated or the dev wants to do an update to test it out, then the dev can get the profile from MS and work it into a Scorpio profile and boost the resolution and FPS. It's interesting as fuck.

Shame it's an xbone because they are actually doing really fucking interesting shit with the hardware to make it an actual console instead of stuffing stock PC hardware in and calling it a day. I mean, even the Switch is just a shit Stock Maxwell TegraX1 these days.

WTF I love microsoft now

Nice try, faggot.

Wow what a faggot.

ftfy

But yeah, Xbone is easily the worst offender, it has what, 2-3 exclusives, all of them shit?

>to reduce instruction calls they put DX12 on the fucking GPU
Looks like they've made their leap in a smart way & it's going to BTFO what Sony's offering for 4K.

I'd never buy one of these "high-end" PC-wannabe consoles, but within the context of that market this is a good offering. Just needs exclusives which it's probably not going to get given all the DX12 games on XB1 that came to PC.

If it wasn't for the "No games and everything is on PC" it probably would have been a resurrection for the Xbox. Even with a good PC. I can't really shit on that design. It's really, really good. The way they did it was like the old Nintendo design philosophy of designing hardware around the software (They took the major 3rd party engines like UE4, Unity, Frostbite and analyzed them along with their own internal Forzatech engine to come up with solutions to their problems) than brute forcing hardware and having software design around it.

It's shockingly elegant and forward thinking for MS and if the additional HW they are using like the DX12 compiler works, that's going to be good for the future of CPU when AMD/Intel can build CPU's with that tech that supports Vulkan as well.

It's fascinating as fuck.

I'd disagree, the overwhelming majority of top selling games on PS4/Xbox One are multiplats, your average consumer the biggest demographic of people who buy games don't buy consoles for first party, they buy them for their third party, it's all in the numbers.

I don't see Xbox Scorpio making a difference, the PS4 is already too far ahead, consumers already have one, they have an subscription they have a library, few will jump over to Scorpio. I don't think your average consumer will care if that Microsoft exclusive is also available on a PC.

Also this is a pretty good 8.5 gen bump, if I didn't play on PC I'd consider buying a Scorpio, although I'm actually interested in the Halo collection, Gears 4, Sea of Thieves and the new Crackdown.

Cuny

Xbone/Scorpio emulation when?

I will be the first one to meme this shit: Scorpio will burn.
LITERALLY!

Apparently they use new types of cooling. This will be interesting…

5/10 meme, good idea, execution needs work

regular plates didn't look enough like Xbox, they look more like chinese depression.

Aside from modern day Nintendo, pretty much every new console announced is the most powerful console on the market. The Dreamcast was at one time the most powerful console ever created. Then the PS2 was the most powerful console ever created. Then the Xbox was the most powerful console ever created. And since the vast majority of the time, it's not the strongest hardware that leads in sales - and considering it usually takes 2~3 years for "the latest and greatest" consoles build even a mildly respectable install base… why does this claim function in any capacity as an actual selling point? Literally nobody fucking cares outside of fanboy flamewars.

The DC shipped years before other 6th-gen systems, and by the time the PS2 neared release, reasonably accurate specs for the Xbox & GCN were widely circulated. Much the same had happened in the 5th gen, when the Saturn & PSX launched almost on top of each other, in advance of the N64's clearly forecast tech lead. And in the case of the 8th gen, the PS4 & XBOne launched almost simultaneously, with the PS4 obviously less underpowered.

It's as legitimate a claim as ever, especially since Sony obviously isn't going to do another hardware upgrade.

The Dreamcast launched in Sept of '99, the PS2 in Oct of 2000. The Xbox in Nov of '01. They weren't that far apart, and in either case, the PS2 still trounced the Xbox and NGC in sales despite having the weaker hardware - as is par for the course.

And honestly, the Xbox One had a hell of an advantage going into 2013 in regards to games. If they hadn't come out on stage at E3 and basically shot themselves in the head with always online/no game trading/kinect physical spyware/FOOTBALL!/TVshit and other assorted nonsense - the landscape would look quite different. It'd certainly be a much closer race, if not an advantage for Xbox were they able to re-invest in securing Japanese development instead of having to focus on completely unfucking/rebranding their console.

Whether they plan it, or it's just serendipity, Sony are fairly adept at letting the competition come out on stage and selling the Playstation brand for them.

Yeah, though it can come down to a war of attrition as well. Like when the 7th gen dragged on way longer than normal, causing the Wii fad to peter out, and the PS3 to sink enough in price to somewhat make up for its weak early years.

Here is how it really went down.
Dreamcast was too easy to pirate on spooking merchants
Gamecube was too hard to pirate on scaring away pirate who just buy systems and ultimately help pad out the units sold, more units sold more merchant attention
Xbox was pirateable but backed by Microsoft who was able to gain the merchants trust by being one of them
PS2 was able to pirated but required some work/investment from the pirates and sony made the them break helping to pad the numbers out

"Next Gen"
Mircorosft steals sony's idea and makes the 360 intentionally break helping to pad their numbers like crazy
Wii cost $250 and as a result sells a shit load of systems thanks to basic supply and demand but ultimately suffers from not being backed by a company that appeals to the merchants like Microsoft
PS4 is too expensive and has a propriety format scaring away the merchants

"Next Gen"
Wii U was $49 to expensive to sell the same number of units as the Wii did thanks to basic supply and demand
Xbone is barely coasting on the Call of Duty children
PS4 is barely costing on Japanese nationalism

The GBA had less power than the PS2
The DS and the PSP (I think) has less power than the Wii

Unfortuantally the PS4 is selling well

Go home Holla Forums, you're drunk.

Correcting for the fact the handheld market is largely separate, that's still so I guess. The GB/GBC/GBA was insanely outdated and primitive compared to legions of competing platforms before and during its undisputed reign. Then the somewhat weaker DS beat the PSP, though that may have had more to do with piracy than price. Now of course the 3DS/Vita curbstomp, which I'm a bit fuzzy as to whether it was price or brand inertia.

There's exactly one interesting aspect of the specs we got: No mention of double rate FP16.
While I fully expect Scorpio to support double rate FP16, there is still the possibility that Sony will keep the special olympics gold medal for the most powerful console. 8.4 Tflops under certain special workloads is faster than 6 Tflops.

Marketing is commonly divorced from practical reality. You might even say that's its entire purpose.

Same architectures (Polaris) so it's pretty much 99% happening. The main difference between the Pro and Scorpio seems to be Microsoft has opted to heavily customise both the CPU and GPU compared to Sony leaving it mostly stock with small optimisations on their polaris GPU (Mostly just the same as the base PS4) so I wouldn't be surprised at they have double rate FP16. Though really it's only useful for some screen space or lighting effects like SSAO. The image degradation isn't worth creating an image buffer with unless it's something like Switch where it wouldn't be noticeable on a portable screen but to get to 4k? God no. The IQ would look like shit at that resolution.

Also, Scorpio will now be the best place to play Kingdom Hearts 3 for now assuming KH3 comes out in 2018. Who saw that coming?

While I'm with you on the 99%, that's just a fucking boring base for speculation, so let's pretend the 1% chance wins. Would a machine that's much better at FP16, but a little slower in about everything else produce a distinctly different look? Or would it be the same "invisible without a magnifying glass" difference we've seen between Xbone and PS4, as the difference in normal code is almost exactly the same, just with switched roles?

PS4 Pro might have some added screen space effects and light scattering if there's no double buffer FP16 but the problem is that if it's running low at checkerboard (And a lot of it is used for games with distance rendering. Horizon Zero Dawn is a really good example as the fog and SSAO in that game very much a FP16 effect) It's probably not going to be too discernable because it will be rather light. But most likely there's already an equivalent in the toolset that looks better on FP32 and devs will go around and maybe implement something that doesn't need FP16 and is better. PS4 Pro version using FP16 SSAO vs Scorpio version using FP 32 HBAO? That would be pretty significant.

Though it's probably not the feature that I would say would cause the biggest image quality leap. DF did another video today about that Forza port they took the screen from where they said that putting 4K Assets in only cost them 1% in performance even at max load because of the way they are set up in the RAM. That will be an even bigger quality differentiator than resolution.

It's a pity this is just an xbone refresh because if it was a brand new console. It would be considered smart and elegant, even for M$, because they clearly thought everything through of what went wrong with the xbone. Even the CPU they thought through heavily with instead of just upping the clock, going in to customise it and adding in hardware to assist it. Instead of a media center, they made a videogame console, it's probably going to play games great but you pay for online and there is no exclusives so what are you going to play anyway.

You almost had it, M$.

Sorry, but after years of M$ being the only one, first Sony and now Nintendo have caved into paid online. That battle is lost.

All we have left is to hope that Steam's userbase aren't big enough cucks to someday pay Valve a monthly fee.

Pic related if I could find the sound.

Would be more impressive if it could play 360 and bone games at higher internal resolutions than 1024 x 500

Wow, what a surprise texture res has basically no perf impact at all, considering it's working out of cache anyway. If only those things worked like real consoles and wouldn't waste gigabytes of RAM on the OS, you could have Scorpio level textures on PS4 pro as if the one gig of DDR RAM in the pro wasn't enough for a sensible OS, damn, the 256 megs in the standard PS4 should more than suffice for that purpose and a little more on Scorpio…
And now I'm ranting because "smart and elegant" is the one thing no console of the [CURRENT GEN] is. Well, at least downsampling 4k frontbuffers to 1080p on the system level instead of relying on devs to implement 1080p support themselves could be called "smart and elegant" but no way in hell does this justify wasting 4 fucking gigs of RAM on the OS.

They're not even pretending to sound sincere, are they?

Please do not do that to AZOOKA.

THIS ENTIRE THING IS FUCKING SHIT. It's the equivalent of the cheapest, nigger -tier "Gaming pc" you could imagine. Which would be fine, who cares, but all the fucking developers are going to now cater to this fucking cancer and it will impact games that MIGHT have been good now toned down (both in content and specs) to sepal to the fucking kiddies. Fucking consoles are ruining PC games, as the Jew tries to have it both ways and get his shekels from the same game out of both.

none of this matters. the PS4 pro doesnt even perform better than the regular ps4 on most games, and worse on some. when it's better its marginally better.
so what makes anyone think the xbone will be a different story?

i can name a few reasons one might want a ps4, but can anyone name a reason to buy a xbone? i cant even name a single game worth playing that isn't available on a better platform

both steam and the pc hardware market killed pc gaming user long before the ps4 even released.

nobody is going to cater to the xbone's new specs because nobody bought an xbone, so nobody is going to buy a more expensive xbone. the ps4 was alot more popular and hardly anyone bought the "pro" version. games dont run like shit on PC because theyre toned down, they run like shit on PC because its a waste of time and money to optimize a game for a wide variety of hardware and software to appease such a small piece of the market.
and before you argue that the PC market is bigger, the vast majority of the pc market is people that play farmville and candy crush, or play their 1 game like league/dota/tf2 while rarely playing (buying) anything else.

I dunno why 4chan has loads of soundless webms when webms with sound is an option in the settings and apparently has been for some time.

The whole video is all fine and good, except for the fact that DX12 is shit to begin with. Vid related.

I know.
t. brother owns a xbox

I really hate those consoletard news networks that show enough information for people to pretend they know things but not enough to actually tell you anything, digitalfoundry's graphical comparisons are specially bad because the little talking or captions they have are made by people who are completely new to all subjects being shown in the videos.

"pixel pipeline? tflops? whats that? tell me something useful like how much memory, clockspeed, and hdd space"

>>>/NeoGaf/
>>>/cuckchan/

nice argument. what triggered you user? did i insult one of your casual clickfest games? your shitty jew owned itunes for games? your tech illiteracy? or your poor console purchase?

>>>/NeoFag/
>>>/halfchan/
>>>/suicide/

whatever you say user.

>>>/back/ to EvilLore you go

user you proved you were tech illiterate on the first post so don't talk shit.

Reported for being a faggot.

how so? or are you too young to even remember a competitive market.