I just beat this, what the fuck happened at the real end?

i just beat this, what the fuck happened at the real end?

i'm trying to settle all the events in my mind and they -kinda- lock in but im missing things who the fuck was Zero?

EVADE HOVERING OVER THE SPOILERS LIKE HOT COAL if this game is in your backlog

was Akane really zero? i mean the current Akane, if she was, where did her and Aoi find the money to reproduce the nonary game? they weren't multi billionaires, and they murdered all of the creators during the game, i doubt the creators would have agreed to make a second if they knew they were all going to be murdered, besides during the second game there was no screening process, so who decided who would participate?

the last thing that i cannot understand is how was Lotus (8) related? aside from her daughter Nona being a participant in the first nonary game, everyone else had a far more important relation, Ace was the ringleader, Snake was an ex-participant, Aoi was also an ex-participant and brother of akane but neither of them act like brothers to each other during the whole game, Clover was brought in as leverage to keep Snake silent, Junpei was the main piece, Akane was zero? since Aoi (santa) was working with "zero" to make the game happen and she had to be present to trigger junpei, Seven was the cop that saved akane and the rest, and the nigger 9 was the scientist behind the game, where does lotus fall into all of this? she was just a relative of one of the ex-participants, why was her important enough to be a participant? could have as well brought any of the parents of any of the other 18 children

pretty dank good VN god please let me NOT fuck this one up…

Holy shit OP stop deleting threads.

I'm surprised you wen't as confused as I was when Alice appears at the very end.

The 2nd nonary game takes place in building Q which is a copy of the gigantic complete with nearly all of its traps that was abandoned in the Nevada desert after the 1st game, the original plan was for the kids in building Q to send the answers to the kids in the gigantic via morphogenic fields but unlike the gigantic it was neither destroyed or damaged so in the end there was no need to rebuild

Yes Akane was Zero and she set up the 2nd nonary game in the future after being saved in the past to prevent her own death. Her sickness during routes that deviate from the true end is her getting slowly fading out because you're deviating from the ending that saves her in the past

Akane is a superbeing that became one after facing an impossible challenge with no explanation why it worked the way it worked(the ending you are asking about), in other words deus ex machina.
Lotus is as far as I know completely unrelated and is there for WTF reaction.
There are tons of inconsistencies that get fixed by retcons.
Game treats you as a fucking degenerate, and even though it did, you still have troubles with it, gj.

Christ, just go read the interview.

Lotus wanted to know the truth about what happen to her kids sand maybe she could help improve Junpei resonance, there are some holes Virtue last reward and Zero Dilemma help fill but its more or less that if i remember correctly. Virtue is the best of the three by far and will mind fuck you to no end, do not use a walkthrough or you can ruin it to yourself.

Go play VLR if you're confused by the mechanics of things. That game has its own set of asspulls but it does a better job explaining how the morphowhatever field functions

Nice set of numbers

Lotus was a necessary part of the game since she was the only one who could 'hack' into the computers of a certain puzzle room you go in.

yes, i finally didn't fuck up the thread

well that helps a lot, but wasn't the building used? i thought the first game happened in both places simultaneously.

the what? also its more fun discussing things with Holla Forums than googling the game's tl;dr

isn't the morphogenic field basically meme magic?

its meme magic: the game, numerology edition.

Used and abandoned but not destroyed like the other facilities.

ha ha references xD

but seriously JUST LOOK AT THOSE BOOBS, is it me or she's wearing nothing but the gold ring thingy?

is the dialogue in VLR seriously this fucking awful or did the DUB get pozzed?

Literally a time travelling loli ghost.
Good luck taking the rest of the franchise seriously.

my pozometer is going off the charts.

Story's shit besides that so save some mad for the end.

They say in the game that Aoi made himself rich via gambling. He knew the results thanks to Akane's powers. All of the Players were chosen by Akane herself. Lotus was need for the room were you hack the pc.

What are you talking about? I don't remember any memes or shit like that. Yes, Alice's boobs are only covered by the gold thing

I actualy liked Zero the 3rd

user save your spoilering abilities for the salt parties, you won't get much out of a thread from a game that is months old.

dont misunderstand, he seems like an interesting character and lets face it we want to fuck that rabbit but the text seems…. off. like something a redditor intern wrote in a haste.

you know how they do that "culturalization" stuff all the time, i dont know japanese so i really have no way to play the japanese game and verify

Zero is for playing death games and being an ass not for sexual

I don't think so, if I remember correctly, the translation team worked really close with the nips.

so the whole thing with cat puns is also in the original?

You mean rabbit puns? I think he just says "usa" or something like that. at the ends of his sentences but I don't remember. So, take it with a grain of salt.

no, i mean the cat puns the protagonist does.

Oh that. He goes NYAH in every sentence. I guess, they could have just make him go "meow" in every sentence

Hahaha.
It gets worse each time.

ZTD is actually hilarious. The motivation behind the whole thing is rather complex.

I'm at the point where I think ZTD's story is so bad it actually turns good.

i never said it was bad. i just said i was not understanding a few things, and some user already cleared them out for me

at least 999 was subtle about the meme magic, VLR throws it right in your face after the first hop back you make.

Junpei wasn't really aware he was a time traveling memewizard until the last few endings, but in VLR sigma is as subtle as dropping a piano on somebody about it

But Junpei never WAS actually a time traveling memewizard, at least not in 999, was he? The only reason he was able to do anything at all was because he was receiving information from Akane through the MF, and then the bit at the end where he sent information. That's the extent of Junpei's power in the original game: he can access the morphogenetic field to get information from Akane (and if I remember right the game seems to imply that he can only get this information from Akane due to their bond; he can't just get any information from anywhere, it has to come specifically from her, though I'm not completely positive I remember that correctly). Akane's powers with the MF are a bit more loosely defined, but I'm pretty sure she's implied to be considerably more adept with it than Junpei, but I still don't think they imply she has the reality-warping powers that they throw around later in the series. I think she was just supposed to be able to get information from sources other than Junpei, which is how she got all of her money and all of her plans.

It's only in ZTD where they up the bullshit meter past 100% to get the kind of fuckery you're talking about. In that game half of the fucking cast can just completely switch their consciousness to another reality whenever they fucking want. That sort of started with Sigma in VLR, when they threw in the idea that a consciousness could transfer itself to another time period, but I seem to remember it being more subdued in that game. ZTD is where they just went full ham with it.

The whole point of the Ambidex game was so Phi and Sigma could learn how to [SHIFT]. It rises the question, why old jumpei can't [SHIFT]

Even more important than wondering why 999 Junpei can't SHIFT, I think, is the question of where the fuck he learned how to SHIFT. Like you say, there was an entire nonary game developed purely for the purpose of teaching it to Sigma and Phi with Akane's assistance. Junpei obviously didn't have either of those: by the time ZTD takes place in the timeline he had only experienced the 999 nonary game, and obviously never received any assistance from Akane in learning the technique.

I'm not pissed off that there are plotholes, I'm pissed because the plotholes only keep deepening because they keep adding more fucking bullshit to this morphogenetic field.

Another one, Siggy is an esper, so was Clover. It is staten that when Several Espers gather, the strongest one gets a boost and the rest get nulled. So, how come a whole group could [SHIFT]

Because multiple espers recently were 'developed' near each other because of the anesthetic. Which allowed them to test the theory on if non espers could shift if enough people shift together. It's also why zero shot the dog, because the dog would die from the stress if he shifted with all of that that happened

im a little disappointed that sigma has no VA.

Junpei had a VA, why's sigma gotta be silent?

But all of the ESPers in ZTD save Carlos were already ESPers before the ZTD started. None of the rest developed it during that game. So I still don't get it.

And, furthermore, all of this makes me wonder why the hell Tennmyouji can't shift. Do they explain that?

When I say developed, that does include getting better at it.
We never see Tennmyouji shift, we see him realize every timeline in the catbox Much like what every esper at the end of ZTD does but not a full shift. Even in 999 or VLR this is the case.

So it's like the carebear from Tumblr Romp?

Even has the same pose

For the plot twist, user.
You're actually Zero and old as shit.

is there any way to skip scenes i've already seen in the PC version?

i notice that many of the dialogue scenes in the branching paths repeat themselves

999:
Akane was Zero the whole time. Santa was in on it the whole time and they played stupid not knowing each other. Technically the game plays time travel incredibly well. Fuck up your path and Akane gets sick and dies or you die. Akane getting sick signifies you took the wrong path. Akane has technically been alive the whole time because Junpei's connection with her was stronger than her brother's. When she disappears in the ending is the only part that is bullshit because she is technically not dead yet unless she ran away.

VLR:
In VLR Akane had been missing for years and Junpei could not locate her, therefore he lost his connection with her could not jump. Once he finally meets up with Akane again he realizes she is a figment of her former self in that timeline and wants to go live back on earth with Quark.

I'll hold off on ZTD because i think that game gets a lot of shit it doesn't deserve and you have not played it yet. The writing is honestly incredibly well done.

why did they shit so much on vlr with ztd
fucking why
iw ated 4 years
fuck
it woudl be better if vlr ended on that cliffhanger
at least then i could ponder the possiblities

I think Uchi had a writter's block or so shit. Delta was a mistake.
Hell, everything is ZTD was okay up until Delta, the part when we start [SHIFTING] with Akane are great, the best part of the game if you ask me

He then had to audacity to cop out about Kyle and "?" like it was some statement from the get-go and he didn't plan anything for it which is clearly bullshit.
I lost some respect for him after that.

just finished VLR, the reactor going off in the distance is the last scene right? the "flow" menu is all complete but who fucking knows anymore with this game

I don't remember any scene with the reactor but if you get the segment with "?" then you finished it all. I do remember it being just a super abrupt "and now you're done" ending since the whole game is basically just a set up for the third.

yeah, i guess thats it then.

going for the third now.

so junpei had brown hair and now he has purple hair and dresses like an edgy emo faggot with jingle jeans

someone edit this to make it junpei instead of coldsteel the hedgeheg

Time-travel telepathy as deus ex machina plot device because gooks are too stupid to write an interesting plot without retarded fantasy bullshit.

Not oc

What are funyaripa?

i knew it, i couldn't possibly be the only one who thought of this exact same thing

kys fam

is it me or ZTD works like shit?

the music randomly stops and some puzzles give you a white screen after you beat them

If we're complaining about ZTD, why did Akane turn into a Clover-esque psychopath when Junpei died? Why didn't they just use Snake, Clover, and Santa if they wanted a 999 team, instead of making one completely new character and making the other two act completely different from the way they acted before? Why would Delta make his glasses an exact replica to a pair that use AR you find for a puzzle? Before you say that nobody on the other teams would of saw them, you need to remember they knew who Delta was from the space test. If Delta found out that a terrorist attack wipes out the entire world from a random Shifter, why wouldn't he do more than nothing to investigate, instead constructing an elaborate deathtrap to make sure his parents are stuck underground for over a year, give birth to him, and decide to put him in a copier and send it back in time to an exact date. All the while he had no clue it would work since he never had the power to shift, and in most timelines, he ends up brutally murdering both his parents.

Whyyyyy?

if i got anything to complain about is the fucking transporter, fucking "ayy lmao" technology that does the same as shifting/morphogenetic field but with both the body and the mind, seriously? this is the biggest asspull i've seen in decades, its closely rivaled in bullshit by FF8's "we all lived in the same orphanage but we forgot lol!"

well im done with this franchise, and boy did it jump the fucking shark after the first game.

when i made the thread, it was 6th of april, and i began the first game on the 4th, so i pretty much played the entire thing in 6 days., average of 2 per game.

the puzzles were good, some were outright bullshit, but i rarely googled solutions for any of them. out the top of my mind, the white Q room at the end of VLR, and the laser puzzle in the reactor of ZTD, also the final puzzle in 999 but only because it was 6 am and i was too tired to figure that it was actually pretty simple.
the story was entertaining, but it increased exponentially in bullshittery as you go further in games. and to top it all off you never really get a fully "good" ending except in the first game. the end of VLR continues from the story of ZTD where that psycho bitch mira injects Phi with R6, fucking 3/4s of humanity, where sigma has to work for 45 years in the AB project as he sees a reactor go off in the distance. and at the end of ZTD you get the "YEAH we're gonna stop the terrerists!" but you don't see them do shit, and also no one knows if carlos actually shoots delta or not but we couldn't have that and be the games be individual from each other like zelda or final fantasy, they had to fuck it up hard by stretching it too much. the vidya industry is truly unfair.

also, another thing that irked me was how much they changed the style of the game after the first, suddenly it became these uncanny 3D anime models, and they fucked it even further in ZTD, sigma doesn't even look like the guy who gets captured in the 25th of December of 2028. i mean shit, i didn't know using the morphogenetic field caused hair loss.

its worth mentioning that ZTD has quite a list of bugs on PC, but PC version of 999 and VLR worked pretty flawlessly.

Now you get to move on to the progenitor of the Zero Escape series, Ever17. Be warned it's a straight VN, no puzzle rooms in that one. If you still feel up to it afterwards, you can also try out the spin off anime, Punch Line.

i think i'll pass.

how did Delta suddenly teleport to where everyone was being threatened by Eric with the shotgun?

how was him in the library room to get shot by Q in the stand off Qteam ending?

was he just invisible? that was kinda bullshit, i understand the hologram background but you can't make a human invisible just because