Has a video game ever made you 'laugh out loud'? Did something funny happen because of a bug...

Has a video game ever made you 'laugh out loud'? Did something funny happen because of a bug, or was it intentionally done by the developers? Share your experiences.
Personally, the only time I can remember laughing out loud was from a cutscene in one of the TimeSplitters games and I believe one of the pikmin games as well.

I remember playing Postal 2 as intended and breaking into someone's house, only for the owner of the house screaming at me to GET OUT, and the very moment after that the game crashed to the desktop.

I don't know if it was intentional, but the timing was so fucking perfect that I was laughing my ass off rather than being pissed off about losing some unsaved progress.

Metal Gear Rising.

First time fighting Armstrong

Sam & Max Hit the Road was pretty funny.

Well dialogue-wise there are lots of funny games.

The gta series for example
Or alpha protocol
Or dragon age origins
Or Prince of persia sands of time

Gameplaywise it depends on the right moment i guess. Especially in open World settings.

Eve Burst Error
Eroge: Sex and Games make Sexy Games
Deadly Premonition
Playing Kirby With friends

When I was a kid, the temple boss for Viewtiful Joe 2 was the fucking funniest shit ever.

Also the leopard in Pitfall: The Lost Expedition was hilarious when I was a kid.

The story of Tales of Graces F made me laugh at how bad it was.

Holla Forums used to play this together during cuckchan days.

At some point, all the players decided to wear the same name. Chaos and hilarity ensued as people started randomly accepting and kicking out members out of alliances because no one could tell which country was who. All the while nukes were flying all around decimating enemies and allies alike.

Literally all the Tales games have bad stories and barebones gameplay.

Yes, but Graces F was worse than the others while somehow having one of the better combat systems.

some of FF14,s dialog is so tongue and cheek sometimes it stole a few giggles out of me

Was going to say Deadly Premonition as well, I hardly ever see games going back and forth from 0-100.

SS13, every game or so.

Griefing, mostly in Halo and Halo Custom Edition on PC.
That map "hugeass" had a C4 weapon. You could perform an infinite ammo glitch with it and just cover the entire hangar in C4 and turn the entire place into a giant storm.

Also I spent the late 00's being the biggest cancer I could, spending ALL of my free time in TF2 micspam servers, and I don't mean servers where people just get to play one song at a time, I mean shit like vid related.
And then there was Left 4 Dead. I would host my own server and wait for players to be brought in via the match-making and I would spawn witches and tanks on them.
Or I would just change my name to Bill, play as Bill, and spam a loop of the Bill Nye the Science Guy theme.

It was all the most hilarious shit in those times.

What the fuck did you just say about Graces F, you piece of shit!? That game is utter perfection, and the pinnacle that all Tales should strive to be. Its combat is absolute, the characters are scrump and natural, and all the skits are witty and well-done. The Tales experience simply doesn't get any better than Graces F. Once you have played that godgame, all other Tales pale in comparison, especially the tepid turds they are squeezing out recently. I wish I could go back in time and erase the experience of Graces out of my fucking mind so I could replay it all over again with a fresh perspective. Also Sophie a cute.

The story is pretty bad though yeah.

miiverse

You know, LOL. Like the meme

meme?

Are you new or something?

Happened earlier today during a SL1 run of DaS. The fact that Ornstein can be pushed around by smough mid charge attack and end up going completely around you and still hit you made me laugh pretty hard.

i have difficulty remembering joyful memories

though, i remember playing freedom planet, aka not sonic, and as i was making my way through the course i see a collectable thing but i end up going past it and the fucking platform was irreversible

realized it was an intentional cocktease in level design
laughed and went ahead to get raped by the boss

Well, when the cloak and dagger first came out, I made some guy on an all talk server scream because I sat right next to him saying "The Engineer is a Spy" over and over, and he got kicked, that was pretty funny, and this one time in CP_Steel I managed to get the entire red team to waste time trying to kill me, a sniper on E when there are doors literally to every other point that don't cross a sightline they could have taken.

Well, abusing a bug in multiplayer. Ghost scratching people before it became popular and patched always got an audible laugh out of me in Left 4 Dead, It's just always amusing how in-game movements could so easily convey confusion.

had a bug in Marvel Ultimate Alliance that made me 'laugh out loud'

I had a genuine laugh at that.

Pretty much every co-op game, especially those where either friendly fire, or really creative and accidental ways to kill your partner are a thing.

The micspam and hijinx of TF2C were pretty fantastic as far as comedy went, as was griefing gmod with you nerds.

The Vita version of SAO Hollow Fragment. The translation is hilariously bad.

Random lines in Leisure Suit Larry: Manga Cum Laude. The one that I remember specifically is
The delivery of that line was hilarious.

I'm a sucker for ragdolls with rich soundscapes. Dicking around in Just Cause 3 and fucking up Rico's landing (with a satisfying thwack) has managed a chuckle or two from me.

I also like physics engines that you can screw with to make games misbehave. There's one mod for GTA IV (has it been remade for V? Anyone?) that forces all cars to go at top speed all the time. Seeing a car fly past you through a tight intersection at an angle on one wheel while the Doppler effect horn blares will get my goat.

I remember stealing my milk instead of paying for it, and I think I firebombed the entire store. All I remember seeing was the shoppers pulling their guns on me and then running around on fire. The smoke effect particles from their chard corpses just piling up more and more and it actually started to seem like pretty realistic smoke as more citizens and cops ran in to try and stop me only to also get set on fire and die. I made it out with the milk but it was a massacre I still to this day find funny.

Worms Armaggedon/World Party comes to mind.

This came up in Nier when I died for the first time; I broke out laughing. I couldn't come up with a better one.

Every time I witness the unbelievable I grow stronger. The only fear I have is that there is a limit to my strength.

I've given a small chuckle, but I've never had to pause the game from laughing if that's what you mean. I think Skyward Sword when Groose fucking dive-bombs you, but there's probably more.

Then again, I don't laugh hard unless it's really fucking funny, or other people are also laughing.

Bayonetta and it's sequel has probably gotten the biggest laughs from me, usually mixed with WTF at the same time.

Fucking Saved.

The drive thru mission in San Andreas always makes me crack up. Of the top of my head the only times I can remember outright laughing is Mario Party 6 when my brother got endlessly fucked over by Waluigi as his AI partner and how hard we roared with laughter during me going maximum edge and reveling in the Dark Side in KOTOR II reading "I'm here to cleanse this flophouse of all life. Prepare to die." in response to being casually asked why I was there by some rough looking people.

Made me reply/10

Just think, that guy is actively shitposting among us, he could be on this very board, in this very thread, waiting for his chance to strike again.

Also you just know the guy is in a dead marriage when he'd rather cuddle a homemade monstrosity than his own wife.

On my original Oblivion CD there was a glitch where the Kvatch watch captain never stopped smiling no matter what happened. When he gave his description about how his city was seized and how he they killed all the people who couldn't get out all while grinning ear to ear I couldn't stop laughing.

Last time I laughed hard at a game was when Little Big Planet 2 came out.
Me and my sister, and also my best friend and his brother bought our copies on release and played them in co-op from our houses while in a live call on skype.
Fuck man what a great time

Last night when playing Persona 5. A question popped up describing a woman who leads men into dangerous situations/death and one of the answers you could give was Elizabeth. A subtle reference, but it gave me a nice chuckle.

Ace Attorney Series
A few times in Ghost Trick
Tomodachi Life at times
Persona games got a few laughs out of me
X-Com has game always made me both frustrated and amused with how inaccurate rookies are
The various stupid ways I get myself killed in most games I play.

I accidentally hit a guard in Oblivion during the last fight. So, I save the realm and get thrown back into jail immediately for not having enough cash to pay for fines after being declared champion of the realm.

Hell yeah, man. I still remember when people on the Holla Forums servers would all start micspamming shit like your video, to try and crash everyone due to buffer overflow. People had some great variation in micspams and sprays as well. It was truly something.
Can't believe it's really been a decade.

Yakuza 0 karaoke lively interjections majima rouge of love

the karaoke and disco both had me cracking up and unable to focus on the gameplay. especially when majima is suddenly rollerskating in the background.

this game had alot of funny moments, but these actually made me laugh out loud and feel embarrassment.

Yakuza 0. I always intentionally choose the wrong options during sidestories just because the reactions makes me laugh so fucking loud. Like the one where you become the producer and place an actual eraser on the table when the crew asked for an erasable.

The original two Fallout games and the sidequests in Yakuza games are pretty funny.

The Wonderful 101 is also pretty good in terms of humour, the great voice acting helped that aspect a lot.

Bad Company 2

Sides are fucking GONE tbh

I laughed at the wedding in BOTW

I'm playing through the Granblue Fantasy Event and it's making me chuckle.
In particular,
"The astrals got rekt and then was butthurt and left"
It just came out of the blue and I couldn't help but laugh a tad.

speaking of gmod
any of you guys have screenshots of out griefs in the darkrp server with the vac banned furfag admin?

Fucking with people in co-op games can be pretty fun like blowing up the methlab in Payday 2 and then get someone else blamed/banned for it.

That's completely logical. You know the phrase, "Once you hit rock bottom, you can only go up?" It works in reverse too.

QUINTS

None I can recall.
I can recognize jokes and think something is witty, but they don't make me laugh.

Catapult scene in Grandia.

Playing Transformice with anons back when it was first discovered.

man that was fun, even though the magician mice would always just try to fuck us up and inevitably only one or two mice would survive simply by stepping over the corpses of their comrades

I got a decent laugh out of the people stupid enough to buy ME:A.

Literally today on Bloodborne. I attacked a villager and she cleared a bunch of gravestones in some weird physics bug.

Almost every scene with Cassandra (especially cassandra x cole) from DA:I

And not to forget the iron bull romance sidequest LMAO XD

Equipping Neptune's bow leaf in Megadimension Neptunia VII threw me into an autistic giggle fit for like a minute

Been there. The amount of screwing around you could do in custom levels in LBP could lead to some amusing stuff.
I'd created "rocket knives" by strapping a rocket booster and a foam switch to a giant knife blade. Friends came over and started to come up with other fun ideas to do with them, which first resulted in rocket knife jousting, then rocket knifechucks (two rocket knives tethered together with elastic. Attempting to ride it was certain death.)

It was all incredibly pointless and stupid, but at the time, incredibly funny. One of the few times I remember laughing so hard it literally hurt.

threads of fate has some genuinely funny dialog in the english translation.

Postal 1 was funnier though.

Deus Ex never stopped being fun.

Never played Nier so I don't know the context but it was still pretty funny

GTA san Andreas. Woozies missions made me laugh more then once