Dawn of war 3

With dawn of war 3 about to release let's get comfy and laugh at the shitshow that sega has created.
A few things to know about the game aside from the atrocious artstyle:

youtube com/watch?v=ia1-Ap_0g8o

Is this the biggest, most shameless lore rape of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

p.fuwafuwa.moe/ootggi.mp4
steamcommunity.com/id/SlaaneshFetish/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too big for 8ch, but here you go p.fuwafuwa.moe/ootggi.mp4

Thanks a lot, user.

ASSFAGGOT MULTIPLAYER
NO SKIRMISH AT ALL

Oh god. How the fuck does it not have skirmish? Does the game not have any AI at all?

It probably has some AI, they really wanna sell the assfaggots multiplayer because they think assfaggots players will buy into it, being popular and all that.

It's funny how they said they needed to make space marines hippy hop skip across the battlefield so people can tell the difference between unit types, and then they fill the screen with OCD rave party light flashes, distortion effects up the wazoo from every possible situation and give the whole shit a muddy and blurry look overall.
It's almost as if they just wanted to copy the look from ASSFAGGOTS games, because that alone is sure to bring in millions of customers.
And if anyone complains about lore or some gay shit like that, just say "lol the 40k universe is so CRAZY that anything is possible! consistency can't possibly exist if there are over-the-top things in the stories"

Oh man it's 100% going to be absolute garbage

What will really happen is a repeat of SupCom2 and C&C4. It seems that the marketers really have no fucking clue how to handle the rts market.

I thought they were making it to be more like starcraft II. Either way I signed up for the beta so hopefully I get to see how badly they fucked this game up when compared to DoW1. Necrons forever never again.

I don't Trust GW. They definitely asked them to do same bullshit as TW:WH. I am not touching it unless it is either cracked or year after release.

I honestly liked the whole 2nd screen interactive map too bad the game itself was garbage compared to the original. Even planetary annihilation managed to fuckup a good game genre.

You know they're gonna be shitting out those dlc factions like no tomorrow. They're probably going to be really hastily made and multiplayer only because that is where the focus of the game seems to be.

The marketers thought that the warhammer name is going to sell this game well, but in the end it will only fuck them over.

I hope the space marines are day 1 DLC

I mean if they bring back necrons and the gameplay isn't total shit, I might be tempted.

Fad chasing. They got DOW cheap due to the shutdown of THQ, getting them some IP licenses they could use to bring in more profits from the western markets, and right now they want the western MOBA crowd. Their current MOBA Wonderland Wars isn't going to sell in the west that's for damn sure, and 40k: Dark Nexus Arena shut down before it got out of beta so the market for 40k MOBA is uncontested.

tl;dr shit's fucked worse than a Slaaneshi Anal Maidens butthymen for 40k vidya, same old same old I guess.

I'm not buying this out of principle. While the game itself doesn't have any outstanding issues the way they managed to ruin the theme of the universe is unforgivable.

Units behave closer to starcraft than dawn of war. But heroes and maps are closer to dota/lol/hots.
The worst of both genres for a DoW game.

It's the only big RTS to come out, for this whole year. Goys will buy it , even if simply out of lack of alternatives.

STOP

It's happened before, and it's happening again. You best just lay down just let it happen, it'll make the suffering easier.

Just don't fucking buy it before promos or crack.
Be smarter than buying this bullshit for 60$ + 20$ for Necrons, maybe +20 for skirmish mode.

They are morons. Look at this. Instead of upgrade choices during the game, that adjust to the enemy, the global army buffs are selected before the game.
Could have been just upgrades inside the game, that let you vary your strategy, but noooo. Decided before the game.

Anyone play Eternal Crusade?

DoW has been shit since Dark Crusade. No surprises that this one will be even worse than the abomination that was DoW2.

No. Stopped early after release. What a shitshow.
Truly, outside of sanctus reach 40k games are failure after failure.

It is worse than the shovelware mobile 40k games

I played a couple of rounds of it about a week ago.
That's about all I noticed in the hour or so playing around with it.

Spess Marine was pretty good

You're right about the other stuff, but there is in game chat. It's mostly filled with stuff like "go to c" or "some from b go to a." Or did you mean voice comms?

I've been playing a round or 2 every few days since the game went f2p. Trying to level a Chaos Sorcerer, since it seems to be the most unique class. Still don't have enough spells to really judge it.

Yeah sorry I meant voice chat.

Maybe they tried going for something like the different commanders in generals. You have the basic faction and you get variations of that faction that focus on specific things.

It has similarities, but it doesn't restrict you from units, it just buffs specific ones.
Too much shit is decided before the game starts. The 3 heroes could easily be picked during the game. Now you decide both the 3 heroes and the general type.
It's like they made a mix of all the things they could steal from.
And then they try to sell it as dawn of war.

All this talk of MOBA fads keeps reminding me of that Total War MOBA.

Well tbh the heroes were a thing in all dow games. In dow2 there was a pretty big emphasis on them, with each faction playing slightly differently depending on which hero they picked. Heroes also have a selection of gear they could buy that would grant them different abilities.

Oh no

I think we must have jumped timelines again because I specifically remember the earliest announcements for the game showed it off as a "back to our roots" Dawn of War 1 style RTS.

Oh yes.

apparently the steam servers shut down last January, but the game is still being developed.

That is true but you picked 1. Now you pick 3 and your whole unit upgrade scheme(doctrine in this case).
A ton of decisions are made prior to the game. This will inevitably lead to games that are won with counters before they even start.

Well no shit bro, I picked up TW:WH when it came with the Humble Monthly for 12 bucks and its actually pretty fun to play I just could never imagine spending 60$ for the vanilla game.

Also have you never played Company of Heroes 2? They ripped the doctrine system straight from it, it looks like.

I thought it was just a 10v10 where each player controlled like 3 units. I never played it though.

I think you mean Relic and GW.

SEGA owns DOW now man. Have since THQ went under. Keep up with the times.

Nah. I never liked the gameplay style of CoH, like I disliked dow2. Only later forced myself to play it due to lack of options. I see the doctrine is taken from there.
But the moving orbital laster is definitely from generals. Even if dow2 had it, it was stationary there.

Yes, but sega is the publisher, Relic makes the game and GW has the last say on anything related to their ip.

GW doesn't give a shit as long as they get their cut.

The eldritch storm the eldar get is also movable I believe. Not sure what sort of nuke the orks get.

The put some marker on the ground and meteors start falling. Weaker at first devastating at the end.
It seems you can pick up the marker though, as an enemy too and move it. Sound really easy to counter.

Dow2 was more like a scaled down company of heroes focused around hero units. They use the same engine too. The only real problem with dow2 was the small scale of battles. You would have at best ~9-12 marines running about with maybe 1 tank to support them and that was it. While this was quite well justified to present the marines to be the super soldiers that they are, and the dynamics of the combat were well executed faction wise, the size of the engagements left a lot to be desired. We jumped from commanding hundreds of soldiers in dow1 to tiny skirmishes in dow2 which was the big letdown for me. However the rest of the game works quite well and doesn't really have any outstanding issues aside from faction balance in multiplayer which has mostly been fixed by modders.

This was a shit mechanic and absolutely mandatory to use. A core problem with the game.

I'm guessing you've never seen the COH retreat mechanic, where your soldiers run at triple speed and dodge 90% of incoming damage, including running right through minefields, exploding and not dying, or running through MG killzones, dodging everything.

CoH being worse does not make DoW2 automatically good.

I'm just pointing out how retarded of a feature the retreat is.

It really depends on how much damage it does initially and at it's apex.

I think it was well implemented. After all killing or losing a whole squad was very damaging to the economy since they cost a fortune to build, so intercepting enemy squads on the retreat with melee units added another layer of strategy to the game. The only issue were the melee blob armies like tyranids and orks and sometimes eldar with banshee spam were a bit strong and could potentially wipe out multiple of your squads if you ever hesitated to retreat them. This made you really value your units instead of treating them as disposable fodder.

It's pretty much the same in DoW2. Retreating units are neigh immune to knockback and explosives as well as any ranged weapon damage. They however take 125% melee damage.

Its a monkeys paw everytime, I though the Relic and Sega combo would stop this from happening but I should have known that GW would butt in and Sega would fuck it up while NuRelic gets cannibalized

At least we got Battlefleet Ghotic and Total WaWa which are pretty good, but goddamn this hurts.

Sega is one of the most jewish companies out there, what did you expect?
Remember that they are also responsible for the total war franchise and that one hasn't been doing all that well recently either.

That's a load of crap. Retreating troops incapable of fighting back are easy to mow down with fast vehicles.

Wasn't there a w40k MOBA already being made by someone else?

The Tau girl represent the 40K license
The dark Eldar represent GW.
Fitting.

Also, is that a saw on the top of that dildo or "just" spikes?

Rome 2 was a fucking disgrace and while Warhammer TW doesn't have the depth and has DLC kikery up the ass, its pretty good.
They fixed the combat and the variety of mechanics brought by the different factions makes up for the lack of gameplay depth comapared to the historical setting.
True, but they sometimes seem to learn, only to dissapoint you again.

GET OUT

That is kinda off putting to me seeing as GW loves Tau, (Craftworld) Eldar, Tzeench, AdMech and SPEC MAREENS at the moment while DE, Orks, Tyranids, Non Spec Maren/AdMech Imperuim, and fuck even Necrons are getting left in the dirt

It's mentioned on one of the posts you're replying to you fucking dolt
Doesn't anybody fucking read messages before replying to them anymore on this fucking board?

Are you talking about Total WaWa? Because that's been a massive success.

Rome2 was a mess though.

Toto WaWa has 1.1 million less sales than Rome 2, and Rome 2 sold terribly compared to other Total War games. It also has half the average play time, too (Rome 2 average of 131 minutes, ToTo WaWa average of 76 minutes).

Total War is killing itself slowly but surely.

Source? All I've been hearing is that Total WaWa was more successful than SEGA/CA were expecting.

It's hard to believe this is real. Reality is truly horrifying.

ATM TW:WA has twice as many players as rome 2 and rome 2 has twice as many players as Attila.

How is that proof of anything other than having a more active playerbase? I was asking for sales numbers.

I'm going to go a bit ahead of time and mark it already as heretical

This is a parody you glue chewing barfbag.

If you've waited this long then you've tarried too long. Sufficient signs to justify Exterminatus have been blindingly obvious for ages.

Did I claim anything other than a more active playerbase?

thank lawd

Than why did you respond to my post that was explicitly asking for sales numbers?

They're running an open beta from the 21st to the 24th. Get an e-mail address, sign up, and then you can bemoan the game without relying on bullshots nor hearsay.

GW loves the most popular factions.

t. Sega

Yeah mang, all of the gameplay videos were haters playing the closed beta :DDDD

W-what? How is one of the most important factions in the 40k universe not included? Did GW give green light to absolute retards again?

Bullshit. Almost everyone hates Tau, yet GW has the biggest boner for them

Weren't tau made specifically to appeal to the eastern audience when GW entered the asian market? They mostly appeal to weebs and bleeding heart faggots who want to play the "good" guys.

Spread your wallet for that DLC, goy. It seems following the traditions of starcuck, they went with the trio of races. Space marines are going to be terrans, eldar are protoss and orks are zerg. It only remains to be seen just how much they copied startcraft in the mechanics. From what I know they went all out to make the eldar play like the protoss and even gave them personal shields that recharge.

Fucking hell, that's a serious misunderstanding of 40k. Sure, the campaigns featured leaders and characters, but they also spoke quite a lot about factions and armies in general, the conversations during all of dow2 are quite obvious about it. You also forgot to add that these numales who suddenly think themselves as experts in the franchise removed the sync kills, dumbed down the way units work, thoroughly ignore setting, atmosphere and lore, and I now get to laugh at everyone who said "BUT THE GAME IS NOT A MOBA!!" since the beta has dropped and lo and behold, it's a fucking three lane map about killing towers, shields and a central nexus structure. Fuck everything about this fucking heresy.

It was the same with DoW2

Precisely, but they clash with the setting so badly, being constantly shilled as the "progressive" faction that is tolerant of all races and cultures and all that shit that most fans hate them. Everyone else is either extremely xenophobic or corrupts everyone in vicinity, with something like tolerance and diversity being a bad word, yet then you suddenly get space commies that use their powers of diversity to somehow have incredible tech and shit like that. Tau are a faction for leftists and weebs with a passing interest in the franchise

Listen here you little sack of dried up cum

I've been playing vidya gaems my ENTIRE fucking life, since I was a goddamn kid - right up until adulthood. I know shit when I see shit, this is shit. I don't need to give SEGA the benefit of the doubt anymore, my experience has shown it's just gonna be the same exact garbage they pull every fucking time

my first console + game combo was a Sega Genesis / Sonic 2.

as a long time fan of the company…FUCK SEGA THE JAPANESE JEW, YOU ARE CRAPCUM TIER NOW

But it's okay, because I have modded Soulstorm, and I can play the fucking game how it should be.

so FUCK YOU you fucking franchise raping goons

Akchually, the lore has been somewhat modified to fit some grimdarkness into the tau lore precisely because of how out of place they felt. Now it is implied that the diplomatic, progressive, and tolerant ideology of the tau is a farse, it's actually a somewhat totalitarian state where the ethereals are exerting some for of mind control on the population and are the only rulers controlling the whole thing, with their peaceful methods being just a front to trick people into falling for their memes.

DLC most likely, though I wonder if they'll make seperate dlc packs for each of the chaos gods or just make the faction chaos undivided.

SUM GIT PUTTA GROT IN CHARGE UV DIS GAYM'S WRITTAN

/thread

Your post talked about it being more successful, which is why I posted the active playerbase numbers which shows that it is definitely more liked/played and is more successful that way. The guy claiming that rome 2 has more sales didn't also say that because there was a free weekend back in 2015 that the numbers from steamspy cannot be relied upon.

Just like real life progressives.

Holy shit I can't believe how lame them made 40K look.

Sorry, I missed that part.

40k is shit. Can't believe the E.Y.E. frogs wasted time making a game in that setting when they made a better setting already.

Got into the closed beta for this weekend. Should be fun to see just how fucked this game is. Also the email had this bit:

Haven't been following this travesty too much, but good to see the usual moba $$$ skin whoring is going on here too. Keep up the great work Relic!

GW has nothing to do with the process of game cration or marketing nowadays, they are just there for the shekels.
No longer do we have the autistic GW that did not allow DoW to be released until they could playtest it.

I find it funny how continually anally devastated youre about deathwing because eye 2 was pushed because of it.

I'm not sure if I should post an orc, or something along the lines of "he didn't fly so good" so have both.

Everyone hates Tau except Tau Players
Tau is probably the 2nd most played Xeno Faction, only behind Eldar

Dat Eint a Bug You dum 'umie git
Dat is wot 'appens wen a Ork chukks hiz bomm at da Metal Box
Ork Bomms, as iz every thing Orky, are da best you grot

If it was real it would have a thin your paints joke

They better not fucking touch the Thousand Sons in this.

If they're going to put in the Thousand Sons it's going to be half assed near the end of it's life
Though I could see them putting in Death Guard in order to sell some more Mortarions and shit, and they're going to probably fuck it up in some way
I fucking swear if Mort isn't good and there isn't a plastic Great unclean one soon I'm going to be pissed

I was floored when they released the new 1kSons codex and minis.
It was a wet dream come true.
Well, GW just released a new codex for Khorne daemons, so it's possible that Slaanesh and Nurgle will get new codices.

Mortarion is probably the most boring Primarch of all though.

user Death Guard was announced a few weeks ago and Fulgrim was mentioned multiple times in the Gathering Storm books, some mentions were implied but others were him actually doing shit in the plot, including speaking to Guilliman through a guy possessed by a crown Yeah it's a bit retarded

He's not as boring as the boring Chaos undivided worshiper or the boring guy who lost a hand

Oh yeah, I'm aware of how often Fulgrim is mentioned. Was not aware of Death Guard being announced.
I'm only hoping that this isn't leading to some 40K End Times scenario a la Age of Sigmar.

They're not going to do that, there isn't going to be some hard reset, where everything was destroyed and everyone except some of the gods, and a few other people were killed off like in end times/Sigmar
What is going to happen is a plot shift, like how in Sigmar they've made it less about an unending time of war and have cities now, there will be that type of plot progression
Whether or whether not it will be good will be something we've seen in time, the gathering storm books have been mixed with some good fluff and some not so good
One of the things I've heard is that a loyalist legion will turn traitor and a traitor legion will turn loyalist, this could end up being interesting especially if the two legions are White Scars and Alpha Legion or Dark Angels and Thousand Sons

I don't know how to feel about this, considering that I have a huge boner for all things Tzeentch.
I'll still love my Space Egyptians, though.

This would be my guess. White Scars have no real fanbase()great chapter tactics though) that I am aware of but Alpha Legion is popular and there is lore justification for them to turn.

More likely to be the former rather than the latter tbh
And user is right, seeing as Omegron is a closet loyalist, Alpha could turn if not already being it
Though either way I'd feel sorry for the Red Corsairs no longer being Chaos's only Biker heavy army
And the Reason why Dark Angels would turn if it was Thousand Sons who are honestly, especially now more renegade than Traitor, who turn loyalist is because Tzeentch has been fucking hard with DA
Pretty much the entire lore of the Changling in W40K involves him fucking with the Dark Angels, while there also was the shit about the Thousand Sons telling the Furry Fucks, the Gay Knights, the Inquisistion and other imperuim forces on Fenris about the Fallen Doesn't help that the Lord Commander of the Imperuim Robute Guilliman knows too

E.Y.E. exists in it's current form because of 40k inspiration

this is a video game board. it looks fine as a video game

part1

at least the youtubefags hated on it

I guess these are the sort of people defending the game. The type that cannot even recognize dow quotes.

just try harder my son

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

which ones

Amazing.
I'm not even angry.

i laugh but then i realise how bad this thing reveal

Still my favorite trailer of all time.

That's exactly it.
It is not a MOBA, but it is still a piece of shit.
There was very little discussion about it here though because they only ever had one or two streams of the game and that was it.

I don't know what the fuck they're thinking but since it has Warscape, it will not be good no matter how much they fumble around with it.
At this point CA reminds of some poor modding team that's trying to unfuck a game's 20 year old engine so they keep patching in all kinds of fixes.

It is basicly a moba, only this time you control the creeps too.

I can't say I remember it all that well, but there were "special abilities" and I think players had the option of capturing the opposing team's base in order to win.

a MOBA, in the sense of ASSFAGGOT (because calling something MOBA without implying assfaggot is like calling street fighter a beat them all because … "you gotta beat them all" )

is a game where you have:

so yea DOWIII isn t 100% a moba but he is WAY CLOSER to a moba than a RTS, even less so of a relic rts … and even less of a dawn of war game.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This, and a lot of dow fans defend it unironically.
You go to youtube vids of dow 3, "this isn't a DAWN OF WAR game!!! Where's the retreat mechanic?"

It hurts, but we'll never ever get a dawn of war 1 game again.

Dow2 was basically : "animated TableTop skirmish"

at least thats the vibe i get went i watch replay from maestrocast.

it alow way less mistakes than dow1 so i didn t even try to be good at it, i only played the campaign. i liked the last stand however.

so yea DOW2 replay from good player have this TT skirmish animated game with reinforcement allowed because of how each unit counts. how precious they are and how great thing they can do if managed well

the cringe….

A classic joke:
Q: How many EVE players does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: You don't know man, you weren't there! YOU WEREN'T THERE!

See now, this ain't true. Grenades in DoW2 did alot of damage to retreating units. They even had the potential to wipe them out. This was the true OP strategy for Eldar or Scouts (Mostly Eldar because they had better grenades). You shoot up the enemy unit, wait until they retreat, and then toss a grenade in their predetermined line of retreat which kills the entire unit. Retreating basically invalidated suppression in that game, too, not that there weren't enough abilities to just ignore it to begin with.

It's not even close to the tabletop. I would have loved something like the tabletop where you had a pre-made army and you had actual objectives on the map rather than a RTT game that fails at anything resembling balance or strategy. There's no need for map control or cover (Especially when most vehicles/monstrous creatures will destroy it anyways). Take the resource point capturing, for example. It automatically favors fast units because you can simply outmaneuver the opponent. Slow and tough or heavy hitting units are almost entirely irrelevant, because you can't build any defenses on the points, and you don't have enough units to protect them and also attack the enemy thanks to the way population capacity is handled. Oh, sure, a few commanders can place down defenses, which themselves are mostly useless because they have a limited arc of fire, but these cost population, alot of it, in return for a nearly useless static defense.

DOW 2 retribution multiplayer was utter shit.
There are almost no units to build, the builds are th exact same for 98% of the games, example for eldar: double guardian + 1 banshee, then 1 ranger squad, go tier 2, get falcon, game is over. If game isn't over, go tier 3, get fire prisms. Against IG, replace falcon with wraithguards.
That's it.

Another shit is with the invisibility. Unlike dow 1 vanilla where units go invisible without attacking or dow 1 expansions where units can be detected and killed normally, in dow 2 units are invisible for up to a minute and can only be detected by being extremely close to them. Combine this with the fact that grenades are nigh-undodgeable (0.8 s timer, starting from when it's thrown, so that's 0.4 s when it hits the ground) and that they can wipe 2-3 squads INSTANTLY, and the game revolved around "whoever picks SM squads/ork mekboy, goes invis and throws 1 grenade wins".

Elite mod fixed a lot of stuff and added multiple units, made them more resilient, tweaked all the damage values, fixed some mechanics, made units more survivable and created new maps.
It's a fun game but it's still shit compared to dow 1 as most of the game is just
All you can ever do is go around him (assuming he's got eye problems), use a global, or if eldar then use farseer's farsight to put a webway behind him and teleport there. That's about it.

x…D?

you dont know what you are talking about, everything you do is assumptions.
go check actual gameplay like maestrocast .
there is much more thing than that….
btw : in DOW 1 you could play orc => rush the research giving you boys for free => build tons of baracks => put a rally point in their base (aggresive stance) => right clic boys for auto build => enjoy spawning 5 squads at the time each time the oponent kills one => win by sheer overweilming number (you just had to hold until you get the research done)

well unless you are playing about the poorly balance vanilla version, but who play DOW II without elite mod? are you retarded ?

You're wrong anyway you utter cretin, free sluggas can only be researched after tier 4, good luck rushing to tier 4 with no units.
Go check actual gameplay like indrid or maestro on youtube for dow 2.
Go install dow 1 and play it for at least 2 matches before spouting idiocies on here.

Are you literally retarded?

What in the warp is that jump shit?

i ask you back. I m not complaining, im just answering to a retarded comment by showing somethign that make you autowin the game in dow1 without brain just if you manage to hold for long enouth.

Eldar Titans were supposed to have bullshit agility for a titan, but that is stretching it pretty damn far, especially with that retarded looking slide.

Are there any records of them jumping though ? From what I remember even wraithlords don't.

could be worst

oh wait ?

I am pretty sure that there aren't. I think Tau are the only ones that do bullshit with jump jets on their mechs.

How can I possibly get comfy when all I feel is burning hatred for these fuckups.

Yeah, if the opponent has done literally nothing but turtle against Orks, It's going to be an autowin. Now try a real game. By the time you get to T4 sluggas, you've already won, or your base is being overrun. If your gonna complain about cheese atleast get it right.

SEGA is not a Japanese. Its pure jewish.

Thanks for saving my bandwidth, it's not even worth pirating.

Wew, that art director sure loves dust.

Grenades were easy to predict because they didn't have much range. Eldar grenades especially since guardians don't have stealth like scouts do. Complaining about it pointless since you would at best critically hit (3+ models) 1 out of 10 and close hit 1 out of 4.

Dust can be cool if executed properly. A tank raising a giant dust cloud when it fires would be a very cool effect.

Yogscast Goons and those Hat Film Factory faggots.

Lots of dust = less focus on backgrounds = cheaper art

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

no shit

Their people and soldiers might be honorable (see Shas'O'Kais and some incidents in their backstory, such as their salvation of the Kroot from the Orkz), but their government sure ain't.

So more like the stereotypical jap/chinese?

Seems so.

it s 2017 , are you saying you never realize that the tau are pretty much alien jap in space ? were you living under a rock ? even their armor is samurai-like

Anyone that played the beta can tell me how the gameplay itself is. I am looking for a 1vs1 RTS similar to WC3 is DoW3 that game? I enjoy ASSFAGGOTS as well but i want something 1vs1 so i have some hopes that DoW3 will fill that void for me so i dont have to rely on teammates. And if it have some kind of basebuilding like wc3 it would be great

No, i was just bringing into light how their soldiers are all HONORABOO while their goverment is soulless.

Well you might as well play WC3 then
No. It's more like a frankenstein made of the the bodies of LeL and starcraft2 with a warhammer 40k mark on it's forehead.
The maps, similarly to LeL are divided into 3 lanes with destructible objectives that the players must eliminate before attacking the enemy's "ancient". The common units are fodder for heroes and a die easily to them as well as to each other.

you never touched the game

That is true. However what I said stands.

They can be pretty savage too, to the point of not caring about collateral damage in some cases, but they at least try to get things done quickly, and will typically honor agreements and take prisoners.

So more civilized japanese then.

when you have no experience with the game and only know it from watching bad people play or advertisement spectacles designed to make things look powerful than they really are then no, not really.
in warcraft 3 some people might at first glance think that regular units are completely helpless against heroes. and sadly, the most popular maps in some rts games tend to heavily feature what could be described as lanes.
for some reason, nobody ever wants to play on open maps with plenty of angles of attack.
people only want to play on setons clutch

They're civilized compared to the rest of the factions at least. Everyone else is straight up genocidal and gives 0 fucks about the other races or even their own. The only other race that actually cares about preserving life are the eldar, even then they care exclusively for their own and don't flinch when genociding everyone else should the situation require it.

If you hate seton's clutch this much then this game is definitely not for you. I actually hate seton's clutch btw, but nice assumption. You seem desperate to attack me for some reason, to the point of making shitty assumptions..

exactly like normal space marin is helpless vs a chapter master.
the problem isn t in the "hero" type unit itself , DOW1 had it, DOW2 had it, even TT have it .

the problem is with the animation, the look, and everything that made Dawn of war wat it is: missing…
THEN they come with a single MP mode with the same objectives as moba.
the map itself wasn t even part of the equation, look at down 2 with control point: one have this bot mid and top lane vibe and that doesn t make it a moba

The other DoW games had relatively powerful heroes, but they were never powerful enough to wipe out whole armies with their abilities. Their skills were always supposed to support your ARMY and by themselves they were usually helpless against a moderately sized force. In both previous games 2 regular squads would usually wipe out a hero with some degree of difficulty, 3 squads would kill him without losing any models.

when did i come anywhere close to implying you liked setons clutch? why are you desperate to feel attacked?
im going to go ahead and make the assumption that you have brain damage

in dark crusade i could solo with Tau commander during the campaign ….
still i a gree that know the game seems much mmore centered about hero and the "army" are just controlable minions

In my hypothetical situation the hero is fighting a non retarded opponent.

you never played soulstorm or dark crusade

Well I pointed out that the DoW3 is one giant seton's clutch, now with objectives other than "blow up the other dude's base". It's literally the only mode available.
As for lane maps being popular, it's only natural. Most people in RTS's just want to smash big armies against each other, not implement complex strategies. At least the low skilled ones, which comprise the majority of the player base of non-dead games.

The only heroes with extremely disruptive abilities that I can think of are the tau commander mentioned above and the necron lord, even then the necron lord must be really pimped out to get the really stupid abilities. The DE archon is made of paper last time i played (and i actually played soulstorm very recently) and the SoB canoness is basically a glorified force commander with boobies.

I'm sorry that you can't enjoy good games user

and the farseer if you link her to a seer council for increase CDR.
oh and i remember that the painboy was quite tanky

I remenber the eldar farseer fucking over my guardsmen more than once with her psyker storm thingie.

Yes, If you link her to a a very powerful and tanky melee unit she will be protected and get the bonus of reduced cooldowns. I mean the hero by itself is useless in most situations.

I remember having sexual fantasies about the Eldar Farseer.
Never saw any porn, though.

There is PLENTY of macha porn, look it up in 1d4chan.

I never asked for this.

Oh yeah, love can bloom is a thing.
LIVII achieved the dream of every sperg, to bang a hot chick by being autistic.

Some talentless hack from halfchan made a continuation of that story, by the way.

Something new or the old shit?

LoFN?

it looks like fucking starcraft 2

No. Faggot tried to continue the main story without even trying to keep the same tone and style, and his dialogue bites.

After watching multiple match long videos I can confirm it's just another flavor of starcraft 2. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, you decide. I have my 40k autism quota filled with battlefleet and firestorm over kaurava

When do we get Neko Marines?

I want to marry an Eldar and raise our children with her.

I didn't know batman was a space marine.

Catgirls are a canon ab-Human race you filthy heretic

it says dire victory
Also where's the NOT ACTUALLY A MOBA guy to defend this

Uh-huh. You're still going to crack and buy it, like the pathetic excuse of a man that you are.

I hope to my deepest core this game sells like shit and kills off the 40k video game franchise

The devs could have been swimming in money, SWIMMING. What do they do? Fuck it up for no reason other than to copy whats already making money

"originality with a popular game? Fuck you. Do what the other guy does."

Kill 40k video games. Let the people hate your company forever. Suffer for it.

I wuld pull out that sceenshot from "Boycott Modern Warfare 2" group if I had saved it.

So how much were you paid to shill on here I wonder?

Every time. No one complains when they make female inquisitors, comisars, igs, farseers, chaos aberrations, whatever. But nope they had to break the only gender rule on the universe. Bravo

Indeed

It does annoy me that they made every single Farseer a chick, and now every single Eldar hero is a chick. Then again, given that they have never won a single campaign in DoW, and instead just got their people slaughtered pointlessly, I suppose it makes perfect sense.

Now they brought back Taldeer. Again. And it is doubtful she will get any lines on the level of her bantz in Dark Crusade, which was the only thing she had going for her, besides maybe being a nice trophy for the Khornate psyker.

female imperial knight is canon, the point is she is unmodified (she shoudl have tubes and mecanicus augments … )
check this lore video about the subject

Oh yeah ! That one extremely rare remnant of a dead house and only remaining member.
So to make the rare case more shoved in your face they made another one into the only recent game with knights.

MUH WIMINZ

MUH VAJAYJAY

oh~ok i din t knew her IG lore….

but that's irrelevant, the point is there is not gender preference in knighthood in thoses noble house mainly because it depend on each and every world (as is all the imperium's colony)

so her being the last survivor of a house where female knight is possible/alowed: then i dont see the issue.
the only issue is :
aka: not grimdark pilot … even moreso if she is supposed to be "the last survivor"

No you idiot. Solaria is not the same one. She is another ultra rare exception shoved in your face.
Like all the recent ones. It's beyond annoying. And every author thinks he is original for it.

? She's not a space marine.

I want to fuck a space nun

Eldar were the canon winners of Winter Assault

The people really just want DoW1 but with better graphics and more units and tyranids/mechanicus

I never saw anything that said women couldn't be imperial knight pilots. They are just augmented humans.

Imperial Knights are almost always males. Unlike space marines who simply cannot have female counterparts. It's still retarded though, there is absolutely zero reason for them to be a woman besides diversity points.

Can somebody screenshot the like/dislike ratio? I don't use JewTube.

>not wanting to fuck a space marine

I'm a big wrestling fan, so I can spot verbiage from a mile away and some of this webm in particular not only sounds insincere, but fucking scripted. Like, who would ever say "Straight to the damned core!"?

The selective process for a pilot is no joke. You wouldn't want women there. Especially given that male sight is always superior to female sight even now. And that is a key skill for pilots.

Don't forget
The core has vision around it and is the single objective in the game. It would be like expecting nobody to notice an ancient attack in a MOBA game.

Well He Who Shall Not Be Named is back GW to write about how the Ultramarines take over the Imperium.

So no, no it's not.

I mean I'm not a big fan of writing a character in for diversity, but if Imperial Knight pilots are anything similar to Titan pilots. They pretty much will take whoever they can get who is actually able to interface with the neural network of the machines. On one hand writing in a character for the sake of diversity is shitty, but realistically they would have some female Imperial Knight pilots.

No buts you faggot. You are trying to justify diversity quotas right here, right now.

Well considering something like one in a million people is able to pilot a Titan and like you said the bloodline is kept for many generations it would stand to reason that there would be a few female pilots considering not every child born into the family would be a male. Oh and the whole sight thing is a non issue considering they augment the shit out of Titan and Knight pilots.

On the contrary. You require very high innate skills to qualify for it at all.
Those skills vary from physical to mental. But are mostly male skills.
That's a really dumb argument. let's just have retards and cripples in there because you can augment them :DDDD
Historical knight houses weren't all males either, but none of them send their women to war. So that argument is bullshit too.

The main problem isn't that she's a girl (that's possible but rare, unlike girl space marine which is plainly stated) it's that's she's a typical le so quirky girlfriend character that talk to angelos like it's her BFF or something.

When he's a fucking Chapter Master (which only answer to the High Lords directly and with guarantees of it's autonomy, now of course they're not free of politics but they can tell the inquisition to fuck off for example) and her a lowly knight, if her house is dead, a fucking hedge knight, barely above guardsman, BELOW most IG officers since most are modeled after old school nobility officers (which are very few in number where a colonel basically head a modern day division).

And knights pilots in the lore are literally hardwired (because the machine spirit of the knight fuse with their minds) for loyalty and respect to their house, their liege, their lord and obviously any figure of authority in the Imperium, because you know KNIGHTS.

That's the fucking problem.

That's what all hamfisted female characters do you numbskull. One thing always leads to the other. That is what diversity quota does to the lore in any setting.

Yeah except it requires even more skill to pilot a titan and there are several female princeps. Hell even the trainee in the Mechanicus book was a woman.
Most warlord titan princeps are confined to their tank with all their limbs chopped off to better connect them to the titan and the really old ones are borderline crazy

Oh and Imperial Knights and Titans are still heavily tied to the Mechanicus. The Mechanicus that literally does not give a shit about gender since flesh is weak.

How many levels of normalfag are you on, son?

Because the first game had a female farseer and they didn't want to bother changing the model. After that they simply decided to roll along with it in DoW2 since they already had 4 female farseers.

The have to start as functional human beings before they undergo that. And you know that damn well. None of them start as cripples or retadrds.
2 at best. The only one I know of is undercover posing as a male, because her house does not allow female pilots.
Dan writes females in key super-high position roles all the time. He is not a reliable source.He is really close to a male feminist.

So we have 1 or 2 pilots and 1 trainee. And now suddenly all the game titans and knights have to be female ? Because this is the only voiced one we ever got and it's a woman. And it just so happens to be in the worst possible dev team relic has ever had.
Stop defending this garbage. Unless you are a male feminist yourself.

Yeah and Mechanicum does what for the horus heresy? It's pretty much right there with Battle for the Abyss in terms of irrelevance

I'm quoting the guy several posts above me, faggot.

And I'm posting at you, nigger. Contain your 'tism

n-no fucking way …

Elena Derosa wasn t like that.

Dan Abnett is one of the better 40k writers imo, although I'd say Sandy Mitchell is probably the best in terms of telling interesting tales. Dan does write in a lot of females, but at least in Gaunts Ghosts and Eisenhorn they aren't terrible. I'm not defending this garbage, its just retarded to think that the mechanicus would pass up viable subjects who can link with MIUs just because they are womyn.

Then quote me, not the quote, moron.

I said contain your autism. That is the opposite of containing your autism

learn to quote

He's not entirely bad but not entirely good either.

They aren't like Princeps, they're more like phoenix lords in a way. Also what said.

I liked it. It made morale feel much more psychological- In some cases you would essentially be playing "chicken" with you and your enemies' units' health bars. If you hit the button first, your troops probably survive but you temporarily lose control of them and give ground to the enemy. They can also be killed by interceptors, though it's harder to do in vanilla. The Elite Mod in DoW 2 made AoEs do 2x more damage to runners which made sweeping advances much easier to pull off without melee.

In DoW 1 Morale was just a seperate health bar with a debuff attached, it needed a change of some kind to make it more integral.

Or more of DoWII but with basebuilding and better AI (plus the Mechanicus armies and Necrons).

Did you forget the boss characters in DoWII and those characters in Retribution, user?

He meant farseers. And yes, so far all eldar farseers in DoW games have been female, mostly because the original farseer, Macha was, and they didn't bother to change the model for the expansions. In DoW2 they could have done a male farseer, but it seems like they decided to go yet again with a female one.

Honestly speaking that was what I wanted. A mix of DoW1 and 2. Would have been great, but Relic thought otherwise: "PEOPLE LOVE LAST STAND, MAKE THE GAMEPLAY FOCUS MORE ON HEROES."

he calls it his wife

DoW3 has only females for Eldar heroes; them being Taldeer as a wraithlord, a Farseer, and the Phoenix Lord of the Banshees. I remember the DoW2 heroes; although, in retrospect I question why they went with the choices they did for that.

Nucrons are shit.
Tyranids were never good
Orks are flip-flopping between horrifying and slapstick

isnt that the whole point?

KHORNATE PSYKER!
WHY IS THERE A KHORNATE PSYKER?
I FUCKING HATE PSYKERS!

Those Blood Ravens, man. So goddamn fucking heretical that even the chaos gods can't stop them.

this picture made me realize i havent seen too many pictures detailing khornes likeness. Everyone knows what nurgle looks like cuz he looks just like his greater daemon and basically is his own greater daemon. The other three not so much but that makes more sense for slaanesh and tzeentch.

Weirdest thing is that they made Macha with her cat stripes, despite it only being a /tg/ thing and not actual canon.
Meaning that the process they went for the char-design of their franchise started by typing the char names in google…

You can deduce the other developments process from there.

I HAVE NOT PLAYED A DAWN OF WAR GAME OF MULTIPLAYER AND I FUCKING REFUSE TO DO IT. FUCK YOU THQ. FUCK YOU AND YOUR MOBASHIT. WHY IN THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK WOULD I EVEN WANT A NEW DAWN OF WAR GAME. I WAS HAPPY WITH DARK CRUSADE. I FUCKING LOVED IT. TAU ARE MY FAVORITE FACTION TO PLAY IN IN ANY GAME RTS EVER AND ANYONE WHO CALLS ME A SPACE WEEABOO AND SUCK MY FUCKING DICK. YOU TOO THQ. GIVE ME MY FUCKING CHAOS AND TAO. AND DARK ELDER. AND NECRON. AND ALL THE OTHER FUCKING RACES YOU FUCKERS DECIDED TO TAKE OUT SO YOU CAN SELL IT BACK TO ME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wew

Hey now, that seems like something GW would do. Reminder that this is a company that's proud of not doing market research and actually thinks people buy their shit just for painting and collecting.

Just booted up dawn of war soulstorm again, starting new campaign
what is wrong with this actor?

It's cheesy on purpose and it's great.
Hell, the whole game is silly.

Fire warrior had the best narrator

Is that game even good?

It's a lorerape in itself and fairly generic, so no.
It has Brian Blessed voicing the chaos dreadnaught, so yes.

GW's function in 40k games is only to take the money, they dont have anything to do with the game creation process.
And the thing with market research has been changing since they fired their last CEO after the whole AoS fluke.

Whats wrong with you?

it's ONLY the narrator that sounds retarded. Every second word is accentuated for no fucking reason at all and it's fucking stupid

The game was fun enough to play for a fps 40k game for the ps2

Wasn't the lore something along the lines of khorne like possessed a tau firewarrior and that was why he was able to kill all those IG, demons and space marines.

Yes, and he went off to become the tau commander in dark crusade.

just to clarify this is what I mean. no idea why there were cuts in the beginning

I think that was just in the novel, made up to try and justify why a video game protagonist is above everything else in the world.

whats the problem? he sounds thrilled to be telling this story. just imagine an old scholarly man using hand gestures. he swings his fist when he says BREACH

okay, I pre ordered this game without looking at it. I loved dow1: UA mod.

Since it's not getting fisted itt and I don't mind paying for dlc, maybe I don't refund.

steamcommunity.com/id/SlaaneshFetish/

Add me for ranked 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. If ladders aren't in the base game we'll have to use alt sites. Voice required 18+ only.

Alright, looking up some gameplay now.

It doesn't look one fifth as good as UA. Regret is a common feeling for me.

I mean it would have been no fun if you had gotten your ass kicked all the time though.

Just refund it bro if you end up not liking it, since the open beta is next week.

I'm right here. It's still not a MOBA, the economy isn't about farming mobs, the heroes still don't levelup, buy items or have any sort of progression in-game and you get to control every unit on your side, as well as build things.
It's not a MOBA at all, MOBA's have their own trappings that do make them horrible shit but those are not the problems this game has.

Although, now I'm a bit confused. I remenber seeing a video about the Eldar Campaign and they have the ability to teleport buildings up to their entire base. That seems of limited use when they still have to defend one static element in the map, so it'd be one mechanic working against one of the biggest strengths that faction has.
It would make more sense that this is one gamemode but not the only one because, why would you make a single gamemode and call it a day, when default skirmish is even easier to do than this?

I also haven't seen a single source for "no skirmish" and have no idea why everyone is beliving it other than wanting confirmation bias.
If that's true, then that's seriously bad and if "defend the core" is the only gamemode than I'm not gonna buy it at all, but I want sources for that first.
UT2K4 and UT3 also have a gamemode that's entirely around attacking an enemy core while defending yours and yet they are neither MOBAs nor the only gamemode or bad games.