So now that we're well passed the April Fools cancer epidemic...

So now that we're well passed the April Fools cancer epidemic, has there ever been a good gaming related April Fools joke?

That released on April 30th, not April 1th.

It was announced on April Fool's Day. The joke was that it's real.

Do you have a lisp?

Your mother.

That's not a valid answer to his question, I'm afraid.

I thought the bollywood halo trailer was pretty funny

Better question, why have they not yet admitted defeat and made blunderborn F2P? At this point it's the only way they'll get any players.

League of Legends turned off all chat and replaced the enemy team names with 'Bot' of the appropriate character, and many people were fooled for a long time because players are so shit.

Bayonetta PC port has pretty much been confirmed with the release of an 8bit Parody on Steam and the game leading to an official website countdown.

I recall that after well over a year of nothing Dwarf Fortress updated on April 1st. Everyone thought it was a joke, but it was the real deal.

You'd think Randy would know by now that April 1st happens only once a year, yet he's still a joke the remaining 364 days. I admire the dedication, but there's a moment the joke has to stop.

Same as Rich and Morty, it's the best kind of April Fools.

There was also the Zelda one with Elijah Wood, both mimicking Zeldo and LotR.

Your meme show aired and I didn't get my Samurai.
Fuck you and people with taste as terrible as yours.

You mock the idea, but new EX never ever.

Jesus anons, this is like kicking a sick & injured puppy

Samurai Jack is a meme show.
What now, faggot?

I'm sorry user.

more a like a sick & injured thief
he should have his hands chopped off

The redditer chuckles
The redditer begins all out belly laughing, spewing Dorito crumbs
The redditer begins smashing his hand in the keyboard while laughing
the redditers heart can no longer take the strenuous laughter and gives out

Name 3 memes from Samurai Jack that normalfags are posting constantly on Facebook and Reddit.
I could name 3 from that S3 premiere alone for Reddit and Memey.

well there is the meme that it looks any good or explores color theory

You need to go back and stay back.

There is plenty in the show that would appeal to plebbit, I like it because it's the first show I have seen pull off existential comedy since The Twilight Zone.

Don't meme it into reality you fucker

Blizzard used to make gold April fools jokes. Then years later they became real.

That's not a meme, that's you not liking someone's analysis of it and shitposting about it.
Here, I'll start naming a Reddit and Memey meme from that premiere, then you do the same for Samurai Jack from any of the 5 seasons. Easy enough for you?

Hmmm, where have I seen this tactic before?

But why, when The Outer Limits is superior?

Because there's already Paladins for a F2P Overwatch

but the jack memes are good

heheheh im so *burp* depressed
kill me i want to die *fart*
nihilism

samurai jack is visual garbage and fans that jerk off about how sophisticated it is are absolute retards

The "god is not real" one was not a joke though.

Good call user, I forgot about that.

It's visually compelling compared to other shows before, during and since it's run.
Not many say it's the best, but most agree it's different and engaging compared to what was adopted en masse.

Also, at least it's not a somehow worse version of McFarlane's animation style.

man i miss that show
Ever watch Black mirror? I was enjoying a few episodes of that

No faggot, the point is that Reddit will ruin literally whatever they get their hands on. I bet /r/samuraijack is filled with garbage, but I'm going to go there and find out.

I binge watched all Black Mirror a couple of months ago, I hope they get to make more.

yeah, it makes me wonder how they made it look so horrible, ground isn't even synced up with the movement its literally a scrolling texture

S2 got really preachy for my taste.
Also, a lot of the plots from both seasons were very similar in their structure:
That being said, there were good ideas presented.

I miss anthology shows.

I just had a peek. It's 90% people discussing the show and talking about future plot points, with a few shitty maymay images with 32pt Impact font.
Just to ensure there wasn't any doubt that you're wrong, I went to /r/rickandmorty, and lo and behold, the inverse held true. A few posts about the show, thena bunch of screencaps with text over them so people who already saw the episode can see that specific line again.

Name another cartoon made in the West, hell, why not add the East too, that does anything similar across the 5 seasons it has had.

Gods are real but they're not gods.

You mean a cartoon with terrible animation for 5 seasons?
Really, what is so appealing about samurai jack other than, arguably, it's story?
I've seen people praise it's "choreography". Which choreography? The one part when jack deals a bunch of weightless attacks? The show has garbage animation, on top of a simplistic but pretentious artstile. All characters are annoying as fuck yeah, including that damn scottish that everybody loves for some reason. Especially Aku, with his badly timed comedic relief bits. But for lack of a better cartoon, people think characters like pic related are appealing in any way.
sage because not vyndiagaems

Sounds like you have shit taste,
MR. PAJAMA-WEARIN',

nobody is going to continue you piece of shit

CUCK

nigger

NO GAEMS POSTIN'

Bait post or genuinely retarded.

SORRY EXCUSE FOR A MALE
I'D BET YOUR WIFE WOULD CUCK YOU FOR YER HONEYMOON RATHER THAN GIVE HERSELF TO YOU

You could, you know, give samples of this 'great art and animation'?

Like that's going to save it. Evolve is literally dead on the development front because of Battleborn becoming 2k's "favored project," and they can still maintain a bigger userbase than that fucking game.

Same. I feel like Dark Mirror had really good ideas but mediocre executions. Got really repetitive with time.

Actual analysis and not strawman goes a long way better towards criticism of something. Specially when your strawman appeals to the super overused joke about how channers hate reddit

You mean Black Mirror?
I have no idea how they made a show with 3 episodes per season repetitive.
Its creator is a complete tosser, as well. Charlie Brooker's the prick's name.

Charlie Brooker wrote an article about Gamergate with not a single fact researched.

Not only that, he was an editor for a Sinclair magazine or something similar which were well documented as just taking reviews for money as transparently as they come.

For the love of god, can you fucking faggots take your Holla Forums related shit elsewhere and talk April fools in gaming or is it that you're the joke yourselves? Its fucking cartoons and they're all shit past childhood.

You need to be put into concentration camps or gulags, depending on which side seizes power. You're getting re-educated either way, buckos.

user, you do realise that thread derailment is normal and healthy for discussion?
:^)

Yeah sorry I'm kinda drunk.
The problem is he took one specific formula to make the episodes and strictly adhered to it, changing only the content. That resulted in the exact same pacing in all the episodes, where they're all very predictable and unsatisfying.

When you're making a different story per episode it's very easy to get structurally repetitive because you're always telling the same portion of the story; usually, originally shines when you're following up the story further than its beginnings.

But nobody watches televison on Holla Forums, much like how nobody plays video games on Holla Forums.

Cat Girl Without Salad got re-announced and actually released 2 years later. Does that count?

Companies work by investing into things and making money off them. They invested a lot into Battleborn, and are now trying to make money off it. Going F2P would be the equivalent of admitting Battleborn was an abysmal failure, and their previously garnered pride (the delusional pride that made them think "Feminism is Awesome" is a good voice line) overrides practical and logical business sense and prevents them from doing that.

On that note I would pay money for Borderlands 3 if it was on par with Borderlands 2 and didn't have any degeneracy in it.

I disagree with that, Satan. Usually, companies want to turn in a profit any way they can, feelings only gets in the way of money.
Unless it's a really really stupid company, which I don't argue they might be.

8ch being down was shit

They've confirmed that is an actual game and it's even got a name; Fighting EX Layer.
They're just looking for a publisher.

Is the armchair you're sitting in at least comfortable?

Alright so far so good

SHEEP-FUCKIN'

Ross released an honest to god episode of Freeman's Mind 2 on April Fool's.

=TOP BURCHIN'=

I might consider the fact that Absolute Zero did a surprise dual announcement and release of their English patch for Tales of the Tempest one, with the joke being that the game itself was a really bad one with next to no demand to have in English anyhow. On the plus side, they've said that it wasn't a game that required too much time on their end (the game being stupidly short to play anyhow, or something), and served as decent practice.

I hope you know Samurai Jack is even worse than rick and Morty.
We were promised a more gritty, adult Jack, and we got a shitty reboot with that's nowhere near as good as the original
Fuck off.

Boredomlands 2 was fucking awful.

You're getting a gritty, adult Jack. Did you watch the show? Also as someone who is rewatching the old series alongside the new: you probably have a case of the nostalgia goggles if you think the new one is somehow not even close to the original.

I mean, unless you just jerk it to the scalie, vore, fart fetish episode.

Bugbear broke my heart. Fucking Finnish people.