Titanfall 2

I've seen some gameplay on YouTube and it looks pretty fucking fun yo

I haven't seen a lot of people talk about it on here, though - is there any reason why I shouldn't get it?

It's a really solid game, but EA released it at the same time as battlefield or some other shit game no one important actually cares about in an attempt to bury it. Also pretty sure the playerbase has mostly dried up by this point.

why do half the titanfall threads start by saying they've never played the game? Really makes you think.

It's the only game in recent memory that EA has put out and is not complete shit, but it's single player is short as fuck. Buy it if you wanna play multiplayer, but wait for a sale or pirate if not.

Because I want to see if maybe it's fucked somehow and thats why nobody's talking about it.

It's like 50% off right now

Dried up? How good can it possibly be if people just left it behind like that? People play CS:GO for multiple thousands of hours.

EA published it. Handing EA money is disgusting.

It makes you seem like less of a shill of course!

Published by EA, runs on Origin. The game itself is really fucking solid, though.

The playerbase has been in the thousands since release. I've never had trouble finding games, and they update it with free map packs and cosmetic shit every few months, so people come back to play.

Okay, I bought it. I haven't played a good FPS in months so you better be fucking right about this $30 I just dumped

Have fun, user. Remember to go fast, or you're playing it wrong.

Playerbase is still in the thousands thankfully though PS4 is the most active platform.

There are generals here every once in a while, it helps that Titanfall 2 is hands down the only good game EA put out in years.

oh my fucking god this game is amazing

Singleplayer is good but short

The multiplayer maps are too large and don't compliment the run and gun gameplay well at all.

That's about it.

It's certainly an improvement from the first but they shot themselves in the foot by releasing at the same time as two other AAA games at the time. I at least think its better than that new Gears of Wars game that everyone quickly forgot about after its release.

This is one of the only recent games that made me care about its characters. Well, character.

I want to hug and never let go of BT. I also want to fug and choke Ash

It's definitely my favorite FPS in quite a while.

BT was pretty great. Overall the cast was pretty convincing, save for Kane or whatever his name was.

Ash has such a creepy face, though. Now if she was a faceless robot, that'd change things.

Kane made me cringe and Schwarzenigger character made me chuckle.

user, but imagine what'd look like painted with cum

jesus christ I'm enjoying my robot way too much

Does anybody have that art of BT getting hugged by the pilot?

So, how was the free weekend? Stupid EA released some battlefield 1 shit right next to it just make extra sure that nobody plays.

Feels bad. Also, I think EA wanted to sabotage it since they banked a lot of Titanfall 1 and it didn't turn out good. Such a shame. So where will the Respawn guys go now?

There was a free weekend for TF2?

Yeah, the game was 50% off too.

Titanfall 1 was a failure by all means, remember when they added a mode that removed the Titans in an attempt to get the CoD/Battlefield audience?

Another marketing thread? There should be a rule that you either post torrent or it's officially a marketing thread.

Considering how someone is dedicated to always having a thread on this board, always lamenting about how nobody plays the game and how it's a real shame that nobody supports the developers, I find that difficult to believe. I don't usually cry shill, but considering how these threads follow almost the exact same MO and considering how one pops up almost immediately after the last one drops, I think it's justified for me to think that.

Imagine this: someone on Holla Forums doesn't want to throw money at a shitty game.

You should be praising this motherfucker for thinking before buying, not shitting on them. Fucking retards man.

All of those things are the truth though.

EA publishes one good game a decade. Dead Space in 2007, Titanfall 2 in 2016.

Get ready for the next one in themid 2020's

Creepy, emotionless and white. Faceless robots are superior, I don't care what you tell me.

There's 2 modes in Titanfall 2 though that's pilots only though. What's wrong with mode variety?

best single player campaign in a shooter in years though

Where?

of course OP had to be a nigger

You gotta admit the similarities aren't only skin deep. I played the free weekend and the only difference it has from cod is going FAST, the some really cool weapons like the grenade launchers, and the titans and grunts.

It's a multiplayer game you mong

You can calm down right now, because I'm about to not recommend this game. I played it like a rabid nigger for two days now - and the depth turned out to be an illusion.

One-shot hitscan snipers with no drawbacks, arc nades, cloaking, amped weapons, A-wall+DMR… The list goes on. Shit's just not fair in many ways and this sort of bullshit gameplay mechanics really not only puts a hard limit on the skill ceiling, but also makes it not fun to play, since no matter how fast or how hard you go, and how fast your reactions are - some guy's just gonna have an amped weapon and cheese you in three shots.

I just want a game like CS where if you're really good you're gonna facefuck your opponent into ragequitting. I'm fucking trapped in that game and I'm mad, because I'm not enjoying the userbase or the shit matchmaking. I simply can't find a fucking shooter than requires more raw skill than CS:GO.

Even fucking Quake in comparison just boiled down to powerup control and memorized movement for every map. I want out of this hell.

its a game publish by EA, guess where the digital sales is?

But it is an underrated games though. I played it during the open beta and its really fun, but not $60 fun.

Zero interest.
I live in first person, why would I play anything in first person as well?

no, you clearly live in 2nd person

it's shit

It's not at 50% on origin, it's at full price.
Are they doing localized sales? What's the fucking point of having an online shop and do that???

Most of those things you listed are crutches and end up becoming really transparent after you get used to them. Cloak becomes obvious as shit, A-Wall you can just run/jump past or destroy and sniper rifles are extremely predictable (save for the Kraber, which takes a lot of skill to use). Top tier players use one of the SMGs or the EVA-8 shotgun because those tend to be the best weapons to use while on the move. The most "overpowered" thing in the game is phase shift, because it gives you two get-out-of-jail cards, yet even then you're still liable to get shot as soon as you pop back out.

I've practically been playing since release and the game has quite a lot of depth. Granted, some weapons and loadouts do objectively put you at a disadvantage, seeing how hitscan weapons will always be better than projectiles. But you can make all of them work with practice, and some shine in specific maps and gamemodes.
The most important part is the movement. You will facefuck the majority of the playerbase like you said if you have the movement mechanics down. Aside from shit like the grappling hook and wall running, you can also gain speed from the crouch-slide and keep up momentum by b-hopping (it is a Source game after all).

I swear to God I have seen the first 50% of this thread, including the OP, before.

BOTSPOSTING

Singleplayer was rediculously good for how short it was, with a ton of detail.

I felt muktiplayer was overcomplicated and a little too EEESHPORTSSSSSS compared to 1. Also the level of customization (loadout variety, not cosmetic) is restricted compared to 1's very open char/titan customization.

All in all, I'd recommend with those caveats that it doesn't give me the MP experience the first did but still a solid title.

And then half of the people in the threads saying Titanfall 2 is better than the first haven't even played the first game.

I wouldn't be suprised to find the same people in the Titanfall 2 and Overwatch threads, either. Some pretty similar game mechanics with hero characters, "ultimates", etc.

So it's really good fun to pay a lot for, but dead in a year, and the game design is aimed to that. Thanks OP, great post. I sure love these games that come out having terminal malignant cancer on a launch day. So brave. So consumer friendly. So "today".